Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Norway may become the richest country on Earth

Pay attention to this video as it may be useful to you in the future

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 7:53 PM

Norway has its shit together.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 10:12 AM

They have a flair for the dramatic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 10:56 AM

I’m interested but don’t want to watch the video. Can some kind person summarize?

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 12:24 PM

A Norwegian once told me that Norway is “the most antisemitic country in the world.” He wasn’t Jewish. And he wasn’t complaining either 🤨

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 12:29 PM

Somebody wanna recap for us? I don't do 40-+ minute YouTube videos.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 12:32 PM

867 statistics in search of an interesting narrative.

That’s it^

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 12:40 PM

r5 I'm guessing its having a small population and being sat on one of the worlds largest oil areas in the world, the profits of which they've spent years putting in a sovereign wealth fund.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 12:40 PM

Norway may become the world's richest country, and they are a social democracy and have universal health care. But conservative in the US tell us that all these things are evil. Just more real life examples that prove what Republicans espouse is bullshit.

The national insurance, or social security, is a collective insurance plan to which all in Norway belong. Citizens requiring medical treatment in Norway are guaranteed medical care and user fees are limited – no one pays more than about USD 250 per year for public health services.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 12:49 PM

R6 - Exactly. I did the first five minutes of it and that's precisely what it is, while also making a strong case for why the country isn't suitable for much growth at all. Modern, small countries will always be wealthy as long as they're evolved. That's no secret.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 12:52 PM

Everybody loves their wood.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 12:58 PM

Big whalers, major wearers of viking helmets.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 7:23 PM

[quote]Norway may become the world's richest country, and they are a social democracy and have universal health care. But conservative in the US tell us that all these things are evil.

And well as things like a very restrictive immigration policy with a program that sends migrants back to their country of origin.

But liberals in the US tell us that all these things are evil.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 7:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!