Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden’s very bad week: could the calls be coming from inside the White House?

Let’s say that you have two camps inside the White House

One camp is Biden loyalists, careerists who are probably able to exercise a lot of influence on an over 80 President who may be declining more than the public knows about; buttressed by the mind-guard mentality of Washington party loyalists.

The other camp is Democrats who actually want to win elections. These are the idealists. Maybe there are also some disaffected people in the administration, say, I don’t know, a certain sidelined token vice president.

Biden has been doing a lot of fundraisers within the past few weeks. Fundraisers also want to win elections. They may not like what they see when he comes to speak to them.

Now I have said the Republicans are going to swap out Trump for Nikki Haley for a while now. The polling of Haley versus Biden (15 in Wisconsin, which Democrats won by 0.6 points in 2020) was too alarming to ignore, as well as Biden’s own record low approval ratings.

The time for Biden to drop out and for Democrats to replace him is now or never. It has to be done within the next week in order for Democrats to be able to assemble at least two alternatives by Super Tuesday, March 5.

What if the idealist camp was able to get an upper hand, able to draw in some worried loyalists even, reach out to sympathetic voices in the media - who of course would love another candidate, because it gets them more ratings and clicks, and push everything to a head this week? The very last possible second? When Lyndon Johnson dropped out March 31, it was too late.

The media pivot against Biden because of his age began in earnest earlier this week, before the press conference, which I thought was a little too coincidental. It was like “Now, a warning?”

by Anonymousreply 208February 14, 2024 10:45 AM

Another NAGA Haberman adjacent NYT hit piece? Or the WaPo?

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 12:39 PM

See r1 you would be in the first camp.

But yes, you are correct. Hit pieces. Many many hit pieces all coming together a little too neatly this week. Many articles which should have been written last October suddenly being asked right now, all at once.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 12:43 PM

I will also add that Biden’s fundraisers tend to be in California. These are the same people who fundraise for Gavin Newsom, Gavin Newsom very much wants to be President. There might be some dialogue going on.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 12:47 PM

The Democratic party is the only functioning political party in the United States. Unlike you people, Democrats actually win elections and actually value the rule of law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 1:05 PM

All of this noise is just to distract from Monday’s deadline of whether Fatty is going to appeal to SCROTUS regarding the “yep, prosecute that cunt” ruling that came down last week from the DC court.

He WILL be prosecuted and he WILL lose.

But please continue throwing up dust in the hopes of obscuring that.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 1:09 PM

Here's another example of the contempt you people have for this country 👇

This summit, tedious as it is, is a meeting where all the heavy hitters get together to discuss serious world issues.

This is what was sent to represent the United States..

Sending this to represent US, was a middle finger and the rude gesture was not appreciated by the other attendees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 1:12 PM

If I vote for Biden, I know he has a good team behind him at the White House who will be behind him taking care of our nation and making the right decisions.

Do you know what kind of team you will be getting with donald trump?

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 1:17 PM

Pukkkes complain about "careerists" surrounding President Biden but don't have a critical word about Insurrection Barbie being sent to a world summit to represent us.

Magats,think it is qualified and see no conflict of interest in this,but the rest of the world does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 1:19 PM

It was really interesting to find out dump is a first generation American and two of his baby mamas, illegals. I didn't know this about dump.

The way he carries on about MAGA, you would think his people came to the United States on the Mayflower!

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 1:22 PM

He’s a poseur and a liar, r9. Always has been, always will be.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 1:43 PM

He's busy running planet Earth. He doesn't have time to do stand-up routine rallies around the U.S.

Lose Biden and you lose: Ukraine, NATO, abortion, LGBTQ rights and marriage, climate change reversal, renewable energies, Democracy, punishment for Jan 6th domestic terrorists, Obamacare, Taiwan and punishment of the Trump Crime Syndicate.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 2:17 PM

R11

Why would you think another Democrat would not support largely the same agenda only without Biden’s drawbacks - his age and personal unpopularity?

That is what my skepticism with hardcore Biden supporters is: why?

Why are you defending the Maginot line?

The Maginot line was a line of heavy fortifications the French built along the German border to prevent invasion after WW1. The Maginot line had a major flaw in that it was not built on the border with the Low Countries. When the Nazis invaded, they simply went around the line through Belgium.

Or the water-tight compartments of the Titanic. They did not seal them at the top. Water simply spilled from one compartment to another like an ice cube tray, sinking the ship.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 2:51 PM

[quote] Now I have said the Republicans are going to swap out Trump for Nikki Haley for a while now.

🤡

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 2:54 PM

Remember Biden was always unpopular with the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. He supported Clarence Thomas and the invasion of Iraq. There is no particular reason for a liberal Democrat to continue to support him other than IMO the conservativism for a certain generation who came of age during Reagan and whom Biden reminds them of. These people also hate Millennials and Zoomers and don’t want them choosing a new President.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 2:56 PM

I have no problem with Biden and the economy is promising. The plan was for Biden not be an omnipresent twitter troll but I don't think the messaging is working out very well for democrats. I think there's time to pivot to a new person. Is there nothing in American politics beyond Trump and Biden?

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 2:57 PM

Attention to all Gavin Newsome fanbois/fangurlinas: outside of California (and even in parts of CA), Gavin Newsome is political poison.

He is the laughing stock of American governors. California has unique, major problems which Newsome can't even begin to understand much less attempt to solve or mitigate.

Gavin Newsome as the great Democratic Party hope is pure fantasy completely separated from reality.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 3:03 PM

I wish he'd pick Gavin as his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 3:06 PM

I wish Gavin would replace him. And we all decide to just run with it. Not be agist but I'm not excited to see where Biden will be as a leader in 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 3:13 PM

I've come to think, in the past day or so, that the age issue all being so front-and-center this week is a good thing for Biden. He is old, and has real issues speaking in public... yes, it's obvious he's "an elderly, well-intentioned, man" This was always going to be a primary issue in this re-election campaign. So let's put it out, let's talk about it, let Biden (and, critically, others we trust) speak about how the Biden administration functions, and what role Biden as sagacious Boss works. Plenty of time to acknowledge the issue, meet it head on, and, if not exactly pivot it to a positive, make America comfortable about it. Thank you Robert Hur for getting this is process!!

R16 You don't understand American politics. You sound like Trump critics... circa 2015. People hate him! He has a shitty record! He's just a joke! America responds to a Media Head who holds their attention, who is "bigger than life"... the intangible, mysterious reaching out through the screens to push people's buttons. Newsom has exactly what Trump had (I think Trump's lost his edge now and is just a cult leader, but he was The Great Entertainer in 2016).

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 3:14 PM

The senile old fool will just keep going on television and proving everything they are saying is right.

Can't he give one speech without cussing like an old man who didn't get his cookie at the old folks home lunch?

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 3:14 PM

[quote] The time for Biden to drop out and for Democrats to replace him is now or never.

The time was six months ago or never. We have chosen the way of never.

It's Biden. Now eat your supper.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 3:15 PM

I don’t care if Biden is leaving his security keys in the WH refrigerator, dragging an oxygen tank and can’t remember who he’s looking at in the mirror.

I will vote for him or whoever is the Dem candidate to be the US President.

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 3:33 PM

Governor Handsome being political poison and President Biden being half dead is an internal matter to be sorted out by the Democratic party. You are not a Democratic party member, do fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 4:50 PM

Your political party has been cannibalized by maga and intends to have the US resemble the ruins of the Republican political party.

Your judgment is impaired and your track record abysmal.

STFU.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 4:55 PM

But how can the Republicans get away with swapping Haley for Trump? I agree that there are potential signs that Biden is being thrown under the bus - unusually hostile press questions, more hit pieces than normal, etc. But Haley for Trump? That can't happen unless he croaks.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 4:55 PM

R11, we already lost abortion rights.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 4:59 PM

WOW,great back/forth, trump constituents believe trump is the countries SAVIOR, they say saviors don’t always come in perfect package,their relentless and their numbers are incalculable because they don’t poll and they LIE!

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2024 5:09 PM

If they were to swap in Haley for Trump, they lose some of the maga fanatics that probably don't usually vote, but they gain probably more moderates and independents who think Biden is too old and can't deal with Kamala. I think she wipes the floor with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2024 5:15 PM

[quote]But how can the Republicans get away with swapping Haley for Trump?

How they always planned to:

PAY.

Trump had an 84 million judgement against him. He only has $400 million cash on hand and more legal judgments coming. He drops out, he gets money to pay his bills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2024 6:13 PM

I agree with Shawn Fain (the president of the UAW): the Biden age stuff is BULLSHIT.

The economy is soaring. Lowest unemployment and lowest sustained unemployment since the 1960s. Lowest unemployment for blacks, ever, and for the first time, ever, Black unemployment below 4% for an entire YEAR. Every fucking month we get prognostications that the economy is cooling and new jobs figures will be a disappointing 150,000 - 180,000 (how is that disappointing?) and then they consistently come in at 300,000+... and crickets from the media (and certainly no apology for the consistent underestimation). GDP is consistently higher than expected. And for the first time in living memory (probably longer), we've avoided a recession and instead enjoyed a "soft landing" after inflation crept up... but which was tamed and conquered by the Biden administration with no job losses, no slowdown, no mass layoffs, no pain. Inflation is now at or nearly back at the point where it's been for decades.

America stands alone in the world in post-pandemic recovery, and our leadership throughout the world has spread with Europe, the Middle East, and Asia (less China due to their insane economic management that finds destroying entire cities preferable to unemployed masses) enjoying riding our coattails. Biden said it the other day: when he took office, the country was on its knees. He got us up, back on our feet, restarted the economy, got shots in arms, and lead us out of the abyss.

For the first time, ever, a sitting president cast his lot with working class Americans... and won. The UAW negotiated a tough, fair employment contract and the strike worked largely due to Biden. And what happens next? He's old. He's senile, He can't walk. Yadda yadda yadda, Biden should drop out in favor of... it doesn't matter because they're going to lose, too. Only our great savior Orange Jesus, who will dismantle literally everything that ACTUALLY made America great in favor of rich, white, straight Christian men, and that will be so. much. better.

If this country votes Biden out in favor of Trump, we will only get what we deserve: Russia's economy, Hungary's dictatorship, and China's incredibly low standard of living (for the 99%; the 1% will do just fine, thank you). It's sad to see the American experiment in self governance end. It sure was good while it lasted!

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2024 6:28 PM

See, the person at r30 talks like an AI. I don’t believe he is AI, but he talks like one. Have you ever talked to a Scientologist? That’s what they sound like.

We cannot let brainwashed authoritarians determine the future of the party. People like R30 must be pushed out.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2024 6:50 PM

As someone whose descendants practically came off of Mayflower, that crusty orange needs to go back to his country!

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2024 6:55 PM

I don't think this is coming from Newsom, he seems genuinely okay with waiting his turn in 2028 and Dems wouldn't want to dirty him up by trotting him out right now in a haphazard campaign that would cause conflict within the party.

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2024 7:10 PM

Who is "we" and which party are you referring to? You people destroyed the Republicans and now you are trying to meddle in the Democratic party.

Why don't you clean up your own mess, which is huge and fetid?

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2024 7:11 PM

A. Huge. Fetid. Stinking. Mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2024 7:12 PM

How is governor handsome political poison? I'm certain the right would have plenty of objections but can't of anything truly damning offhand myself

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2024 7:23 PM

[quote] I don't think this is coming from Newsom, he seems genuinely okay with waiting his turn in 2028

Okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2024 7:30 PM

[quote] Who is "we" and which party are you referring to? You people destroyed the Republicans and now you are trying to meddle in the Democratic party.

As I said, we cannot let Scientologists - and schizophrenics - speak for the party. These people must be pushed out. They have no judgment or rationality. They are completely brainwashed. The fearmongering Democrats took advantage of during the Trump presidency was always going to create lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 38February 10, 2024 7:33 PM

Whatever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2024 7:34 PM

See all these people are obsessed with things that have HAPPENED. They are replaying Who Shot JR every day. Americans need to move forward, the Democratic Party needs to move forward. We can’t keep going around and around like an autistic kid on a tricycle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 10, 2024 7:43 PM

[quote] How is governor handsome political poison? I'm certain the right would have plenty of objections but can't of anything truly damning offhand myself

Moderates would never vote for him. Trump Jr’s girlfriend would love airing out all his dirty laundry which includes rehab and fucking staffers. No one from California is ever becoming president. The place is a dumpster fire. Newsom took a surplus and turned it into a deficit in one year.

by Anonymousreply 41February 10, 2024 7:48 PM

"Remember Benghazi. Forget J6"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 10, 2024 7:48 PM

" no one from California is ever becoming president". Conversely, "Ronald Reagan is the greatest president in the history of the republic"

by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2024 7:50 PM

Governor Handsome "fucks staffers" and your orange god?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2024 7:56 PM

This is a nothingburger R37 2028 is only 4 years away. He should start doing things like this to raise his national and global profile.

by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2024 7:57 PM

Your orange god grabs pussy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2024 7:58 PM

Then why did the LA Times write that it was unusual?

Seems somebody only likes facts when they are convenient to them.

by Anonymousreply 47February 10, 2024 7:59 PM

[quote] We cannot let brainwashed authoritarians determine the future of the party.

If you've ever wondered why nobody takes Bernie Bros seriously r31, this is why. The fact that you think Biden is the authoritarian in this race tells us all we need to know about you.

by Anonymousreply 48February 10, 2024 8:00 PM

Liberal Californian Caitlin Flanagan had nothing good to say about Newsom last night on the Bill Maher show.

"I can’t imagine him having the gall to run (for president) when he’s run this state into the ground.” She added, “He looks very shiny, but he is not willing to do the hard things to make this state better.”

by Anonymousreply 49February 10, 2024 8:00 PM

Biden is not the authoritarian. His supporters like you are. You have no reason for continuing to push Biden other than authoritarianism.

by Anonymousreply 50February 10, 2024 8:02 PM

Discounting facts is congenital to magats. It's the foundation of its core beliefs. Who was it who mixed the truth with a lie all the time to keep you discombobulated?

Was it satan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 10, 2024 8:03 PM

Why are Balkans so interested in the American Democratic party's inner workings. It's really too weird

by Anonymousreply 52February 10, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote] we already lost abortion rights.

No, you lost a constitutional right to abortion. You think that’s all you have to lose? Oh my god. The republicans are waiting to say, “hold my beer.”

by Anonymousreply 53February 10, 2024 8:10 PM

His people tried to protect his image during his whole term by keeping him off camera except for very brief Q & A sessions after speeches. Therefore when he does make a gaffe it stands out so much.

His absence also is a missed opportunity to energize voters. It remains to be seen if they hid him due to his age or just because he likely has some ADHD and would veer off on tangents.

His shouty outrage about the accusations of memory loss unfortunately made him sound like Grandpa Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 54February 10, 2024 8:12 PM

We're not "pushing" Biden r50. This is not some conspiracy at the DNC. This is the incumbent president as usual running for re-election and winning primaries handily. You want an alternative? Jump on board the Dean Phillips train or the Marian Williamson. Don't demand that everybody else stop and come around to your particular designated candidate in some weird version of "will of the people" in some magical way.

by Anonymousreply 55February 10, 2024 8:14 PM

Meanwhile his predecessor is giving a completely unhinged campaign speech this afternoon and it will be crickets in the media.

by Anonymousreply 56February 10, 2024 8:16 PM

[quote] No, you lost a constitutional right to abortion.

Yes, exactly, this is being fought out state by state, and also to a certain extent at the national level. What the Supreme Court actually ruled was that we are actually going to have to fight for abortion rights.

Great. That process has already begun and wherever it's on the ballot abortion rights win. That is the deal. We need to keep doing that again and again, and that means NEVER voting Republican. They have made it very clear where they stand on this issue.

by Anonymousreply 57February 10, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote]This is the incumbent president as usual running for re-election and winning primaries handily.

HE’S EIGHTY ONE YEARS OLD

THE ONLY TIME ANY MAJOR COUNTRY HAS PUT FORWARD A CANDIDATE THAT OLD AS THE SAVIOR OF DEMOCRACY, IT DID NOT GO WELL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 10, 2024 8:22 PM

TRUMP IS 77 YEARS OLD AND YET YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR IT IN MULTIPLE TIMES AND IN MULTIPLE STATES.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 10, 2024 8:25 PM

MAN ARRESTED IN WIFE'S MURDER NOW ACCUSED OF VOTING FOR TRUMP IN HER NAME

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 10, 2024 8:27 PM

When you have to start your case with “let’s say”…

by Anonymousreply 61February 10, 2024 8:30 PM

[quote] and crickets from the media

What? CNN & MSNBC always have pro-Biden people on touting the strong economy and jobs numbers.

Even WSJ had an editorial last week about how the economy is soaring and why people don’t understand this.

by Anonymousreply 62February 10, 2024 8:32 PM

Are you a Democratic party member? Your opinion regarding the fitness of the incumbent presidential candidate will count, literally count, in the primary elections.

by Anonymousreply 63February 10, 2024 8:34 PM

Josh Shapiro, Governor of Pennsylvania, is being mentioned as a viable replacement nominee for the Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 10, 2024 8:52 PM

Here were the Dem primary runners up in 2020. We had a bunch of older candidates then too. Why is that? Bernie, Warren, Bloomberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 10, 2024 8:52 PM

r41 is also:

[quote]The Marxist left needs to be destroyed

by Anonymousreply 66February 10, 2024 9:28 PM

Now or never?

Never, OP.

Are you a low information, lazy Independents?

by Anonymousreply 67February 10, 2024 9:31 PM

Was supposed to be a Biden thread. But...... Oh look another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 68February 10, 2024 9:37 PM

President Biden is not and has never been a Marxist or even a leftist. Please. Shut. Up.

by Anonymousreply 69February 10, 2024 9:38 PM

Oh look, another magat. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 70February 10, 2024 9:39 PM

Most Democrats didn't want Biden in 2020. He was forced on us by George Clyburn and those black church ladies in South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 71February 10, 2024 9:51 PM

Keep trollin', r71.

by Anonymousreply 72February 10, 2024 9:58 PM

"us"=magat interloper

by Anonymousreply 73February 10, 2024 10:14 PM

“George” Clyburn, r71? Cognitive kettle, meet the pot named decline.

by Anonymousreply 74February 10, 2024 10:15 PM

It wasn't Clyburn alone. It was the behind the scenes organization and whipping of Tom Perez and the DNC that made the major move for EVERYONE to support Joe Biden. Clyburn was the window dressing while Perez was in the back working the machines and sewing up the deal for Joe. Tom Perez doesn't get enough credit.

by Anonymousreply 75February 10, 2024 10:25 PM

Fuck senile Joe Biden and the bicycle he rode in on. If he cared about the the country he would pass on 2024 and give the nomination to someone still cognizant and competent to run.

by Anonymousreply 76February 10, 2024 10:48 PM

Sorry r76, Joe said he was a transitional president. Nowhere did he say it was going to take one term.

We need to makes sure Joe has a Senate Super Majority so he can finish the 40 year Republican reign of terror that Reagan started.

by Anonymousreply 77February 11, 2024 12:00 AM

You sound *ever* so grumpy, r76.

by Anonymousreply 78February 11, 2024 12:02 AM

[quote] We need to makes sure Joe has a Senate Super Majority so he can finish the 40 year Republican reign of terror that Reagan started.

I love how a career centrist is being rebranded as a strident liberal by his pathetic lackeys.

I don’t like Gavin Newsom but at least I’m sure he never would have supported Clarence Thomas or the Iraq War.

by Anonymousreply 79February 11, 2024 1:46 AM

I don't think we can in any way ensure that Joe has some Senate Super Majority in any way. We are still set up to have the rural states have an outsized influence, and we just have to deal with that somehow.

by Anonymousreply 80February 11, 2024 1:48 AM

R76, I don't think that's fair. I doubt Biden is aware of how unwell he is. That's the nature of the illness.

by Anonymousreply 81February 11, 2024 1:51 AM

you know what we need to do? And it won't be easy. We need to do something about our excessive love of presidential government. We have been drifting this way for about 70 years, but we have it in us to reverse the process. And this is not some slam on Biden. It's the presidency itself that we have allowed to get wildly out of control. That's the thing, deep down, we all need to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 82February 11, 2024 1:52 AM

That’s because congress has become more and more gridlocked thanks to state gerrymandering and shithole low population red states having just as many senate seats as larger, more populous states.

In order to get even the smallest things done, the president has had to resort to executive orders.

But that’s the way the libertarian KKKoch KKKunts want it, so they can bitch it’s “not working” and get their dictator installed.

by Anonymousreply 83February 11, 2024 2:15 AM

But it's also how ALL of us want it, deep down r83. We all need to stop wanting it. We all need to stop deciding this is the country we want. It's really the only way.

by Anonymousreply 84February 11, 2024 2:17 AM

I feel so much better about this election this weekend... it's counterintuitive, but everyone has thought how old Biden is. Now it's plainly described, out in the open, no one can deflect. Biden will be much more present in the media now, not "hiding", and he'll be the goofus he always has been, and America will see an old man.... with a great track record of the last few years, with ideas about how to move forward, with world leadership at stake. And he'll take and release medical exams and challenge his opponent to do the same. By November folks will have decided how to react to the "age" issue of both candidates. And Biden will win by 6-7 million votes, and, likely, win enough of the swing states to be President for four more years.

Truly, I think this week has been exactly the thing Biden needed.

by Anonymousreply 85February 11, 2024 2:26 AM

[quotes] That’s because congress has become more and more gridlocked thanks to state gerrymandering and shithole low population red states having just as many senate seats as larger, more populous states. In order to get even the smallest things done, the president has had to resort to executive orders. But that’s the way the libertarian KKKoch KKKunts want it, so they can bitch it’s “not working” and get their dictator installed.

No, that’s the way the Founding Fathers wanted it. They did not trust the people to create a legislature so they merged the New Jersey and Virginia Plans to create a bicameral house. This would allow large states and small states to have an equal say in the legislature. Joe Biden has a career because of the New Jersey Plan, as he almost certainly would have never achieved recognition as a Senator if he was representing one of the country’s smallest states in a Senate where population determined representation. If every state was allotted one senator for every one million people, rounding up or down, Delaware would have one Senator and California would have 39.

You know very little about history or government. You appear to have no actual political values other than partisanship.

by Anonymousreply 86February 11, 2024 2:29 AM

[quote] Truly, I think this week has been exactly the thing Biden needed.

The Iraqi Information Minister posts here now.

by Anonymousreply 87February 11, 2024 2:29 AM

Maybe r85, all I know is polling is weird these days. I truly think pollsters really don't know what will happen, and that is not because I think they are dishonest or incompetent. It's just a weird new world, and nobody knows what is going on, yet.

by Anonymousreply 88February 11, 2024 2:29 AM

[quote] Biden will be much more present in the media now, not "hiding", and he'll be the goofus he always has been, and America will see an old man.... with a great track record of the last few years, with ideas about how to move forward, with world leadership at stake.

This really is how old people think. It’s quite remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 89February 11, 2024 2:31 AM

R80, If Democrats can tie Abortion and the corrupt Supreme Court to the election, then the women in red states, like Kansas and Ohio before, can get rid of long term red state burrowed in Senators.

It's the Senate stupid.

by Anonymousreply 90February 11, 2024 2:32 AM

I think you are right r90. I suspect this will be the "Women's Election" in a way we have not seen before.

by Anonymousreply 91February 11, 2024 2:34 AM

R87 Not the least because the circuit court's clear and solid ruling that Trump is not immune; Citizen Trump. Which will be virtually impossible for SCOTUS to intervene. DC trial goes forward. Trump convicted in August.

Yep, now the campaign will need to address the age issue in new ways. Yep, Trump is lined up for conviction. Yep, internet social media posts are losing steam.

by Anonymousreply 92February 11, 2024 2:34 AM

[quote] no one from California is ever becoming president". Conversely, "Ronald Reagan is the greatest president in the history of the republic

No one from California now, dingbat.

by Anonymousreply 93February 11, 2024 2:37 AM

[quote] I don’t like Gavin Newsom but at least I’m sure he never would have supported Clarence Thomas or the Iraq War.

He supported the Iraq war.

by Anonymousreply 94February 11, 2024 2:38 AM

I have always thought it will be a problem for Gavin Newsom, being from California. But I think he can do it, anyway. He really does have that extra something. He could be president.

by Anonymousreply 95February 11, 2024 2:39 AM

R91, It is amusing that The Evangelical Women's Temperance movement not only got Prohibition passed, but the women's right to vote. Men were able to reverse Prohibition but it took Roe to return women to the status of Vaginas on Legs WHO VOTE.

Women will drive this election.

by Anonymousreply 96February 11, 2024 2:39 AM

[quote] He really does have that extra something. He could be president.

Not happening. Too much baggage.

by Anonymousreply 97February 11, 2024 2:42 AM

Newsom wasn’t supporting the Iraq war at least in 2005.

by Anonymousreply 98February 11, 2024 2:43 AM

The election is Biden vs Trump. I loathe Trump and I’m certainly not in love with Biden. That’s it though, that’s just where we are. There is no secret third option. Gavin Newsom will not be nominated, coconut Kamala will not be nominated, Haley won’t edge out Trump. It’s Biden vs Trump. You can stay home, you can vote for Marianne Williamson; you’ll only be depriving Biden of your vote and swaying the election towards Trump.

When I see people on Twitter (some of whom I’m friends with in real life) saying shit like “Biden is the driving force behind a genocide in Palestine”, it’s totally mind boggling. Trump would be worse on Israel policy in every way. Much much worse. He’s told us. Cornell West would probably be better on the Israel question but he’d be a dumpster fire most everywhere else. You can abstain from voting Biden on moral “I stand with Palestine” grounds, but you’re only increasing the likelihood that we (USA) get more deeply and more violently involved and make shit 100 times worse.

by Anonymousreply 99February 11, 2024 2:43 AM

[quote] The election is Biden vs Trump.

Nope! Not after this week.

by Anonymousreply 100February 11, 2024 2:46 AM

with Gavin, I think people are thinking 2028, at least anybody with a clue. And there, I wonder. I don't know, but he of all has a chance.

by Anonymousreply 101February 11, 2024 2:46 AM

Fuck you r93, magat shitbag lying ass scum

by Anonymousreply 102February 11, 2024 2:47 AM

When Trump was first being thought of seriously, 2015: "no one from New York will ever be elected President now."

by Anonymousreply 103February 11, 2024 2:48 AM

I don’t particularly like Gavin Newsom but against Trump he has the advantage of being young and new; and against Haley he has the advantage of being a white male.

He really could pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 104February 11, 2024 2:50 AM

I’m abstaining on Biden because of the genocide in Palestine. Biden facilitated this. No other President would have allowed this. Maybe Trump yes, but he’s fucking nuts. I just can’t do it. I can’t do it. I knew Biden was a hawk when I voted for him, but the sheer immensity of this war is beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 105February 11, 2024 4:25 AM

“No other President would have allowed this”?

Please open a history book. I’m begging you.

by Anonymousreply 106February 11, 2024 4:30 AM

Well, r 105, what are you going to cry about once Dump let’s Bibi wipe any trace of your precious Gaza off the map?

You think this is genocide? I guarantee you, any Palestinian anywhere near Gaza will be obliterated. Any survivors will be lured out with food and shit on sight.

Bit do go on wailing about much better the orange traitor will be Gaza.

by Anonymousreply 107February 11, 2024 4:30 AM

See the person at R107 clearly shows Biden’s supporters are pro-war. These people were never really liberal.

by Anonymousreply 108February 11, 2024 5:22 AM

Everybody warned you republicans were going to use AI in this election, and now they are. Big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 109February 11, 2024 5:26 AM

Just Trump begging for money, as usual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 11, 2024 5:46 AM

R108, absofucking amazing how you twist proDemocracy into proWar. But I wouldn't expect less from a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 111February 11, 2024 5:57 AM

R111 given your cavalier and flippant attitude toward the plight of the Gazans, you were never pro-democracy. You are an authoritarian. You simply dislike Trump because he is the wrong type of authoritarian. Most likely, you support Netanyahu because he is the type of authoritarian strongman you wish the United States could have.

by Anonymousreply 112February 11, 2024 11:36 AM

I’m sensing there may be some backlash to the media piling on the Biden’s memory story given the excessive, credulous coverage and the fact that Trump is making outrageous statements about NATO, disrespecting military service again (his statement about Haley’s husband), and on and on…..

by Anonymousreply 113February 11, 2024 12:01 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 114February 11, 2024 12:03 PM

This is the New York Times. This is coordinated. This is coming from the Democratic Party to force Biden’s exit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 11, 2024 1:38 PM

That Ross Douthat article lays out exactly how Biden could step down. He suggests waiting until the convention in August. The chaos would minimize the backlash if Kamala got dumped from the ticket. Democrats could pull things together quickly, especially since Trump is so undisciplined.

by Anonymousreply 116February 11, 2024 1:42 PM

Ross Douthat is not our friend. Waiting until August would be catastrophic. 1968 people.

It has to be done NOW.

by Anonymousreply 117February 11, 2024 1:44 PM

I’m available!

by Anonymousreply 118February 11, 2024 2:12 PM

Australians are parasitic who take American jobs and interfere with American elections

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 11, 2024 2:39 PM

R119 = incoherence.

We must resist letting the damaged thinking of MAGA infect our country. Please, go sit in a corner of Arby's and take a breath.

by Anonymousreply 120February 11, 2024 3:14 PM

[quote]He supported Clarence Thomas

No, Biden voted [italic]against[/italic] Thomas.

As for replacing Biden with HRC, in case you forgot, we tried that already. Trump beat her. Biden beat Trump. I expect to vote for nice Grandpa next November. I think he can beat evil Grandpa. I know HRC can't.

by Anonymousreply 121February 11, 2024 3:38 PM

R121 Yep, that's the strategy. You have two grandpas. One is drunk, smelly, sits on the porch and jerks off in public and yells at you. The other wants to take you to the soccer game and buy you popcorn. Be smart: vote for Good Grandpa.

Seriously, I think Biden will begin acknowledging age, its effects, be open and available to the press much more... and talk about all he's done and all that needs to happen in the next four years.

by Anonymousreply 122February 11, 2024 3:44 PM

Given the tentative condition Biden is in today, how can anyone possibly believe he would be capable of being President until January of 2029?

by Anonymousreply 123February 11, 2024 3:51 PM

And yet here you are following along you stupid cunt

by Anonymousreply 124February 11, 2024 3:55 PM

How could anyone imagine that Trump will live to election day?

by Anonymousreply 125February 11, 2024 3:56 PM

R123 He's old. He mixes up his words. His arthritis makes him walk stiffly. He has deep understanding of world political realities. He is FDR-like in his values and ideas about what government can do for the middle class. He's completely capable and he'll be President for four more years. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 126February 11, 2024 4:00 PM

Bless your delusional heart, R126, you stupid bastard.

by Anonymousreply 127February 11, 2024 4:14 PM

R127 No irony in this statement honey: Time will tell, not you.

by Anonymousreply 128February 11, 2024 4:22 PM

r112, I am pro-Biden foreign policy. I am a single Democrat who believes that the people he votes for know a lot more than he does concerning foreign policy. But I find it sincerely truthful that Markwayne Mullin and came out as a Military Industrial Capitalist.

His plea that aid to Ukraine is not really aid to Ukraine, but a ramping up and feeding of American MILITARY PREPAREDNESS. If there is no aid to Ukraine, there are no military contractors making money off of fighting off their Putin. And if it comes to making money or supporting Putin, MarkyWayne wants to make money.

MarkyWayne is the true man behind the curtain.

FYI:

When elected to Congress, Mullin owned Mullin Properties, Mullin Farms, and Mullin Services, in addition to Mullin Plumbing. In 2012, he reported between $200,000 and $2 million in income from two family companies, and another $15,000 to $50,000 from shares he held in a bank.

In 2010, Mullin received an associate's degree in construction technology from Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology. He is the only currently serving SENATOR without at least a bachelor's degree.

Uneducated Capitalist

by Anonymousreply 129February 11, 2024 4:23 PM

[quote] He is FDR-like in his values and ideas about what government can do for the middle class.

Only someone deeply in PSYCHOSIS would dare compare Biden to FDR.

by Anonymousreply 130February 11, 2024 4:23 PM

But I know where the comparison is coming from. There are people who will lie down on tracks for the leadership myth of the wise old man. This is Papa Smurf Syndrome.

Granted, in reality Papa Smurf was based on Karl Marx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2024 4:27 PM

R130 This was a very common assessment for the first two years when Congress was in Dem's hands. More children lifted out of poverty than any time since the 30s (child tax credit). It's a commonplace to map out the legislation and executive orders of the first two years. Things have been chaotic since Rep's took the House.

Keep up. Read more.... outside your bubble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2024 4:32 PM

[quote]Only someone deeply in PSYCHOSIS would dare compare Biden to FDR.

Biden was charged by Obama to reconstruct the economy after the Bush crash of 2008. He did. It is where he learned how to reconstruct the economy after the once in a century Pandemic. He did. Biden shepherded through a divided PARTY, Obamacare, a permanent addition to the American Safety Net. All the legislation Biden has signed has made him look like FDR and LBJ PUT TOGETHER.

The psychosis is yours, R130.

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2024 4:37 PM

Words to live by . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2024 4:43 PM

I think you're right. It will be Haley, not Trump. He'll voluntarily step aside. If they try to force Trump out, he'll just run on a third party and hand the election to the Democrats. There will be backroom deals and Trump will bow out gracefully.

And Biden is half way out the door already. He'll drop out of the race just so he can finish his term without being completely humiliated by the media.

The two octogenarians will be gone from the race by this summer, thank god.

Dems are talking about Michelle Obama? I dunno, does she even want it?

Obama v Haley. That would be one for the books.

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2024 4:45 PM

Thank you for posting from your dreamworld r135, but back in reality it will be Trump and Biden.

And really, people are still doing the Michelle Obama game? Why?

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2024 4:49 PM

[quote]Biden was charged by Obama to reconstruct the economy after the Bush crash of 2008.

No, he did not. Again, you are lying to yourself and everybody else. Obama’s economic team was Tim Geithner, Larry Summers. Peter Orszag and Christina Romer. Biden was selected for his foreign policy experience.

You are either lying through your teeth or grotesquely ill informed, and frankly, you seem like you might be a sex-crazed psycho with a grandpa complex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2024 4:50 PM

Speaking of which,

When Biden steps down, I will masturbate. I will have DL on my iPad in one hand and my dick in the other, and jerk off while I read the posts of the Biden hardliners.

by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2024 4:52 PM

wow, bitch, you can't even manage to jerk off to the right Biden r138

by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2024 4:54 PM

Even CroMarge knows which Biden to... get the feels over!

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2024 4:56 PM

[quote]Dems are talking about Michelle Obama

Dems? No, Democrats know and listen to Michelle when she says she has no interest, hates politics, and would absolutely under no circumstances accept any nomination nor even a suggestion of same.

Michelle Obama will never be POTUS. She will never run for POTUS.

Stop the nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2024 4:58 PM

The funny part is that everyone thinks Biden is too old and should drop out, yet Trump, who is only 3 years younger and simultaneously spouting garbled, factually incorrect claims, and goes off on tangents so divergent from reality that it is breathtaking and yet gets a free pass from ageist criticism. Hmm... I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2024 5:03 PM

[quote]Dems are talking about Michelle Obama

No, it's the Republicans -- like Texas' nutcase Lt. Gov. -- talking about it, presumably because the prospect of a black woman scares their base so much they'll up their political donations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 11, 2024 5:04 PM

Trolldar r130... her trolling is 100% subpar.

by Anonymousreply 144February 11, 2024 5:05 PM

Yup, it's all there r143. "The Democrat deep state run by Barack Obama." Typical dumbfuck Texas Republican, useless and racist and absolutely full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 145February 11, 2024 5:11 PM

[quote]...Biden. Don't you American cunts have anything else more important to think about in your day than your laughing stock of a President who was extremely homophobic not that long ago?

DarkMinge, I'll just point out right here that it was Joe Fucking Biden who went on [italic]Meet the Press[italic] (when it was legitimate and respected) and laid the groundwork for acceptance of marriage equality when no one else had the balls to do so.

And if Biden is your definition of a laughing stock, bring on the comedy!

by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2024 5:13 PM

Biden was never "extremely" homophobic. DarkMinge as always is in a state and a drug stupor.

by Anonymousreply 147February 11, 2024 5:17 PM

[quote]I think you're right. It will be Haley, not Trump.

A lunatic AI SOCK PUPPET talking to itself when no Haley post has been made?

by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2024 6:20 PM

R144 : obsessive compulsive disorder troll identifier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 11, 2024 6:37 PM

Yes, r149, I admit it...I'm a troll identifier. There's only *one* reason you'd have a problem with that.

by Anonymousreply 150February 11, 2024 8:45 PM

r149=

[quote]When Biden steps down, I will masturbate. I will have DL on my iPad in one hand and my dick in the other, and jerk off while I read the posts of the Biden hardliners.

by Anonymousreply 151February 11, 2024 8:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 11, 2024 8:52 PM

President Joseph Robinette Biden’s No-Good Very Bad Week

by Anonymousreply 153February 11, 2024 8:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 11, 2024 8:56 PM

R152 Just a little reality testing: think if Obama had said this in 2008? Tea Party/Pre-MAGAs would truly have raised VIOLENT objections... those same humans totally support Trump saying this.

America is on the verge of ending. Another country takes its place.

by Anonymousreply 155February 11, 2024 8:58 PM

Oh look, another Biden is an old grampa thread.

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems.

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan.

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health.

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above)

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan.

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act.

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits.

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket.

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement.

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland.

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden.

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions.

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue.

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history.

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan.

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins.

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation.

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027.

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze

by Anonymousreply 156February 11, 2024 9:21 PM

24. Cannot remember any of the above.

by Anonymousreply 157February 11, 2024 9:30 PM

r157 = DJT

Who can only remember his own tax cuts for the poors are set to expire January 2025.

Mo Money, Mo Money!

by Anonymousreply 158February 11, 2024 9:34 PM

R157 That's it? That's what you got?

by Anonymousreply 159February 11, 2024 9:37 PM

You'd think they'd have upped their game after failing to get their orange god elected four years ago, R159, but it seems instead they've regressed.

by Anonymousreply 160February 11, 2024 9:47 PM

Will there be enough psychiatrists’ couches on November 6th to handle all the distressed Bidenites?

by Anonymousreply 161February 11, 2024 10:15 PM

HA HA HA HA, OP! Turns out it was a less than 36 challenging hours for Biden since Orange Dipshit WIPED HIM OFF THE FRONT PAGES and ignited a global scandal about NATO and his complete unsuitability for office! And people will remember that! It isn’t going away!

HA HA HA HA! It was a completely TERRIBLE week for Trump and the GOP with MANY MORE TO COME!! HA HA HA HA!

You even missed the under the radar stuff that happened on Friday - looks like Trump Arse & Haemorrhoid Licker & Pretend Judge in her spare time Aileen Cannon is going to be removed from the Florida documents case AND Fani Willis & Nathan Wade have pretty much successfully defended themselves in Georgia so that case will likely be unaffected by Michael Roman’s shit stirring nonsense (which we always knew was nonsense given even Trump’s hesitance to sign onto it).

AND the GOP still can’t count! AND doesn’t understand that if you want to win a vote you have to pay attention to what your guys are doing - NOT the opposition!

SO MUCH WINNING!!

by Anonymousreply 162February 11, 2024 10:28 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 163February 11, 2024 10:48 PM

R162 how’s the autism going?

by Anonymousreply 164February 11, 2024 11:06 PM

R151 let me make it easier for you so you don’t have to do all that work.

by Anonymousreply 165February 11, 2024 11:07 PM

Keep advertising your idiocy, r165.

by Anonymousreply 166February 11, 2024 11:15 PM

R166 I may even livestream it here.

by Anonymousreply 167February 11, 2024 11:17 PM

It doesn't get less idiotic the more you post it, r167, but knock yourself out.

by Anonymousreply 168February 11, 2024 11:20 PM

Wow. The dumb incel MAGA troll not only doesn’t understand Democrats but also knows nothing about gay men.

Why would we care when you’re going to masturbate? Our advice would be do it soon, don’t wait. Prepare for immediate blindness.

by Anonymousreply 169February 11, 2024 11:22 PM

Hi, I am a Democrat. I will say this. I didn't want Hillary only because I knew she could not win. If Biden had run against Trump the first time he would have won and then none of this would have happened. He beat him this last time and has done an amazing job as president no matter what lies the GOP, Trump, Faux News and Newsmax push. I will vote for him again, I want him to be president to finish the job he started and keep all of the success he has had going.

by Anonymousreply 170February 11, 2024 11:35 PM

Get back in bed, R170, before the head nurse discovers you’re wandering again.

by Anonymousreply 171February 11, 2024 11:44 PM

Warning: R170 and R171 is the same poster.

by Anonymousreply 172February 12, 2024 12:23 AM

Warning: DW Reed now posts here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 12, 2024 1:18 AM

Now on Tik Tok!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 12, 2024 1:52 AM

R172 is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 175February 12, 2024 2:30 AM

I'm surprised senile Biden didn't get mixed up and end up on OnlyFans instead of TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 176February 12, 2024 2:17 PM

Enough about Biden's age! Biden in a coma would still be a million times better than Orangina.

by Anonymousreply 177February 12, 2024 4:28 PM

Gee, I wonder why trolls are so eager to see Biden step down?

by Anonymousreply 178February 12, 2024 4:33 PM

No r178 because we fear a poorly polling elderly man will lose.

Why do you want Biden to stay on so badly? Perhaps it is you who is the Russian troll.

by Anonymousreply 179February 12, 2024 4:36 PM

[quote]Why do you want Biden to stay on so badly? Perhaps it is you who is the Russian troll.

Project much, r179?

by Anonymousreply 180February 12, 2024 4:44 PM

It’s worth considering. Russia would love a weak old President like Biden in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 181February 12, 2024 4:51 PM

Putin would prefer Trump, r181. Are you retarted?

by Anonymousreply 182February 12, 2024 4:58 PM

Those who don’t want Biden to run/win know that he will cede the office to Harris and that is unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 183February 12, 2024 5:00 PM

Oh look, another Biden is an old grandpa thread.

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems.

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan.

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health.

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above)

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan.

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act.

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits.

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket.

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement.

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland.

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden.

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions.

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue.

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history.

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan.

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins.

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation.

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027.

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze

by Anonymousreply 184February 12, 2024 5:01 PM

Maybe Putin would prefer either Trump or Biden in the White House to a younger person.

by Anonymousreply 185February 12, 2024 5:02 PM

Who gives a shit who Putin prefers?

by Anonymousreply 186February 12, 2024 5:05 PM

If you genuinely believe that Haley will be the nominee you can make good money betting on her.

I think it's crackers. Trump's huge ego will never let him stand down for her. He already hates her for being against him. It completely misunderstands his character and how he has to be the center of attention. Also he doesn't trust anyone so he'll want to be the one in charge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 12, 2024 5:11 PM

Putin has one objective, to expand the Russia to Imperial Russian size.

Here is a thought to consider, Kaliningrad is one bid nuclear stockpile bunkered inside of Northern Europe.

He knows he doesn't need to negotiate.

by Anonymousreply 188February 12, 2024 5:14 PM

People who want to win elections are not “idealists,” OP. People who want to win elections are realists.

Idealists are people who think kids blocking traffic for climate change is a good thing. They think putting up a liberal black female candidate in a rightwing white area is the right thing to do because it shows democrats give black women experiences they’ve never had before. “So what if we lose? We did the right thing.”

The people who want to win elections say “Pick this middle aged white guy who has a gun, a pickup truck and is a veteran and a former Republican.”

by Anonymousreply 189February 12, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote]If you genuinely believe that Haley will be the nominee you can make good money betting on her.

I am betting on Haley defining the 30% of Republican Never-Trumpers.

The 30% of traditional Republicans who cannot prevent Trump from being nominated, but the 30% who can guarantee he will never be president.

GO NIKKI!!

And she needs to ask Where is Melania?

by Anonymousreply 190February 12, 2024 5:58 PM

Maybe Muriel could just create a splash page for the 23 Points of Biden's Greatness. Then the poor cut-and-paste poster can rest his weary fingers.

by Anonymousreply 191February 12, 2024 6:10 PM

The only way Trump will drop out and let Nimrata run is if he's in a casket. He's running to stay out of prison. I still can't get over the trolls insisting otherwise.

Then again, if I was a basement dwelling incel with no social skills or BS detector, I might think the same.

by Anonymousreply 192February 12, 2024 6:28 PM

R192, And Biden is running to keep Hunter out of jail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 12, 2024 6:31 PM

Oh c'mon, r193, up your game. You just keep getting stupider and stupider.

by Anonymousreply 194February 12, 2024 6:35 PM

R193 Wow, that's lame. Try harder, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 195February 12, 2024 6:38 PM

[quote]Maybe Muriel could just create a splash page for the 23 Points of Biden's Greatness. Then the poor cut-and-paste poster can rest his weary fingers.

Or perhaps Muriel could just run a separate "ASSORTED FEDERALIST SOCIETY TROLL HORSESHIT" sub thread where we could ignore your endless obsessive shitposting.

Category 1: OMG SO CONCERNED BIDENZ OLD!

Category 2: OMG THE ILLEGALZ!

Category 3: OMG THE TRANZ!

Category 4: OMG WOKE WOKE WOKEITY NONBINARY DEI CRT ANTIFA!

Lord knows you wouldn't be missed.

by Anonymousreply 196February 12, 2024 6:44 PM

I believe that Franklin was right, and we have to fight for our Democracy one Troll at a time.

My fingers need no rest.

by Anonymousreply 197February 12, 2024 7:01 PM

R193 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198February 12, 2024 7:49 PM

[quote]He knows he doesn't need to negotiate.

He's also aware he'll be vaporized about 10 minutes after he tries to use it.

by Anonymousreply 199February 13, 2024 12:49 PM

Republicans in disarray!

Texas Senator John Cornyn and Texas AG Ken Paxton engage in catfight:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 13, 2024 4:53 PM

All of these public fights are nothing but political theater.

I hope the voters of Texas take not that their Republican Senators are getting nothing done FOR TRUMP.

by Anonymousreply 201February 13, 2024 4:55 PM

More Republican insanity!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202February 13, 2024 4:58 PM

^ It's really disgusting that the country has to be held hostage by Dump and his MAGA stooges.

by Anonymousreply 203February 13, 2024 6:55 PM

You want a,b,c,d,e,f,g.

Here Republicans you get a,b,c,d,e,f,g.

Trump; Kill it.

Bible Mike: Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 204February 13, 2024 7:13 PM

Meanwhile back on Earth 1:

George Santos won NY03 by 8 points in 2022;

Suozzi won it by 6 points in 2024.

A 14-point swing in two years.

The polls were RELENTLESS in saying the race was tied.

Polls are bullshit.

The Dems can keep the House and the White House in November. (Senate will be tight for a number of reasons)

by Anonymousreply 205February 14, 2024 3:59 AM

A Democrat won in New York City? Maybe they’ll have black basketball players in the NBA soon!

by Anonymousreply 206February 14, 2024 4:27 AM

It’s not nyc, it’s Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 207February 14, 2024 5:21 AM

Is that smidge of Queens considered NYC?

by Anonymousreply 208February 14, 2024 10:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!