Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cillian Murphy serving cunt at the DGA

This is what it looks like when you have the Oscar sewn up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 14, 2024 12:42 PM

Tig Notaro cleans up nicely.

by Anonymousreply 1February 11, 2024 3:30 PM

Cork's finest šŸ‡®šŸ‡ŖšŸ€šŸ†

by Anonymousreply 2February 11, 2024 3:31 PM

What an odd looking man.

by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2024 3:31 PM

Giamatti will be winning, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2024 3:32 PM

Reminder of how terrified he was at the Oppenheimer premiere

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2024 3:33 PM

The mojo for Cillian to win is gone. Heā€™s too recessive and not a good campaigner.

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 3:34 PM

Just oddā€¦.

by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2024 3:36 PM

R6: It's all about the campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2024 3:37 PM

Resting Cunt Face

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2024 3:37 PM

No thanks, I have had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2024 3:38 PM

I love how people assume The Holdovers will somehow pull off surprise wins despite being a box office turkey.

ā€œThe Holdoversā€ is ā€œNebraskaā€. It has grossed the same amount of money as ā€œNebraska.ā€ It has almost the exact same nominations as ā€œNebraskaā€ which was in a better position because it got Director plus Cinematography. Bruce Dern did not win for ā€œNebraska.ā€ The nomination was his award.

The only people who keep insisting it will be Giametti are IMO real old Boomers for whom Christopher Nolan is too contemporary. Some of them probably even think Steven Spielberg is too contemporary.

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2024 3:50 PM

He looks like if David Byrne got fillers at a drag queen party

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2024 3:53 PM

Have cummerbunds gone out of fashion?

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 3:55 PM

I don't like looking at Giamatti, he is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2024 3:59 PM

I hope he loses!

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2024 4:01 PM

Heā€™s actually smiling in that picture!

He is an off-the-beaten path attractive guy. Seems shy and unassuming.

Still like him.

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2024 4:02 PM

Spielberg is a Boomer hero.

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2024 4:05 PM

[quote] What an odd looking man.

What, precisely, do you find odd looking about him (not that I disagree).

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2024 4:05 PM

R11 What are you on about? Giamatti is 56, Nolan is 53. Both are Gen X.

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2024 4:10 PM

He has very feminine looking features - prominent cheekbones, full lips - and his eyes, although a beautiful blue, are large and round, which makes him look a bit menacing.

His overall look is that of a wealthy middle-aged Beverly Hills wife. None of his features on their own would be considered unattractive, but put together, he becomes off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2024 4:10 PM

Didnā€™t he play a transgender person in a movie?

He must have made a beautiful girl.

What was that movie?

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2024 4:10 PM

Breakfast on Pluto, R21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2024 4:13 PM

Thanks, R22. Might have a look at it soon.

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 4:15 PM

More Breakfast on Pluto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 4:19 PM

Like a young Vivien Leigh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2024 4:20 PM

Sultry minx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 4:21 PM

He looks better as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 4:38 PM

The DGA photo reminds me of the cuntserving photo Judith Light took after winning her first Emmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2024 4:56 PM

I dont usually suggest this, but maybe he should consider transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 7:42 PM

He looks like a ventriloquist dummy come to life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 11, 2024 9:39 PM

Giamatti has taken the lead. Sorry, OP.

by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2024 9:51 PM

Agreed R30! Like Howdy Doody was playing Jay Gatsby.

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2024 9:54 PM

R31 how is it in the world where Gold Derby has meaning or relevance?

You do understand that Gold Derby is not how Hollywood works right?

The Holdovers is not loved. It will win exactly one Oscar, Supporting Actress. Screenplay is more likely to go to Celine Song, who just won the DGA first film; or Justine Triet & cowriter for Anatomy of a Fall, which got the Best Director nomination. Paul Giamatti could not get a best actor nomination for SIDEWAYS! He is not loved!

There is only one horse race among the acting nominations, and thatā€™s Lead Actress.

The Holdover is a well-made formula picture. The formula has been used over and over again. A Thousand Clowns (Martin Balsalm, Supporting Actor). Paper Moon (Tatum Oā€™Neal, Supporting Actress). The Paper Chase (John Houseman, Supporting Actor.) Good Will Hunting (Robin Williams, Supporting Actor.) Whiplash (JK Simmons, Supporting Actor.) Notice a trend?

No one is going to give Lead Actor to a formula film thatā€™s recycled every ten years. Richard Dreyfuss did not win for Mr Hollandā€™s Opus. And that film was a hit. The Oscar went to Nicolas Cage. Leaving Las Vegas was SERIOUS acting. Oscar almost always goes for SERIOUS over sentimental in Lead. Sentimental is for Supporting Only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2024 11:01 PM

[quote] The only people who keep insisting it will be Giametti are IMO real old Boomers for whom Christopher Nolan is too contemporary. Some of them probably even think Steven Spielberg is too contemporary.

Oh, Mary R11, sorry it chaps your cunt that Murphy won't be winning, but live with it--and douche that sand out of your vadge!

by Anonymousreply 34February 12, 2024 11:30 PM

Are you sure this dude isn't transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2024 2:30 AM

Ew, Iā€™m glad I ate before the function.

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2024 2:31 AM

R21, I thought you meant "The Danish Girl," because I had been about to say that Cillian is the Irish version of Eddie Redmayne, in that they're both oddly unattractive gingers who many people seem to think are good-looking. To me they're equally unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 37February 13, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote] Are you sure this dude isn't transitioning?

Why do you ask?

by Anonymousreply 38February 13, 2024 2:49 AM

[quote] They're both oddly unattractive gingers

Cillian is ginger? In almost every pic I've seen of him he appears to have naturally dark brown hair.

by Anonymousreply 39February 13, 2024 2:50 AM

Redmayne is sorry looking. You cannot compare him to Cillian, no way, no how.

by Anonymousreply 40February 13, 2024 2:50 AM

Next up for Cillian: brown contact lenses and the lead in "The Janeane Garofalo Story."

by Anonymousreply 41February 13, 2024 2:58 AM

At the risk of being buried in MARYs, I have to say that when I saw Cillian for the first time something inside me came to a full stop for the first time in my life.

If Iā€™d had to translate the sensation into words theyā€™d have been, ā€œThatā€™s it. Thatā€™s the face Iā€™ve been looking for all my life.ā€

by Anonymousreply 42February 13, 2024 2:59 AM

[quote] Thatā€™s the face Iā€™ve been looking for all my life.

R42, as in that's the face you want for yourself or the face you want in someone else?

by Anonymousreply 43February 13, 2024 3:03 AM

While I found him (and most of the cast) to be one note in ā€˜Oppenheimerā€™, heā€™s certainly talented. Isnā€™t it odd that heā€™s having this huge career boost and spotlight at such a late stage of his career? Heā€™s almost 50. Nolan, who comes across like an elitist insufferable egoist in most interviews, calls him ā€œthe best actor of his generationā€. If so, why havenā€™t we noticed for so long?

by Anonymousreply 44February 13, 2024 3:05 AM

Iā€™m not picky, R43, but if I had to choose Iā€™d say on someone else, with whom I was deeply bound so I could just gaze at him every day and night.

by Anonymousreply 45February 13, 2024 3:07 AM

R39, I guess you're right, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Maybe he dyes his hair. He certainly has that pale, lashless look and pink skin of a redhead (to my eye). It looks light/medium auburn in this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 13, 2024 3:11 AM

Serving more cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 13, 2024 12:25 PM

[quote]Nolan, who comes across like an elitist insufferable egoist in most interviews

Aspie filmmaker has a big head.

Film at 11.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 13, 2024 12:27 PM

[quote]Spielberg is a Boomer hero.

Spielberg while a prototypical Boomer, is not a Boomer hero. Spielberg is the hero of Gen X and older millennials.

A Boomer hero would be someone who was big in the 60s and 70s, like Stanley Kubrick or Mike Nichols.

by Anonymousreply 49February 13, 2024 12:36 PM

Giamatti received a tremendous amount of applause at the Oscar luncheon the other day. Cillianā€™s was mild at best. RDJ and America Ferrera also got huge hands. Applause at the luncheon has become a way to detect the real enthusiasm around the candidates. The way it seems to be playing out is Giamatti, Ferrera, RDJ, and a three way race between Huller, Stone, and the chick from the DiCrappio movie, who all reportedly got healthy sustained applause. Cillian peaked a month ago, and Giamatti has run away with it. Sorry, OP.

by Anonymousreply 50February 13, 2024 1:33 PM

[quote] Giamatti received a tremendous amount of applause at the Oscar luncheon the other day. Cillianā€™s was mild at best. RDJ and America Ferrera also got huge hands. Applause at the luncheon has become a way to detect the real enthusiasm around the candidates.

R50 they received the applause because they wonā€™t win.

How stupid are you?

by Anonymousreply 51February 13, 2024 1:45 PM

I wish his makeup artist would stop using bronzer as contour- he doesn't need it with those cheekbones. I've also seen him person a zillion years ago at the Brentwood Market. Very ethereal looking, but no ass at all. Like just bones and the pants hanging completely straight.

by Anonymousreply 52February 13, 2024 3:52 PM

lol R51, you donā€™t have a fucking clue. It has become a way to gauge THE WINNERS you moron.

by Anonymousreply 53February 13, 2024 4:46 PM

No r53, you only believe Paul Giamatti will win the Oscar, and you think Paul Giamatti's performance was better than Cillian Murphy, because you are stupid. I'm sorry, but you are just stupid. It's obvious from the way you write.

The Academy Award for Best Actor goes to

a) an actor playing a person with an affliction (Brendan Fraser/morbid obesity; Anthony Hopkins/dementia; Eddie Redmayne/ALS; Matthew McConaughey/AIDS; Colin Firth/stuttering; Jeff Bridges/alcoholism; Jamie Foxx/blindness)

b) an actor playing a famous historical figure (Rami Malek/Freddie Mercury; Gary Oldman/Winston Churchill; Eddie Redmayne/Stephen Hawking; Daniel Day Lewis/Abraham Lincoln; Colin Firth/George VI; Sean Penn/Harvey Milk; Forrest Whitaker/Idi Amin; Phillip Seymour Hoffman/Truman Capote; Jamie Foxx/Ray Charles).

those that do not fall into that category tend to be the

c) "very serious drama" winners: Casey Affleck, Manchester by the Sea; Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant; Daniel Day Lewis, There Will Be Blood; Sean Penn, Mystic River; Adrien Brody, The Pianist.

Paul Giamatti falls into none of those categories. Paul Giamatti stars in the genre of comedy-drama film about two mismatched people who come together and learn and grow. The last time this won the Oscar was 1997 when Jack Nicholson won for As Good As It Gets. HOWEVER, Jack Nicholson's character in As Good As It Gets had Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. So that would go under affliction. The previous film about two mismatched people who come together and grow to win the Best Actor Oscar was Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman. BUT, Al Pacino's character was blind. Again, affliction. And notably, Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino were LEGENDS. Their status elevated roles that probably wouldn't have won Oscars if they had gone to actors of Giamatti's stature.

And prior to that, the previous film about two mismatched people who come together and grow to win Best Actor was Rain Man. Again, affliction: autism. And Rain Main was a major box office hit.

You have to go back to [bold]1977[/bold] to find a comedy-drama film about two mismatched people who come together and grow and learn and the man has no affliction win the Best Actor Oscar. That was Richard Dreyfuss in The Goodbye Girl. BUT, Richard Dreyfuss also starred that year in a significant box office hit: Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

So you are telling me, right now, that you believe an actor, who is not particularly famous, who starred in a box office flop, did not star in another acclaimed hit film the same year, and starred in a comedy about two mismatched people who come together and grow and learn with no afflictions; will win over

A very serious drama which was a significant box office hit about a famous historical figure which has 13 Oscar nominations total. An argument could be made that Oppenheimer also portrays someone with Aspergers Syndrome, but that's irrelevant.

Of course you would have realized this, but like I said, you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 54February 13, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote] wouldn't have won Oscars if they had gone to actors of Giamatti's stature.

Are you saying they wonā€™t award it to a short, chubby person?

by Anonymousreply 55February 13, 2024 5:55 PM

He didn't age well

by Anonymousreply 56February 13, 2024 6:36 PM

That's quite the rant, Miss R54, all full of half-baked implausibilities, conjectures, what-ifs, and mere opinions of yours. And save your quasi-film-historian tat, Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 57February 13, 2024 11:33 PM

On refusing photos for fans:

He said, ā€œI donā€™t do photos. Once I started doing that it changed my life. I just think itā€™s better to say hello, and have a little conversation. I tell that to a lot of people, you know, actor friends of mine, and theyā€™re just like: I feel so bad. But you donā€™t need a photo record of everywhere youā€™ve been in a day.ā€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 14, 2024 3:30 AM

R28 Bitch has long had 2 daytime ones.

by Anonymousreply 59February 14, 2024 4:01 AM

He turned ugly just in time for this movie. Was still cute in the quiet place

by Anonymousreply 60February 14, 2024 4:08 AM

Bitch in this thread really likes Oppenheimer. The shit was "okay"..

by Anonymousreply 61February 14, 2024 4:08 AM

Murphy wasn't even nominated for his great performance in "Breakfast on Pluto," but should have won. This time he'll win.

by Anonymousreply 62February 14, 2024 4:13 AM

lol as if I would read through any of that word salad nonsense R54.

Giamattiā€™s winning. And Iā€™ll be right here to laugh at your stupid ass on Oscar night.

Bye!

by Anonymousreply 63February 14, 2024 12:35 PM

R63 Iā€™ll write a condensed version for you

You are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 64February 14, 2024 12:38 PM

Your retarded conjecture about a process which you donā€™t understand and know absolutely nothing about does not interest me or anyone else on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 65February 14, 2024 12:40 PM

Who fucking says retarded anymore?

by Anonymousreply 66February 14, 2024 12:41 PM

R65 you are not just stupid.

You are a stupid BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 67February 14, 2024 12:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!