Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump says long VP shortlist includes Tim Scott, Ron DeSantis, Vivek Ramaswamy

It’ll be Tim Scott. Trump wants the black vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 15, 2024 12:55 PM

Being Trump’s VP brings a host of career opportunities after Dear Leader’s term ends !

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2024 8:37 PM

Let's put our money down, already.

I've always said it will be Kristi Noem, and I still say it will be Kristi Noem.

Anyone want to wager a hundred bucks???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2024 8:37 PM

Noem has that Corey Lewonsowski sex scandal. She may not be clean enough.

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2024 8:41 PM

Tim is such an Aunty Tom. Big old sissy just ACHING for a real man to throw him a good fuck. I bet he has spent more time in the steam room at the N Charleston YMCA than anyone. He's probably one of those unfortunate black dudes with a small cock.

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2024 8:42 PM

He's not going to get the Black vote with Uncle Tim.

But we all know Donald refuses to see a woman in power, so it'll be one of these dipshit men.

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2024 8:44 PM

I believe that Tim Scott has the advantage because Trump is a vindictive person and has a grudge to settle with Nikki Haley.

Tim Scott plays into this because Haley was the Governor who appointed Scott when he took over for retiring Jim DeMint.

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2024 8:45 PM

He will pick Scott - hoping he gets the black vote and the gay vote.

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2024 8:49 PM

Agree it will be Scott.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2024 8:51 PM

Do you people honestly believe that Trump would ever select a black person as his running mate?

You are all delusional.

He knows very well that the MAGATS would never go for that. Nor would he.

Trump HATES black people.

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2024 8:53 PM

I agree it'll be Scott because Scott isn't a MAGA figure and Trump will want to try to peel off as many centrists as he can with his VP pick.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2024 8:57 PM

He may not be a MAGA figure now, R10, but he’ll drink the Kool-Aid.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2024 8:59 PM

Leaked from a campaign source, the qualifications for VP are the following:

When The President says 'Jump!', you ask: "How high?"

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2024 9:04 PM

I still think Arizona's own Kari Lake.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2024 9:05 PM

DeSanctimonious is a loser. He's proved that time and time again. Trump is just twisting the knife in his back.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2024 9:07 PM

Putin wants Tulsi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2024 9:16 PM

Nunna the above.

I wouldn't write off Co-Speaker of the House Mike Johnson as donald's pick for VP.

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2024 9:20 PM

I assume black people are repulsed by Tim Scott. That would be a strange choice.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2024 9:24 PM

His VP pick will either be his wife, Ivanka, or his sons. He wants a monarchy, probably.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2024 9:54 PM

Only this fat bastard could have a "long VP shortlist".

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2024 9:56 PM

Christian white nationalists would never support a black man for the Vice Presidency. They’re racists. They hated President Obama, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2024 9:56 PM

By the way?

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2024 9:57 PM

There are certainly a number of Vile, Vicious, and Vociferous candidates for Trump to choose from for V.P. But go all his dramatic posturing I don't really think Trump WANTS to choose a candidate that has any Cajones. (Like Lake or DeSantis). Trump's Ego couldn't take it to be paired alongside someone who might actually have a backbone, or God forbid outshine him.

Naw- he wants a proverbial Yes-man. Therefore Scott will serve perfectly as his butt boy.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2024 10:03 PM

Maybe he won't pick any VP.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2024 10:05 PM

I truly don't give a fuck whom he picks to co-star in his wretched shit show, unless it's this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2024 10:06 PM

IF he wants the black vote he should pick a black man.

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2024 11:00 PM

[quote]IF he wants the black vote he should pick a black man.

He should pick Obama.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2024 11:36 PM

ANYONE but DeSantis.

Scarier than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2024 11:50 PM

It can't be Melania Trump. She's not a natural-born citizen, and is thus ineligible to be president or vice president.

It can't be Ron DeSantis, Byron Donalds, Rick Scott, Anna Paulina Luna, or anyone else from Florida. The Twelfth Amendment forbids a president and vice president who are legal residents of the same state from being elected to those offices. Trump is legally a Florida resident, as are the others here.

It won't be Kari Lake. She's too crazy even for Trump, and they've already spent a mint setting her up to contest a purple state senate race.

It won't be MTG or Vivek. Trump loves loyalty, but he HATES shitheads who use him to advance their own personalities. And he sees right through these two.

It won't be Katie Britt, Elise Stefanik, or Kim Reynolds. They're solid politicians in their own right, who got elected without his help, and he sees them as creatures of the swamp.

It'll be Kristi Noem. She's hot (for a politician), which Trump loves. She's a bit of a slut, which Trump also loves. And she's stupid enough and desperate enough to do ANYTHING he wants.

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2024 12:02 AM

Ridiculous to think that black people would vote for Trump all because he chose a black running mate. Give black people some credit, r25

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2024 12:05 AM

Evangelicals should support Scott, because the approval is in the Bible:

[quote]In Ephesians 6:5–8, Paul states "Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ".

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2024 12:06 AM

It will be a pretty Repug woman.

by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2024 12:07 AM

[quote]It can't be Melania Trump. She's not a natural-born citizen, and is thus ineligible to be president or vice president. It can't be Ron DeSantis, Byron Donalds, Rick Scott, Anna Paulina Luna, or anyone else from Florida. The Twelfth Amendment forbids a president and vice president who are legal residents of the same state from being elected to those offices. Trump is legally a Florida resident, as are the others here.

Like the GOP plays by the rules and cares about the laws in this country ?

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2024 12:13 AM

It’ll be Elise Stefanik. He thinks she’ll get the female vote and she’s chubby and homely so she won’t take any attention away from him.

PS His list is just a distraction for him to see who the biggest ass kisser on it is.

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2024 12:20 AM

Elon Musk.

"If Obama was president for eight years without showing his birth certificate, showing he was born in ken-YEAH, then Elon Musk can be my vice president. Why can't he? South America, ken-YEAH -- what's the difference? If the commie Democrats can do it, why can't I? Why can't I? Who says I can't? If there's words somewhere that says I can't, I'll just change them after I win. Make America Great!"

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2024 12:20 AM

[quote] Christian white nationalists would never support a black man for the Vice Presidency. They’re racists. They hated President Obama, by the way.

Trump's VP is more like a valet. I don't think his white nationalist base would object to Trump having a smiling Black servant. Also, after the uppity Obamas, having an Uncle Tom shuffling around the White House is just the salve the white masses need to calm their fears.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2024 12:21 AM

It'll be whatever name he thinks looks best sitting next to his on a sign. Ramaswamy is out for that reason alone. It also won't be someone significantly overweight, because he doesn't like fat people. (Yes, the jokes write themselves.) And, of course, the person has to be an ass kisser. He's not a complicated man.

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2024 12:25 AM

R36 Sarah Huckabee Sanders is also out, unless she can get her hooves on some Ozempic by the barrelfull!

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2024 12:27 AM

Guv Ron has ruled himself out.

by Anonymousreply 38February 23, 2024 12:28 AM

I predict it will be Marco Rubio. He brings in the Latino vote. A lot of Latinos are evangelicals. And he is opportunistic enough to know he will become PResident if Trump falls apart. Plus, if Trump is defeated by Biden. Rubio will be in a position to get Trump supporters when he runs for POTUS in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2024 12:31 AM

[quote] I've always said it will be Kristi Noem

The chick responsible for “Meth. We’re on it!”? She has a million scandals.

by Anonymousreply 40February 23, 2024 1:17 AM

R39, no one is even thinking about Marco Rubio anymore. He’s irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 41February 23, 2024 1:17 AM

^ Rubio is a Florida resident and ineligible to share donald's ticket.

by Anonymousreply 42February 23, 2024 2:31 AM

The more I think about this, the more I think he will choose whomever will best pander to Evangelicals. That will transcend all other qualities for Trump. I cannot see him choosing a black man, he is that racist. But a woman, who is white? I think he will jump at that.

Try to remember, when he ran the first time, he did all kinds of things to “show” he liked black people. He did several stunts to “prove” he wasn’t anti-gay (didn’t he even hold up the Pride flag in an early presser after he was elected)? He will pull all kinds of stunts to try and win over those blocks, but I do NOT believe he will share a ticket with any POC, though I woman is possible. I think he would like the sexiness of a female on the ticket. I also agree, only attractive females need apply, which automatically eliminates Huckabeast. By sheer elimination and running it through my Trump-o-matic filter, I land first on Noem, Tulsi, and my dark horse choice is Kari Lake.

by Anonymousreply 43February 23, 2024 3:21 AM

Failed Speaker MAGA-Mike Johnson for VEEP.

"Loser/Failure 2024"

by Anonymousreply 44February 23, 2024 3:30 AM

The only thing Trump has going for him is the racism. That's how important it is to racists. They'd abandon him as fast as they did W and Reagan. They worshipped those guys too. Until they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 45February 23, 2024 4:02 AM

Tim Scott? Really

So many of you thinking it will be Scott while trump tries to go after not the block vote but some chunk of the black vote. Just enough to hurt Joe.

You sound like really smart people

by Anonymousreply 46February 23, 2024 4:07 AM

I have been saying it’s likely going to be Scott for months. He makes far too much sense for it not to be him.. Very Conservative but not a wacko MAGA Christian to an extreme but he sounds nothing like a Mike Johnson.. in fact he sounds nice which makes him the anti-Mike Johnson.

Scott scares me because I think he is the one that could pull some votes away from Biden that trump might never normally see. And the this is going to be a close election.

If you disagree do so with naming someone you think will bring in more v

otes for trump. Despite still thinking it will be Scott I am hoping it will be a strong MAGA type, maybe a MAGA woman already on the record of behind hard against abortion, or Vivek. The harder right ,the more anti abortion the more seen as a MAGA stalwart the better. A hardcore wacko would really help

by Anonymousreply 47February 23, 2024 4:38 AM

Before making his selection, Trump would like to know the vp candidate's thoughts on the this furniture piece for the office...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 23, 2024 5:52 AM

Freshly minted hetero Tim Scott in da Masta’s House

by Anonymousreply 49February 23, 2024 6:08 AM

Trump has already sewn up the black vote. They're all buying his gold hightops, and you know how they love fancy basketball shoes.

by Anonymousreply 50February 23, 2024 6:11 AM

This will end in tears and defenestration.

by Anonymousreply 51February 23, 2024 6:42 AM

I'm holding off my wedding day.

by Anonymousreply 52February 23, 2024 7:02 AM

Reading through the 50 replies on this thread, there doesn't seem to be any consensus here on DL as to who Trump's VP pick will be.

by Anonymousreply 53February 23, 2024 7:06 AM

R53, Tim Scott if you've actually been reading.

R52, I too was going to ask when is the wedding??

Someone else mentioned by I think Katie Britt is a dark horse candidate. Watch her closely. If it could be Stefanik, it could be Britt.

Those are my two picks: Scott or Britt.

by Anonymousreply 54February 23, 2024 8:46 AM

If Tim Scott is not selected, he will call off the wedding since there is no reason for a gay man to marry a woman.

by Anonymousreply 55February 23, 2024 9:16 AM

Whoever gets VP would be POTUS within a year. Turd will step down after he pardons himself, the Jan. 6th domestic terrorists... and appoints a bunch of MAGATs.

Or the obese 78-yr. old will just drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 56February 23, 2024 9:43 AM

I am so sick of the dark blue suits with red ties. On all of them. Can not someone take a dare and wear a tie with tiny Triceratops or rearing horses on it?

by Anonymousreply 57February 23, 2024 9:49 AM

I am so sick of the dark blue suits with red ties. On all of them. Can not someone take a dare and wear a tie with tiny Triceratops or rearing horses on it?

by Anonymousreply 58February 23, 2024 9:49 AM

Tim Scott looks and acts like he just came out of the cotton field. He's got as much spine as a jellyfish.

by Anonymousreply 59February 23, 2024 11:03 AM

Trump already has the evangelicals, so he need not worry. He needs to choose someone who will draw away some of the Dem base, so Scott makes perfect sense, which means, it won't be him.

by Anonymousreply 60February 23, 2024 12:11 PM

Republicans are a fucking cargo cult. Always thinking stupid shit like nominating any black man or cozying up to Kanye or some cheap gold stickers will somehow make ANY Black voter turn out for Trump. Let alone swathes of them.

by Anonymousreply 61February 23, 2024 1:21 PM

[quote] Rubio is a Florida resident and ineligible to share donald's ticket.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 62February 23, 2024 1:30 PM

R51

And all the many articles out there over the past 6-10 months talking about Biden losing significant support among blacks may not translate to “swathes” but then again how many can Joe afford to lose?

Racist who constantly make fun of how a black man looks or talk about blacks and cotton fields may not understand this but Scott will appeal to a lot of Americans. Those that lean right and left.

People want to make light of that or make fun of that I hope are not Biden advisors.

Scott would be the absolutely last person the Dem advisors will want to see on the ticket (Haley already out of the running)

by Anonymousreply 63February 23, 2024 1:45 PM

There isn't a Black person alive who has any respect for that Stepin-Fetchit Shuckin-n-Jivin' Tim Scott idiot.

Tim Scott is a Black White Supremacist who debases himself endlessly to kiss up to Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 64February 23, 2024 2:02 PM

Trump doesn't like losers.

Or failures.

Or weak men.

Or women of any kind - except those who dress like whores.

Or Blacks of any kind.

Or anyone who's too "alpha dog" to know his place.

So it'll be someone who's talented and handsome, but not too talented or handsome. Someone who's a success, but not so successful that they outshine him. Someone who's sexy, but not so sexy that she isn't cool with a little groping. Fuckin' Goldilocks over here.

by Anonymousreply 65February 23, 2024 2:10 PM

Please! Tim Scott? Never happen. Those rascists would not be happy with a poc one heartbeat away from the presidency. Especially with a not very healthy 77 year old in the top spot.

by Anonymousreply 66February 23, 2024 2:37 PM

R66 Yes but those racists believe Trump will live forever. No chance Scott will ever see the Oval Office. And if Trump tells his cult Scott is the right choice, they'll believe him and vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 67February 23, 2024 2:55 PM

R66

And your argument as to the racist core of MAGA is why I think it’s going to be Scott.

Do exactly what your enemy is convinced you would never do. Own the Liberals make a fool of the progressives that swore it would never happen. Trump with this potential pick makes it real hard to argue he or the GOP is racist.

Your argument is exactly why I think it will be Scott. And you best hope I am wrong.

by Anonymousreply 68February 23, 2024 2:59 PM

But I thought all of this is irrelevant because Trump is getting paid to drop out so Nikki Haley can swoop in and save the day...

by Anonymousreply 69February 23, 2024 3:08 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 23, 2024 3:52 PM

I think if Turd had the Xtians in the bag they wouldn't have to stage dreck like this. The Russiapublicans want to get a Theocracy going, so I think the VP will reflect that.

Bachelor Tim and his fake white fiancee will not be enough. He's being used right now for Turd to be seen onstage with dark-skinned people ("He like us...").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 23, 2024 4:38 PM

I think you get things like that r71 because Trump is ridiculously, insanely addicted to flattery. The one group he can absolutely count on is white evangelicals. They have pretty much turned Trumpism into a part of their religion.

by Anonymousreply 72February 23, 2024 5:43 PM

Kari Lake and Ron DeSanctimonious have proven themselves to be Big Time Losers™️. Tulsi Gabbard too. Tm Scott is a Winner, like me!

by Anonymousreply 73February 23, 2024 6:26 PM

The reason why Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a good choice in his eyes is because she serves. When she worked for him he was the boss and she did what he said. She also gave him good advice. I think he is looking for someone he is comfortable with. Someone who won't upstage him, who will support him and do what he wants. She checks all those boxes...and she won't upstage Melania by being too pretty or fashionable. And just keep in mind that anyone can get a make over. They'll hire a wardrobe consultant for her and she can get her hair done and she will look presentable.

by Anonymousreply 74February 23, 2024 6:28 PM

I think Ramaswarmy is the best choice. He seems to be hated by everyone. Maybe it will keep them from voting for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 75February 23, 2024 6:28 PM

Why can’t I nominate John Barron or my friend Jim?

by Anonymousreply 76February 23, 2024 6:31 PM

A Quick Look at the polls today, and as of today it looks like it could be another close election in the electoral college. No one is running away with this. I wonder how few votes it would take in one or two states at most for it to mean a Trump win vs a Biden win.

A VP that brings a few votes with them could be a major difference maker in 2024. A VP that does not appeal to true independents and moderates is a wasted choice for VP.

by Anonymousreply 77February 23, 2024 6:54 PM

R77, I seem to remember reading that the electoral college would have gone the other way in 2020 if somewhere around 80,000 voters, spread across three swing states, had voted differently.

Off the top of my head, I think the victory margin for Biden in Michigan was around 10,000 votes, for example. In Georgia we know, famously, that all Trump needed was 11,000 votes to be found. I think the third state was Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 78February 23, 2024 7:01 PM

If Sanders had lost weight, she'd be in the mix. Not enough time for that now. And I'm not saying that to be a bitchy queen. Mr. Cheeseburger Diet that lies about his weight would never pick a fat woman for VP no matter how qualified or loyal.

by Anonymousreply 79February 23, 2024 7:02 PM

And to add, R77, I agree that the smart move would be to pick someone from a purple state who’s somewhat levelheaded.

I doubt this will happen however, since Trump regularly makes choices based on emotion or self-interest rather than strategy or even common sense.

by Anonymousreply 80February 23, 2024 7:05 PM

Scott and Ramaswamy sounds about right. They are submissive enough. DeSantis? Besides a mutual hate - what's the point? It's not that DeSantis rakes in any new voters that Trump wouldn't get on his own.

by Anonymousreply 81February 23, 2024 7:08 PM

R78, Biden's margin of victory in MI in 2020 was a little over 154,000. In PA it was a little over 80,000. In GA, as you say, it was a little over 11,000.

by Anonymousreply 82February 23, 2024 7:09 PM

R78 R82

Yes the number needed could be quite small. Unless the Dems get a 2020 type of voter turnout. If they do it won’t matter who Trump picks Biden will win.

If being the important word here

by Anonymousreply 83February 23, 2024 7:11 PM

I said it in another thread a long time ago, but his smartest choice would be to call up Condoleeza Rice and beg her to be his running mate. Checks a number of diversity boxes. Has no recent baggage from the primaries. No question she's qualified (in terms of background, not talking her politics). Connected to the relatively more moderate, establishment wing of the GOP that Trump has pissed off. Has a nice, short last name that works well on signs. And it's obvious from the Bush years that she has no problem not upstaging anyone. But Trump doesn't think smart like that.

by Anonymousreply 84February 23, 2024 7:13 PM

MAGAts will support anyone Trump tells them to, even if he told them he was choosing Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 85February 23, 2024 7:13 PM

Could Christian nationalists stomach an adultress on the ticket? Of course, they forgive and forget men but women can never live down their sins.

R84 - do you really think Trump’s going to choose a known Sovietologist?

by Anonymousreply 86February 23, 2024 7:15 PM

He wants a VP that will do as s/he's told the next time they throw a coup.

by Anonymousreply 87February 23, 2024 7:18 PM

Elise Stefanik voted against the bill guaranteeing right to contraceptives, so tough luck with a large majority of the women and still a majority of men, albeit smaller. Also Trump wants to be seen in company of gorgeous women, always, hence miss USA and the only reason he's jettisoned his ex-wives is because they lost their look. He's only keeping Melania because of all the maintenance she's going through to not look like an old lady and she's very pliable, like all prostitutes. Trump would never want to be seen choosing homely Miss Potato Head as his VP no matter how sickeningly sycophant she can be. Also she's the one who made George Santos, all by hersef. She could be a great speaker though and would trample all over the last shreds of democracy with her hefty presence. I hope this one ends up in prison, where she belongs because she has the brain to understand the consequences that a second Trump presidency would have on the country, unlike Boebert (who is toast anyway) and MTG whose brains are just barely reptilian.

by Anonymousreply 88February 23, 2024 7:46 PM

^ besides which, she's a fat ugly cunt

by Anonymousreply 89February 23, 2024 8:45 PM

[quote] If Sanders had lost weight, she'd be in the mix

She has lost weight. It’s been the subject of social media Ozempic speculation.

by Anonymousreply 90February 23, 2024 8:52 PM

Did she get a chin?

by Anonymousreply 91February 23, 2024 8:54 PM

Trump can’t pick Ramiswamy because he’s richer than Trump. Donald would never put up with a genuine billionaire waiting in the wings.

by Anonymousreply 92February 23, 2024 8:54 PM

Her head looks bigger and squarer now, R91.

by Anonymousreply 93February 23, 2024 8:55 PM

I’m trying to find a link to a photo. Maybe this one will work. The first photo I see is a recent one of Huckabeast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 23, 2024 8:57 PM

[quote]Her head looks bigger and squarer now, [R91].

Sounds lovely!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 23, 2024 9:00 PM

[quote] The first photo I see is a recent one of Huckabeast

Sorry…the second photo. The one where she’s wearing a pink dress.

by Anonymousreply 96February 23, 2024 9:02 PM

[quote]The one where she’s wearing a pink dress.

She must have been feeling especially girly that day.

by Anonymousreply 97February 23, 2024 9:14 PM

[quote] A Quick Look at the polls today

That was your first mistake R77.

by Anonymousreply 98February 23, 2024 11:04 PM

As a POC, I'm offended by many of the posts on this thread. To think that Black people will vote for Trump simply because he has a Black man on the ticket is very offensive. I suppose you are the same people who believe that Trump will capture the Black youth vote because they just LOVE sneakers!

Besides being disgusted by the image posted by the OP, I believe that this is one of the biggest setups that we will ever see. Does anyone recall how Trump set Romney up for embarrassment? The same thing is happening here, IMHO. Scott will be strung along, and those "so called" conservatives of color will work HARD and very publicly for the ticket. Then Trump will pull the rug out from under all of them, and the embarrassment will be deep.

The only way that Scott hits this ticket is with his total misunderstanding of what his role will surely be. This, of course, works to Trump's benefit. Scott will be looked upon and thought of nothing more than a Rochester. This would be Trump's slap to the faces of President Barak and Michelle Obama, along with those who supported them.

by Anonymousreply 99February 23, 2024 11:52 PM

R99........ he won't choose Scott, but the voters are being swayed anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 23, 2024 11:57 PM

yeah, not sure I believe he's "poised" to win between "14% and 30%" of the black vote. It's almost like it's a half-assed poll that has pretty much no idea what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 101February 23, 2024 11:59 PM

I don't think it's offensive to say that he'd likely get SOME more of the black vote if he went with a black running mate. It's possible this is going to be a very close election and even a small % change could make the difference. I don't think anyone is suggesting, other than that sneakers idiot, that black people in general would rush to vote for him. But Scott? I just don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 102February 24, 2024 12:04 AM

Strikes against Scott - 1. He still has the gay stank all over him beard or no beard 1. They don't want the #2 person to be black because we all know Trump will expire soon enough. Kristi Noem, Elise Stefanik or Speaker Moses is my picks

by Anonymousreply 103February 24, 2024 12:10 AM

Trump doesn't respect Scott, nor does he get anything useful out of him.

His favorite type of trophy is the hide of a vanquished foe. Someone who publicly fought him, gave it their all, and then crumbled into an utter kiss-ass at his feet.

His least favorite type of trophy is the airhead who sucks up to Trump, Inc. because he or she has nothing of their own to offer America.

by Anonymousreply 104February 24, 2024 12:11 AM

Don't believe that R101. Black folk just won't vote (which could be argued as helping Trump) but they're not going to proactively go to the polls and pull the Trump lever. That's NOT gonna happen. I've posted this earlier on in some DL thread, but Trump wasn't anything new to POC. Black folk have seen his ilk before (and many like him). I tell ya... I'll never forget meeting and speaking with 5 men (who happened to be Black) that made it a life-or-death conviction to register to vote AND vote! They had never voted in their lives and what was consistent among all of them is that they saw Trump for what he is, and they knew what was coming.

Also, R100, I'm getting very tired (and I'm not blaming you) for these "paid for" propaganda pieces

by Anonymousreply 105February 24, 2024 12:11 AM

[quote]I don't think it's offensive to say that he'd likely get SOME more of the black vote if he went with a black running mate.

It most certainly is.

Let's take just one item (out of many) of why the Black race want nothing to do with Scott. It was his opposition to police and prison reform, and thus killing that piece of legislation, is enough to dismiss him.

by Anonymousreply 106February 24, 2024 12:19 AM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dump, in one of his unhinged rants, starts waxing nostalgic about Amos 'n Andy. Then brings Tim Scott out on stage.

by Anonymousreply 107February 24, 2024 12:27 AM

^With Scott shuffling right out on stage (on cue) with that "thank ya, Massa" grin.

by Anonymousreply 108February 24, 2024 12:30 AM

Bless your heart, R99!

I had the misfortune of speaking with two local black men (different times, different places) who [bold]LOVE LOVE LOVE[/bold] Donald Trump. They were so vehement (just like the white deplorables) it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

In fact, now that I think about it, a black man in my motorcycle association, originally from Jamaica, also loves Donald Trump. His newly wedded (Puerto Rican) bride staunchly agreed with him.

Anecdotal, I know -- but they're out there.

by Anonymousreply 109February 24, 2024 12:32 AM

Maybe - just maybe - Ben Carson will be chosen !

by Anonymousreply 110February 24, 2024 12:32 AM

They are out there, R109. I do agree with you on that. The very few Black men that I know of who were publicly for Trump were those who were attracted to him because of his "so-called" wealth and the women he attracted. None of them could tell you about Trump policies. Their attraction was simply because of his wealth and how they perceived his lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 111February 24, 2024 12:37 AM

Is sleepy Ben Carson still taking hits off the anesthesia R110?

by Anonymousreply 112February 24, 2024 12:40 AM

Same with the white deplorables, R111.

I wish race made a difference, but a deplorable is a deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 113February 24, 2024 12:42 AM

Way out on a limb here, but homophobic black voters would figure out Scott's closet case thing.

The press would be all over Scott as the first non-white ticket member so that Trump would be resentful of all the attention.

by Anonymousreply 114February 24, 2024 1:04 AM

[quote] Way out on a limb here, but homophobic black voters would figure out Scott's closet case thing.

That thing has been figured out across the continuum of race, sexuality, space and time.

A Black VP for Trump solves the superficial image problem Trump and the Repubs have as racists. I hope he does NOT pick Scott for that reason. A smiling c00n could dampen the urgency of the Dem electorate and thwart its plans to drive voter turnout.

by Anonymousreply 115February 24, 2024 1:53 AM

I wish Trump would choose Scott. Any chance he has of winning a % of the Black vote would evaporate.

Now. As for the Huckabeast, I can see Trump wanting her. She is someone he knows and is comfortable with. He trusts her. She did a good job for him. But then reality hits. Who the fuck is going to vote for her? What does she bring to the ticket, besides her history with Trump? What's her constituency? She doesn't add anything to the ticket. OK. Maybe he won't pick RUbio. But if they could find some Latino, Evangelical sympathizer he'd go for it. I just believe Trump is feeling beleaguered and wants the comfort of a know entity.

by Anonymousreply 116February 24, 2024 2:00 AM

Nah, it won't be Scott. Blacks are solidly Democratic and Scott looks like a potato. Trump will pick a woman.

by Anonymousreply 117February 24, 2024 2:34 AM

Why not George Santos? I live for his crazy ass.

by Anonymousreply 118February 24, 2024 2:41 AM

[quote] Scott as the first non-white ticket member

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 119February 24, 2024 2:55 AM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 120February 24, 2024 2:56 AM

Steve Bannon

by Anonymousreply 121February 24, 2024 4:17 AM

Well, then, why not Milo Yiannopoulos.

by Anonymousreply 122February 24, 2024 10:37 AM

1-Biden has been losing black support based on polls and surveys (true)

2-Blacks will never vote for Trump (claimed to be true by those that speak for all POC )

It’s hard to see both of those being completely true. And like the poster above I have talked to POC within the last 7-10 days that claim to love Trump at least enough to vote for him once again. Kind of anti woke POC.

by Anonymousreply 123February 24, 2024 11:09 AM

[quote]The chick responsible for “Meth. We’re on it!”? She has a million scandals.

Scandals? Next to Dump R40?

by Anonymousreply 124February 24, 2024 2:33 PM

[quote]As a POC, I'm offended by many of the posts on this thread. To think that Black people will vote for Trump simply because he has a Black man on the ticket is very offensive. I suppose you are the same people who believe that Trump will capture the Black youth vote because they just LOVE sneakers!

R99 I do hope you watched 'The Weekend' on MSNBC this morning with Symone and Michael Steele discussing this with a black political commentator (I apologize - I didn't catch his name). They talked about this at length - and how Trump was hoping to attract the black vote with his sneakers. They thought this was quite obvious what he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 125February 24, 2024 2:36 PM

This is news to me tonight - Trump was at the Black Conservative Federation conference last night, and said black people can identify with him because he's a criminal. He claimed mostly black people bought his 'mug shot' tee shirt to stand in solidarity with him. The crowd cheered him on.

WTF ?

by Anonymousreply 126February 24, 2024 9:19 PM

Trump is dreaming, he'll be out of contention before November.

by Anonymousreply 127February 24, 2024 9:49 PM

He would never have an ugly woman standing next to him on a dais because he is that shallow, so Sanders and MTG are out. My guess is Kristi Noem or Tulsi Gabbard.

by Anonymousreply 128February 24, 2024 9:54 PM

Noem sounds about right

by Anonymousreply 129February 24, 2024 10:07 PM

What kind of cred would Tulsi have with the MAGAts, when she was a Bernie-ish Democrat for so long?

by Anonymousreply 130February 24, 2024 10:39 PM

Please, Baby Jesus, let it be Ramaswamy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 25, 2024 12:16 AM

Tulski isn't his type R128. Too dykey. But Krystle Gnome is right up his alley and would probably love to have her pussy grabbed by his stumpy orange fingers.

by Anonymousreply 132February 25, 2024 12:28 AM

If I were Trump, I'd pick Ramaswamy just to grab him by his pussy and show him who's boss.

by Anonymousreply 133February 25, 2024 12:42 AM

Geraldo Rivera @GeraldoRivera

I’m guessing Trump will pick Senator Tim Scott for his VP, after his effusive remarks concerning Scott, and Trump’s awkward attempt to embrace Black voters.

by Anonymousreply 134February 25, 2024 1:19 AM

Winning smile!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 25, 2024 1:23 AM

^ That's horrifying!

by Anonymousreply 136February 25, 2024 1:24 AM

……..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 25, 2024 1:31 AM

[quote] What kind of cred would Tulsi have with the MAGAts, when she was a Bernie-ish Democrat for so long?

r130 Agreed. It won't be Gabbard. She scares many Republicans. I mean a socialist libertarian is an anarchist.

by Anonymousreply 138February 25, 2024 3:30 AM

I think Trump has Alzheimer's. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 139February 25, 2024 4:06 AM

[quote]What kind of cred would Tulsi have with the MAGAts, when she was a Bernie-ish Democrat for so long?

She wasn't any fucking kind of a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 140February 25, 2024 4:14 AM

R140, although Tulsi was a fraud, she was a registered Democrat until 2022 and supported Bernie Sanders. Also belongs to a Hindu sect.

by Anonymousreply 141February 25, 2024 10:59 AM

R137

Takes me back to the days when racists were pointing out how much the First Lady looked like a large monkey. Making fun of how a black person looked. Not that anyone on DL would do that sort of thing with Scott. Only racists would do that.

by Anonymousreply 142February 25, 2024 11:06 AM

R141 The cunt supported Bernie Sanders because her Russian paymasters knew he couldn't win a general election. She has no legitimate ties to democratic socialism, and her voting record shows her to be much more of a military-industrial stooge than a friend of the working man.

She voted "present" on impeaching Trump. And she and her family really, really, REALLY hate the homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 143February 25, 2024 3:43 PM

My point, R143, is Tulsi's appeal to the MAGAts. Her pro-Russia assholery should be a plus for them, but she was nominally a Democrat and is not Christian, which are minuses. There are plenty of long-time Republican evangelical types who bring the same pro-Russia assholery.

by Anonymousreply 144February 25, 2024 4:39 PM

Watched SNL Cold Open last night and it was hilarious. Scott, Rubio, Miz Lindsey and some other guy, I think the guy from Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 145February 25, 2024 5:57 PM

Trump and his people plan on stealing this election. They will do what they did in 2016. Only this time he has red states passing laws to make it easier. But the basic plan is to make sure he "wins" electoral votes. So he is looking at Michigan and a few other states. He will regain the White House unless we support the groups who are litigating election laws. Guys like Mark Elias and his group. And he will regain the WH unless we have an overwhelming turnout. IF we don't show up, he will get away with everything, and make this his own personal hellscape.

by Anonymousreply 146February 25, 2024 11:58 PM

He can pick his nose as vice president. He’s not going to win.

by Anonymousreply 147February 26, 2024 12:13 AM

Unfortunately for him, The democrats run the majority of the swing states, so he'll have a hard time stealing anything. Couldn't even steal Georgia last time with the Repukes in charge.

by Anonymousreply 148February 26, 2024 5:55 PM

I heard one reporter on POTUS saying it was going to be Ben Carson. No chance he’d overshadow Trump.

by Anonymousreply 149February 26, 2024 5:59 PM

Indeed, R149, that would make a lot of sense.

by Anonymousreply 150February 26, 2024 7:54 PM

Ben Carson would be a great choice for Trump, he'd reassure tons of independent voters that he's not racist or anti-intellectual. Oh, also, Trump should keep talking about how he did away with Roe V. Wade, and his plans to end gay marriage, deport tens of millions of foreigners, and jail his political enemies. And keep publicly calling his wife "Mercedes." Winning!

by Anonymousreply 151February 26, 2024 8:18 PM

They can shared Depends.

by Anonymousreply 152February 26, 2024 8:19 PM

I wish I was wrong but it will never be Ben. And not because he is black. But we can all hope it will be anyway.

by Anonymousreply 153February 26, 2024 8:27 PM

Its gonna be Byron Donalds.

Straight, black, male and holder of the Trump megaphone. He is everything that Lindsey Graham isn't.

by Anonymousreply 154February 26, 2024 8:34 PM

Trump will never pick a black running mate. I don't think he has the stomach for it, plus it will soften his evil racist base

by Anonymousreply 155February 26, 2024 8:37 PM

If Trump picks a Black running mate, that man (there are no woman being mentioned) will bear Trump’s ire if things go south.

by Anonymousreply 156February 26, 2024 8:42 PM

R156

A great fucking point because Trump is always seen as so fucking supportive of others when things go south for him. Trump would never blame a white man or a woman if his campaign tanked. but a black and we will see trump shift blame.

Said no one ever

Everyone knows no matter what happens good or bad that trump will shit on them. Many accept that and would eat shit to become president.

by Anonymousreply 157February 26, 2024 8:48 PM

Tim Scott won’t make it through the vetting process (that is, if they bother to do one).

by Anonymousreply 158February 26, 2024 8:50 PM

^ what, you mean Auntie Tim left a trail of bastard children all over the South?

*tee hee*

by Anonymousreply 159February 26, 2024 8:56 PM

R156 and they WILL go south.

by Anonymousreply 160February 26, 2024 8:57 PM

Preach, r64. I came here to say that NO Black figure short of a resurrected MLK, Jr., will lure enough Black votes to TSF to matter at ALL, electorally.

by Anonymousreply 161February 26, 2024 9:02 PM

[quote]I heard one reporter on POTUS saying it was going to be Ben Carson.

Isn't he dead?

by Anonymousreply 162February 26, 2024 9:08 PM

R142, How do you see racism in a gummy smile? Is it racist to point out that Eric has one of the world's worst?

by Anonymousreply 163February 26, 2024 9:09 PM

Nobody looks good with a gummy smile. Both Eric Trump and Tim Scott look hideous.

by Anonymousreply 164February 26, 2024 9:25 PM

Funny you should mention a vetting process, (if there is one.) R158. If there had been a real vetting process...by the media back in 2015 and 2016, Trump would have never got near the WH. But the media deliberately overlooked all the filth that was available about him. Instead focusing for 600 straight days, on "E-mails!" Allowing Rudy Giuliani, whom they already knew was in Trump's pocket, to convince them that Hillary was going to be arrested any minute. Rudy's former colleagues from the local NYC FBI office and the U.S. attorney's office, retirees with bank accounts eagerly corroborated the rumors. and Shiny Object Journalism finally had what passes for glory days. I will safely bet there will be no vetting process.None. Just as there is no real investigation, no examination of the phenomena or immigrant caravans organized by Evangelicals with rubles in their pockets.

by Anonymousreply 165February 26, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote]In 1997, Donalds was arrested for marijuana distribution; the charges were dropped as part of a pre-trial diversion program. In 2000, he pleaded no contest to a felony bribery charge as part of a scheme to defraud a bank. His record was later sealed and expunged.

by Anonymousreply 166February 26, 2024 10:31 PM

R165, I think we know by now that Trump’s lock on his supporters is impervious to any media vetting.

by Anonymousreply 167February 26, 2024 10:32 PM

You're right, R167, but it was t he media that made him essentially bullet proof.

by Anonymousreply 168February 26, 2024 10:42 PM

One that most Republican pols know, and most decidedly Trump knows, is that many American voters are shallow-minded and interested only superficially in the world.

Thus, slogans and acronyms---especially if written on merchandise like hats, stickers, and T-shirts!---loom large with this group. Fast Idea, as bad for one's health as Fast Food, but a Happy Meal for millions nonetheless.

While I'm not suggesting that Democrats should pander to the low-hanging fruit of the electorate, the "poorly educated" whom Trump said he "loves," I do think our PR game needs vast improvement.

by Anonymousreply 169February 26, 2024 11:37 PM

⬆️⬆️ "One thing that...."

by Anonymousreply 170February 26, 2024 11:38 PM

Too many people don't appreciate the NATO alliance. Too many people don't see why we should be supporting Ukraine against a hostile invasion. It incenses me. And the media keeps saying "Gee what will Trump do if elected.Trump is playing it coy, not saying who he favors Russia or Ukraine." Yes. I actually saw that on CNN.. I Read it in the wire service feeds online. Can you believe that shit! and on Israel? Trump will shit all over Gaza. Or Israel. Depending on what Putin's plan is.

by Anonymousreply 171February 27, 2024 12:34 AM

[quote]And the media keeps saying "Gee what will Trump do if elected.Trump is playing it coy, not saying who he favors Russia or Ukraine." Yes. I actually saw that on CNN..

REALLY? WOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 172February 27, 2024 12:19 PM

Melanie said;

"Hire the colored!"

(Invoking a line from the film "Reversal of Fortune" when Andrea Reynolds (played wonderfully by Christine Baranski) tells Claus Von Bulow (played by Jeremy Irons) to "Hire the Jew".)

by Anonymousreply 173February 27, 2024 12:23 PM

[quote]Too many people don't appreciate the NATO alliance. Too many people don't see why we should be supporting Ukraine against a hostile invasion. It incenses me.

r171 I oppose more billions to Ukraine for exactly that reason. They're not a member of NATO. They've never been our ally. They've been part of Russia for most of the last thousand years. We're not the world's policeman. Maybe Kyiv should've thought about this when they snubbed their nose at NATO in 1991. Fuck 'em.

by Anonymousreply 174February 27, 2024 6:04 PM

^ Yes, let’s sit back & watch Putin re-create the old Soviet empire.

by Anonymousreply 175February 27, 2024 6:16 PM

Orange/Gummy 24’

by Anonymousreply 176February 27, 2024 6:20 PM

Liberal non support for the Ukraine just another positive example of trump+maga and progressives coming together in common cause..

I disagree with them both. But it’s sweet to see progressives and maga finding issues they can agree on. They are more alike than many of them let on.

by Anonymousreply 177February 27, 2024 6:49 PM

R174, you're a short-sighted moron.

If you oppose helping Ukraine resist the illegal, brutal, genocidal invasion by Russia, then you oppose U.S. Security in general, NATO security in general, and are just a strategic moron.

Seriously, you haven't thought through the consequences if Ukraine falls and Russia prevails, have you?

You would appease Hitler. You're the worst. You're a traitor to everything that is good and decent.

by Anonymousreply 178February 27, 2024 6:53 PM

I don't recall the "far leftists/progressives" on here complaining about the trillions of dollars spent in Iraq and Afghanistan. They oppose sending money to Ukraine because the Kremlin pushes out their propaganda on social media and a lot of people fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 179February 27, 2024 6:56 PM

Progressive and far right moment ...

Many years ago on a panel show the host asked why no one opposed Iraq war invasion at the time. A totally surreal moment ensued when Katrina van den Heuvel and Pat Buchanan high-fived each other exclaiming "We did!" (anti-war her, isolationist him).

by Anonymousreply 180February 27, 2024 11:21 PM

Pat Buchanan, Tucker Carlson & George Will were some of the conservatives I remember opposing the Iraq War.

by Anonymousreply 181February 27, 2024 11:29 PM

Katrina Vanden Heuvel is another Putin loving commie. Her husband is a Russian scholar, always saying how awful it is that the West gangs up on Putin.

by Anonymousreply 182February 27, 2024 11:39 PM

[quote]Pat Buchanan, Tucker Carlson & George Will were some of the conservatives I remember opposing the Iraq War.

George Will also opposes Trump.

by Anonymousreply 183February 27, 2024 11:42 PM

Progressives and leftists definitely opposed the Iraq War. The people who didn't were Democratic Senators and other politicians who were terrified that in the face of the all the 9/11 emotions they would be seen as disloyal for opposing Bush's adventures in the Middle East. That was a bad moment, and they were cowards, including Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden and John Kerry. Yes I know there is some fraudulent wiggle room about whether they were just giving Bush the "option" but you would have to be a complete moron not to know where all that was heading.

But the leftists outside of Democratic officialdom were definitely opposed to that war and were very vocal about it.

I do still think we are right to help Ukraine against Russia's landgrab, but I do acknowledge a number of leftists have been consistent in opposing both wars.

by Anonymousreply 184February 27, 2024 11:43 PM

R184, why is opposing both the Iraq War and assistance to Ukraine a matter of "consistency"? A knee-jerk pacifism doesn't have much to recommend it. An opposition to imperial, plutocratic invasions by any power, whether US or Russia, has a deeper and more thoughtful consistency.

by Anonymousreply 185February 27, 2024 11:48 PM

That is fair r185. I can see that. I would say in their minds (not mine really) it's consistent because in both cases the U.S. is meddling in shit we don't really understand and don't really have any business meddling in. But I can see what you say. You can definitely make that case.

I still reject this idea that the left all lined up to support the Iraq War and suddenly, because of Putin, they are all turning around and opposing Ukraine. That's just wildly out of step with the history.

by Anonymousreply 186February 27, 2024 11:55 PM

[quote] George Will also opposes Trump.

Someone who judgment deserves attention, if not always agreement.

by Anonymousreply 187February 27, 2024 11:57 PM

[quote]I still reject this idea that the left all lined up to support the Iraq War and suddenly, because of Putin, they are all turning around and opposing Ukraine. That's just wildly out of step with the history.

Yes. The posters saying that must be too young to remember the marches, rallies, vigils, etc. against the Iraq War—overwhelmingly attended by people on the left.

by Anonymousreply 188February 28, 2024 12:06 AM

My point was about the money being spent on Ukraine, which is what is being repeated on social media. Not necessarily about wars or foreign interventions. I was just making the point that they weren't screaming about the trillions wasted in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yes, I realize that's a generalization and not indicative of everyone opposing wars. Based on our track record with how these ideas get pushed out on SM, I'm skeptical of people's ability to think critically about helping Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 189February 28, 2024 12:09 AM

80% of the money being spent on Ukraine is going to United states factories. And their workers.

by Anonymousreply 190February 28, 2024 12:18 AM

That is always the funny thing about all this "military aid to other countries" r190. It really is generally money to ourselves on behalf of some foreign power, rather than actually giving money to this or that ally, really. Israel has its own defense industry, but still, I think a lot of our military aid to Israel is actually military aid to our own defense contractors.

by Anonymousreply 191February 28, 2024 12:22 AM

I knew Scott had been told he was on Trump's short-list for VP when they trotted out a woman for him to propose to.

by Anonymousreply 192February 28, 2024 12:23 AM

But r192, it's luuuuurrrrrvvvveeee!

by Anonymousreply 193February 28, 2024 12:25 AM

I'm just glad we aren't sending American soldiers over there to fight. And I don't think we have a lot of options with either Ukraine or Israel. Our strategic interest in supporting Israel have is in a real bind because of Netanyahu. I wish he'd have a CIA induced "heart attack." Oh, for the good old days! As for Ukraine. Our NATO allies need and want us involved with this. BTW: Mike Johnson is on Putin's payroll. Since 2018. Mary Trump has uncovered the information and she's blogging about it. Naming names of the oligarchs close to Putin who have been funding him.

by Anonymousreply 194February 28, 2024 12:30 AM

Our Defense industry is a very powerful lobby. Obviously they benefit from military conflicts, so I can't believe they wouldn't put extreme pressure on Johnson and the rest of the House tovote on this.If Johnson is resisting that pressure in favor of Trump and his Russians, he really is a complete traitor.

by Anonymousreply 195February 28, 2024 12:32 AM

That is interesting r194. I don't have a twitter account (or god help us a fucking X account). Is that where Mary Trump is covering that stuff, or somewhere else?

by Anonymousreply 196February 28, 2024 12:34 AM

r185, You are so naive. Biden and Clinton know war is big money and they wanted to get in on it. It has nothing to do with fearing the emotions of voters. It had everything to do with being corrupt neocons.

by Anonymousreply 197February 28, 2024 12:36 AM

I oppose Trump

by Anonymousreply 198February 28, 2024 12:40 AM

I have a feeling you meant me r197, and I disagree. I think they were politicians acting like scared politicians. Not everything comes down to money grubbing and bribes and donations, although I know some people really need it to. On some deep psychological level, some people need everything to be about money always. Sometimes, it really is about politicians acting like politicians.

by Anonymousreply 199February 28, 2024 12:40 AM

It's really very simple. Putin seeks the same two goals as Trump: Glory and Revenge. In Putin's case:

1. Restore the glory and pride of a unified Soviet empire, complete with Ukraine, the Baltic states, etc.

2. Conquer Germany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 28, 2024 12:52 AM

You guys. Rachel MAddow wrote an excellent book called Blowout about how everything is tied to minerals and energy. Russia is teetering on the brink of being a failed state. Their economy is very weak. Putin and his coterie of Oligarchs control everything. But it is also being depleted. That's why he is branching out into Africa now and has been in the Middle East since the late 60's. It's why he invaded Afghanistan. Oil, gas, minerals are how he and his buddies became billionaires. For many many decades the Ukraine was the bread basket, the wealthiest region. It fed Europe. It is still prosperous.. And Putin wants it back. We have to understand that Putin runs the show like he is the Tsar and the working stiffs are his serfs. He has no desire to build a stable nation. He is totally in it for himself. And he has a large group of oligarchs he has made wealthy, who act on his behalf. Sometimes someone falls out a window or gets fatal indigestion. But they are all loyal. Putin encroaching on our NATO allies, and moving against other European nations is definitely his plan. He wants to destroy NATO and he can't do it unless he weakens the United States. So he has bought off politicians, and media types, and he has set up his troll factories and disinformation operations and he is implementing his agenda. And we are helping him. MAGAs Proud Boys, and lots of stupid people who inadvertently get manipulated to act in his interests without ever realizing it.

by Anonymousreply 201February 28, 2024 2:36 AM

Asshole r200, I'm over here!

by Anonymousreply 202February 28, 2024 2:36 AM

Here is the article from Mary Trump's substack. It's excellent and she has the specifics. I think she's very courageous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 28, 2024 3:13 AM

R202, ?????

by Anonymousreply 204February 28, 2024 3:27 AM

We've managed to destroy nearly 50% of Russia's military might without a single one of our soldiers dying and for a pittance equivalent to something like 5% of our military budget.

You idiots realize that we're basically sending them our hand-me-downs and things that were about to expire, right? And that over half the money "spent on Ukraine" stays right here in the U.S., creating jobs here, right?

Or are you all so fucking stupid you think we're just madly printing palettes of cash and shipping them to Ukraine for them to burn for warmth? Fucking morons.

I have ZERO respect for anyone objecting to supporting, funding, and supplying Ukraine in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 205February 28, 2024 3:30 AM

r200, Conquer Germany? Get a map.

by Anonymousreply 206February 28, 2024 4:17 AM

r178 What about 65 years of American failed military adventures don't you understand?

Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan - we always lose. Vietnam is the biggest farce of them all. Our government killed 50,000 of our own and hundred of thousands of Vietnamese, for what? So both Trump and Biden could stay at the Hanoi Hilton making trade deals with those "evil commies" who we could "never" let run Vietnam?

Russia is no threat to us. VP Biden was in Kyiv in 2010 and 2013 stirring shit in Ukraine. Russia held back not invading until 2022. We completely provoked that Russian invasion of Ukraine. If not for U.S. meddling there would never have been a war.

by Anonymousreply 207February 28, 2024 7:04 AM

Trump needs to choose Lindsey. She’s with him extensively. The spark there keeps its fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208February 28, 2024 7:07 AM

^ Now that's interesting, R208...

by Anonymousreply 209February 28, 2024 10:02 AM

[quote]If you disagree do so with naming someone you think will bring in more votes for trump.

I disagree because it's SUBURBAN WOMEN who are hurting Trump's chances the most. Everyone agrees on that.

So who are suburban women most likely to like as a VP? I don't think it's uber-anti abortion Scott who comes across as inauthentic (it's a running joke that he has only got a girlfriend now). I think a more female-friendly woman like Noem or Stefanik would be more palatable.

by Anonymousreply 210February 28, 2024 10:47 AM

More like the shortbus list.

by Anonymousreply 211February 28, 2024 10:53 AM

I don't think that Noem would ever get it. Yes, she has the attractiveness that would matter to Trump, but her risk is that she would overshadow Trump (like Palin did with John McCain) and that is something that would be completely unacceptable. Stefanik "could" possibly be a choice except would her skin be thick enough to take the onslaught of insults by Trump about her looks.

by Anonymousreply 212February 28, 2024 10:55 AM

I kind of hope that Trump is stupid enough to pick Scott as VP. There isn't a lot of evidence that the VP pick matters at all much but I think that Palin did lessen McCain in voters' minds.. I would feel a lot better about Biden's chances if Scott was the VP compared to someone like Noem.

by Anonymousreply 213February 28, 2024 11:11 AM

[quote]Russia is no threat to us.

Hold that thought when China invades Taiwan.

by Anonymousreply 214February 28, 2024 11:50 AM

R213

Scott is a conservative but he dies not have the rep of being a mean maga type. The most common term used for Scott is nice.

I would hope that trump does pick a hard core maga type who comes off as a hard core maga type. It’s not just woman trump needs its those gop who lean more moderate less hard right. I’d be more happy if trump picked noem or another fiery mouth breathing hard right.

Scott may not be moderate but he looks and sounds more moderate. He sounds——nice as so many articles have pointed out about him.

Scott and his nice will appeal to a lot of people

Let’s hope it’s not him.

by Anonymousreply 215February 28, 2024 11:51 AM

The most common term used for Scott is GAY

by Anonymousreply 216February 28, 2024 11:54 AM

[quote] Scott is a conservative but he dies not have the rep of being a mean maga type.

The MAGA stank is on him now and if he's Trump's running mate he'll be the same as Mike Pence: a mild-mannered rightwinger joined at the hip to an extremist.

by Anonymousreply 217February 28, 2024 11:57 AM

Byron Donalds is looking more like Trump's VP choice.

by Anonymousreply 218February 28, 2024 12:33 PM

^ Yes, that way Trump Donalds is on the bumper sticker. It's great marketing, he loves sneakers and he has his name.

Scott is such a wimp. He's standing there and the GOPig says " Yeah, he's on the list but No one cares about the VP anyway, they don't really do anything" And the audience goes wild. Heil Hitler

by Anonymousreply 219February 28, 2024 1:00 PM

Interestingly, here's an article by Ron Filipkowski about why he thinks Trump will pick Stefanik. It is pretty convincing aside from that she's a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 28, 2024 1:04 PM

[quote]Russia is no threat to us.

What kind of delusional assertion is this? Russia is one of the biggest threats to us that there is.

by Anonymousreply 221February 28, 2024 2:35 PM

It's amazing how everything R207 says is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 222February 28, 2024 2:36 PM

Russia is a huge threat to our global economy, and most especially, to the Environment. THey are also a threat to democracy. Globally. The Extreme Right is an international movement, not specific to what is happening politically in America.

by Anonymousreply 223February 28, 2024 2:51 PM

There is nothing that would make Putin happier than to totally destroy America 🇺🇸. And European Democracies a close second.

It behooves me why he doesn’t put this massive energy into building up Russia instead.

by Anonymousreply 224February 28, 2024 4:24 PM

"Behooves"? Are you sure that's right?

by Anonymousreply 225February 28, 2024 4:29 PM

Behooves as better suited? That’s the way I’ve heard it used. But I would say it’s close but no cigar.

by Anonymousreply 226February 28, 2024 4:34 PM

^Oops, wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 227February 28, 2024 4:38 PM

“Behooves” is tricky. Smarter people use it with ease. I secretly worship them.

by Anonymousreply 228February 28, 2024 4:45 PM

It behooves you to do so, r228.

by Anonymousreply 229February 28, 2024 4:48 PM

What's with all of the behoovers on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 230February 28, 2024 4:56 PM

Neigh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 28, 2024 4:59 PM

Weakening America has been a #1 priority of Russia's ever since the 50's. They became much more open and aggressive about it in the 60's.

by Anonymousreply 232February 28, 2024 5:24 PM

So, when he tries to hang Tim Scott, it will be more acceptable in his addled mind?

by Anonymousreply 233February 28, 2024 5:42 PM

^ It will just come about much more be so much naturally for his people.

by Anonymousreply 234February 28, 2024 5:45 PM

Trump wants fat, dumpy Ozempic candidate Stefanik, as House Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 235February 28, 2024 5:50 PM

^ I need to do a better job proofreading after editing my posts!

by Anonymousreply 236February 28, 2024 5:50 PM

^^^ guh fuk yasef

by Anonymousreply 237February 28, 2024 5:53 PM

Oh, GOOD ONE, R233! It took me a minute, but...

by Anonymousreply 238February 28, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote] I would feel a lot better about Biden's chances if Scott was the VP compared to someone like Noem.

r213 Haha. Yes, Noem would add to Trump's ticket. Scott lacks charisma. I mean he's a rather homely black man. And even white fools see through the asskissing.

by Anonymousreply 239February 29, 2024 7:13 AM

8 years later there doesn't seem to be the rabid adulation for Turd anymore. They politely sit and endurehis same sonnets of butthurt, victimization and revenge. They don't want him- they NEED him.

by Anonymousreply 240February 29, 2024 8:38 AM

[quote] I mean he's a rather homely black man. And even white fools see through the asskissing.

AGREED! Now, when even the white folks are calling you an Uncle Tom... Well.... (SMH)

Were I related to him I would be so ashamed of that relation and of him.

by Anonymousreply 241February 29, 2024 11:03 AM

Aside from the fringe types, the cultists who attend his rallies, I think a lot of people go just to say they saw him in person. He's their idea of an important celebrity, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 242February 29, 2024 12:59 PM

I don't think Stefanik has a snowball's chance in hell of being his VP. If he chooses a woman it will be someone who is nearly invisible not outspoken, or it will be someone he is very comfortable with and trusts, like the Huckabeast. A smart move would be to choose a Latino. Choosing Pence was for the religious Right. A Latino would satisfy the Evangelicals, and bring in more Latino voters.

by Anonymousreply 243February 29, 2024 1:02 PM

What's Betsy De Vos doing these days? Maybe he will sell the VP spot to who every has the $$$ to pay for it. THink about that. It would be a very Trumpian thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 244February 29, 2024 1:04 PM

^Yep... that would definitely be keeping in character and true to form.

by Anonymousreply 245February 29, 2024 1:13 PM

I don't think it would be a woman. Imagine... given the attack upon women's rights in this country all of the vitriol such a woman would face for the rest of her life from women.

by Anonymousreply 246February 29, 2024 1:15 PM

R246 but if you believe, as Betsy De Vos does, that the Christians are taking over and restoring the country to God, then you don't care what people think. Erik Prince her brother would love it, and honestly, who ever he chooses will be "this close" to actually becoming POTUS, because neither Trump nor Biden would serve out their term.

by Anonymousreply 247February 29, 2024 1:19 PM

Main thing we need to focus on is The House. We cannot afford to let the Republicans have a majority in the House. Because if anything should happen to the POTUS and the VP, the Speaker is next in line. And if the election should end up in the House do you want Mike and the gang to decide who won?

by Anonymousreply 248February 29, 2024 1:20 PM

It behooves me, as a retired English teacher, to inform r224 that his usage of "behooves" is incorrect.

"Behooves" is always accompanied by "to [do something]."

by Anonymousreply 249February 29, 2024 2:13 PM

Thank you, R249.

by Anonymousreply 250February 29, 2024 3:07 PM

[quote] A Latino would satisfy the Evangelicals, and bring in more Latino voters.

r243 How would a Latino satisfy the Evangelicals? Most Latinos are Catholic. And Evangelicals tend to be white and right wing.

by Anonymousreply 251February 29, 2024 3:43 PM

r251, Look at the S Ct and all the extremist Catholics.

Evangelicals have been using Catholics as stooges ever since the Kennedy debate about taking orders from the Pope.

by Anonymousreply 252February 29, 2024 6:04 PM

R252

Hogwash.

by Anonymousreply 253February 29, 2024 6:18 PM

R248, wouldn’t the current House composition govern on 2024 presidential election issues?

by Anonymousreply 254February 29, 2024 7:20 PM

r254, Not if the issues are brought after 1/3 2024, and 1/6 is after 1/3...

by Anonymousreply 255February 29, 2024 7:34 PM

If there is an EC tie, R255, the CURRENT House will break it.

by Anonymousreply 256February 29, 2024 7:53 PM

I was surprised to discover via a special report from NPR some years ago, that Latinos were turning to the Evangelical churches, especially in places like Texas I had always assumed 98% of Latinos were Catholics. This is no longer true. Today it looks more like 48%. And the Evangelicals claim nearly 20% of Latinos. Now what is significant about this is that they influence other non evangelicals and so there's a spin off effect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257February 29, 2024 8:08 PM

A considerable number of Latinos are now Jehovah Witnesses. Plenty are Pentecostal.

by Anonymousreply 258February 29, 2024 10:07 PM

r253 Yeah, 1928 Smith lost because he was Catholic. Interesting how strong is the WASP hold on power in the U.S. And we've only ever had one Catholic President.

by Anonymousreply 259March 1, 2024 12:20 AM

Biden is Catholic. So, two Catholics PResidents.

by Anonymousreply 260March 1, 2024 12:25 AM

r260 My bad. You're right. It's good that it's not even controversial anymore. Now we need an openly atheist President. Obama was a stealth atheist. But he had to pander to the black church.

by Anonymousreply 261March 1, 2024 3:03 AM

We've probably had more than one "stealth atheist" President too.

by Anonymousreply 262March 1, 2024 3:06 AM

I suspect a lot of politicians are stealth atheists. This article from several years back explains quite well why many of them will never come out as atheists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 1, 2024 4:17 AM

Will Tim Scott's "engagement" be over if he doesn't get selected as the vp candidate?

by Anonymousreply 264March 1, 2024 5:24 AM

R262, I really don’t see Trump as a believer.

by Anonymousreply 265March 1, 2024 5:58 AM

Ronald Reagan Jr., 65 y.o., is an atheist activist who advocates for the separation of church & state. He’s a political commentator.

by Anonymousreply 266March 1, 2024 9:49 AM

^ Skipper's not a junior.

by Anonymousreply 267March 1, 2024 10:48 AM

Junior Skipper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268March 1, 2024 1:38 PM

Exactly, r265. Trump is too much the narcissist to view any, and I mean any, beings or Being above himself!

"Only I can fix it." "I am your justice." "I am your retribution."

"I am being indicted for you."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269March 1, 2024 10:41 PM

If anything should happen to my dad, there's only one person who should be his VP No one can do a better job of being President Trump, than.....another President Trump!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 270March 2, 2024 9:44 PM

^ or picks Kimberly Guilfoyle.

by Anonymousreply 271March 3, 2024 10:14 AM

Trump may pick Kellyanne Conway. She’s seeking to be picked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 3, 2024 7:25 PM

Agree with r28

by Anonymousreply 273March 3, 2024 7:31 PM

R272 She is scum. If he chooses her she adds nothing to the ticket. She doesn't even have a constituency. She must be bringing something to the table and the only thing I can think of is $$$$. Does she have access to Koch money??? Because Donnie has the Rubles locked up.

by Anonymousreply 274March 3, 2024 7:35 PM

Who’s the 2nd 🥈 most evil person in the United States?

by Anonymousreply 275March 3, 2024 7:39 PM

R274 Kellyanne, and Bannon too in the past, have gotten much $$$$$$ from Robert & Rebekah Mercer.

Supposedly the father-daughter duo don’t plan to help finance Trump ‘24 campaign.

by Anonymousreply 276March 3, 2024 7:43 PM

The Kochs have announced the’ll stop funding Nikki Haley, and focus on funding GQP House members, Senators , Governors, state AGs, etc. They always do this. Kochs are not fond Trump. He has defied them prior.

by Anonymousreply 277March 3, 2024 7:49 PM

So will it be a tree instead of gallows the next time around? - Mike Pence

by Anonymousreply 278March 3, 2024 8:22 PM

R277, Kochs were responsible for getting Pence on the ticket. They signed off. Then, the political director of the Koch organization had his own office in the White House as one of Trump's chief advisors. For them it isn't about who they "like" it's about who will carry out their policies. They will indulge

by Anonymousreply 279March 3, 2024 8:26 PM

"I just love you!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280March 3, 2024 8:31 PM

I love women, just not Nikki Haley. Don’t ask, no one does but they want to.

by Anonymousreply 281March 3, 2024 8:37 PM

Miss Lindsey has Trump’s VP running mate decided.

[quote] He (Lindsey) is confident in South Carolina’s Tim Scott to serve as Trump’s running mate. “I’ve had a lot of conversations with President Trump about Tim Scott, somebody ready to be president on day one,” said Senator Graham. “President Trump wants make sure his vice presidential pick could be president if they had to step into the job and I think there’s no doubt that Tim Scott is ready to be President of the United States.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 5, 2024 7:55 PM

Mark Halperin, who has good sources in the Trump campaign, was just on POTUS saying the three names he's hearing most from the campaign are Ben Carson, JD Vance & Doug Burgum.

by Anonymousreply 283March 6, 2024 2:31 PM

R283

Let’s all hope you are correct with those 3 names. Because nothing says ready to govern to the American public as potus than names like Ben Carson and JD Vance and some nobody from ND.

R282

And let’s hope 282 is wrong. Even if that means I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 284March 6, 2024 2:40 PM

I was impressed by Burgum. We could do far worse than him as Vice President completing the term of a dead/incapacitated President Trump.

by Anonymousreply 285March 6, 2024 3:21 PM

R284, Halperin did say that Scott would make his top five of Trump’s possible picks. He didn’t expressly say this, but I believe Katie Britt would round out the top five. Halperin talked about Britt giving the Republican response to the State of the Union & how her performance could affect her chances.

by Anonymousreply 286March 6, 2024 3:26 PM

What’s Tim Scott going to do as the Trump VP?

Say: “yesum master, whatever you want”. Then, Scott will go back to tending to his deputy butler duties.

by Anonymousreply 287March 6, 2024 3:50 PM

VP talk is a waste of time, judging from the last time Trump was in office he will higher ALL of the A-Holes on the right and put them in some position of power of some sort. Only after they kiss his ring of course. No independent thinkers allowed. He's f-ed up enough to make Don Jr his VP.

by Anonymousreply 288March 7, 2024 5:28 AM

Trump destroyed Mike Pence’s future in politics. He promoted the “hang Mike Pence” initiatives pertaining to the insurrection. Whoever takes the VP role with Trump better hope Trump expires soon after the inauguration. That’s what all the GQP VP aspirants are thinking.

by Anonymousreply 289March 7, 2024 8:59 AM

R289 = Karen Pence.

by Anonymousreply 290March 7, 2024 11:29 AM

Deplorables have spoken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291March 7, 2024 12:26 PM

And I am telling you....It's gonna be Nikki Haley. Seriously. Trump is calling for "Unity." The Koch organization and others invested heavily in Haley for a reason. She's not going...away.

by Anonymousreply 292March 7, 2024 5:17 PM

Haley is going the way of Kinzinger and Cheney and wil support Republicans for Biden.

Republican women/ the Suburbs will flock to the Democrats. But they won't tell their husbands.

by Anonymousreply 293March 7, 2024 6:16 PM

[quote] Haley is going the way of Kinzinger and Cheney and wil support Republicans for Biden.

At best, she'll be running a third-party campaign. She will not be joining forces with the likes of Kinzinger, Cheney & hopefully, Romney.

by Anonymousreply 294March 7, 2024 6:37 PM

[quote]Tim Scott, somebody ready to be president on day one,” said Senator Graham.

Tim Scott is a ridiculous buffoon. Zero ability to be President ever, let alone on day one.

by Anonymousreply 295March 7, 2024 6:41 PM

Haley , Secretary of Transportation, in the Biden admin. It’s a job anyone can do :-)

by Anonymousreply 296March 7, 2024 6:48 PM

Miss Lyin’ Cancun Cruz. She wants it badly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297March 7, 2024 7:11 PM

[quote] some nobody from ND.

That sounds exactly like who Trump would pick. He doesn’t want to be overshadowed by a pretty woman, a black man, or a politically ambitious man or woman. Vance and Stefanik are very ambitious.

But is Burgum richer than Trump? Because Trump won’t stand for that. It might not matter if Musk pays Trumo’s fines and lawyer fees…then Trump will at least *feel* richer than Burgum, even if he’s not.

by Anonymousreply 298March 7, 2024 7:20 PM

Burgum is a throwback Republican. I have trouble believing Trump would pick him.

by Anonymousreply 299March 7, 2024 8:24 PM

Haley is a practical opportunist. She knows she has no where to go in politics unless she stays in the Republican Party. I will bet you any amount you want that her top backers are already negotiating with Trump. And he will agree to take her ...if the price is right. He responds to $$$$. What does Scott or any of the others bring to the table? Tell me who is going to give him money which everyone claims he really needs, and get him voters as well? Because her voters are torn between supporting Biden, staying home, or supporting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 300March 7, 2024 8:41 PM

I think Trump is too petty to ever take Haley on as VP. He can't handle anyone who doesn't think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread or will be subservient.

by Anonymousreply 301March 7, 2024 8:45 PM

r296, Haley , Secretary of Transportation, in the Biden admin. It’s a job anyone can do :-)

HAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 302March 7, 2024 8:58 PM

R301, you're right, but this is different. Right now Trump is literally fighting for his life. He is facing financial ruin in his businesses. He is not raising the money he needs...that he siphons off the campaign to pay his legal bills. And his base is shrinking. He may not admit it but he knows this. And the people who are running his campaign know it. THis is not 2016. If he can access $$$$ by taking Haley he'll do it.

by Anonymousreply 303March 7, 2024 9:01 PM

I think he's still too petty. It's a personality flaw but he has it. Besides, why not take Ron DeSantis who has even more money?

by Anonymousreply 304March 7, 2024 9:27 PM

I can't believe Ben Carson's name has been floated, but I hope he picks him. I want to see him falling asleep in the middle of a speech about how Biden is too old and feeble for the job.

by Anonymousreply 305March 7, 2024 9:35 PM

What about me??? Am I still in the running?

by Anonymousreply 306March 7, 2024 9:38 PM

I can't believe it either. I still remember Ben Carson's claims that the Egyptian pyramids were constructed by the biblical Joseph to store huge quantities of grain. WTF.. anyone who has actually been to the pyramids would know that this physically cannot be true when they are solid aside from a few narrow tunnels.

But crazy is the law of MAGA...

by Anonymousreply 307March 7, 2024 9:39 PM

Is this what Sinema was waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 308March 7, 2024 9:40 PM

Sinema craves attention, but doesn’t like giving away interviews.

by Anonymousreply 309March 7, 2024 11:29 PM

no “away” ^

by Anonymousreply 310March 7, 2024 11:32 PM

Ramaswamy is not bad at all He is sharp and clever and eloquent.

by Anonymousreply 311March 7, 2024 11:42 PM

Ramaswamy is manic and extreme.

Funny how we see such different things.

by Anonymousreply 312March 7, 2024 11:47 PM

Not a chance he would pick someone in a chair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313March 8, 2024 1:12 AM

Probably going to pick Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 314March 8, 2024 2:56 AM

Maybe Trump will go for the dumb and dumber approach?

There are Marsha Blackburn and Tommy Tuberville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315March 8, 2024 7:51 AM

Trump, more than anything, wants money. And he wants the PResidency so he can shield himself from prosecution. That is all he cares about. He will let the lunatics and the extremists take over if he can satisfy those two concerns. So his choice for VP is going to be motivated by those two things. Who can generate money and who can help propel him into the White House. So as the official Broken Record on this thread I will say it again. Haley, Haley, Haley. Now. Haley will do a cost benefit analysis. If she gets herself on the ticket, will it hurt her or harm her in the future?

by Anonymousreply 316March 8, 2024 2:05 PM

Please remove Katie Britt from this list. Than you.

by Anonymousreply 317March 8, 2024 2:09 PM

That does make sense, r316, but I think he's just so easily overwhelmed by his stupid emotions and stupid grievances. I suspect he just won't be able to overcome the "betrayal" of daring to run against him and not dropping out when he ordered her to. I do think he'll pick a woman, but I suspect it'll be some dutiful little acolyte. And in his addled mind, women voters just want to see a woman and won't much care which one.

But I guess we'll see soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 318March 8, 2024 2:32 PM

Haley can do more campaigning for him. She has the stamina he lacks. Personally I pray she refuses to be on his ticket. She will never endorse Biden. If I were advising her, I would tell her to endorse Trump, and do a few campaign appearances for him and call it even. She will keep her standing within the party for the future. I would not encourage her to be on his ticket, unless I saw a clear path to the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 319March 8, 2024 2:38 PM

I don’t see Haley ever being with Trump. She really trashed him and got under his skin,

Tim Scott fills the role of sycophantic bootlicker to a T.

by Anonymousreply 320March 8, 2024 2:42 PM

Stating that selecting Tim Scott will win Trump all the black votes is like stating that selecting Tim Scott or Lindseybelle will win Trump all the gay votes: this is ludicrous. It doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 321March 8, 2024 2:42 PM

Lindzebelle wouldn’t let Herschel Walker get any sleep when he was running for a senate seat from Georgia. She was with him night and day. She doesn’t get anyone votes other than their opponents.

by Anonymousreply 322March 8, 2024 2:53 PM

Madison Cawthorn still shows for the Mar-a-Lago parties and some Trump campaign events.

I can’t see him getting elected to Congress again. Maybe he just likes upscale MAGA parties and Trump is very accepting of him.

by Anonymousreply 323March 8, 2024 3:04 PM

It has to be a white male total asslicking syncophant. There. Now make your selections.

J.D Vance would be a possibility if he wasn't have him on tape disparaging Turd over and over years ago. I guess they could blame it on AI trickery.

by Anonymousreply 324March 8, 2024 3:05 PM

R321

Are you a troll? No one absolutely no one has ever said that Scott would win “all” the blacks vote for Trump. That is not even good trolling or lying or humor.

“Some ‘ black votes would be more honest and less troll like. But to say as some have that it will result in “no” additional black votes for Trump is equally stupid.

This election could turn into a good old ass kicking beat down.. But if it is close every vote will be important.

by Anonymousreply 325March 8, 2024 3:07 PM

Trump may view JD Vance and Josh Hawley as too ambitious.

by Anonymousreply 326March 8, 2024 3:09 PM

No—it will be someone who has the implied blessing of the Republican $ people who have held back so far. He will need huge amounts of cash to advertise—it’s a weak spot for now. It won’t be Haley, of course, but the person has to be palatable to those who were funding that sort of candidate. Someone who can pass their test AND the Trump test….thats more like Noem or similar.

by Anonymousreply 327March 8, 2024 3:30 PM

[quote] Madison Cawthorn still shows for the Mar-a-Lago parties and some Trump campaign events. I can’t see him getting elected to Congress again. Maybe he just likes upscale MAGA parties and Trump is very accepting of him.

A Secretary of Transportation in Trump 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 328March 8, 2024 3:44 PM

Always ask what would they bring to the campaign? Now, J.D. Vance would not be a bad idea because Ohio is important. However, many polls indicate people in Ohio do not like that fucking phony. But the other thing is, I think Sherrod Brown is running for re-election in Ohio, and putting Vance on the ticket might help defeat Brown.

by Anonymousreply 329March 8, 2024 4:20 PM

Vance is useless. Trump will not lose Ohio in any scenario.

by Anonymousreply 330March 8, 2024 4:29 PM

Get the Neanderthal vote. MTG will do that.

by Anonymousreply 331March 8, 2024 4:45 PM

What a tableau Trump & MTG would present. I'm imagining SOTUs with those two in our faces.

by Anonymousreply 332March 8, 2024 5:21 PM

Oh, god with stupid bitch Marge in the background wearing ALL the merch r332

by Anonymousreply 333March 8, 2024 5:28 PM

“The sad part of it is, Mitch McConnell knows full well that the president was guilty of a crime on Jan. 6. So for him to know how bad the president’s predecessor was on all of this, and then come to the conclusion that he would endorse him when we thought he was going to convict him — the word was, he was close to conviction, and now he’s endorsing — it’s really very, very sad.”

by Anonymousreply 334March 8, 2024 5:45 PM

Mitch is retreating into the one position he can support; he supports Republican power in fucking up the process.

He doesn't care that Trump is a criminal.

He doesn't care what the states do after the reversal of roe.

He just fucks up the process.

by Anonymousreply 335March 8, 2024 6:33 PM

My top picks are

Nikki Haley

The Huckabeast

Kelly Anne Conway

by Anonymousreply 336March 8, 2024 9:46 PM

He will choose Melania so they can lay in the bed together. Melania don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 337March 8, 2024 11:02 PM

Sorry meant he will choose Lara Trump. Melania doesn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 338March 8, 2024 11:03 PM

He needs to pick Miss Lindzebelle. She’ll do whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 339March 8, 2024 11:52 PM

Lara Trump co-chair of the RNC and handling the finances. Geez, what could go wrong there?

This will end up being a criminal investigation with very angry donors.

Oh wait, if its a criminal investigation, Merrick Garland will sit on it.

by Anonymousreply 340March 8, 2024 11:59 PM

R339 Lady Lindsey is an old lush. Trump hates drunks, like his older brother Fred.

by Anonymousreply 341March 9, 2024 12:34 AM

Fred was a drunk because he understood he was a man with a soul in a family of soulless, blood sucking vulture capitalists.

It is the reason their dad moved on to sociopath Donnie. It is a pity Fred Jr was driven to drink.

by Anonymousreply 342March 9, 2024 12:40 AM

“My guess, again everyone is guessing, would be Ben Carson,” they said. “A well-qualified candidate who seems happy to keep the spotlight on Trump.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 10, 2024 11:06 PM

R203 Except it was Johnson who pushed the Ukraine bill through...

by Anonymousreply 344June 11, 2024 12:50 AM

Trump—Tuberville

Dumb and Dumber

Anti-military Full abortion bans Anti-LGBT Pro-Putin etc.

by Anonymousreply 345June 11, 2024 1:15 PM

Chuck Todd thinks it will be Burgum.

by Anonymousreply 346June 12, 2024 2:23 PM

The case for & against the presumed frontrunners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 15, 2024 12:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!