Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do you like your eggs

Very lightly scrambled and soft with salt and pepper--yum

by Anonymousreply 192February 20, 2024 2:49 AM

Unfertilized.

by Anonymousreply 1February 11, 2024 1:15 AM

As far away from me as possible.

by Anonymousreply 2February 11, 2024 1:15 AM

I abhor eggs. To me they're one of the worst foods imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2024 1:16 AM

Eggs from pasture raised chickens (not free range, that's a scam), scrambled with onion, spinach. and dill. Hot sauce condiment.

by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2024 1:21 AM

Soft boiled or lightly scrambled with cheese.

by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2024 1:22 AM

Fried. On a buttermilk biscuit with crispy bacon or sausage patty and american cheese. salt & pepper

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 1:24 AM

In a smooth scrotum, hanging below a seven-inch, uncut cock.

by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2024 1:25 AM

Poached. But always at home, because restaurants capable of serving a proper poached breakfast egg are rare, I suspect because of the time between kitchen and service.

by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2024 1:27 AM

Poached on buttered toast. After that, scrambled.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2024 1:28 AM

Over-medium...or omelet.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2024 1:29 AM

I like them fried with fried potatoes and a little Tabasco sauce. I like them scrambled with ketchup, too.

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2024 1:30 AM

Sunny side up, cooked the proper way by spooning oil over the top, not the mangia-cake way where you pretend to steam it.

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2024 1:47 AM

My local diner does poached eggs nicely.

My usual breakfast there: poached eggs, a side of scrapple, an English muffin toasted with butter and orange marmalade, black coffee.

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 1:52 AM

egg salad (hard cooked, w/ mayo)

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2024 1:58 AM

I love eggs. Scrambled, in an omelet, poached, soft boiled, hard boiled, over easy, sunny side up. Now I cannot stand an undercooked egg. oozy and almost raw. But I also don't want my eggs to be overcooked, especially the scrambled or omelet ones. I need the sunny side up and the over easy to have a runny yolk but not slimy. Eggs are the best!

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2024 2:01 AM

scrambled with a fuckton of pepper.

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2024 2:03 AM

Babs, is the egg man coming today?

I want a hundred eggs....a THOUSAND eggs....

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2024 2:04 AM

I like them MGM style

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2024 2:07 AM

Lord! What a bunch of fussy, prissy, nellie queens! We are talking about eggs here for breakfast Just cook them and eat them for God's sake. What kills me about these food threads is that these guys are picky and particular about a fucking egg but will go on Grindr and let some total stranger show up while they are blindfolded and dump a toxic load inside them, never to be seen again. WTF? The world is upside down.

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2024 2:12 AM

Oh, lighten up, R19! The question is how do you like your eggs, not what is the only way you find eggs acceptable. If someone enjoys them most when they are done in a fancy way, what's the big deal? I really like poached eggs, but I'll eat them scrambled or fried, or any other way. What's wrong with having a preference? I may be an eldergay, but all my years have given me the wisdom NOT to equate food preferences with sexual activities. For all you know, it's people who like oatmeal and toast for breakfast who take raw, anonymous loads for dessert... (See how fucking stupid that sounds?)

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2024 2:19 AM

[quote]Lord! What a bunch of fussy, prissy, nellie queens! We are talking about eggs here for breakfast Just cook them and eat them for God's sake.

Go talk to a waitress working the breakfast shift at a NJ diner. Everyone wants eggs done in a particular way.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2024 2:27 AM

I like soft scrambled, as well. It's kind of a safe way to order eggs at restaurants. Most cooks can do a soft scramble.

I like poached with the runny yolk on Eggs Benedict.

Over easy is okay, as well.

As long as the whites are set up, yolks runny as possible, it's good for me.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2024 2:32 AM

I like my eggs boiled- medium. I like the yoke to be the consistency of paste- neither hard boiled nor runny ( yuk)

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 2:34 AM

Thank you for this thread. Tomorrow I might have something I have not had in ages: Egg salad. I have some wonderful whole grain bread and I can just see a big, thick egg salad sandwich. How coffee, and maybe a few strips of bacon on the side.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 2:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2024 2:37 AM

[quote]Thank you for this thread

Are you from the South?

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 2:43 AM

Scrambled with butter, salt & pepper and sharp cheddar cheese.

Then some sriracha on top.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 2:48 AM

R26, wall, yeas I am....

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2024 3:00 AM

Soft poached on steamed baby spinach, dusting of kosher salt and ground black pepper.

by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 3:09 AM

See's, chocolate, with Bordeaux filling.

by Anonymousreply 30February 11, 2024 3:35 AM

Over easy fried in the center cutout bread.

It cooks fast and it’s terrible for me. It requires long solitary walks outdoors.

by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2024 3:40 AM

[quote]How do you like your eggs

Same way I like my men...whipped to a stiff peak

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2024 3:47 AM

[quote]Same way I like my men...whipped to a stiff peak

Same way I like my men -- dark and cream-filled.

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2024 4:02 AM

[quote]Then some sriracha on top.

You should try them with oyster sauce, hold the cheese.

by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2024 4:06 AM

Hard on the outside, but creamy on the inside.

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2024 4:14 AM

Big n Brown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2024 4:24 AM

With salami, pancake style.

by Anonymousreply 37February 11, 2024 4:41 AM

I’m very specific about my poached eggs. You peasants better make them right.

by Anonymousreply 38February 11, 2024 4:45 AM

Scrambled. I shake them with a little salt and cream in an old Talenti container rather than using a whisk or a fork. I like mushrooms, spinach, and cheese, so I cook the first two ingredients before I add the eggs. Then the cheese 🧀. I roast potatoes in the oven with olive oil, salt, and rosemary.

by Anonymousreply 39February 11, 2024 4:48 AM

For the harassed diner cook above, when you are serving poached eggs to a large group or have them on a menu, you poach them in advance and keep them in a bowl of water in the fridge. They will stay fresh for several days. When it's time to serve, you heat them by returning them to the simmering water for a few seconds, then remove, dry, and serve. Even Julia Child approved of this method. Serving up poached eggs is not as stressful as you think.

by Anonymousreply 40February 11, 2024 4:50 AM

Hard boiled mixed with pickles, japaenos, and dijon mustard

by Anonymousreply 41February 11, 2024 5:26 AM

Does it have to be a Talenti container? would something else work?

by Anonymousreply 42February 11, 2024 5:27 AM

The best part of a balanced breakfast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 11, 2024 7:42 AM

Scrambled eggs with sharp cheddar cheese and tomato.

by Anonymousreply 44February 11, 2024 8:14 AM

Shirred and garnished with caviar. Served with toast points.

by Anonymousreply 45February 11, 2024 12:41 PM

Egg whites fried crispy in olive oil.

by Anonymousreply 46February 11, 2024 12:44 PM

Over easy, or scrambled. Or huevos rancheros or Mexican migas.

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2024 1:56 PM

[quote]Does it have to be a Talenti container? would something else work?

The raspberry sorbet residue gives it that extra something.

by Anonymousreply 48February 11, 2024 2:05 PM

R47, see I don't like the whole tomatoes and peppers thing with my eggs. A dish that has become popular, Shakshuka which I think is Middle Eastern, or Turkish, or Eastern European is not something I'd care to try. But I do love poached eggs on corned beef hash.It has to be really good corned beef hash.

by Anonymousreply 49February 11, 2024 2:10 PM

All this thread makes me realize is that I have cooked eggs to order for numerous people over the years. I get up early, and love to provide meals for people. But nobody has ever made eggs for me. I want to be served!

by Anonymousreply 50February 11, 2024 2:17 PM

“I make eggs too easily, I make eggs too fast…”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 11, 2024 2:21 PM

“I get along without eggs very well, of course I do…”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 11, 2024 2:24 PM

Raw.

by Anonymousreply 53February 11, 2024 4:04 PM

R43...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 11, 2024 4:13 PM

Love Chet Baker.

by Anonymousreply 55February 11, 2024 4:37 PM

I know how you feel R50. I'm really good at giving massages, but no one ever gives me a massage unless I pay them (i.e., a professional).

I'd make eggs for you. I'm good at making eggs.

by Anonymousreply 56February 11, 2024 5:23 PM

I love eggs! Veggie omelets. Scrambled. Poached. Fried. Hard boiled. Quiche.

by Anonymousreply 57February 11, 2024 5:46 PM

[quote] What a bunch of fussy, prissy, nellie queens!

Look

in

the

mirror

bitch

by Anonymousreply 58February 11, 2024 5:50 PM

The first time my husband scrambled eggs I couldn’t understand why they were so different.

No milk.

We always had milk in our scrambled eggs.

by Anonymousreply 59February 11, 2024 7:04 PM

I would sooner allow a homeless man to fart into my mouth than eat an omelette. Eggs are gross.

by Anonymousreply 60February 11, 2024 10:06 PM

Eggs a la francaise

by Anonymousreply 61February 11, 2024 10:10 PM

I always put a splash of milk in my scrambled eggs. It gives it a milder taste. I thought everyone did that until I saw Gordan Ramsay make them without.

by Anonymousreply 62February 11, 2024 10:23 PM

I like them most ways depending on the situation.

Love a good poached egg on a salad. Fried egg and toast. Scrambled with pancakes, waffles, or french toast.

It just depends on my mood and what else I'm eating.

by Anonymousreply 63February 11, 2024 10:32 PM

French toast with salt, pepper, butter, and a little maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 64February 11, 2024 10:34 PM

Here's Julia to give you some tips on how to jazz up your eggs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 11, 2024 10:38 PM

I made scrambled eggs this morning. I’ve also adopted Gordon Ramsey‘s method of cooking them without milk or cream, in a lot of butter in a pot (not a skillet) low and slow. If I’m feeling especially decadent will make a scrambled egg sandwich on heavily buttered toast or an English muffin.

I like omelettes, light and fluffy with tomato, onion and cheddar or Swiss cheese. But not for breakfast. Brunch, lunch or dinner only. Probably because I like them accompanied by a spring greens salad with vinaigrette and a perfectly chilled glass of Chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 66February 11, 2024 11:00 PM

Scrambled with salt, pepper and cheese. My husband prefers fried over easy, so that's what I usually make -- but scrambled as a treat.

by Anonymousreply 67February 11, 2024 11:03 PM

One thing I don't think we have mentioned: Souffle. Eggs are critical to a Souffle. Are they not? Am I going off the rails?

by Anonymousreply 68February 11, 2024 11:03 PM

[quote] I would sooner allow a homeless man to fart into my mouth

You vile little bitch!

by Anonymousreply 69February 11, 2024 11:04 PM

[quote] I like them accompanied by a spring greens salad with vinaigrette and a perfectly chilled glass of Chardonnay.

Mary.

by Anonymousreply 70February 11, 2024 11:06 PM

See? I don't get this having eggs on top of a green salad.I know it's been a thing for a while and it's popular but I could never eat an egg on top of a salad. I'm old fashioned.

by Anonymousreply 71February 11, 2024 11:09 PM

An omelet with diced ham and green peppers with salsa on top.

by Anonymousreply 72February 11, 2024 11:10 PM

I find that adding milk to scrambled eggs when beating them makes them come out fluffier.

by Anonymousreply 73February 11, 2024 11:15 PM

R73 I use milk and I agree with you.Someone once told me water was better, but I tried it and found it did not do the job.

by Anonymousreply 74February 11, 2024 11:17 PM

I like fried, scrambled and boiled. No soft boiled, no over easy, no gooey scrambled. My eggs gotta be cooked till dry as a bone! or I will feel nauseous and/or gag. I don't even like looking a runny yolk eggs on cooking shows, etc... nasty.

by Anonymousreply 75February 11, 2024 11:20 PM

^ I have a visceral response to underdone egg too, but I've mellowed with age to allow very slightly runny fried egg and slightly less than hard boiled egg.

by Anonymousreply 76February 11, 2024 11:35 PM

I'm with you on the soufflé thing, R68. A wonderful way to use eggs! For any here who doesn't know, a soufflé is a thick white sauce folded into stiffly-beaten egg whites with some sort of flavor (cheese, spinach, mushroom, whatever). Contrary to popular myth, they are actually quite simple to make and will not fall when someone closes a cupboard door too hard or anything like that. They are perfect for a last-minute thing, as you almost always have the ingredients on hand - and guests usually make a fuss over them as though they were hard to make.

by Anonymousreply 77February 11, 2024 11:36 PM

I need to take note of all these ideas! I've developed severe GI issues and eggs are one of the few things I can eat without terrible repercussions, so I need to come up with something other than bland scrambled eggs and egg salad.

by Anonymousreply 78February 11, 2024 11:38 PM

Deviled eggs topped with salmon roe

A soufflé with sharp cheddar

Poached over smoked salmon and a toasted English muffin with a hollandaise, carbonara or champagne sauce

Sunny-side up with breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast

A soft velvety scramble with extra yolks added, country biscuits and sausage links

Broken atop hot angel hair pasta and stirred quickly through with butter, parsley, capers, black olives and diced smoked ham

Soft boiled on toasted brioche with a dash of cayenne and nutmeg

Raw as a Prairie Oyster with Worcester sauce, Tabasco and a splash of bourbon

As the cloud-like meringue atop a perfect lemon tart (extra yolks in the tart for color and richness)

Hard-boiled and sliced for a wedge salad along with buttermilk dressing, cherry tomatoes, sliced beets, cucumbers, red onion and bacon

Other than that, can't stand the things.

by Anonymousreply 79February 11, 2024 11:38 PM

I get the discomfort with undercooked eggs, but overcooked eggs are even nastier - hard, rubbery, and flavorless. A cook who can do eggs just right is worth his weight in gold.

by Anonymousreply 80February 11, 2024 11:39 PM

Over easy.

by Anonymousreply 81February 11, 2024 11:41 PM

I like my eggs baked -in a cake. Chocolate for choice. But the supreme egg cake is the classic angel food cake, which uses 12 egg whites. It is so much better than any mix/boxed/store-bought version! The challenge of making one isn't in baking the cake (it's very easy), but what to do with the dozen egg yolks afterward. Aside from making Hollandaise sauce for everything, you can also make a daffodil cake, which uses all twelve yolks!

DAFFODIL CAKE (CHIFFON)

12 egg yolks (left over from angel food cake)

1 1/2 c. sugar

1/2 c. boiling water

1 1/2 c. sifted cake flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. lemon or orange flavor

Beat egg yolks until very thick and lemon colored. Add sugar in small amounts and keep beating. Add boiling water and beat 30 seconds, add sifted dry ingredients gradually, then add flavorings, beat all well (about 5 minutes). Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour in an ungreased 10" or 12" angel food pan. Cool upside down before removing. This is a great party cake, as you can serve it plain or with whipped cream, berries, or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 82February 11, 2024 11:44 PM

My mom used to add milk to scrambled eggs to stretch them.

by Anonymousreply 83February 12, 2024 12:44 AM

[quote]I always put a splash of milk in my scrambled eggs.

A splash. Is that larger than a drizzle? How many drizzles in a splash?

by Anonymousreply 84February 12, 2024 12:46 AM

A splash is about a tablespoon, I think.

by Anonymousreply 85February 12, 2024 12:47 AM

R85, I've always thought of it as a bit more than a tablespoon.

A sloppy tablespoon.

by Anonymousreply 86February 12, 2024 12:56 AM

Spinach salad with red onions and hard boiled eggs, sliced or quartered, with vinaigrette dressing, like The Magic Pan used to make.

by Anonymousreply 87February 12, 2024 1:33 AM

I don't like milk, cream or water in scrambled eggs. I don't like them fluffy, they lose taste.

by Anonymousreply 88February 12, 2024 1:35 AM

(flavor)

by Anonymousreply 89February 12, 2024 1:35 AM

R88, if you add extra yolks, you don't lose the flavor.

by Anonymousreply 90February 12, 2024 1:47 AM

For scrambled eggs, pour milk in a half shell you’ve cracked until it is half full. That is the perfect amount for two scrambled eggs.

by Anonymousreply 91February 12, 2024 1:48 AM

R90 I don't like it with liquid added. I stopped doing it a long time ago. This Southern Living article sums it up and I've read many similar things elsewhere.

[quote] Milk won't make eggs creamier, fluffier, or stretch the dish out. The milk dilutes the eggs' flavor, making them rubbery, colorless, and similar to what you would find at a school cafeteria. When asked if adding milk to scrambled eggs is a good idea, Robby Melvin, Southern Living Test Kitchen Director, simply and unequivocally said, "Nope."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 12, 2024 1:55 AM

Yeah, I don't think that either milk or water are required for scrambled eggs.

At the same time, I don't think all that butter is required, either. Eggs are rich enough without adding 3 Tbsp. of butter. That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 93February 12, 2024 2:05 AM

I have never met an egg I didn't like except for eggs Benedict. I have never eaten that because the sight of hollandaise sauce grosses me out.

I love quiche, egg sandwiches, fried eggs, scrambled eggs- love them all. I like an egg in my ramen. Just good all around. I do prefer a bit of hot sauce and/or ketchup on my scrambled or omelet.

by Anonymousreply 94February 12, 2024 2:14 AM

Scrambled in fried rice

by Anonymousreply 95February 12, 2024 2:14 AM

Bacon egg and cheese on a Kaiser roll. So simple, so perfect, so ubiquitous in the NYC metro area that you don’t appreciate it until you can’t find anything like it when you’re somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 96February 12, 2024 2:33 AM

Scrambled eggs with cheese, and homemade biscuits and honey.

by Anonymousreply 97February 12, 2024 2:41 AM

I guess I’m weird. I don’t like pepper on my scrambled eggs, just salt, but I like both on my fried eggs.

Being vegetarian, I do eat a lot of eggs. Usually scrambled, often with a little cheese and a little Duke’s mayonnaise. Served with MorningStar veggie sausage, avocado slices, and sriracha.

I have been TRYING to perfect an over-medium egg, but so far I’m not so great at it. Neither are most restaurant cooks—I rarely get one cooked right.

I also love boiled eggs, but I hate the peeling, because I always fuck them up.

by Anonymousreply 98February 12, 2024 3:20 AM

Oh shit, my signature was supposed to be NOT a great cook. I guess I suck at posting, too!

by Anonymousreply 99February 12, 2024 3:21 AM

The purpose of adding a small bit of water to scrambled eggs is to make them fluffier. The water in the hot mixture converts to steam which adds some lift. For three eggs you just use a teaspoon of water and a tablespoon of butter. When the butter just begins to stop foaming in the pan, add the eggs (water already stirred in). Let it set for a few seconds, then start shaking the pan. Stir gently with a rubber spatula or fork. Take the pan off the heat before the eggs are fully cooked, as they will continue to cook in the pan due to residual heat.

by Anonymousreply 100February 12, 2024 3:22 AM

I don't care if my eggs are fluffy. I just want them soft scrambled in medium-sized curds.

by Anonymousreply 101February 12, 2024 3:33 AM

I had a whole bunch (like almost a dozen) leftover egg whites from making three batches of lemon bars, so I made a mostly egg-white cheese omelet (I added one yolk to about three egg whites). Plain egg-white omelets are pretty gross, but adding the yolk made it tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 102February 12, 2024 4:12 AM

Scrambled to the point that you can’t even tell they’re eggs.

Eggs that look like eggs make me squeamish.

by Anonymousreply 103February 12, 2024 4:33 AM

R56 hell, hunny. Let’s get married!

by Anonymousreply 104February 12, 2024 5:34 AM

I posted the Chet Baker stuff. But, what I really like to listen to while making breakfast for my friends is Errol Garner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 12, 2024 5:39 AM

Another good tune to prepare breakfast for someone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 12, 2024 5:47 AM

Made eggs to this, too. Always making eggs.

by Anonymousreply 107February 12, 2024 5:52 AM

Rockin eggs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 12, 2024 5:53 AM

Daffodil sandwich:

Toasted English muffin, buttered

Ripe avocado, mashed with salt and pepper

Hard boiled egg, sliced

Top muffin with avocado; top avocado with egg

Cram into pie-hole

by Anonymousreply 109February 12, 2024 6:50 AM

Over easy, poached or scrambled.

by Anonymousreply 110February 12, 2024 7:41 AM

[quote]Being vegetarian, I do eat a lot of eggs.

Who wants to tell him?

by Anonymousreply 111February 12, 2024 8:54 AM

R92's post once again demonstrates that Southerners don't know shit.

by Anonymousreply 112February 12, 2024 1:04 PM

Tell him what, r111? Vegetarians eat eggs, dairy, and honey. Just not animals themselves. Vegans don't eat anything that comes from an animal.

by Anonymousreply 113February 12, 2024 3:22 PM

Sunday morning, my omelette made with broccoli, mushrooms, onions and cheddar cheese, a fresh hot croissant with orange marmalade, the very best hot coffee, and Sarah Vaughan

by Anonymousreply 114February 12, 2024 3:43 PM

What did Sarah taste like?

by Anonymousreply 115February 12, 2024 3:45 PM

Fishy.

by Anonymousreply 116February 12, 2024 4:32 PM

Chicken embryos are vegetables?

Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 117February 12, 2024 5:21 PM

I'm against abortion.

by Anonymousreply 118February 12, 2024 5:36 PM

Then eat chicken.

by Anonymousreply 119February 12, 2024 8:40 PM

R84, hard to quantify, but not much. Less than a tablespoon for one serving.

Another way I like eggs is in Spanish omelette. The diced potatoes have to be crispy and Catalan style (with onions) makes it nicer.

by Anonymousreply 120February 12, 2024 8:57 PM

I just hate anything tomatoey with my eggs. I just do.

by Anonymousreply 121February 12, 2024 9:11 PM

Made out of jade or rose quartz and stuffed up my mussy.

by Anonymousreply 122February 12, 2024 9:26 PM

Oliver Quick likes them sunny side up ( or is it over easy?) But not runny……

The eggs are made for you . Everything ELSE is on the side . Farleigh

by Anonymousreply 123February 12, 2024 9:32 PM

I suck them raw out of the shells, of course.

You do mean turtle eggs, don't you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 124February 13, 2024 2:01 AM

I like raw sucking, too!

by Anonymousreply 125February 13, 2024 2:42 AM

[quote] I have been TRYING to perfect an over-medium egg, but so far I’m not so great at it. Neither are most restaurant cooks—I rarely get one cooked right.

This really shouldn't be hard to do. My advice: take the eggs out of the fridge as soon as you realize that you want to eat eggs. Go take a shower, etc. I.e., get those eggs as close to room temperature as possible.

Use some oil and, if you have it, a cast iron pan. Heat somewhere between low and medium, closer to medium. Keep an eye on the yolk. When the yolk is about halfway to where you want it, flip it over.

Take it off the heat.

Eat.

by Anonymousreply 126February 13, 2024 3:17 AM

I have to second R126 for his/her advice of using a cast iron pan.

They are my cuisine light saber.

by Anonymousreply 127February 13, 2024 3:52 AM

I do just fine without cast iron.

by Anonymousreply 128February 13, 2024 3:50 PM

I do fine with most forms of eggs. If scrambled, I don't like them too wet, more on the done side and NO CHEESE in them. I don't want chives, keep that shit away from me.

If an omelette, I need cheese / fillings on the inside, not outside or as a topper. The fillings need to be warm and blend with the folded egg.

If fried, over medium.

Hard Boiled, yes. Soft boiled, yes.

Not a big fan of poached unless in a benedict or other dish where the yolk melts into other things.

by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2024 3:55 PM

Sunny side up or basted.

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2024 4:55 PM

Pretty much every dish benefits from starting with eggs at room temperature.

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2024 6:26 PM

Unfertilized.

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2024 7:03 PM

If cheats, you should scramble his huevos.

by Anonymousreply 133February 13, 2024 8:42 PM

I like cheese omelettes with salsa on the side.

by Anonymousreply 134February 13, 2024 9:59 PM

Over easy, like my men.

by Anonymousreply 135February 13, 2024 10:02 PM

Please 'splain basted, R130.

Not familiar. Pardon my ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 136February 14, 2024 2:03 AM

There’s a dessert in Belgium that is made as a dessert, using sugar. Can’t think of the name right now…

by Anonymousreply 137February 14, 2024 12:36 PM

OK. Enough with the eggs shit.

by Anonymousreply 138February 14, 2024 3:22 PM

Oeufs à la neige

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 14, 2024 3:34 PM

R138, what the fuck did you think this thread was going to be about?? If you don't like talking about eggs, go to another thread.

by Anonymousreply 140February 14, 2024 5:30 PM

R140, I don't want to go to another thread. I want to stay right here and annoy you.

by Anonymousreply 141February 14, 2024 5:47 PM

R141, throw a few eggs while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 142February 14, 2024 6:36 PM

Mixed with a little Ranch dressing and scrambled hard.

by Anonymousreply 143February 14, 2024 9:08 PM

ALONE!

by Anonymousreply 144February 15, 2024 4:14 PM

In a hysterectomy medical waste bucket.

by Anonymousreply 145February 15, 2024 4:23 PM

I don't eat nothin' comes shootin' outa a chicken's ass.

by Anonymousreply 146February 15, 2024 4:27 PM

Soft scrambled eggs, per the best TV chefs: bring a small pan to very low heat with some butter. Beat eggs in a separate bowl with no other liquid. Pour eggs in, let set for 30 seconds, or less, then keep moving them slowly with a rubber spatula until just before they look done - they'll still be a bit wet. Transfer to a plate - they will still steam for another 30-60 seconds. Sprinkle on a bit of S&P to taste. Perfect.

Perfect poached eggs: Bring eggs to room temperature. Bring unsalted water just to a boil in a 2-4 qt saucepan, then turn to low, add a tablespoon of vinegar. Crack one egg into a ramekin or small bowl, Swirl the water with a fork or spoon to make a vortex, then pour an egg into the middle. Swirl the water gently again to keep it spinning slowly. This will help keep the whites into a cohesive ball, rather than a stringy mess. Poach for a total of about 4-6 minutes, then remove with a wire basket laddle and set onto paper towels on a plate to blot away the water, then roll it onto an English muffin, toast, some creamed spinach, a Yak's bladder, or whatever TF you want. The poached egg will look perfect, with cooked, non-rubbery white, no strings, and a nice, runny yolk. If feeding a large Drag Brunch crowd, you can use a much larger pot of simmering water and add multiple eggs, one at a time, each cracked into its own ramekin. But you have to work fast, and keep that water swirling! Swirl, girls, swirl!

My huzbear and I have guest Brunch down to a science. We have insulated hot pots of coffee and steamed half and half, a basket of mini-muffins, a Crockpot full of home fries O'Brien, a bowl of fruit salad, a bowl of yougurt, a plate of sliced avocadoes, and bottles of champagne and OJ on ice already on the table while our guests get stoned. A stack of warmed, ceramic plates in the oven. We have bowls of cooked spinach, chopped smoked salmon, and slices of Canadian bacon on the counter; Hollandaise sauce in a double boiler on the stove. He'll hand me a plate with the toasted English Muffins and whatever topping, then I roll over the poached eggs and top with sauce. Assembly takes under 5-7 minutes for 12 people, so we get to eat and gossip at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 147February 15, 2024 6:03 PM

In my egg basket

by Anonymousreply 148February 15, 2024 6:08 PM

I confess to being a food snob. You can judge a restaurant or cruise ship by how they do their eggs. You'd think you can't do much to scrambled eggs, but god help you you can.

by Anonymousreply 149February 15, 2024 10:01 PM

Too many restaurants use powdered eggs. That's why when I eat at these inexpensive little breakfast paces I always get my eggs up or over easy. Even poached with hash.But never scrambled.

by Anonymousreply 150February 15, 2024 11:05 PM

Cruise ships use powdered eggs in their buffet. I know that Carnival does.

by Anonymousreply 151February 15, 2024 11:16 PM

Why would a little breakfast place that serves a lot of eggs in various styles then use powdered eggs for their scrambled eggs?

by Anonymousreply 152February 15, 2024 11:28 PM

People really over-complicate scrambled eggs.

by Anonymousreply 153February 15, 2024 11:33 PM

Gently coddled, preferably right after a blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 154February 15, 2024 11:48 PM

You'll find the scrambled eggs are from powdered egg on Carnival, NCL, and Royal Caribbean. Actual whole eggs on Celebrity and Cunard (generally higher-end lines). I've not scene local diners and cafes use powdered eggs, but it's not a reach. In my area there is a chain of breakfast-only restaurants called The Broken Yolk. You would think with that name and business model they would know how to make eggs, but their omelets are truly disgusting -over-cooked to the point of being rubbery with a hard crust. My complaints about the "Hollandaise sauce" they served led to a discussion with the cook. As I suspected, their sauce was made from a powdered mix -and he was adamant that lemon had no place in a Hollandaise sauce. It was supposed to be gray...

by Anonymousreply 155February 16, 2024 1:00 AM

I used to judge Vegas breakfast buffets by whether they served real bacon or (yech!) Sizzlean.

by Anonymousreply 156February 16, 2024 1:27 AM

Teabagged.

by Anonymousreply 157February 16, 2024 1:49 AM

My criteria for a breakfast jint is how good is their coffee and how good is their bacon. And do they get it right when I tell them I want my eggs over medium, that is cooked but the yolk still kind of runny.

by Anonymousreply 158February 16, 2024 2:00 AM

Scrambled with dill and feta cheese.

by Anonymousreply 159February 16, 2024 2:13 AM

[quote]My criteria for a breakfast jint is how good is their coffee and how good is their bacon. And do they get it right when I tell them I want my eggs over medium, that is cooked but the yolk still kind of runny.

I ask for sunny side up eggs and if they have done them incorrectly (on a griddle) and have uncooked white around the yolk I know their chef is a novice.

by Anonymousreply 160February 16, 2024 3:47 AM

I like scrambling it with that meatless chorizo from Trader Joe’s.

by Anonymousreply 161February 16, 2024 4:10 AM

Don't order an omelet at IHOP. I like savory breakfasts, not pancakes and waffles. So, I ordered an omelet at IHOP. The egg was awful. I learned later that they use a ladle-full of pancake batter in the scrambled egg (for the omelets).

by Anonymousreply 162February 16, 2024 4:35 AM

Why r162? That sounds nasty af.

by Anonymousreply 163February 16, 2024 9:22 AM

[quote] the Omelettes contain wheat and gluten as they are made with a splash of Buttermilk Pancake batter to create a light, fluffy Omelette. The same batter is also used in our Burritos and Bowls. The Scrambled Eggs do not contain Buttermilk Pancake batter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 16, 2024 3:47 PM

Sorry op that personal.

by Anonymousreply 165February 16, 2024 8:53 PM

Cadbury'd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 16, 2024 9:05 PM

OK. I'm going to do something I haven't done in years. I'm going to MacDonald's on Saturday morning before I start running my errands, and I'm going to order a Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit. I have a craving. Has anyone tried one recently? Are they as good as I remember or was I too drunk.

by Anonymousreply 167February 16, 2024 9:45 PM

IHOP uses the pancake batter in their omelets to save money. A scoop of batter makes it the equivalent of one egg larger. It also toughens the eggs. If you want pancakes, IHOP is fine. If you want an omelet, make it at home.

by Anonymousreply 168February 16, 2024 10:55 PM

If you go to McD’s for breakfast, I would order the Egg McMuffin and 3 hash browns. I love the hash browns, more than the French fries, probably.

by Anonymousreply 169February 16, 2024 11:43 PM

[quote]I'm going to do something I haven't done in years. I'm going to MacDonald's

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 170February 17, 2024 12:16 AM

Turned into French toast, à la Dan Souza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2024 12:25 AM

R162 - IHOP?! Oh honey. Was the local Perkins closed?

by Anonymousreply 172February 17, 2024 1:23 PM

Attached to dipshit astronauts.

by Anonymousreply 173February 18, 2024 12:13 AM

This is slightly off-topic, but I was on vacation with a friend once who asked how he could make over-easy fried eggs at home. (Frankly, they are usually prepared horribly at restaurants anyway). It's really very simple. Get a nice non-stick frying pan. Put a generous pat of butter in it and turn up the heat. Crack your eggs into the melting butter. Take a lid (it doesn't need to fit your pan, as long as it completely covers your eggs). Pour in about one tablespoon of water (no more than that) and clap the lid over the eggs. In about 60 seconds, the eggs will start to film over. In about 120 seconds or a bit more, the egg yolks will have a firm covering. Everyone has different opinions about how runny the egg yolks should be in fried eggs over easy, but I prefer that they not be overly runny. You can start checking them after about 1 1/2 minutes. You can control the amount of runny-ness of the egg yolks from very runny to nearly cooked through - it just depends on how long you cook them under the lld. . Remove carefully with a non-scratching spatula. (You don't want to disturb the egg yolks if you have left them somewhat runny). Season lightly with fresh -cracked pepper and a small amount of salt. Perfection.

My friend was very grateful for this information and has used it to make eggs ever since.

by Anonymousreply 174February 18, 2024 6:02 AM

PS. Although I discovered this method on my own, it is used by many thousands of cooks, as the following recipe link will show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 18, 2024 6:08 AM

Julia shows you how.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 18, 2024 1:14 PM

But, but if you don't turn them over they're not "OVER easy." They're not over at all!

by Anonymousreply 177February 18, 2024 1:16 PM

[quote] Put a generous pat of butter in it and turn up the heat. Crack your eggs into the melting butter.

You type fat.

by Anonymousreply 178February 18, 2024 3:42 PM

Julia sounds like she needs to change her panties after eating those eggs.

by Anonymousreply 179February 18, 2024 3:48 PM

r177, of course, you're correct. Over easy means eggs turned over. However, that name and method only came about because of dissatisfaction with fried eggs sunny side up, which almost always meant that when eggs were served, the whites were not finished cooking and the yolks were definitely runny to the point of often breaking before being served. Over easy is an imperfect solution to these two problems, (lots of fails on the turn over, and inability to gauge when the yolks have reached the desired runny-ness, whereas the steam fried eggs are always perfect.

by Anonymousreply 180February 18, 2024 9:44 PM

I fell down last winter.

by Anonymousreply 181February 18, 2024 9:49 PM

[quote] steam fried eggs

I'd serve those with my steamed ham family recipe. From Albany.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 19, 2024 10:11 PM

I like them over easy with bacon. Also hard boiled with salt.

Scrambled is ok too.

I used to get soft boiled made for me as a kid and loved it, but I’m too lazy to go through the process of eating them now.

by Anonymousreply 183February 19, 2024 10:28 PM

My mom used to serve me a soft boiled egg in an egg cup. Those were the days. Remember the egg timer? Do people still have those.

by Anonymousreply 184February 19, 2024 10:47 PM

R184, my mom also used to serve me a soft boiled egg in an egg cup which as a little kid I thought was so elegant. When I was home sick from school she would serve it to me on a bed tray. She used to let me spend the day in my parents bed so I could watch TV (I Love Lucy, Family Affair, That Girl, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie) and talk to my Nana on the phone in bed.

Despite fond memories of soft boiled eggs, I do not care for them now. I do have a few egg cups though.

by Anonymousreply 185February 19, 2024 11:15 PM

For my vegan friends, who just don’t eat eggs, I recommend a tofu scramble. For one person, I take a 1/4 block and crumble loosely. Silken is more “eggy”. Add chopped bell pepper, onion and mushrooms. Just enough salt, some combo soy sauce and salt but small amounts so you don’t have a heart attack. Season with salt pepper and garlic. Add turmeric and a tiny bit of cumin. Drizzle oil or facilitating the cooking of it. You can make it in fry pan or premake it ahead overnight so the ingredients all meld together. Comes out good but be careful of too much cumin.

by Anonymousreply 186February 19, 2024 11:30 PM

Yes, I use Julia's method at R176 and find it practically foolproof. Steaming fried eggs isn't necessary, but I imagine it helps to regulate and spread the heat evenly in the covered pan.

by Anonymousreply 187February 19, 2024 11:43 PM

How do you like your pussy?

Just fine.

by Anonymousreply 188February 20, 2024 12:02 AM

I don’t anymore. When I did, I had to have them scrambled dry

by Anonymousreply 189February 20, 2024 12:11 AM

I fry up a couple strips of bacon, then do sunny side up cooking the eggs in the bacon grease and basting them. It is the perfect cure for a hang over. I have some good homemade whole wheat bread toasted, and a tall cold Bloody Mary and I feel great.

by Anonymousreply 190February 20, 2024 12:12 AM

[quote] which almost always meant that when eggs were served, the whites were not finished cooking and the yolks

Which is why you properly make them by spooning hot oil over the eggs as you cook them. If the whites are uncooked then whoever is making it doesn’t know what they’re doing.

by Anonymousreply 191February 20, 2024 12:24 AM

Has anybody mentioned a cheese omelette?

by Anonymousreply 192February 20, 2024 2:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!