Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHERE'S MY AMAZON PACKAGE?

For the third time in a year Amazon says a package was delivered and it wasn't. They're making me wait 24 hours for a replacement. Driver noted it was signed for by doorman but the doorman (who is reliable) says nothing was dropped off. Anyone else have this problem?

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2024 4:16 AM

They always take a pic when they deliver OP. Ask for it and the doorman's signature.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2024 12:20 PM

It's not Amazon, it's likely UPS or FedEx. They've gotten REALLY bad about noting packages as delivered but not actually dropping them off until the next day. I don't know if it's the drivers doing shady shit to make it look like they've completed their scheduled deliveries, or some kind of trick the delivery companies are playing to keep make their metrics look like they're on-time with deliveries, but it's happening to us a lot here in the Northeast, it's happening to my BFF down south and it's likely what's happening to you. Probably not Amazon's fault. Sorry OP. It's irritating as all fuck, I know.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2024 12:21 PM

Came to say what R2 said. Was happening for me even 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2024 12:37 PM

R1. I asked Customer Service and they said the driver doesn't take a pic when they hand the package to someone. As far as signature goes it just says DOORMAN. No name. Which means the driver probably signed it himself. So frustrating. Several times packages for my building have been dropped off at the building across the street by mistake.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2024 12:38 PM

Sorry to hear that OP. That sux. I must admit I recently had an experience with buying a few gifts for a friend from Amazon and the delivery days changed constantly. I got the Amazon updates and made a joke to my friend that the packages were coming on MonTuesWedThursFriSatSunday. It was UPS who delivered the packages. Some were days late. I didn't have anything to do with Amazon. Hope you get your replacement packages soon.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2024 12:45 PM

*It didn't have anything to do with Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2024 12:45 PM

It's a mixed bag for me:

For months I was getting text messages saying that my package had been delivered by being handed over to my doorman -- except that I don't have a doorman. And by doorman they didn't mean neighbor either.

The past year has been much better. Two or three of the delivery guys are very good and super pleasant. I usually go down the stairs to meet them as they are coming up and they appreciate that; and they know the neighbors who will be happy to sign for the package if I'm not there.

I don't order many things from Amazon because of I order 6 odd things each marked "delivery within 24 hours" it will arrive at 5 separate parcels at 5 different times.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2024 12:56 PM

Happened once last year with their Lasership. I put a challenge in to AmEx. Amex refused to remove the charge saying the proof of delivery was valid to them…I’ve not ordered from Amazon since then.

It was clear that delivery guy got lazy and never dropped it off.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2024 1:45 PM

You can pick it up yourself from locker. It's better

by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2024 1:53 PM

IN NYC, most of these clowns from Amazon look as though they were recruited at Penn Station. They openly smoke weed, drink out of paper bags, and are never off their phones.

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2024 2:19 PM

We are talking about faked deliveries to a doorman building. A locker is irrelevant to the particular conversation.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2024 2:20 PM

The Commercial: clean EV delivery vans cruising quickly through suburban roads.

The Reality: a bunch of Gen Z subcontractors working in the gritty street with boxes dumped off the back of a rental truck, for them to cart by hand down the sidewalks of Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2024 2:23 PM

Sometimes Amazon uses USPS for all or part of the shipping process. When they do, the package will be tracked as delivered when it hasnt arrived in the mailbox..it usually catches up about a day later.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2024 2:24 PM

Yesterday I was delivered an empty box. It was sealed, but obviously empty and no one along the process noticed this? Amazon is sending me a replacement, but really?

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2024 2:29 PM

R10 Just described lots of DLers.

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2024 4:19 PM

OP here. So, today I received replacements for all six items. Guess what else I got? The original 'lost' package which, according to Amazon, had been delivered on Sunday and signed for by 'Doorman'. The original box was halfway open, crushed and some of the products inside were damaged. It looked like someone bashed in the box with a baseball bat. Whatever. Happy I got my stuff. But I'm not happy with Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2024 2:00 AM

Thanks for the update R16! Glad you got your stuff. Weird about the beaten up box. The dildos must have been traffic cone sized if no-one wanted to steal them...

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2024 3:08 AM

I always get stuff delivered to my office since I live in a non-doorman building. More than once in the last year the lazy morons Amazon hires have left the packages by the freight elevator on the ground floor of the building - too lazy to ride the elevator a few floors. they say “left in mailroom” - it’s a building full of small companies - there is no mailroom. They even take a picture of it on the floor - more than one package has been stolen. I’ve gotten. refunds and stopped ordering from Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2024 3:24 AM

R17. Lol

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2024 3:50 AM

My trailer is in a field and has no known address, but they still sent me a bowel movement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2024 4:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!