Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DON HENLEY - didn't a teen die at his house

but he called the police at least?

by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2024 5:49 PM

I like The Eagles, but Henley and Glenn Frey were some assholes

by Anonymousreply 1February 11, 2024 11:05 PM

really? say more r1

by Anonymousreply 2February 11, 2024 11:06 PM

Oh yeah that girl he killed. Yes. His dirty laundry.

by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2024 11:10 PM

r2 they bullied other bandmates, I watched the History Of The Eagles and it showed Henley and Frey to be jerks

by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2024 11:14 PM

I watched History of the Eagles (it's actually 2 parts, IIRC). It's pretty fascinating.

Frey and Henley were basically, the partners in the law firm and the rest were either associates or contract players.

Joe Walsh had to sober up or get fired. So, Walsh sobered up and is happy being a contract player.

I can kind of understand why Frey and Henley felt entitled to more $$$. They were more disciplined about the business part of the band. They just both had such horrible personalities.

I liked it when Don Felder was in the band and would do guitar duos with Walsh. Alas, those days are over.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2024 12:50 AM

Yep, he's a predator

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2024 1:08 AM

Henley and Frey were truly shitty human beings that treated the other band members as hired musicians even though they were were founding members. Randy Meisner was the best singer of the group but there was a lot of pettiness toward him and they treated him like second class member, which is why he quit.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2024 1:28 AM

On November 21, 1980, a 911 call from Henley's home led the L.A. Fire Department to find a naked 16-year-old prostitute who had OD'ed on cocaine. Henley later entered a plea of no contest to the misdemeanor charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and received two years' probation. He denied knowing how old she was, insisted he never had sexual contact with her, and all but blamed his roadies for her ingestion of drugs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2024 1:57 AM

A teen died in his house, but his baby died in my ~*uterus*~.

by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2024 2:18 AM

I watched the Eagles doc. I don't think Frey came off that badly. Henley seemed snotty.

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2024 11:03 PM

r10 bless your heart! They’re all cunts, especially Henley and Frey.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2024 11:31 PM

Henley was throwing a “Goodbye to the Eagles” party at his house with a bunch of the band’s road crew. He called up a madam who sent a couple of teenage girls over. One or both of them ended up taking/being given drugs. One of the girls OD’d, an ambulance came, and they took her to a hospital where they were able to save her. Nobody died.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2024 1:09 AM

r8 Thank you for the link since OP was too much of an idiot to include one.

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2024 1:10 AM

At least Frey had a big cock.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2024 2:09 AM

Randy Meisner led a sad life.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2024 12:17 AM

Accidents happen.

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2024 12:25 AM

Randy Meisner had my favorite Eagles solo hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2024 12:52 AM

The eagles sucked.

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2024 1:27 AM

R18 No they didn't, they made a lot of good music that still stands up today. The two main members sucked.

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2024 1:33 AM

R19: It was unimaginative trash back in the 70s. The least talented of the laurel Canyon types.

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2024 2:10 AM

I would’ve been all over Stephen Stills in Laurel Canyon.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2024 2:28 AM

I remember as a young gayling driving through stone canyon and Laurel canyon endlessly in my friends VW, just smoking weed.

Then he would drop me off at UCLA for a class. Those were the fucking daze my friend

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2024 2:41 AM

Don Henley was cute in the 1970s and hit a wall real fast.

by Anonymousreply 23February 14, 2024 5:17 PM

R22, tell us another story please! You sound fun and I suspect you had a beautiful time in your youth. Was the Canyon as hippie as we’re told? Was it 100% hippies? Did you party in any of the homes there? Any celebrity sightings?

by Anonymousreply 24February 14, 2024 5:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!