Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mel B celebrates purchasing a home after ex-husband’s financial abuse.

Congrats to Scary Spice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2024 6:05 AM

Wow. Good for her, her honesty is commendable. Financial abuse isn’t as widely discussed as physical or verbal abuse but is just as detrimental and coercive and is the #1 reason women (and some men) stay in dangerous and unhealthy situations. Happy for her.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 1:21 AM

I’m 40 and currently live with my sister. A lot of times I feel like I will never be able to afford an apartment much less a house and it’s so discouraging. Seeing her post gave me some semblance of hope. I’m so thankful for my sis for letting me live with her, but living with relatives is looked down on (at least it is here in the States). I make decent money at my job but I get so depressed when I start looking at apartments. Even in crappy East Jesus Nowhere where I live, most apartments start at $1200+/month. I don’t really know where I’m going with this post. I know I’m not in the same situation as Mel B. but it did make me think that one day I’ll get to where I want to be.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 1:53 AM

This is great news for her! r2 You can do it!!

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 1:55 AM

I’ve been there and know exactly the peace she describes! Kudos mama!

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 2:00 AM

Punctuate, Melanie.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 2:55 AM

She’s never had the best taste in men. But good for her for reclaiming herself.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 2:56 AM

Couldn’t VB lend her some money?

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 2:57 AM

Wow I was watching a documentary on them just the other day.

When she came in for the audition she was already working as a dancer in a strip club.

From before she was famous she was broken, and abusers know how to zero in on people like that.

Glad she’s moved past it and is happy. Good for her!

Btw it’s heavily implied that Geri was a hooker right before becoming a Spice Girl based on the way her interactions are described.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 3:08 AM

Can confirm r8 ginger spice used to blow my mate in the M&S car park.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 3:11 AM

Punctuation abuse

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 5:42 AM

Well it's a step up from the place she had when she was on Cribs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 12:40 PM

Is it racist that the black one is called Scary Spice?

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 3:41 PM

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 6:01 AM

[quote]Couldn’t VB lend her some money?

Easy V doesn't come for free she's a real lady

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2024 6:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!