Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"They Called HIm Mostly Harmless " documentary about Vance Rodriguez

I followed this story when law enforcement was trying to find out his identity. The documentary is out now on Max.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 7, 2024 3:40 AM

I followed this case,before he was identified

Too bad he turned out to be an abusive asshole

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 11:48 PM

Several people featured in the documentary were sad when they learned about his history.

by Anonymousreply 2February 11, 2024 5:09 AM

Was he a nomad like Fern?

by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2024 8:23 PM

He was a domestic abuser

by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2024 10:14 PM

You DL bitches must watch this documentary! It turned out it’s a lot LESS about the mysterious dead guy and a lot MORE about the unhinged flyover fatties in the websleuth community.

Seriously, it’s DL catnip!

by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2024 10:28 PM

Watched this yesterday. They could have edited it down and cut 30 min off of the time but it held my interest

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 11:21 PM

[quote] You DL bitches must watch this documentary! It turned out it’s a lot LESS about the mysterious dead guy and a lot MORE about the unhinged flyover fatties in the websleuth community.

I liked that the documentary touched a bit on the issues that go on in web sleuth communities. I thought that the one woman Kristy was a cunt to refuse to speak to some of the hikers. It was shitty how some people harrassed that poor guy Ben. But, I also didn't care much for that other web sleuth Natasha.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2024 5:18 AM

R3 He wasn't a nomad. It seemed he worked in IT for many years in Brooklyn before doing a thru hike.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2024 8:22 PM

Just finished it. I loved it. Knew nothing about the story.

What a cast of characters.

My favorite was the purple haired woman. She has a good heart and seemed to have a sense of humor.

That dry cleaning employee Christie has Cheryl energy. Her behavior during the credits was lol.

by Anonymousreply 9March 4, 2024 2:01 AM

R9 is my soul brother.

Christie IS Cheryl!

(You had to feel bad for her, but she is the kind of person who does herself no favors- that bitch had a new mood every moment)

by Anonymousreply 10March 5, 2024 12:38 AM

R10 - yes she is Cheryl.

The wreaking havoc on Internet forums, the hysteria, the nonstop judgment, the likely stinking puss, the arm braces because of too much typing, the very severe eyeliner, the gait, the vague reference to a fire, the sister… it all screamed Cheryl.

I guess we found her.

by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2024 2:44 AM

Christie probably does annyong posts on sites like WebSleuths.

by Anonymousreply 12March 5, 2024 4:55 AM

I love the last minute-

SHE WAS DECAPITATED!!!! (Hysteria, tears)

3 seconds later-

Hey Charlie, what's up!?

What the friggity FUCK???

And her sister? What was up with her?

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2024 1:59 PM

I have only watched this once, but will probably watch again later. I think Christy's sister was disabled and she is the primary caretaker. They were living in some kind of extended stay hotel.

by Anonymousreply 14March 5, 2024 2:05 PM

Can someone post what this story is about?

by Anonymousreply 15March 5, 2024 2:10 PM

IMDB says "A hiker found dead in Florida wilderness is identified by internet sleuths after 2 years. His identity triggers more questions as multiple hikers claim to have met him, but he never revealed his name." I watched but also thought it was too long.

by Anonymousreply 16March 5, 2024 2:17 PM

Sounds boring.

by Anonymousreply 17March 5, 2024 11:35 PM

Sounds like everyone involved is weird, marginal, and horrible. Life is too short.

by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2024 11:56 PM

Thank you, R5!

I’m about fifteen minutes in, and this IS catnip!

by Anonymousreply 19March 6, 2024 1:14 AM

I wish somebody would make another documentary but this time JUST about the websleuth community. It sounds like a shitshow of a trainwreck and Christy was completely insane.

by Anonymousreply 20March 7, 2024 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!