Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Five-year-old Palestinian girl found dead after being trapped in car with dead relatives

On January 29, Hind Rajab had been traveling in a car with her uncle, his wife and their four children, fleeing fighting in northern Gaza, when they came under Israeli fire, according to the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS). “The child and everyone in the car were found killed by the Israeli Army.

The PRCS also confirmed the death of two ambulance workers dispatched to rescue the girl.

Israel should be shunned by the world. Israel is barbaric.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 2:01 PM

The occupation deliberately targeted the Red Crescent crew despite obtaining prior coordination to allow the ambulance to reach the location to rescue the girl.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 10:25 AM

[quote] Israel should be shunned by the world. Israel is barbaric.

The Middle East should be sealed off from the rest of the world so we can all safety ignore it. The Middle East is a shit hole.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 10:30 AM

This is so complex, as Islamist and radical orgs like Hamas collapse social services with terrorist acts and/or extremist beliefs, like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, but I think the IDF is taking this to the extreme. I support Israel's right to exist, but this is indeed barbaric and against international agreements. Time will not be kind to what the IDF has done, and this is hatching another generation of anti-semitic extremists. There are other ways to achieve the eradication of Hamas and protect the country within the confines of international law.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 10:33 AM

Did she condemn Hamas?

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 10:40 AM

I also want to say, I get how the rabid pro-Israeli perspective has developed, even though I don't agree with it. Israel does have a right to defend itself, within the confines of international agreements. Anti-semitism is indeed nasty, libelous, and has to be killed with fire before it spreads. However, I think this approach has programed people into having black-and-white thinking that leads to the environment we have now. Rational conversations around these issues are so rare, and it's so sad to see people who just want to live their daily lives being killed and caught in the middle of this in Gaza, including the remaining hostages that are there.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 10:49 AM

Israel's response is excessive and barbaric. Israel continues to kill innocent civilians. It's disgusting and must stop. Netanyahu and the Israel war cabinet are animals.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 10:58 AM

It’s interesting that none of the surrounding Islamic shithole countries make any attempt to take in any of these Palestinians.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 10:59 AM

It's not interesting, it's infrastructure. They'll overwhelm any country they'll go to.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 11:01 AM

Israel defending itself should not include carrying out continual barbarism against innocent Palestinians.

Israel now plans to bomb Rafah--the exact location in southern Gaza where Israel told the Palestinians to go. Now a million innocent Palestinians are living in refugee camps in Rafah, and Israel wants them moved out. Where are they supposed to go? Israel has destroyed the rest of Gaza. For all those saying Israel has a right to defend itself, the Palestinians have a right to live.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 11:03 AM

I agree with you, r9, but it's just impossible to have a rational, moderate, conversation about this, even in geopolitical circles, because the political costs are so dear. Israel has not changed their approach since Sharon came into power, the US unwaveringly supports this, and here we are.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 11:20 AM

How was a dead girl "trapped" in a car with dead relatives?

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 11:22 AM

Based on my reading, a girl was traveling in a car and everyone in the car was killed by Israeli military. Ok horrible.

The girl was not "a living girl trapped in a car with her dead family, the poor girl lingering for days, then dying in that car". Which is what the headline seems to imply.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 11:36 AM

So it was the family that found the car with their deceased relatives?

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 12:36 PM

"Hind Rajab was fleeing the city with her aunt, uncle and three cousins when the car they were travelling in appears to have come face to face with Israeli tanks, and come under fire.

Audio recordings of calls between Hind and emergency call operators suggest that the six-year-old was the only one left alive in the car, hiding from Israeli forces among the bodies of her relatives."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 12:38 PM

Well I read it again. I obviously misread it. Forgive my posts. She was alive for a moment in the car yet her family was dead while she made the call for help. Then they killed the girl, too. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 12:40 PM

Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 12:42 PM

I know it sounds horrible, but so many of these kids/teens resemble the gyspies who harass me here in the UK, and it makes it hard for me to sympathize with the Palestinian people. Yes, I know that's irrational, but these kids have the exact same face type/features as my bullies.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 12:42 PM

I am very pro Israel and I am very anti Islam but this is very difficult to read. What is happening? What is Israel doing? I am so confused and upset.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 12:51 PM

Does hamas Still have the hostages or have they raped and murdered all of them yet. Hamas would throw all of us off rooftops. Period .

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 12:52 PM

R 3 nailed it. Very complex. History will not be kind. I too agree Israel has a right to exist. I deplore Hamas and I deplore the IDF for these horrific acts of brutality.

I am an American Jew . That child’s face will haunt me forever — reminds me of my daughter at that age .

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 1:37 PM

Poor girl! Her husband is probably married to another 5 year old by now inshallah.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 1:45 PM

I have zero fucks to give about palestinian deaths. They are a horrid, genocidal, jew, gay and kafir-hating mob. Israel's furious response is completely justified.

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 1:47 PM

Preach R22, and I heard that little bitch was all about hating the gays at daycare

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 2:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!