Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This was made for DL

I can't imagine a more bizarre pairing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 10:47 AM

She Finally Found Someone

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 11:10 PM

Not strange at all. Seth is a great singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 11:14 PM

Seth channelling Sinatra

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 11:19 PM

I hope Barbra and Seth seriously talked about John's problems with his mother.

by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2024 12:10 AM

R4 Please educate me. I don't know what that's about and would like to know.

by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2024 1:44 AM

I like Seth, his talents and his voice. They sound great. And love seeing the recording with the full orchestra (although they all sound so generic these days -- I prefer the classic singers' orchestra backings of the 1960s, including e.g. Tony Bennett's, Frank Sinatra's, and Barbra's from that decade when her voice, arrangements, and recordings blew me away).

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 2:49 AM

Did she try setting him up with Jason?

by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2024 4:01 AM

[quote] [R4] Please educate me. I don't know what that's about and would like to know.

John was an infamous DL poster, also known as the Programme/Major/Resale Book Troll, from a few years back. He was a Japanese-Canadian nursing major.

He would come to Datalounge all the time to share his thoughts, many of which concerned his romantic fantasies revolving around Seth MacFarlane. Disappointingly, none of those were even in the slightest bit erotic--they instead involved long, deep, chaste discussions between the two regarding John's problems with his disapproving mother.

by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2024 4:57 AM

The voice of a generation. That velvet throat stirs something in me and awakens an erotic and sensual part of my essence, long dormant. Remarkable that she sounds the same now as she did at 30. Like a honeyed canary. What a talent. What a legend. It is both lovely yet surprising, to have been gently coaxed out of my grizzled shell on this cool February evening. Thank you for sharing OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2024 5:06 AM

Some artists just don't transition over generational barriers, and are of a product of their time. It’s like how Meat Loaf has the 6th highest selling album of all time (Bat Out of Hell), and has sold more than 100 million records, but I never once heard anyone my generation or younger talk about his music, or ever aware of it for the most part besides maybe the time he was on VH1 for a couple shows a decade ago. He was playing small theaters before he died. Not what you'd expect for someone who sold 100 million records. Barbara reminds me of meatloaf in this way.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2024 5:12 AM

Meat Loaf **

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2024 5:12 AM

Interesting R10. The only differences are that Barbra has a recording career spanning 7 decades, is generally considered one of the greatest voices ever, and in her last live performances was playing to sold out arenas. But other than that just like Meat Loaf.

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2024 5:19 AM

R9 and R10 back to back is absolutely sending me.

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 5:21 AM

R12 There’s no name recognition for anyone under 40. Those are just the facts. I mean yes, every year my mom digs out the Christmas Songs album by noted Christian person Barbara Streisand. Her “Jingle Bells” is a serious jam. But she’s not an artist most younger people are familiar with.

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2024 5:24 AM

My mom just loved her voice and her style. I had no idea SM could sing. He has a wonderful voice.

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2024 5:27 AM

R12 Meat Loaf’s career lasted 54 years. And he was in Rocky Horror Picture Show. Barbara doesn’t have an iconic film like that.

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2024 5:27 AM

I’m with R14. I think some stuff ages better than others and the kind of music she made just hasn’t aged that well. It’s not a reflection of her at all. She seems like a nice lady and she was certainly important in her day.

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2024 5:32 AM

I think she was very popular in the 60s & 70s.

My favorite song by her is "Memory" from cats. BTW.

Bottom line, I think I'm too young to appreciate her talent and I'm in my mid 50s.

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2024 5:34 AM

R10 Barbra reminds me of a meatloaf, as well.

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2024 5:36 AM

"Mary" me all you want, but I love that song. I especially like the Josh Groban version.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2024 6:11 AM

Too young r18? Oh honey, try too vacuous.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2024 8:00 AM

Seth really needs to come out. Who is he fooling at this point?

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2024 8:21 AM

He looked great on Bill Maher the other night. You could tell he was frustrated and a little shocked at some of Bill’s responses. He pushed back a bit but remained cool.

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 8:35 AM

What’s the problem, OP, they both sound great.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 10:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!