Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Speak No Evil (2022)

A spoiler thread about the film.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2024 1:25 PM

SPOILERS AHEAD...

Great film, don't read these before seeing. :)

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2024 11:03 PM

A movie as only Europe, the Uk or Australia could give us. Most Americans love gore like The Evil Dead, Freddie or Halloween. I think they are garbage. They don’t care if someone gets stabbed in the eyeball, that’s horror to them SNE is good enough to watch over again…after the second time I realized how dumb Bjorn and Louise were and deserved their fate…at least get up and run ya dumb fucks

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2024 11:56 PM

It was just chilling to me that the couple just stood there and took it. Why didn’t they try to fight back? I’d like to see them do another movie.

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2024 10:39 PM

It’s so creepy to me because you know there’s people like that in the world. What they did to the children were heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2024 10:40 PM

My understanding of why they didn’t fight back more was because they felt it was futile. They both did fight to some degree. Bjorn was repeatedly punched in the face in the car and Louise tried her best to hold on to her daughter. In the end, when they were standing naked in the road, I felt they had given up and realized it was a hopeless situation. Just my guess of course.

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2024 10:52 PM

They are remaking it, r3. It's in pretty good hands.

It frustrated me as well but I don't know how they would have fought back except for maybe trying to dodge the rocks and hide somewhere in the pit.

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2024 11:48 PM

Watching it now and getting pissed the little girl is whining about her fucking toy.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2024 8:58 PM

Just watched it, Very unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2024 10:14 PM

So the vegetarian wife ate the little boy's tongue, right?

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2024 12:41 PM

More spoilers please! Because I don’t actually want to watch this film but I want to gear about it. I’ve read comparisons to Haneke’s Funny Games (1997). How do they compare?

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2024 1:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!