Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Worst Streaming Platform

Which streamer is the absolute worst? Horrible content, slow loading etc.

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2024 2:44 AM

FreeVee sucks. They clip scenes from shows in order to increase ad space.

I watch shows on IonTV and WeTV, which run a lot of ads. I can live with that. But I don't forgive damaging content in order to increase revenue.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2024 1:33 AM

I voted for Prime because it’s gone from an excellent service to a mediocre one, charging for shows and movies that used to be covered by the subscription and making a complete hash of the homepage.

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2024 2:21 AM

Apple TV gets the honors for The Morning Show alone.

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2024 2:29 AM

Prime used to be great.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2024 2:30 AM

Yeah, Bezos just wasn't rich enough yet, so he fucked up my favorite streaming service to earn more money.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 2:51 AM

Disney+ is boring as fuck. It’s filled with Marvel, Star Wars, and classic animations. Shit that I’ve already seen or have zero interest in. Their original content is boring and made for children.

by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 2:54 AM

I hate FreeVee. Prime went downhill real fast. Interesting that Peacock gets some really good new movies.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 2:54 AM

R3 Don’t forget Masters of the Air. What a fucking snoozer. Apple TV original series are really boring. The one good show that came out of there is Silo.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 2:55 AM

Peacock taps into the Universal movie library here and there.

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 2:56 AM

Peacock gets great movies , and has fun comfort tv shows to watch.

All of Netflix’s documentaries feel like the same bland product slightly repackaged.

Max is great with interesting comtent.

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 2:59 AM

It terms of the actual platform, Paramount SUCKS! I have problems all the time with it. They do get some good content though.

I loved HBOMax, but MAX has so much crap now.

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 2:59 AM

Max has gone way downhill. It’s all trashy TLC style reality programming and very little quality content. I’m thinking about canceling as soon as I’m done catching up on Gilded Age. I actually think Apple TV has a lot of great originals. I’ve really been enjoying Severance and Servant.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 3:04 AM

One that's not on your list -- Watch TCM. Flat-out refuses to be a stand-alone service; you literally need the cable channel in order to acess the app. Slow as fuck, just like their bloated website.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2024 3:35 AM

Datalounge+

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2024 1:27 PM

Datalounge-

by Anonymousreply 15February 9, 2024 1:35 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 16February 9, 2024 1:41 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 17February 9, 2024 1:42 PM

You didn’t list STARZ, but that’s my vote.

by Anonymousreply 18February 9, 2024 2:47 PM

And Showtime sucks as well. Although they do have nudity so there is that.

by Anonymousreply 19February 9, 2024 2:51 PM

Netflix use to make some really good original content and despite never watching a single true crime documentary, that's all I get recommended to me now.

by Anonymousreply 20February 9, 2024 3:02 PM

Netflix is by far the best platform in terms of design and ease of use. Its technology is on a whole other level compared to the other streamers. Hulu is awkward to navigate, especially its live TV service.

Max is buggy, with the sound going in and out, and they often don't save my "Continue Watching" programs correctly. It's not as intuitive as Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 21February 9, 2024 3:06 PM

Amazon and HBO/Max are in a race to the bottom technically, with Amazon winning worst prize for platform, search, and technical difficulties, and HBO/Max taking that position for slimness of content -- its catalogue of films acquired from other platforms is shit and their new content amounts to one or two short series a year of any interest or note.

by Anonymousreply 22February 9, 2024 3:14 PM

Any "free" platform that subjects you to advertising. Second is any platform that used to be ad-free, but now expects you to pay even more to avoid ads (aka, Amazon Prime). I have no technical issues with Amazon Prime (however, I'm also not paying to avoid ads, so I'm not watching their content. I use Prime only for Kindle ebook deals and points because I real a lot, and shipping).

by Anonymousreply 23February 9, 2024 5:52 PM

Question for those with Amazon Prime: I'm not paying extra to avoid ads, so I'm not watching their streaming content. Does anyone know if ads are also embedded in content I might purchase? For example, if I decide to purchase a movie or a series to watch, will those have ads embedded? I don't mind ads for other films or programs in the streaming service, but I don't want ads like those rampant on social media, cable, or network TV. I sent an inquiry about this to Amazon customer service, but of course, I've not heard back. Fuck, I might just have to go back to pirating/torrenting.

by Anonymousreply 24February 9, 2024 5:56 PM

I have beef w/Apple TV+ because they don't have an Android app, so I have to watch everything on my laptop (no Chromecast capabilities). Their content is good, though.

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2024 7:06 PM

The ads on the free streaming platforms like Freevee, Crackle, Tubi, and Pluto TV can be annoying. But, I do like that those free streaming platforms have some great TV movies from 70s, 80s, and 90s, on them.

by Anonymousreply 26February 9, 2024 7:09 PM

In terms of Platform/Interface, I find Hulu's extremely clunky and slow and Prime's has gotten worse. Content wise, I think Apple's might be the worst.

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2024 7:17 PM

Paramount+ on FireStick can be clunky and slow at times. I mostly use my iPad to watch stuff on there.

by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2024 7:20 PM

At this point, they all pretty much suck. There are too many of them splitting up the content. I realized, there are only 1-2 series I typically watch from each service. For the cost, I just torrent. Fuck ‘em all, especially since they’re all moving to ads.

by Anonymousreply 29February 9, 2024 7:24 PM

Hulu's interface blows chunks.....none of them are really great to navigate but Hulu was the worst by far.

by Anonymousreply 30February 9, 2024 7:25 PM

I got 6 months free of MGM+ when I got a new Firestick. I thought they would have a huge archive of old MGM movies on there but no, there’s not much on there and their original series blow.

by Anonymousreply 31February 9, 2024 7:56 PM

r11 I agree Paramount+ is terrible. I'm having an issue where I cannot watch any movies (Infinity Flex streaming device). TV shows are fine. I've opened a service request with P+. It's a known issue!!! Paramount+ works fine on my laptop and iPad, but I have no intentions of watching a 2 hour+ movie on either of those devices. Has anyone else encountered this issue when using the Infinity Flex box?

R21 I think Netflix definitely has the best interface of all the streaming platforms. Ease of navigation, you can get a synopsis of the show/movie by simply highlighting the thumbnail. The other platforms you have to click into it in order to read the synopsis. I have noticed that Netflix has recently upped their game as far as content, though. I've started watching it more and more.

I canceled MAX because the content is really crap now.

Prime and their "limited commercial" crap (or pay an EXTRA $2.99 [I think] to be commercial free is fucked up!

Hulu has a lot of great content. It's where I spend most of my viewing hours lately.

by Anonymousreply 32February 9, 2024 8:35 PM

Prime has a horrible interface and has nothing worth watching.

Paramount has a lot of content I would like to watch, but the app is a disaster.

Max still has the HBO content, but the main screen is nothing but reality garbage.

All of them are pretty bad at this point.

by Anonymousreply 33February 9, 2024 9:07 PM

I like Max right now mostly because it's free (our HOA pays for it) and it lets me watch HGTV shows same day they're on in the evening without waiting as I had to do with on demand.

Beyond that, I wouldn't pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 34February 9, 2024 9:25 PM

Peacock is worth it for Housewives alone. I know it’s trash, but these crazy broads make me laugh. Especially into Miami rn.

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2024 12:13 AM

Will Paramount+ be able to handle streaming the Super Bowl?

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2024 2:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!