Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Six-time Olympic gold medalist Chris Hoy reveals cancer diagnosis

Hoy is one of Great Britain’s most successful ever Olympians, dominating in the track cycling arena.

Hoy, 47, posted a statement on Instagram revealing he is undergoing chemotherapy after receiving his diagnosis last year, something he says “came as a huge shock, having had no symptoms up to that point.”

“My heart goes out to the many others who are also going through similar challenges right now,” he wrote. “I’m optimistic, positive and surrounded by love for which I’m truly grateful. As you might imagine, the last few months have been incredibly difficult.

“However, I currently feel fine – I am continuing to work, ride my bike and live my life as normal. It’s an exciting year of work ahead, not least with the Paris Olympics in July. I can’t wait to get stuck in, have fun and share it with you all.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2024 12:44 AM

He made his Olympic debut at the Sydney Summer Games in 2000, winning his first Olympic medal with a silver in the men’s team sprint event.

Hoy’s first gold came four years later in Athens as he finished first in the men’s 1,000m time trial.

In Beijing in 2008, Hoy was at the peak of his powers, winning three gold medals across the three separate disciplines.

And he cemented his legacy as one of the greats of the sport on home soil at the London 2012 Games when he won two further golds in the keirin and team sprint.

Upon his retirement in 2013, he was Team GB’s most successful ever Olympian with six gold medals. That mark has since been passed by Jason Kenny with seven.

by Anonymousreply 1February 17, 2024 1:22 PM

We herd u the furst tyme

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2024 12:41 AM

What kind of cancer?

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2024 12:43 AM

He has terminal prostate cancer.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2024 12:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!