Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Dune: Part 2”- I’m about to watch it to a sold out theater

I will let you know my thoughts and opinions after it is finished. I haven’t been this excited for a film in a long time, and it seems many feel the same way as me. While we waited to enter the theater a woman started chatting with me and said she canceled all her calls with clients today to come see it. She couldn’t wait. Many people are in work attire, as if they left early to come see it.

A lot of people wanna watch this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 1, 2024 9:20 AM

Watched the cam version yesterday. Enjoy Charlotte Rampling and Florence Pugh, they were the best part of the movie for me.

by Anonymousreply 1February 29, 2024 7:00 PM

Looking forward to seeing it at the Air and Space Museum with the huge six story tall IMAX screen.

by Anonymousreply 2February 29, 2024 7:47 PM

Good thing you redacted all that vital information, OP. You wouldn’t want a Datalounger stealing your seat or throwing popcorn at you.

by Anonymousreply 3February 29, 2024 7:50 PM

[quote] Watched the cam version yesterday

What’s “cam version”, precious? What’s “cam version”?

by Anonymousreply 4February 29, 2024 7:57 PM

I have IMAX tickets, but not until next Thursday ☹️

by Anonymousreply 5February 29, 2024 7:59 PM

Decided to go this evening. 🍿

by Anonymousreply 6February 29, 2024 8:11 PM

R1 this isn’t a film you watch bootleg. Youre lame.

by Anonymousreply 7February 29, 2024 10:04 PM

Ok guys. I just got out of the film a few minutes ago. When I get home I will give my honest opinion on this one. One thing I will say fast… ZENDAYA! A complete movie star performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 29, 2024 10:17 PM

Zendaya has the final shot and scene in the movie. Not Timmy.

She ate. The very final shot of Chani before the screen goes black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 29, 2024 11:37 PM

This scene will be Timmy’s Oscar moment. He was SUPERB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 29, 2024 11:47 PM

My review: MEH. With all the raves, I expected to be blown away, but I wasn’t.

No reason for Muadib to be a scrawny little guy.

by Anonymousreply 11March 1, 2024 2:16 PM

Not a sci-fi guy. I thought the movie was slow at the beginning, but it picks up and the last final hour is sublime. I thought photography and music were superb. I was very surprised by how good Timmy was, and the rest of the cast was also very good.

Spoiler?

I hated Christopher Walken, it really took me out. And I will never understand what the world sees in Florence Pugh.

by Anonymousreply 12March 4, 2024 12:15 AM

I was bored out of my mind (and I liked the first one).

by Anonymousreply 13March 8, 2024 10:59 PM

That skinny-assed pretentious cunt.

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 14March 8, 2024 11:01 PM

I saw it yesterday. Waaaay too much romance, far to little science.

by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2024 11:25 PM

R15 you didn’t read the book because that’s false. Shes present throughout the entire second half of the book and a main character. And the film showed very little romantic scenes. You didn’t watch the movie either.

You’re an embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2024 11:33 PM

I must have skimmed past the romance and the boring Chani shit in the book then, cunt. Regardless, too much romance.

You’re a bitch and a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2024 12:31 AM

Loved the techs and cinematography but the romance between Timothé and Zendaya is just so flat. Too bad. Léa S. and Austin B. on the other hand smoldered. Chalamet is much improved from Dune 1. I didn't laugh. His hair is great. He and Zendaya seem a bit too aware of themselves but not enough to ruin a film that .....let's face it ...... doesn't demand great acting. Great score. Great design. Rebecca Ferguson is terrific. Totally enjoyable in IMAX. Walked into the Do;by screening on my way out and caught the last hour again and preferred the Dolby to the IMAX.

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2024 6:17 AM

Was everyone in the audience 40+?

by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2024 6:22 AM

I saw it last week. The theatre was full. The sound was so loud, I don't know if it's because I"m now over 50, or if it was set that way by the theatre or by the movie it self. Some parts were so loud I had to cover an ear. Christopher Walken took me right out of the movie, unfortunately. He was overall good (subdued, for him) but he's so unique all I could see was him . Austin Butler was a creepy character (and scary with the bald head) but the body was on point (was that real or enhanced?)

Overall the movie was pretty good. I liked a lot of the scenery. Some of the plot was boring (reminds me the way Star Wars would go on and on about trade negotiations or whatever... zzzzzzzzzz)

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2024 3:00 AM

I'll wait till it's out on torrent and watch it then.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2024 3:08 AM

What did you think of Timmy’s performance r20?

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2024 3:09 AM

R21 It’s an amazing film that needs to be experienced in a theater. It’s a cinematic masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2024 3:23 AM

For me the sheer spectacle of it (and make no mistake it is spectacular) dwarfed the human element.

I'd see it again though.

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2024 3:30 AM

I liked it but there was something sterile about it. Even the “love scene” between Timmy and Zendaya is so chaste and minimal they could be brother and sister. And no love scene for Austin either. I don’t know how it will be seen years from now. Probably people will think it’s too long.

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2024 5:39 AM

[quote] Zendaya is so chaste and minimal they could be brother and sister.

Star Wars copied so much from Dune!

by Anonymousreply 26March 21, 2024 5:41 AM

R25 who said anything about Butler having a “love scene”? How would that even work for that character? The audience is supposed to view him as a threat, not someone with love scenes

by Anonymousreply 27March 21, 2024 3:40 PM

Love scene for the psychotic Feyd Rautha!

Are you a straight women moron or just the usual DL gay moron r25?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 21, 2024 4:02 PM

SHILLY MCFRAUCUNT!

by Anonymousreply 29March 21, 2024 4:21 PM

I laughed!

I cried!

I cheered!

I SHIT 💩 MY 💩 PANTS!!

by Anonymousreply 30March 21, 2024 4:22 PM

They are not going to show love scenes in a PG-13 film. Love scenes in general have been removed from mainstream films.

Still I would have enjoyed Austin having sex rather than hearing about it after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 31March 21, 2024 11:11 PM

I saw it today. I thought it was going to be bigger and better than 1, but it was a mostly boring, talky trek through the sand.

by Anonymousreply 32March 22, 2024 12:32 AM

R32 we keep telling you stick to your Marvel movies but you don’t wanna listen. This film is for mature audiences. Not people who have brain rot.

by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2024 1:22 AM

I was surprised the studio or theater chains didn’t offer a double feature of the two parts together. Maybe that will come later.

by Anonymousreply 34March 22, 2024 2:49 AM

♥️TIMMY❤️, with🪐 DUNE 2🚀has the SEVENTH highest grossing film in IMAX 2…💵SO FAR 💰

[quote] Dune: Part Two made $7.2 million in IMAX, bringing its grand total overseas to $65.7 million, making it the 7th highest-grossing international IMAX movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2024 9:07 PM

Dune 2 is also the 15th highest ranking movie on IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2024 9:11 PM

There is no end to TIMMY’S triumph

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2024 9:15 PM

Dune 2 is a flop just like the first one was, with the insane amount of money thrown on its marketing half a billion does not even cover the costs.

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2024 9:20 PM

R38 🤣🤣🤣

Share some more of your Hollywood business wisdom r38

We all need a good laugh

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2024 9:24 PM

R38 that’s a lie. Go drink bleach already. Reports said it needed $500 million to break even. Numbers don’t lie. Go see a fucking therapist and get off this site before you get redtagged again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2024 9:25 PM

Denis is a genius and this film looks better than most films that cost $300 million to make. He made this for $190 million. The promotional budget was released and they spent $100 million to promote it globally. They needed $500 million to break even.

by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2024 9:26 PM

R40. You PR shills really need to sharpen your game.

This AI shit is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2024 9:27 PM

Also, the first didn’t flop. The retard doesn’t know what he’s speaking about, as usual. Then he wonders why no one replies to his threads so he has to keep replying to himself. The most ridiculous threads with 300+ replies? Yeah, because it’s him replying to himself.

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2024 9:27 PM

R42 baby, you’re UNEDUCATED. And living off your family. You don’t have the right to speak to me. Especially when everything you say is a lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2024 9:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2024 9:29 PM

I saw this in IMAX last week - it was incredible. I’m even considering seeing it again (I read the Dune trilogy as a teenager, so am a longtime fan).

I do think Timothée nails it as a naïf who comes to believe he’s a messiah. He has “it”. His transformation is unnerving. Christopher Walken didn’t take me out as much as I thought he would; his acting/character was subdued and effective. Florence Pugh is equally subdued and wonderful. Rebecca Ferguson is at turns… sympathetic? Terrifying? Monsterous? She’s great!

As with the first film, the music and sound design is amazing… so, yes, I’ve decided: I AM going to see it again. Not one minute of that long runtime was boring!

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2024 9:51 PM

R46

“It?” The clap, from what I’ve heard.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2024 9:54 PM

R46 you know there are 6 books, not 3, right?

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2024 9:56 PM

R46 you felt sympathy for Lady Jessica?

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2024 9:56 PM

My friend went to see it again yesterday morning for the 5th time. He posted it on his Insta story. I saw it 3x.

It’s a film that is actually even better on second viewing.

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2024 9:58 PM

The nerds are going to see it repeatedly and the haters are always going to hate. There's no point in arguing with either side.

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2024 10:00 PM

Nerds? No.

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2024 10:04 PM

[quote] The film is nearing $240 million at the domestic box office and has surpassed $570 million worldwide. The movie continues to play in theaters nationwide from Warner Bros.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 29, 2024 1:40 PM

The Voice thing sounded too much like Donald Duck. I laughed whenever somebody used it.

by Anonymousreply 54March 31, 2024 7:41 PM

Godzilla x Kong made as much as Dune 2 in its first weekend. Will they also get first look deals like waif Timotay?

by Anonymousreply 55March 31, 2024 10:43 PM

One is a brain dead CGI blockbuster with a Giant Monkey and Dinosaur fighting. The other is an intelligent, mature film with a few action scenes.

by Anonymousreply 56March 31, 2024 10:45 PM

[quote] Timothée Chalamet shines as a box office draw, with Dune close to becoming his highest-grossing fil

[quote] Dune: Part Two continues to dominate the global box office, surpassing $600 million in sales

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 1, 2024 5:50 AM

I liked it, but for some reason the story reminded me of Avatar, especially when he had to ride the worm vs Avatar and ride the - whatever it was.

by Anonymousreply 58April 1, 2024 5:50 AM

So that would mean Avatar took from Dune. Not vice versa…

by Anonymousreply 59April 1, 2024 9:05 AM

THIS is part of why many people don’t like going to movies anymore. Studies have already shown 2/3rds of adults don’t go to theaters anymore and wait for streaming. This is why they don’t mind waiting. Movies are released on streaming so quickly after hitting theaters now it’s crazy. There is no incentive to go see it in a theater. You know it will be out on demand within 1-2 months now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 1, 2024 9:17 AM

R20, The bare physique is real. The outfits add more.

For example:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61April 1, 2024 9:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!