Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Neighborhood drama. Which side should win?

My neighbors are fighting because Jason, who lives next door, accidentally ran over Lisa's cat. Lisa wasn't home and no one in the neighborhood knows her phone number, so Jason couldn't contact her to tell her what happened. It was only midday and he couldn't just leave the cat on the street with a broken leg and panting, so he took the cat to a local vet. He went to Lisa's house later that evening when she came back from work to explain the situation.

She was relieved at first when she heard the cat was okay, but she got angry when they discussed who should pay for the vet bill. I don't know the exact amount, but the bill was very expensive. Lisa thinks Jason should pay because he ran over the cat, and Jason thinks he saved the cat's life by taking it to the vet.

What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 10:56 PM

The vet!

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 12:58 PM

People who let their cats roam outdoors are asking for trouble. She should pay.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 12:59 PM

Jason should contribute. The cat didn't run under his wheels

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 1:03 PM

Animals run straight in front of cars all the time R3

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 1:05 PM

Like sands through the hourglass... so are the Days of Our Lives.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 1:08 PM

Split the cost. Lisa shouldn't let her cat out, especially when she isn't home.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 1:10 PM

Agree with R6: Splitting the bill seems fair.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 1:13 PM

R2 has it right - it is the owner’s responsibility.

If you leave your possessions unattended they can easily come to harm.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 1:19 PM

Your neighbor’s big mistake was not finishing what he started.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 2:05 PM

I don’t understand people who let their cats outside and then get outraged when the animals get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 2:06 PM

I would never let my cat outside, but if I did, I'd be home. I close up my dog door when I'm out cause the pool guy has left the back gate open before. I'd rather put pads down then risk my dog being out and I don't even know it. They should both pay and Lisa should be slapped viciously.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 2:06 PM

R11 is your pool guy hot?

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 2:13 PM

Cat owner here. Lisa is 100% responsible.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 2:16 PM

R12 He's alright. He's flaky though, and super not friendly. I think I'm getting rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 2:24 PM

A similar situation happened to my mom. She let her dog out in the front yard, without a leash. The dog proceeded to chase chase a neighbor cat up a tree. The cat fell out of the tree, and broke a leg. My mom paid for the cat’s vet bill. I thought that they should’ve split it, since they were both bad pet owners. In my mom’s defense, she is 80 and grew up on a farm.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 2:59 PM

I think Jason should pay. I know it sucks for him but he ran over the poor cat.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 3:13 PM

Lisa should pay. Bad cat owner.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 3:19 PM

Some cats are simply outdoor cats all their lives. But in that case, you have to accept the risks. Lisa should pay, and thank Jason for being kind enough to take the cat to the vet for her.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 3:20 PM

Is Jason a hottie?

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 3:32 PM

[quote]In my mom’s defense, she is 80 and grew up on a farm.

She was not on a farm when the dog attacked the cat, and old age is absolutely no excuse for a misbehaving dog. If she was too old to control it she needed to re-home the dog.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 3:35 PM

Does automobile insurance ever cover animals that were run over?

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 7:56 PM

That depends on the size of the policy R21.

When you unfold it!!

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 10:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!