Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lover, Stalker, Killer- Netflix

RUN! do not walk- to view this documentary.

And do not google the case!!! (I had never heard of it before. In 2012-2014 I was in my prime and apparently focused on romance.

Absolutely BATSHIT story that had me on the edge of my seat. And it then morphs into something really sad.

9/10.

by Anonymousreply 137February 28, 2024 1:02 AM

I saw a Dateline or 20/20 about this case. You're right, it's fucking BATSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 1February 10, 2024 12:48 AM

WATCH THIS!!!

It will be more effective if you nothing about the case.

I was on the edge of my seat.

by Anonymousreply 2February 10, 2024 1:12 AM

What’s the case about?

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2024 1:30 AM

r3 it's about a man who was dating a woman and weird shit started happening with her. Just watch it, it's such a fucked up story.

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2024 1:38 AM

Watching as I type.

by Anonymousreply 5February 10, 2024 1:40 AM

What’s the guy’s name? Who was she?

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 1:41 AM

I'm good. I have enough crazy looking at y'all carry on about this show.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 4:36 AM

This was phenomenal. Without spoiling anything, I pretty much knew exactly what was going on but I could not look away. Chilling. Worth getting Netflix for a month and canceling before renewal.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 5:18 AM

It's a fucking bore. The case may be interesting (pathetic is more like it), but the filmmaking is sub- ID Discovery level. Man, Netflix just serves to the lowest shelf these days.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 5:53 AM

I'm looking forward to the Lifetime made for TV movie version of this story, "Mother, May I Love, Stalk, Kill with Danger?" starring Tori Spelling.

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 5:56 AM

I need to know more about Jim Doty, the sheriff's investigator with the absolutely heinous "Western" wardrobe and the Village People leatherguy mustache.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 6:09 AM

Aw, damn—you got me all excited, OP, but I've seen this case covered a number of times, both from true crime youtubers and I think, 48 Hours, so I already know everything that happens. I imagine it's the twist that makes the documentary?

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 7:17 AM

Me too, R11

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 10:46 AM

Completely agree with earlier comments to watch this show without any prior knowledge of the case. That’s what I did and was totally engrossed.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 11:25 AM

Guys- sorry if you knew about the case prior- this thing will definitely not hit at all if you already know the outcome.

I lived in a bubble circa 2012-2014 so this one was all new to me.

And I am a true crime fan-

If you don't know about this, I was spellbound.

I do think its Discovery Channel level quality, but it was very effective.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 2:07 PM

This guy is such an asshole, he really seems to think he's cute too, he's not. Once again, Netlfix drags out a 30 minute story. But at least they aren't trying to get an obviously guilty guy off, so there's that. This asshole should be shamed for continuing to __ that cunt __.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 2:10 PM

I could smell the ending from a mile away, but it was an okay documentary. I don’t get the appeal of the guy this woman was hot for, but then she looked like the dirty end of a floor mop. I guess he’s Nebraska hot?

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 10:28 PM

She was Iowa smart

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 10:30 PM

The guy was a typical straight guy. He wanted to fuck women. Alot.

The only time i did not like him was when (kind of a spoiler- but not really). he needed to be talked into staying with his ex wife and kids by that (very cute) chunky bear of a cop. That was depressing. This should have been a no-brainer for him.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 10:32 PM

I found Jim Doty's Facebook. It's locked down, but in the "About" section it says he was engaged (to a woman) last year. His profile pic is him in a tight T-shirt, tattoos poking out, with that huge cowboy hat and Village People mustache. He's oddly hot.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2024 2:21 AM

He is HOT, i even love his buddy, the chunky. due with the beautiful eyes

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2024 2:24 AM

Doty is quite cute without the handlebar mustache

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2024 2:29 AM

MINOR SPOILERS IN MY POST -- YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

I'm not a "blue lives matter" type, but it was kind of cool to see a true crime docuseries in which the cops were neither negligent or abusive. Good detective work by those guys. I especially liked the aspie IT investigator. In case you're wondering, he happens to be posting on a Reddit true crime subreddit and answers a few questions that people had about specifics of the case. He also shares that he's healthy and doing well after his brain tumor (which is nice to hear.)

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 10:18 AM

Sounds like a title to a Lifetime TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 10:39 AM

R22 - in that pic, he looks like a beefier, better looking Kenny Loggins.

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2024 12:18 PM

Sounds twadry and soap-like. Did it happen in Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 1:43 PM

It's incredibly soap like, R26. It happened in some trashy, tattoo laden place. Ohio, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 1:46 PM

The documentary does NOT explain why where was so little criminal and justice support to these adults and children after the fire and the pets burned alive. The deadly threats had been happening for over a year at that point.

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2024 4:25 PM

Also the husband/father/boyfriend was a dork in the photos of young Dave Kroupa but the actor Chris Maher is handsome.

by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 4:28 PM

We watched it last night.

What a wacked woman and it was scary she had children.

by Anonymousreply 30February 11, 2024 5:55 PM

Spoilers:

The bitch is absolutely crazy and deserves to spend the rest of her life behind bars.

What makes me roll my eyes HARD is that after all of this happened, her target (the Ginger), was considering getting back together with the mother of his kids, anyhow.

Duh! Of course he would, ESPECIALLY after sampling the dating pool in Nebraska, & realizing that these chicks were quite "handsome" women, who were also batshit crazy and clingy, as far as he knew, at that moment in time.

What a stupid bitch. I'm sorry, but she's the definition of an evil cunt. She killed her pets and ruined her family home and the lives of her kids, including ruining the life of another child and family, all over dick.

by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2024 6:28 PM

I still don't understand how this man and his ex wife were just left hanging for years with all those crazy threats.

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2024 6:42 PM

Because the police thought it was someone who they were literally unable to find (because she was dead). I think the filmmakers purposely downplayed what the cops were doing or not doing because if they would have said they were searching for Cari then the viewer would have figured the plot twist out much earlier. Another strike against them and this shitty doc.

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2024 6:45 PM

Here's a review of this from the NYTimes. It doesn't give the twists away (although thethread has by now), but it's useful if you want a vague idea of what the case was about.

When people like OP say you should know absolutely nothing whatsoever about it going in other than the title or it will be ruined for you, they're just being control freaks. You need to know something about it, or why would you see it in the first place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2024 6:48 PM

[quote] When people like OP say you should know absolutely nothing whatsoever about it going in other than the title or it will be ruined for you, they're just being control freaks. You need to know something about it, or why would you see it in the first place?

You're an aspie, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2024 6:58 PM

Watched it this morning...

That crazy bitch was dumb.

Cops say they need more "communications" from the supposed killer so she goes home that night and types up new "evidence" to give them.

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2024 7:07 PM

R33 yes I'm the one asking why the cops weren't doing more but I agree the documentary may have avoided the topic for 45 minutes. Shit move.

by Anonymousreply 37February 11, 2024 7:09 PM

[quote] You're an aspie, aren't you?

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 38February 11, 2024 8:00 PM

You might want to get an actual diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 39February 11, 2024 8:04 PM

You're an asshole, aren't you?

There's my diagnosis for you, for free.

by Anonymousreply 40February 11, 2024 8:12 PM

And you're not a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 41February 11, 2024 8:14 PM

Oh hun: and you actually think you are one?

So, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 42February 11, 2024 8:29 PM

R40's post made me laugh, so he/she is a comedian as far as I'm concerned.

Now, back to this crazy bitch... she truly is EVIL.

And I'm baffled as to why all of these women wanted this guy? Was it for free mechanic services on their vehicles? There must be slim pickings in that town.

The bald IT/Digital Forensics detective is sexy, but he's about it in this sordid mess.

What's so tragic is that this bitch had everyone convinced that Cari had gone off the deep end, when in fact, she was dead. Her poor son waited for years for his mom to return.

This case also drove home my long standing suspicions about many in law enforcement, who will do anything to not catch a body, or actually solve a case.

by Anonymousreply 43February 11, 2024 8:56 PM

Ann Rule (crime writer) is dead now but her daughter wrote her first true crime book on this. it's pretty good. Dave Kroupa is an ugly piece of shit. He always tries to play an "aw shucks" game in his interviews on crime shows and you can tell they all hate him. He's not cute, he continued to fuck the crazy one and he just sucks. Netflix sucks and so do re-enactment shows. Read the book and then google the characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 11, 2024 9:05 PM

R44, I somewhat agree with your analysis regarding Dave Kroupa.

On one hand, he had only known Cari for 2 weeks, and therefore it was easy for him to be manipulated into believing that Cari was a nut job, & he had indeed, dodged a bullet.

However, he was also kind of dumb. You can usually size a person up pretty well after spending almost every week night with them after 2 weeks. Cari wasn't some crazy, irresponsible chick. She had a son at a young age, but she went back to school, got her degree, held on to a decent job, supported her son as a single mom & provided him with a decent home. Why on earth would she want to move in with someone she knew for 2 weeks?

The one who was relentlessly pushing him for a commitment was Liz. I find it odd that he didn't once wonder if Liz had something to do with this.

He was just a run of the mill yokel, who wanted to get laid as much as possible, after spending 10 years with the mother of his kids.

He's a bit dim, perhaps even self centered and/or selfish, and I'd even question whether or not he enjoyed the drama of it all, but these characteristics don't make him a criminal.

I do hope his ex let him go completely, & found herself a more appropriate partner, if she desired to do so. I would not want him around, as he has proven to make disastrous relationship choices, but that's just me. What do I know?

by Anonymousreply 45February 11, 2024 9:28 PM

Yes R45. I think he enjoyed the drama too and that makes him even more hateable. And the fact that he told Liz every detail about this and continued to bang her...I forgot about the dead animals. Yeah, he's deliberately obtuse and I hope his ex is done with him now. And Liz is an ugly cunt so the fact he fucked her many times really speaks about him. The suspension of disbelief needed to be this dumb for years..."You got your house burned down? I did too!" Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 46February 11, 2024 9:32 PM

I was certain they were going to find Cari's body in Liz's burned-down house. When Liz was circling the ex-wife's house multiple times per day, why didn't the ex-wife notice anything? All she did was look out the window and there was no one around for miles. Even a small amount of critical thinking on the victims' parts would have gone a long way.

And yes, I am all in on the erotic adventures of the metrosexual cowboy sheriff and his burly bear of a partner, solving crimes and learning the tender art of man love out on the plains.

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2024 9:46 PM

If anyone doesn't want to sit through three fucking drawn out hours of a netflix show, here is the "That chapter" on it. Or should I say "tree" hours of the show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 11, 2024 9:59 PM

The cops never said how the murder likely took place. Cari was stabbed in her vehicle, due to the amount of trace blood evidence found. How did Liz get in her vehicle?

by Anonymousreply 49February 11, 2024 10:00 PM

She probably waited outside Dave's house and grabbed her, she was a largish woman, right? If you're a woman going to your car and someone grabs and stabs you, you're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 50February 11, 2024 10:20 PM

[quote] Oh hun: and you actually think you are one?

No, I was being serious. Your ridiculous bullshit "analysis" was total aspie speak. There was no joke there.

by Anonymousreply 51February 11, 2024 10:26 PM

R48 My Netflix documentary is 1.5 hours. Where is the 3 hour one you refer to?

by Anonymousreply 52February 11, 2024 10:27 PM

Oh R52, Sorry, I haven't seen the netflix doc as I hate them and their shitty docs designed to get clearly guilty people off. Making a murderer was like 47 hours so I just assumed they drew this out too. I apologize. I wonder if they mention the absolute plethora of texts from the clearly fucking unhinged Shanna/Liz. Cause there were so fucking many that I wonder how Dave Kroupa is able to live alone without a handler to make sure he doesn't accidentally swallow razor blades or something. He's a dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 53February 11, 2024 10:41 PM

Why don't you watch it. It's not trying to get guilty people off. The texts are a big part of the story.

by Anonymousreply 54February 11, 2024 10:47 PM

These people. If I am on a first date and bring the person to my home and *coincidentally * the person I dated previously but hadn't seen for weeks shows up I am getting a restraining order. People are either naive or willfully stupid.

by Anonymousreply 55February 12, 2024 12:10 AM

This Liz psycho reminded me of that other crazy-eyed psycho Stephanie Lazarus, the LAPD cop who murdered her ex-boyfriend's wife and got away with it for many years before she was caught. Such a sad and twisted story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 12, 2024 12:16 AM

I’m about 20 minutes into this show, and haven’t read this thread yet, and don’t know the story, but I think I know the ‘twist’

* Potential spoiler* but really just my guess

Liz is pretending to be Cari. She got pissed when Dave started sleeping with Cari and probably killed her, but definitely took her phone and started sending the texts. She wanted Dave’s attention again. Im mostly basing this on the fact that Liz immediately was at Dave’s place the first time he brought Cari over. She had been watching them and wanted to stop the potential hookup. She’s crazy.

Maybe there’s another twist, but that’s my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2024 12:33 AM

R57 There are other twists. Liz does kill Cari but they had been lesbian lovers. Cari is actually Dave's half sister. Dave only finds this out towards the end when the police are hot on case. Cari's mother knew all along of course. The final twist is that Liz is intersex and only presenting as a woman. She doesn't have a uterus. That's one of the reasons she is enraged about Cari. And also she hates her own kids who are all adopted. Dave has a small dick so never discovered that Liz's vagina is not very deep.

by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2024 12:42 AM

^^ you forgot that officer Jim used to be Joanne, a stripper from Des Moines who knew Liz when they went to cosmetology school together

by Anonymousreply 59February 12, 2024 2:05 AM

R57 here. Knew it. How did no one question the fact that Cari hadn’t been seen in two years and just accepted that she was sending the texts/emails? There would’ve been some trail of her. I felt bad for her mother. She seems like a nice, gentle person.

Dave is dumb. No more online dating for him.

by Anonymousreply 60February 12, 2024 2:51 AM

R60 Exactly. And I fucking guarantee that Liz is a moron and has shit grammar, and that Cari probably didn't, until she did. And I bet Liz misspelled all the same words in all her different personas and dipshit Dave never noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 61February 12, 2024 3:31 AM

It blows my mind that her family - who she was close to - didn't do anything for TWO YEARS. I mean really? WTF? They never saw her.

by Anonymousreply 62February 12, 2024 4:06 AM

Yeah R62, it's weird they didn't but then what could they do? I would have fucking tracked her down or something but I think she was a little...difficult maybe, maybe had a substance or mental health issues and they couldn't really figure out what was really happening. Her poor son.

by Anonymousreply 63February 12, 2024 4:11 AM

On Reddit folks are saying that despite it usually being not-so-great, the Dateline episode on this case is actually better than the Netflix doc. Anyone seen it?

by Anonymousreply 64February 12, 2024 5:43 AM

*spoiler*

I knew it was Liz because they didn't interview her

by Anonymousreply 65February 12, 2024 8:27 AM

R64 Yes, and it was good. I saw the dateline which made me buy the book because Leslie Rule is on it. I then listened to the "That Chapter" and now I don't need to see this. The dateline made me side eye Dave so hard.

by Anonymousreply 66February 12, 2024 11:46 AM

I have a feeling the Netflix doc is leaving a lot out. I’d venture there was some effort put into searching for Cari, and some knowledge that her disappearance was odd and not traceable. The Netflix series focused away from that, I think, because it would have lessened the impact of the “twist”. I don’t know, but I suspect the dateline episode filled in more gaps.

by Anonymousreply 67February 12, 2024 11:50 AM

This could be a good movie if you made Dave a woman (Davida) and all the other women lesbians. Also write in some more Davida girlfriends for Liz to terrorize and possible kill.

by Anonymousreply 68February 12, 2024 12:13 PM

20/20 episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 12, 2024 12:14 PM

Lifetime movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 12, 2024 12:16 PM

Maybe I just watched too many soaps growing up but I figured it out right away.

But Jesus, what a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 71February 12, 2024 1:40 PM

R65 true, I didn’t think of that.

R67 good point. I would hope there was some more searching for her than what Netflix showed us. It was like, she’s gone, but still sending texts, so must be alive. It wasn’t until two years later when that one cop was like, hmm, no one’s seen her in two years, maybe she isn’t sending these texts. Let’s check the ip addresses of the emails.

What a psycho. She burned down her house and killed her dogs, cats, and snake over fucking Dave? Were her two kids already grown when she met Dave? I know Cari’s kid was still young.

R70 Zach Gilford is… generous casting. I’ll have to watch that.

Thanks r69, I’ll check that out

by Anonymousreply 72February 12, 2024 3:03 PM

R72, at first glance, one would think she committed these heinous crimes over Dave, but I don't think so.

I think Liz was just an evil sociopath, and I'd bet a decent chunk of money that she had a pattern of stalking, and causing others harm before this happened.

I believe she derived a sick pleasure from breaching boundaries, invading the privacy of others, and causing mayhem, in general.

She didn't really want Dave. She wanted control & power. She's probably gotten away with shit for MANY years, & this time, she overplayed her hand, and got caught.

She didn't give one flying fuck about Dave, her own children, her pets, her home, or anyone.

Liz is a sick and evil monster who thrives on drama.

by Anonymousreply 73February 12, 2024 9:09 PM

Ok. Anyone with two dogs, two cats, and a giant fucking snake is hoarding animals and is 100% certainly batshit.

by Anonymousreply 74February 12, 2024 10:16 PM

Having a snake alone makes you batshit. And should have been a huge red flag.

by Anonymousreply 75February 12, 2024 10:18 PM

Pretty surprised Netflix produced this, as this fucking story has already gotten a lot of coverage. Too much actually.

Dave is not a likeable protagonist and has a very punchable face. I hope he gets syphilis.

by Anonymousreply 76February 12, 2024 10:22 PM

The minute Liz shows up at his apartment right when he comes home with Cari, I knew where it was going.

by Anonymousreply 77February 12, 2024 10:47 PM

R76 Preach! His gross strawberry blond beard...and yeah, he's done about a million shows about this but continues to do the whole, "I don't get it, I'm not that great of a catch" bullshit.

He reminds me of this piece of shit who even wrote a book about his experience, and also does the talk show circuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 13, 2024 3:06 AM

Thanks OP, I really enjoyed it. I didn’t know anything about the case.

I’m not understanding the hating Dave. He seemed like a basic mechanic from Nebraska. Probably barely finished high school? How do you all expect him to act?

Loved the IT guy. He really solved the case - first with the IP address and then with the photo of the foot.

Very sad at the end. Glad there was some closure for Cari’s mother and son.

Liz is truly a psycho. She’s probably up to some crazy antics in the women’s prison.

by Anonymousreply 79February 13, 2024 3:50 PM

What's Oz doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 80February 13, 2024 3:53 PM

Another bitch with Borderline Personality Disorder.

by Anonymousreply 81February 13, 2024 8:56 PM

Why did Liz leave him? Did she want to make sure she wasn’t found guilty of murder?

by Anonymousreply 82February 13, 2024 9:57 PM

R82, she left him because she's a manipulative deviant who wanted to do several things at once:

1) Play the role of a frightened victim who was willing to leave behind the man she 'loved', in order to protect herself & her children, after their home went up in flames;

2) Then practically move in with the subordinate of the digital forensics analyst/detective, in order to stay abreast of any new developments in the case, so that she might possibly influence the direction & outcome of the case by planting ideas in aforementioned subordinate's mind, after fucking him during pillow talk time.

Again: Liz was all about power, dominance & control... NOT love.

by Anonymousreply 83February 14, 2024 1:28 AM

Run, don't walk into a grease fire, OP.

Ugly, straight, flyover, frau who kills her own dog. Spoiler alert- it sucks.

Far superior is American Nightmare. At least the killer was hot and in San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 84February 14, 2024 4:57 PM

What about us R84?

by Anonymousreply 85February 14, 2024 5:29 PM

SPOILER ALERT

I think Netflix omitted a lot of details to build up suspense for the twist ending. According to an American Crime segment about this story, after Cari’s mother had filed a missing person’s report the local police had long suspected that Cari was dead because there wasn’t any activity on her checking account or credit cards. So if Cari were still alive, where was she getting any money to survive for two years?

by Anonymousreply 86February 14, 2024 7:22 PM

Quelle surprise. Netflix always omits details, like that the people they make docs about are guilty.

by Anonymousreply 87February 15, 2024 12:40 AM

The Lifetime movie was ok. Alicia Witt played the psycho.

by Anonymousreply 88February 15, 2024 1:13 AM

Omg there's a Lifetime movie too? Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 89February 15, 2024 1:40 AM

Truly next level behavior to burn your own house down with your animals inside.

Batshit fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 90February 15, 2024 1:42 AM

This story was just on the 20/20 limited series Blind Romance this past Monday.

by Anonymousreply 91February 15, 2024 2:36 AM

R86, did you even watch this thing?

by Anonymousreply 92February 15, 2024 8:10 AM

R83, she wanted him and was then after his ex-wife. It makes no sense why she would leave letting him find someone else. They obviously left shit out. They should have researched her life. Did she have previous charges. These documentaries are terrible.

by Anonymousreply 93February 15, 2024 8:12 AM

Someone needs to make a show called Nebraska Bachelor. You can have all these hillbilly psychos burning their houses down and murdering each other to get at Dave, the witless bachelor. That’s a Bachelor series I’d watch.

by Anonymousreply 94February 15, 2024 11:24 AM

Great idea, R94. Instead of the flower ceremony, they can exchange matches and lighter fluid.

by Anonymousreply 95February 15, 2024 11:44 AM

[quote]SPOILER ALERT I think Netflix omitted a lot of details to build up suspense for the twist ending.

There was a twist ending?

by Anonymousreply 96February 15, 2024 11:46 AM

Or I guess that series was the Jerry Springer Show…

by Anonymousreply 97February 15, 2024 12:36 PM

So did she have an auto payment thing set up for her phone? How did her phone stay on? I just watched the American Justice with hottie Dennis Mayberry and it's probably the best thing on this case. Fuck Dave again, "I'm not that hot, I don't know why they did this" Cause Liz is an ugly psycho, Dave. You're not hot, you're right about that.

by Anonymousreply 98February 15, 2024 4:54 PM

I am glad that Liz didn't go after Dave's ex wife or their kids. I am also surprised, since the detectives said she used to circle their house in her car. I figured she'd attack the ex at some point.

They really got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 99February 15, 2024 8:30 PM

I figured she circled to see if she’d catch Dave there. Her focus was stalking him.

by Anonymousreply 100February 15, 2024 8:34 PM

[quote] Without spoiling anything, I pretty much knew exactly what was going on but I could not look away.

Same here. I could tell as soon as they said she had done a 180 in her tone about commitment BY TEXT, and then completely disappeared from her family’s life, what was what.

It actually surprised me how long it took the guy and the cops to figure it out.

But still despite having seen the twist coming down Fifth Avenue, I found it a fun watch.

by Anonymousreply 101February 15, 2024 8:39 PM

She burnt her house down so she could go live with her on again off again cop boyfriend. The bald IT guy is the hero in all of this.

by Anonymousreply 102February 16, 2024 2:01 AM

I can't imagine driving by or around someone's house regularly, just to see if they're home or if they have company, or if some dude's car is parked at his ex's house, or whatever.

What a total waste of time & gas.

Freakin' nut job. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 103February 16, 2024 2:02 AM

Definitely, R103. Some people are just mental deficients and losers though, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 104February 16, 2024 2:05 AM

Thank you. OP! My husband had outpatient surgery today so we are staying close to home this weekend and looking for something new to watch, We love a crime mystery documentary. Most buy a bottle to make sippy poos tomorrow night while I watch. Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 105February 16, 2024 2:51 AM

R105- It's really good. and thank you for being so kind and not telling me to die in a grease fire like that cunt above!!!!

And if you want another great one- check out Love Has Won- The Cult of Mother God on Max! Also disturbing and compelling!

by Anonymousreply 106February 16, 2024 2:55 AM

I didn’t call you a cunt, OP, but I thought it.

by Anonymousreply 107February 16, 2024 3:31 AM

The best part of this story is that there are 2 less Trump voters.

by Anonymousreply 108February 16, 2024 9:56 AM

^Yeah, but from solidly red states, so of no matter.

by Anonymousreply 109February 16, 2024 12:47 PM

On reddit they said she killed her baby too and her ex was doing time for it.

by Anonymousreply 110February 16, 2024 9:17 PM

And here's the article. It's pretty harrowing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 16, 2024 9:23 PM

What a horrendous piece of shit. Somebody should she shake HER ass to death.

Truly someone who needs a karmic "death-by-prison-shanking" if I've ever seen one.

by Anonymousreply 112February 16, 2024 9:30 PM

Please don’t let her be … white?!

by Anonymousreply 113February 16, 2024 9:32 PM

Please don't let her be...fat and ugly!

by Anonymousreply 114February 16, 2024 9:40 PM

The IT guy at the police station she was dating was the boss, not the subordinate. And the running the texts and what not through foreign country VPNs was somewhat sophisticated. And Cari was an IT gal. What are the chances it wasn’t only about Dave. (Not implying that Liz is innocent, cause she’s not, but maybe a two person job)

by Anonymousreply 115February 18, 2024 9:58 PM

I thought of that too r115. They sure seemed quick to eliminate him, didn’t they?

by Anonymousreply 116February 18, 2024 10:02 PM

I don't get it R115, are you saying someone else was doing it with Liz?

by Anonymousreply 117February 19, 2024 12:12 AM

I could see Liz bothering someone the cop thought had done him wrong, like a bad haircut or shitty drywall job and explaining to her how to do it safely.

by Anonymousreply 118February 19, 2024 1:07 AM

Yes, she’s a blue collar cleaning company owner using sophisticated ISP hiding and how does her phone memory card wind up in Dave’s tablet? And why one picture only of the corpse with that very identifying tattoo. And her fingerprint is on box of mints, but no where else in the car?

by Anonymousreply 119February 19, 2024 8:40 PM

Also all the detailed observation would make more sense if someone with access to security cameras was involved

by Anonymousreply 120February 20, 2024 12:48 AM

It all makes sense once the twist comes into play. This was fun but Netflix left us with some open questions: Does no one in this part of the country have anything better to do? Is Dave good in the sack? How exactly did things fade out with Liz the first time just before she comes over and bumps into Cari.? Where is Cari? What happened to Todd, the dude Liz was living with? Is Todd still with the police? A good crime book would have had he messing the case up from the inside. Liz can't have figured out all that IP shit on her own.

by Anonymousreply 121February 26, 2024 3:24 PM

I figured it out right away, but still was intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 122February 27, 2024 3:42 AM

Aren’t you a regular Nancy Drew, R122. Now get to work on the JFK assassination. I understand there’s some doubt on that investigation.

by Anonymousreply 123February 27, 2024 6:41 AM

Finally watched this last night. I already knew the larger facts because this case has been in the public eye for a while, but I enjoyed all the details it showed along the timeline.

I imagine Liz had a photo of Cari’s dead foot with the identifying tattoo because she thought she might need it at some point. Although it is strange that that SIM card from her phone ended up in that tablet. She must have been trying to use it for something and forgot in her haste, and/or was sure she had wiped it (they only were able to pull up the pixel-y thumbnails).

The single fingerprint on the candy container in the car is also odd.

by Anonymousreply 124February 27, 2024 2:39 PM

I agree the Netflix doc was sub-par. Although I did enjoy a lot of the recreations. I’d like to check out the Dateline one.

It did seem odd that so many people in the story didn’t have serious suspicions earlier on, particularly Dave, and Cari’s mother.

by Anonymousreply 125February 27, 2024 3:02 PM

More Women May Be Psychopaths Than Previously Thought (The Guardian, yesterday)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 27, 2024 3:04 PM

Well Dave is a fucking idiot R125, so that's not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 127February 27, 2024 3:21 PM

I like Netflix true crime documentaries but my only complaint is that a lot of them are heavily condensed. A lot of complex cases are only covered in 3-4 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 128February 27, 2024 5:45 PM

Seriously R128? I find it's the opposite, they drag shit out waaaay too long. Which cases are you thinking are too long?

by Anonymousreply 129February 27, 2024 5:47 PM

the only explanation on why the women were going nuts for Dave is that he had a big dick. he seems pretty underwhelming otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 130February 27, 2024 5:52 PM

Dave must have been hung like a baseball bat, because he was poor, homely, and had an ugly garden apartment with those crappy “next day blinds.”

by Anonymousreply 131February 27, 2024 8:29 PM

Is the dating pool in that particular region that tragically limited?

by Anonymousreply 132February 27, 2024 11:28 PM

Just the fact that this ginger who worked at Discount Tires had the nuts to say that he was only looking for a sexual relationship with Cari, who was way out of his league, pissed me off.

by Anonymousreply 133February 28, 2024 12:16 AM

R61

There is another case where the guilty woman kept saying/spelling antifreeze this way: “antifree”. That was just one piece of evidence that tied it all together. Totally forgetting the circumstances but I know it was a wife who killed her husband with antifree.

by Anonymousreply 134February 28, 2024 12:48 AM

Oh shit, I know that one R134. I can't think of her name. Didn't she try to blame it on her daughter?

by Anonymousreply 135February 28, 2024 12:52 AM

Yes! Stacey Castor, though I don’t see antifree mentioned anywhere here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 28, 2024 12:59 AM

Yes! Good find R136. I do remember the anti free though, probably it was on the Snapped about her.

by Anonymousreply 137February 28, 2024 1:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!