Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight crew members keep vanishing after landing in Canada

Maryam Raza arrived in Toronto on PIA flight PK-782 from Islamabad on Monday, but failed to report for duty on the return flight, PK-784 to Karachi.

When the authorities opened her hotel room, they found her uniform with a note reading ‘Thank you, PIA’.

Ms Raza joined the national flag carrier 15 years ago and was assigned to the flight from Islamabad to Toronto.

This is the second such case this year of a PIA stewardess “vanishing” after landing in Canada, according to the airline’s spokesman.

Officials say this trend is due to the flexible Canadian law, which offers asylum after entering the country.

Last month, a similar incident was reported when an air hostess failed to report for the return flight after arriving in Canada.

Last year, at least seven PIA cabin crew members went missing in Canada while performing flight duties.

According to the national carrier’s spokesman, one of the crew members who had slipped away while on duty some years ago has now settled in Canada and “advises” other crew members mulling asylum.

He added that the PIA management has been coordinating with Canadian authorities to stop such incidents in future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2024 1:47 AM

Haha, this makes me laugh. Flight crew are usually harmless and clearly able to work. I’m fine with this.

The note is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 1February 27, 2024 9:05 PM

My wife has a funny story about having to get so many last minute stringers because one of the iron curtain company orchestras she was schlepping around the country in the 80sbdefected when she got them to a city they liked.

Anyway congratulations PIA flight attendants on their asylum bids.

by Anonymousreply 2February 27, 2024 9:25 PM

"Vanishing?" What does this mean? That they're kept in safe houses until asylum is granted or they're not seen or heard from again...

by Anonymousreply 3February 27, 2024 10:24 PM

I don't think the Canadian government can stop people from doing this unless they outlaw bids for asylum. PIA could double everyone's salary and see if that does the trick.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2024 1:17 AM

Seems a fine thing to do to me. Pakistan is a shit country for women.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2024 1:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!