Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cannabis is legal and prices are dropping

Not only can Massachusetts residents purchase cannabis and even have it delivered, but the prices are dropping.

There’s even a dispensary on Newbury Street that is open 24/7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2024 5:41 AM

Hi, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 5:59 AM

Hello, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 10:42 AM

What an ominous photo.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 10:46 AM

Good News!

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 11:07 AM

Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 3:12 PM

[quote] Nobody cares.

A lot of people may not care, that is true.

But I would not include you in that list.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 3:46 PM

You will care when you need pain relief and they tell you to take a Tylenol, unless you just got in a car wreck and your arm is ripped off, or have cancer, you are on your own. No more pain meds for back pain, or period pain etc.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 6:17 PM

Even better, I still use my medical prescription to avoid paying sales tax and I get a 10% discount because I was on MassHealth during the pandemic.

Unfortunately there's only one local dispensary that currently delivers to my home.

it's not like San Francisco where there 5 dispensaries within walking distance at one point, but I'm also "far" from Boston and other local major metros.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 6:26 PM

This is how you get a monopoly. Reduce prices so low you’re not making a profit. Dont worry about bankruptcy - just take out bank loans til you put everyone else out of business. It’s communism for billionaires. “Only one shop for everyone, like GUM.”

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 7:13 PM

In my legal state it’s not quite as cheap. $25 an eight in what looks like a great sale more often $30-$40+prices.

What has dropped in prices from a quick look is the grey area sales in DC. no rec sales but you can get free pot a gift if you buy a sticker or similar.

$360 for a QP advertised at one place for decent indoor . For a sticker or similar the QP is actually a free gift.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 7:31 PM

Personally, I’m so sick of walking down the street, pulling into the grocery store parking lot, going to a park or the beach, etc and getting engulfed in pot smoke. It’s literally everywhere and pot addicts don’t care anymore about smoking in public wherever they please. Sad that some people can’t just go through there day without being stoned. Total losers.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 8:37 PM

Like R11, I find the smell of cannabis on the streets of Boston very unappealing.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 10:06 PM

A little birdy told me that shrooms can be found pretty easily in certain SoCal dispensaries, but you didn't hear that from me!

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 12:20 AM

If you are around cannabis smoke, you must live in the hood/ghetto, quality people vape or use edibles, only trash still smokes, you live in trash.

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2024 6:30 PM

R11 The last time I was in Moscow and smelled weed on the Arbat I thought, "Hey, it's the smell of freedom."

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2024 7:00 PM

R15 = Britney Griner!

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2024 7:03 PM

I smell marijuana smoke in downtown LA all the time.

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2024 7:06 PM

R16 I was there before she was. In fact, the first time I was there was before she was born.

Granted, she was there longer and not staying at the Metropol. Things have changed in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2024 7:09 PM

[quote] If you are around cannabis smoke, you must live in the hood/ghetto, quality people vape or use edibles, only trash still smokes, you live in trash.

How interesting, R14.

Though I don’t think the Back Bay of Boston would ever be referred to as “the hood” or “the ghetto” or “trash.”

If you disagree, then I am exceedingly happy to “live in trash.”

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2024 7:13 PM

R14, you might remember that Boston is a college town.

Back Bay is home to several colleges, and undergrads often smoke cannabis.

Berklee College students attend classes and live in the heart of the Back Bay—as just one example.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2024 7:19 PM

It figures 02116 would reek of marijuana.

That's where the laborers that built our homes built their brick row homes on top of reclaimed marshland.

by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2024 8:25 PM

Thank goodness, R21.

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2024 8:27 PM

Kittens smoking pot! Kittens! In Boston!

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2024 11:22 PM

I don’t spend enough time at my place in NYC to get used to the smell of weed there. On some days, every covered space along the sidewalk reeks of skunk weed. Even along Madison Ave and Park Ave it smells like feet every few blocks.

I also wonder if the economic renewal envisioned by legalizing marijuana is actually panning out. It might be a false promise.

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2024 11:32 PM

Does your company do random drug testing? Remember, even though the state says it's okay your employer may not agree.

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2024 8:49 AM

R14 to think that only people in the “hood/ghetto” smoke pot - or that “quality” people only vape or use edibles you are obviously mentally dulled from overuse of pot. Or you don’t get out much because you are stoned.

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2024 9:28 AM

[quote]A little birdy told me that shrooms can be found pretty easily in certain SoCal dispensaries, but you didn't hear that from me! , I’ve noticed that more people naively use psychedelics as a social lubricant, like marijuana or alcohol. They don’t realize how detached from reality they are while tripping. I know one guy who acts like he has early dementia when he “micro-doses”.

Then there are the heavy users who act like toddlers with traumatic brain injury. Joe Rogan, for example. They should go into the woods while tripping, far from public view. It’s just embarrassing to see.

by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2024 10:43 AM

[quote] [R14] to think that only people in the “hood/ghetto” smoke pot - or that “quality” people only vape or use edibles you are obviously mentally dulled from overuse of pot. Or you don’t get out much because you are stoned.

I agree.

I have been to some very nice parties with "quality" people in very expensive townhomes who break out cannibis flower to smoke after dinner. Hardly what I would call a "hood/ghetto" scene.

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2024 3:46 PM

You people run in trashy circles, or you lie which is more likely.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2024 11:13 PM

[quote] You people run in trashy circles, or you lie which is more likely.

1. I do not run in "trashy circles"

2. Nor do I lie.

Why is it hard for you to imagine that there are sophisticated people who smoke cannabis?

by Anonymousreply 30February 14, 2024 4:45 PM

Martha Stewart selling cannabis gummies!,when she’s not grinding pet-friends for dogfood!

by Anonymousreply 31February 14, 2024 4:55 PM

I smoke cannabis with friends who have their PhD’s lolol. No idea where the idea that only “trash” smoke comes from, maybe the youngins who don’t know better? The truth is that my highly educated San Francisco friends prefer to smoke it because only smoking produces the fullest effects of the canniboids (sp?) that you do not with gummies nor vaping. Yes, they vape and use gummies too, but when in full party mode, they smoke because it’s the best high. In other words, your local weed sommelier would have you firing up a blunt to partake the most premium high possible.

No doubt, tons of ghetto folk smoke too because it is also the cheapest way to sustain regular use, gummies are extremely expensive if you are a daily user. And many people hate vapes and don’t trust them. But why judge that? I love smelling it on the streets — smells like freedom. I’m 51, grew up smoking it, never dreamt it would actually finally be legal and so accessible, I think it is awesome. Plus, wouldn’t you rather smell weed than say cigarettes or even booze-breath? Again, smells like freedom to me.

by Anonymousreply 32February 14, 2024 8:28 PM

I live in the trashiest place there is and I don't smell it, and yes Greg, or whomever you are, you live and socialize with trash.

by Anonymousreply 33February 17, 2024 10:54 PM

[quote] I live in the trashiest place there is and I don't smell it, and yes Greg, or whomever you are, you live and socialize with trash.

No one would agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 34February 17, 2024 11:08 PM

But don't you 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒆 even think of smoking tobacco. Especially menthols.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2024 11:14 PM

Unlike alcohol , where a DUI can be judged by the percentage of alcohol in the blood, cannabis cannot be so quantified ,

Yeah I smoked back in the day. I believe those doctors who say it causes unwanted side effects such as holes in the brain, brain fog , etc Go ahead laugh at me. When was the last time you spent some time with a person who has been smoking for the last twenty years ?

I have …. No memory … I can’t ever interrupt this person to ask for clarification mid story . “ don’t do that !!!! I won’t remember what I was saying “

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2024 2:08 AM

[quote] Cannabis is legal and prices are dropping Not only can Massachusetts residents purchase cannabis and even have it delivered, but the prices are dropping.

In Michigan the same thing is happening. We have the Weed Warehouse, which is like a Walmart for weed, and they now offer the Weed Wagon for mobile orders. Weed is bigger than alcohol and cigarettes combined.

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2024 4:40 AM

R36 I guess you’re living proof smoking weed causes brain fog, as that post was was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2024 5:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!