Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can a cold cause a 104 fever, diarrhea, severe body pains, weakness, etc?

"Getting over" something I've been sick with for a week now. my husband had it first early last week but for just a couple days felt real bad but nothing crazy. however, when it hit me, I had a sudden 104 fever...followed by flu-like agonizing body pains, migraines, weak as hell, extreme congestion, violent coughing, etc. thats just now starting to calm down, however, my guts are another story. I have inflammatory bowel and history of recurrent cdiff 10 yrs ago and went into remission in early 2021 .... now for then first time since then, have explosive diarrhea and fever coming back. no way this is a cold. Anyone else going thru similar like a bad cold with crazy severe symptoms that turned out not to be covid??? husbands fine! we obv had same virus.

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2024 10:19 PM

How about a Covid test?

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 4:09 AM

Go see a doctor!

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 4:11 AM

No, a cold can't cause those things. Are you stupid?

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 4:21 AM

[quote]sudden 104 fever...followed by flu-like agonizing body pains, migraines, weak as hell,

These four are not symptomatic of a cold. Sounds like the flu. Or maybe COVID.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 4:22 AM

Is it a female thing? I always just recommend a strong vinegar douche.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 4:27 AM

Get checked for COVID.

I’m using my nebulizer right now. I’ve finished a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection and bronchitis. Next week it will be 4 weeks that I’ve been sick. Sore throat but no strep. Coughing up mucus. Congestion. Runny eyes. No fever. No COVID. No flu. What the fuck is this?

I bought some Sudafed today. Taking Tylenol or ibuprofen for my sore throat pain. I’m getting a wisdom tooth out tomorrow. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I’m getting depressed.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 4:38 AM

RSV?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 4:51 AM

Oh god, I have this. My throat is killing me from coughing, my chest is on fire, I’m dizzy. I took ibuprofen and Tylenol tablets. I got my Covid booster 4 days ago but my son came down with this disease first and he hasn’t had a booster since 2022. I’ve had my flu, RSV, shingles, 2 pneumovaxes (but not the new Prevnar 20. My pulmonologist told me to wait until my next visit in September). I’ve had all Covid shots/boosters.

I haven’t been sick like this in years, and I’m pushing 70. In the past I’d say “Fuck, time to stay in bed for a few days” but at my age I’m all Woody Allen: “I’m dying! I’m dying!”

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2024 5:29 PM

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2024 5:30 PM

Could be pneumonia. Go see a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2024 5:31 PM

This is very likely HIV, OP and r8. Get tested.

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2024 5:35 PM

[quote] Go see a doctor.

On Easter weekend. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2024 5:37 PM

abs and bad dick or ass.

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2024 5:40 PM

[quote] Go see a doctor.

[quote]On Easter weekend. Lol.

Urgent care centers are open

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2024 5:40 PM

That's what emergency rooms are for, R12.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2024 5:40 PM

Covid negative …as usual

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2024 5:46 PM

Rona

by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2024 5:48 PM

You need to go to your nearest urgent care OR ER.

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2024 5:48 PM

Sounds like Fibromyalgia.

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2024 5:51 PM

That's Covid. Swab your throat too to test.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2024 5:53 PM

Sounds like more than a cold, OP. I read an article this morning that said a virulent strain of Mono is spreading amongst people between the ages of 25- 40. I'm not trying to be a nervous Nellie, but go to the Dr.

by Anonymousreply 21March 30, 2024 5:55 PM

R21 OP posted almost 2 months ago.

by Anonymousreply 22March 30, 2024 6:07 PM

R22 for the last time?

by Anonymousreply 23March 30, 2024 6:13 PM

Stupid bitch

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2024 6:14 PM

Can eating a pint of ice cream, a full package of cookies and one giant frozen peperoni pizza every day cause me to be a

FAT WHORE?

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2024 6:16 PM

Is it also a heavy flow day?

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2024 6:24 PM

The whim whams

by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2024 6:27 PM

It's Covid, OP. My fever was so high my urine burned coming out of my penis.

by Anonymousreply 28March 30, 2024 6:43 PM

Go to Urgent care. It's either COVID or RSV. BTW, I take Hall's Mentholyptus Cough drops and they are wonderful for the cough and the sore throat. Mucinex to thin out mucus from congestion. This is the season for allergies and sinus infection. I take the generic version of Zyrtec at bedtime and it knocks me out. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 29March 30, 2024 6:59 PM

Go to Patient First immediately. They'll probably have a cream or something for it.

by Anonymousreply 30March 30, 2024 7:01 PM

Why are people still posting on this thread like it's happening in real time?

by Anonymousreply 31March 30, 2024 7:11 PM

Anyone who is running a fever or who has symptoms of a fever, like body aches, chills, etc. ought to go to urgent care ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 32March 30, 2024 7:12 PM

[quote] Why are people still posting on this thread like it's happening in real time?

R8 posted symptoms 2 hours ago

by Anonymousreply 33March 30, 2024 7:19 PM

how erudite.

by Anonymousreply 34March 30, 2024 7:30 PM

R33 Posters like R21 and R28 are replying to OP.

by Anonymousreply 35March 30, 2024 7:34 PM

Did you recently spend time with a new friend at Days Inn?

by Anonymousreply 36March 30, 2024 8:21 PM

THis threads' been quiet. Did all the sick people die?

by Anonymousreply 37March 31, 2024 3:36 AM

My throat is agonizingly painful. No white spots, just redness. Doesn't have a lot of swelling. That’s why then Win is so weird. I took 800mg Advil,1200 mg pseudoephedrine, 200 mg CBD, a10 mg THC gummy. Still killing me.

by Anonymousreply 38March 31, 2024 3:53 AM

R38, your doctor should have given you Prednisone along with an anti biotic. Prednisone addresses the inflammation. And yes, Halls Mentholyptus cough drops are very soothing. I have no idea what the rest of that stuff is, but too much advil will rip up your stomach lining.

by Anonymousreply 39March 31, 2024 11:28 AM

TOKYO, March 26 (Reuters) - Japanese health authorities have warned about a jump in potentially deadly strep throat infections, with cases running about three times higher than last year in Tokyo.

Across the country, infections of streptococcus bacteria of the throat are being diagnosed at quadruple the pace of the past five years, according to a health ministry report earlier this month.

Through March 10, Japan recorded 474 cases of the more serious streptococcal toxic shock syndrome (SSTS), which has a fatality rate of up to 30%. This syndrome happens when the infection spreads throughout the body, potentially causing organ failure.

The disease is not a respiratory illness like pneumonia or COVID-19, so it is unlikely to lead to a pandemic situation, said Hitoshi Honda, an infectious disease professor at Fujita Health University. "This is a droplet infection," Honda said. "Hand hygiene is extremely important for preventing invasive streptococcal infections." The surge in cases reportedly led the North Korean soccer team to abruptly cancel a World Cup qualifier match in Japan last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 31, 2024 6:08 PM

Long COVID or chronic Lyme disease, pick one and you win!

by Anonymousreply 41March 31, 2024 8:32 PM

OP, for what it’s worth, I got sick on March 16 with a severe sore throat, body aches, and exhaustion. Tested negative for Covid, flu and RSV. Then last weekend broke out in mild shingles. On antiviral and finally feeling better. I rarely get sick but have been overworking lately and it finally caught up to me.

by Anonymousreply 42March 31, 2024 9:26 PM

Shinglezh

by Anonymousreply 43March 31, 2024 9:46 PM

A fever of 104 is serious, consult your physician or if that's not possible, go to the ER.

by Anonymousreply 44March 31, 2024 10:15 PM

Could you be pregnant, OP?

by Anonymousreply 45March 31, 2024 11:07 PM

Sounds like rabies.

by Anonymousreply 46March 31, 2024 11:08 PM

My husband went to Dr today and tested positive for flu. W3 both got our flu shots in October.

by Anonymousreply 47April 1, 2024 4:39 PM

[quote]Can a cold cause a 104 fever, diarrhea, severe body pains, weakness, etc?

"Etc." has no place in a listing of symptoms (that have nothing to do with a cold).

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 48April 1, 2024 4:54 PM

I’m coughing up copious amounts of mucus. Like, COPD levels.

by Anonymousreply 49April 1, 2024 4:54 PM

OP and others on this thread: You're all going to die! But not today.

by Anonymousreply 50April 1, 2024 5:59 PM

Sorry to hear, H&H @ R42. Hope you feel better soon.

by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2024 6:21 PM

Could it be Norovirus?

It has been sweeping through the country since January.

[quote] Ready for Norovirus 2024? The stomach bug is on the rise again

Cases of norovirus, the highly contagious stomach bug which causes vomiting and diarrhea, are on the rise in the United States. As the country heads into spring, the nasty stomach virus continues to spread and sicken millions.

Respiratory virus season may be winding down, but the 2023–2024 norovirus season is still well underway. Nationally, norovirus is circulating at the highest levels since last April, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Outbreaks are spiking across the country, especially in the Northeast and West, and even hitting cruise ships.

Norovirus, spreads easily among people in enclosed settings and tends to peak in the cooler winter months. As millions of Americans travel for spring break and Easter, U.S. health officials are urging people to take steps to stop the spread.

Although norovirus is commonly called the “stomach flu,” it is not related to the flu, which is caused by influenza viruses.

Norovirus is a leading cause of acute gastroenteritis, or an inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines, per the CDC. This can result in intense bouts of vomiting, diarrhea, nausea and stomach cramps.

Symptoms usually begin 12 to 48 hours after exposure — these are often sudden and very unpleasant, but most people will recover on their own.

“This is the dreaded virus that leaves us in the bathroom for about a day or two, we’ve all been there,” NBC News medical contributor Dr. Tara Narula said on TODAY in a segment on Feb. 27.

Norovirus is highly contagious, and anyone can become infected. Every year in the U.S., it causes about 20 million cases of vomiting and diarrhea, 465,000 emergency room visits, 109,000 hospitalizations and 900 deaths, per the CDC.

Although norovirus can spread year-round, outbreaks are most common during the late fall, winter and early spring. As of late March, norovirus cases are still climbing in the U.S.

According to the latest data from laboratories across the country reporting to the CDC, the rate of norovirus tests coming back positive, averaged over three weeks, was over 13% as of Mar. 23 — up from about 9% in mid-January.

These are the most common symptoms of norovirus in children and adults, according to the experts:

Vomiting

Diarrhea

Nausea

Stomach cramps

Other possible symptoms include a headache, body aches and a low-grade fever, per the CDC.

The first signs of norovirus may include a sudden loss of appetite, stomach pain or generally feeling out of it, says Bisgrove.

These are typically followed by intense vomiting and watery diarrhea, though these may occur at the same time. "It's usually a very abrupt onset and unfortunately, there's quite a lot of it. ... Patients may have dozens of stools per day," says Hayes.

Norovirus symptoms usually last for 24 to 72 hours. "Due to all the vomiting and diarrhea you may also feel weakness, fatigue or lightheadedness," says Bisgrove.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2024 9:55 PM

This is the first time in all my years of getting the flu shot that I got the flu anyway. Since 1980.

by Anonymousreply 53April 1, 2024 11:11 PM

Has anyone else got the flu after getting a flu shot? Because this doesn’t seem like a “mild” case of the flu, like I’d expect father being vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 54April 2, 2024 10:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!