Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are Californians really safe from trump if he gets back in?

I don’t think our “bubble” will protect us for long.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 7:30 PM

I'm in CA and Trump isn't the biggest threat. This state has plenty issues as is

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 4:13 PM

Nobody is safe. But it takes thugs and armies of followers to enforce dictators' desires. They do exist here in California but nowhere near to the degree of other places - particularly in our legislature.

Other states allow these election deniers, false electors and other shenanigans in their state governments and to spew garbage. I don't see that in CA - but I do know the GOP is above NOTHING to get their way.

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 4:16 PM

OP would rather have the hung MS13 gang members flooding the state under Biden.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 4:19 PM

R3 probably lives in one of the red states that have more crime than CA, thanks to their loose gun laws

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 4:34 PM

r3 I am exhausted with the MAGA trolling. I mean in the old days arguing with conservatives used to have some wit, some substance. Now trying to engage MAGA cultists is like talking to the homeless addict on the corner babbling incoherently at the sun.

Much of the Trump support is funded by Silicon Valley "New Man" Libertarians. If he is elected (still doubtful in my opinion) what he actually does won't be the devastating Christian Nationalist culture oppression that many fear (even abortion rights in many states will hold against the insanity), rather just totally corrupt policy and tax changes that favor the oligarchs, including the tech billionaires. CA will be mostly unscathed, other than horrid things like environmental protective regulations erased - T will try to close down the EPA for example.

Trump would be a destructive force to our culture, natural environment, values, and world status... but we can withstand him. He can't be dictator for life. Our guardrails, bent and roughed up, will hold.

And California with its energy, innovation, natural beauty and culture of freedoms will be a place for dreaming and surfing and reading poetry and dancing and making movies.... long, long after Trump decomposes in some MAGA Mausoleum in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 4:48 PM

Most of these Trumptard trolls couldn’t afford to rent a studio apartment in Bakersfield. Simple Republicunt/Russian disinformation. This thread is just the latest incarnation. lol& smh.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 4:48 PM

R5, I like you.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 4:53 PM

Always pleasant to read an intelligent perspective like the one at R5 to counteract the fools like R3.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 4:57 PM

R-3 that was so helpful,thanks,,,

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 7:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!