Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you regret anything you've posted here?

Especially for longtime DLers.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 1:48 PM

Not one thing.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 3:58 PM

No. I'm (allegedly) cunty, but every comment was deserved.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 4:04 PM

I wouldn't say I regret this, but I used to mercilessly mock what I considered to be poor musical tastes. I stopped, because even if I hate someone's music, too bad for me. My mom hated my music, and I know she was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 4:06 PM

I started coming here in my early 20's and expressed a great deal of foolery that came from being young, inexperienced, and bold. I cringe over that, but I also see the cringing as a measure of my growth and maturity that's backhandedly therapeutic.

I also revealed more personally identifiable info in the 2000's than I'd dream of being comfortable with these days, which makes me grateful the archives aren't extensively available (I'm trusting you, Muriel!).

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 4:12 PM

I’m so very new to DL with no regrets yet and I would never,ever say anything ”cunty”,,,

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 4:16 PM

What do 20 and 2000 possess?

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 4:21 PM

OP- Yes.

I regret the many threads I started here on the datalounge that got ZERO responses. I believe it's still better for someone to say something negative as the only response then NO responses at all.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 4:21 PM

r5 ,,,

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 4:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 4:21 PM

I shared my private shame - nodes. I know. I couldn’t stand the attention at the time, but I powered through that journey.

Sure, I sound like a toad with COPD, but I’m still thin and very beautiful and rich and people say my neck isn’t too skinny and it’s my hair that makes my head look big and not my forehead.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 4:22 PM

Wow,still thin,beautiful and rich,and that neck/head thing, how wonderful for you!

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 4:37 PM

[quote]Do you regret anything you've posted here?

No, OP, but with all my heart I still love the man I killed.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 4:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 4:41 PM

[quote] Especially for longtime DLers.

Longtime DLers would be conditioned not to show any sign of weakness by admitting any actual regrets on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 4:45 PM

No, but I sometimes regret the time I’ve wasted posting here.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 4:53 PM

Regrets, OP? I've had a few, but then again...

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 4:58 PM

I've posted thousands of time, so can't remember all of them.

But aside from a few terribly stupid threads I started (I quit trying to start threads years and years ago with very few exceptions), the vast majority of my posts were written with good humor and (mostly!) coming from a place of honesty.

I am sure I'd regret a few if I could read all of them, but none come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 4:58 PM

I share any regrets with Hendrick's.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 5:23 PM

Nothing I can think of

[quote]I also revealed more personally identifiable info in the 2000's than I'd dream of being comfortable with these days, which makes me grateful the archives aren't extensively available (I'm trusting you, Muriel!).

Given how bad the search function here works R4 I think you can rest easy. Even if the archives are extensively available that means nothing is there is no way to search them. Maybe thats why its never been fixed?

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 5:24 PM

Why would I relive that here and now?

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 5:27 PM

I regret not proofreading before posting.

Dozens, perhaps hundreds, of times.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 5:30 PM

yeah i've overreacted to pedants and grumpy boomers here and there

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 5:39 PM

[quote]I regret not proofreading before posting.

Oh yeah theres that R21 Ive osted misteaks hunrids of times

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 5:47 PM

I regret a few late-night posts, that were fueled by a bit too much liquid courage, leading to an incoherent mix of typos, sentence contortions, and grammatical faux pas. Let's call it a linguistic adventure, shall we? Of course, the roasting ensued, but thankfully, a few perceptive DL'ers saw through the haze and offered merciful understanding. The chorus of "Oh dears" was like a symphony of linguistic concern, a gentle reminder that the grammar police were forever lurking nearby. Never before had I waltzed so close to their patrol!

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 5:52 PM

Late-night drunken posts, whether riddled with errors or not, have proven some of my favorite DL reading over the years.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 6:00 PM

Oh Great....teacakes back as Tasha1.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 6:38 PM

A few times.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 1:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!