Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

POLL: Name Your Favorite Loony or Moody Actress, and Tell Us Why She’s Batshit

I’m partial to Debra Winger, whose on-set antics ruined her career faster than her aging loins, yet she still had the frosty gall to claim she left the business voluntarily. It takes a warped imagination to twist the facts that artfully.

by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 7:57 AM

At the height of her loonyness, Margo was found naked hiding in some strangers backyard with 2 teeth missing after going off her meds. I guess flying without a plane can do that to you.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 4:39 AM

Other: Anne Heche

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 4:56 AM

I have to go with Ashley Judd, who seems to come from a long line of loonies. I love the story about Ashley running into Swoozie Kurtz at a party, and introducing herself and telling Swoozie how much she loved her work. And Swoozie was all, "We've met before; in fact, I played your mother on a TV series [Sisters] for three years."

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 6:59 AM

Margot...but not because she was a "looney."

I got to know her and she was a very kind, wickedly funny and intellectual woman who was genuinely ill but managed to pull herself off the ledge for awhile.

I was really sad when she passed away.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 7:21 AM

Sean just flies her loon flag proudly and she's been a it for a long time so she's my #1. The Catwoman "audition" on the Tonight Show, getting involved with fellow loon James Woods, getting sued by and prevailing over Woods, breaking and entering, theft. I'm sure there's more. And she probably fucked Kevin Costner in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 10:32 AM

OP? This thread is offensive.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 12:52 PM

Divine - seemed to have been bipolar, or similar. But when he had it together he was something on film!

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 1:07 PM

Shirley MacLaine, out on a limb, dancing in the light.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 1:34 PM

I forgot to add Lupe Velez. But her story was more sad than crazy.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2024 7:41 PM

Faye Dunaway

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2024 7:45 PM

Carrie Fisher is my favorite because she seems like the most fun, and she was a genuinely good writer.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2024 8:15 PM

Frances Farmer, because she will have revenge on Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2024 9:06 PM

R3, I agree Ashley is cuckoo, but in an annoying way. I find Sean Young's brand of nonsense far more endearing.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 9:11 PM

R13, I have not given you the speaking stone. Hush.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 10:56 PM

While watching Ordinary People, I was reminded that Debra Winger was briefly married to Timothy Hutton.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 11:23 PM

Debra because of her talent as an actress. But she sounds like she is difficult to work with. But she played Wonder Woman’s kid sister!

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 11:36 PM

R16, she trashed Lynda Carter who was dumbfounded by what she said. Debra is a mentally ill irrelevant no-talent cunt.

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 11:37 PM

Caitlyn Jenner

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 11:39 PM

DAPHNE ZUNIGA

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 11:42 PM

R17 true. Wonder Woman wasn’t high art, but you know, just show up and do what they ask you to do. It wasn’t Lynda’s fault that the show was fluff. She called her a mannequin.

But at least Lynda didn’t have this stupid hairstyle…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 11:47 PM

I loved Anne Heche in Donnie Brasco and Gracie's Choice.

I also loved when she went to a farmhouse in Fresno, knocked on the door, and insisted on washing the feet of the lady of the house. When the cops showed up, she told them she was God and was going to take everyone to heaven in her spaceship.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2024 12:57 AM

Anne He he... who was full-on crazy right up until the dramatic blaze of glory in which she took herself out.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2024 1:03 AM

r5 James Woods is so loony that he is likely to win a best picture academy award in his role as producer of Oppenheimer.

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 1:07 AM

That poor thing who was tortured by Kubrick during the filming of The Shining whose name will not come to me.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 1:27 AM

My favorite moody actress is Miss Jessica Lange, who once described herself as "recalcitrant, solitary, and moody." But I don't think she's ever done anything "batshit."

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2024 1:32 AM

I'll add Winona "yeah I stole some shit" Ryder.

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 1:34 AM

R24 Shelley Duvall

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2024 6:48 AM

Juliette Lewis is pretty odd. As is Daryl Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2024 6:57 AM

I am a Margot Kidder diehard. As a weird kid who was obsessed with horror movies, I was introduced to her through the numerous horror films she starred in which my parents allowed me to rent at the video store growing up. Love her in "Black Christmas", "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud", and "The Amityville Horror"; however, I think her best work is probably in "Sisters". Her performance in that film floors me, and it's still one of my favorite movies of all time.

The truth is she simply was a great actress and had so much personality. She suffered a lot for most of her life, but always seemed to have a spunky attitude. The details of her manic-depressive meltdown were widely publicized and I think most people know already. She was a kooky but truly interesting and whipsmart woman.

(Also, I'd add Susan Tyrrell to this list for sure—and Sally Kirkland).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 7:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!