Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who does spellchecker think it is?

My spellchecker is getting uppity. I want to type the word “ill” but spellchecker changes it to “I’ll.” This kind of effrontery happens more and more.

I don’t even know whom to blame? Apple? Google? Muriel?

Stop the madness!

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 6:41 PM

Doesn't 'uppity' come with its own problems? Never mind ill or i'll.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 5:24 PM

Between the "whom" and the needless use of a fussy word like "effrontery," I think you can safely blame yourself.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 5:24 PM

I think uppity is fine when applied to a computer program.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 5:25 PM

turn it off

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 5:40 PM

My garmin gets pissed if i dont follow her directions, after the third time she starts huffing then i unplug her.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 6:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!