Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I hate this fucking cat

Never feel sorry for a shy cat. I took this one in three years ago and all she does is howl.

I hate her.

Should I throw her outside? Or just take her back to the shelter? I’m sick of her goddam howling.

by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2024 2:59 PM

Is she a rescue cat?

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 5:17 AM

Cats don't fucking howl. Dogs howl.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 5:17 AM

Cats yowl though.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 5:19 AM

Yes, r1. I took her in after her first person died.

Her goddamn howling probably killed him.

No, she fucking howls incessantly. Starting around 20pm and lasting until I get sick of her and throw her in a bedroom and shut the door.

Goddamned cat.

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 5:21 AM

Probably misses its human, or is lonely, or has some other issue. Have you taken it to the vet? Do you show it ANY affection? Sounds like you don't.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 5:23 AM

R4, cats don't howl. You're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 5:32 AM

Cats absolutely can howl

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 5:37 AM

No. They Yowl. They do not Howl.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 5:40 AM

R5, that fucking cat would get more attention if she would stop fucking howling and hiding under the bed.

I have to go into that bedroom at least three times a day to pet her because she refuses to come out of that room and after four years, I’m sick of it.

I understand missing your human. I also know shy cats don’t get adopted and end up euthanized. I felt sorry for the stupid bitch, and no good deed goes unpunished.

Now she just fucking howls half the night and I’m about ready to throw her the fuck outside for the coyotes to eat.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 5:43 AM

The dictionary definition of howl gives the example of a dog or a wolf.

Cats DON'T howl.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 5:43 AM

Jesus fucking Christ in a crutch, r10.

Nobody gives a fuck about semantics. Go somewhere else, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 5:44 AM

Just re-home the cat.

That's why they have Humane Societies.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 5:46 AM

[quote] Nobody gives a fuck about semantics.

You're on DL. If anybody gives a fuck about semantics, it's DLers.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 5:46 AM

OP says she took the cat in three years ago, but then OP/R9 says it was four years ago. Then OP/R9 says the cat misses its human. Who--you? Aren't you the owner?

OP/R9/R11, not only are you a liar, bit you're also a lying CUNT.

And the phrase is not "Jesus Christ in a crutch," you lying CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 5:47 AM

You sound like an abusive owner. Let another loving family adopt her. I love my two cats so damn much. They are the sweetest most affectionate fur babies ever.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 5:50 AM

Do you know what an example is, simpleton at r10?

Maybe look that up too while you’ve got the dictionary open.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 5:51 AM

Good bye and good riddance, r14. I forgot it was 2024.

No, I was not the cat’s first owner. As I said, I got it at the shelter. They told me her person died and the family surrendered her.

Now I understand why.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 5:52 AM

Try to ignore her. That should shut her up after a while. Most yowls are for attention, and once she sees it's not working, she'll save her breath.

If that fails, start spraying her with water when she does it. Negative reinforcement works.

And if all else fails, find a Chinese restaurant.

Also, OP: Is she spayed? Is she yowling because she's in heat?

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 5:53 AM

Why do you keep bitching about her? Why not just surrender her to the shelter? Christ Almighty, it is not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 5:53 AM

Cunt OP/R16 says it misses its human--after 3 years--or is it 4? You said both. Who's the simpleton? You can't even lie right.

Aren't YOU the owner after 3/4 years, OP/R16/R17?

How many years exactly?

CUNT.

Canines howl. Felines don't.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 5:54 AM

The liar OP can't even get straight the number of years she's supposedly owned this cat.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 5:56 AM

I’ve tried all of that, r18. She just gets louder and longer.

I’d love to, r19, but they will euthanize her since people don’t adopt older, shy cats

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 5:56 AM

There are no-kill shelters.

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 5:57 AM

Well, then, toss her ass out the door. All that YOWLING will attract coyotes or meth addicts. Either way, someone's eating good tonight!

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 5:57 AM

Thread fail 0/100,000,000,000

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 5:59 AM

That’s about where I’m at, r24

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 5:59 AM

She may be going deaf. It’s a symptom. Have her hearing checked.

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2024 6:00 AM

Is it, r27? She’s only about 9 years old.

If that’s a possibility, i will certainly take her in to the vet. Do cats go deaf that young? I mean, the dog is as deaf as a post, but she’s also 16 years old.

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2024 6:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2024 6:04 AM

She might be getting hyper thyroid or high blood pressure. Be kind.

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2024 6:40 AM

Years from now, when you talk about this, and you will, be kind.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2024 6:41 AM

Why do DL trolls cosplay such miserable nasty gay bitches? Or is OP's persona real? Either way, an execrable character.

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2024 6:45 AM

R31 - Thank you, Deborah.

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2024 6:45 AM

She's probably ill. Nine is not young for a cat. If you have any compassion left, take her to the vet. Or if not, surrender her to a shelter and explain the situation. Do not abandon or dump her! It's often illegal and always immoral. Do the right thing. I know you're fed up but don't be a howling pussy about it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2024 11:23 AM

Change her feeding schedule so she gets sleepy at the time she would normally howl, like give her the biggest meal of the day just before. She also might be trying to tell you that she is sick or in pain. Spraying with water just makes a cat hate you and it doesn't work for anything. It can make a cat stop going somewhere in front of you, but it will resent you and still do it when you're gone. To train cats to stay out of certain places you have to use a deterrent that the cat doesn't associate with you. Sounds to me like the cat just doesn't like you since you've been such a bad owner so far and is stressed out.

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2024 11:31 AM

You need to bond with the car. She knows you hate her.

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2024 11:34 AM

Bond with the CAT, then the car.

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2024 11:34 AM

For goodness sake, take her to a vet to have her checked over. If you would seriously think about throwing a shy, scared cat out into the street, well I think that's exceptionally cruel

by Anonymousreply 38February 10, 2024 11:59 AM

Ok, the consensus is to take her to the vet so I will make an appointment on Monday when they open. Hopefully, they will be able to tell me what’s wrong, or know someone who wants her.

She gets fed before bedtime. Like I feed her then go to bed. But she still howls. Yes, she’s spayed.

I really don’t care if she hates me. Not half as much as I hate her fucking howling. She only does it when she realizes I’m awake and moving around. About 30 minutes after I go to bed, she will finally stop.

But as soon as I get up in the morning and get in the shower, she starts. She’ll shut up when she’s asleep, but if she wakes up and hears me moving around, she starts in.

I used to go in there several times a day and pet her, but the more I paid attention to her, the more she howled, so now I ignore her except to feed her, clean her water bowl and her litterbox.

She won’t come out of that room. I figured if she wanted attention so badly, she would come out, but she refuses. It’s been four fucking years, she should be a little curious about what’s outside the door, right?

Nope. Just scream and howl for attention until I’m driven insane. I’m no longer rewarding her bad behavior.

by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2024 12:35 PM

R39 it is obvious she needs something from you.

by Anonymousreply 40February 10, 2024 12:45 PM

She needs a better owner.

by Anonymousreply 41February 10, 2024 2:21 PM

[quote] I’d love to, r19, but they will euthanize her since people don’t adopt older, shy cats

Why would you care since you hate her?

Clearly you enjoy your own yowling about the cat.

by Anonymousreply 42February 10, 2024 2:28 PM

Tomato, Tomahto; let’s stop grousing about howling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2024 2:42 PM

Your cat is plotting your death, you fat whore!

by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2024 2:44 PM

OP, you sound like a jerk. Take the damn cat to the vet or turn it in to the shelter. The cat would rather be dead than live with you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2024 2:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2024 2:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!