Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift

Seriously. What is so special about a narcissistic passive-aggressive 34 year old High School Musical Disney Princess who sings KidzBop?

Everything about her is extremely fake and calculated. Yet she's practically God in the eyes of so many women and teenage girls. Swifties at times can even make the Sussex Squad look sane in comparison which is quite a feat (and quite frightening).

by Anonymousreply 279February 17, 2024 12:41 PM

I'm hearing you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1February 11, 2024 10:29 AM

Never underestimate the power of mediocre white girls and their attendant audience.

by Anonymousreply 2February 11, 2024 12:25 PM

I like that she makes MAGA heads explode. Like OP’s.

by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2024 12:28 PM

"What is so special about a narcissistic passive-aggressive 34 year old High School Musical Disney Princess who sings KidzBop?"

She's a woman who gets girls and women to listen to her, buy her shit, and go to her shows such that she is now a billionaire. Women have never responded to a female performer like this, ever. Name another mainstream, big-venue female artist whose fans are overwhelmingly female. Madonna? No. Bey, No. Janet, No.

Like her, hate her, or be indifferent to her, she's making big money and in that business, that's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2024 12:32 PM

You are forgetting that she is the only person who can lift cadaver Biden from the grave and get people to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2024 1:02 PM

I'm not a MAGAt, but I agree with OP, and also R2 and R3.

I don't understand Taylor Swift's appeal, but I'm not her target demographic. And Swift stans have nothing on Beyoncé stans.

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 1:10 PM

Psycho Stalker

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2024 1:13 PM

Coming to the NEJM sometime soon no doubt:

“Gay men who constantly and obsessively start threads about Taylor Swift complaining they can’t stand Taylor Swift——mental health and obsessions at the crossroads”

by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2024 1:23 PM

"You are forgetting that she is the only person who can lift cadaver Biden from the grave and get people to vote for him."

Seriously, you think a Swiftie is going to vote in anything other than an online Cosmo quiz.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2024 1:44 PM

What r4 said.

Out of sheer curiosity, I ordered the On Demand offering to see her Eras concert tour on my home TV. I couldn't get over how basic a performer she is. I actually fell asleep during the first hour.

I do respect her stardom. I think it's very impressive where she's put herself, ESPECIALLY because she can't dance, can't sing, and has all the stage charisma of cruise liner lounge act.

I don't begrudge that she's damn near a billionaire. If what is reported about her political leanings is true, go Taylor Swift!

But damn, how and why she is where she is truly a question for the ages.

My theory is (and yeah, I know we're not supposed to "Karen" anyone anymore) but it's so apt, I won't resist :

Taylor Swift has packaged Karen-dom like no other. She's tapped into that Karen neuron and motivates that dopamine like no other.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2024 1:46 PM

[quote]Seriously, you think a Swiftie is going to vote in anything other than an online Cosmo quiz.

yep.

[quote]Not only can Taylor Swift bring fans to stadiums across the world for her sold-out “Eras” tour, she can also get them to head to the ballot box: A new poll finds that 1 in 6 adults said they were “more likely to vote” if Swift or her boyfriend, Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, encouraged them to do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2024 1:48 PM

Don't worry guys, what you're saying about Taylor, your parents said about Madge in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2024 1:49 PM

Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 1:49 PM

Yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2024 1:50 PM

all of her fans are mentally retarded

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2024 1:51 PM

This is all so speculative, R13.

1 in 6 adults 'MOST LIKELY'....but not definitely. And the other five adults questioned?

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2024 1:51 PM

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

Shake it off, I shake it off

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2024 1:54 PM

She seems to he constructed of some element we would’ve called “space age” in my day, which is covered in glitter, seamless, and shows no wear.

Almost any pop star I can think of has shown some affect in pictures. Some hint of WANTING while simultaneously being wearied by the energy they expend in getting themselves noticed.

She always seems to have one look: always fixed in a rictus of dazed delight. Ooh, Travis just scored! Ooh, here’s me in a one-piece glitter-covered bathing suit on a stage! Ooh, here’s me “clapping back” at men and boys who “hate” me!

And the scary thing is that I never really realized before how powerful the herd instinct can be. I think the phenomenon that’s really going on is not fandom for HER at all. It’s a flexing of the muscles that gazillions of young women feel when Taylor Swift points left, they go left, and we all feel the ship listing to port. If she were to drop dead tomorrow, a new one would muscle her way through.

Oh, yes, her followers will vote. Make no mistake. The horrible thing is that if she told them not to, they wouldn’t!

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2024 2:06 PM

R16

You must be the only person left or right that does not think Swift could have a major impact in this election. Live in your bubble all you want. But the Dems are recruiting her and hoping and the maga are attacking.

And yes her devotees in the US would vote and in leather numbers.

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2024 2:11 PM

In Greenwich Village, there is a house that Taylor Swift *temporarily* rented. People are there every day taking pictures of it. Yes, I get that she put it in a song, but there are much more interesting buildings on that street, like the theater Bernadette Peters did Dames at Sea in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2024 2:18 PM

Do we think there will be a fake marriage proposal after the game tonite? Captured on film, of course.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2024 2:39 PM

I can't stand her music. She is truly the only one music phenomenon (past and present) that I just don’t get. Madonna, MJ, Beyonce, Gaga, and hundreds of others... I don't like pop music, but I can appreciate it.

But her?

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2024 2:41 PM

This is the day and age of fake, plastic, shallow, empty...

She really is such a narcissist... at the grammys, she need to be singing and standing at every moment to be on camera...

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 2:43 PM

It's the next logical step, R21. Swifties will go wild, bu then there will be the inevitable break-up. Leaving Taylor distraught enough to release an album/musical/film of the trauma.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 2:43 PM

Her vacuousness must appeal to the vacuous masses?

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2024 2:44 PM

There’s a pop star vacuum at the moment and for some reason she fills it. There should be two or three others at about the same level of stardom splitting the pie but they just haven’t promoted anyone who’s caught on like that.

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 2:48 PM

She won at life. Nothing else to say, doll.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 2:51 PM

She started at 17 so a lot of these fraus (her age and slightly older/younger) have all grown up with her.

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2024 3:03 PM

The reason Taylor Swift is at the level she is at is because:

She has always shown love to her fans. In the beginning she would have parties at her house and invite fans.

She wasn't running around sleeping with every Tom Dick and Harry and showed she had morals.

She stands up for her fans especially at her concerts when something goes wrong.

She stands up for herself as seen by what she has done with her music.

Her family was always with her and watching after her until she turned 18.

She was a role model for every young girl especially when one was needed.

She is generous as seen by the bonuses given to her workers. I am sure she also donates money that she doesn't brag about.

Parents encouraged their daughters to follow Taylor.

If you had been paying attention you would have known all of this as it has always been public.

THIS is why she is loved and has the following she has.

by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 3:06 PM

and if she abuses any substances which I am sure she doesn't, no one knows about it

by Anonymousreply 30February 11, 2024 3:08 PM

She left Tom Hiddleston on the beach sobbing with a broken heart.

She’s a strumpet.

I saw Goody Swift dancing with the devil at midnight!

by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2024 3:11 PM

She is peak frau.

Any dude who listens to/follows her, gay or straight, needs HRT.

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2024 3:13 PM

OP we are never ever ever

getting back together

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2024 3:18 PM

She is relentlessly ambitious, works her ass off and is very shrewd. Plus, she actually is a decent lyricist as far as that goes. She has a consistent style.

The passionate hatred she elicits is further proof of her success. It’s part of what comes with that. Indifference from the public is the career killer.

by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2024 3:35 PM

"The passionate hatred she elicits is further proof of her success. It’s part of what comes with that. Indifference from the public is the career killer."

Don't I know!

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2024 3:42 PM

She dresses well, that's my only comment.

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2024 4:08 PM

Even my mother loves Taylor Swift. And she is a 71-year old black woman.

by Anonymousreply 37February 11, 2024 4:18 PM

Love her or loathe her, she's the embodiment of Joe Nye's "Soft Power" for the US around the world. Everywhere she goes, she sells out stadiums.

In Argentina, Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore (a week's worth), Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK, nothing the US does is received with such rapture by her fans.

For good or ill, American popular culture is the US's most valuable export.

by Anonymousreply 38February 11, 2024 4:18 PM

Just be glad she's not a MAGAt.

In my fantasies, Joe and Jill Biden invite her and her cats to the White House for tea and she does an interview with them and Willow telling all her fans to register to vote and to vote for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 39February 11, 2024 4:47 PM

I’m also grateful she hadn’t started running her mouth about Gaza and ceasefires.

by Anonymousreply 40February 11, 2024 5:02 PM

I think she sings worse than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 41February 11, 2024 5:05 PM

Her demographic is NOT 70-80 yrs old gay queens, so it's no wonder there isn't much support on DL.

by Anonymousreply 42February 11, 2024 5:10 PM

Will she fly in on a helicopter? And after KC's win, will Travis announce they're going to Disneyland for their honeymoon?

by Anonymousreply 43February 11, 2024 5:17 PM

I used to be indifferent about her. But got to liking her once she became more forthright about her political leanings.

by Anonymousreply 44February 11, 2024 5:19 PM

[quote]Do we think there will be a fake marriage proposal after the game tonite?

I don't think so. I think they've ridden this thing about as far as they can.

It's given them both a huge PR boost, though.

by Anonymousreply 45February 11, 2024 5:37 PM

If only, r1! Or a cum rag.🧣Thanks for the inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 46February 11, 2024 5:59 PM

No one is comparing Taylor Swift to Madonna R12. Lol

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2024 6:11 PM

I love your post, r18. But as I read on, I started to conjure up images from The Crucible, and how the power and influence that Abigail Spencer wielded to hold sway over those impressionable girls sometimes reminds me of TS and the Swifties. Clearly, I am not alone. See r31’s post. 😱

by Anonymousreply 48February 11, 2024 7:14 PM

I know people both love and despise her. I'm in a camp of indifference. I just can't be bothered to even be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 49February 11, 2024 7:20 PM

That’s kind of how so feel. I liked “Anti-hero” a lot though.

by Anonymousreply 50February 11, 2024 7:44 PM

* how I feel

by Anonymousreply 51February 11, 2024 7:44 PM

She’s also just pretty enough but not too beautiful to alienate the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 52February 11, 2024 7:51 PM

She's not fake when she says don't vote for the Orange Menace. For that alone I love her even if I've never listened to a single song of hers.

by Anonymousreply 53February 11, 2024 7:55 PM

R52 Yes they did that in the past too for megastars. Like how they dressed up Whitney as a 40 year old woman when she was just 23. Or how Mariah was covered in Burka from 1990 to 1996. When women show too much skin, it will alienate the female fans and potential new ones because then the competition genetics kick in. The sexism of the matriarchy strikes again!

by Anonymousreply 54February 11, 2024 7:56 PM

R38? Thanks for mentioning the Nye book. It seems like it's been a million years since I heard the term "soft power" used in conversation.

As I always say to my bff, I swear, some days I'd kill to hear a sentence that starts with, "So where did you do your undergrad?"

by Anonymousreply 55February 11, 2024 8:07 PM

Trump went for her hard today, saying he is responsible for her success and claiming that she is disloyal to him. Which is beyond disgusting. I’ve never downloaded a Taylor Swift song before in my life but I will get her new record when it drops to show support. Seriously if she can get her legion of fans to vote Democrat she may save this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 56February 11, 2024 8:15 PM

Why do you care so much, OP? Your loathing is cringe. Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

by Anonymousreply 57February 11, 2024 8:42 PM

That could be asked of 99.9% of the threads here on DL, R57.

by Anonymousreply 58February 11, 2024 8:48 PM

He's quaking ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 11, 2024 10:28 PM

[quote]Seriously. What is so special about a narcissistic passive-aggressive 34 year old High School Musical Disney Princess who sings KidzBop?

[quote]Everything about her is extremely fake and calculated. Yet she's practically God in the eyes of so many women and teenage girls. Swifties at times can even make the Sussex Squad look sane in comparison which is quite a feat (and quite frightening).

Op sounds like Trump after she endorses Biden.

by Anonymousreply 60February 11, 2024 10:30 PM

She looks like a ferret in the photo at R59

by Anonymousreply 61February 11, 2024 10:30 PM

[quote]Seriously. What is so special about a narcissistic passive-aggressive 34 year old High School Musical Disney Princess who sings KidzBop?

My question is, why does she engender such insane hatred like demonstrated by the OP’s question? She’s a pop singer ffs.

by Anonymousreply 62February 11, 2024 10:32 PM

She was in the VIP section of the Puppy Bowl represented by a chihuahua/poodle mix introduced as “Taylor Snift.”

by Anonymousreply 63February 11, 2024 10:46 PM

Less mediocre than Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 64February 11, 2024 10:49 PM

She brought Ice Spice to the Super Bowl. That’s who Travis would totally be into. This will end in tears and a new album.

by Anonymousreply 65February 11, 2024 10:52 PM

I tried a few times to appreciate her music, and can see that’s she’s a talented lyricist but all the songs sound the same to me and her voice is unremarkable. Her music does not move me in the least, the best I can say is that it’s inoffensive.

There’s something else about her that I find off putting, she looks like she smells like a musty sofa cushion. I don’t know why, but I’m convinced she smells weird when not scrubbed and perfumed. Her baseline is off. Plenty of much worse people are famous, though, so kudos to her.

by Anonymousreply 66February 11, 2024 10:53 PM

Taybot dragging Lana Del Rey onstage for her acceptance speech at the Grammys was peak mean girl behavior. While Taybot's brainwashed fans will argue that this was her way of "showing respect", it came across as condescending bullying to anyone with a functioning brain. Lana looks like she wants to kill herself in the footage as TayTay is pulling her through the crowd with her witch claws. She's since responded by claiming that she was not embarrassed and was just "happy to be there", but I don't believe her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 11, 2024 10:57 PM

She comes across as smart and in control of her career. She's writing the lyrics that she wants to, and she seems savvy about the business side of things. That's appealing to women and girls, as well as men who are parents of young girls.

by Anonymousreply 68February 11, 2024 11:07 PM

Pointless Bitchery, r57. If you know, you know. You don’t, Bo. So go sit in the corner and BEHAVE.

by Anonymousreply 69February 11, 2024 11:25 PM

In the Grammys speech she also explained to everyone Lana is a legacy artist.

Lana is 2 years older than her.

by Anonymousreply 70February 11, 2024 11:36 PM

Lana's "legacy" is her SNL disaster.

by Anonymousreply 71February 11, 2024 11:39 PM

R70 I couldn’t tell if that was intentional cuntery or if she is simply too stupid to know what a “legacy artist” is.

by Anonymousreply 72February 11, 2024 11:53 PM

[quote]For good or ill, American popular culture is the US's most valuable export.

Fact.

And it is the reason why no country can beat us other than ourselves.

Who is China's Taylor Swift?

by Anonymousreply 73February 12, 2024 12:12 AM

The U.S, is the only market consistently able to produce stars of her magnitude.

Even when other countries manage to produce a global star, none of them becomes a megastar without cracking America.

Which is why they all wind up coming over her to live. See Adele for the perfect example of someone who might as well be an American superstar even if she was not born here.

by Anonymousreply 74February 12, 2024 12:21 AM

[quote]Who is China's Taylor Swift?

Na Ying, silly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 12, 2024 12:33 AM

R67 I wouldn't want to believe that's true but yeah, it feels like a keep your enemies closer sort of thing.

Like Taylor knows LDR is a better artist and wants to keep her under her thumb or something. Luring her in under a false friendship.

Reminds me of Joan Crawford refusing to be upstaged by the other actress by holding her under the guise of a protective wing.

But no! It's not that, they're just friends!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 12, 2024 12:52 AM

100% R76. I am assuming Jack Antonoff connected them as he's done a lot of production for both. I don't really see them having much of anything in common to be honest. When Taylor brought Lana in to feature on one of her songs, I had the suspicion that she was doing so to feed off Lana's "indie" (or rather, alternative) clout and fanbase. That even more seemed to be the case when I actually listened to the song, and Lana was BARELY there.

Nothing about Taylor registers as genuine. She is a capitalist PR nightmare machine who only really cares about her career domination. Lana is very much not that--though very successful, she seems to be a sensitive person with real thoughts and feelings.

by Anonymousreply 77February 12, 2024 12:58 AM

Oh please. Lana went to go work at Waffle House for a day so she could kill two birds with one stone and get some indie cred AND some publicity.

by Anonymousreply 78February 12, 2024 1:42 AM

Lana Del Rey couldn’t BE more manufactured.

by Anonymousreply 79February 12, 2024 2:31 AM

Taylor needs people like Lana, Phoebe Bridgers, the Haim girls for street cred.

by Anonymousreply 80February 12, 2024 3:47 AM

Does this really sound like Kidz Bop to you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 12, 2024 3:53 AM

R80 I guess I'll go ahead and say it. Taylor doesn't need Lana or anything or anyone. She won, doll. No one has ever come close. She could disappear today and people will still be talking about her 50 years from now.

by Anonymousreply 82February 12, 2024 3:55 AM

or...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 12, 2024 3:55 AM

OP = Another person aggressive in his ignorance. You clearly know absolutely nothing about Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 84February 12, 2024 3:57 AM

or...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 12, 2024 3:58 AM

or...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 12, 2024 4:00 AM

kid friendly murder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 12, 2024 4:00 AM

R10, Hard "no."

"Karen" as a pejorative is a woman of Conservative and racist views who approaches life with a haughty sense of entitlement. Hence the concomitant "I'd like to speak to the Manager."

I'd like to see your examples of how Democrat-supporting Taylor Swift fits the above.

by Anonymousreply 88February 12, 2024 4:06 AM

R88 I didn't know Karen's were conservative or racists. I just thought they were entitled cunts. Not the same thing anymore, doll.

by Anonymousreply 89February 12, 2024 4:13 AM

R82 you're right. It will be much like today. Conversations wondering about what people saw in that person.

Just kidding! No one is going to be talking about how great Shake it Off sounds. She's not exactly Elvis. What are they going to do in the Taylor Swift biopic movie? Show the tension with Kanye? Then I guess he did help make her famous!

by Anonymousreply 90February 12, 2024 4:21 AM

I've never been a fan, but her voice was decent enough here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 12, 2024 4:27 AM

Who the hell will talk about Taylor Swift in 50 years? Her songs are good but there isn’t one that is great. A great song like Fast Car can be reinterpreted by many artists over decades. There isn’t one Taylor song that has that and I’m a fan of her pop songs.

by Anonymousreply 92February 12, 2024 4:28 AM

R13 Thanks Douche Maher, just what we needed, more tip for MAGA to win. Hey here's another tip, stop pretending you are still an Independent while going deep for Republican rim jobs every chance you get.

by Anonymousreply 93February 12, 2024 4:46 AM

Besties!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 12, 2024 4:53 AM

R90, you can be incredibly famous and enduring yet still have a life that isn’t dramatic enough for a biopic film.

Not every iconic celebrity is a Marilyn Monroe or a Judy Garland.

by Anonymousreply 95February 12, 2024 5:08 AM

Should I know who that is?

by Anonymousreply 96February 12, 2024 5:09 AM

It’s Karlie Kloss.

by Anonymousreply 97February 12, 2024 5:14 AM

I dont know if she will, but I hope she does endorse Biden, just to see MAGA heads explode.

by Anonymousreply 98February 12, 2024 5:57 AM

The only thing that bugs me about her is the ever-present cowlick.

by Anonymousreply 99February 12, 2024 6:01 AM

Her hair always looks greasy.

by Anonymousreply 100February 12, 2024 6:06 AM

R3 R60 I'm actually a libertarian socialist Democrat who voted for Biden. I have a large framed photo of Kathy Griffin holding Trump's severed head on my living room wall that I someday hope to get her to autograph.

But do go on with your nonsense if what you believe happens to quell the voices in your head.

by Anonymousreply 101February 12, 2024 9:00 AM

R92 She's going down in history, friend. Taylor's media and market domination is being studied in a class all about her at Harvard starting this year. Again as much as we may be tired of her, she won. She won everything.

by Anonymousreply 102February 12, 2024 2:17 PM

r92 She will only be in her 80's in 50 years and probably still around so I am sure they will still be talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 103February 12, 2024 2:51 PM

She’s 34. Let’s see how she lives the rest of her life before we declare she’s won everything.

She seems to require endless attention from the public. She will always been wealthy but once the attention fades as she ages (and it will), let’s see how she copes.

by Anonymousreply 104February 12, 2024 2:52 PM

[quote] It’s Karlie Kloss.

I still don't know who that is, R97.

by Anonymousreply 105February 12, 2024 2:59 PM

AT 85, people will be talking about how she never found the "right" man.

by Anonymousreply 106February 12, 2024 3:10 PM

Her music is too homogenized for my taste. If she got a hard rock band, I may give a listen.

by Anonymousreply 107February 12, 2024 3:31 PM

She had Paul McCartney in her Super Bowl suite. I saw a picture of her introducing him to Travis’ dad which must have been a big deal for Ed Kelce.

by Anonymousreply 108February 12, 2024 3:40 PM

First of all, white women are her audience. If you have seen her audience at her shows, it’s all white women and then the white men that tag along with them. Dads and boyfriends and husbands and gay besties.

I’ve already posted videos of a Taylor Swift concert vs a Beyonce concert and I’ve been to a Madonna concert - everyone is there.

Taylor Swift is Regina George.

Madonna, Beyonce, Britney Spears were these untouchable too cool for school fantasies girls wanted to be.

Taylor Swift is touchable. She’s the cheerleader, she’s the perfect blonde, the perfect white female victim, etc etc etc.

She’s everything a lot of young white women want to be.

by Anonymousreply 109February 12, 2024 3:48 PM

She's trending on "X" under 'satanism.'

by Anonymousreply 110February 12, 2024 3:50 PM

I like that her hair isn't platinum fucking blonde like every instaho famewhore real housewife.

by Anonymousreply 111February 12, 2024 3:56 PM

I listen to sports radio occasionally. When Swift was coming to town, every single one of the jocks was enthusiastically fangurling over the prospect of attending the concert. After it was over, they all gushed over the merch they bought. It was amazing, since all they used to talk about was hard rock and metal. Her " love affair" with Kelce made it acceptable for the most testosterone-filled lumpheads to go crazy over generic pop music.

by Anonymousreply 112February 12, 2024 4:00 PM

R104

And if she does outgrow the stage and wants something new to deal with you just might see Senator Swift as a potential gig.

After that she would be a much beloved female multi billionaire with millions,of woman who will likely still have the vote. There is no limit for her.

Since 1950 I am trying to think of any American that combines such a level of self made rich, seemingly almost perfect business sense, truly beloved by millions around the globe , many who will see her as the ultimate female role model, .

I think she could achieve anything she sets her mind on. She is an incredible package And I say this knowing one of her songs.

by Anonymousreply 113February 12, 2024 4:04 PM

I dislike her singing style immensely, yet I’m very glad for what she is doing because she has made a positive impact against maga

by Anonymousreply 114February 12, 2024 4:45 PM

I can’t think of a female singer who the gays loved less.

by Anonymousreply 115February 12, 2024 4:46 PM

R105 Trump’s son-in-law’s sister-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 116February 12, 2024 4:51 PM

Get it while you can, Taylor. I know I would.

by Anonymousreply 117February 12, 2024 5:03 PM

R113 good call.

by Anonymousreply 118February 12, 2024 5:13 PM

[quote]And I say this knowing one of her songs.

Blank Space, R113?

It's a bop for sure.

by Anonymousreply 119February 12, 2024 5:51 PM

Taylor has accomplished the ultimate goals, has not done anything to hurt anyone, is an excellent role model for young girls and yet look at how many people just Have to hate her. Instead of being happy for her, the jealousy is over the top.

Why do people hate some successful people? Why can't they just be happy for them? The idiots that follow Trump love that he is a supposed billionaire and admire him immensely. Why? What is the difference between the two?

by Anonymousreply 120February 12, 2024 7:19 PM

R104 Nope, she won. Oh, and she already won the future too.

by Anonymousreply 121February 12, 2024 7:55 PM

I had no problem at all with TSwift until the last few months. Her music is mediocre & not my thing but she was just a pop star that seemed cool & teens loved. She seemed to value her privacy, which I respect & I also respected that she valued her worth & would push back against the music industry.

But the last 6-12 months, she is so massively over exposed. Rebounding from a long term relationship into two very high profile ones where she just looks a bit bat shit & needy. Shes been with this footballer for what, a few months & she’s acting like it’s been years. Dragging her famous friends along with her - look guys, he’s spent $1 million on this box, come with & help me pretend I have an interest in Football. She’s in the press 24/7. Which arguably isn’t her fault but she went years without being this exposed, so what’s changed?

by Anonymousreply 122February 12, 2024 8:31 PM

R102 Especially heartbreak and failed relationships

by Anonymousreply 123February 12, 2024 11:46 PM

Here’s what a Taylor Swift crowd looks like.

It’s not everyone.

It’s all white women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 12, 2024 11:49 PM

She's the comforting basic live, laugh, love of vanilla Becky singers. Ooh she's in a leotard on stage, so edgy! Ooh you geocache to figure out the lyrics of her new album! But all 6 versions! Who's it about? The enemies who didn't like her and looked at her mean that one time!

by Anonymousreply 125February 13, 2024 12:02 AM

She’s a former high school dork who couldn’t land a date and was likely mocked by the pretty girls. Before her plastic surgery, she was kinda ugly. Maybe a step above LeAnn Rimes.

Today, it’s her MISSION to show her fans, her haters, her former boyfriends, and even her elder peers (Celine who?) that she’s the MOST POPULAR GIRL ever with the coolest squad of mostly blonde pretty girls propping her up at all times.

She had more songwriting talent during her country music “era”. Her new pop music is Disco Mickey Mouse for the Instagram generation.

I’m surprised how no one calls her out for how drunk she appears are public events . She’s always drinking and when she accepted the album of the year Grammy, she was clearly LIT!

by Anonymousreply 126February 13, 2024 12:10 AM

At least she has knocked the Kardashian/Jenner clan off of the tabloid front page. It's been weeks/months since I've heard anything about them. I guess it helps that I no longer look at TMZ, Daily Mail, Yahoo! or Reddit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 13, 2024 1:39 AM

I can't even name one song of hers. She's here to stay though, OP. She's seems pretty savvy.

by Anonymousreply 128February 13, 2024 1:55 AM

Her mom is a former marketing manager and her dad was an investor. They threw themselves into working for her career. She's not exactly self made when she had them investing hundreds of thousands of dollars of their own money to help her fulfill her dreams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2024 2:01 AM

You act surprised? She’s the perfectly packaged pop princess. She is *pardon the pun* taylor made for pop. Madonna achieved more, despite being threatening and never trying to be America’s sweetheart. Imagine if Madonna had played a slightly more self aware game trying to to offend so much or have controversial things to say? Madonna still achieved the ultimate success. She has been #1 for 40 years. Taylor did it the safe way and so what? Good for her. Team Taylor!

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2024 2:14 AM

^trying not to offend

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2024 2:15 AM

I feel like Kelce is going to grow very tired of her and her fame whoring very soon. He seems a bit checked out, like he realizes this is a stunt for cross marketing.

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2024 3:52 AM

She seems like the world's oldest teenager. 34 but acts like a giggly 15 year old.

by Anonymousreply 133February 13, 2024 5:15 AM

That's called immaturity

by Anonymousreply 134February 13, 2024 5:39 AM

I’m a zoomer and I’ve never gotten the obsession over her. I’ve been hearing about her love life since I was in middle school and I’m sick of it. The only time I really got it was when she did country music, songs like Love Story and Teardrops On My Guitar were legitimately great. I’ve liked a few of her songs since then but otherwise I just don’t get the obsession. And for someone who’s so popular, she has such an unlikeable personality.

by Anonymousreply 135February 13, 2024 5:40 AM

I don't mind her music, for me it beats crass crap like WAP

by Anonymousreply 136February 13, 2024 8:59 AM

[Quote]Taylor Swift is touchable.

Yeah, but it'll cost you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 13, 2024 9:02 AM

[Quote]Since 1950 I am trying to think of any American that combines such a level of self made rich, seemingly almost perfect business sense, truly beloved by millions around the globe , many who will see her as the ultimate female role model, .

Say what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 13, 2024 9:05 AM

I don't get it either. She's not a bad singer and I understand she has appeal, but what is it that makes her SO popular in the majority of the western world?

She seems to be universally revered and if I were to make this comment to any of her devoted fans, they'd set upon me like a pack of wolves, despite the fact I'm not even saying she's untalented.

I suppose there's always a need for there to be at least one star who shines brighter than the rest, so some of it's potentially engineered by the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 139February 13, 2024 9:57 AM

Correct me if I’m wrong - str8 men are not sexually attracted to Taylor, right?

by Anonymousreply 140February 13, 2024 10:02 AM

R140 I'm sure some are, but her fans seem to be girls and gay men. As with most female pop stars.

by Anonymousreply 141February 13, 2024 10:07 AM

90% of her fans are Karens, teenage girls and walking gay stereotypes (Yaaaas keen! Slay!).

by Anonymousreply 142February 13, 2024 10:25 AM

R138

I did think of Oprah but her range and impact is much more limited IMO

Who does Joe Biden want more backing him in 2024 Oprah or Taylor? Which one is adored world wide today O or T? Today Taylor swift is a force like none other. And force and impact does not just mean billions of$$$$$.

Oprah saying she supports a certain pol does not make the first page of any newspaper anywhere it does not lead the nightly news.

Donald Trump does not give a shit about Oprah and she scares him not even a little.

by Anonymousreply 143February 13, 2024 10:37 AM

R138 oh my God. I just looked up Ian Wright and that politician was not wrong. I can't unsee it now. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 144February 13, 2024 10:42 AM

It is surprising she’s 34. She seems like she’s 18. She really cannot sing, or dance, and her writing, while prolific, is mostly average.

She’s relentlessly, almost unworldly, pushed by her record company as this god-like being who is the most talented this or that of all time. Read the reviews. They are so over the top I’ve never seen anything like.

I think she’s a safe choice for the vast majority. She’s vanilla, with a sliiiiiight edge to her. Streaming skews so much now. A stream is equivalent to a sale? GMAFB. Back in the day there were strict rules about what could chart. Music is so much more accessible and you can chart all you can chart all your songs just by people sampling your album.

There’s no doubt she rivals the Madonna phenomenon. I still think she’s not reached that level. Not truly. Madonna’s sound and look quickly matured so she aged out of the teenager demo, and her in your face controversy, made her unpalatable to many. Yet, she remained gargantuan in the world.

I don’t think Taylor will end up having the impact of Madonna, but damn is she huge. I like her and wish her more success.

by Anonymousreply 145February 13, 2024 10:50 AM

She’s also an expert at playing the victim (in a way that only straight white women can be).

She got a ton of mileage and sympathy from Kanye West grabbing an award out of her hands (and wrote songs about it) and from Scooter Braun buying her catalogue (releasing all HER versions now of every album). Not to mention all the ex-boyfriends she writes about - including Jake Gyllenhaal who dated her for a month or two over a decade ago and still gets asked about it.

She’s like every exhausting, extremely manipulative straight frau friend that you had for a period of time who eventually dropped you to run around with her more important girlfriends and boyfriend. Remember when she briefly courted gay fans with that music video with all the gays?

by Anonymousreply 146February 13, 2024 11:06 AM

R146 Yes! The victim thing really plays with teens and white women.

by Anonymousreply 147February 13, 2024 11:07 AM

If Taylor Swift were to switch sides and come out in support of Donald Trump and against marriage marriage equality Donald would become president and a national law about marriage being between a man and woman only would be underway in no time.

Outside of those on the top of the tickets running she will prove to be the single number one most important American for 2024.

A dem who supports the gay community and tips the teamster truck drivers $100,000 each——this is why the Queens of DL hate her.

by Anonymousreply 148February 13, 2024 11:09 AM

I’m a liberal and I don’t like her. Make her go away. Fuck the MAGATS but make Taylor disappear. And take the Swifties with her…

by Anonymousreply 149February 13, 2024 11:26 AM

I wonder when she'll pork out like her mother.

by Anonymousreply 150February 13, 2024 11:43 AM

r150 I don't think she eats much, looking at her brother and mother she could probably gain weight easily. The father used to be heavy too. I saw one video where she was just eating one chicken tender, to me that is an appetizer not a meal.

by Anonymousreply 151February 13, 2024 11:45 AM

You all sound like a rotating band of 5 or 6 bitter ass bitches

by Anonymousreply 152February 13, 2024 11:59 AM

R149

You are a liberal who stands with maga and trump on this issue and wants to see her go away. That is not a slam or attack on you it’s just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 153February 13, 2024 12:06 PM

R153 - you don't realize how dumb you sound? Being Liberal means liking Taylor Swift now?

by Anonymousreply 154February 13, 2024 12:17 PM

R11, that is fucking wild. Taylor needs to start wearing Biden shirts all the time/

by Anonymousreply 155February 13, 2024 12:17 PM

R154

No not at all.but standing with maga on this one issue is just a fact. One would have to be delusional or stupid to deny this fact. It’s actually a hopeful sign that The Queens of DL who hate swift will find other common ground to agree with swift hating maga on.

So far as I can tell it’s pretty much one issue but it is a hopeful sign for the future

by Anonymousreply 156February 13, 2024 12:22 PM

I don’t stand with MAGA on anything. We want to be rid of Taylor for entirely different reasons. Swifties are a toxic borg like the Beyhive. The one thing that MAGAts, the Beyhive and the Swifties have in common is that they are cults. They worship humans as if they are gods or something. Enough with this.

by Anonymousreply 157February 13, 2024 12:30 PM

R157

We agree on this issue you stand strong and next to trump and MAGA but for different reasons. We agree 100% you both can’t stand her. But for different reasons.

The friend of my enemy stuff I guess

Don’t be defensive it’s your right to do so

by Anonymousreply 158February 13, 2024 12:42 PM

She's mentally Forever 21.

by Anonymousreply 159February 13, 2024 1:22 PM

Apparently her latest album focuses on her break up with Joe Alwyn. She seems to view relationships as album material. We can no doubt expect football themed songs in a future album.

by Anonymousreply 160February 13, 2024 1:36 PM

[quote] Lana's "legacy" is her SNL disaster.

Born to Die is the most streamed album of 2012 and it is one of only two albums by a woman to be in the Billboard 200 for 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 161February 13, 2024 1:36 PM

She just folks.

by Anonymousreply 162February 13, 2024 1:42 PM

[quote] I don't get it either. She's not a bad singer and I understand she has appeal, but what is it that makes her SO popular in the majority of the western world?

Taylor is the most global artist ever. Not sure how I feel about that but it's true. Her popularity in Asia is insane. She sometimes gets more youtube views in the Philippines than she does in America. And America is like 3x bigger population-wise than that country! She isn't just popular in East and Southeast Asia though, she is also massive in India, Pakistan, the Middle East, etc. Her domination is insane.

by Anonymousreply 163February 13, 2024 1:42 PM

R145, I agree with you but it actually looks like Taylor will overtake Madonna as the biggest female artist ever in one or two years. That is just insane. I also have issues with the way streaming is counted towards sales and I think all other formats should be judged separately from streaming. But her domination is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 164February 13, 2024 1:44 PM

R120 How is it a good role model to have 100 boyfriends in 15 years? Yes these relationships are PR but many of the general public think it is normal being a heaux. Ew. I so far had only one boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 165February 13, 2024 3:16 PM

Why pay so much attention to someone you don't like? I don't think I've ever heard ANYTHING by Kanye despite his being in the news (a lot) a few years ago. There are other Grammy-winning artists you can feel super cool listening to, unless they get popular. Then you can say you liked them until they sold out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 13, 2024 3:20 PM

[quote]Here’s what a Taylor Swift crowd looks like. It’s not everyone. It’s all white women.

Not everything needs “diversity” to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 167February 13, 2024 3:23 PM

[quote]I don't get it either. She's not a bad singer and I understand she has appeal, but what is it that makes her SO popular in the majority of the western world?

A big part of her success is that her competition is mostly total garbage.

by Anonymousreply 168February 13, 2024 3:28 PM

Very true, R167. Same is true with the mega famous Black artists - crowds filled with Black folk, maybe one or two white people.

The argument here shouldn't be about race/diversity at all, or an indictment of Whiteness. It's really about how shrewd business practices and a carefully curated online presence can make someone marginally talented mega famous.

by Anonymousreply 169February 13, 2024 3:29 PM

I think a lot of her success can be attributed to SM. She came just at the right time. madonna, Beyonce, etc. didn't have that when they started out. Taylor had SM so the whole world knew who she was from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 170February 13, 2024 3:32 PM

r122, I think once she was freed from the bonds of not owning all of her songs and re-recorded them, she is doing everything she can to recoup all the lost money she could have made previously. Hence the relentless promoting.

by Anonymousreply 171February 13, 2024 3:40 PM

Lost money? The woman is a billionaire. She's not hurting for money. She's utterly overexposed though.

by Anonymousreply 172February 13, 2024 3:42 PM

We're going to have her for a while, she still has to go through her motherhood stage, with endless songs about it and children.

by Anonymousreply 173February 13, 2024 3:47 PM

Make Taylor and Beyonce go away

by Anonymousreply 174February 13, 2024 3:50 PM

I wonder if part of her appeal is that she isn't married, she doesn't have children. Even though she's 34, she's still in this cycle of intense but utterly low level 'relationships' - which seem very high school coded (especially with Kelce, which is very jock/head cheerleader). She really does come off as an old teenager with the mugging and the giggling over her new 'boyfriend' - which I guess her fans respond to, even the ones who are moms themselves.

by Anonymousreply 175February 13, 2024 3:53 PM

Right, Taylor looks and acts like someone who will be stuck at the age she became famous, forever.

by Anonymousreply 176February 13, 2024 3:59 PM

Balenciaga????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 13, 2024 4:05 PM

Becoming a mother usually ruins female singer-songwriters. They lose all the angst and anger and can’t write a decent song anymore.

by Anonymousreply 178February 13, 2024 4:16 PM

No shit that she has legions of fans who idolize her, R4, but isn’t OP’s question asking WHY: why is Taylor Swift so adored by so many? Why is she at the very pinnacle of pop music fame & fortune and how has her limited talent propelled her to such heights? What’s the appeal? Her music is absolutely nothing special, and to say that is being very, very kind.

by Anonymousreply 179February 13, 2024 4:31 PM

r178 that's how I felt about Pat Benatar, I loved her and then when she got pregnant she started doing ballads/soft rock

by Anonymousreply 180February 13, 2024 4:35 PM

R180 It shows that we still need feminism because women are too emotional after pissing out children

by Anonymousreply 181February 13, 2024 4:38 PM

[quote] Born to Die is the most streamed album of 2012

LOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLLLOLLOLLL

by Anonymousreply 182February 13, 2024 4:38 PM

R179, actually, OP's question was "what," not 'why." "What is so special" is how it's phrased.

Her success is what makes her special. Why that is eludes me, too, but my saying so makes her no less successful.

by Anonymousreply 183February 13, 2024 4:44 PM

R182, it's true. It gets 5.5 million streams a day which is more than the "huge" Beyonce album Renaissance gets (it beats it by like 3 million).

by Anonymousreply 184February 13, 2024 4:57 PM

If The Beatles were on this February 9th, I guess DL would have the same attitude. Actually, their music was pretty rudimentary then, but the Boomer kids of the world didn't care. They were THE BEATLES.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 13, 2024 5:21 PM

The Beatles also managed to grow with each album and they morphed into a band with a more adult sound, all in a couple of years. Taylor is still stuck at the upper end of her adolescent years. Hopefully, she'll be done with that by 45.

by Anonymousreply 186February 13, 2024 6:13 PM

R139 She has NO COMPETITION.

She’s the only white pop artist who’s not R&B / hip-hop centric that caters to vanilla white women who aren’t into urban culture or alternative.

There’s no one else catering to her audience.

Ed Sheeran comes close and he’s record breaking too but he’s not as consistent and driven as Taylor.

Olivia Rodrigo had a moment but she dropped the ball.

But who’s competing with Taylor Swift? Someone name an artist who’s not country or alternative/ indie, that does pop and caters to white women without any crossover to black or gay culture.

I’ll wait.

by Anonymousreply 187February 13, 2024 6:36 PM

Pop stars have always had their competitors and rip offs.

Madonna and Janet, Celine / Mariah / Whitney, Britney / Christina are examples and you could make huge lists of more competitors. Beyonce had competitors. Same for Lady Gaga and that era of Katy and Kesha and etc.

They all had artists who competed with them.

Taylor Swift has no one. No one has tried to be a new Taylor Swift. Olivia Rodrigo for a moment.

But she’s really had the whole place to herself so it makes sense how her audience stuck by her and has remained loyal. There’s no other choice lol

by Anonymousreply 188February 13, 2024 6:41 PM

Also, Taylor was smart to target 5 year old girls when she was young. Those girls are now adults and continue to adore her.

by Anonymousreply 189February 13, 2024 6:44 PM

She is oddly juvenile. She’s my age & yet I always see her as far younger. Then again, her BFF Blake Lively is married & has what, 3,4 kids .. she’s probably equally as annoying Swift.

by Anonymousreply 190February 13, 2024 6:48 PM

She's a blandly pretty, intelligent aspie narcissist. I don't get the appeal of her or her music either, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 191February 13, 2024 6:59 PM

Harry Styles, R 187. He caters to white women and, despite the "gay" innuendo, is not appealing to the gay crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 13, 2024 7:08 PM

R192 He exploits gay culture. I said make an artist that doesn’t crossover to black or gay culture.

by Anonymousreply 193February 13, 2024 7:14 PM

Because Harry has body odor.

by Anonymousreply 194February 13, 2024 7:15 PM

I meant name* and artist.

by Anonymousreply 195February 13, 2024 7:15 PM

R195 name an artist*. Oh dear.

Harry is popular but as said, uses queer identity. That’s “provocative”.

Taylor Swift is NOT provocative.

by Anonymousreply 196February 13, 2024 7:17 PM

Taylor Swift made an attempt to be more urban / gay oriented with the “Reputation” album. She did the Beyonce video “Look What You Made Me Do” and tried to be more EDM heavy with “Are You Ready For It” and I’m pretty sure it’s considered her most disappointing effort in comparison to her others.

Because as I said, she caters to the vanilla white women / audience. They want clean, they want safe, they don’t want edge. That’s why after “Reputation”, she released the “Lover” album and it was like Disney Princess on steroids imagery.

by Anonymousreply 197February 13, 2024 7:24 PM

This is when she almost dropped the ball …

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 13, 2024 7:27 PM

And then she was like “no guys! I’m a good girl!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 13, 2024 7:27 PM

Her video for the gays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 13, 2024 7:31 PM

R189 But you can even take that a step further. She’s really the only pop artist today parents would let younger children listen to.

She’s safe and that’s what kept her going.

What are parents going to listen to in the car? Cardi B and Lil’ Nas X? Or the macabre Billie Eilish?

That’s why Ed Sheeran is so popular too. He’s something the whole family can listen to and go see live.

by Anonymousreply 201February 13, 2024 7:32 PM

And another major component is record labels are struggling. Do they want to develop another Taylor Swift? Or even Beyonce? These are 2 artists who have basically cut their label out of their fort tube and only recognize them as distributors.

Or are record labels better off making one hit wonders and just keep the money flowing?

by Anonymousreply 202February 13, 2024 7:42 PM

Her behavior in this video seems drug induced. Adderall maybe? Coke? I wouldn't be surprised if she's on some type of stimulant to keep up with her stringent schedule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 13, 2024 7:48 PM

Maybe she drinks a lot at the football games so she is drunk enough to make out with Kelce

by Anonymousreply 204February 13, 2024 7:51 PM

[quote]Because as I said, she caters to the vanilla white women / audience. They want clean, they want safe, they don’t want edge.

That’s basically why she’s so successful. She understands the audience she’s trying to reach, and she gives them what they want. It’s Business 101. She’s safe and predictable, not exciting. She’s the Toyota of pop music.

by Anonymousreply 205February 13, 2024 10:13 PM

Her music has no appeal to me and now I know why.

by Anonymousreply 206February 13, 2024 10:25 PM

Why?

by Anonymousreply 207February 13, 2024 10:35 PM

Some of her music is ok, actually good. Not all of it, but she's entirely overrated for what she is.

It's like a cult of personality going on. People want to celebrate and worship someone.

by Anonymousreply 208February 13, 2024 10:47 PM

R207 it’s bland and not geared towards my taste. I don’t think she has a great voice either.

by Anonymousreply 209February 13, 2024 10:49 PM

Yuck at R203. Lucy Dacus is 10x the artist Swift is, and has to endure this "can I put my Grammy on your head" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 210February 13, 2024 10:50 PM

[quote]People want to celebrate and worship someone.

Exactly. And she's a safe, non-offensive choice.

by Anonymousreply 211February 13, 2024 10:51 PM

It’s still cult worship and it’s not healthy.

by Anonymousreply 212February 13, 2024 10:54 PM

Show us on the doll where Taylor hurt you OP.

by Anonymousreply 213February 13, 2024 11:05 PM

As an adolescent, I loved The Beatles and didn't consider it cult worship. However, they were musical geniuses and deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 214February 13, 2024 11:05 PM

R203 wtf was she like you want to kiss my Grammy? The end of that was weird. Taylor had her arms wrapped around that woman.

"She made me kiss it!"

by Anonymousreply 215February 13, 2024 11:06 PM

Holy shit that is a Mean Girls move if I've ever heard of one.

by Anonymousreply 216February 13, 2024 11:15 PM

Yeah, R214, 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' is the work of musical geniuses. Or maybe it was. We were still listening when they discovered their true gifts.

by Anonymousreply 217February 13, 2024 11:38 PM

OP = Log Cabinet

by Anonymousreply 218February 13, 2024 11:41 PM

In today's deluge of hop-hop whores thrusting their fat asses and boobs while singing vile lyrics, she provides songs that can be appreciated by the whole family, without fear of needing penicillin after hearing the songs.

by Anonymousreply 219February 13, 2024 11:44 PM

This should be enough to make everyone a Swift fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 14, 2024 12:39 AM

Taylor's fans are sheeple.

by Anonymousreply 221February 14, 2024 1:07 AM

My theory is that ever since the moment linked below, La Swift has made it her mission to become more successful than either Kanye or Beyonce.

She must be thinking: one down, one to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222February 14, 2024 1:11 AM

R220 agreed.

by Anonymousreply 223February 14, 2024 1:31 AM

The fact that she wrote the Calvin Harris/Rihanna banger “This Is What You Cane For” and did backing vocals on it makes her ok in my book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224February 14, 2024 1:55 AM

*CAME For

by Anonymousreply 225February 14, 2024 1:55 AM

She will never eclipse the Madonna height. Ever. Madonna did it with humongous competition and she did it constantly changing and not trying to be liked.

Madonna stayed highly successful despite her controversial persona which turned so many off especially white girls/women.

Though, I like Taylor and I want her to surpass Madonna. Just to do it. I don’t think she can or will, but go Tay Tay.

by Anonymousreply 226February 14, 2024 2:26 AM

I watched a documentary on showtime called “Listen to Marlon.” So fucking good! I told my older sister . Her comment was ; I saw a great documentary on Taylor Swift . I really admire her.

I was speechless . Sis is an even MORE elderly hippie then I am

by Anonymousreply 227February 14, 2024 2:45 AM

What about me!? That bitch can't even dance!

I put on entertaining dance performances before I became so popular my brain melted down.

Bitch can't dance like me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228February 14, 2024 3:13 AM

Forever young at least so far, popular, great shape, has a great retirement set up, wonderful legs, adored, lots of boyfriends, rich

My goodness she is what virtually every gay man on DL wants to be.

by Anonymousreply 229February 14, 2024 10:21 AM

She's Bridget Jones for the Ozempic Generation. Mildly pretty, blonde/bland, luckless in love, and has that adorkable schtick down to pat.

There isn't a single straight guy would comment that she's fuckable, unlike the Rihannas and similar. She's safe for women to admire without feeling threatened.

The fact she's 34 yet still behaving like a cutesy babysitter who likes cats, stickers and her dad is irritating, but that's what she's shilling.

by Anonymousreply 230February 14, 2024 12:25 PM

R230, I agree with your post, but disagree about straight guys not saying she's fuckable. I've heard otherwise. And didn't she make news for AI porn made about her? I'd say most would want her.

by Anonymousreply 231February 14, 2024 12:43 PM

Straight guys are more about overall availability than good looks. Steady, easy pussy is what most of them want.

by Anonymousreply 232February 14, 2024 12:53 PM

I just wish there was a way I could go through the week and not read all the stories about her, not start threads about her, not post on those threads about her, and nor hear her music all the time.

There must be a way?

by Anonymousreply 233February 14, 2024 12:56 PM

Jennifer Lawerence with her sluttish behaviour and Harvey connection is what the straight bros wanna pound.

Taylor is too Gwynnie- fragile/brittle white chick with not enough meat on her bone.

by Anonymousreply 234February 14, 2024 12:58 PM

She is thin and blonde. She’s not old. She doesn’t have a facial deformity.

For 90% of straight men, I would say that’s all it takes to be “fuckable.”

by Anonymousreply 235February 14, 2024 1:02 PM

I know a straight guy who worked sound for her and was raving about her long long legs and sweet persona. He’s a beer swilling bro.

by Anonymousreply 236February 14, 2024 1:19 PM

She is alright looking but no great raving beauty like Sade. Her voice is thin and unimpressive. I just don’t get her appeal and how people are extorted into saying that they are Swifties or her fans will come after you. I don’t get any part of this. Whereas I absolutely understand why the world was obsessed with Michael Jackson and his epic talent prior to his child molestation charges. Michael, pre-molestation, was an unbelievably talented and exciting performer and deserves all the attention he got.

by Anonymousreply 237February 14, 2024 1:45 PM

I remember when she was still just a country artist, she did an episode of Crossroads with Def Leppard. It was wild hearing her sing their songs and vice versa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238February 14, 2024 1:46 PM

I think she is solely famous because her voice was for a very long time low and she sounded like a moaning princess when singing and she doesn't have any vocal acrobatics. That means every idiot girl can sing along and that's why they all love her. With beyonce on the radio, you'd have to sing "ahajwiehr rrrring the alaaarm uh video phone".

by Anonymousreply 239February 14, 2024 2:50 PM

R230, you lost me at cats. There is absolutely nothing wrong with loving cats.

by Anonymousreply 240February 14, 2024 3:17 PM

“This is what you cane for” Swiftie giving a not so down low shout out to all the cane carrying Lesbians in her squad. Neato.

by Anonymousreply 241February 14, 2024 4:54 PM

No, most straight guys don’t want to fuck her.

Who she fucked was any female pop princess who wanted to be seen as on level with Madonna. None of them come close, not even Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 242February 14, 2024 9:24 PM

If Taylor Swift was standing in front of a straight man wanting to have sex - 99.999% of them would fuck her.

Give me a break. You think their standards are so high they wouldn’t have sex with her? She’s not Rosie O’Donnell or that great big woman from This is Us.

by Anonymousreply 243February 14, 2024 10:09 PM

R242 stfu

by Anonymousreply 244February 14, 2024 11:03 PM

I am always on 4 chan pol (where taylor was rumored to be too) and they all wanted to fuck her but nowadays they accuse her of being trans an then I tell them "no, body structures that are similar to the opposite sex means = gay". Some believe me, some don't. So yes, a lot of men wanted her but after they saw that she landed a chad with kelce (many of them believe the pr), the trans accusations have become stronger. Can someone explain this? Have straight men become "jealous women"?

by Anonymousreply 245February 14, 2024 11:08 PM

Yes, she seems young and acts like she's a teenager sometimes. But so what? Ariana Grande looks like she's 12, but all her songs are about riding dicks, and she's already been married and divorced.

by Anonymousreply 246February 15, 2024 2:08 AM

R245 wtf? She's just tall. Built like a tall northern European descent person.

by Anonymousreply 247February 15, 2024 2:40 AM

R243 If you forget me again, I’ll whack you with my snack purse!

by Anonymousreply 248February 15, 2024 2:54 AM

R245, like the sexless incels of 4chan are in any position to turn down sex from anyone!

by Anonymousreply 249February 15, 2024 3:56 AM

[quote] I am always on 4 chan

Why?

by Anonymousreply 250February 15, 2024 10:18 AM

R250 I want a cute 4 chan boyfriend from pol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251February 15, 2024 10:39 AM

Was this also Taylor's goal and this is how she found Travis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252February 15, 2024 10:40 AM

MAGAts are so afraid of her that they spread conspiracy theories in hope that she doesn't endorse Biden for fear of losing fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 15, 2024 5:00 PM

[quote] Yuck at [R203]. Lucy Dacus is 10x the artist Swift is, and has to endure this "can I put my Grammy on your head" bullshit.

I agree with you. It's kinda gross the the girls went along with it but it seems Taylor put them on the spot on front of the cameras. If ypu notice the smallest one likes she had been crying.

[quote] wtf was she like you want to kiss my Grammy? The end of that was weird. Taylor had her arms wrapped around that woman. "She made me kiss it!"

[quote] Holy shit that is a Mean Girls move if I've ever heard of one.

I think she's sadistic and gets off on humiliating ones she deems below herself. In the video she was definitely asserting her dominance as the alpha female in the pack. "That's right bitches bow down and kiss my Grammy!"

by Anonymousreply 254February 15, 2024 5:37 PM

^Oh dear! I mean "it looks like the smallest one had been crying"

by Anonymousreply 255February 15, 2024 5:41 PM

Op should be sequestered and forced to listen to TS for 7 days straight

by Anonymousreply 256February 15, 2024 5:46 PM

R253

What is covert or baseless about this? She is a known liberal dem she supported Joe before she will no doubt support him again calling on her army of swifties to register and vote.

She is a major threat to the gop and not just in the presidential election. Nothing at all covert about that.

Now what is beyond conspiracy nonsense is that somehow her love life and the nfl had anything to do with this. Only truly stupid people deep into QAnon type of conspiracies would believe that.

by Anonymousreply 257February 15, 2024 6:20 PM

R257 "Only truly stupid people deep into QAnon type of conspiracies would believe that. "

Which included one third of the registered Republicans polled. Truly stupid people who belong to the by-now truly evil Republican party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258February 15, 2024 6:32 PM

We know, R 258. 5 posts above you.

by Anonymousreply 259February 15, 2024 8:19 PM

Interesting, do artists not use different, creative chord progressions?

No wonder they get churned out like butter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260February 16, 2024 1:00 AM

R260, most popular entertainers seem to stick with three cords.

by Anonymousreply 261February 16, 2024 1:03 AM

Her appeal is her lyrics, not her variety of chord progressions.

by Anonymousreply 262February 16, 2024 10:08 AM

Move Kamala over to AG and run this biotch as Biden's VP. 😂

by Anonymousreply 263February 16, 2024 10:11 AM

If Taylor can save us from a Trump re-election I'll back her 100%. I hope if and when Biden gets re-elected Trump suffers a fatal heart attack and MTG frantically tries to revive him with CPR (pretty sure she'll slip her hand down his pants while she's doing it), Melania will grin like a Cheshire Cat the whole time and Miss Lindsay Graham will shriek and dramatically faint.

by Anonymousreply 264February 16, 2024 10:49 AM

Meanwhile, from the Taylor Swift class at Harvard...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265February 16, 2024 1:18 PM

Say what you will, but she sure puts on one hell of a show. Attended the Melbourne concert tonight with my sister and her daughters. Her music isn't generally my taste, but I really enjoyed the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 266February 16, 2024 2:05 PM

R264 sorry hun but this right here will happen again but this time Azaela will laugh at Taylor.

Biden win = more brown immigrants = more crime Trump win = USA stays white = less crime

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267February 16, 2024 2:12 PM

She donates to the family of the woman killed at the parade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268February 16, 2024 4:23 PM

She is beyond mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 269February 16, 2024 4:33 PM

^^So that means she's good, right?^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270February 16, 2024 9:30 PM

She's on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 271February 16, 2024 11:03 PM

She looked so goofy during her British phase with the curly hair

by Anonymousreply 272February 16, 2024 11:05 PM

She’s extremely tall, lanky, and awkward. She’s generically cute and makes average girls feel cool too. Her music is about female empowerment. And she’s a democrat. What’s not to like?

by Anonymousreply 273February 16, 2024 11:54 PM

I hate the Swifties more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 274February 17, 2024 12:03 AM

She makes MAGA come even more unhinged, that good enough reason for me to like her.

by Anonymousreply 275February 17, 2024 12:14 AM

96,000 @ her first concert in Melbourne Friday night.. 3 more concerts there and on to Sydney for 4 more concerts. Lotta Swifties out there.

by Anonymousreply 276February 17, 2024 12:30 AM

[quote] Taylor Swift - Seriously. What is so special about a narcissistic passive-aggressive 34 year old High School Musical Disney Princess who sings KidzBop? Everything about her is extremely fake and calculated. Yet she's practically God in the eyes of so many women and teenage girls.

Yes, she is the second coming of Christ, just in female form, to many.

by Anonymousreply 277February 17, 2024 1:05 AM

She is just a long legged straight gal who risked lots of money and fan support and went against all of her advisors by coming out in favor of the gay community and gay rights, liberal pols, and against Trump etc

If this is not reason enough for the queens of DL to hate her

by Anonymousreply 278February 17, 2024 11:23 AM

Too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279February 17, 2024 12:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!