Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mo'Nique slams Tiffany Haddish, Oprah Winfrey and Kevin Hart in scathing podcast: 'You betrayed me'

Still on her shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 20, 2024 1:15 PM

Supporting winners are an odd bunch. I'm so ashamed of mine.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 2:24 AM

is she EVER going to get over this?

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 2:24 AM

All I ever hear this woman do is complain and whine.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 2:50 AM

What on earth is she trying to accomplish? Will no one close to her tell her to shut up?

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 2:52 AM

Yap yap yap. Shut up, bitch. Yes, I said BITCH because that’s all she ever does. Monique and that other one, Hoodraji Henson should go to coffee and BITCH at each other. Give the rest of the world a break already.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 2:57 AM

She sounds exhausting

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 3:00 AM

It's The Oscar curse. Look at Cher's movie career after she won.

Of course Mo'Nique has made it more difficult for herself by running her mouth and complaining, just like Taraji P. Henson.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 3:00 AM

[quote] She sounds exhausting

There’s only ONE exhausting and exhausted fattie around here!

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 3:16 AM

You can’t take away the fact she delivers one of the most deserving performances in Oscar history. Gurl is REAL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 3:17 AM

That's not the Oscar curse. She's just a chip with a shoulder on it

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 3:17 AM

Is it a great performance or did the director just put a photo of someone she hated in front of her and said "pretend this is Precious. Roll camera."

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 3:18 AM

R9 y ah I'm sure it was a stretch for her to portray a great big repulsive cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 4:48 AM

If she were white, she’d be Mel McCarthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2024 2:42 AM

Annoying. She doesn't have to get over it, but she could shut up about it.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 2:46 AM

In all these feuds, there's one common denominator.

It's like when a man's had seven divorces — honey, they can't ALL be bitches.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 2:57 AM

I was giving Tyler the titty, because the milk hadn’t dried up in my breastes. And I thought that that was for hygiene. l did what Oprah told me that I was supposed to do with my director, so that's what I did.

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2024 3:03 AM

More whining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2024 3:05 AM

She's a maladjusted twat whose gay husband blows too much smoke up her fat ass. Her victim complex seems to know no bounds.

by Anonymousreply 18February 10, 2024 3:09 AM

R9 But Precious is a terrible actress. Don’t know how she got nominated for that role.

by Anonymousreply 19February 10, 2024 3:20 AM

First of all, let me concur that she is absolutely tiresome with her bullshit and she’ll probably never have another bite at the prestige apple as a result.

Best Supporting Actress is my favorite Oscars category, as it is for many movie fags. Mo’nique is probably my favorite win of all time in the category. I vacillate some times, but she’s always among my top three favorites. That performance was so different than almost anything I’d seen before (apart from way off-Broadway type stuff). It was like they found some random woman who’s EBT card just got declined at the corner bodega and asked her to come talk to the camera like it was her parole officer.

by Anonymousreply 20February 10, 2024 3:38 AM

Grievous heifertiti.

by Anonymousreply 21February 10, 2024 3:47 AM

[quote]R17 “Mo’Nique Says ‘My Name Would Be Melissa McCarthy’ If ‘I Was a White Woman’: ‘Same Track Record,’ but ‘Opportunities Aren’t the Same’ in Hollywood”

What part of any of that is untrue?

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 7:35 AM

I don't blame her for hating Oprah, who seems to love exploiting family drama:

Mo'Nique also again went into her years-old feud with Oprah Winfrey, who in 2010 invited members of Mo'Nique's estranged family on her talk show. "You betrayed me, sister," Mo'Nique said of Winfrey, adding, "Family is sacred, and we don't cross the line with family."

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 9:23 AM

[quote] What part of any of that is untrue?

Melissa McCarthy doesn’t go around complaining about having to do publicity for her movies.

Melissa has been in some crap movies. She collects the paycheck, sucks it up and moves on.

Melissa also doesn’t have an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 12:18 PM

She's going to need to get down to the welfare like her character in Precious if she's doesn't shut her trap.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 12:23 PM

It is rare when someone with an apostrophe in their first name isn’t a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 12:37 PM

Seems she has more of a problem with black people than white people. Then, why should white people be the villains here?

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2024 3:09 PM

I wasn’t aware Mo’nique was a comedic actress. What has she done that’s funny?

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2024 5:30 PM

[quote] I wasn’t aware Mo’nique was a comedic actress. What has she done that’s funny?

She was on the sitcom The Parkers. Some thought that was funny.

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2024 5:39 PM

[quote] It is rare when someone with an apostrophe in their first name isn’t a pain in the ass.

KROIKA!

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2024 5:41 PM

Mo’nique doesn’t have nearly the proven comedic ability that Melissa has. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2024 5:58 PM

Estranged family members, ongoing strife with your colleagues. Maybe you are the problem, sis.

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2024 6:04 PM

Outta control BPD.

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2024 6:21 PM

She legitimately looks like a pig in the photo at OP

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2024 6:26 PM

Mo’nique’s Eldest Son, Shalon, Talks About Her Failings As His Mother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 16, 2024 8:21 PM

I loved me some Mo’nique back in the day, but this writhing and seething race baiting isn’t a good look. She needs to spend that Netflix settlement on better writers and a residency in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 36February 16, 2024 8:43 PM

I think we found the storyline for the next season of FEUD: "Mo'Nique vs Oprah, Tiffany Haddish, Kevin Hart and Melissa McCarthy"

Niecey Nash can play Mo'Nique Octavia Spencer can play Oprah Eddie Murphy can play Kevin Hart Amy Shumer can play Melissa McCarthy

by Anonymousreply 37February 16, 2024 9:29 PM

In her defense, Haddish, Hart and Oprah are all assholes

by Anonymousreply 38February 16, 2024 10:32 PM

I’ll go ahead and say it without trying to say it like a Klan Granny-

Much of her struggle has nothing to do with skin color, but more to do with her people’s handling, the hard nosed attitude, and negotiation prowess. Her husband really shouldn’t be representing her, and she needs to pay for better, unbiased representation that can guide and reign her in as needed. This is the way.

The longer she isn’t “in” a current production, the cooler her currency as talent is. Her worthiness also has to do with what’s going on with media, YouTube, and streaming consolidation- this paradigm runs completely separately of anything she or her handlers can control.

If I were her, I would book a residency in Vegas, bankroll and record it myself, and sell it direct to media. I would also find great writers rather than keep spitting sour grapes on stage- maybe bury the hatchet with Tyler and have him invest.

What has she done lately? Many of these comedians have been on the circuit and practiced their craft for YEARS before getting a break. I’ve seen some of her standup, she’s hysterical but I would guess rusty and needs the practice in fron to f a crowd again. Acting needs to be set aside until she can get her vibe back.

Collaboration, taking a back seat, tucking the ego in a bit, and having an earnest tone of professionalism go a long way towards an actor or comedian’s career. There are also a lot of emerging stars willing to jump through hoops and do the work rather than rest on laurels that are decades old. She is waiting out her relevancy.

It’s also becoming incredibly difficult to joke and not offend anyone nowadays.

I just watched this first two episodes of this season of Curb, and it’s some of the most brilliant, clever writing I’ve seen specifically because of the gaslighting, and allusions of hysterical situations without hitting people over the head with it or being overly preachy or political.

There’s just no audience that will take her griping onstage for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2024 6:54 AM

In Mo'Nique's defense, Tiffany Haddish is a dumb, shady bitch.

by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2024 8:48 AM

[quote]She was on the sitcom The Parkers.

Which was a spin-off of Brandy's MOESHA.

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2024 8:55 AM

To be fair, “The Parkers” series ended 2004, 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2024 12:33 PM

Moral of the story: Don’t hire or work with Monique.

by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2024 1:07 PM

“Skinny women are evil!”

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2024 1:30 PM

When you have a problem with one person, it could be you are the issue or it could be them.

Whenever you have a problem with everyone you've met and have a list of people, the issue is you.

You're the common denominator in every drama, in every argument, in every failed relationship, in every job loss.

It's you, sis. You're the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2024 1:53 PM

Her husband allegedly took her to one of Will and Jada’s freaky parties. Not soon after they arrived, her husband hooked up with two women. Mo allegedly spent the evening alone in the den while everyone else was paired up with someone. Her husband must have a magical penis or something.

by Anonymousreply 46February 17, 2024 2:06 PM

R39 I agree that Curb Your Enthusiasm navigates uncomfortable stereotypes adroitly. Wanda Sykes delivered or improvised so many quick, mean jabs at Larry’s character during her story arcs. She was great, and so is JB Smoove. His character Leon is a pleasure to watch, with all this disarming frankness and comical/cultural misconceptions (Irma Kostrosky asks him if he likes Little Women, he replies that he loves them, stacks them up to make one whole woman, “tap that a##”). His description of Curly from the Three Stooges (“that little fat motherfucker who run on the floor, like in circles, going ‘woo woo woo?’“) is so funny. Some of the plot devices go sideways or nowhere, but overall Curb Your Enthusiasm manages to navigate race, ableism, gender, faith, ageism, sexuality and others with a sort of brute frankness. You can do that, but it has to be funny, and that’s the really hard part.

Mo’Nique did some of that in her early stand-up comedy. But she has since become something pretty awful, all “friendly fire” at peers, mentors, allies. She is like a wounded porcupine, and those who try to be honest with her get the quills, like Tyler Perry.

I know Precious is an admired film and she was great in it. But that part of Mo’Nique’s identity has been eclipsed by all this graceless and vindictive self pity. It’s too bad, really. She is becoming an allegory.

by Anonymousreply 47February 17, 2024 2:37 PM

Fat or thin, Mo’Nique really does have a great face. It’s so expressive. She also worked pretty hard as a stand up comedian. In one set (Biloxi?), she sweated and howled, and delivered some really dark, funny and subversive material. She is not without talent or looks. She has a few good scenes in an old comedy called Soul Plane, with Loni Love (in a bowl haircut). They play inattentive and self involved airline security personnel. Their scenes together are pretty funny. I wonder if she looks at this earlier material and considers it like a minstrel show.

The excellent comedienne Ellen Cleghorne was handed some undignified material on Saturday Night Live. As a kid I thought she was the funniest performer in many episodes. Looking back, I see some of that material has aged badly. I wonder what it would be like to have performed material you didn’t quite believe in to advance in your career, and then not be able to shift audience perceptions of you after. It would be easier with “fuck you” money like Eddie Murphy might have, but for female comedians (excluding Whoopi Goldberg), the economics is different.

by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2024 3:04 PM

Keep your mouth shut until you are in a financial/career position where you can open your mouth. Mo'Nique has no one to blame but herself and that husband.

by Anonymousreply 49February 17, 2024 3:13 PM

I love her

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2024 3:14 PM

Love Mo'Niique she is super talented and black actresses are underpaid. So she's angry, why is everyone so uncomfortable with that?

by Anonymousreply 51February 17, 2024 3:14 PM

[quote]Love Mo'Niique she is super talented and black actresses are underpaid. So she's angry, why is everyone so uncomfortable with that?

I don't disagree about pay inequity, my issue is that I hate to see people fuck themselves over. Some fights don't have to be public fights.

by Anonymousreply 52February 17, 2024 3:17 PM

Agree with the poster above - it's her stupid fucking hanger-on HUSBAND who has fucked over her career. When you hear her talk about him, it's pathetic. It's truly on the standard of 'do anything for a man' Billie Holiday songs.

I hate when actors compare themselves with others - I should have the career that X has and I don't because of - insert some prejudice here (fat, black, opinionated, etc.).

Notice anything about major stars? You don't find them saying shitty things about co-workers - EVER.

One last note - IMAGINE the drama if all of Monique's former co-workers started talking about the shitty stuff SHE did. Monique would nail herself to a fucking cross and film it.

She's a victim - of her own bad behavior, shitting PR, and stupid free-loading husband.

by Anonymousreply 53February 17, 2024 3:22 PM

Wasn’t Tom Arnold like this on the set of Roseanne?

by Anonymousreply 54February 17, 2024 3:31 PM

I have no rooting interest here. I think they’re all horrible. That being said, I’ll give Mo’ points for dissing Kevin Hart, who is the most annoying person on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 55February 17, 2024 7:06 PM

Less'Nique, please!

by Anonymousreply 56February 18, 2024 9:20 AM

I saw the Tiffany Haddish part and she did not bash her. She respectfully countered Haddish’s disresepct of her husband. And she did so without swearing or offensive language. And she is probably right. If Tiffany Haddish had a husband like hers perhaps she would not be riding around in these streets drunk, with multiple DUIs, putting everyone’s lives at risk.

I can only speak of the segment I saw.

by Anonymousreply 57February 18, 2024 10:14 AM

R5 But you chose to listen. You chose to listen. It’s not like those 2 are culturally omnipresent like Queen Bey or Justin Bieber. So whose fault is it really? Some people…

by Anonymousreply 58February 18, 2024 10:16 AM

So this is my 2 cents. I think Monique is actually right. Let’s not act like the industry isn’t full of assholes and fake liberals who don’t practice what they preach. However at this point it’s becoming her brand and that is not a good look. Let be and move on, if even for your mental health. I miss the fun and hilarious Monique of the early aughts. I miss this Monique.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 18, 2024 10:55 AM

Another Florence Ballard in the making. Waiting for unsettling demise story.

by Anonymousreply 60February 18, 2024 1:08 PM

[quote]She respectfully countered Haddish’s disresepct of her husband.

Did she ask for reparations?

by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2024 6:23 PM

R61 ??????????????

by Anonymousreply 62February 18, 2024 6:33 PM

When disrespecting happens, TeaCake, reparations are needed.

by Anonymousreply 63February 18, 2024 6:34 PM

Ho, shave yo legs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 18, 2024 6:36 PM

[quote] Her husband allegedly took her to one of Will and Jada’s freaky parties. Not soon after they arrived, her husband hooked up with two women. Mo allegedly spent the evening alone in the den while everyone else was paired up with someone. Her husband must have a magical penis or something.

If this is true, there must have been hired extras (women). No way Jada was fucking Sidney (M's husband). Also, Sidney pings loud. If he was hooking up with women, his eyes were on the men.

by Anonymousreply 65February 18, 2024 6:38 PM

R63 Back in the day people lived in caves, especially in cold climates. It was a protective survival method to combat harsh elements and predators. Some of these people continued to live in caves even as society advanced. These people were called trolls. Today in fully advance modern society there is no need for anyone to live in a cave unless mentally ill. Step out of the cave. Stop being a troll.

by Anonymousreply 66February 18, 2024 9:20 PM

R65 He doesn’t ping to me. I think people are just saying that because he is an attractive man with a big chick. And he’s also slim. He just doesn’t ping to me.

The fact of the matter is Tiffany Haddish needs to stop coming for people and expecting them not to intelligently clap back. She also needs to learn how to conjugate her verbs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 18, 2024 9:24 PM

R67, IMO, sidney is not attractive. His way of speaking is largely what pings. but if he doesn’t ping to you, that’s your legit experience. we all see thing differently.

by Anonymousreply 68February 19, 2024 12:25 AM

At R67, Shakira looks terrible and cheap, there. Usually, I do think she us an attractive woman. WTH happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 69February 19, 2024 12:27 AM

r69 she's not being regularly inseminated by Gerard Pique anymore.

by Anonymousreply 70February 19, 2024 12:38 AM

Doesn’t shit ping about this man based on any traditional measure of masculinity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 19, 2024 1:12 AM

I always side eye any guy who makes their living off of their wife's career. It never seems to end up well for the wife.

by Anonymousreply 72February 19, 2024 1:18 AM

[quote][R63] Back in the day people lived in caves, especially in cold climates. It was a protective survival method to combat harsh elements and predators. Some of these people continued to live in caves even as society advanced. These people were called trolls. Today in fully advance modern society there is no need for anyone to live in a cave unless mentally ill. Step out of the cave. Stop being a troll.

Says Othello/Tecake/BrickPollitt...the biggest troll this message board has ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 73February 19, 2024 8:24 AM

R22, I think if Mo'Nique was nice and easy to work with she'd have a great career.

Something like Octavia Spencer's career.

by Anonymousreply 74February 19, 2024 8:55 AM

Sidney is a chihuahua next to Monique, echoing everything she says. Calling him Daddy is embarrassing esp. if he is her manager. She’s always on camera in her bathrobe, looking unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 75February 19, 2024 1:28 PM

R73 I don’t troll. There were occasions I’ve stated some outlandish things being on and off that shit. And I apologize for my verbal abuse of Asians.

by Anonymousreply 76February 19, 2024 1:49 PM

[quote]And I apologize for my verbal abuse of Asians.

OK, as long as you don't mess with Bai Ling!

by Anonymousreply 77February 19, 2024 1:51 PM

R74 Nice and easy, I like my women nice and easy.

by Anonymousreply 78February 19, 2024 1:51 PM

Team M’Nique. After Kat Williams’ appearance on Club Shay Shay, these accusations against Oprah, Tyler Perry, Kevin Hart and Hadish are starting to gain traction.

by Anonymousreply 79February 19, 2024 4:05 PM

[quote] I don’t troll. —BrickPollitt

Teacak, you are the very definition of a troll.

by Anonymousreply 80February 19, 2024 4:15 PM

R80 I hate to be a cunt again but why didn’t your mama swallow.

by Anonymousreply 81February 19, 2024 5:22 PM

PeeCake's mom never swallowed so she could collect welfare checks!

by Anonymousreply 82February 19, 2024 5:25 PM

R82 Haha, you are becoming more blatant with your racism. Even when my dad was a whole gangsta my mom always worked. And we have never ever been on welfare nor lived in the projects.

I love the realness. Keep it up cunt. Show them your true colors, no white sheets.

by Anonymousreply 83February 19, 2024 7:35 PM

[quote] Haha, you are becoming more blatant with your racism.

The way you're becoming more blatant with your homophobia, as evidenced by your posts on other threads.

You garbage cunt.

by Anonymousreply 84February 19, 2024 7:43 PM

What did I say that was homophobic. I’m gay/bisexual I can say that word.

by Anonymousreply 85February 19, 2024 8:01 PM

A little Less'Nique would be fine with me, baby.

by Anonymousreply 86February 19, 2024 8:03 PM

R59 showed nothing but a large woman dancing and then out of breath, trying to speak.

Can someone please show us a segment of M being funny?

by Anonymousreply 87February 19, 2024 8:24 PM

I love Mo’nique and don’t understand all the hate she gets here. She’s ballsy and that she’s taken on the pinnacle of the black Hollywood power structure and she doesn’t have two fucks to give about it. Yes, she’s not necessarily championing herself, but she’s at least telling the truth and you wouldn’t hear as much about her talking about it if she weren’t being asked about it all the time. Of course it’s salacious anytime one celebrity speaks out about another so that just adds to the attention she gets for it. I don’t think she should have bitched so much about promoting precious or any other film and maybe should have kept some of that between her and the producers. But I have followed her career since around 2000 and she’s always been this way. As someone else up thread said, she’s hysterical in her stand-up. She’s raw, inappropriate, irreverent and outright funny. I do wish she would move on from some of the anger but I can’t help but love her and I want to cheer for her. She only says things that millions of others think and know already.

by Anonymousreply 88February 19, 2024 8:47 PM

[quote]There’s just no audience that will take her griping onstage for an hour.

And yet, Trumpanzee morons listen to Trump for hours on end.

by Anonymousreply 89February 20, 2024 1:23 AM

F&F the insane obsessed R89

by Anonymousreply 90February 20, 2024 12:21 PM

R88, a black person calling out another black person is not risky. What would have been risky was calling out the the executives at Lionsgate by name. However they most likely were powerful white men. Even when she sued Netflix, she never specifically called out anyone by name.

by Anonymousreply 91February 20, 2024 1:13 PM

R23, yet she recently said horrible things about her oldest son in comedy set this past weekend. What a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 92February 20, 2024 1:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!