Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

To the Democrats who think Biden shouldn't run for President

Who do you think would replace him at this point?

We're already in the primaries and Biden was the clear winner among those Democrats running against him.

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2024 6:56 AM

People act like a presidential roll out will happen by horse and buggy. Biden hands over the reigns and full apparatus to another candidate. They do a media blitz and take the narrative from Dump. It's not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 6:52 PM

Gavin Newsom

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 6:54 PM

Whitmer/Warnock.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 6:57 PM

The Presidency would be handed over to Kamala Harris if anything were to happen. I'm not concerned because I think she'd do a fine job.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 7:01 PM

I think Harris would do a fine job if she were handed the reigns. But I don't think she's electable on her own.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 7:03 PM

At this point everyone who doesn't want to see another Trump presidency needs to vote for Biden.

It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 7:06 PM

They're GOP trolls trying to get Donald reelected.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 7:14 PM

There are still too many sexist MAGAts who won't vote for Whitmer as POTUS and some swing voters who are homophobes probably wouldn't vote for a woman who has a lesbian daughter.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 7:14 PM

Whitmer/Newsom. We need to pull the emergency cord.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 7:19 PM

A quiz would be interesting

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 7:30 PM

REINS Ffs

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 7:32 PM

Give it up, OP.

Biden won 96% of the South Carolina primary. Democrats are firmly behind their candidate and look forward to a number of fantastic candidates to chose from in the 2028 primaries. Where do you think the GOP will be then?

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 7:37 PM

That's a good point, R12, but the damage the GOP can inflict in the next 4 years might be irreversible.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2024 7:42 PM

I agree with r5 that Kamala would probably do a serviceable job.

Thing is, she wouldn’t win the election on her own. She has a likability problem and her vice presidency hasn’t exactly endeared her to anyone

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2024 8:06 PM

This came up on The View today. Joy Behar thought the black community would be outraged if Biden stepped down and it wasn't Kamala in his place. Sunny Hostin seemed to think the black community would be fine as long as Kamala stayed on as VP. Personally, I can't imagine Biden getting replaced with another white person and people not freaking out about the black woman getting passed over. If anything, I think the outrage would be less if the entire ticket changed and Kamala step aside along with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2024 8:12 PM

Thank god The View Troll is here to let us know what these inconsequential women think.

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2024 8:18 PM

R11, I was going to say the same thing. HOWEVER, I thought it was a clever pun (probably unintentional by the posters).

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2024 8:22 PM

Patti LuPone.

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2024 8:47 PM

It's not dems complaining about the POTUS.It is Republican operatives and foreigners meddling. Again. Total scum.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 12:50 AM

Amy Klobachar

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 1:00 AM

And they keep going on and on and on about how old this POTUS is, deliberately leaving out the fact dump is merely three years younger than President Biden.

Pathetic. Lying. Shitbags.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 1:05 AM

It is a gross failure of the Democratic machine that their leadership pipeline is clogged with people like Kamala or Buttigieg who suit the internal culture of the party but are terrible retail politicians. Identifying and fostering leadership talent should be been a priority given Biden’s age and other shortcomings. Now the Democrats are stuck with a demented presidential candidate as the only alternative to another Trump presidency. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 1:10 AM

What is pathetic is republican operatives who dare criticize the Democrats in any capacity given that your party has held this country hostage for decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 1:14 AM

Amy Klobuchar is a good moderate Dem. But, the crybaby progressive millennials and zoomers hate moderate Dems.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 1:17 AM

[quote]Biden hands over the reigns

[quote]I think Harris would do a fine job if she were handed the reigns.

Oh, dear, it's "reins." Arguably, he could be said to hand over the reign, but not the reigns.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 1:18 AM

Here's an old, evil, half dead thing, gleefully and openly declaring himself the grim reaper. Deliberate sabotaging the progress of the country to satisfy your twisted needs.

Fuck. You. All.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 1:19 AM

The idea that an individual is “owed” a shot at the presidency by dint of their gender or some other personal characteristic is a ridiculously embarrassing liberal/progressive delusion. You become a political leader by building a coalition of support and getting elected. That’s a little thing called “democracy”. Last time the Democrats indulged their DIE fantasies they gave us the incompetent Hillary campaign and how did that turn out?

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2024 1:25 AM

Bitch. You're not a Democratic party member. STFU.

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2024 1:26 AM

"Unlikable". "Incompetent". "Pantsuits". "Buttery emails". And. She. Still. Fucking. Won.

American people do not vote against our own interests.

Pukes do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2024 1:30 AM

[quote] Amy Klobuchar

She is not Presidential material.

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2024 2:34 AM

I would like Jon Ossoff to be POTUS. I would also like to lick his dick. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2024 2:54 AM

Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2024 2:57 AM

If only there were a historical precedent for what Biden is attempting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2024 3:25 AM

Gretchen Whitmer, Andy Bashear, Josh Shapiro. Governors who have proven they can win in non-deep-blue states.

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2024 3:32 AM

Streisand/Bloomberg ‘24

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2024 3:33 AM

For you, R31:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2024 6:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!