Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How many are actually watching the Superbowl?

Despite parties, is it just background noise? Will you be shopping at Ikea or watching Lifetime or the Puppy Bowl?

by Anonymousreply 34February 12, 2024 2:57 AM

Puppy Bowl team.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 6:30 PM

I never watch it. I might go to the grocery store then. I assume there will be a lot of people at the grocery stores today.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 6:31 PM

Not being American, I have no interest in your sportsball games.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 6:32 PM

I'll be watching...as long as it's not a complete blowout by the end of the second quarter.

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 6:33 PM

I'll be asleep. 🥱💤

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 6:34 PM

Boyfriend loves football so we will be watching, but I am more into the commercials and entertainment. It would have really been something if the Lions had made it, feel like the Kelce/Mahomes families are overexposed.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 6:34 PM

I want to go to the local sports bar, but last year it was already packed when I got there. I won't stay if I can't sit down at the bar. I don't like Usher, and Joe Burrow is the only football guy I root for, so it's no big deal if I miss it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 6:38 PM

I stopped watching once Tom Brady left The Patriots. I have no interest in it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 6:45 PM

Plenty of dancing queens will be watching it in the hope that Beyonce soars into the stadium as some sort of last-minute Halftime Show surprise.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 6:47 PM

Watching. I don’t have a preference for either team but I am in a pool at work and want to win.

The closest IKEA is closed on Sundays. And on the East coast the game starts at 6:30, all stores close here by 6:00 so shopping is not really an option.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 6:51 PM

Alicia Keyes is going to appear with Usher *yawn*

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 6:58 PM

I watch for the commercials, but nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 7:00 PM

I can't believe people actually watch 3-4 hours just to see ... commercials.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 7:46 PM

Non-American here. Those big-budget SuperBowl commercials are only aired once during the SB or do they get aired on a regular basis on tv channels after the game?

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 7:50 PM

For big companies, the commercials will just join their lineup of ads on other TV shows. In some cases, a smaller company may blow its entire ad budget on the one airing of the SB ad, so then it's a one-time occurrence.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 7:54 PM

My partner and I are NFL fans.

We'll watch but, we avoid the pre-game hype and wait to tune in at kick-off.

I predict, and hope, the 49ers will stick to their so-far play-offs win pattern - sleep walk through 2 or 3 quarters than turn the switch to ON and win.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 7:57 PM

I’m just now recovering from severe Covid and my mom was just sent, for the first time, from a hospital to a nursing home for rehabilitation from a recent illness. I’m just not in a celebratory mood this year. Plus…. I’m really put out by Swift n Kelce talk.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 8:03 PM

No. Never have I ever.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 8:06 PM

A friend is using the SB as an excuse for a cookout, so I'll be doing that.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 8:13 PM

My partner and I will be glued to the screen. I was born in San Francisco, my parents' first date in 1948 was a 49ers game at Kezar stadium. It's not that I love the game although I kind of do, but that football was a way of connecting with my family, and the Joe Montana years gave us some happy, uncomplicated celebrations. My brother was a huge fan who died young, so I remember him every time the Niners score.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 8:22 PM

[quote] my parents' first date in 1948 was a 49ers game

They couldn't wait a few more months?

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 8:24 PM

R21 Hah, that's what everyone says. If I wasn't so autistic I would lie.

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 8:25 PM

I don’t give a shit!

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 8:38 PM

Anyone here go to IKEA?

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2024 12:19 AM

Love it this year, with Niners and Chiefs playing. I have lived in both cities, but am more of a college football fan. The commercials are always worth watching, and Nick Bosa did a major crotch readjustment of that sweet package in the first quarter. The crotch watching for both teams is excellent, as not many wear a cup anymore. You girls are missing out!

by Anonymousreply 25February 12, 2024 12:34 AM

I tuned in to watch some football, but all I see are black people lip synching.

by Anonymousreply 26February 12, 2024 12:34 AM

My best friend usually visits on Sundays, so I anticipated having to endure the Superbowl. He didn't come over today, so I escaped it.

by Anonymousreply 27February 12, 2024 2:37 AM

OP-We're homosexuals events of that type are not our cup of gay tea- as it were

by Anonymousreply 28February 12, 2024 2:42 AM

I'm watching without the sound on, because Romo is fucking annoying. He never shuts up.

by Anonymousreply 29February 12, 2024 2:44 AM

I know this has something to do with Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 30February 12, 2024 2:52 AM

She’ll be gittin’ a good ruttin’ tonight!

by Anonymousreply 31February 12, 2024 2:54 AM

MAGAts' heads explode.

by Anonymousreply 32February 12, 2024 2:56 AM

I can’t fight the allure of Romo’s permanent shit eating grin.

by Anonymousreply 33February 12, 2024 2:56 AM

Straight male commentators talking about football sound so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 34February 12, 2024 2:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!