Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Silliest accents

What makes your list of shame?

5. Boston - the rumours are all true

4. South African - pure comedy

3. New Zealander - I can’t take them seriously

2. Israeli - heinous kh-kh-kh noises

1. Black British aka Multi-Cultural London English AS SPOKEN BY WOMEN (men sound fine) - makes me physically sick because they sound like they’re spitting out mouthfuls of food

Dishonourable mentions to Queenslanders from my native Australia, Cantonese and Québécois.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 4:20 PM

I normally find the “original” version of a language to be the prettiest, like French in France and English in England — But I’ll make an exception for Spanish.

Spanish in Spain usually sounds silly, especially with the lisp. It sounds much better in Latin-America.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 8:42 AM

You're a FUCKING RACIST.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 8:43 AM

Poll? What poll?

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 9:00 AM

Nicole Kidman.

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 9:02 AM

Madonna, the British years.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 9:02 AM

Bogan trash

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 9:03 AM

Queensland, ay?

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 9:04 AM

M. with that ridiculous “A dingo’s got my baby!”

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 9:07 AM

[quote] You're a FUCKING RACIST.

Against the Americans, South Africans, Kiwis, Israelis, British, Australians, Chinese and the Canadians? Against all of them?

Dear me. 💅

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 9:09 AM

I tend to find (American) Southern accents musical and charming but I have met 5 different people of 3 separate ethnicities from swampiest Mississippi and I failed to understand 2/3 words.

Ditto during my uni years a very recent Egyptian expat who was my economics lab tutor. He was so nice that no one complained to faculty.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 9:21 AM

Hilaria Baldwin

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 9:25 AM

My Great Lakes flatness - overly pronounced consonants, a flat grin on the vowels as if we’re going to start slurring or spitting.

This is the opposite of sexy.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 9:49 AM

Dublin accents with the hard t: turty tree and a turd. And it's really mumbly if you're not used to it.

Northern Irish accents are bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 9:58 AM

R2 is EVERYTHING wrong with this world.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 10:13 AM

Cajun accents sound silly and almost like a put-on.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 12:02 PM

OP: Stick it up your arse.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 12:05 PM

Charming interplay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 4:16 PM

Staten Island?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 4:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!