Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elder gays I’m watching Something’s Gotta Give

This is a lovely little film. I forgot how good it was actually. I miss mainstream lite comedies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 6:34 PM

I love this movie. Diane looks gorgeous and she and Jack make a great team. Supporting cast is excellent and Keanu is sexy as hell. This and It's Complicated are my feel good films.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 5:37 PM

Marilyn was great in her parts of the movie that got filmed.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 5:39 PM

Is that the one where Diane goes full frontal?

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 5:48 PM

Would it really have been possible for a playwright to afford a house in the Hamptons back then, or should we assume that she had wealth from other sources?

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 5:55 PM

This is a Nancy Meyers world so frau fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 5:57 PM

I used to keep this movie on my DVR. When I couldn't fall asleep I would play it. When Amanda Peet would attempt to be cute and sexy with Nicholson I would think "how ridiculous is she" , roll over and fall right asleep.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 5:57 PM

He's fucking the daughter AND the mother! My daughter. My mother. My daughter. My mother.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 6:02 PM

I believe Meyers is quite tetchy about how much the set designs of her movies get talked about, but Diane Keaton’s Hamptons House in Something’s Gotta Give was like a touchstone for upper-middle-class frau taste. That kitchen was THE kitchen for like fifteen years!

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 6:30 PM

R6 LOL

I know she was decent in most of it but Diane Keaton's crying scenes were awful. Neither convincing nor funny. She was it lucky it was such a weak year for Best Actress at The Oscars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 6:33 PM

R3 I think just tits and ass.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 6:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!