Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Lopez’s $20 Million Gamble: Why the Superstar Spent Her Own Money to Tell Her Ben Affleck Love Story

Is JLo insane?

[quote]Lopez and Fonda then talked directly, in a conversation that is included in Lopez’s new documentary, “The Greatest Love Story Never Told,” one component of a self-financed $20 million three-part multimedia project examining Lopez’s life as a serial romantic. “I want you to know that I don’t entirely know why, but I feel invested in you and Ben, and I really want this to work,” Fonda says in the documentary, speaking for much of the universe. “However, this is my concern. Like, it feels too much like you’re trying to prove something instead of just living it. You know, every other photograph is the two of you kissing and the two of you hugging.”

[quote]On screen, Lopez laughs. “That’s just us living our life,” she says.

[quote]Fonda eventually agreed to be in the musical film. In the doc, Fonda expresses another universal worry. It was shortly after photos emerged of Affleck looking bored or cranky with Lopez at the Grammys in March 2023. “I got real scared, you know, with all that shit about the Grammys and he looks unhappy and I’m like, ‘Oh, my God, what’s happening?’”

[quote]Lopez reassures her. “Nothing! He was like, ‘I’ve become the symbol of the beleaguered man.

[quote]The first time Lopez was in love with Affleck, the crush of cameras took him away from her, leading her into multiple baffling relationships. This time, Lopez is turning the tables and seems intent on sharing every shred of their love while Affleck grudgingly follows along. (In the documentary, Affleck says, “Things that are private I always felt are sacred and special because, in part, they’re private.” He then delivers an understatement: “So this was something of an adjustment for me.”)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2024 2:00 AM

*sigh*

Some people just can't age gracefully, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2024 6:29 PM

So phoney.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2024 6:32 PM

This might be a camp event for the ages:

Someone then brings Lopez a laptop, and she says that what she’s about to show me will be embargoed until just before the project’s release. It’s a cut of “This Is Me … Now: A Love Story.” She pushes play.

I don’t want to spoil things for you. But joining Fonda and Trevor Noah in a partly animated musical journey through many of the songs on “This Is Me … Now” are Post Malone, Sofia Vergara, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Keke Palmer and a few other famous randos. They’re all on that Zodiac love council examining Lopez’s romantic foibles. There is a special appearance by guru to the stars Sadhguru, which, according to the documentary, added $200,000 to the film’s budget. Affleck plays a wizened TV commentator.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2024 6:32 PM

She still thinks it is 2003 when she and Ben were a hot topic.

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2024 6:34 PM

[quote] Is JLo insane?

OP, have you heard her sing?

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2024 6:36 PM

I cannot wait for Gigli, Part 2!

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2024 6:37 PM

They are no Taylor and Travis.

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2024 6:40 PM

Jesus Christ, take your millions and begone, woman!

I'm sick of hearing about you and seeing you trying to be so sexy all the time. You're starting to smell of desperation and look like the attention-starving Britney Jean Spears.

Can't you just be happy already and stop shoving your not-very-talented self down our throats???

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2024 6:44 PM

[quote] I cannot wait for Gigli, Part 2!

Gobble, gobble!

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2024 6:46 PM

We close with my expressing some skepticism that this is going to be the final chapter of the J. Lo love chronicles. Romance has been her jam for so long. She tells me it’s different this time.

“It’s funny,” she says. “It’s like, ‘OK, so now I’m in a healthier, more loving, good relationship. I’ve gotten to this place where I feel more whole, to be more present in a relationship. But what is that like? I get to live that, and that’s even more challenging than the last 20 years.”

Before saying goodbye, Lopez wants to clarify that one thing has not changed. “Don’t make a mistake,” she says. “I’m still going to be sexy.”

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2024 6:52 PM

Estupido! Can't you see the glory and power of our LOVE STORY? It's epic, no one has ever loved like this before! Behold my flat stomach, extra-long weave and the adoration radiating from us? Of course you cannot understand the depth of our devotion. Now you will see. Now you will know that you will never know a great love like ours! That silly other Jennifer doesn't even exist in the same universe as our love. Bennifer is Immortal!

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2024 6:54 PM

Watch for Affleck to divorce her in 2-3 years:

Lopez then invited musicians over to the house, and, for inspiration, showed them a stash of letters Affleck had written her, which he’d titled “The Greatest Love Story Never Told.” In the documentary, Affleck comes into the room and seems taken aback when he sees his letters being bandied about. He says to the camera, “I did really find the beauty and the poetry and the irony in the fact that it’s the greatest love story never told. If you’re making a record about it, that seems kind of like telling it

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2024 6:58 PM

J Lo is going to be one of those celebrity's who constantly promise to retire and then never ends up doing that. And then throws a farewell concert every 10 years. All to get more attention.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2024 7:01 PM

JLo is 54 years old (that she admits to). What is she going to look like in 15 or 20 years? Will Ben with the roving dick be with her then?

Doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2024 7:10 PM

She needs to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2024 7:17 PM

$20 million? Wasn't J-Lo having financial difficulties not all that long ago?

Is this actually Ben's $20 million?

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2024 7:42 PM

It's harder to age when a huge part of your brand depends on being sexy. This is of course the problem Madonna has been having for decades.

It helps that (as someone posted above) J-Lo has tried to brand herself on "romance" (which is more timeless) as she has on sexiness, but then she keeps trying to sell her personal life and she marries these highly visible men who have terrible substance abuse problems. All her relationships seem doomed to fail.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2024 7:48 PM

Why did Fonda sink so low?

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2024 8:26 PM

What does celebrity possess?

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2024 8:47 PM

It sounds like Ben was hurt by her trying to satisfy her unending need for attention in publicizing something that he wanted to keep private and between him.

Although he's a bit of an attention ho himself (see also: Dunkin' commercials).

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2024 8:51 PM

"speaking for much of the universe"

Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2024 8:57 PM

She's a narcissist and that never ends well.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2024 8:58 PM

They're both narcisssists, it's a good thing that they're "together" if only to keep them from victimizing normal people.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote]Although he's a bit of an attention ho himself (see also: Dunkin' commercials).

He's admitted he was addicted to the press attention during the "Bennifer" thing two decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2024 9:09 PM

Awwww poor JLo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2024 5:29 PM

R25, it's karma for this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2024 5:31 PM

Once they start lying on the ground to get their pictures taken from the air, they know they're old as hell.

by Anonymousreply 27March 29, 2024 6:00 PM

You just know that eventually when entertainment projects can no longer draw any attention to her, she's going to go the armed standoff with police route. Jenny from the Block® WILL NOT be ignored!

by Anonymousreply 28March 29, 2024 6:29 PM

You can tell from the Variety piece it was gonna be a dog. But Jen put on her Swarovski blinders and forged on. Everyone told her: Are you fucking crazy?! It's just hard to feel sorry for her. Martians pick up her desperation flares from outer space. And that rapist Benny Medina urging her on: "I'll let you buttfuck Ben if you help me greenlight this turkey."

by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2024 6:57 PM

R29, let's hope this is J Lo's Sex book and knocks her down two or three notches.

by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote] Is JLo insane?

Is the sky blue? Is it a day that ends in Y?

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2024 8:13 PM

She's gonna feel like an idiot when Ben leaves her for a stripper that gave him a lap-dance.

by Anonymousreply 32March 30, 2024 12:00 AM

[quote] Lopez then invited musicians over to the house

Wow. The most have been a shock for the house to see an actual musician.

by Anonymousreply 33March 30, 2024 12:12 AM

It would be funny if Ben left her for Jane.

by Anonymousreply 34March 30, 2024 12:38 AM

Now we know why Ben has to get Dunkin Donut money

by Anonymousreply 35March 30, 2024 12:59 AM

How is it Jennifer Lopez is worth $400 million and Ben is only worth $140 million? He is the recipient of two Academy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, two BAFTA Awards, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards. JLo is a nominee for the Teen Choice Award and the recipient of a fiery STD courtesy of Puff Diddler.

by Anonymousreply 36March 30, 2024 1:05 AM

I’ll be the outlier here…I enjoyed her musical movie! It was campy and entertaining and the songs were catchy. Not the greatest move business-wise though obviously, bc she had been saturating social media already for a while with her various brand deals, the talk of this album, and the paparazzi shots of her and Ben. The better way to do it would have been to lay very low after they reunited, not give any advance press about the album coming, then drop it all (including the movie) as a surprise so people would be intrigued by the reveal instead of feeling like they’ve heard too much already.

by Anonymousreply 37March 30, 2024 1:17 AM

J Lo wasted 20 mill of her own money to make a vanity companion movie to her flop album that has failed to ignite what will surely be a flop tour. And when her and Ben break up a year or two down the road, that home movie will find its truth worth from media folk using clips of Bennifer before and after the bust up...

by Anonymousreply 38March 30, 2024 1:25 AM

It must be weird for Ben to be banging a post-menopausal, narcissistic, no-talent loser like JLo.

She hates herself, like all narcissists. And she’s addicted to attention.

He could’ve still been with de Armas, who still has vital eggs and doesn’t appear to be disordered. She’s counting her lucky stars she didn’t end up in that Cluster B hell.

Decisions have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 39March 30, 2024 1:36 AM

Ben always gets the rap for being an addictive personality, and no doubt it’s true, but this woman is doing the same song and dance she has done every single time at this stage of her marriages. The script always includes a nod backward at the number of times she’s been ecstatic, like now, and the assertion that, oh, but this time it’s Different! And Better!

She doesn’t seem to be able to learn that “sexy” is how she gets ‘em and that never for one single second thinking about anything but herself and how she’s coming off to viewers is how she loses ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 40March 30, 2024 1:37 AM

You would think that Jane Fonda, of all people, could sniff out a desperate narcissist like JLo.

Maybe she is as dumb as people say.

by Anonymousreply 41March 30, 2024 1:40 AM

Does genZ know much about Jenny from the block? Her rags to riches story of going from Fly girl on In Living Color to getting the Selena movie?

What has she been in lately? Was she in love with Marc Anthony? How can she go 20 years from Ben then back to Ben? Will she go back to Marc?

The way she was talking about how she still has her booty was infantile.

by Anonymousreply 42March 30, 2024 1:49 AM

r36, I guess royalties from music is more profitable than backend/points in films? She's had other ventures in cosmetics and shoes/clothing, licensing is where the money is.

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2024 3:08 PM

"royalties.....are"

by Anonymousreply 44March 31, 2024 3:08 PM

[quote] How is it Jennifer Lopez is worth $400 million and Ben is only worth $140 million?

The music industry has always been more lucrative than film. And, technically, she’s in the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 45March 31, 2024 7:40 PM

I find anybody who obsesses about their relationship publicly really sad and pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2024 7:50 PM

R36 She has earned a massive amount from her 25 fragrances. They might not be that popular now, but Glow was a huge bestseller and she kept up the momentum for years with different flankers. She's easily made more than 200 million just on fragrances.

by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2024 9:14 PM

Don't forget about her discontinued clothing line from Kohl's!

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2024 10:19 PM

One of her rich friends told her that she pays her assistant $90K a year and Lopez told her "They are only worth $55K at most."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 31, 2024 10:55 PM

R50 well her pie in the sky vanity movie video album bombed so she got her karma

by Anonymousreply 50March 31, 2024 11:49 PM

JLo and Ben never stopped hooking up. I don't know if it was a "Same Time Next Year" thing or what but they supposedly continued to see each other on the side for all these years.

by Anonymousreply 51April 6, 2024 6:44 AM

Late stage capitalism is a trip, y'all.

by Anonymousreply 52April 6, 2024 7:07 AM

Massive self funded vanity project. The young messy WeHo Yaas Kween Slay Gays who talk in faux Southern accents and imitate sassy African-American women eat that insufferable narcissistic diva shit up.

They LOVE LOVE LOVE the likes of Madonna, Mariah, J. Lo, Taylor, Ariana and Beyonce. Makes me sick. At least the "older" generations had much more taste and were more restrained.

Those prissy little nympho Gen Z twinks will never fully know the shit we went through or how many of had to die for the very freedom and acceptance they take for granted.

Apologies for my psychotic late night rant.

by Anonymousreply 53April 6, 2024 7:36 AM

JLo seems to have the maturity of a 14 year old

by Anonymousreply 54April 6, 2024 10:21 PM

Cunty low talent wench

by Anonymousreply 55April 6, 2024 11:20 PM

I see a destination vow renewal extravaganza in the next year or so because she is addicted to being a bride (and attention).

by Anonymousreply 56April 6, 2024 11:34 PM

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 57April 6, 2024 11:50 PM

Do I smell a Nobel?

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2024 12:14 AM

She is living out a fantasy and wanted in on film. This marriage will not last but she will hang on for dear life.

by Anonymousreply 59April 7, 2024 12:27 AM

14 years old? Yep that's about right. It's like Mimi without the singing ability.

by Anonymousreply 60April 7, 2024 2:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!