Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Austin Butler is latest victim of “Stop Making Sense Suit” trend

It’s a shame because if the slacks were just loose enough like 1940s pants but not baggy at the ankle, this would have been a really great look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2024 2:10 PM

It's a refreshing change from tight, short, and skinny everything

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2024 2:01 PM

No it’s not. It looks like kids in a trench coat.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2024 3:08 PM

Does no one know how to hem a pair of trousers now? I see this everywhere. If it’s a trend it’s a dumb one.

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2024 12:11 AM

As my sister-in-law would say…fashion victim.

The clothes are wearing him, instead of…

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2024 12:14 AM

His face reminds me of Ru Paul's with those fierce lips.

by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2024 12:18 AM

He looks ridiculous dressed like that.

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2024 12:24 AM

Fashion today looks like random stuff pulled together off the racks at Goodwill.

by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2024 12:30 AM

Fashion victim Years from now, people will critique this photo the way we critique baby blue disco tux from the 1970s

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2024 12:48 AM

Is he pregnant by Bradley Cooper and trying to hide the baby bulge until after awards season?

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2024 12:50 AM

Slim cut pants and tailored jackets will still be worn and look thoroughly contemporary.

Guys spend too much time and effort in the gym to then cover everything with yards and yards of cloth.

We're in an era now where different styles can live together.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2024 1:07 AM

who cares cause when I take them off and his legs are in the air they look the same, right?

by Anonymousreply 11February 20, 2024 2:29 AM

I like it.

I like that designers are making efforts to move away from the 300 year-old men’s suit.

Men’s fashion is so boring, I can’t hate when designers are trying to experiment.

And it’s not like they’re putting him in dresses either, it’s still masculine

by Anonymousreply 12February 20, 2024 2:35 AM

R4, it's okay for you to say it. Your sister-in-law didn't coin that phrase.

by Anonymousreply 13February 20, 2024 3:51 AM

Back in da day when you wanted to be an A-lister, you had to use the casting couch. These days you have to wear androgynous clothing and have a feminine face like the K-pop bands and Timothy Holand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 20, 2024 12:56 PM

Who is Timothy Holand?

by Anonymousreply 15February 20, 2024 2:00 PM

R15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 20, 2024 2:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!