Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Superbowl fix?

I'll admit I don't understand the sport but it just seemed odd that the KCC had a surge and scored enough to win that late in the game. All this while Swift is dating some player for the team and lots of shots of her squealing and jumping in her box. A little to PR and coincidental. Everyone in the room was shocked. Also, that half time show sucked.

Can some sports savvy person run this down for me?

by Anonymousreply 26February 12, 2024 4:39 PM

OP the Super Bowl has been fixed only so far as Taylor Swift having made an exceptional calculation on what she needed to do to increase her fame, influence and wealth.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2024 12:31 PM

Well, it all started in the basement of a pizza parlor owned secretly by Hillary Clinton. . .

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2024 12:32 PM

I'm serious R2. I know some poster did say something along the lines of a fix in some thread a few days ago. SF was so far ahead. Fixed or some real sneaky strategy in the 2nd half?

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2024 12:42 PM

It was Antifa, BLM and the Deep State!

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2024 12:46 PM

After the 49ers had taken the lead with under a min to play, the defensive coordinator made the same mistake that many do by playing a soft zone coverage, which means that they allowed the Chiefs to complete wide open passes underneath in an attempt to force them to run out the clock and not get a big play. However, this allowed the Chiefs to virtually walk down the field and into field goal range, tying the game. They did a little of the same thing after they had taken the lead in the overtime and it totally backfired, resulting in the winning td. Also, SF would have won the game had the extra point been kicked, but the kicker missed. In all, SF had many opportunities to win, but they didn't take advantage of them, and they lost. It's pretty simple.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2024 12:47 PM

R5 is exactly right. SF was trying g to prevent a touchdown, they were ok with a tie, they figured they’d win the game in OT. Watching Brock Purdu yesterday, he’s not an elite QB, he’s barely a good one. He. Issued a wide-open receiver for a touchdown that any wood qb would have made. Had the Niners had a good QB they would have won.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2024 12:54 PM

"Can some sports savvy person run this down for me?"

Yeah: you're nuts. As if any team, let alone San Francisco would tank to accommodate Taylor Swift.

You don't sound like someone who buys into MAGA madness but you're singing their song if you're peddling conspiracy theories.

OTOH, you were right about the halftime show.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2024 12:55 PM

R7, I was half joking but I really don't understand football.

Who were the other people besides Usher? No one at the soiree I attended had a clue.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2024 1:23 PM

Actually i just saw this article and maybe OP is on to something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2024 1:48 PM

[quote] SF was so far ahead.

As I recall, their biggest lead was ten points. That’s not much.

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2024 1:51 PM

Shanahan blew it. I guess he is a Biden supporter, eh MAGAts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2024 1:55 PM

I am stunned that the team who has been in the last 4 out of 5 Superbowls, won last year, and had a damn good season won the Superbowl against the team that has struggled for years. Just shocking, and there must be something afoul. The celebrity girlfriend of one of the star players is a witch! Burn her at the stake!

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2024 1:59 PM

[quote]SF would have won the game had the extra point been kicked, but the kicker missed.

It was blocked.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2024 2:02 PM

See R12, I didn't know that. This is why I started the thread. I really don't follow sports.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2024 2:11 PM

You don’t have to “follow sports” to know that when you put the two most successful teams in competition, the lead can change hands without requiring a Deep State conspiracy to fix the most closely watched sporting event in the country.

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2024 2:17 PM

Morning Joe and Pablo Torre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2024 2:22 PM

Two of KC's Superbowl wins were against 2nd year quarterbacks (Burrow and Purdy) and they struggled to win both (each ended with a 3-point victory.) They're not as great as everyone is saying today.

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2024 2:31 PM

Everything is a consippansee

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2024 2:49 PM

[quote]Two of KC's Superbowl wins were against 2nd year quarterbacks (Burrow and Purdy) and they struggled to win both (each ended with a 3-point victory.)

In what city are the trophies residing? That's all anyone needs to know.

by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2024 2:56 PM

Yes, there was a conspiracy to have Nancy Pelosi Queen of shoot- up and shit -on the -street San Francisco be the winner of America's Cup and be center of attention instead of Wonderbread's favorite, Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 20February 12, 2024 3:00 PM

The 49ers tried hard to win and they lost. Their fans find it easier to go to anger than to sadness. Nothing they dream up as an excuse for losing will ever have facts to support it. It’s a game in which anything can happen from balls taking bad bounces to fumbles that turn into scoring opportunities to people deciding it was actually possible to write that game script and for everyone out there to follow it, which is everything from stupid to absurd to ridiculous. The Chiefs played well and they were lucky. Again.

by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2024 3:04 PM

R17, that’s pretty funny. They also beat two of the top NFL QBs—Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen—on the road to get to the Super Bowl. I’m not really a KC fan, but you can only beat the team in front of you and they beat all of them.

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2024 3:04 PM

My bad. Burrow lost to the Rams. Still don't like KC.

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2024 3:16 PM

It started on Epstein Island where Bill Clinton was diddling a six-year-old Taylor Swift. He told her if she swallowed he would make her a billionaire and make sure after a string of bad relationships she would date an NFL Player and make sure he won the super bowl.

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2024 3:33 PM

I like Kyle Shanahan but he's not the sharpest tack. Having the first possession in overtime where both teams are guaranteed possession is the wrong move, pure and simple. If you have it second you know what you're up against, whether you NEED that touchdown, not a field goal, and if you need to go for that extra point. Kyle said 'they did the analytics' (I don't think so, it's a new rule so there aren't any analytics) and he was focused on the 'third possession' which of course didn't happen. If KC had won the coin toss they would have chose to receive.

No fix.

by Anonymousreply 25February 12, 2024 3:33 PM

*KC would have punted, not received*

by Anonymousreply 26February 12, 2024 4:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!