Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which is the best country for assisted suicide?

I just want to go inside the clinic and say "hello, can you please kill me?" and then die. Does someone have experience and knows which clinic kills you the fastest? Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2024 5:31 AM

What state do you live in?

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2024 9:56 AM

Belgium

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2024 10:00 AM

Switzerland. But the boredom might get you first.

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2024 10:09 AM

What a sad topic. It’s more worthwhile to be loving towards others than self destructive. It’s heartbreaking that no worth can be found for these people and “compassion” only in the business of wiping someone out.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2024 10:26 AM

Why not go for somewhere you can get murdered easily? Same thing really and you can even be remembered as a martyr.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2024 10:34 AM

[quote]What a sad topic. It’s more worthwhile to be loving towards others than self destructive. It’s heartbreaking that no worth can be found for these people and “compassion” only in the business of wiping someone out.

I dare you to come back and say that when you're terminally ill, in pain all the time and subject to humiliation like not being able to do anything for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2024 10:40 AM

R5 The Jungle?

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2024 10:40 AM

R5 Walking around hoping to be murdered is a fool's errand but 'suicide by cop' is a thing. Get a gun and wave it about, threaten to shoot people up (do NOT shoot anyone, however) and the cops will probably do it for you.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2024 10:55 AM

Contact Death With Dignity, Debs.

But you already knew that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2024 11:21 AM

OP the US is. A short wait depending on your state and then you can be gone. Suicide by Second Amendment if someone is actually serious and not just looking for a thread topic .

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2024 11:33 AM

And slightly off topic

Why is it that when the state does an assisted killing we often get stories of terrible suffering and several tries and lots of unplesant suffering?

And they seem to be looking for more humane ways to admin assisted killings if for no other reason than to stop these terrible stories of suffering.

I wonder if assisted suicide in countries that offer it is as pleasant as we are Jed to believe.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2024 11:46 AM

[quote]Why is it that when the state does an assisted killing we often get stories of terrible suffering and several tries and lots of unpleasant suffering?

Do you mean death row prisoner executions R11?

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2024 11:49 AM

R12

Yes

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2024 11:51 AM

So you're talking about death row executions: of course, there's a big campaign to abolish that so they're going to hype up all potential/unknown negative effects of methods. (Do not necessarily believe the propaganda.) However, I can't see most of the methods being much worse or better than a 'natural' death which has more chance of being painful, humiliating and drawn-out.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2024 11:53 AM

R13/R11 - assisted suicide and the death penalty are two incredibly different things. I don't support the death penalty but I do support having the choice to take up assisted suicide if a person wants to for whatever reason. That's our choice not the choice of controlling religions. I live in a country where there is legal assisted suicide and I would seriously consider it if I were diagnosed with dementia or a terminal illness which became too much to live with. It's good to have the choice if it's ever needed.

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2024 12:01 PM

And your stuff? What of it?

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote] OP the US is. A short wait depending on your state and then you can be gone. Suicide by Second Amendment if someone is actually serious and not just looking for a thread topic .

What if you don’t want to leave a mess for some poor person to stumble upon?

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2024 12:06 PM

The Death by Dignity law is very limited. You must be diagnosed as terminal and expected to die naturally within 6 months. It’s really only meant to be for people in a lot of physical pain.

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2024 12:10 PM

R18

A walk in the woods and a call to 911. Police and fire deal with this kind of mess all the time.

by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2024 12:45 PM

Why do you ask? Are you terminally ill? The world is cruel, OP. If you court death she will come. Do you have weapons? Please do not harm yourself.

by Anonymousreply 20February 12, 2024 1:33 PM

I know enough about plants and what to use, then I have a stockpile of narcotics to push it along.

by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2024 4:52 PM

Not only that in Oregon, R18. It takes ***three*** doctors independent of one another to each conclude that you have only six months to live and, when it comes to it, you must be able to administer the fatal dose to yourself. No one else can do it for you.

But once you meet those criteria, there you go.

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2024 5:07 PM

I just want to empathize.

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2024 5:30 PM

R23

If you can’t it’s because you spend too much time in the gym working out and with good results. I read it on DL so it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2024 6:11 PM

R22, wow. I had no idea. Thanks for the information.

I just found out someone I knew took his own life. very sad.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2024 7:28 AM

R8 I hope you were joking but just in case that not: that's an asshole move. The shooter has to live all his life afterwards in the knowledge to have killed another human being. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2024 10:27 AM

[quote]Does someone have experience

What a silly, silly question.

by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2024 10:32 AM

Obviously Switzerland if you're in Europe. You can even go alone if you're able to and you don't have to live there first.

In the US, assisted dying is legal in the following states but you do have to be a resident.

California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Montana, Maine, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington.

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2024 10:35 AM

The best serial killers always are ready to travel, OP.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2024 12:34 PM

I would do it in Switzerland. But what do they do with the body afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2024 4:43 PM

I say we take up a collection and send Elon and Donald on a trip to Switzerland to show how much we think of them.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2024 8:56 PM

just put a bullet through your head or suck on a tailpipe, OP

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2024 10:04 PM

Troll

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2024 10:41 PM

R26 You can leave a note that says JK.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2024 10:43 PM

[quote]But once you meet those criteria, there you go.

It’ll take 6 months just for them to decide if you meet the criteria r22! I’d leave a note for after I died, thanks for nothing assholes.

by Anonymousreply 35July 24, 2024 7:11 PM

Russia or N Korea, just insult the leader

China talk about Tiananmen Square 1989.

by Anonymousreply 36July 24, 2024 9:53 PM

US, apply black face if you aren't already black and draw a firearm on a cop.. Lay on a roof top near a Trump rally,

by Anonymousreply 37July 24, 2024 9:56 PM

That "suicide pod" looks inviting

by Anonymousreply 38July 24, 2024 10:00 PM

Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 39July 25, 2024 1:19 AM

A good way to get gone? There are many. The reality is that people that don’t care deserve to be punished with your presence simply because they are assholes. We live in a world where physically disabled people are congratulated for dying rather than admired for persisting against all odds. A guy I previously liked posted something about an autistic person that had a good job, he posted that the person had Down’s syndrome and banned the person from a group of 1000. Same guy who calls himself an “compassionate leader” also mocked the person in this manner- he asked everyone if they were going to a social gathering and then banned the person he hated in front of all of them. He subsequently asked the same person “how is your mother?” about a person whose mom almost bled out from a stomach tumor who said she was staying as logical as possible about it. And he then mocked the person for being arrogant by saying “do you think you’re superior to everyone else?”

That’s really the pinnacle of pointless bitchery

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2024 5:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!