Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gen Z is the ageist generation

They're not just nasty against Boomers but Gen X and Millennials, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 10, 2024 4:57 AM

Who cares about these little shits??

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 7:20 AM

Generation BRAT

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 7:32 AM

They are irrelevant and they are not going to be in charge of anything.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 7:37 AM

Ok, Zoomer šŸ™„

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 7:57 AM

They have stinky feet and butts

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 7:59 AM

^ Zoomers lack proper hygiene, because it's icky

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 8:05 AM

They are supposed to scare the shit out of us, but we have stunted their growth a ton of ā€œonce in a lifetime eventsā€.

I hope they get very angry. And perhaps give up on sad hair dye. Itā€™s come and gone.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 8:07 AM

We hate you because you old gits took EVERYTHING!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 8:08 AM

Gen Alpha doesn't like them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 8:15 AM

They are going to be a passed over generation with little to no power. The sooner that they realize this the better life will be for them!

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 8:35 AM

The oldest Gen Z are 27 and already over the hill, hate on that.

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 8:43 AM

The power is going directly from Millennials over to Alpha.

Letting them feel that they have power is just cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 8:46 AM

When you have nothing going for you, you tend to lash out indiscriminately.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2024 8:46 AM

Why are they called Zoomers?

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2024 9:22 AM

^ I don't know, why do you think? šŸ¤”

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2024 9:27 AM

They are SO going to get passed over!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2024 9:34 AM

I don't get it. Does Gen Z even interact with Baby Boomers that much?

Boomers aren't their parents. They likely weren't even their teachers or coaches. Where is this anger coming from?

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2024 9:50 AM

^ Grandma was a cunt šŸ˜ 

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2024 9:53 AM

Gen Z is full of crap. They don't even interact with Boomers the way Gen X or Millennials did.

by Anonymousreply 19February 9, 2024 9:57 AM

What Would Greta Thunberg Do?

by Anonymousreply 20February 9, 2024 10:08 AM

Theyā€™re calling us out on social media?! Who the fuck cares?

Keep screaming into that void. No oneā€™s listening, least of all Boomers or Gen X. .

by Anonymousreply 21February 9, 2024 10:11 AM

They're in for a rude awakening if they decide to go against Gen X OR Millennials.

by Anonymousreply 22February 9, 2024 10:25 AM

Gen Z is a mess. Thank god I donā€™t give a shit about them. Poor things.

by Anonymousreply 23February 9, 2024 12:56 PM

DL rages against Gen Z and millennials and then has the nerve to complain about ageism

by Anonymousreply 24February 9, 2024 1:03 PM

Whining, whinging and complaining -- and these are relatively great times economically, jobs-wise, no war, etc -- but just wait till things go south. There won't be pot strong enough for them to numb the personal indignities and hardships.

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2024 1:12 PM

Gen Z doesn't seem to have discovered who they are yet. Perhaps in the fullness of time, they will figure it out. Hardships build character. But, if youth is all they have on their side then they are going to end up in serious trouble.

by Anonymousreply 26February 9, 2024 1:25 PM

Who the hell are these people? Are they the ones too busy complaining to contribute anything of value? I'm cool with everybody until they come up in my shit.

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2024 1:33 PM

[quote]Boomers aren't their parents. They likely weren't even their teachers or coaches. Where is this anger coming from?

The only place they know ...social media.

by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2024 1:52 PM

Gen Z is pathetic. A bunch of ret@rds.

by Anonymousreply 29February 9, 2024 3:11 PM

Yes, they are the only ageist generation ever!!

by Anonymousreply 30February 9, 2024 3:15 PM

I wouldn't know the difference between an "X" a "Y" a "Z" or a millennium and I'm ok with that šŸ™‚

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2024 3:22 PM

There is still hope for Gen Z, with the vast majority under the age of 24. Until that age, your brain still has plasticity and is adaptable. Most people's wisdom teeth erupt around age 24, and your personality is pretty much set for life from that point on.

For better or worse. If you are a shitty person at that age you likely will be after too. You can still change but it takes a lot more effort.

That's why shielding kids too much from life is a big fucking mistake. As painful as it can be, exploring life and going off the rails earlier while you are more resilient can make you wise up a lot earlier.

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2024 3:33 PM

I have more trouble with the entitled Boomers, I live with one, they think they did it best, even through they screwed everything up.

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2024 5:08 PM

^ No we didn't. Wait until you're our age to see what screwed up really looks like. You'll win every screwed up prize there is and your kids and grand kids will hate your guts

Happy future, jerk

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2024 5:31 PM

R33 Here's the sad truth: we both did it best and we screwed it up. Contraries are sometimes both true.

As a classic beatnik Boomer (I eschew the hippies only because I like beatnik clothes and coffee better), I am so fucking sorry we destroyed the earth. We also had an intense life. Regrets for the earth, gratitude for our living on it.

by Anonymousreply 35February 9, 2024 6:15 PM

As a technical boomer, born in the last year 1964, I don't pay much attention to the gen z or millenial stuff. I judge people by their character though I could use a bit less of neon hair, piercings and tattoos mainly because it looks tacky but that's my opinion. Other than that they can "boomer" away. Makes no difference to me.

by Anonymousreply 36February 9, 2024 6:25 PM

^ The industrial revolution screwed the earth, I don't know about you, but I had nothing to do with it

by Anonymousreply 37February 9, 2024 6:40 PM

Gen Z ageist?

How do they feel about Biden?

by Anonymousreply 38February 9, 2024 6:40 PM

Isnā€™t this just young people acting like young people? I canā€™t imagine anyone would take this personally

by Anonymousreply 39February 9, 2024 7:11 PM

What is the difference in attitude and outlook between Gen Z and Gen A? Anyone care to break it down for squares like myself?

by Anonymousreply 40February 9, 2024 7:16 PM

Okay, groomer!

by Anonymousreply 41February 9, 2024 8:08 PM

I have some sympathy for Gen Z. I'm a Gen Xer and when I turned 18 I was able to afford a (crappy) apartment with my low-wage job and still have enough money for beer and affordable concerts. They can't do that.

My great hope for them is that as the first generation of adults who grew up with regular school shootings, safety drills, etc. is that they'll be able to relax the gun industry's chokehold on America. That's why I'm so fond of Rep. Justin Jones.

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2024 8:14 PM

Grandmas and grandpasā€¦.write them out of your wills. Leave them nothing but a greeting card in an envelope. One of those curlicue Sympathy cards ā€¦ā€You little bitches couldnā€™t wait for us to die. So sorry we did and left all our dough to the home for wayward puppies.ā€

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote] have some sympathy for Gen Z. I'm a Gen Xer and when I turned 18 I was able to afford a (crappy) apartment with my low-wage job and still have enough money for beer and affordable concerts

Male or female? Iā€™m female and have never been able to afford my own place, let alone with beer and concerts, too. We never got paid what the boys got paid.

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2024 8:21 PM

All this ā€œI hate this generationā€ crap is active measures. Social media is full of generational garbage designed to divide people. Donā€™t fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2024 8:23 PM

Ian McKellen tells a story about Gen-Z.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2024 8:44 PM

"All this ā€œI hate this generationā€ crap is active measures. Social media is full of generational garbage designed to divide people. Donā€™t fall for it."

What would be the point of dividing people? And all social media?

by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2024 8:46 PM

The feeling is quite mutual.

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2024 8:48 PM

[quote] What would be the point of dividing people

Certainly nobody would want to divide people!!! Who would do such a thing???

by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2024 8:57 PM

[quote]What would be the point of dividing people?

Is this a serious question? Silent Generation, Boomer, Gen-X, Millennial, and Zoomer millionaires and billionaires have the exact same bottom line. Everyone else are crabs in a bucketā€”age, race, religion, and gender/sexuality just serve as useful scapegoats.

by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2024 9:47 PM

Scapegoats for what?!?!

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2024 10:20 PM

Gen Z sees Baby Boomers retired or nearing retirement, and their anger comes from the realization that they will have to work for at least another 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2024 10:22 PM

They lack humor, irony, and any semblance of hard work.

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2024 10:24 PM

@r52, Just like the Boomers did and their parents before them. That's the way the world works

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2024 10:25 PM

[quote]Scapegoats for what?!?!

For disappointing post-pandemic awards show ratings, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2024 10:27 PM

Hey r23 Jerk Off Face, I'm the oldest GenX there is, so fuck you, I know who screwed everything up.

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2024 10:30 PM

Poor Gen-Z lass in tears when she realizes that has to give up her dream of being an influencer and now has to find a job in the real-world.

ā€œThis sucks. I just want to be a TikToker.ā€

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2024 10:47 PM

"ā€˜Itā€™s embarrassing ā€¦ Iā€™m literally applying for minimum-wage jobsā€™: Woman who speaks 3 languages, has 2 degrees has to walk into places with physical resume to check for job openings"

Literally! And those three languages all spoken in upspeak and/or vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2024 10:49 PM

Degrees in 'communication and acting'. That's her problem.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2024 10:51 PM

Why would someone who has two degrees aspire to be an influencer?

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2024 10:55 PM

R52 to be fair, so will Gen X

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]ā€œIā€™m over here crying and then I heard the birds chirping and then I thought, at least Iā€™m crying in Brooklyn,ā€ she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2024 11:01 PM

Gen Z are the pits. Puritanical, narcissistic, joyless. As a very late Gen X/early millennial, Iā€™d far rather interact with Boomers, who I actually tend to like.

by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2024 11:04 PM

^ Ok, your back in the will

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2024 11:22 PM

^ *you're*

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2024 11:22 PM

R63 Same. As a millenial (born in '88), I looked towards the beats and freaks of the 50's, 60's, and 70's as my outsider inspiration. The music and films and art they made, the literature and poetry they wrote, the civil rights they achieved for women, blacks, and gaysā€”all of it was light years more exciting to me than what I saw coming from my own generation. Most of the my peers who also considered themselves outsiders similarly looked to midcentury America for their inspiration, both artistically and politically. We were enthralled with hippie culture in the late 90's through the early 2000'sā€”rockabilly and mods too. We loved classic rock, folk, and disco. We actually thought our parents were cool when they were young. Gen-X'ers to us were like our cooler, hotter older siblings' friends that introduced us to punk and environmentalism and slackers and skaters and post-everything.

I just don't see the same interest in the contributions of older generations when it comes to Gen Z'ers. They are either totally oblivious to them or genuinely believe they were the first to invent everything and every idea. There's no curiosity or fascination with history or antiquity outside of shitting on it.

by Anonymousreply 66February 10, 2024 12:04 AM

For anyone that casually entertains astrology:

"Pluto spends between 14 - 30 years transiting each of the 12 astrological houses. Due to this slow transit, entire generations are defined by this planet's position when they were born. Leading to established generational characteristics and traits. Today, we label them differently as Baby Boomers, Gen X, Gen Y, Gen Z, and Gen Alpha. There is some overlap between generational characteristics (Gen Y behaving like Gen X) to be considered as the planet moves forward and backward between houses, also known as a retrograde, before it moves directly into a single house for an extended period of time.

A reminder that Pluto is a planet that amplifies the personality traits of the sign that it is in. Pluto unearths the deep-seated qualities that lie within us and brings them to the forefront. This can be expressed as an ability to transform oneself or destroy it through negative actions. Here is a brief summary of the generational characteristics of each Pluto transit from 1937 (Pluto in Leo) to 2022 (Pluto in Capricorn).

Pluto in Leo (Born between 1939 - 1957)

The Pluto in Leo generation is defined by their desire to always be in charge. This generation came of age post WW2 as institutions around them were transforming and a new global order was being established. Leo can be a very self-centered sign and the presence of Pluto takes this to an extreme. It's no surprise that many of our established systems were born during this time, and we are now in a battle to evolve them, with much resistance coming from this generation who feels somewhat still entitled to dictate the extent of these changes. They do make great leaders and find it challenging to cede power when they are called to do so.

Pluto in Virgo (Born between 1957 - 1972)

The Pluto in Virgo generation is obsessed with the details. This quintessential Virgo characteristic is amplified by Pluto's presence. They thrive in technical work that requires focus and the opportunity to attain perfection. It's no surprise that the foundations of our modern technological society were born as a result of this generation, think the invention of the internet and the systems that power most tech devices. The striving for perfection can come at a cost of stress when they encounter a world that is far messier than what this generation can handle. They will attempt to "fix it" but such attempts are futile in a world that is equal parts chaos and control.

Pluto in Libra (Born between 1972 - 1984)

Pluto amplifies Libra's desire for attaining balance and harmony in the world and ridding it of injustice. This generation will operate through diplomacy and expand their understanding of all sides before initiating their plan. However, their desire for harmony might be thwarted in a world that is constantly in flux and fuelled by hidden motives and glossed-over problems. Nevertheless, they will persist in their attempts to find a "fair deal". This generation also has a penchant for art and beauty, you will find them supporting or playing a leading role within the creative industries, this reinforces their need to bring balance and even healing to a world they know is rife with pain.

by Anonymousreply 67February 10, 2024 1:01 AM

...continued from R67

Pluto in Scorpio (Born between 1984 - 1995)

Pluto rules the sign of Scorpio and so you will find this generation to be quite intense in amplifying Scorpio qualities especially as it relates to the search for truth. Scorpians are extremely adept at detecting bullshit and are not afraid of calling it out and making others uncomfortable (especially Pluto in Leo). They are here to "take the gloves off" so to speak that Pluto in Libra had on, and are ready to fight for tangible change to the world around them. Trust is an important quality for scorpions and they find it difficult to give it in a world that has many hidden secrets they can so keenly sense. And so they will be the catalyst to dig for and unearth those secrets and give them well-deserved sunlight.

Pluto in Sagittarius (Born between 1995 - 2008)

Pluto amplifies Sagittarius's need for freedom to explore places, people, and perspectives. This generation is seeking their own truth about the world and not conforming to established beliefs. They are fuelled even more so to this end by learning from the Pluto in Scorpio generation's revelations about the world that is. There is a very high possibility this generation will invent new social structures, religions, and ways of being that are a break from the restrictive nature of archaic ways of being. But first, they need to rack up the air miles and experiences that will inform their new vision.

Pluto in Capricorn (Born between 2008 - 2024)

Pluto will amplify this generation's desire for structure and restraint. Coming off the heels of new visions brought forward by Pluto in Sagittarius, the Pluto in Capricorn generation will make these visions more tangible and available to all through their prowess for organization and their determination to achieve their goals. A wonderful story emerges between the last 3 generations, Pluto in Scorpio exposes and brings down the current systems, Pluto in Sagittarius will reimagine new systems, and Pluto in Capricorn will execute and establish."

by Anonymousreply 68February 10, 2024 1:02 AM

"For anyone that casually entertains astrology"

That screed cannot be enjoyed casually ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 69February 10, 2024 1:20 AM

I tell them to catch the 1970 Woodstock film documentary to get a look at all the post-1947-born hippie generation kids of whom many are those same now-aged Boomers they enjoy ā€œOkā€ing these days. Someday, the latter will of course become their same own version of the former. (ā€œZippiesā€! lol)

by Anonymousreply 70February 10, 2024 1:23 AM

Who the hell is Gen Z and who are the Millenniaks?

Calling them ā€œGen Zā€ is stupid anyway as Gen X didnā€™t mean it was an alphabetical order name. The X meant other things.

by Anonymousreply 71February 10, 2024 1:56 AM

The media came up with all these fake names and constructs. The baby boom was a phenomenon that was so named because...oh, forget it.

by Anonymousreply 72February 10, 2024 4:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!