Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heartstopper

Joe on stage through May 5, Kit on screen soon but first in Tesco’s

by Anonymousreply 601February 12, 2024 6:11 PM

Throuple dreams (Will also welcome to join)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 11, 2024 12:57 AM

Last thread. I beg you, please no one bring over the argument of who is the main character of s1. Dull

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 11, 2024 12:59 AM

Poor Lisa catching strays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2024 1:07 AM

Yes to the throuple. Joe needs to take inspiration from the nice, cool elder gays he's getting to know in NY and leave Fossil under ground where he belongs.

A final note about the last thread - I'm sorry if my observation about one of them holding back a bit more -not how they sell it! strictly the use of their lips- during some kissing scenes came across as me shitting on Joe, because it was absolutely not made with that intention. Just like me saying the hickey scene wasn't believable isn't shitting on Kit. Especially when I'm saying in the same posts that I love them both, Joe's my favorite, they have great chemistry, great body language AND LOTS OF GREAT KISSING SCENES. I'm in this thread talking about this at all because I'm a fan and I think they've done a great fucking job with HS.

But there's a team preparing and watching intimacy moments before, during and after they film. So what I AM saying is that I was surprised they didn't do a re-take of a few of the kisses/chose another take to keep it more consistent throughout the season, just like I don't get why they didn't do the same with the hickey scene instead of keeping in the one take where Kit couldn't possibly be sucking on Joe's neck.

Nobody else here agrees with me on this, totally fine. But there are actual Joe haters out there to get angry about instead of wasting energy on my nit-picking how imo they could've improved a handful of kissing scenes by like 20% ffs - (hi Lee)

I'll make sure to be extra careful with my wording next time and I'll move on from this now because I don't want to clog a new thread with this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2024 1:07 AM

R3 I'll defend her since not sure where anyone got she was stalking Joe. She got two pics with him at the same time and was just there to see the show and then left town. Maybe confused with someone else.

by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2024 1:09 AM

R4 ok I mean not gonna argue about this further, appreciate the substance of what you said, but it’s dumb to say “there are REAL joe haters focus on them”. When people on here say cunty shit we can call it out and not be like well you’re no Lexie or Karen so it’s ok. You worded it in a hugely dickish way. Just apologizing, saying it was shitty to imply Joe is the worse actor, can’t commit to scenes when he has a boyfriend, needs the director to step in, and literally took you out of scenes, and saying you won’t say similarly rude shit in the future is fine. You legit worded it poorly, which we’ve anll done, and sounded like a dick. If it’s not intended, apologize and explain, don’t imply we’re all assholes for hating your wording. I say this having apologized on here plenty for rude wording or unintended dismissiveNess. We all fuck up, just own it

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 1:11 AM

Don’t apologize. It’s not your fault these Joe stans can’t handle the truth. Miserable people.

by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2024 1:12 AM

(And will add I still strongly disagree, have rewatched all those scenes, and Joe in no way holds back).

by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2024 1:14 AM

R8 Lmao oh, but he does!! Cry about it.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2024 1:16 AM

Ngl if the bash troll was agreeing with me I’d prob be like you know what yeah I fucked up and clearly said that terribly if she’s cheering me on for it but that’s just me

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2024 1:18 AM

R10 If I were you I would shut up and get a job

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2024 1:24 AM

R6 I guess it's a matter of tone as well. Like I said before, the Bash comment for example was just a dumb joke. And the rest was me trying to describe the technicalities of Joe's acting during the kissing choreography, which from the general response came across as me shitting on Joe like it's not something he's capable of - as opposed to shitting on Euros and Thackeray, who would be the ones supervising the look of what ends up in the cut.

Once again, I'm sorry that the way I phrased my comment made the impression that I was saying Kit's a better actor, which is not even my actual opinion of their acting in general, as I prefer Joe's acting, tho they're equally talented.

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2024 1:29 AM

R10 If it's about the kissing thing I have Lee/Bash troll on ignore, so I wouldn't know. But Lee will join in with any argument that can be remotely angled in a way to momentarily shit on Joe, so I'm not surprised. I'll be more mindful of that from now on for sure.

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 1:34 AM

R12 as I said we’ve all worded things in dickish ways and I’ve had to make my apologies too. I just think you have to be able to reread your comment and realize how clearly shitty it comes across to literally compare Joe and Kit head to head, say Kit committed more, and joes lack of commitment took you out. It is rude. I can believe it’s not what you meant but it was rude, and I don’t think starting off the next thread by not just owning that but instead saying “I’m not as bad as Lee so don’t shit on me for shitting on joe” is fair. Just dont compare them to say one was worse or “took you out” or “committed less”.

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2024 1:35 AM

Sorry, the sheer coincidence of "mocha joe" has me laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2024 1:36 AM

Lmao now it’s forbidden to say Kit is better but it’s fine to say Joe is. Bunch of miserable, bitter fraus.

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2024 1:36 AM

R15 god bless. Bash doesn’t seem self aware enough to go to therapy though who knows

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2024 1:40 AM

R17 Somehow my brain went to TSwift saying her mom is her therapist.

And okay, one benefit of this kissing fiasco is that I'm thinking of the thread where we ranked our top 5 kisses. They should ask Joe and Kit to rank their favourites someday.

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2024 1:44 AM

I do feel bad a little for clowning Charlie but I hope his show acting is better than his tiktok acting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2024 1:45 AM

R17 Not you saying this when your fave is obsessed with dating men 20 years older than him? Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2024 1:47 AM

R19 His acting is as good as his singing

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2024 1:49 AM

R21 this is a read but he should’ve strategized more as an influencer. Hes pretty and a great artist. Doing a lot of speed runs of him painting or drawing and explaining his process plus some modeling would’ve been a better niche I think he could legit grow in versus sometimes painting, sometimes staring vapidly at the camera, making 1000 tiktoks with his mid songs, or “acting”. The most successful influencers understand how to grow in their lane

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2024 1:52 AM

Imagine coming for Charlie and thinking it makes you look good. You just look deeply bitter Lmao. Sorry Bash won the breakup.

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 1:53 AM

R22 Baby, Charlie is rich. He doesn’t need to do anything. You can’t relate.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 1:54 AM

R22 There's a couple guys who do thirst trap pottery. He should do that with painting. But i'm gonna roast some rich kid who can dabble in acting and singing when he clearly can do neither. He should focus on what he actually has talent in. He has a husband to take care who is unemployed and has no skills.

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2024 1:59 AM

R25 Tell your fave to book therapy sessions and modeling sessions although don’t think there’s much he can do. Tragic twink death.

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 2:02 AM

R19 His eyes are so vacant.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 2:07 AM

I’m a little sad Filmupdates didn’t post Kit’s latest insta post. They also didn’t post about Wild Robots. Wonder if they’re over their Kit obsession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2024 2:07 AM

Fraulein I can't hear you over the sound of my fav just finishing his second show of the day on Broadway.

Joe and Maria Bilbao seem to get the most praise from random people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 2:07 AM

R29 I think it’s a combo of a few things for that. First, they’re genuinely insanely talented. Secondly, they’re very young: Broadway fans also shout out John Rapson as Beadle a lot and he is fantastic but I think he’s in his late 30s and seeing young 20s or barely 20 wunderkinds is exciting. Thirdly, for those who don’t know who they are going in, they expect a lot from Sutton and Aaron so anyone else killing it is a nice surprise and stands out. But fourthly, for those who “know” who Joe is but aren’t fans (so people who know he’s a teen Netflix star), they’re probably expecting a stunt casting where maybe he’s got an okay voice or even a nice one but was hired for his fame as opposed to a fucking gorgeous, powerful voice.

Also Joe is one hell of an actor and I fully believe Maria is too

by Anonymousreply 30February 11, 2024 2:11 AM

R28 He needs to mention Paul

by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2024 2:12 AM

R14 I'm sorry that I wasn't able to articulate my opinion -unpopular as it may be- in a way that wouldn't give the impression that I was saying Joe is a worse actor, which again is the opposite of what I actually think of him and not the point I was going for.

Imo Joe is the standout of the show and he's extremely talented. I started posting on here precisely because it's a refreshingly pro Joe space of mostly queer men. It's not just that I'm not a Bash troll, all my posts so far have been defending Joe (and against the trolls). I feel shitty that a dumb observation has left people with a bad taste because that's not my intent at all when I post here. Lesson learned.

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2024 2:15 AM

R29 Of course you can’t. You're a typical obsessed fat frau who thinks if she keeps proclaiming this obvious Nancy Boy is pussy hounds then in your fantasy he may deign to fuck you. Not gonna happen Tiny.

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2024 2:16 AM

R32 as I said, we’ve all said dumb shit including myself. I can fully believe it wasn’t your intent. just don’t think it was fair to act like we all piled on for nothing when the original comment legit did say kit did a better job than joe and joe took you out of it. It reads really crappy.

You’ve clarified, I get what you were trying to say even if I still strongly disagree and Joe committed equally, all good

by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2024 2:18 AM

Apparently, not thinking Joe is the greatest actor in the world in every scene is a criminal offense in Frauville. Lmao!!

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2024 2:21 AM

R28 He won't post it about The Wild Robot until there's an official announcement. DiscussingFilm is more flexible about that kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2024 2:21 AM

Not this girl getting upset about being “subtweeted”. Since she lurks here I’ll say it to her directly: if you really do care about Joe you’d have left up the tweets apologizing and saying you were in the wrong to say he blocked a sexual assault survivor, explaining you shouldn’t have said that, and owned your mistake instead of adding him to your stan card hastily after he got more popular on broadway.

Btw girl since you hastily made a will update account after people rightfully pointed out you said you stanned him but only talked about Kit, where is it? I see your Kit update account in your carrd but funnily enough not the will or wasia one you said you cared about. Be a solo stan if you want, I don’t mind. Don’t make shit up about Joe to justify it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 11, 2024 2:23 AM

R28 Pretty sure they posted him at the Loewe show. He’s never really been one of the actors they post just to thirst over randomly.

by Anonymousreply 38February 11, 2024 2:25 AM

Everyone looking at him so fondly and Ruthie clearly being so affectionate with him.

They should take out a hit on nosferatu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 11, 2024 2:30 AM

R37 Joe stans = This fandom is so homophobic! They never talk about my fave Joe Locked :( A fan starts posting about him and praising him = She’s a fake!! She never liked him like ME! How dare she??!!

by Anonymousreply 40February 11, 2024 2:31 AM

R37 It's real wild to pretend to be a fan now after you didn't care about him in HS. So his acting in your fav show HS didn't do it for you, but a musical you haven't seen totally changed your mind

by Anonymousreply 41February 11, 2024 2:33 AM

R41 honestly don’t even mind them liking him more as a result. I really like Yaz and think she has a lot of potential but she’s not my fav; if she did a project I loved and killed it in she’d probably increase for me so fair enough. It’s the shitting on him and saying something as genuinely awful as “he blocked and ignored a sexual assault survivor”, deleting the tweet she admitted she was wrong in, and then acting like the victim because she’s “always” supported Joe. Generally I don’t accuse the people I support of being abuse apologists, especially when they’re the most outspoken political advocate aside from Kizzy probably in the vast

by Anonymousreply 42February 11, 2024 2:36 AM

It's deranged that even calling Joe "the standout of the show" when he's not by any quantifiable metric — critical acclaim, awards, social media following, press, what have you — saves you from being accused of being a Joe hater. That's not normal.

by Anonymousreply 43February 11, 2024 2:36 AM

R43 Kit won the Emmy but somehow you’re a hater if you think he’s the stronger actor. Deranged.

by Anonymousreply 44February 11, 2024 2:39 AM

Muriel really doesn't need another 1.99.

by Anonymousreply 45February 11, 2024 2:40 AM

Jesus fucking Christ how many accounts are these creeps gonna make? Darfur orphan and Muriel are eating good

For the record r32 I did not say or think you were a Joe hater, I said it was poorly worded and I get how you meant it even if I still disagree. Not sure what the newest iteration of the bash troll is on about

by Anonymousreply 46February 11, 2024 2:42 AM

Oh yeah. Beware that if you come here and drop truth bombs, you’re automatically a troll.

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2024 2:45 AM

Fraulein has made 13/46 comments on this thread btw. Not counting the newest troll account which would push her to 14

by Anonymousreply 48February 11, 2024 2:49 AM

R48 Make that 14. Cry about it.

by Anonymousreply 49February 11, 2024 2:54 AM

The fact that it’s been a year since they’ve tweeted this. Wonder what’s going on with that movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 11, 2024 3:07 AM

It’s so embarrassing she keeps having to make alts. Tragic. Putting on ignore immediately, so a waste of $1.99

by Anonymousreply 51February 11, 2024 3:08 AM

Again, not me but feel free to put the whole thread on ignore to save you some time.

by Anonymousreply 52February 11, 2024 3:12 AM

Looking at Olivia's tour dates and she has four New York shows in April, the last two falling on Joe's days off. I wonder if he'll see a New York show or wait until her London shows mid-May.

Her New York shows are actually her last batch before she takes a break pre-Europe, so maybe she'll hang in NY for a couple of weeks and get to see Joe, either just to hang out or to watch him in Sweeney.

by Anonymousreply 53February 11, 2024 3:18 AM

R53 would guess he’ll go to NY and London both honestly

by Anonymousreply 54February 11, 2024 3:20 AM

Poor skittish lad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 11, 2024 3:21 AM

R54 Maybe so!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 11, 2024 3:23 AM

R55 I need to stage door to talk about Joe to the Security Guard

by Anonymousreply 57February 11, 2024 3:24 AM

R55 Never again?! After doing it once?? The jokes write themselves. So glad I don’t stan an ungrateful ass who thinks he’s better than everyone.

by Anonymousreply 58February 11, 2024 3:28 AM

R57 same. I want HIS autograph and his take on his skittish easily spooked charge

by Anonymousreply 59February 11, 2024 3:29 AM

Patti came to see him. Literally everyone who meets him adores him. And him pointing at her to say the cheering for her is so cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 11, 2024 3:31 AM

R60 Post the pic on IG Joe

by Anonymousreply 61February 11, 2024 3:32 AM

Good to know for people planning to see him. Joe won’t do stage door and can’t blame him looking at R60.

by Anonymousreply 62February 11, 2024 3:34 AM

Patti and Joe need to do Agatha promo together.

by Anonymousreply 63February 11, 2024 3:34 AM

R63 I need him paired up with literally every single woman to see them mother him live on stage but agreed Patti will be priceless. I still cackle at her talking about him with Hillary Clinton like Hillary would know who he was

by Anonymousreply 64February 11, 2024 3:36 AM

R60 Same sweater, no?

That's genuinely so lovely and also confirming our spec that more people would come see him after Feb 9th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 11, 2024 3:39 AM

I wonder about the stagedoor comments. I think he’ll still do them very occasionally but setting the expectation is good. It will clear the HS fans off too

by Anonymousreply 66February 11, 2024 3:39 AM

R66 I mean has he done any since? Don’t think it’s a bad think either way. Once I’m done work, I’m out the door.

by Anonymousreply 67February 11, 2024 3:41 AM

R66 grain of salt, but someone I know who went said the security people said the other day they didn’t know when Joe would do it and it was a day by day matter of luck thing if you’d see him because he got scared by the crowds. Also smart for him to not give a particular schedule regardless so people don’t think “it’s a Wednesday, he’ll come outside, I should go”

by Anonymousreply 68February 11, 2024 3:42 AM

R66 If he doesn't do it tomorrow or next Thursday I'll say he won't do many again.

by Anonymousreply 69February 11, 2024 3:43 AM

R63 As an Aubrey Plaza hater, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 70February 11, 2024 3:44 AM

R66 Last one he did was the 4th I think

by Anonymousreply 71February 11, 2024 3:46 AM

R70 I don’t hate her but the schtick is definitely overdone. I’m actually very curious about how they do press.

If they lean into the biggest current names for most late night shows, it’ll be Kathryn and Aubrey or Kathryn and Patti for most of them and Joe will do smaller bits of media, maybe with Ali or Sasheer, or things that they’re all at. If they’re strategizing to try to make Wiccan and Joe a bigger star, they’ll throw him in for some of the late nights too.

by Anonymousreply 72February 11, 2024 3:46 AM

R68 yeah, this is more what I mean. He might occasionally. I’m sad rope lines freak him out. It probably would have been a lot less overwhelming and shitty if Frauline and her cronies hadn’t been sending death threats to his employer for a month before he started. It will probably make him exceedingly crowd shy on top of his natural inclination

by Anonymousreply 73February 11, 2024 3:48 AM

R73 think he’s generally crowd shy and it does look like the crowd was (at least the night he met) extremely pushy. Theres that clip of him jumping back a bit and telling everyone to give one another room because they were crowding each other. Plus he is a natural introvert and I can see how a screaming horde is a lot even if he appreciates him. But yes the literal threats absolutely didn’t help. It’s still really sweet he goes out the stage door to wave goodbye

by Anonymousreply 74February 11, 2024 3:50 AM

I do wonder if Patti and Joe will be paired together because the dynamic of the youngest and oldest, the baby gay and gay icon, and just the fact they love each other. Marvel likes unusual combinations for promo. It’s one of the things they do well

by Anonymousreply 75February 11, 2024 3:52 AM

R75 oh yeah it would be a great dynamic and honestly a really solid “B squad”. Netflix lead coming off a great Broadway performance and Broadway icon are a pair a lot of chat shows would love

by Anonymousreply 76February 11, 2024 3:54 AM

I know we’ve mentioned Joe having sad Victorian orphan face before but this is next level

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 11, 2024 3:55 AM

R75 Kathryn/Aubrey and Joe/Patti sounds good. Joe and Patti can do show tunes together.

Need to hear her thoughts on Joe performance.

by Anonymousreply 78February 11, 2024 3:56 AM

It's been heavily hinted that Aubrey's character is a love interest for Agatha, right? Even if it's an estranged exes thing, that makes for a fun dynamic that queer fans will eat up in press, just like they'd eat up Patti and Joe.

by Anonymousreply 79February 11, 2024 3:57 AM

R50 Kit’s gonna look so young in that movie lol

by Anonymousreply 80February 11, 2024 3:57 AM

R78 she needs to get on insta live with him drunk STAT.

Anyway, Aaron signing playbills and then whooping for Patti and Joe doing his little toe walk to the car

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 11, 2024 3:57 AM

R79 Almost certainly confirmed they are exes

by Anonymousreply 82February 11, 2024 3:57 AM

Oh they love each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 11, 2024 4:00 AM

R78 The wildest timing is that earlier today, I saw someone use a picture of Patti as their wordless reaction to Sutton's Worst Pies in London. You can probably guess the emotion of the reaction.

by Anonymousreply 84February 11, 2024 4:00 AM

R81 must be amusing for Sutton and Aaron to see Patti loving Joe so much

by Anonymousreply 85February 11, 2024 4:01 AM

R85 two massive broadway names in their own right, plus other huge broadway people like Ruthie and very respected long working supporting cast. And the literal baby of the crew brings in “his friend Patti”. Honestly funny

by Anonymousreply 86February 11, 2024 4:03 AM

Patti will tell him 38 year olds who want to date him are grotesque and he can do better.

by Anonymousreply 87February 11, 2024 4:04 AM

R83 Never forget all the women and Joe locke.

Holding the door for him

R87 She got him to dump Bash, she can work her magic here too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 11, 2024 4:04 AM

I’m laughing at the incredibly snobby Broadway fans acting snotty “Patti did not come to see Joe Locke” when that is… literally the reason she went

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 11, 2024 4:05 AM

R80 young and with neck beard because hair and make-up on that movie hate me. I’ll not get slandered as a hater of Kit’s facial hair - I love it. I do, however, believe in shaving the neck as a matter of grooming. It probably outs me as millennial tbh

by Anonymousreply 90February 11, 2024 4:05 AM

Patti, Aubrey, Eric, Jeremy… No wonder this kid is dating an old creep! He only hangs out with people over 30. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 91February 11, 2024 4:05 AM

R89 They should hope and pray she doesn't roast Sutton and Aaron and shut up. Who did she walk out with

by Anonymousreply 92February 11, 2024 4:06 AM

R92 like they literally know she is there because of 3 videos of her walking out with Joe and right past Aaron. Logic isn’t their strong suit

by Anonymousreply 93February 11, 2024 4:08 AM

I mean going to see a show she’s famously performed in isn’t out of the ordinary but she did leave with her friend Joe so I’d say he was more than a contributing factor

by Anonymousreply 94February 11, 2024 4:08 AM

R92 Assume it's her husband, it's too soon for me to make a joke about it being Joe's new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 95February 11, 2024 4:09 AM

R95 I am in my bulk phase and referencing the crypt keeper is making it difficult for me to keep my calories up and not lose my appetite. Pls be more considerate.

by Anonymousreply 96February 11, 2024 4:10 AM

R94 Well, yeah though if she cared about ST she probably would have seen it before Joe came

by Anonymousreply 97February 11, 2024 4:11 AM

R88 Joe is literally younger than Bash but he acts like a 40 year old. Maybe that’s why the relationship didn’t work. Bash wanted to go out and live like he’s in his 20s not like he’s ready to retire.

by Anonymousreply 98February 11, 2024 4:15 AM

Sigh

by Anonymousreply 99February 11, 2024 4:16 AM

This person really can’t take the L

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 11, 2024 4:19 AM

Yet another angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101February 11, 2024 4:20 AM

R100 She was not there there for Sutton and Aaron, fucking idiot

And she could have left out the front door

by Anonymousreply 102February 11, 2024 4:21 AM

R100 Can't take the heat and deleted

by Anonymousreply 103February 11, 2024 4:22 AM

R102 they tweeted and deleted if it was just for Joe she would’ve gone before now so clearly she had reasons to wait and then tweeted this. I looked through their likes and they’re all just pics of Aaron. So clearly in their delusions about Aaron being the reason when Patti strolled right on past him outside to get into a car with Joe but ok. Can see why people hate Aaron fans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104February 11, 2024 4:24 AM

R104 Yeah, like Yaz went for Aaron too. Let Joe settle into the role and have his first week to get used to it and go like a reasonable friend. Tveit trash need to stop.

by Anonymousreply 105February 11, 2024 4:26 AM

R105 Patti also doesn’t live in NYC full time. Like they should take the L, gracefully say “my bad, cool for him he’s friends with a legend” and move on.

by Anonymousreply 106February 11, 2024 4:28 AM

R104 Joe stans are annoying. I can’t blame him. Look at this thread putting him on blast so the joe stan minions can harass him.

by Anonymousreply 107February 11, 2024 4:28 AM

To answer a question from the previous thread about The Wild Robot: The first screening was at 10:30 Pacific time Saturday morning and I believe the second screening was around 2 pm (didn't make note of the second screening so I'm doing my best to remember). I'm pretty sure my earlier assumption about NDAs and embargoes was correct because we haven't heard anything.

by Anonymousreply 108February 11, 2024 4:30 AM

R108

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 11, 2024 4:32 AM

R109 that girl is a cunt but I invite anyone from DL to play nice with her to slide into her DMs for details

by Anonymousreply 110February 11, 2024 4:33 AM

Confirmed that he's Brightbill and he uses an American accent, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 11, 2024 4:41 AM

It is legit really cute that multiple cast members have posted about meeting Patti already and are thrilled. Joe making dreams come true and collecting brownie points

by Anonymousreply 112February 11, 2024 4:42 AM

R111 glad my reading the book was a little useful. Hell kill. And excellent pic choice

by Anonymousreply 113February 11, 2024 4:42 AM

Yaz, Eric and Patti, who's going to be next to see Joe? We have 11 more weeks to go, from this time last year when we got nothing to this!!! Guranteed sightings. Just need Kit to appear and some insight into Kits next move?

by Anonymousreply 114February 11, 2024 4:43 AM

R113 absolutely hilarious/adorable choice of photo. How fucking great for him. Cant wait for it to be released

by Anonymousreply 115February 11, 2024 4:44 AM

R109 Being vague enough to skirt the NDA. I like it

R111 Thanks for the confirmation! I was also the one who wondered if he'd be using an American accent. Very curious to hear this.

Someone please tell me—are Americans really this prudish about 20 year old drinking? "The Broadway community will turn against it"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 11, 2024 4:45 AM

R114 Aubrey I guess and maybe Kathryn.

by Anonymousreply 117February 11, 2024 4:45 AM

R114 guessing we’ll see non famous friends and family next up as their breaks come up. Kit and Tobie at the end. Olivia likely in April. Would be surprised if Dylan didn’t go at some point. If Aubrey and or Kathryn are in NYC they’ll probably go too, and may see other nyc area Agatha cast there, think Maria dizzia commented she’d go.

And Connor and his mother lmao

by Anonymousreply 118February 11, 2024 4:46 AM

R116 I did a deep dive earlier and that account is a lunatic. Thinks kit and tobie are hiding their relationship and pities tobie for it. Has made weird backhanded comments about Joe. Seems to be an interesting character who dislikes both Kit AND Joe and maybe likes tobie?

by Anonymousreply 119February 11, 2024 4:47 AM

R116 Sort of? The issue is that serving minors is a misdemeanor and places can have their liquor licenses revoked or get shut down entirely for that. It's not really a Broadway community thing, not sure what the angle is there.

by Anonymousreply 120February 11, 2024 4:49 AM

Sure, girl. That’s why you said. The account is fucking crazy. Seems to almost hate them and wish them all the worst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 11, 2024 4:50 AM

I can confidently say the Broadway community is not banding together to exile Joe for one photo he did not post of him having what could be a cocktail or could be a glass of water with a Tony winning producer. I think Sweeney Todd will weather the storm of that scandal

by Anonymousreply 122February 11, 2024 4:50 AM

R116 You can't serve booze to underage people true unless your parents are there, but no Americans aren't that insane about it. Everyone has drunk before they are 21

Eric should be careful though posting since Joe's got some wild haters who might turn the bar in. not that you can prove it's Joe

by Anonymousreply 123February 11, 2024 4:53 AM

R123 I mean, Joe isn’t tagged in Eric’s post it was the other guy who reposted a story of a private account.

by Anonymousreply 124February 11, 2024 4:55 AM

R123 even if the 20 year olds parents are there, you can’t serve alcohol to people under 21. The biggest fine wouldn’t be on the minor, or the person who bought them the drink, it would be on the restaurant. Honestly, Joe and Yaz are likely drinking something nonalcoholic. I’m sure Joe has friends to buy him alcohol to drink in his apartment. But Eric is unlikely to buy a minor a drink at what is ostensively a work dinner.

by Anonymousreply 125February 11, 2024 5:00 AM

R125 yeah that’s also a place I recognize and is pretty common for pre or post theatre drinks and food so given the number of teenagers who go to shows, they likely card

by Anonymousreply 126February 11, 2024 5:02 AM

R123 I know, not a huge deal since you can't even tell he was drinking anyway. Just saying that woman is fucking crazy

by Anonymousreply 127February 11, 2024 5:02 AM

R126 It’s an exclusive place though. People need to chill. They all drink at events

by Anonymousreply 128February 11, 2024 5:05 AM

Thanks. I thought it seemed a bit extreme to say "the entire community will turn against" them. And agreed, there's no way to tell from a photo what Joe and Yaz are drinking.

by Anonymousreply 129February 11, 2024 5:06 AM

Poor girl on the Broadway subreddit missing some life updates.

R128 to be clear idgaf if they drink or not, they’re legal in England and have been drinking legally there for 2 years anyway. More meant that even if someone “tried to get the venue in trouble” they probably did actually card them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 11, 2024 5:09 AM

R130 The chipotle ad. Fate

by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2024 5:10 AM

One of the cutest Joe pics and captions yet

R131 he influenced me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2024 5:11 AM

Joe's caption on his story is so fucking cute

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2024 5:11 AM

R132 Everyone freaking loves him.

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2024 5:12 AM

Someone should tell Joe that the bitter Aaron fan posted upthread does NOT believe Patti came for Joe!

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2024 5:13 AM

I'm assuming people are already spamming R104 with Joe's Story.

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2024 5:13 AM

R136 not yet. Lurkers be the change you wish to see

by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2024 5:13 AM

R130 Even as a casual fan, you haven’t noticed that Joe and Bash haven’t interacted on social media for over a year? Shocking

by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2024 5:14 AM

R62 got your wish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2024 5:16 AM

Joe’s just going to collect women we call Mother. I see it in his future

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2024 5:17 AM

R140 Want him to collect hot boys too.

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2024 5:21 AM

R140 every female gay icon wants to mother joe or be his friend, every queer man wants to fuck him or insults him from jealousy. Iconic

by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2024 5:21 AM

R141 same, mate, same.

by Anonymousreply 143February 11, 2024 5:21 AM

R141 He's working on it. Got Kit, Tobie and Will

by Anonymousreply 144February 11, 2024 5:22 AM

Great pic of him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 11, 2024 5:24 AM

R111 Oh, he’s going to eat. American accent will be fun.

R130 Before I opened the screenshot I was expecting it to be someone not getting the Heartstopper reference. Expecting Bash to go in 2024 is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2024 5:24 AM

R131 art, really

by Anonymousreply 147February 11, 2024 5:39 AM

R142 Sure, babes. Wtv helps you sleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2024 5:42 AM

they left together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 11, 2024 5:49 AM

R111 The choice of picture with the wings is so cute, I love this account. Big shout-out to our guy that read the book and clocked Kit's role for us before it was official.

by Anonymousreply 150February 11, 2024 10:10 AM

The insta posts are very cute. I expected Patti to go see him but I didn't think it would be this early in the run, so fucking happy for Joe making friends with all these amazing people in the industry.

Joe walking by Aaron on his way to the car with his guest Patti Lupone made me laugh ngl. Sky's the limit for his career, it's mindblowing.

by Anonymousreply 151February 11, 2024 10:27 AM

Ruthie posted about Patti too, on her ig

Do meet your heroes, but don’t meat ‘em

Brilliant

by Anonymousreply 152February 11, 2024 10:37 AM

R151 Lmao. With that big of an ego at the start of his career? We’ll see.

by Anonymousreply 153February 11, 2024 11:49 AM

of course the LPSG gays are revealing their transphobia. they’re more closer to Dino’s age those retards

by Anonymousreply 154February 11, 2024 12:31 PM

Joe becoming the new standard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 11, 2024 1:45 PM

Finally had time to listen to the first full recording with Aaron and Sutton and Joe was a 10/10. His tone is so beautiful, especially love the underrated "Is that a pie fit for a king?..." bit in God that's good. Lucky those who get to see his expressive face live at the theater. Even if there's a cast recording out already, it'd be cool if they made a filmed version of this run available to watch online. They'd get a big number of HS viewers from other countries too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 11, 2024 1:55 PM

R156 yeah I’ve literally read I think every review mentioning him on Reddit and Twitter and the “worst” anyone has said is “he’s still great and doesn’t take me out of it at all but he and Sutton could seem more connected/he’s a little quiet in the end scene”. Totally fair critiques I’m sure but if that’s the worst anyone has to say of him literally one week into his first show EVER, he’s smashing it

by Anonymousreply 157February 11, 2024 1:58 PM

So many good details in this scene but I'm newly obsessed with the way Charlie says "Hi" and looks Nick up and down. He can't stop smiling as Nick closes the door behind them, he knows they're about to make out in that supply room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 11, 2024 2:34 PM

R158 the one bit of Alice commentary I’ve ever agreed with is that Joe understands fully how Charlie can be both insecure and shy and sweet, and also confident (and here flirty). He absolutely knows nick is into him even if he can’t believe his luck about it

by Anonymousreply 159February 11, 2024 2:58 PM

R159 Right, that's exactly it. I think an underrated performance of Joe's is way back at Harry's party in S1 when Nick finds him and grabs his hand and says a bunch of stuff like I'd rather hang out with you anyway, do you want to go somewhere quieter. Joe plays Charlie a bit overwhelmed and flustered because he's getting more and more hints that Nick feels the same way, but he's also confident and firm when he agrees that they should go somewhere quieter. Just a really good job at showing Charlie quietly reacting to Nick figuring himself out and letting himself hope.

by Anonymousreply 160February 11, 2024 3:07 PM

For science.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 11, 2024 3:24 PM

R161 a real hardship for Joe and Kit. As we all know Kit hates picking up cute twinks and Joe hates being thrown around. They suffer for their art

by Anonymousreply 162February 11, 2024 3:37 PM

R162 And the suffering will only continue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 11, 2024 3:44 PM

Kind of an underrated shoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 11, 2024 3:46 PM

R164 we were thirsting over it at the time but then I think shoots where you could see his chest hair came out and it was overshadowed. Still, he’s hot as always

by Anonymousreply 165February 11, 2024 3:52 PM

Sutton also posted with Patti. Still so funny she came for Joe

by Anonymousreply 166February 11, 2024 3:55 PM

Anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 11, 2024 4:05 PM

R162 They make it look so effortless

R163 S3 would be a great opportunity to bring back the more naturalistic, indie aesthetic of S1. I feel like the heavier themes would go a lot better with a less glossy look. But if it stays glossy at the very least I hope it's less orange, and the scenes between N&C are not lit as dark as the previous seasons.

I remember that the bits on Charlie's face with Ben and then later this particular scene where you can really see Joe's eyes were the moment that made me go wow where did they get this gorgeous, talented guy - his nonverbal acting was ridiculous from the go. My roommate at the time started calling him Twink Audrey (after Hepburn) lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 11, 2024 4:12 PM

S3 needs to start with Nick going to Charlie’s house for the beach day and then Charlie opens the door and look at him with sex eyes!

by Anonymousreply 169February 11, 2024 4:16 PM

R159 The "one bit of positive commentary" someone agrees with being about Joe is par the course for this thread. If someone had said this about something Alice said about Kit this would have resulted in a 100-comment argument in Joe's honour.

by Anonymousreply 170February 11, 2024 4:17 PM

R168 amazing nickname. The entire casting is incredible but Joe was such s major find. Thank god for thackeray seeing his self read in his teen boy IOM bedroom, no agent no pro experience, and knowing he’d found gold

by Anonymousreply 171February 11, 2024 4:18 PM

Not Thackeray, Edwards

by Anonymousreply 172February 11, 2024 4:18 PM

R170 I mean, they’re so triggered by Kit. Poor guy yesterday had to swore his allegiance to the Joe stans after mildly criticizing Joe’s acting.

by Anonymousreply 173February 11, 2024 4:35 PM

Joe can be seen in Yaz’ latest Insta story I think, just his hair and a hand in his phone.

by Anonymousreply 174February 11, 2024 4:39 PM

R174 Looks too tall to be Joe or am I crazy

by Anonymousreply 175February 11, 2024 4:41 PM

R174 *and his phone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 11, 2024 4:42 PM

R174 I assumed that was Yaz’s boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 177February 11, 2024 4:42 PM

R177 I thought so too. Joe was also working when she posted those yesterday

by Anonymousreply 178February 11, 2024 4:43 PM

Ooh I’m not so sure now, looks like him but now that you’ve said that I’m second guessing haha

by Anonymousreply 179February 11, 2024 4:44 PM

I assumed they were pre night out pics

by Anonymousreply 180February 11, 2024 4:45 PM

Yeah think it's not Joe. Really cute they hung out and she went to see him

by Anonymousreply 181February 11, 2024 4:45 PM

R174 that doesn't look like Joe's thumb, although the photo quality isn't good, so it might be the hair is weird too, doesn't look like Joe's

by Anonymousreply 182February 11, 2024 4:47 PM

It looks like Joe in the mirror reflection though. At least the back of his neck looks similar.

by Anonymousreply 183February 11, 2024 4:47 PM

Someone compare. Boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184February 11, 2024 4:47 PM

Weird parallel but this still

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 11, 2024 4:47 PM

R180 Joe had no time go get dressed up and go out yesterday. It's her man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186February 11, 2024 4:47 PM

Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 11, 2024 4:47 PM

reminds me of Joe's reaction and Kit laughing in this gif. the fondness for the brattiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 11, 2024 4:49 PM

R184 Oh I didn’t see pics of her man. Yeah, it’s him.

by Anonymousreply 189February 11, 2024 4:49 PM

Ok the ears look like they’re poking out so I’m 50/50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 11, 2024 4:53 PM

R187 that Dior outfit, angelic beauty

by Anonymousreply 191February 11, 2024 4:55 PM

R190 Yaz posted that outfit 14 hours ago, pretty sure Joe was on stage at the time. Looks like she went somewhere (arm band) and it's her coming home. And can't be from now since he has a show in an hour

by Anonymousreply 192February 11, 2024 5:01 PM

R192 yeah yesterday was a double show day and he had plans with Eric and Yaz two nights ago and Patti last night. Think it’s the boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 193February 11, 2024 5:03 PM

R155 I said Lola's singing wasn't great in another thread, but she has a nice voice and it's fine for what she's doing. Just a few weeks stint of stunt casting. Joe is just giving trained broadway performer and other Broadway fans are even suggesting other roles he should do (haven't seen Into the Woods, but they say that a lot) with suggestions he was born to be in the theatre.

by Anonymousreply 194February 11, 2024 5:09 PM

R194 yeah I also think Lola is suffering because she was preceded by total powerhouses with insanely strong belts. Her voice is actually pretty and I don’t think she’s flubbing notes, she just doesn’t have the same power. In terms of stunt casting not bad at all

by Anonymousreply 195February 11, 2024 5:13 PM

R194 I guess I’m not as bitchy as others, I thought she sounded really good. You could hear the emotions in her voice. The notes weren’t 100% perfect but that doesn’t bother me when they sing with emotions.

by Anonymousreply 196February 11, 2024 5:18 PM

R196 She's just replacing someone really good and she obviously can't belt. To be real, it's kind of what I expected with Joe. A good voice fans would like and Broadway fans wouldn't hate, but not something anyone was going to say was one of the best they've ever heard.

Sorry for doubting you king

by Anonymousreply 197February 11, 2024 5:22 PM

R195 Yeah, it's possible her performance would be more widely praised in something like a film adaptation vs. the prior powerhouses she's competing against on the stage. I definitely think people had similar expectations for Joe because such a strong suit of his is nonverbal nuances that are perfect for capturing on camera, but he surprised everyone.

by Anonymousreply 198February 11, 2024 5:54 PM

There should be a study as to why Joe stans are so insecure they feel the need to shit on everyone else to praise their favorite. It’s not normal.

by Anonymousreply 199February 11, 2024 5:58 PM

Yaz was out at the club last night, predictably no sign of Joe so really doubt that was him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 11, 2024 6:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 11, 2024 6:09 PM

R200 Guess that's the guy in the picture so not the other guy. Would love to see joe and Yaz go to clubs, but seriously doubt he could make it yesterday. Wonder how long she's in NY for.

by Anonymousreply 202February 11, 2024 6:16 PM

There's a slight chance Kit is in New York. This tweet is from 10 minutes ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203February 11, 2024 6:24 PM

This one is from 11 hours ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204February 11, 2024 6:25 PM

R203 It looks like the person that might’ve just seen him lives in New York.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 11, 2024 6:28 PM

I wonder if husband is with him

by Anonymousreply 206February 11, 2024 6:29 PM

R203 Not the shippers already in her replies. Can't Kit just go to NY to see Joe in a career milestone without making it about your husbands fanfic

by Anonymousreply 207February 11, 2024 6:36 PM

R207 If Kit's there the week of Valentine's Day it's not going to be just them making it about husbands fanfic.

by Anonymousreply 208February 11, 2024 6:37 PM

JFC I hope Tobie is there too. Shippers will be ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 209February 11, 2024 6:38 PM

R209 Well, they shouldn’t cuz Joe is dating an old man. Leave Kit out of this.

by Anonymousreply 210February 11, 2024 6:40 PM

It's cute if true and Kit waited 3 weeks to let it be about Joe. They were always going to make a big deal out of it.

by Anonymousreply 211February 11, 2024 6:40 PM

You'd think if multiple people saw him at the airport they'd get he probably didn't go to NY for weeks in January without anyone ever seeing him there, but I'm guessing they won't

Sunday is a good time to come anyway, they can spend a few days together before Joe has a work again.

by Anonymousreply 212February 11, 2024 6:46 PM

R208 If true, he (and possibly Tobie) might literally see the show on Valentine's Day since today's show has already started. I know people were floating that Joe's mum might come this week, too.

by Anonymousreply 213February 11, 2024 6:56 PM

Yes it’s half term , one week off for schools, in the UK

I hope Helen makes it, and then again when UK schools Easter holidays start too

by Anonymousreply 214February 11, 2024 6:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215February 11, 2024 7:01 PM

Kit at the airport

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 11, 2024 7:02 PM

R214 Isn't it the end of this week? So she won't be there for a bit

by Anonymousreply 217February 11, 2024 7:03 PM

xiaohongshu MVP of the week.

by Anonymousreply 218February 11, 2024 7:03 PM

R215 This new update account completely owning the cunty KCI account is too funny

by Anonymousreply 219February 11, 2024 7:05 PM

We have someone with xiaohongshu here don't we? Does it have any other information on the original post?

by Anonymousreply 220February 11, 2024 7:05 PM

R219 Those mods are resourceful as hell between DJL and the Kit account.

by Anonymousreply 221February 11, 2024 7:06 PM

R220 Location is London on the post, caption only says that they met Kit at an airport.

by Anonymousreply 222February 11, 2024 7:07 PM

I'd crack up if that joke about Kit and Tobie buying Tesco's chocolate & candy for a care package is actually true.

by Anonymousreply 223February 11, 2024 7:08 PM

R219 Ya their 700 followers are owing Kit’s big account with 92K followers.

by Anonymousreply 224February 11, 2024 7:10 PM

R224 They mean in actual Kit news, nimrod.

by Anonymousreply 225February 11, 2024 7:11 PM

Guess we'll see if he's actually in NY or not. Been a rough week for the Joe haters anyway.

by Anonymousreply 226February 11, 2024 7:13 PM

R225 if they’re the new cunt just put them on ignore.

R226 nothing more triggering than the friendship of two men they don’t know

by Anonymousreply 227February 11, 2024 7:15 PM

Lee's going to be fighting for their life if Kit goes to the Valentine's Day show. It won't matter that they're not dating, it'll give them an aneurysm regardless.

by Anonymousreply 228February 11, 2024 7:16 PM

R225 Yet the envious Joe stans are not supporting this account. Wonder why. R226 Who?

by Anonymousreply 229February 11, 2024 7:18 PM

R227 Oh babe. Don’t say that when you’ve had many tantrums about the way Bash (a man you don’t know) handle his own breakup. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 230February 11, 2024 7:20 PM

It’ll be exciting to me if Kit is traveling for work or to see Joe, either way, but the difference of time between the two Twitter sightings really makes me think NYC is likeliest. There were some flights that landed from London into JFK about an hour before the second sighting.

by Anonymousreply 231February 11, 2024 7:20 PM

Yes, great news. Throuple assemble!

And Lee, don't you fucking dare condescend to me and use my posts to further your deranged bullying. If your fave is waiting to build a "proper career" in his 30s, maybe take a few-years break and get a new hobby in the meantime to fill your evidently empty social schedule, because Joe is not stopping his success any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 232February 11, 2024 7:20 PM

R227 R225 is a new cunt

by Anonymousreply 233February 11, 2024 7:21 PM

Tobie being with Kit makes the most sense to me, but none of the 3 people mentioning him seems a little odd.

by Anonymousreply 234February 11, 2024 7:22 PM

Wtf is this about? Is this nonsense or did I miss some One of Us news?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 11, 2024 7:22 PM

R235 Nonsense, if this was true the cast and the director would've posted about it and we would've heard about it.

by Anonymousreply 236February 11, 2024 7:24 PM

R232 For all we know, it could be both a work thing and to see Joe. On the fashion end, pretty sure there's no Loewe show at NYFW.

R235 Her friends might be right that she's confusing it with Sundance.

by Anonymousreply 237February 11, 2024 7:24 PM

R235 I guess Santa Barbara Film Fest, but haven't heard anything about that

by Anonymousreply 238February 11, 2024 7:26 PM

R235 Would bet money that she’s one of the people that thought the Kit mention in the BFI article was about a future appearance and not a past one.

by Anonymousreply 239February 11, 2024 7:26 PM

R217

Half term in London schools def this week ….. will check IOM schools now

by Anonymousreply 240February 11, 2024 7:28 PM

R238 Just checked and I don't see it on the list. Seems like BS

by Anonymousreply 241February 11, 2024 7:29 PM

Maia still seems to be in Argentina, so probably not Recipe for Love press either.

by Anonymousreply 242February 11, 2024 7:29 PM

People will be on the look out for Kit in NYC now so we should get some sightings

by Anonymousreply 243February 11, 2024 7:30 PM

Oh god she's a real moron, just ignore that person

R239 You are right. She's all confused but so bold in correcting everyone. The worst combo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 11, 2024 7:31 PM

R243 Carhartt NY store about to get mass pilgrimages.

by Anonymousreply 245February 11, 2024 7:34 PM

I’d assume that Kit would definitely combine work with any trip to NY. That’s the kind of lives they live now. Doesn’t detract from him being there to see Joe as well. Istg some fans need some kind of blood pact to believe they could possibly be best mates

by Anonymousreply 246February 11, 2024 7:35 PM

Is this for real

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 11, 2024 7:36 PM

R245 The fans needs to be smarter than that. Most of Kit's jackets are thrifted, they need to skulk around thrift shops.

by Anonymousreply 248February 11, 2024 7:36 PM

Lmao the way everything in this thread has to be related to Joe. Insanity. Just call the thread Joe Locke and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 249February 11, 2024 7:42 PM

R247 yeah, if you look at the description for tomorrow’s show, Joe is listed as one of the guests

by Anonymousreply 250February 11, 2024 7:43 PM

R247 Huh, maybe. Also worth noting that the Young Royals guys did Jimmy Fallon once and Kit may conveniently be in NY. Safest to assume Joe's doing a talk show to promote Sweeney, though. I could see them bringing up Patti visiting.

by Anonymousreply 251February 11, 2024 7:43 PM

R250 Oh neat. Hoda will love him. Love them sending him out there to do promo.

by Anonymousreply 252February 11, 2024 7:44 PM

The description shows that it’s for Sweeney Todd but it doesn’t mean that they won’t ask him anything else maybe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 11, 2024 7:45 PM

R251 It for sure for Sweeney. He really works hard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 11, 2024 7:46 PM

R249 It would be nice to have a thread with all the Broadway reviews and audio links about the play instead of going back and forth on 20 threads.

by Anonymousreply 255February 11, 2024 7:46 PM

DJL posted the specific timeslot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 11, 2024 7:47 PM

R253 Tbh they are more likely to ask about Patti or other Agatha women than Kit/HS

by Anonymousreply 257February 11, 2024 7:47 PM

R255 you’re welcome to but it will be swarmed by bitchy DLers who hate Joe. We are left relatively alone because of exhaustion more than anything else. Our trolls are external Joe antis.

by Anonymousreply 258February 11, 2024 7:51 PM

That’s so cool for Joe! They’re really going to get all the promo out of them this year lol!

It’s ofc for Sweeney but I’m sure they’ll touch on his other upcoming projects too.

by Anonymousreply 259February 11, 2024 7:53 PM

I would guess he gets a question about Heartstopper (first major job), then a longer conversation about Sweeney Todd (project he's there to promote), then a wrap up question about Agatha (future project). Or Agatha will come up with the Patti visit.

by Anonymousreply 260February 11, 2024 7:53 PM

R259 Very cool. Feel like his PR is steeping up with the NYT article and this.

by Anonymousreply 261February 11, 2024 7:54 PM

That's not the doing of his PR, that's the show sending him out. The show paid for the NYT article to pop up in ads on social media and everything.

by Anonymousreply 262February 11, 2024 7:55 PM

Will be fab to see Joe on US tv

And also hope we get pics of him and Kit too

by Anonymousreply 263February 11, 2024 7:56 PM

R258 Agree it's not a good idea and y'all are replying to Fraulein's whining that we talk about Joe too much again. Sorry Bash is unemployed, we can't help it

by Anonymousreply 264February 11, 2024 7:57 PM

R262 Has to be linked to his PR too no? They’re not sending Aaron and Sutton.

by Anonymousreply 265February 11, 2024 7:57 PM

Not us having our own gay version of airport watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266February 11, 2024 7:59 PM

R264 Fuck the troll but it would be nice to have 2 threads with all the info instead of it being scattered on 10. I get it though.

by Anonymousreply 267February 11, 2024 7:59 PM

R265 Sutton had a young child and might not want to go out on her off days and she and Aaron already did promotion. It's a good sign ST is sending him out but has nothing to do with his actual PR

by Anonymousreply 268February 11, 2024 8:00 PM

How is it that Joe stans have full control of this thread and it's still not enough for them? JFC. You've been circle-jerking about how special Joe is without interruptions. The occasional Kit-related post isn't going to hurt you.

by Anonymousreply 269February 11, 2024 8:02 PM

R267 Might put something together with all the best clips/full show to put in the beginning of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 270February 11, 2024 8:03 PM

R264 Even when you talk about Kit, it’s to make it about Joe. Idk how the “kit stans” in this thread enjoy posting here but I assume they’re little bitches with no balls.

by Anonymousreply 271February 11, 2024 8:04 PM

Does Yaz have a new man or do we think it’s a friend in her Stories?

by Anonymousreply 272February 11, 2024 8:12 PM

Any chance those of you in the US could record the interview with Joe and post it here for us Brits? Would seriously appreciate getting to see it!

by Anonymousreply 273February 11, 2024 8:19 PM

R264 that someone had to pay again because they couldn’t let a blow up about Joe’s acting pass without their comment is hilarious to me. The fucking grip this thread has on Joe antis is wild.

by Anonymousreply 274February 11, 2024 8:20 PM

R272 I thought she was spotted not long ago with her bloke? Guy in the story is hot though, so I’d be happy for her

by Anonymousreply 275February 11, 2024 8:25 PM

R274 Honestly if I were a Joe anti I'd just sit this next year out. Certainly not worth paying Muriel money to leave a comment all while the guy is on Broadway with rare views and Patti, Yaz, maybe Kit visiting

R273 They'll put up the video most certainly. If it's blocked I'll upload is somewhere

by Anonymousreply 276February 11, 2024 8:27 PM

R276 if you hate either of the boys or their friendship I’d take the L. Shit posting here is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 277February 11, 2024 8:32 PM

Honestly if I were a *Kit stan, I’d just sit this next year out. Certainly not worth paying Muriel money to leave a comment all while the guy is on Broadway with rare views and Patti, Yaz, maybe Kit visiting (which we we will make every announcement and possible news about him turn back to our dear baby uwu soft boy Joe).

by Anonymousreply 278February 11, 2024 8:32 PM

R269 They have full control and yet they’re still extremely insecure and bitter. Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 279February 11, 2024 8:35 PM

R273 They'll probably post it here within a day or so of the interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280February 11, 2024 8:36 PM

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 281February 11, 2024 8:42 PM

I’m definitely on the ‘I’d love Kit and Joe to fuck one day team’ and look forward to them catching up but I would love to see them catch up with Yaz. My toxic trait is being a Frau about the cast all hanging out together.

by Anonymousreply 282February 11, 2024 8:43 PM

I think the stage door dreams are dead (understandably).

Security guards really surround him from all sides to get him to the car

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283February 11, 2024 9:21 PM

R283 tbf his husband/s may be in town. Guy has somewhere to be

by Anonymousreply 284February 11, 2024 9:23 PM

R282 Agree. In part because Yaz is the most likely to post about it.

by Anonymousreply 285February 11, 2024 9:34 PM

I guess that's true, though just going by what the reddit person said I don't expect it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 286February 11, 2024 9:36 PM

Two shows or is the it for Joe today?

by Anonymousreply 287February 11, 2024 9:45 PM

R287 Just one matinee today

by Anonymousreply 288February 11, 2024 9:50 PM

R288 right. Last time he did the stage door was Matinee right? Suspect that’s it for more than a wave. That’s sad. I know some are trying to hand wave over the death threats but it can’t have helped to have that level of intensity plus the history of the production being sent death threats by Frauline’s friends (presumably he was on Insta as well). Make anyone skittish

by Anonymousreply 289February 11, 2024 9:58 PM

It has nothing to do with all that. He said he didn’t like pushy (barely) the fans were. He thinks he’s above that already. Oh well. Better get used to Joe not giving a fuck about y’all.

by Anonymousreply 290February 11, 2024 10:06 PM

I need visual confirmation of Kit in New York to make up for the crushing disappointment of the Wicked teaser.

by Anonymousreply 291February 11, 2024 10:54 PM

Not Kit liking the teaser on Instagram. The betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 292February 11, 2024 11:01 PM

R292 his husband loves musicals so now Kit does too

by Anonymousreply 293February 11, 2024 11:03 PM

R292 At least he didn't repost it like tobie

by Anonymousreply 294February 11, 2024 11:04 PM

Why are Aaron fans so salty. We can't help it people praise Joe as being amazing and then say Aaron was good to them but they know not everyone will like him in the role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295February 11, 2024 11:07 PM

Saw Joe in Sweeney Todd today at the 2pm performance. Happy to give a longer write up when I get home if anyone wants it but in short: wow.

by Anonymousreply 296February 11, 2024 11:09 PM

R296 We want it

by Anonymousreply 297February 11, 2024 11:10 PM

R294 The way we can't even judge timezones from this activity because Tobie is basically nocturnal.

Oh, and the cast may be excited for Jonathan Bailey if we keep up the theory that he's Geoff or Henry Maddox.

by Anonymousreply 298February 11, 2024 11:10 PM

R296 I want it. Also if you have clips or photos they’re welcome

The security guard clapping for Joe is so nice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299February 11, 2024 11:12 PM

R298 True. In Kit's case, still curious about why he and Cynthia Erivo followed each other ages ago. Where did they meet?

by Anonymousreply 300February 11, 2024 11:13 PM

Early on seemed like the Tots were going to clash with hstwt. All chronically online and ready to jump down anyone’s throat (which, same).

R298 I burn this delusion brightly

R296 appreciate it

by Anonymousreply 301February 11, 2024 11:14 PM

R300 Maybe Loewe-related since she's mutuals with Jonathan Anderson too.

by Anonymousreply 302February 11, 2024 11:16 PM

R300 I was just about to ask the same question myself. When they first followed each other I almost convinced myself that Kit was going to be involved in Wicked somehow. Still wondering if they have a project together that's in the works.

by Anonymousreply 303February 11, 2024 11:16 PM

I made a mega folder with clips of what we have to keep things in one place. Will add things as they appear

full show with aaron and sutton, God, that's Good! with sutton/aaron, Pirelli’s Miracle Elixir with (Nick/Delaney and Aaron/Sutton) and Not While I'm Around (with Delaney/Sutton)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304February 11, 2024 11:19 PM

Am r296, will write up a full long post when I’m back home and am going to try to combine the audio I took into a mastercut of Joe scenes. But in short, he’s both unbelievably gifted and unbelievably gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 305February 11, 2024 11:22 PM

R304 thank you!

by Anonymousreply 306February 11, 2024 11:44 PM

Fraulein, write in your journal like all the other fraus. No need to write an essay about the wank you had in the theater while hearing the sound of Joe’s voice.

by Anonymousreply 307February 12, 2024 12:01 AM

Not Tobie deleting wicked from his story. He rewatched the trailer and was disappointed

by Anonymousreply 308February 12, 2024 12:16 AM

Cynthia Erivo follows Kit? He might have won with that one. She's a legend.

by Anonymousreply 309February 12, 2024 12:36 AM

R309 had to or it would reveal that Kit has a project with her (new favourite conspiracy)

by Anonymousreply 310February 12, 2024 12:38 AM

R309 Yeah, they followed each other randomly the first week of December in 2022. Pretty sure he was in Brasil when it happened, which was why we were all confused at the time.

by Anonymousreply 311February 12, 2024 12:46 AM

R203 Checked to see if this person actually answered the shipper asking where they saw Kit and they apparently just got home. So if they are from NY she didn't see Kit in NY. Mentioned landing in orlando a couple days ago in another tweet, but can't think of a single reason Kit would be there.

by Anonymousreply 312February 12, 2024 1:00 AM

R312 clowned again

by Anonymousreply 313February 12, 2024 1:04 AM

R312 Seems like she’s from NY, a search showed her mentioning she’s gonna “stay away from the city” when something is happening I instantly forgot but better to wait and see

by Anonymousreply 314February 12, 2024 1:06 AM

The timing is kind of iffy whether he (the person that supposedly saw him the second time is a guy) was flying out of Orlando or at JFK, someone needs to spot KIt somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 315February 12, 2024 1:09 AM

Someone has a clue where Manu is? If he's in Orlando maybe they're heading into production.

by Anonymousreply 316February 12, 2024 1:19 AM

R316 Think Manu was in Paris last I saw, but more importantly literally nothing gets made in Orlando. I think the guy, if he was in Orlando, was wrong about seeing Kit and we're back to square one on location. That or Kit's going to Disney World.

by Anonymousreply 317February 12, 2024 1:22 AM

R315 This is the other account that mentioned seeing Kit at the airport, they mentioned they were going to Disney on Friday in this tweet. But this person's Kit sighting was 2AM and the other girl said 2PM, don't know if that'd be the same airport if 12 hours apart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318February 12, 2024 1:24 AM

R318 They were at Disney Paris, they've been hopping around Europe for a bit. They were also in Italy last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319February 12, 2024 1:26 AM

R318 Should clarify I'm talking 2AM EST and 2PM EST for these airport tweets, it'll look different depending on your own time zone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320February 12, 2024 1:27 AM

The girl at R216 said which airport she was?

by Anonymousreply 321February 12, 2024 1:28 AM

R321 No, but their geolocation is the UK.

by Anonymousreply 322February 12, 2024 1:28 AM

So Paris. With Manu… bring on plague era, A24 psycho sexual thriller

by Anonymousreply 323February 12, 2024 1:30 AM

I have no idea where Jordan Tannahill is, but Brandon Flynn might be in Denmark?

by Anonymousreply 324February 12, 2024 1:35 AM

R324 I’d be all in on nepo casting if Jordan casts his boyfriend as a cute monk

by Anonymousreply 325February 12, 2024 1:39 AM

R319 Got it, that makes more sense. Hmm, so it's still a mystery when we don't know if the flospaces girl actually saw him at her airport, presumably in Orlando. So Kit could have been flying just about anywhere earlier today.

As for Manu, it looks like he was in Paris for a Cartier event that happened last week on Feb 7th.

by Anonymousreply 326February 12, 2024 1:42 AM

I mean, who doesn’t like EPCOT?

Me. I don’t

by Anonymousreply 327February 12, 2024 1:45 AM

Link for Joe's interview tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328February 12, 2024 2:03 AM

The only other Florida connection I could make is that Maia's character in ACGGTTAT is from the Cuban community in Miami, but I don't even know if she herself shot scenes there. And I don't think that movie would need reshoots at this stage in the game.

So like R317 said, back to square one until there are confirmed sightings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329February 12, 2024 2:04 AM

From facebook but someone again talked to our favorite person the security guard and he said

[quote] The security guy I talked to yesterday made it sound like Joe had a bad experience one night that made him prefer not to stagedoor.

Not sure which night that could have been.

R329 Show yourself Kit. But he wasn't in Ny if that person saw him so I guess all we know is he left London. Maybe he pops up there anyway.

by Anonymousreply 330February 12, 2024 2:07 AM

R330 If he really did fly to Florida, then he's at least in the time zone as NY and slightly less war wife.

by Anonymousreply 331February 12, 2024 2:14 AM

R329 I was thinking along the same lines. Some airlines make you connect through Miami to get to Orlando and I thought maybe that girl saw Kit in Miami. Maia filmed scenes for the movie in Miami in October 2022. I think it's unlikely but I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a Florida connection. Of course, maybe she's full of shit and Kit's somewhere else entirely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332February 12, 2024 2:15 AM

R329 Maia did shoot for a couple of days in Miami, but she's in Argentina right now and I don't think Kit's character was ever needed in Miami. Agree that it'd be pretty late to at this point. Also, there are direct flights to Miami, Kit wouldn't be in Orlando for that.

by Anonymousreply 333February 12, 2024 2:16 AM

Apparently Amsterdam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334February 12, 2024 2:33 AM

R332 R333 Kit's character does show up in Miami at the end of the book to surprise her, but it's in her family bakery and I'm sure they did interiors for that that didn't require filming in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 335February 12, 2024 2:36 AM

LETS FUCKING GO on random European A24 locations. I’m all in on this guys. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 336February 12, 2024 2:37 AM

R336 Not impossible at all, it would be for work if it's not a vacation.

by Anonymousreply 337February 12, 2024 2:39 AM

One of the friends he went to LA with posted from Amsterdam recently, I can't remember if it was yesterday or the day before, so he might actually be taking that Amsterdam trip he mentioned wanting to take with friends in the Numero Netherlands interview.

by Anonymousreply 338February 12, 2024 2:41 AM

I'm excited for the movie if that's what he's doing.

And based on absolutely nothing, that Kit and Tobie liked the Wicked trailer an hour before Joe did, I didn't figure he was in NY. That's why I looked to see if that person answered. I guess there is an Orlando Kit out there somewhere

by Anonymousreply 339February 12, 2024 2:43 AM

Orlando Kit joins Spain Kit.

by Anonymousreply 340February 12, 2024 2:45 AM

R338 Good memory, that's one of those interviews that understandably got overshadowed by the photoshoot. Love that for him if true, and back to the May prediction for NYC.

by Anonymousreply 341February 12, 2024 2:47 AM

R340 They should both fuck Manchester Joe

by Anonymousreply 342February 12, 2024 2:47 AM

R340 and Manchester Joe

by Anonymousreply 343February 12, 2024 2:47 AM

R338 What friend? Will?

by Anonymousreply 344February 12, 2024 2:53 AM

I would say that someone should message Jordan and ask, but I'd rather keeping living in delusion if the answer is negative. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I commented a while back (I think in the beginning of January) that I had a random dream that something was announced before Rapture. I guess that was technically The Wild Robot.

R344 Not Will (I don't follow him), I can't remember for sure but I think it was Adam.

by Anonymousreply 345February 12, 2024 2:55 AM

Lmao Kit isn’t close to Joe like that. He’s not gonna see his play. Cry about it.

by Anonymousreply 346February 12, 2024 3:03 AM

I believe the lpsg ss simply because the guys over there tend to be thick (not as the name of the site would indicate). So I’m holding the faith but I don’t think Jordan is involved if he says he’s not

by Anonymousreply 347February 12, 2024 3:04 AM

He has his own life and his own friends. Living his life away from the homophobic fraus’s expections as he should.

by Anonymousreply 348February 12, 2024 3:05 AM

Recipe for Love still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349February 12, 2024 3:07 AM

R349 They kinda look like they have good chemistry. I know one pic isn't enough to base anything on, but if Maia is selling it I know Kit will

by Anonymousreply 350February 12, 2024 3:09 AM

R349 Already giving us great material with this shot. All I see is Kit's ass.

by Anonymousreply 351February 12, 2024 3:10 AM

R350 They were fucking bts so that must help a little.

by Anonymousreply 352February 12, 2024 3:11 AM

R349 wow that account is on it. but also even in the dark kits ass is just different

by Anonymousreply 353February 12, 2024 3:11 AM

R349 I did wonder if they'd drop some sort of news in time for Valentine's Day, but wow even Maia looks a bit younger here. Time is wild.

by Anonymousreply 354February 12, 2024 3:12 AM

I think he’s got those hair clips he had in hair in some of the shots to keep the waves in. I think this photos is bts. Big ups to Maia for scoring that arse

by Anonymousreply 355February 12, 2024 3:15 AM

How much Kit shit have we been missing out on because all of the other accounts are useless?

by Anonymousreply 356February 12, 2024 3:17 AM

R349 wow and that’s not even the picture they were keeping for 1K? Crazy pull. That account is great and Kit’s bum looks plump and juicy.

by Anonymousreply 357February 12, 2024 3:18 AM

Lightened version with better view of Kit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358February 12, 2024 3:20 AM

did they pull the pic of an industry website or did something else drop about the movie?

by Anonymousreply 359February 12, 2024 3:27 AM

That pic might get them to 1k pretty quickly.

R356 Probably a lot. KCI is completely useless. They are more like post a daily picture of Kit than an actual update account.

by Anonymousreply 360February 12, 2024 3:35 AM

There’s other pics out there with Maia, but that’s the first one I’ve seen with Kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361February 12, 2024 3:36 AM

Those two Kit Maia accounts are going to have a field day

by Anonymousreply 362February 12, 2024 3:37 AM

R359 They normally link the source, don't they? I guess we'll have to wait and see, though part of me suspects Netflix will release some sort of Valentine's list like "Upcoming rom-coms in 2024" and that'll be the still used.

by Anonymousreply 363February 12, 2024 3:37 AM

R361 oh that still looks kinda cute

R360 even that hd account is posting better than kci

by Anonymousreply 364February 12, 2024 3:38 AM

R361 Maia looks more likeable than I imagined her character being having suffered through the book. Hoping since the author didn't seem to have much to do with the movie it's improved quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 365February 12, 2024 3:41 AM

R365 Watch the author have a fit because the news didn't come from her

by Anonymousreply 366February 12, 2024 3:43 AM

DJL has access to the Netflix PR photos when they drop. I remember they were accused of “leaking” season 2 stills

by Anonymousreply 367February 12, 2024 3:45 AM

Sorry, I’m skimming the thread… Kit was seen at Amsterdam airport? Is that the final conclusion?

by Anonymousreply 368February 12, 2024 3:45 AM

R366 I bet she already has with the name change.

by Anonymousreply 369February 12, 2024 3:45 AM

R368 Nothing definitive, but that seems like the likeliest thing to be accurate of all of the options so far.

by Anonymousreply 370February 12, 2024 3:47 AM

R368 Seems more likely than the states since there's no way he's in Orlando randomly

by Anonymousreply 371February 12, 2024 3:51 AM

R367 right i completely forgot about that. so means that there is probably more photos incoming then

by Anonymousreply 372February 12, 2024 3:58 AM

R369 I remember her saying she's fine with readers having queer headcanons for her characters, but I wonder if she'd be fine with the movie making the characters bisexual. Don't think they will, this is just inspired by me checking IMDb to see if the still was there and seeing that the movie's only Trivia is currently "Leads Maia Reficco and Kit Connor are both bisexual." I wonder if that'll come up in press at all or if it'd skirt too close to bringing up Kit's coming out being a domino effect of their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 373February 12, 2024 3:59 AM

KCI posted it, but in the shittiest quality I think I’ve ever seen of a still.

by Anonymousreply 374February 12, 2024 4:02 AM

R373 The good thing about the strike is that Kit and Maia both had a lot of time to move on from that. Not that their breakup was dramatic, didn't seem that way, but they've grown and seem to be more comfortable with themselves (especially Kit). I'm interested in seeing their dynamic if they do any press for this film.

by Anonymousreply 375February 12, 2024 4:03 AM

R374 Imagine calling yourself “fans” of Kit but wanting his most popular update account on Twitter to perish. Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 376February 12, 2024 4:06 AM

R374 ss from KCU

R375 same. Kit seems to have matured a lot and in some ways seems quite different from when they were seeing each other. It might be strange for Maia tbh

by Anonymousreply 377February 12, 2024 4:08 AM

R375 I agree, they'll probably be pretty chill. Kit's going to have a busy year, just like Joe, if he potentially has three projects coming out with HS3, Recipe for Love, One of Us, maybe The Wild Robot.

by Anonymousreply 378February 12, 2024 4:08 AM

The baking rom-com has me once again asking when we'll get this baking promo. If they love us, they'll release it in tandem with Joe on GBBO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379February 12, 2024 4:13 AM

Only took an hour to make this about Joe, bravo.

by Anonymousreply 380February 12, 2024 4:16 AM

R378 The Wild Robot and HS3 are the 2 confirmed-confirmed (meaning trade confirmed), with Recipe for Love and One of Us being pretty likely.

by Anonymousreply 381February 12, 2024 4:17 AM

honestly i just want to see what the chemistry is like

by Anonymousreply 382February 12, 2024 4:20 AM

Is Kit swearing in this? Would be fun to see him in a more adult role.

by Anonymousreply 383February 12, 2024 4:21 AM

R383 I think you’re looking at the All The Boys market, so no swearing

by Anonymousreply 384February 12, 2024 4:23 AM

Remains unhinged how many accounts the few Joe haters will make on this site to avoid being put on ignore. I presume they’re spending their budget for their anti psychotics on funding Muriel which leads to this whole mess

by Anonymousreply 385February 12, 2024 4:23 AM

This is how I imagine season 3 will start.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386February 12, 2024 4:25 AM

So as I mentioned I went to the show. Alright, so. For those who just care about Joe, fair. That’ll be my next comment if you want to skip ahead. I had the fortune of going with a friend since she got two tickets through work. Had a great seat in row G, pretty close to the center so I had a very good view of everything, could hear it all clearly, and had a good view of their faces. Villain origin story is I thought I recorded the bows but like a moron did not. So here, one grainy pic of Joe as proof.

Regarding the others in the musical: I saw it with Josh, Annaleigh, and Gaten a few months ago so some of this will be direct comparison. Sutton was way, way better than the Worst Pies in London recording from night 1 would imply. It’s Sutton, so she was a bit hammy and over the top in some places (By the Sea), but she played some parts interestingly understated. When she called Sweeney “you poor thing” she played that pretty sincere which was interesting. Aaron has a great voice but it’s not the iconic Sweeney voice and honestly it does make Epiphany less effective. Very good actor but not as unhinged a performance as I thought it would be based on the initial recording. Also Aaron took the term “English accent” seriously: did not sing in an English accent but then bounced between cockney, a little Mancunian, and others rather than a standard single accent. Overall enjoyed it and both but don’t think itll get as much hype as the original duo.

An understudy, Delaney, was on for Maria Bilbao as Johanna. Great voice. Think she accidentally hurt herself and got a nosebleed at one point but played it off really well. Still a Maria diehard, but Delaney was great. The new Pirelli has a great voice but such a bad Irish accent I heard someone go “Irish?” When he said he was an Irish lad. Anthony’s actor Daniel was great but, and this may have been a result of being so close, he was so acting to the back rows that it was a little over the top closer up. The actor who played the judge was great. John Rapson who played Beadle Bamford is incredible as always. Been with the show since day one and just an absurdly funny good performance. Ruthie is an icon and can’t put a foot wrong. She was excellent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387February 12, 2024 4:28 AM

R385 can you imagine hanging out here to ‘gotcha!’ every time Joe is mentioned

by Anonymousreply 388February 12, 2024 4:30 AM

Now, Joe. So first his performance. Truly, what an exceptional voice. I’ll post the full audio soon but posting we’ve all heard him. Really pitch perfect, flubbed no notes (and Sutton flubbed a few), gorgeous tone, extremely powerful, great at getting the emotion through. Has improved a LOT even from his first week, truly so gifted. And excellent elocution, I could tell what he was saying at all times. But the thing posted less about is his acting. Nailed it. Pirelli’s miracle elixir was hilarious and he got really into how funny and over the top the choreo is meant to be. I think he actually had to be one of the more dynamic movers on stage while singing; lying down for that song, being lowered down and dragged across stage for God That’s Good. Didn’t hurt his voice at all. Genuinely heartbreakingly earnest and sweet in Not While I’m Around and the ending scenes. Like truly amazing. And kept up the accent very well. “Th” as “f” for example (says “fanks” instead of thanks to Mrs Lovett and its cute).

If you like me suffer from Joe Locke cute aggression, this musical does not help you get past it. He is just ridiculously cute. Plays the devotion to Mrs. Lovett really well and is always cheesing at her and tapping his nose as a little gotcha when she wants him to do something. Definitely gets across the somewhat simple Tobias. I went in having read a Reddit comment that said AnnaLeigh and Gaten sold the connection more and Gaten gave the better ending performance so I’ll assess both as honestly as possible. For the former, I can see that but honestly it’s more how the Mrs. lovett is played. Joe nails the absolute devotion to her, annaleigh made locking Toby in to kill him seem like a difficult choice for her and Sutton played it more matter of fact. I don’t mind the latter but it does change the mutual dynamic. For the latter, I disagree entirely but with the caveat that I had amazing seats both times. Joe gave a really nuanced, gorgeous nonverbal performance on top of voicing the script very well but he was a little quiet and not playing it big. Amazing for me and I preferred it but if I was in the balcony I can see how I’d think the opposite. Think it’s something he’ll balance with time. But that’s such a nitpick: he was excellent and honestly the standout of the day. Told my friend he was actually brand new and had done only screen work before and she was shocked. She goes to probably 50+ shows a year. Thinks he’s a prodigy and amusingly said “unless he’s an Emmy good tv actor he should leave for Broadway” so I had to say “well actually he is Emmy good”.

And finally and very importantly. Fucking stunning. Victorian orphan face is real. Massive eyes, incredible cheekbones, really cute ears. Fucking sinfully perfect lips. With full knowledge and acceptance that someone will call me a frau for this, he just has a ridiculously pretty face. The sharp bone structure is obvious but when he smiles he has little rounded cheeks and the big soft dark red lips. Absurdly good looking and great hair. His face also takes stage lighting amazingly and he looked stunning in it. Also, tiny tiny waist and a fantastic ass. In God That’s Good he leans over the table for 10 seconds and i appreciated the view. Overall I cannot say enough good things. If I didn’t think he was SO fucking good in HS already I’d say stage was his calling. As is I absolutely think he can and should do both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389February 12, 2024 4:32 AM

R388 Lmao you losers take this thread way too seriously. 1) it’s not the only thread on the site. I know. Shocking for you fraus. 2) You losers post about Bash to make fun of him when he’s not in the cast anymore. Babes, look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 390February 12, 2024 4:34 AM

R380 The last 3 weeks have all been about Joe, there’s finally some Kit news and they went back to jerking off to Joe. Deranged.

by Anonymousreply 391February 12, 2024 4:35 AM

R389 his voice is insane. Every recording I hear of that song just gets better. Thanks for the summary

by Anonymousreply 392February 12, 2024 4:38 AM

R389 Yawn. This is DL. Girl, save that for your tumblr post.

by Anonymousreply 393February 12, 2024 4:43 AM

Seriously is Fraulein ok? The nonstop posting is deranged

by Anonymousreply 394February 12, 2024 4:44 AM

R394 truly

by Anonymousreply 395February 12, 2024 4:47 AM

R395 The pot calling the kettle black

by Anonymousreply 396February 12, 2024 4:50 AM

R389 best recording so far. Thank you! Joe’s voice is truly beautiful

by Anonymousreply 397February 12, 2024 4:51 AM

R397 yeah that sound quality is excellent and damn the boy can belt

by Anonymousreply 398February 12, 2024 4:53 AM

[quote] he just has a ridiculously pretty face

Exactly this. I hated calling him pretty but it is absolutely the best descriptor.

by Anonymousreply 399February 12, 2024 4:56 AM

R399 Crying. Twink death already got him. Stick to complimenting his voice, frau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400February 12, 2024 5:01 AM

R389 thank you for all of this. That I will never see Joe irl is my own white whale.

In Recipe for Love commentary - the eye I have on those shady cunts that hate Maia. They’re not even mentioning the still of Kit. So fucking petty

by Anonymousreply 401February 12, 2024 5:07 AM

Actually, I take that back. Crunchy and her cunt friends just openly shading the movie.

by Anonymousreply 402February 12, 2024 5:09 AM

R389 Thanks for the review. And he changed how he sings the first not while I'm around, I like it. That's the best recording we've gotten. His voice is really amazing.

by Anonymousreply 403February 12, 2024 5:09 AM

R402 She's mad her old ass can't fuck Kit.

by Anonymousreply 404February 12, 2024 5:11 AM

R401 Granny Amber hating Maia as well. What is it with older women hating on any woman that gets close to Kit?

by Anonymousreply 405February 12, 2024 5:11 AM

R492 Her getting called out is funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406February 12, 2024 5:11 AM

R402 Yeah I am shocked at how bitchy they’re being about the movie, and it’s clearly because they hate Maia. I won’t weigh in on the few Latina fans who take issue with it because it’s not my place to police how they feel about the nationality switch. But putting them aside that is not the reason many of the white or non Latina fans are being dicks: it’s clearly because they don’t like the girl kit dated IRL. It’s funny they all claim to protect kit from biphobia but they’re fuming he dated a woman.

by Anonymousreply 407February 12, 2024 5:12 AM

R389 Thank you for the run down!

R407 They’re mad they can’t fuck Kit and they’re mad that if Joe and Kit were fucking, they’d not be able to watch.

by Anonymousreply 408February 12, 2024 5:13 AM

R406 I've said many times the book is bad but the author has little to do with the actual movie and if you are a fan of Kit, not sure why you wouldn't give it a chance. Wait for her next tweet to be about the HS GC is probably clowning the movie or something stupid.

by Anonymousreply 409February 12, 2024 5:14 AM

R408 oh minus Amber the second they (Joe and Kit) actually started fucking they’d lose it at Joe again. The fucking weirdest possessiveness. Kit is a fucking hot guy who, blessedly for women and men, is into both. Let him fuck!

by Anonymousreply 410February 12, 2024 5:15 AM

I mean, I'm mad that I can't fuck Kit too, but I'm not taking it out on a movie.

Jokes aside, I've mentioned this before on here and I think one other (presumably also Latino) poster has mentioned it as well, but Cuban-Americans are a bunch of self-loathing Republican cunts, they deserve to be erased. Only white women that haven't had to deal with them turning Florida red and generally being intolerable are crying about this shit.

by Anonymousreply 411February 12, 2024 5:16 AM

R406 the switch up since they stopped dating and they don’t have to pretend to like her anymore. Neck breakingly fast. Credit to OG fake lesbian for maintaining excitement. Shes always backed Maia (I expected her to switch too tbh) I may kind of hate her but at least she’s not a grown woman shading an actress because she was fucking your fantasy boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 412February 12, 2024 5:17 AM

R412 even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Honestly do these morons know what being a fan means? I don’t care much about kids animation but my ass will be in the theater enjoying myself for The Wild Robot because I love Kit. They can suck it up for a free on streaming romcom that he’ll be great in or at least can not be total cunts about it on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 413February 12, 2024 5:19 AM

R407 The book is absolute dross. And not hating on Maia, she's very pretty and seems nice, but she is a c-grade actress based on what I have seen her in so far. Her acting + her singing - basic Hollywood standards, but not exceptional or unique.

Hoping this movie gets a quick release, and just as quickly passes out public awareness. Here's hoping Kit moves on to much better rolls.

by Anonymousreply 414February 12, 2024 5:23 AM

R389 Thank you it sounds like it was a fabulous experience.

I loved Joe on stage at the Donmar but this performance truly sounds next level. And then another level or 2 above next level.

What a talent !

by Anonymousreply 415February 12, 2024 5:24 AM

R411 im pretty sure its not me but same, i have beef with cubans, especially from florida

by Anonymousreply 416February 12, 2024 5:25 AM

R413 I’m going to watch a movie about a Baby Goose and Robot and I will love every second. This is about his costar and that they actually fucked. Man or woman, Kit has to stay pure for these “28 year old” and not have relationships with anyone

by Anonymousreply 417February 12, 2024 5:25 AM

R411 I partied when Obama got rid of the wet foot, dry foot policy.

Regarding Maia, she’s definitely a better singer than actress, which shouldn’t be shocking given that she’s the daughter of a vocal coach, but I don’t think Recipe for Love is going to require her to be a Streep. As long as she’s not actively bad, it’s whatever.

by Anonymousreply 418February 12, 2024 5:33 AM

R405 She's dramatic as hell. "Maia makes my skin crawl" What did she do other than fuck Kit for a few months and then seem like a pleasant enough ex.

And I don't get the angle (Amber's) of shitting on the movie for not being Cuban when Kit's in it. If you think Maia shouldn't have taken the role then what's stopping some anti-Kit troll running with it and saying he shouldn't have either. Morons. And thirding not giving a shit if Cuban's from Flordia are erased in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 419February 12, 2024 5:33 AM

How is his body language uncomfortable? I’m assuming this is one of the shipping arseholes. Still convinced this is actually bts so guy is the absolute opposite of uncomfortable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420February 12, 2024 5:36 AM

R417 R419 Crunchy seems to have been 28 forever, and then there's Amber in her 50s, behaving like a 14 year old who's jealous of the popular girl in school.

by Anonymousreply 421February 12, 2024 5:36 AM

I also think Maia and Kit both were probably made way more comfortable by the fact that the books author was totally fine with the nationality swap; same as Jac Shaeffer being Jewish probably helped Joe play Billy. There’s a big difference between playing someone where the nationality is really central and ignoring that against the consent of the author or subject, and the author/showrunner/scriptwriter legit wanting you in the role and writing around that.

by Anonymousreply 422February 12, 2024 5:36 AM

R413 I'm of two minds about it because assuming the reasons aren't weirdly parasocial or with a dosage of Kit and/or Maia hate, I get not caring about the movie. Setting aside that I like both Kit and Maia, I know I don't care about the Twitter movement for the comeback of true heterosexual rom-coms when I'm still waiting for gay rom-coms to catch up. Like, it sucks that even just saying the word rom-com comes with the assumption of heterosexuality. All of that said, I'll be watching this one since I think it's cool that they're both openly bisexual actors, and similar to Heartstopper, it'll probably elevate the source material to some extent. I wouldn't say I'm excited for it, but curious about it for the reasons everyone has already mentioned.

I've only seen Maia in Do Revenge and PLL. Her PLL character makes me laugh sometimes because it's very much the Hollywood idea of a tomboy, but she did pretty well with her material and has good comedic timing (also in Do Revenge) that should make for a charismatic rom-com lead.

I'm not on board with HStwt being so openly shady about it though, at least keep it to private group chats if you have friends that are excited about it. R406 is insanely awkward, oof.

by Anonymousreply 423February 12, 2024 5:41 AM

R414 Lmao the subtle shade to all of Kit’s upcoming projects is hilarious! Not when Joe is the third Tobias replacement on a dying Broadway musical who can’t sell tickets without bringing tone-deaf Aaron on board. Or his Disney show from the dying Marvel company. Bitch, Joe’s entire career is built on feeding off more talented and famous people. He’d be nowhere if it weren’t for Kit’s acting that catapulted that corny show to mainstream success. Fucking waste of space, delusional, ignorant freaks.

by Anonymousreply 424February 12, 2024 5:43 AM

R423 yeah I probably oversimplified my comment there. I don’t think as a fan you have an obligation to see every project but I think a tweet or two saying it’s really cool and you’re excited for them is the minimum. Like if someone has no interest in Agatha or hates horror and is skipoing those projects for Joe and Kit that’s ok. But it’s still really cool and big for both. Just be nice and at a bare minimum don’t be an asshole on main

by Anonymousreply 425February 12, 2024 5:44 AM

R418 Yeah, it is what it is. I'll wait for the reviews and probably see it anyway to support Kit's work.

by Anonymousreply 426February 12, 2024 5:45 AM

They’re all trying to turn it into “I’m interested to see…” and shady shit like that. Kit will be great. Be grateful you stan such an incredible actor who is having so much work come out this year (so you can fucking stop bitching about that too).

by Anonymousreply 427February 12, 2024 5:46 AM

R427 it’s funny to see the same people who shaded all of joes work and got mad on kits behalf (as though kit would want that?) he was getting cast also shade this movie. What the fuck do they want? They’re both doing amazing generally but especially for their age

by Anonymousreply 428February 12, 2024 5:48 AM

These twitter fans are just miserable. How are you shading this film when you’re a heartstopper stan? I love Joe but I hate superhero films/tv shows. I’ll still watch , probably skip to all his scenes, the show when it comes out. Nobody cares if you’re not a fan of Kit’s movie with Maia.

by Anonymousreply 429February 12, 2024 5:50 AM

R428 I actually don’t know. The parameters for success are so narrow. The Dreamworks movie seems to be the first thing deemed good enough outside of HS

by Anonymousreply 430February 12, 2024 5:51 AM

R425 Right, and I think you can at most appreciate that their other projects will make people give Heartstopper a chance if they haven't already. I'm sure we'll get the inverse of that too, people using a project like Recipe for Love to be shady about Heartstopper, since those people take any opportunity to act like someone who looks like Kit can't believably be attracted to someone who likes like Joe. Very "Finally Kit gets to play REAL romance" type of homophobic shit. But I still won't take that out on the movie itself and certainly not on Maia.

by Anonymousreply 431February 12, 2024 5:54 AM

R430 I saw people pre-shading Kit’s American accent, so it looks like that’s not even escaping unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 432February 12, 2024 5:55 AM

R432 Feel like some fans are just pissy at Kit in general for being quiet and they think not doing enough or sharing enough. They've all switched to pretending to love Broadway and Joe. 6 months ago they'd never say this type of shit about Kit.

by Anonymousreply 433February 12, 2024 5:57 AM

R432 Not shade but I do find it hilarious that much like Joe's singing pre-debut, Tobie's vlogs are once again the go-to source. Tobie the true mastermind for providing helpful footage of his husbands in advance of their future projects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434February 12, 2024 6:00 AM

R433 And soon enough they’ll switch on Joe and start shading him because he doesn’t do stage door or something. If Kit is more quiet it’s part of their fault.

by Anonymousreply 435February 12, 2024 6:03 AM

R433 honestly think they’re just generally being fucking weird about both. I’ve noticed a switch in the fandom to kind of negging them? They’re over the moon about The Wild Robot and were all over the airport pic but also now shitting on Recipe for love in the most obnoxious way and apparently pre shading his American accent. And then Like they’re gushing over Joe one minute and then snottily posting about how the crowd for stagedoor is there for Aaron and not him, how Sutton is broadway royalty and he’s not, how he’s not famous enough to get threats and downplaying how freaked out he is by stagedoor.

I honestly think a good bit of this is them getting over familiar. Like we all rightfully make fun of crunchy for insisting her tweets make it to the GC and she knows how tickled the cast is by various stupid tweets and other dumb shit. But I kind of think the entire fandom has that sense of entitlement. Kit cutting back on posting, and Joe guarding his privacy a lot, and not doing things like stage door, do piss them off, even if they “defend” them for it because it makes it harder for them to keep up the parasocial fictions that the cast is like their friends. They’re both absolutely really grateful for fans but things like Kit not sharing as much of his life and posting, or Joe clearly being uncomfortable rather than overjoyed by meeting fans at stagedoor piss fans off.

by Anonymousreply 436February 12, 2024 6:05 AM

R432 lovely. What fucking little cunts.

by Anonymousreply 437February 12, 2024 6:05 AM

I also am gonna say I think that they’re not trying to shade kit by shitting on recipe for love. I think they’re both extremely stupid and extremely shitty but I honest to god think the majority of their motivation is hating Maia and thinking Kit is “above” the film. Which like — Kit is an insane talent and yeah on paper I doubt this will be some Oscar showcase. But it’s cool to colead a film age 18, he seemed to enjoy his time filming, it’s a great resume line, it exposes him to a wider audience, and I’m sure he was incredible. I am not saying their tweets aren’t fucking rude btw, just saying they’re so goddamn thick that I think they’re like “well it’s not about him it’s about the film and the costar” not getting that not only is Maia not the devil but also they are indirectly shitting on Kit

by Anonymousreply 438February 12, 2024 6:08 AM

R436 yeah, this all sounds about right. On the opposite end I’ve also seen them being insufferable about the “baby goose” factor in Wild Robot. The way they are going to use that to further infantilise Kit is going to make me pull my hair out, and my hairline is not defined enough for that

by Anonymousreply 439February 12, 2024 6:09 AM

Weird but another fan shoutout because I’ve mentioned two others I like. This might be one of the most universally positive fans in the fanbase. I have legit never seen a single tweet where she isn’t thrilled for whoever in the cast the tweet is about

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440February 12, 2024 6:11 AM

I feel like both Kit and Joe hate a ort of fame where you have to be accessible all the time. They’re both genuine and grateful but also maybe tired of being puppets to a fandom that really doesn’t deserve them. I’m glad Joe is putting his interest first. If he doesn’t do any other stage door, that’s his choice. Just like if Kit wants to be more lowkey, that’s fair. They’re real people, not made up fantasies you can control.

by Anonymousreply 441February 12, 2024 6:14 AM

R436 This absolutely sums it up. I've always felt that the infantilization partly comes from S1 providing the most material of the cast, not just via promo but social media. It was definitely a golden age of sorts, helped that the show was so new and shiny and honestly hard to escape for most of 2022. But it's made the transition to the actors maturing and becoming more private, defining more boundaries, really weird for some people. There's normal stuff like being sad the strikes meant little S2 press, and then there's a genuine vibe of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 442February 12, 2024 6:15 AM

R441 nah I agree but honestly while I think boundaries should be respected regardless of how much someone says on them (for instance, the fact that Joe hasn’t outright spoken about how much cyber bullying fucked him up being used as an excuse to handwave it off), what’s even crazier is they both have been so clear. Kit said he was trying to use social media less, enjoyed being offline more, is introverted and likes time with loved ones when free. People are still mad he doesn’t post enough and feel entitled to it.

Joe similarly quit twitter, said he was going to be less on social media, and has self described as anxious and introverted with an easily exhausted social battery. On top of that the fucking security guards at the show are literally saying he’s scared, freaked out, and skittish and he was getting literal attack threats with the theatre address linked. Despite that, fans are publicly expressing skepticism of that, saying he’s fine, and doubting the guards and attendees saying that (and likely in their GCs bitching that he’s entitled).

It’s so fucked. They’re 19 and 20 and have the right to have their boundaries respected

by Anonymousreply 443February 12, 2024 6:19 AM

Tbh the fans have been left to dry since Kit and Joe left twitter. They went from getting so much content from the cast to basically getting nothing from everyone. I don’t see Bradley posting as much on his insta either. I get that it sucks and when you compare with other shows where the cast is all online it’s annoying but it could be worst. Look at Timothee or Zendaya. They go months without a sign of life and only come back to do promo. Actors are in a peculiar position because their profession is quite strange. To remain sane, a lot of them become more distant with the public. C’est la vie. They need to get another hyper fixation.

by Anonymousreply 444February 12, 2024 6:27 AM

Want to thank R389 again for the excellent review and audio, I know it got a bit buried by everything else but I can't stop listening to it and your review really matches the performance.

by Anonymousreply 445February 12, 2024 6:46 AM

Looking outside of those possessive millennial women and the vicious teenagers (who have never stopped shading Maia), other stans are being extremely hyped for it. Seems like the Maia Kit mix really does it for young bi women. Good for her (them)

by Anonymousreply 446February 12, 2024 6:49 AM

R445 thanks mate. Have already told her if she gets more tickets I will buy her dinner if she takes me again so hopefully can give an updated review in a few weeks. Passed the fuck out after posting and just woke up. Read through the other comments. You can tell none of the people on Twitter whining about Recipe for Love are queer men because you wouldn’t catch us complaining about a still of Kit’s ass regardless of context. Annoying as fuck

by Anonymousreply 447February 12, 2024 6:54 AM

R444 they’ll be incredibly lucky if they don’t end up in Tom Hollands fans situation (hi) where he talks about how much he loves and respects the fans through gritted teeth.

by Anonymousreply 448February 12, 2024 6:54 AM

In roughly two hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449February 12, 2024 12:11 PM

R449 stick that boy by the mic and make him sing live, Hoda!

by Anonymousreply 450February 12, 2024 12:17 PM

R449 Cool. Wonder if DJL got the link from here.

by Anonymousreply 451February 12, 2024 12:25 PM

He’s so fucking tiny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452February 12, 2024 12:28 PM

R452 DLs Best Boys taking their work extremely seriously

by Anonymousreply 453February 12, 2024 12:30 PM

R453 taking real care of their skittish charge

by Anonymousreply 454February 12, 2024 12:33 PM

I’m about to sleep but I’m not entirely sure that link is a proper live feed. Just in case anyone wants to check it out.

by Anonymousreply 455February 12, 2024 12:36 PM

R455 Someone in the QRTs provided an alt link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456February 12, 2024 12:45 PM

Could they have been more condescending?

by Anonymousreply 457February 12, 2024 12:47 PM

Right when DJL’s a one man show too

by Anonymousreply 458February 12, 2024 12:57 PM

Ngl twitter fans have been incredibly annoying lately.

by Anonymousreply 459February 12, 2024 12:58 PM

R459 yeah, still seeing shady shit about Recipe for Love. (Sorry she fucked your fave, how about you just don’t say anything at all instead of shitting on the movie before it’s been released) and the less said about the Broadway know-all’s the better

by Anonymousreply 460February 12, 2024 1:04 PM

R459 Insufferable. Another corner is trying to start “Latin filter” discourse about the Recipe for Love still like that’s not the cinematographer’s style.

by Anonymousreply 461February 12, 2024 1:06 PM

R461 saw that and it seemed pretty rich from a group that revere a show where everyone looked like they had jaundice for entirely of S2

by Anonymousreply 462February 12, 2024 1:07 PM

Am R389. Some more audio from yesterday. Pirelli’s Miracle Elixir. You can hear more here what I mean about the elocution and accent. Every word was very clear, he says “oath” as “oaf”. Stuff like that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463February 12, 2024 1:19 PM

R460 That’s actually toxic shipping atp. Do they know Joe will have a love interest on Agatha too? And on other projects?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464February 12, 2024 1:23 PM

R463 seriously these are I think the best audio recordings I’ve heard, thank you. He’s so damn good.

by Anonymousreply 465February 12, 2024 1:26 PM

R464 and they will both have actual irl partners. This is what some of the guys who have done the fandom thing before have spoken about. It’s this shit that’s genuinely toxic. Also, ‘nobody likes her anyway’ - is this person an actual teenager? At a guess this will shock all of those shitheads into being less vocally arseholes because they don’t want to get lumped in with crazies like her

by Anonymousreply 466February 12, 2024 1:27 PM

What a fucking charmer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467February 12, 2024 1:31 PM

[quote]and they will both have actual irl partners

Don't remind me.

by Anonymousreply 468February 12, 2024 1:32 PM

R467 The random Tobie shade too.

by Anonymousreply 469February 12, 2024 1:34 PM

R467 not to pull the flex of having seen him in real life but. Having seen him in real life, it absolutely does not. From the fact that that dickhead’s account is just him thirst reposting muscle porn guessing it’s yet another ugly twink jealous of Joe. Tragic

by Anonymousreply 470February 12, 2024 1:35 PM

r466 That group thinks Kit and Joe are married, so they'll just hate their partners too and say it's PR

HS fans calling anything low budget and cheesy is rich

by Anonymousreply 471February 12, 2024 1:35 PM

R463 sorry, don’t want this to get lost in the shuffle of me bitching. He is so so fucking good. The audience clearly liked him a lot

by Anonymousreply 472February 12, 2024 1:37 PM

R470 yeah, he’s basic. Wild she hasn’t blocked him. You’d think HS stans would be more sensitive to that shit

by Anonymousreply 473February 12, 2024 1:37 PM

R473 I feel like it depends on their fav sometimes honestly. If it’s their fav (here kit) they’d block or reply to shit comments about him but ignore for others. If it was a Joe stan more likely they’d do the inverse. Fuxking dumb, don’t just let shit comments stand

by Anonymousreply 474February 12, 2024 1:39 PM

R474 there’s a shitty one directed at Will too, so she’s kind of just a cunt

by Anonymousreply 475February 12, 2024 1:44 PM

R475 yeah that’s what I mean — they’ll leave it stand if it’s not about their fav. If it is their fav they’ll go to war. I don’t care if you like one cast member best, don’t enable shitty comments about the others

by Anonymousreply 476February 12, 2024 1:46 PM

Now here’s God That’s Good. He was all time cute in this performance. Running around the pie shop, beaming and tapping his nose at Mrs. Lovett. And had a great view of his perfect ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477February 12, 2024 1:50 PM

Okay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478February 12, 2024 1:51 PM

R478 why the fuck is Maia getting dragged into this? Hstwt seems to forget she was out as bi at the time and completely called a queerbaiter, fake, and so on at the time. She and Kit both got dragged for no reason

by Anonymousreply 479February 12, 2024 1:52 PM

R 470 I mean if his face is not serving in selfies... that means it’s declining! Instead of admitting it you would rather think everyone is a jealous twink. Pathetic .

by Anonymousreply 480February 12, 2024 1:53 PM

R477 Your audio is great. Justice for Sutton since she sounds good too. She was set up.

by Anonymousreply 481February 12, 2024 1:58 PM

Not them using the crop top/dick print jeans picture for Joe. Appreciate that so early in the morning

by Anonymousreply 482February 12, 2024 1:59 PM

R482 Did I miss it? I didn't see them mention Joe in the opening segment?

by Anonymousreply 483February 12, 2024 2:02 PM

R483 here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484February 12, 2024 2:03 PM

R483 Just the previous show saying he's up next

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485February 12, 2024 2:04 PM

Great faces

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486February 12, 2024 2:05 PM

They called him "Heartstopper star Joe Locke," so they might get a question or two in about it.

by Anonymousreply 487February 12, 2024 2:08 PM

R487 That makes sense. That's his biggest gig yet and most know him for that.

by Anonymousreply 488February 12, 2024 2:11 PM

So cute!! He looks shy.

by Anonymousreply 489February 12, 2024 2:18 PM

Hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490February 12, 2024 2:21 PM

He's so nervous and so likable

by Anonymousreply 491February 12, 2024 2:26 PM

Confirming that his mum is a teacher and she's coming this week, his dad in a few weeks.

Says S3 is out this year. "definitely a bit raunchier"

by Anonymousreply 492February 12, 2024 2:27 PM

He said Patti's one of his best friends. He said he always loved singing but was too nervous or didn't think he was good enough. Mentioned his amazing singing teacher. Then finally just said screw it, let's do it once his team had the broadway offer

His mom is coming later this week

by Anonymousreply 493February 12, 2024 2:28 PM

R492 I caught that too. The sex arc is definitely happening.

by Anonymousreply 494February 12, 2024 2:29 PM

I really like his shoes.

by Anonymousreply 495February 12, 2024 2:30 PM

Good choice to do a first interview with those two. Americans gonna eat up his voice too.

by Anonymousreply 496February 12, 2024 2:31 PM

R495 the loafers with the white socks was really giving paul mescal vibes to me

by Anonymousreply 497February 12, 2024 2:32 PM

r497 I like the way he and Kit lean into fashion. Always feels very them and things they're comfortable in but interesting.

by Anonymousreply 498February 12, 2024 2:33 PM

Lmao basically confirmed he was a stunt cast.

by Anonymousreply 499February 12, 2024 2:35 PM

For once, I see why they combine vol. 4 and 5 into season 3. They look too grown up now to pass for 15 years old. They need to move the story along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500February 12, 2024 2:39 PM

Are there any good video upload sites? I recorded the clip but can’t upload it via streamabke because it’s too long

by Anonymousreply 501February 12, 2024 2:43 PM

R501 Youtube and make a private link

by Anonymousreply 502February 12, 2024 2:44 PM

R502 sorry making a YouTube account is too high effort. I wanted something where I could upload and paste a URL.

by Anonymousreply 503February 12, 2024 2:49 PM

This is ridiculously cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504February 12, 2024 2:51 PM

sorry wrong link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505February 12, 2024 2:52 PM

R503 Cut it in two on streamable. I know it sucks.

by Anonymousreply 506February 12, 2024 2:52 PM

R500 He looks greasy and unwashed.

by Anonymousreply 507February 12, 2024 2:53 PM

Thread with the full interview here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508February 12, 2024 2:56 PM

Sweeney team reaching out to Joe's team is interesting

by Anonymousreply 509February 12, 2024 2:58 PM

Is that a bruise in Joe's neck??

by Anonymousreply 510February 12, 2024 2:59 PM

R510 Joe is not going to Broadway and the today show with Hickeys let’s be real

by Anonymousreply 511February 12, 2024 3:00 PM

DJL uploaded it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512February 12, 2024 3:00 PM

R512 smh I had just made a YouTube channel to upload it too. Oh well. I’ll hang onto it and use it for future cast stuff

by Anonymousreply 513February 12, 2024 3:01 PM

R510 A gift from grandpa. So unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 514February 12, 2024 3:03 PM

R512 From Scarlet Witch Updates, which is nice of them to do. Don't think we need to worry about Joe content being put up.

by Anonymousreply 515February 12, 2024 3:05 PM

R509 Stunt casting.

by Anonymousreply 516February 12, 2024 3:05 PM

She’s such a loser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517February 12, 2024 3:05 PM

R517 was coming here to post that. She needs to hush and just realize kit fans hyping it up will only help her

by Anonymousreply 518February 12, 2024 3:06 PM

Yaz def seems to have gotten a new man

by Anonymousreply 519February 12, 2024 3:07 PM

R517 it hasnt sold yet?

by Anonymousreply 520February 12, 2024 3:08 PM

R517 Why would the cinematographer post stills from a movie that hasn't sold yet? She makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 521February 12, 2024 3:09 PM

R517 She's so embarrassing for real. Don't advertise the fact that fans know more than you do.

And how in the hell has something with Kit Connor not sold yet. She's so full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 522February 12, 2024 3:09 PM

The stills have a name, a year attached, and there’s even something about a trailer on his site. She’s a moron.

by Anonymousreply 523February 12, 2024 3:09 PM

She also posted this on her IG stories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524February 12, 2024 3:10 PM

R524 She should just shut the hell up. All her nonsense makes the movie come across as dumpster fire that won't sell nearly two years later. It's got Kit and Maia, both popular young stars, Kit especially.

by Anonymousreply 525February 12, 2024 3:12 PM

R522 I mean if it doesn't sell it's more to do with the director and Maia as she's the real lead of this film. Anyway, she's embarrassing herself. Does she not want this movie to come out? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 526February 12, 2024 3:12 PM

R517 Called it.

by Anonymousreply 527February 12, 2024 3:14 PM

R526 I mean more, given how people eat up anything related to Kit the idea that they can't find anyone to stream it is nonsense. She just doesn't know anything.

by Anonymousreply 528February 12, 2024 3:16 PM

R528 We need Industry dler on this to know how insane she sounds.

by Anonymousreply 529February 12, 2024 3:19 PM

R529 See R523. The cinematographer is also not even the only person involved in production that has it with a 2024 release date on their CVs. I think it’s an ego thing at this point with her. I’ve never seen anything like this.

by Anonymousreply 530February 12, 2024 3:22 PM

Honestly she needs to just be quiet and reach out to the studio when she sees this stuff instead of insisting if she doesn’t know about it it can’t be true

by Anonymousreply 531February 12, 2024 3:24 PM

R530 Reminda me of Alice crying about leaks when DJL posted the official stills for season 2. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 532February 12, 2024 3:26 PM

i want to see what this damn pic is now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533February 12, 2024 3:32 PM

R524 The wording on her story proves she's completely out of the loop and had never seen those photos before. She really needs to learn to save face and stop hand waving all over social media trying to prove how she's the authority on this movie.

by Anonymousreply 534February 12, 2024 3:34 PM

R533 this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535February 12, 2024 3:34 PM

Dying at them throwing this out instead of replying to the author.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536February 12, 2024 3:34 PM

R536 ok he looks hot

by Anonymousreply 537February 12, 2024 3:35 PM

R536 Hot villain era? Here for it

by Anonymousreply 538February 12, 2024 3:37 PM

R534 Never forget she sent an email to get Netflix removed from Kit's CV for the movie. It's still there btw

by Anonymousreply 539February 12, 2024 3:37 PM

He’s hot and I really really hope he’s the villain.

This admittedly made me laugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540February 12, 2024 3:38 PM

Photos might have been leaked to try and get fans involved since they can't sell it. But that means it is probably not very good or it would have sold. Even with Kit's name attached, no one is interested.

Well, at least we will have season 3, All of Us, and Wild Robot this year.

by Anonymousreply 541February 12, 2024 3:45 PM

The thing about no one being interested is something peddled by the people that hate Maia or are clueless. Romcoms with no names that ACE makes all sell. I don't get why people keep taking the author at her word. And they're not leaks, they're pictures from people with more involvement than a week at the end of production.

by Anonymousreply 542February 12, 2024 3:47 PM

R541 Leaked from an official member of production? How dumb are you? I swear Joe stans can never be normal about Kit.

by Anonymousreply 543February 12, 2024 3:48 PM

R541 They weren't really leaked though. They're on the DP's website with his other work.

by Anonymousreply 544February 12, 2024 3:52 PM

Very natural and believable upvoting going on there, R541.

by Anonymousreply 545February 12, 2024 3:57 PM

I knew the JoeKit cult on twitter would run with that spot on Joe's neck. Hey, if you like Joe don't post on twitter you think Kit gave him a hickey IRL and he went on live tv with it. Fucking idiots

by Anonymousreply 546February 12, 2024 3:57 PM

Those who are saying it must be shit or it would’ve sold have never seen the kissing booth.romcoms being shit is no impediment to Netflix at least. Much more likely is that the author is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 547February 12, 2024 3:58 PM

Our King Bradley just posted on IG that he’s in S2 of Wrecked on BBC. Good for him. Bradley has actually done quite a few projects outside of HS at this point.

by Anonymousreply 548February 12, 2024 4:03 PM

Try not to take it so much to heart. Nothing to do with anger over Maia dating Kit. No hatred involved here. Just some hard facts.

For an independent movie to sell, it either has to be compelling, or have enough star power involved for distribution. Looking at Maia's level of engagement, and she is constantly posting, her numbers are somewhat lower compared to Kit's. Yet even with Kit in the film, it hasn't been picked up yet.

Now, could there be other factors involved as well? Sure. But those two reasons are primary when it comes to selling it for distribution. We already know Kit is a great actor, and still no one wants it. BTW, all great actors have movies or shows they made that were not well received or not a great market for it. I am sure he is fine in it.

by Anonymousreply 549February 12, 2024 4:05 PM

R549 Coming from a Joe stan, your argument makes no sense since we have no proof this movie hasn’t sold. We have more evidence that it will come out later this year. Let’s not forget the strikes that delayed most production. Maybe wait before writing think pieces on why this film is a flop.

by Anonymousreply 550February 12, 2024 4:10 PM

R549 Why the fuck are you believing the useless author instead of people who actually worked on the movie. And the upvotes are insane.

by Anonymousreply 551February 12, 2024 4:11 PM

The rapid WWs are funny. Kit and the movie will both be fine

by Anonymousreply 552February 12, 2024 4:11 PM

£830. Rich bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553February 12, 2024 4:18 PM

“Hard facts” coming from someone talking out of their ass is really funny.

by Anonymousreply 554February 12, 2024 4:20 PM

R554 Starting to think Amber finally paid for a subscription.

by Anonymousreply 555February 12, 2024 4:22 PM

If the Joe stans keep it up I will be leaking Joe's ancient bf's name. I'm not bluffing. First name *****.

by Anonymousreply 556February 12, 2024 4:24 PM

R553 thats Heidi’s celine for you, he fits the aesthetic for it too

by Anonymousreply 557February 12, 2024 4:27 PM

What the fuck are you even talking about. The only thing "Joe stans" are doing is defending Kit and his movie. Lunatic. If you want to leak shit it's becuase you are a cunt, don't try to blame anyone for it

by Anonymousreply 558February 12, 2024 4:28 PM

R535 His tiddies are looking quite nice in that top.

Thanks to the DL'er who supplied that photo to the new Kit account.

by Anonymousreply 559February 12, 2024 4:31 PM

R559 Almost regret it because everyone is being so fucking annoying today.

by Anonymousreply 560February 12, 2024 4:33 PM

R558 don’t engage

by Anonymousreply 561February 12, 2024 4:34 PM

15 WW is crazy. It’s not even that serious.

by Anonymousreply 562February 12, 2024 4:47 PM

R562 I presume all self given

by Anonymousreply 563February 12, 2024 4:49 PM

Regarding the One Of Us still, I got it through a database and then the cinematographer put it up a couple of weeks later (originally she just had the grandmother still up) and I kept wondering if any of the existing Kit accounts would ever find it now that it was publicly available. Nothing. They really are useless.

by Anonymousreply 564February 12, 2024 4:50 PM

R564 They are useless and honestly don't think they care too much about his actual work outside of HS/Nick or him being hot.

And good find.

by Anonymousreply 565February 12, 2024 5:04 PM

You’d think following the creatives from his upcoming projects would be the bare minimum really

by Anonymousreply 566February 12, 2024 5:08 PM

R566 All they wanna do is get off on his pictures, pretend they are besties with him and giggle at his comments. Glad he has a more professional update account now. Long time coming.

Speaking of giggling at comments, as expected HS fans acting like saying raunchier is scandalous

by Anonymousreply 567February 12, 2024 5:14 PM

R567 I was just coming here to say we should focus on Joe saying raunchier, but absolutely not the way fandom does it.

by Anonymousreply 568February 12, 2024 5:17 PM

Did we not already know this! From Alice of all people? I feel insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569February 12, 2024 5:19 PM

R567 “WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???”

It means they have sex

by Anonymousreply 570February 12, 2024 5:19 PM

Just say gay sex makes you uncomfortable don’t hide behind this bullshit. I mean, maybe it’s not even gay sex, it’s just the idea of Kit having sex with anyone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571February 12, 2024 5:22 PM

R566 He has a couple good ones but they’re not as thorough, glad he has this one!

by Anonymousreply 572February 12, 2024 5:22 PM

"CONFIRMED" Huge fucking eye roll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573February 12, 2024 5:22 PM

Shocked and appalled that stuff from a book Alice said she was incorporating into the season is, in fact, making it into the season. That being said, I appreciate that raunchy was the first thing that came to mind for Joe when asked about the season, even before the mental health stuff he’s clearly proud of. Feel like we need to dig a little into that.

by Anonymousreply 574February 12, 2024 5:23 PM

R573 She actually needs to deactivate. She’s embarrassing herself and the whole production team.

by Anonymousreply 575February 12, 2024 5:24 PM

R569 I'm ready

R573 movie franchise. that delusion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576February 12, 2024 5:25 PM

R573 The performance of a sequel centered around an extremely minor character in Recipe for Love has no bearing on if the movie sells or not, she's just trying to move copies of her shitty book. I can't stop laughing. Also, I can confirm with my EYEBALLS that the still is real.

by Anonymousreply 577February 12, 2024 5:26 PM

R571 They like cute boys kissing and being cute, they don't like/want to know the in and outs of Nick sticking it in Charlie's hole. They are going to be insufferable when it comes out saying not to sexualize the sex scene (it's about romance and LOVE, not sex) and get offended when everyone calls Charlie a bottom

by Anonymousreply 578February 12, 2024 5:28 PM

Would bet money that neither Kit nor Maia (especially Kit) would come back for a Cuban Girl’s “franchise.” I think if anything Kit’s in has the potential of turning into a franchise, it’s The Wild Robot.

by Anonymousreply 579February 12, 2024 5:29 PM

R578 their offense at the idea that Nick isn’t primarily a bottom is always so funny

by Anonymousreply 580February 12, 2024 5:30 PM

The power of a cute shy twink even on straight older women

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581February 12, 2024 5:30 PM

R581 Tbh I think older women are probably going to be Joe's second largest demographic of fans. A charming cute curly hair tousled twink with a soft spoken British accent who can sing. He'll be unstoppable.

by Anonymousreply 582February 12, 2024 5:33 PM

Joe and Kit are going to have that in common, though Kit’s are of a slightly thirstier variety.

by Anonymousreply 583February 12, 2024 5:35 PM

R582 unlike gay fans they won’t know about his magic pussy though

by Anonymousreply 584February 12, 2024 5:43 PM

As a middle aged woman (also a lesbian), I am worryingly obsessed with Joe Locke. It brings out some deep instinctual need to protect him (as well as all other other young twinks I meet IRL). I can totally understand why there is an army of broadway divas who adore him.

by Anonymousreply 585February 12, 2024 5:46 PM

Joe sucking Kit’s lip into his mouth is hot. Boy gets into it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586February 12, 2024 5:46 PM

R579 I don't know if she's hoping for it to be like how To All the Boys got that XO Kitty spin-off, but even with Kit and Maia being fairly popular, I don't think Recipe for Love will reach the heights of To All the Boys. Even if it starts a new wave of Kit thirst from more het-oriented audiences, Kit already got a huge boost from Heartstopper and it wouldn't really be considered a breakthrough role. I do think he genuinely loves rom-coms and might be down for a cameo reprisal of Orion, but first we'll have to see how much the movie even devotes to screen time between Orion and his sister.

by Anonymousreply 587February 12, 2024 5:46 PM

R587 Oh, he absolutely does love romcoms, but I think the combination of time passed plus the unique baggage of the project with the coming out and everything might make him more reticent about it. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t consider himself pretty moved on apart from any upcoming press for it.

by Anonymousreply 588February 12, 2024 5:55 PM

Joe on Andy Cohen’s radio show??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589February 12, 2024 5:55 PM

R578 Man, even Alice had Charlie blow up at his mom for treating him like a fragile baby because of his mental illness, going on a huge rant about how he can be recovering while also a horny teenager that wants to have sex with his boyfriend. There's going to be a lot of tweets insisting that the sex scenes are purely about Charlie's mental health, but I actually thought it was pretty balanced between that and a typical sex storyline since Nick has his own arc about it to match. Characters can contain multitudes, who knew.

by Anonymousreply 590February 12, 2024 5:56 PM

R587 I'm assuming or like all the other teen romcoms like The Summer I Turned Pretty or the Walters Boy shit on Netflix. To all the Boys was a more classic tropey romcom with love triangles, fake romance, drama and misunderstandings. Cuban Girl isn't that. It's never going to take off other than people wanting to bone Kit. Nobody is that interested in baked goods and annoying protagonist

R589 Dang Joe

by Anonymousreply 591February 12, 2024 5:56 PM

Looks like he also went on Seth’s Big Fat Broadway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592February 12, 2024 5:58 PM

And I pressed post in haste. Very much appreciate the cut of those jeans in the crotch

by Anonymousreply 593February 12, 2024 5:59 PM

A busy guy.

Wonder who is styling him in the US

by Anonymousreply 594February 12, 2024 6:02 PM

R588 Totally fair, it's very unknown since we don't know anything about Kit and Maia's current dynamic beyond Instagram likes and the implication of being totally cool with each other. The way Kit is, I can see him being effusive about it being her movie first and foremost.

And wow, looks like they had a whole press day for Joe. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 595February 12, 2024 6:03 PM

R589 Is Andy's show available online? I hear it on Sirius sometimes when I'm in the car but I'm not a regular listener.

by Anonymousreply 596February 12, 2024 6:04 PM

Yeah sorry to the guy that said Sweeney did this but I don’t believe you. Think Joe is getting sent out there by his PR. Good for him. R582 Please no. I used to cringe hard when I was following Bash on social media because his comments were filled with older women thirsting for him.

by Anonymousreply 597February 12, 2024 6:05 PM

Since the thread is almost dead, wonder if Fraulein is happy her Sunshine boy's picture made it to US broadcast TV via his ex boyfriend. Still a generous king

by Anonymousreply 598February 12, 2024 6:06 PM

Joe looks adorable and hot, he’s so fucking endearing and I’m loving this press tour he seems to be on.

by Anonymousreply 599February 12, 2024 6:07 PM

R598 Rent free baby. And your fave face’s card is still declined.

by Anonymousreply 600February 12, 2024 6:09 PM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601February 12, 2024 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!