Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Balding

My combover is giving "Charlie Brown hair squiggle" vibes, What should I do?

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2024 8:14 PM

Cut your hair shorter and shorter with each haircut. Once it's down to crewcut level, have an honest talk with your barber about whether you should just wear what you have short, or start shaving it all off. I guarantee you'll get more respect for this than any kind of "cure" or coverup "system." And wear an age-appropriate hat when you're outdoors to prevent skin cancer. I followed the first part of the advice, but not the second and now I have had three skin cancer operations plus a dozen or more pre-cancerous thing frozen off. If there was an honest-to-god baldness cure, I'd take it. But there isn't one, and nothing attracts attention to your hairline like attempts to fool the world.

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2024 11:07 PM

Eva Gabor Wigs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2024 11:16 PM

I've used Minoxidil 5% for years. It's cheap, it's effective. It's part of my morning routine. I look like me again.

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2024 11:33 PM

Headscarves are absolutely terrific, honestly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2024 11:37 PM

I'm losing my temples (unevenly) and my crown. I've been buzzing it on a 2 and I'm mostly happy with it. I'm contemplating Bic'ing it.

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2024 12:00 AM

No worries. An anesthetized marmoset will sleep on your head for days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 9, 2024 7:58 AM

What R1 said. I found as I lost hair I started spending more on barber visits just to keep what was left looking decent. He's also right about sun damage. I'm getting hyperpigmentation spots, hopefully won't get skin cancer.

Accept what is and work on what you can improve: skin care, diet (eating healthy foods really does help with a glowing, healthy complexion), exercise/working out, and your mind.

Confidence and being comfortable being yourself out in the world is way more sexy than a head of hair.

by Anonymousreply 7February 9, 2024 10:48 AM

Build up your shoulders, pecs, and arms.

There are plenty of us perverts into bald guys.

by Anonymousreply 8February 9, 2024 10:59 AM

Isn’t it a hassle to have a bald head?

by Anonymousreply 9February 9, 2024 11:03 AM

R3, what does that entail? I’m assuming you have to massage it into your scalp? What happens when you sweat?

by Anonymousreply 10February 9, 2024 12:50 PM

No, R9. It is actually easier than having a head off hair. You buzz with an electric razor in the morning, moisturizer, sun screen, repeat.

by Anonymousreply 11February 9, 2024 7:10 PM

There’s a subreddit, maybe /bald where people post pics of themselves and ask the crowd if it’s time to shave the remains off.

The before and after pics are often remarkable. People are quite supportive of taking the plunge.

by Anonymousreply 12February 9, 2024 7:54 PM

Tell people you have alopecia. Then get your husband to punch out a comic.

by Anonymousreply 13February 9, 2024 8:11 PM

Chasten?

by Anonymousreply 14February 9, 2024 8:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!