Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should Biden continue to run?

A poll.

by Anonymousreply 142February 12, 2024 5:18 PM

Trumptards abound. Never mind he confused Haley with Pelosi, Iran with Turkey, Obama with Biden, E. Jean with Ivana, and airports with 1776.

Never mind he wants the US out of NATO to leave Europe defenseless against Putin. Never mind Jared got an unfathomable $2 billion from the murderous Saudi MBS---for? Never mind the unnecessary Covid-19 dead.

And never mind the desecrated and vandalized Capitol and dead and wounded defenders of it as well as the terrified Congress in hiding in an attempt to halt the legitimate transition of executive power, excused first as "peaceful protestors," then "peaceful tourists." Never mind the Vice-President's abject fear of getting into a Secret Service vehicle. And never mind the subsequent arrests and sentencing of those "peaceful protesting tourists."

Too many Americans are unutterably ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 1:52 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 1:54 PM

R1 we want the Democrats to win

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 3:24 PM

He's running, OP, get over it.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 3:27 PM

The man is in either stage one or two of dementia. NO he shouldn't run.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 3:28 PM

God help us.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 3:32 PM

[quote]NO he shouldn't run.

Lol, stomp your feet all you want, r5...he's running.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 3:32 PM

Biden beat Trump once and he’ll beat him again. And Trump will probably run again in 2028. Unless he’s in jail or dead.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 3:36 PM

R5, the symptoms of stage one and two of dementia are not apparent to doctors or loved ones. But I guess you are the expert.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 3:39 PM

I hope he picks a new running mate. Kamala's not cutting it.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 3:39 PM

FU OP. You think we haven’t noticed you’re the troll posting anti-Biden threads? We know, so fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 3:43 PM

Trump is in apparent cognitive decline, if not actually crazy (he's definitely crazy), but I'm not going to pretend that Biden isn't also exhibiting serious cognitive decline and confusion. If the role of President had any real power, he should not be running. However, we all should know by now that being "President' is merely a role, one that calls for the President to be the public-facing "leader" (figurehead) of America. Every decision is made behind the scenes, and the role of the president is merely to report those decisions to the general public, at times with a lot of fanfare. This is the only reason that makes sense as to why the Democrats even allowed Biden to run again. He's a nice, grandfatherly, well-intentioned and harmless individual and as such, being the President, in an essentially name-only capacity, isn't such a travesty. I'd rather have a much younger, more vital, more future-thinking person as President, but only if that role had real power to change things and wasn't just carrying out what the behind-the-scenes deciders are ordering be done.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 5:46 PM

Biden won't run. You can say he is running and he might say he is running. But at the end, his name will not be on the ballot. Wait and see for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2024 5:49 PM

We shall, r13; we shall.

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2024 6:05 PM

I can't wait for Trump to lose and go away, go to prison, or simply just die. The country needs to move on from all this tiresome bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2024 6:14 PM

I think Biden has been a very good president - the economy is extremely strong, he has supported our allies abroad and helped weaken Putin at an extremely low cost to us. But the accumulation of gaffes and memory deficits is now reaching the point where he's going to lose to Trump, even though Trump is crazier and senile. I'd rather he step out of the way and let the party elect a new generation who can beat Trump. I'm for a Whitmer/Saunders ticket.

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2024 6:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2024 6:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2024 6:23 PM

No. He is going to lose.

Trump is going to be relected. And most people know this deep down.

I am pretty worried and trying to accept this now.

And of course I will vote for Biden- but its going to make no difference.

by Anonymousreply 19February 9, 2024 6:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 9, 2024 6:25 PM

OP's gobbling up the Russian disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 21February 9, 2024 6:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 9, 2024 6:25 PM

R19 I call bullshit, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 23February 9, 2024 6:28 PM

I'm tired of this poor memory shit the press is going on about Joe. He's a decent human being, leave him the fuck alone. Of course, a Republican got this started. They have no soul.

by Anonymousreply 24February 9, 2024 6:31 PM

R24 They're pissed off because of the recent economic growth under Biden and doing everything they can to make him look bad before the election.

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2024 6:32 PM

The economy is going to be the biggest factor to determine the outcome of the election. If anyone was honestly concerned about the mental state of the President they wouldn't be voting for Trump either.

by Anonymousreply 26February 9, 2024 6:43 PM

[quote] Should Biden continue to run?

At his age, he should stick to walking.

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2024 6:47 PM

His big dicked brother should run. For a senior, he can still get hard.

by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2024 6:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 9, 2024 6:53 PM

If there is a televised debate between Biden and Trump, and Trump blithers on and doesn't shut up like he did last time, Biden should just step in front of the podium and drop trou. He would be the clear winner in that debate.

by Anonymousreply 30February 9, 2024 6:54 PM

[quote]Trump is going to be relected. And most people know this deep down.

I don't mean to alarm you, R19, but you appear to be in late-stage cognitive decline.

[quote]And of course I will vote for Biden- but its going to make no difference.

Go swill some more vodka, Svetlana.

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2024 7:00 PM

R30 That would be one way to shut Trump up.

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2024 7:04 PM

I love Biden. But, for the love of god, no more press conferences. No more impromptu anything. He's ALWAYS been a lovable gaffe machine. But the stakes are too fucking high right now. Just be quiet!

There was just a report that we now use Mexico more than China for imports - which is something MAGAts desperately wanted. Biden did something Trump wanted to do, but didn't.

That should be plastered all over social media. Not Biden fucking up names and places and dates.

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2024 7:39 PM

[quote] I love Biden. But, for the love of god, no more press conferences. No more impromptu anything.

That will be impossible once the general election season begins. Biden can't run a silent, invisible campaign for re-election. There will need to be some impromptu speaking and availability to the press. Running for president is mentally and physically grueling. It will be interesting to see how Biden fares on the campaign trail.

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2024 7:47 PM

for those who ballyhoo that "younger politicians aren't given the chance" - all I heard when Amy Klobuchar or Pete Buttigieg ran was how terrible they were. GO Right ahead and support Matt Gaetz, he sure is young enough!

Politics is FAR too much a popularity contest now. All of you can go rot

by Anonymousreply 35February 9, 2024 7:50 PM

I think what happened is Joe was incredibly incensed about the memory accusations, particularly as the special prosecutor implied he didn't remember when Beau died. Biden probably ignored the advice of his advisors and instead opted for an immediate reaction. Joe is normally very good when rehearsed (aren't we all), he should have taken a few days to assemble talking points.

Has he lost a step or two mentally and physically? No doubt. But Bottom line is the Biden presidency is very successful. The Repukes will be coming at him with everything.

by Anonymousreply 36February 9, 2024 7:52 PM

Even if Biden is on the ballot, everyone knows it's really a race between Trump and Kamala.

Trump will win.

by Anonymousreply 37February 9, 2024 7:54 PM

Funny how nobody seems concerned that Donald has the mental capacity of a brain-damaged racoon on crack.

by Anonymousreply 38February 9, 2024 7:55 PM

I'm more concerned about his slow walking than his memory.

by Anonymousreply 39February 9, 2024 7:55 PM

If you read the script of Biden’s presidency, you would think it was very successful. But most Americans neither read nor think. They judge, react emotionally, and crave validation from their representatives.

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2024 7:55 PM

R13, he’s running. He’s winning primaries. It’s too late.

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2024 7:57 PM

R40 continues to try gaslighting voters.

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2024 7:58 PM

Joe can continue to run but there’s no way he’s being re-elected. This was the final nail in his presidency.

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2024 7:58 PM

R41 It's never too late.

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2024 7:59 PM

Remember when the Senate Minority Leader visibly rebooted on live camera and everybody just moved on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2024 8:01 PM

[quote]Joe can continue to run but there’s no way he’s being re-elected. This was the final nail in his presidency.

Oh brother...

by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2024 8:11 PM

Who’s propping these two up? Award show-watchers? People who write checks at the grocery store?

by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2024 8:33 PM

I can't remember the last time I saw somebody write a check at a grocery store, r47. Get a new go-to.

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2024 8:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2024 8:38 PM

I guess if we have one shitty candidate, the other has to stay even if he’s a fossil.

by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2024 8:39 PM

[quote]Should Biden continue to run?

I am about to turn 70. I suggest a brisk walk.

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2024 8:41 PM

R43, In company with what other "nails"? The economy booming so much that FOX had to acknowledge it? The cancellations of millions in student debt? Helping Ukraine fend off the hegemonic goal of Putin?

Oh, you might mean "the border." Do you think the Biden re-election committee will ignore the Republican rejection of the latest Administration plan? Do you think Abbott and Texas will get away unscathed for defying not only the Feds but also the SCOTUS?

Trump will continue to make his own gaffes and lunatic claims. Team Biden has heretofore "gone high" regarding them. Mr. Hur has put paid to that Marquess of Queensbury approach.

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2024 8:42 PM

R50, see r49.

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2024 8:52 PM

It's not working, trolls. Welcome to DL.

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2024 8:58 PM

And might I, r52, add the Infrastructure Bill that Nay-votes are trying to take credit for back home? The reduction in insulin costs? The Inflation Reduction Act, especially regarding Medicare?

THOSE "nails," r43? THAT "fossil," r50? THAT "prop[ped]...up" guy, r47?

FYATHYRIO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2024 8:59 PM

No

He's senile

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2024 8:59 PM

Look who's talking about mental sharpness, Trumptard at R56.

by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2024 9:02 PM

How did you get *so* desperate for attention, r56? It's rather sad.

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2024 9:02 PM

Chris christie was on The View and said something that seems to be very true after Joy cited all of the accomplishments of the Biden Administration. He said the accomplishments are good, but Biden can't communicate them; he used to be able to, but not now. He said Obama was able to communicate the message. Of course, the gaggle of harridans immediately pounced on him, but he's correct. Biden is unable to forcefully articulate why he deserves another term.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2024 9:46 PM

You know why r59? Because everyone is so effing consumed with the Repuke race and Dump. Dump dominates everything. The great economic news was of interest for about 5 minutes, then it was back to Dump, Dump’s legal fights, his personal stuff, his smells, everything is Dump 24/7. I think the Biden administration can’t get a word in edgewise. Of course, they could be letting Dump take all of the attention, expecting Dump to hang himself, which he continues to do every time he opens his mouth. I think it’s a combination of both.

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2024 9:54 PM

R1 You left out Trump suggesting that covid could be cured in only a minute by people injecting disinfectant into their bodies. Household cleaners are cheaper than hospital stays.

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2024 10:10 PM

Unfucking believable, Trump gets indicted for 91 felonies and his support increases, his fundraising skyrockets.

Joe Biden gets exonerated and his supporters want to abandon him. Democrats are their own worst enemies.

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2024 10:15 PM

And why shouldn't he? He is an accomplished, president who deserves a Second term. This is a cunty thread as he WILL be the Democrats' nominee. He has earned the trust of the American people.

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2024 10:19 PM

If that's a legit question (it isn't), then I would counter "should Crooked & Treasonous Donnie run?"

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2024 10:22 PM

[quote] You left out Trump suggesting that covid could be cured in only a minute by people injecting disinfectant into their bodies.

That’s not what he said.

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2024 10:25 PM

At this juncture, Biden is the only person who can plausibly beat Trump. If Biden is replaced somehow for the nomination, Trump will become president again. This is just where we are. There aren’t any escape hatches. There is no secret third way forward. In H2H against Trump, Kamala would lose, Gavin would lose, Michelle Obama if nominated would not accept.

by Anonymousreply 66February 9, 2024 10:35 PM

R66 says it all. 👍 👏 😎 🤞 🙏

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2024 11:16 PM

[quote] Because everyone is so effing consumed with the Repuke race and Dump. Dump dominates everything. The great economic news was of interest for about 5 minutes, then it was back to Dump, Dump’s legal fights, his personal stuff, his smells, everything is Dump 24/7.

That was the same problem Hillary had in 2016 (well, one of her problems). No matter how hard she tried to talk about her plans, the media and the public were fixated on Trump. We may see a repeat of 2016 unless Biden can find a way to gain control of the narrative and the media can stop being so obsessed with Trump. Even the liberal media only want to talk about Trump and every new detail in his legal cases, and they rarely devote more than a minute or two to Biden's successes.

by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2024 11:25 PM

At this point I don’t think he will beat Trump. He might want to step down. Unless the PTB have decided that Trump is too unpredictable and steal the election, within ok with. Anyways the Freemason secret reptilian society have certain stipulations. They still haven’t changed to allow a female president.

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2024 11:29 PM

[quote]I know all about the marbles. I can tell you every beautiful marble. How they could have done it years ago without the tractors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2024 11:44 PM

Gawd, these fucking trolls. Democrats are nowhere near as stupid as you think we are, dumb MAGA trolls!

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2024 11:46 PM

Speaking of running, can either of those candidates run to the situation room?

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2024 11:59 PM

Why do you love the old fuck R33? He doesn't love you. These are career politicians disconnected from reality. The move in a deferent universe than the rest of us. Please refrain from using the word love with these people. They will sacrifice you and me in a heartbeat if it benefited them. Democrat or Republican it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 73February 10, 2024 12:39 AM

I love Joe Biden, r73. Love.

by Anonymousreply 74February 10, 2024 12:49 AM

Biden is one of us.

Trump was born in the Fred Trump bubble. He has never left. Trump is an American by birth location. He shares nothing with regular Americans.

by Anonymousreply 75February 10, 2024 2:19 AM

[quote]Biden is one of us.

A life-long politician worth over 10 million?

Yeah ol' lunch-box Joe is just one of us....

by Anonymousreply 76February 10, 2024 2:38 AM

How many logical fallacies are wrapped into your two sentence"rebuttal", r76.

Ke-rist if he has been in Congress for over 50 years and he is only worth 10+ Million, he certainly isn't a grifter.

He IS one of us.

by Anonymousreply 77February 10, 2024 2:41 AM

March 7 is extremely important to Biden. He could lose it all of this date, as it is the State of the Union. He must be polished and confident, exuding a presence that he rarely shows. If he stumbles or looks weak, his run will be extremely difficult. March 7th is so critical. He has to speak for the entire country and look like a person who really cares about those who are ready to abandon him.

by Anonymousreply 78February 10, 2024 2:45 AM

Just one of us...

"As recently as November 2009, Joe Biden's net worth was less than $30,000, according to CBS, but life post-vice presidency has been quite lucrative for President Obama's former number two. When Biden released his financial disclosures in July of 2019, they showed that he and his wife Jill had earned more than $15 million in 2017 and 2018."

by Anonymousreply 79February 10, 2024 2:47 AM

R79, he didn’t earn that money as a politician. He earned it after, probably from speaking fees. As recently as 2015, he didn’t have hardly any money. He was going to sell his house when his son Beau got sick, to pay for hospital bills. In many respects, that’s very much like the average person. He made good after he was VP, so give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 80February 10, 2024 2:51 AM

R80 10 million...yep...just one of us.

What an out of touch idiot you are.

by Anonymousreply 81February 10, 2024 2:53 AM

He won’t win Michigan. His polls are not looking good. I think he should step off. Unless of course you want Trump to win. Optics are everything in politics. He’s hard to watch. I’m at home trying to finish his sentences for him. I wish he would’ve kept his promise not to run. I wish he would’ve made room for a more vigorous candidate.

by Anonymousreply 82February 10, 2024 2:53 AM

Well, r81, he worked his ass off to make that money, after being the poorest senator for many years. Yes, one of us, unlike you, MAGAT.

by Anonymousreply 83February 10, 2024 2:56 AM

[quote]he worked his ass off to make that money

And now it's time to retire.

by Anonymousreply 84February 10, 2024 3:05 AM

He’s not going anywhere r84, so pucker up, buttercup.

by Anonymousreply 85February 10, 2024 3:08 AM

[quote]They will sacrifice you and me in a heartbeat if it benefited them. Democrat or Republican it doesn't matter.

Always enlightening to get the moron's point of view. There's no difference between Trump and Biden!

How did that genius grant work out for you?

by Anonymousreply 86February 10, 2024 9:28 AM

r81/r84 = standard troll issue

by Anonymousreply 87February 10, 2024 2:53 PM

What are you diehard Biden fans going to do if the orange menace wins the White House? Please tell me what you will do? I can handle another 4 years of the bs and drama. I just will completely check out of anything in the news. I will become a luddite to escape from the nightmare. Everything will return to people screaming "impeach him". Which doesn't even phase him. How did we get this fiucked again.

by Anonymousreply 88February 10, 2024 3:09 PM

Can't handle. I cannot do it.

by Anonymousreply 89February 10, 2024 3:10 PM

There'll be some of this for a while, R88. Then they'll go back to fantasising over Paul Mescal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 10, 2024 3:14 PM

Awwww, poor little r88/r89

by Anonymousreply 91February 10, 2024 3:19 PM

[quote]He’s not going anywhere [R84], so pucker up, buttercup.

Here are the headlines of news articles and opinion pieces on the front page of today's NYTimes Feb 10th:

"How Old Is Too Old to Be President? An Uncomfortable Question Arises Again."

"Inside Biden’s Protective White House"

"The Challenges of an Aging President"

"Mr. President, Ditch the Stealth About Health"

"The Question Is Not If Biden Should Step Aside. It’s How."

"Democrats Can No Longer Stay Silent About Biden"

This is the NYTimes, not Fox News.

You have to blind if you can't see where this is going.

Biden will be out by the summer.

by Anonymousreply 92February 10, 2024 3:31 PM

Do you ever *not* troll, r92?

by Anonymousreply 93February 10, 2024 3:53 PM

R93 Explain to us how posting the headlines from the NYTimes is trolling?

Do you see how ridiculous you sound?

by Anonymousreply 94February 10, 2024 3:55 PM

It would have been prudent if he had chosen a likeable, competent, vice-president who would become more and more visible during his tenure so that the VP would be a logical follow-up for this year's election.

by Anonymousreply 95February 10, 2024 3:58 PM

You troll in all of your posts, r94.

by Anonymousreply 96February 10, 2024 4:01 PM

R96 Let me ask you again: Explain to us how posting the headlines from the NYTimes is trolling.

by Anonymousreply 97February 10, 2024 4:06 PM

I’m not r97, but the NYT itself is a troll. They’re infamous for looking at the negative side of everything Democratic. Have you never even heard of the NYT Pitch Bot?

by Anonymousreply 98February 10, 2024 4:49 PM

r82, Michigan, needs to go to school for Civics on what a representative Republic is.

I think Whitmer will be doing a lot of education for Arabs about what it really means to stay home or vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 99February 10, 2024 4:52 PM

R98 If the NYTimes is indeed infamous for looking at the negative side of everything Democratic, then let's talk about THAT.

The NYTimes is generally perceived as leaning left... and it is the most viewed website for news in the US.

It is entirely appropriate to post material from their website.

If not, then please list the news sources that you approve of.

List them.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 100February 10, 2024 4:58 PM

I hate to disappoint you folks, but being worth $10M is decidedly middle-class nowadays, and has been for at least 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 101February 10, 2024 5:13 PM

The NO lady at trump-inaug. was great,whatever happened to her?,I’m sorry I love Biden.democ,all that but to see him live and anxiously praying he won’t gaff/goof is too much,I’ll vote but DEMOCRATIC OFFICIALS SAY DEMS ARE NOTORIOUSLY LAZY.

by Anonymousreply 102February 10, 2024 5:23 PM

That kind of closed mindedness is so frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 103February 10, 2024 7:19 PM

The NY Times does not lean left.

by Anonymousreply 104February 10, 2024 7:27 PM

He should continue to run, because we have no other option- however, he is going to lose unless Trump is somehow stopped through criminal charges.

This is as clear as day to me.

by Anonymousreply 105February 10, 2024 8:15 PM

So who could take Joe’s place and have a good chance of winning? I’m a blue dog democrat so I’ll vote for whoever but I want someone who can beat the swamp creature.

by Anonymousreply 106February 10, 2024 8:54 PM

There is NO ONE.

Why has Eric Swalwell (who makes me swell quite well) NOT RUNNING?

He has the alpha male energy that many men would love and this guy would KILL IT as our president .

We are utterly fucked with Biden. (GOOD MAN- but he will not win this time)

It kills me that folks here cannot see the forest for the trees.

I am not Russian. I am a 44 year old gay male in New England.

by Anonymousreply 107February 10, 2024 9:02 PM

R107, so true. Why didn't Dems push Nancy off the plank? Why did they wait for DiFi to keel over?

For Dems it is all respect, knowledge and wisdom.

Joe has them in spades.

by Anonymousreply 108February 10, 2024 9:46 PM

[quote]I am not Russian. I am a 44 year old gay male in New England.

Unfortunately, in 2024 the two are not mutually exclusive.

by Anonymousreply 109February 10, 2024 9:53 PM

Fuck off- Just trolldar me. I make bad jokes, liked Knots landing in reruns as a fat gay boy. in 1991, love the name Roy Suckaboo, loved the film The Nest, and make jokes about my lady potato. I don't even know what a lady potato is, but it sounds gross and makes me laugh.

Biden is going to lose. And I cannot even picture this country with Trump as president again. i am horrified.

by Anonymousreply 110February 10, 2024 9:57 PM

And!!!!! I started the Eric Swalwell "I'm gonna nut!!!!! " thread as well a specific cunt bone kicker thread circa 2009 when I was unemployed and depressed.

That one was iffy, and many hated it, and I apologize to Stevie.

Not from Russia. But cannot deny what is so fucking clear.

And Biden and our country are FUCKED.

by Anonymousreply 111February 10, 2024 10:00 PM

Roy, I suggest a medically induced coma. Wake up to Trump, wake up to Biden but wake up refreshed.

by Anonymousreply 112February 10, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote]Fuck off- Just trolldar me. I make bad jokes, liked Knots landing in reruns as a fat gay boy. in 1991, love the name Roy Suckaboo, loved the film The Nest, and make jokes about my lady potato. I don't even know what a lady potato is, but it sounds gross and makes me laugh. Biden is going to lose. And I cannot even picture this country with Trump as president again. i am horrified.

Oh please, R110 That's the tactic the Russians use. They like Knots Landing, they love "The Nest"...we've heard it all before. You're a Russian troll.

You're not fooling R109!

by Anonymousreply 113February 10, 2024 10:04 PM

I am fresh and ready to set this off baby!

by Anonymousreply 114February 10, 2024 10:04 PM

R113- You made me laugh.

Yes. I am in Russia. I am a troll.

My name is NOT Svetlana.

However I did love Dolph Lungren in Rocky 3 (was it 4??)

by Anonymousreply 115February 10, 2024 10:06 PM

r107...iss potato

by Anonymousreply 116February 10, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote]Why has Eric Swalwell (who makes me swell quite well) NOT RUNNING?

Because he's *not*.

Be here now.

by Anonymousreply 117February 10, 2024 10:18 PM

R117- Freaking me out because Oasis is my favorite band.

by Anonymousreply 118February 10, 2024 10:29 PM

[quote] The first presidential election in which Joe Biden was eligible to vote featured Lyndon Johnson beating Barry Goldwater. History remembers LBJ’s presidency as chaotic because of his tragic adventuring in Vietnam, but in other respects it was remarkable. His Great Society echoed Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal (FDR was Biden’s childhood president). Under Johnson, the federal government took ambitious steps to advance civil rights, to rein in poverty, attack disease, beautify human landscapes and conserve wild ones, and to further science — these were the Apollo space program years. Not every project worked, but lots have lasted: Medicare, Medicaid and food stamps, for instance.

[quote] So Biden was socialized in an era when government took on big causes, and you can see it reflected in his first-term commitment to rebuilding infrastructure on a grand scale, boosting a new sustainable energy economy with billions of dollars for solar panels and battery factories, dramatically increasing the number of people with healthcare, and standing up for gun control, voting rights and reproductive rights.

[...]

[quote] Age matters. My cohort agrees. Why did Biden believe he could do what he did in his first term? Because he’d seen it done. Let’s hope the politicians of the future are watching his successes closely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 10, 2024 10:33 PM

R117 is trying so hard to make "be here now" happen.

Here are three words for you:

"Give it up"

by Anonymousreply 120February 10, 2024 10:41 PM

r120, look up "fat chance". It's as succinct a message as I know. Go ahead and stick with your *Whyyyys* and *They SHOULD haves* and such. It's going to be Biden vs Trump. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 121February 10, 2024 10:55 PM

There are two separate questions. First, is Biden too old to be an effective president? The answer is a resounding no because he has accomplished a lot despite MAGAts' attempts to destroy his presidency.

Second, is Biden too old to be an effective communicator and campaigner during a grueling campaign where the fate of democracy hangs in the balance? Unfortunately, politics these days is more about performing than about governing. Biden used to be a great performer. Trump may be nearly as old as Biden and far more incoherent, but he has a certain manic energy that seems to propel him forward. If Biden can't match Trump's energy level and rekindle some of that old Joe magic, we're in trouble. I hope Joe still has it in him, but honestly I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 122February 10, 2024 11:19 PM

R122- Your 2nd question has the answer.

It is not good.

by Anonymousreply 123February 10, 2024 11:25 PM

Biden is surging, as indicated by the many breathless Boris posts proclaiming his imminent demise.

by Anonymousreply 124February 10, 2024 11:26 PM

This Boris Russian shit is so tired. What planet do you live on?

by Anonymousreply 125February 10, 2024 11:30 PM

[quote]This Boris Russian shit is so tired.

So is "We're so FUCKED".

by Anonymousreply 126February 10, 2024 11:39 PM

Biden ain’t surging. The D Party better get their heads out of their asses and wake up

by Anonymousreply 127February 10, 2024 11:52 PM

[quote]The D Party better get their heads out of their asses and wake up

Send them a strongly worded letter, r127.

by Anonymousreply 128February 10, 2024 11:58 PM

I send them letters all the time! Feinstein always replied twice!

by Anonymousreply 129February 11, 2024 12:42 AM

Word them stronger, r129.

by Anonymousreply 130February 11, 2024 12:44 AM

God. This OP is one of the "I'm so reasonable as a careful troll" posters who make up half of the posts on every thread they plop out.

by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2024 12:48 AM

So you're Greg?

by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2024 2:37 AM

I wish I had Greg's money and lived in the back bay.

I almost hate him. But not completely.

(And I lived in the back bay on Beacon St from 2007-2009)

He is a very lucky person

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2024 2:43 AM

[quote] Why has Eric Swalwell (who makes me swell quite well) NOT RIMMING?

Very good question.

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2024 4:23 AM

Being thrown under the bus by Carville and Hillary ...

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2024 1:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2024 9:14 PM

Oh look, another Biden is an old grampa thread.

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems.

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan.

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health.

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above)

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan.

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act.

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits.

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket.

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement.

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland.

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden.

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions.

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue.

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history.

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan.

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins.

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation.

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027.

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze

by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2024 9:19 PM

R137, What are... the answers to obscure trivia questions?

by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2024 9:33 PM

Wow, they are trivial to people who would not mind losing our Democracy.

by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2024 9:36 PM

R138 is a typical ignorant MAGAt, a moron who is proud of being a Know-Nothing, as knowledge is for those "Harvard boutique" [tm GHWB] East and Left Coast "elites."

What is it you think Republicans have in mind to forward the progress of the United States, her people, and democracy---

Aside from absolutely nothing?

They did not even have a Party Platform statement in November 2020, that's how much Republicans are totally indifferent to our citizenry, to you---

other than to spend their waking moments thinking of how to end Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid;

how to reduce or even eliminate taxes on the 1%;

how to get away with taking bribes from Putin, MBS, and others;

how to further restrict the healthcare of girls and women;

how to gerrymander Blacks out of any meaningful votes;

how to further restrict voting procedures;

Etc. Totally bereft of any ideas or even inclinations to govern with the common welfare in mind.

Republicans view the United States as a corporation, and they are beholden only to the Investor Class.

If the Sermon on the Mount could be "monetized," no American would go hungry or homeless.

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2024 10:42 PM

Bad trolls! No beet for you today!

by Anonymousreply 141February 12, 2024 3:01 PM

Никакой свеклы вам сегодня!

by Anonymousreply 142February 12, 2024 5:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!