Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Kate has TWO Nurses Attending to her. You Tell Me this isn’t Serious?

She has two around the clock nurses taking care of her after being discharged. This must be a serious operation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 14, 2024 11:29 AM

Somehow, I don't get the Royals' NHS experiences as typical?

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 11:20 PM

Abdominal surgery - hysterectomy due to ovarian cancer?

While I believe that people have a right to privacy about their medical situations - as does HIPPA - the coyness with which they're addressing the hospitalization and surgery suggests both something serious and something many would consider embarrassing, whether it is or not. If it were an appendectomy or removal of the gall bladder, they would simply come out and say it.

Either that or it's a complication from her lap band surgery which allowed her to drop all the pregnancy weight and maintain her excessively slim figure.

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 11:29 PM

She is the future Queen of England- that might be the reason as well.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 11:31 PM

2 nurses is not that much care. One has to take breaks.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 11:36 PM

One for each new tit!

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 11:36 PM

It makes sense that there's two. One for day and one for night.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 11:37 PM

Who needs a nurse at all if you’re discharged? Unless she’s bedbound at all times.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 11:38 PM

Why are they so cryptic about it? Doesn’t that just encourage rampant speculation?

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 11:40 PM

Sad last days

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 11:42 PM

Her wound may need dressing or there may be medications, IVs etc. that have to be administered by healthcare professionals. Maybe its a kidney, or a complete hysterectomy. Or Pancreas. Or maybe she has some undisclosed medical condition t hat made what might have been a fairly routine surgery, something that required moniotoring. She may even have had a blood transfusion.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 11:43 PM

Getting your colon removed is not an easy recovery. I think you have to learn how to go #2 all over again. Not sure if she's got a bag now or they gave her one of those bionic colons or maybe a pig colon.

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 11:44 PM

She looks like she’s never been in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 11:53 PM

so qe2 was the witch holding it all together.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2024 11:55 PM

Apparently Kate has gone to Sandringham with William and the kids for half-term, so she seems to be recovering well. I don't know why OP assumes the two nurses are available 24 hours a day. They could just alternate with visiting for a couple for a couple of hours every other day.

Some idiots are trying to make an issue out of William allegedly mentioning that the nurses are Filipina - it's because he was talking to a woman whose job it is to recruit nurses internationally.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 12:08 AM

R7, lots of people in the UK get post-operative nurse visits at home - it's even free on the NHS or through your local council.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 12:12 AM

We’d all be better off if more people went back to keeping mum about their private lives.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 12:15 AM

The royal womb has always been taking seriously, for millennia.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 12:26 AM

I adore her, I hope she's well soon and back on the world stage.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 12:28 AM

If it was serious she would have 2 Drs and be in hospital.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 12:56 AM

2 nurses over a 24 hour period doesn’t sound that excessive.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 1:13 AM

Well we will soon know if she starts going through menopause and has to shave

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 1:17 AM

Facelift and chemical peel gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 1:19 AM

Can I have her stuff?

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 1:23 AM

People are ignoring the most obvious cause of her distress, that William during sex blew out her hole. Might include a secondary problem with rug burns on her backside.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 1:25 AM

Might be believable, but do you really think that William has touched the poor thing since Charlotte was conceived?

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 1:31 AM

Not even once r25. Maybe she’s getting reconstructive surgery on her hooha so he’ll regain some interest in her.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 1:35 AM

Why would he touch her if he can get it from Rose?

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2024 1:54 AM

Maybe she had a bowel resection because of diverticulitis. I had one several years ago that had me in the hospital for about a week, and then I had home visits by a nurse every day once I was home to deal with a post-op complication.

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2024 2:03 AM

[quote] While I believe that people have a right to privacy about their medical situations - as does HIPPA

It's HIPAA, not HIPPA.

Also, HIPAA is a law in the United States of America, not the UK.

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2024 2:05 AM

[quote] If it was serious she would have 2 Drs and be in hospital.

So she can get Mersa? English hospitals are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2024 2:07 AM

R29. Also HIPAA has nothing to do with media discussion of medical history. As if.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2024 2:11 AM

The care and welfare of Will and Kate is probably at least as imp. as the current King. Perhaps more because they are popular and crucial to continuing the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2024 2:13 AM

R26, and put in a little friction for the bald guy

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2024 2:16 AM

This is serious, y’all! Kate’s body is rejecting her new prosthetic prostate!

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2024 2:17 AM

There's only room for one pretty princess in this family, buster, and that's ME.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2024 2:40 AM

There is absolutely no way this was a hysterectomy, so people need to stop suggesting that.

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2024 2:44 AM

Will Charlotte’s children be next in line since George can’t reproduce?

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2024 2:51 AM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 38February 10, 2024 3:00 AM

George could use an aristocratic egg donor.

by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2024 3:03 AM

R39 That’d be quite selfish of him. Charlotte would resent him for life.

by Anonymousreply 40February 10, 2024 3:23 AM

I really think it was a transplant. Kidney, liver, or small bowel.

by Anonymousreply 41February 10, 2024 3:36 AM

I buy into the pig colon theory personally.

by Anonymousreply 42February 10, 2024 3:45 AM

Brazilian butt lift with bonus anal bleaching is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2024 3:58 AM

I want Charlotte to front a band named “Pig Colon.”

George can play drums.

by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2024 4:06 AM

Well of course they’re Filipina.

by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2024 4:16 AM

[quote]do you really think that William has touched the poor thing since Charlotte was conceived?

Are you saying William isn't Louis' father?

by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2024 4:20 AM

Oh that child is definitely his. Louis got the spoiled brat behavior from William.

by Anonymousreply 47February 10, 2024 4:24 AM

R35 has spoken!

by Anonymousreply 48February 10, 2024 5:11 AM

Filipina people will work 12 hour shifts for minimum wage or even less—and wealthy cheap people will always be there to take advantage of that.

by Anonymousreply 49February 10, 2024 12:19 PM

I was going to post exactly what R3 did. She's the future Queen - and it might not be that far away either. She'll get top quality care.

by Anonymousreply 50February 10, 2024 12:23 PM

I'm thinking it was definitely GI related. Colon more than likely. I do hope this fixes it and she makes a full recovery.

by Anonymousreply 51February 10, 2024 12:50 PM

[quote]Are you saying William isn't Louis' father?

Look at Louis and then look at the rest of them. I don't know who that child's father is, but it is not William. George looks like Louie Anderson, but you can see William in him. Charlotte is all Windsor. Louis doesn't look like anyone in that family and has an interesting personality. He's gonna fun to watch grow up. And no shade on Princess William, she deserves to get dicked down from time to time as well. Will has Rose. Kate has some hunky stable boy with a 12 inch cock, which just might explain the colon and prostate issues.

by Anonymousreply 52February 10, 2024 1:19 PM

R52 I feel that you are reaching with that accusation. We do not know what Kate’s whole family looks like. Sometimes kids look more like a relative and nothing like parents.

by Anonymousreply 53February 10, 2024 1:22 PM

It's so funny to see these loons try so desperately hard to get the Rose bullshit to take off but it's just not working.

by Anonymousreply 54February 10, 2024 2:01 PM

"Filipina people will work 12 hour shifts for minimum wage or even less—and wealthy cheap people will always be there to take advantage of that."

They're also less likely to run to the press with a story.

by Anonymousreply 55February 10, 2024 2:11 PM

I can’t believe that you people are so ignorant.

High profile people go to hospitals to dry out. They then hire nurses to watch them so they don’t take a drink and relapse.

Kate was tired of being at the bottom of a bottle. Things became critical when Camilla found Kate in the Coronation Room, blacked out, wearing a beefeaters outfit and clutching a picture of Queen Victoria.

Since Kate had never made a bed in her life, Betty Ford Clinic, with its strict adherence to self reliance and cheap coffee, was not an option.

by Anonymousreply 56February 10, 2024 2:46 PM

She's also a drunk? This sounds like ABC Movie of the Week territory. Poor Kate.

by Anonymousreply 57February 10, 2024 2:50 PM

I enjoyed reading that , r56 and I’ve Stanned for Kate and always will.

And what r54 said about the Rose stuff. I have no hesitation believing any of them have side stuff. If that’s supposed to shock me if William was straying , try again.

He’ll, wake me if he isn’t sleeping around, same for Kate or any of them.

by Anonymousreply 58February 10, 2024 2:54 PM

He’ll -Hell^

by Anonymousreply 59February 10, 2024 2:55 PM

R54 Philip was a cheater, Charles was a cheater, what makes you think William won’t stray? It runs in this family.

by Anonymousreply 60February 10, 2024 3:07 PM

R60, are you incapable of reading? I never said that William will never "cheat". I said that the stuff about Rose is bullshit. It's totally fabricated, complete, utter bullshit, perpetuated online by Sussex loons.

As for Philip, he may have cheated, but no actual evidence has ever been given for it. Charles only "cheated" after Diana did and the marriage was obviously over, so it's questionable whether that is really cheating.

I do love the way you use this "sordid" word "cheat".

By your reckoning then, Harry will be a cheater, if he isn't already. Since he was just in Las Vegas, let's recall his infamous trip to that city in his bachelor days. And that was just the tip of what he probably got up to. Do you really think the playboy prince will remain faithful to Meghan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 10, 2024 3:23 PM

William said she had two nurses. That does not mean two at the same time.

I know of no explanation for attacking this supremely inoffensive woman unless you hate all pretty women or you hate all Royals. It sort of reminds me of the old DL when posters would wonder why straight men preferred women to them and then pointed out the women's flaws like acrylic nails.

If you want to attack her for being a parasite, think of Meghan's clothing bill for her first year of being a Royal. Hard to be more piggy than that.

by Anonymousreply 62February 10, 2024 3:23 PM

A thread about Kate and her two nurses, turns in a thread about Harry and Meghan? If you guys hate them so much, why can't you stop talking about them? And bringing them up in every thread. It's like you can't help yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 63February 10, 2024 3:27 PM

What happens, r63, is that there is a thread about William or Charles or Kate and then the Sussex loons turn up and make stupid attacks on them. So, by definition, if anyone is raising the spectre of Harry and Meghan then it's the deranged idiots who can't stop themselves from slamming William, Charles and Kate on the Harkles' behalf.

For example, it's only Sussex loons who try to claim that William is having an affair with Rose. So, whenever the name Rose is mentioned, it's clearly by a Sussex loon. Similarly, anyone using William's parentage as evidence that he's supposedly a cheater will have to explain if that means his brother is a cheater too.

If you don't want every thread on William and Kate and Charles to have any mention of Harry and Meghan, then perhaps encourage the Sussex loons to stop polluting these threads.

by Anonymousreply 64February 10, 2024 3:36 PM

R62, that's the reason why they give as little detail as possible away on what Kate's condition or Charles' cancer is. William tells a woman who is receiving an honour for her work recruiting nurses in the UK from abroad that Kate has two nurses from the Philippines, then she posts about that on Twitter. That then gets turned into why is he a racist for mentioning their nationality (uhm, because he's talking to a person whose job it is to recruit nurses from abroad), to if she needs two live-in nurses (wild speculation that they are live-in) then she must bedridden and in an awful state, to why does she get two nurses when the plebs can't get one (which is not even true of post-operative care in the UK).

Can you imagine the wild speculation there would be if they said that Kate had, e.g. surgery for colitis, or that Charles had, e.g. colon cancer? There'd be endless predictions about how long they have to live, if they were getting stoma bags, what might have caused their specific conditions, etc.

by Anonymousreply 65February 10, 2024 3:43 PM

As if cheating is just a royalty thing. I’ve know far fewer men in my life who didn’t cheat than did—and none were rich or famous..

by Anonymousreply 66February 10, 2024 3:44 PM

R5 - No, it's because you can't get US citizens to work those hours even for $65 an hour. This is why EB-3 visas are given out like candy.

by Anonymousreply 67February 10, 2024 3:51 PM

R64, read your post again, and then sit down and think about your life and what you wrote. Hopefully you can find spiritual healing and wellness in your journey. All the best!

by Anonymousreply 68February 10, 2024 3:55 PM

Thanks r68, I just re-read it. It does indeed describe exactly what happens, which even you did not dispute.

Thanks again for the concern, though!

by Anonymousreply 69February 10, 2024 4:06 PM

Katherine has been moved to her home Anmer Hall, on the Sandringham Estate to continue recuperating since the kids are on a school break, and William will be able to keep them busy and occupied there, more room to roam. And Charles is at Sandringham as well so they may have a chance to see one another. Although it seems that Charles is quarantining while he gets his chemo treatments, so maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 70February 10, 2024 4:14 PM

OP - These are wet nurses for William. One tit per each.

by Anonymousreply 71February 10, 2024 4:15 PM

I've never known anyone who had a hysterectomy (complete or otherwise) who stayed in the hospital more than three or four days MAX afterward. Whatever operation Kate had, it was not a hysterectomy, unless something catastrophic happened during it.

Also, she's the freaking Princess of Wales. Two nurses? I'm surprised she only has two!

by Anonymousreply 72February 10, 2024 4:32 PM

R72 - She's transitioning into Prince Kyle. She's tired of Meghan grabbing all the headlines.

by Anonymousreply 73February 10, 2024 4:34 PM

[quote]Also, she's the freaking Princess of Wales. Two nurses? I'm surprised she only has two!

Exactly, I don't understand this narrative that they are just this typical middle class couple who do it all themselves. They have staff. Multiple staffers who help them with everything. I don't understand why that's supposed to be a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 74February 10, 2024 4:35 PM

London Air Ambulance Charity gala dinner on Feb. 7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 10, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote]Also, she's the freaking Princess of Wales. Two nurses? I'm surprised she only has two!

She has Ladies in Waiting. The nurses probably administer medication and keep track of vital signs.

The Ladies in Waiting wipe her fevered brow, haul the bedpans, plump her pillow, change the water in the flower vases and eat the chocolates sent by well wishers.

by Anonymousreply 76February 10, 2024 4:59 PM

Does the Princess of Wales have Ladies in Waiting? I thought those were for the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 77February 10, 2024 5:08 PM

[quote] Abdominal surgery - hysterectomy due to ovarian cancer?

Ovaries aren’t uteruses.

by Anonymousreply 78February 10, 2024 5:31 PM

I’m sure the Princess of Wales has Ladies in Waiting Trainees. A woman can’t just step into such a demanding position without experience.

There must be classes in:

How to thwart the King’s amorous advances

How to deal with prissy gay shop bottoms at Fortnum & Mason

How to give stinkeye without being seen by the press

What corners of the palace are good for a bit of slap and tickle with the Queen’s Guard

by Anonymousreply 79February 10, 2024 5:35 PM

Miss Catherine throw bowl of hot soup on me when I offer to sing traditional Filipino lullaby.

by Anonymousreply 80February 10, 2024 5:47 PM

How much longer does she have?

by Anonymousreply 81February 10, 2024 5:56 PM

I think the stupid royal family charade has come to the end, with the British economy pretty much sunk, and the royals spending money they did not earn, it's time to remove the monarchy, or reduce it to titular titles, and put the royals out to work like everyone else. Everything was given to them, and they do nothing in return but smile, get a job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 10, 2024 5:59 PM

A breast reconstruction after mastectomy is difficult surgery. I’m very old, but I used to hate breast reconstruction in PACU because so many didn’t “take” and had to go back to the OR. We monitored temperature of the breast and if it went below a certain temp, we called plastics who weren’t in the hospital at night because plastic surgeons are princes (they were all male in those days). We kept the patients overnight in PACU. I’m sure that doesn’t happen anymore in the glorious days of insurance company medicine.

The patients would be admitted to the hospital, go into surgery for HOURS for mastectomy and breast reconstruction and then they’d have to go right back in within 24 hours for revision surgery which also lasted HOURS. That is not good for human bodies.

I really hope it’s better these days, but who knows? It was very hard because breast tissue is fatty and doesn’t have great circulation.

Now imagine she has breast cancer and is BRCA positive. Maybe she wants both breasts removed and reconstructed. Or maybe she has ovarian cancer and wants her breasts removed because she’s BRCA positive. Big surgery.

by Anonymousreply 83February 10, 2024 6:03 PM

Even the Queen does not have ladies in waiting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 10, 2024 6:32 PM

And what would they be waiting for? The royal tampon was remaindered years ago.

by Anonymousreply 85February 10, 2024 6:34 PM

[quote]Even the Queen does not have ladies in waiting.

Courtesans always have to change things. They can’t just leave well enough alone.

by Anonymousreply 86February 10, 2024 6:35 PM

Though Princess Elizabeth did have at least one before she became Queen, she was heir to the throne.

[quote] Lady Pamela Hicks was a lady-in-waiting for the then-Princess Elizabeth on tour in Kenya when the news came that Elizabeth's father, King George VI, had died on Feb. 6, 1952 — making Elizabeth, age 25, the new Queen. "I remember going and hugging her. And then thinking, 'Oh my goodness, she's Queen' — and going into a deep curtsy," Hicks previously told PEOPLE Royals.

by Anonymousreply 87February 10, 2024 6:37 PM

[quote] They can’t just leave well enough alone.

Fear not. Tradition will be restored.

by Anonymousreply 88February 10, 2024 6:48 PM

She probably had a gastrectomy due to years of bulemia and binge eating.

by Anonymousreply 89February 10, 2024 7:15 PM

That was Diana, R89.

by Anonymousreply 90February 10, 2024 7:21 PM

It’ll probably be a saintly organ donation at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 91February 10, 2024 7:23 PM

“Princess Kate”? “Katherine”? “Kate Middleton”?

No wonder the need for two nurses - that’s three patients up at Anmer right there.

Not to mention The Princess of Wales - who’s looking after her?

by Anonymousreply 92February 10, 2024 7:34 PM

She probably had lap band surgery, the fat cow.

by Anonymousreply 93February 10, 2024 7:37 PM

My mother has 3 nurses around the clock. And has for years. 8 hour shifts.

by Anonymousreply 94February 10, 2024 7:40 PM

I have a local acquaintance who, in years gone by, was a Lady in Waiting to one of the Royal women, I will not say which one. Essentially she was a PA and travelled everywhere with her employer. She said it was a great job, she was greatly appreciated by the BRF, but in the end she didn't want to be on call all the time and didn't want to travel so much. She has said many times what wonderful employers they were. Due to where I live I have many friends and acquaintances who either currently work with the BRF, previously worked with them, and/or were in the military with them (yes, even beloved Harry).

On another note, I do have 1-2 degrees of separation from the Princess of Wales, but that story is locked down tight. No one knows what's happened. When the Wales' want to keep themselves private, it is like Fort Knox. And more power to them, it's no one's business. And, because this is Datalounge, I know people will say I'm making it all up. Makes no odds to me either way, take it or leave it.

by Anonymousreply 95February 10, 2024 7:51 PM

[quote]She probably had lap band surgery, the fat cow.

That's 1 night in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 96February 10, 2024 7:51 PM

R94 is the Princess of Sheba.

by Anonymousreply 97February 10, 2024 7:52 PM

"I have a local acquaintance who, in years gone by, was a Lady in Waiting to one of the Royal women, I will not say which one. Essentially she was a PA and travelled everywhere with her employer. She said it was a great job, she was greatly appreciated by the BRF".

Well that rules out Princess Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 98February 10, 2024 7:54 PM

R98, that made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 99February 10, 2024 7:55 PM

Being a Lady in Waiting is not a “job.” It’s an honor.

Camilla’s “Companions” are not paid, though it may have been different in the past.

Are you sure your local acquaintance wasn’t some kind of secretary putting in airs?

by Anonymousreply 100February 10, 2024 8:11 PM

On airs

by Anonymousreply 101February 10, 2024 8:11 PM

Anorexia. One nurse to hold her down and the other to force feed her.

by Anonymousreply 102February 10, 2024 8:19 PM

R100, I am quite sure about my acquaintance and her job with the royal family. I won't say how she started with the BRF, but she was with them for many years. She was definitely a Lady in Waiting and it was definitely a role given to her as appreciation for her many years of service and she was definitely paid for it. I believe the late QEII had the more traditional model of having Ladies in Waiting who fit the profile you refer to (Lady Susan Hussey, etc).

by Anonymousreply 103February 10, 2024 8:21 PM

Nothing to see here. Keep curtsying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104February 10, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote] it was definitely a role given to her as appreciation for her many years of service

So she was a maid?

by Anonymousreply 105February 10, 2024 8:25 PM

R103 as soon as I saw your post I knew that a couple of posters who know nothing about the subject matter would not let that stop them from weighing in and trying to pick apart your posting.

Because they always know best, all evidence to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 106February 10, 2024 8:32 PM

Yes, R105, because the only vocational options available to females in the royal households are Lady in Waiting and maid.

The various British Royal Family households employ hundreds of people - do you think that all other roles are filled by men?

You had best go back to binge watching Downtown Abbey.

by Anonymousreply 107February 10, 2024 8:36 PM

But she was some kind of servant, not an aristocrat.

by Anonymousreply 108February 10, 2024 8:43 PM

R95, did your friend ever opine about specific royals? I like Sophie, despite a few gaffs, she seems a decent human being.

by Anonymousreply 109February 10, 2024 8:43 PM

Karma😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 10, 2024 8:44 PM

Your acquaintance may have been given that title as a courtesy after years of employment, but that’s not the typical Lady-in-Waiting

[quote] In Britain, ladies-in-waiting are titled noblewomen who serve not only the queen, but also high-ranking women in the royal household. Kate Middleton has one, while the queen’s sister Princess Margaret had many. Queen Elizabeth II herself had nine before the Duchess of Grafton and Lady Farnham died, with seven remaining, including Susan Rhodes, Lady Elizabeth Leeming, The Hon Mary Morrison and Virginia Ogilvy, Countess of Airlie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 10, 2024 8:48 PM

R103, are you sure you're using the right term, because what you're describing is not a lady-in-waiting.

by Anonymousreply 112February 10, 2024 9:29 PM

R111 apart from your quoted article referring to “Kate Middleton”, who no longer exists, it is out of date. Four of Princess Anne’s six LIW are plain Mrs, Ms or Miss. the Princess of Wales has one LIW who is untitled. The Duchess of Edinburgh has one part time LIW, again untitled. Not sure about Princess Alexandra as she is largely retired.

You might be better for not referring to an American online “news” site for accurate reporting on the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 113February 10, 2024 9:58 PM

Are they confusing the Master of the Stool and the Grand Keeper of the Black Stick?

by Anonymousreply 114February 10, 2024 9:58 PM

Nobody said that she was “some kind of servant”, R108. Or did you see “many years of service” and assume that that was what was meant?

by Anonymousreply 115February 10, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote] She has two around the clock nurses taking care of her after being discharged.

She can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 116February 10, 2024 10:55 PM

But, r113, Anne's Mrs Ladies in Waiting are royal cousins of some kind or have some other close family/friend relationship with the royals. Sophie's lady in waiting is an old school chum. It's not a job you can apply for and it's also not a full-time job, as you describe it. I can believe your acquaintance was something like a salaried personal assistant, but that's not the same as a lady in waiting.

by Anonymousreply 117February 10, 2024 11:09 PM

R95 A Lady in Waiting isn’t an employee.

by Anonymousreply 118February 10, 2024 11:15 PM

r103 r106 I commented a while ago about a friend of mine who had QEII as a client for decades up until her death and you wouldn't believe the amount of squealing that resulted from that. The same people saying dumb things above is probably the exact same crowd.

by Anonymousreply 119February 10, 2024 11:18 PM

A lady in waiting is a fancy term for an assistant. Essentially, she’s just the help. Some of y’all really trying it like it’s some fucking fancy position.

by Anonymousreply 120February 10, 2024 11:32 PM

R108 there is a difference between providing service to the Monarch and being a servant. And FYI - early in her reign the late Queen directed that the people previously referred to as “servants” were now to be known as “staff”.

The Lord Chamberlain is the most senior member of the royal household and they usually spend around a decade in service to the Monarch. Nobody would assume that the Earl of Airlie or the Duke of Atholl were maids based on their “service” to the Monarch. That would be silly.

by Anonymousreply 121February 10, 2024 11:32 PM

R120 I wouldn’t dare argue with an expert on the households of the BRF who refers to a “fucking fancy position” along with “the help” and uses “y’all”.

You are obviously very well connected.

by Anonymousreply 122February 10, 2024 11:36 PM

[quote]Nobody would assume that the Earl of Airlie or the Duke of Atholl were maids based on their “service” to the Monarch. That would be silly.

Mary!

Would it ever!

by Anonymousreply 123February 10, 2024 11:37 PM

R117 I was referring to the article in some American “news” rag which stated that all Ladies in Waiting are titled noblewomen, which most, patently are not.

Nobody said that it was a job that can be applied for except you.

by Anonymousreply 124February 10, 2024 11:41 PM

R122 Get off your high horse. You must be fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 125February 11, 2024 12:07 AM

R125 I often take my high horse to parties where we are immensely popular!

Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 126February 11, 2024 12:20 AM

Lady in waiting was a companion to the Queen. Not a PA .The Queen had a couple secretaries and one of them functioned as her PA.

by Anonymousreply 127February 11, 2024 1:09 AM

R124, you referred to this royal woman as your acquaintance's employer. A lady in waiting is not an employee. She may not always be a titled noble lady but she is always a personal acquaintance of the royal woman she assists. Even if she doesn't have a title then she is very close to the royal family, perhaps even a relative, e.g. Mrs Susan Rhodes, a lady in waiting of Princess Anne, is the daughter in law of Margaret Rhodes, a first cousin of the late Queen Elizabeth. Susan Rhodes succeeded her mother in law as the late Queen's lady in waiting.

by Anonymousreply 128February 11, 2024 1:10 AM

R128 you are confusing me with the OP, which I’m not.

I have no acquaintances in the Royal Households.

by Anonymousreply 129February 11, 2024 1:12 AM

What’s the equivalent for a male royal?

by Anonymousreply 130February 11, 2024 1:44 AM

One different one for each of her personalities! :)

by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2024 2:50 AM

All t his sickness is going to push Camilla over the edge to the drink again. She's been doing so well. But the smell of nicotine and gin is subtle but you can tell.....

by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2024 3:05 AM

[quote] People are ignoring the most obvious cause of her distress, that William during sex blew out her hole. Might include a secondary problem with rug burns on her backside.

Good lord

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2024 4:10 AM

Good prince

fixed for R133

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2024 4:21 AM

Sadly, that is what passes for humour on the DL these days, R133.

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2024 4:26 AM

R52

Louis looks like a Middleton.

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2024 4:30 AM

She was definitely not a maid or in any employment at that sort of level. She is from a highly skilled specific background. I'll leave it at that. Please feel free to continue to pick my post apart above. I expected it and wear it as a Datalounge badge of honour. I've been here 22 years. I know how this goes. Cheerio.

by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2024 7:52 AM

[quote]Well that rules out Princess Margaret

Reminds me of a passage in A N Wilson's memoir. (ANW being a prolific author, Upper Bohemia, well-connected.)

Lady Elizabeth Cavendish was a longtime Lady in Waiting to Princess Margaret. She was also the constant close companion of Sir John Betjeman, Poet Laureate. Late in life before becoming unwell Margaret was often lonely and restless, keenly seeking company.

ANW noted that Elizabeth and John, settling in for a cosy evening of TV and drink, would dread the call from needy Margaret - eager to visit, drink whisky, and talk late into the night. We gather that a Lady in Waiting was precisely that, and 'We're rather busy tonight, Ma'am' was not an option.

by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2024 9:38 AM

Yeah, r137, it's so unreasonable of us to ask questions when some anonymous rando comes on and tells us he knows a former lady in waiting and refers to the royal she assisted as her employer and her position as employment. Considering how there's only a limited number of former ladies in waiting, especially those who were not ladies in waiting to the late Queen, you should be aware that it wouldn't be too difficult to work out how you may be referring to. So, it's again not unreasonable to ask if you actually mean a lady in waiting or some kind of personal assistant.

"She is from a highly skilled specific background" - The skills and backgrounds ladies in waiting need are mostly to be well bred (in both the sense of of a certain status and have a courteous, charming and efficient personality style) and be a close confidant of the royal lady she is waiting upon.

by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2024 9:38 AM

Good on you R137. There is a subset (at least I hope that it’s a subset) of posters who are so dissatisfied with their sad lives that their only way to feel better about themselves is to try and cut other posters down to their level.

I have a fair idea who you were referring to and if so the description is accurate.

You know the drill after 22 years - I’m about a 15 year veteran myself - you can try and defend what you’ve said if you can be bothered but otherwise they are best ignored.

Because, as always, they know best. Even when they don’t.

And right on cue at R139 another one pops up!

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2024 9:48 AM

Right r140, it's just being bitter when you ask for clarifications when an anonymous online poster says "I know a former lady in waiting to one of the female royals" and then describes what his acquaintance was in a way that does not match with what a lady in waiting is or does.

He may very well know someone who once worked very closely with one of the royal women, but it doesn't sound like she would have been a lady in waiting, of whom there are very few, even fewer if you exclude the titled ones.

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2024 11:54 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2024 12:57 PM

Oh great, I didn't realise that posts with Independent links were effectively deleted too.

Anyway, r98 is mistaken. Princess Margaret's lady in waiting, Lady Glenconner, a lifelong friend, absolutely adored her.

[quote]Speaking on This Morning on Monday, the 90-year-old recalled the first time she ever met Princess Margaret.

[quote]“I was three, she was five, and the minute I saw her, I knew she was my type of friend,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 143February 11, 2024 1:12 PM

I was puzzled as to why the Independent is an issue. It's owned by Evgeny Lebedev?

by Anonymousreply 144February 11, 2024 1:33 PM

[quote]Oh great, I didn't realise that posts with Independent links were effectively deleted too.

This policy never made sense. It deletes the poster’s comment but leaves the link in tact.

by Anonymousreply 145February 11, 2024 1:56 PM

R95, you have stated your boundaries...but it would be great if you could share some tidbits from your friend. I'm sure there's a bit of gossip about other fringier members you could share. I'm betting some of the people are dead, yes?

by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2024 2:04 PM

Enough royal household shit. This is about Kate Middleton’s medical status, Turn this is to a bitching thread about ladies in waiting and other BRF crap and this thread gets ff just like all the other vehemently maniacal BRF threads by oppositional defiant shut-ins.

by Anonymousreply 147February 11, 2024 2:14 PM

[quote]Oh great, I didn't realise that posts with Independent links were effectively deleted too.

DL has had beef with the Indy for years. I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2024 2:18 PM

This thread is about the assistance Kate is getting, r147.

by Anonymousreply 149February 11, 2024 2:31 PM

What does any of this have to do with Kate's new Chanel designed colostomy bag or was it designed by Chico's?

by Anonymousreply 150February 11, 2024 2:50 PM

Katie on Assistance? Finally!

by Anonymousreply 151February 11, 2024 2:50 PM

One nurse can step out to have a shit, a wank, a sandwich, a cigarette, make a personal call. It doesn't seem that extraordinary for someone whose father-in-law has someone apply toothpaste to his toothbrush each morning.

by Anonymousreply 152February 11, 2024 3:13 PM

R141 nobody used the word “bitter” except for you - rather telling, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 153February 11, 2024 3:18 PM

R149 The "assistance" the racist slag so richly deserves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 11, 2024 3:41 PM

No r153, it isn't telling of anything, it's simply summing up in one word what you needed lots of waffle to say.

But continue thinking that the relationship between royal queen or princess and her ladies in waiting is that of employer/employee if that makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 155February 11, 2024 3:50 PM

Help with toothpaste was given when Charles had a broken arm. Poor you to have shit comprehension skills.

by Anonymousreply 156February 11, 2024 3:50 PM

Poor you, R156, for your one "fact" I can find hundreds of articles about his valet and the one inch toothpaste routine that never mention a broken arm.

You comprehend only what you want to comprehend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 11, 2024 4:05 PM

It takes two full time nurses to shave her hairy taint?

by Anonymousreply 158February 11, 2024 4:06 PM

R157 Doesn't comprehend that a grown man who needs his toothpaste squeezed for him is a worthless piece of shite. Poor R157

by Anonymousreply 159February 11, 2024 4:09 PM

R78, if you need treatment for ovarian cancer, a hysterectomy is part of the deal.

by Anonymousreply 160February 11, 2024 4:44 PM

What did I say to the contrary, R159? Why would you think I believe Charles is any more useful than s pair of tits on a bull?

Fucking hell, I didn't cite stories of his valet pre-lubing Charles' toothbrush to highlight the man's contributions to society.

by Anonymousreply 161February 11, 2024 4:50 PM

Daft old biddies arguing about "ladies in waiting" . Tiresome if it wasn't so hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 162February 11, 2024 7:41 PM

Well the truth is there is that much to say about Katherine and her surgery or her post operation experience. We know nothing. So we speculate we joke, we ramble and gossip and grab at straws. But the truth is there is not much to say right now.

by Anonymousreply 163February 12, 2024 2:50 AM

*Catherine*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 12, 2024 4:36 AM

She’s so boring looking. There is not one thing interesting about her, which is perfect for Wills because she’ll never upstage him. She’s the human equivalent of boiled celery.

by Anonymousreply 165February 12, 2024 9:31 AM

[quote]There is not one thing interesting about her

She's not really allowed to be interesting, even if she had such a capacity. Interesting people express themselves freely, in so doing winning positive attention from some, but displeasing others. That's not a risk the future Queen Consort will take, and nor would the RF want her to. Until her recent illness she was a weekly blameless cover star on many newspapers, evidently providing interest of a sort enough.

by Anonymousreply 166February 12, 2024 12:28 PM

Catherine Duchess of Stepford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 12, 2024 3:34 PM

^What are you babbling about? I find Catherine's childbood and mental healrh initiatives very interesting, as well as the various sports she enthusiastically.supports. She's well rounded.

by Anonymousreply 168February 12, 2024 3:43 PM

^Agree ! Kate has such a special rapport with children they sense her sincerity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169February 12, 2024 3:51 PM

She's perfect for her role. Perfect for William. Perfect in every way. A blank slate for the public to invest all their hopes in.

by Anonymousreply 170February 12, 2024 3:52 PM

Pity she's not perfect with a peg .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 12, 2024 4:11 PM

The Sussex stans still can’t spell “Cholmondeley”.

by Anonymousreply 172February 12, 2024 5:39 PM

Isn’t it about time Meghan did something to upstage Kate? I bet she’ll have *four* nurses. But will she dress as Diana or Wallis? Or maybe Margaret in her wheelchair days?

by Anonymousreply 173February 12, 2024 10:50 PM

She could stage a fake miscarriage then publish an article describing her pain that she plagiarized from a woman who had been through a miscarriage.

Oh hang on, she’s already done that.

I’m thinking a suicide attempt - midnight ambulances, corner suite at Cedars Sinai, mercy dash to her bedside by Doria - that might do it.

by Anonymousreply 174February 12, 2024 10:59 PM

I think you may all be surprised if she decides to go thru with what she is thinking about.

Without info about the surgery no one has any idea what kind she had. I had a hysterectomy and I was in the hospital for 24 days. The only reason it wasn't longer was because my Dr. was told if he didn't sign me out I would be walking out on my own because I wasn't getting any better. Lots went wrong so my 3 hour surgery turned into a 9 hour surgery.

by Anonymousreply 175February 12, 2024 11:04 PM

The palace is now claiming it was a partial birth abortion.

by Anonymousreply 176February 12, 2024 11:10 PM

[quote] The palace is now claiming it was a partial birth abortion.

If by the “palace” you mean Omid Scabies.

by Anonymousreply 177February 12, 2024 11:12 PM

Kate may be boring but she’s surrounded by people who know how to help her discreetly pull focus, like she did at Philip’s funeral.

Girlfriend rocked that image.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 12, 2024 11:16 PM

In your photo she looks a lot like Natalie Wood ca. 1979.

by Anonymousreply 179February 12, 2024 11:33 PM

R178 it’s an iconic image (I know - Mary!) taken by Chris Jackson who always seems to get the money shot of Kate. Rather handily, he's married to Kate’s stylist Natasha Archer.

by Anonymousreply 180February 13, 2024 4:23 AM

Fantastic pic.

by Anonymousreply 181February 13, 2024 3:11 PM

Someone posted this on another "royal " thread . Thought it worth repeating even though you batshit crazy fraus won't understand a word:

People who develop a hatred of others they have never, and will never meet, and only know about the people or person what they see in the media or from others on social media are screwed up in the head.

OP I think you are one of those people. You and all others who do this are the sorts of people who only believe what you want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 182February 14, 2024 3:21 AM

More repetition from KGT.

by Anonymousreply 183February 14, 2024 3:29 AM

The difference between this thread and other BRF threads is that this one is clearly for fun and laughs. The other runs are weighed down by people who actually believe bullshit, propaganda and half-truths and twisted, unsubstantiated information. No one uses any critical thinking skills in those threads. Some tabloid writes a story and it's automatically the truth. It's eye-rollingly sad.

by Anonymousreply 184February 14, 2024 3:36 AM

R182. Profound.

by Anonymousreply 185February 14, 2024 4:00 AM

KGT's pussy stinks worse than Cheryl's. It's the cause of all gynecologist suicides in the last twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 186February 14, 2024 6:25 AM

R75 - When did Tom Cruise transition into Jason Bateman?

by Anonymousreply 187February 14, 2024 11:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!