Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden claims he spoke with French Pres. Mitterrand at G7 in 2021, who died in 1996

Then he did it again with another dead European leader:

“… at the 2nd and 3rd events today POTUS seemed to say that Helmut Kohl (who died in 2017) was there with him at his first foreign trip as President talking about Jan 6th…Angela Merkel was the German chancellor in 2021.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 10, 2024 2:52 AM

NBC: “In his second mix-up this week, Biden talks about meeting with dead European leaders”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2024 5:17 PM

Why isn’t he reading off a teleprompter. This is making international news.

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2024 5:17 PM

Trump claims he won the 2020 election.

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2024 5:18 PM

Jesus Christ, the man confuses a couple of dates and you'd think the collapse of the world was imminent. Meanwhile, Orange Jesus lies, exaggerates, foments insurrection and just makes shit up as he goes along and it's all good.

I am sick of America's media.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2024 5:21 PM

Yeah. This is worse than when he caused a mob to storm the Capital because he was pissed about the election.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2024 5:23 PM

At this stage, allowing him to be president is borderline elder abuse.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2024 5:24 PM

And yet Trump and his supporters all claim God speaks directly to Trump and no one bats an eye. Why does anyone refuse to call them out on their bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2024 5:25 PM

This is simply reflexive crap to Trump losing his god-damned mind.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2024 5:26 PM

Does anyone still wonder why Biden’s people turned down the Super Bowl interview?

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2024 5:31 PM

This is why the Dems nixed his Super Bowl interview. He just cannot be allowed to speak off the cuff.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2024 5:31 PM

I agree with that Biden is 100x better than Trump but he is definitely having cognitive issues(like Trump) but it is concerning that this country couldn't find political leaders in their 50s and 60s who would have been viable candidates. People get old and older and very very few remain as sharp as a fox.

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2024 5:48 PM

R11 Yeah, we need to find somebody from TikTok who can fill the job.

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2024 5:56 PM

The reason we have Biden is because progressives overplayed their hand in the 2020 primaries. If Elizabeth Warren run on Biden’s moderate platform, or if Bloomberg had been able to shed his toxic image, maybe they could have won. The others had no path to beating Trump.

It’s also hard to imagine an off ramp for Biden. Even if he planned to only run for one term, it would have been difficult to actually do that without undercutting his own work.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2024 5:57 PM

Bless your heart, OP. We will now all vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2024 6:00 PM

It’s bad. But not as bad as the other guy

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2024 6:01 PM

[quote]It’s bad.

Only to morons, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2024 6:07 PM

It’s not only bad to morons. Biden is very old. His mental and physical health is a legitimate concern. If you think it’s not, perhaps you shouldn’t be tossing around the word moron.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2024 6:11 PM

The difference between a senile (which I don't think he is) Biden and a senile (which I do think he is) Trump is that Biden surrounds himself with highly competent, principled, patriotic people, while Trump surrounds himself with lickspittles, grifters, and/or traitors.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2024 6:20 PM

Just...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2024 6:24 PM

R18 is correct.

Biden is in charge and setting policy and processes. He may not be ideal, but he and his administration have done very well in a time of cold civil war and absolute - or nearly - impediments from the former GOP, now the insane MAGA, party.

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2024 6:25 PM

His mental and physical health is a legitimate concern.

Be as concerned as you want to be, r17, but he's the Democratic nominee whether you like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2024 6:38 PM

Stop spreading Russian propaganda, OP! This is obviously an AI fake or a Russian actor posing as Biden or an Iranian conspiracy or Tucker Carlson's doing or the deplorables of January 6th or, or, or... Trump! Oh yes, and the Syrians and the Chinese balloon and Putin and Iranians and the Palestinians and Hamas and... Have I already mentioned Trump? Well, they are all guilty and if you don't believe me, then you're a MAGAt deplorable and a bad person!!!!! 🤡🤡🤡

With that said, Biden was never intelligent or capable AT ALL, and his political prominence can only be ascribed to his utter immorality, greed and corruption. Moreover, he has always been a self-aggrandizing mythomaniac and narcissist. Now that he is a decrepit, demented old war criminal and his cognitive decline is more evident than ever - I mean, do you remember when he mentioned that his father escaped from a kibbutz on October 7th and when he returned, everything was destroyed by Palestinians and he and his wife and daughter had to hide until someone came to rescue them? The quote is below:

[quote]You know, after October 7th, my father — a father returned to his kibbutz to salvage what he could from his home and what was left in rubble and ruin, the home which hid — which he hid in with his wife and his daughter for 20 hours before being rescued, a home in the same neighborhood where his beloved son was brutally murdered.

This man has always been an imbecile and now, he is turning into a demented vegetable. He should have never been allowed to reach the presidency and the only thing propping him up is how detested Donald Trump is by the donor class. Pretending otherwise is just embarrassing self-delusion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2024 6:40 PM

Oh, and by the way, recently he confused Angela Markel and Helmut Kohl, who was a man and died in 2017... 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2024 6:41 PM

We need age limits for presidents and Congress and term limits for the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2024 6:42 PM

While just about anyone is infinitely better than Trump, Biden doesn’t have his marbles and he’s dependent upon progressive morons to set the agenda. The fact that a country the size of the US can only come up with Trump or Biden for president is pretty pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2024 6:46 PM

Bless your heart right wing gays, deep down your only liking of Trump is because hes a much as a closet racists as you guys are.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2024 7:02 PM

Jesus. I knew we'd have a year of trolling, but I was hoping we wouldn't get all of the retarded ones.

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2024 7:09 PM

Special counsel just declined to prosecute Biden over intentional retention and sharing of classified documents in part because Biden’s memory is impaired. Not good.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2024 7:13 PM

r28 proves my point.

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2024 7:17 PM

Biden- He senile

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2024 7:19 PM

Bury your head in the sand, idiot. It’s a real issue. And I’m a contributor to Biden’s campaign, not a Trump troll.

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2024 7:23 PM

Defacto up to his old tricks as per.

Let’s not forget he supports someone who thought Frederick Douglass was alive in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2024 7:24 PM

[quote]And I’m a contributor to Biden’s campaign,

And I am Marie of Romania, r31.

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2024 7:25 PM

You really are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2024 7:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2024 7:27 PM

For r33

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2024 7:32 PM

[quote]Bury your head in the sand, idiot. It’s a real issue.

Fine, Bogart, I stand...sit...corrected. So then, this is a vital issue to you. What's your solution?

by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2024 7:39 PM

There is no solution.

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2024 7:46 PM

He spoke with Mitterrand. I helped

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2024 7:50 PM

So then, r38, you're just here to be concerned...got it.

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2024 7:50 PM

Silly stuff like this affects no one. The serious criminal actions of Trump affect all of us.

by Anonymousreply 41February 8, 2024 7:52 PM

[quote] What's your solution?

Get in the brace position?

by Anonymousreply 42February 8, 2024 7:54 PM

R14 is an fool. He's like a 8 yr old. Nobody here is going to vote for Trump, but R14 seems to forget that Biden still needs to get elected. He NEEDS VOTES.

Biden's mental deterioration is the kind of thing that will make a lot of people stay home and not vote. Trump's camp only allowing him out to his rallies is smart. Most people don't pay attention to anything Trump says during them. A lot of people don't keep up with the news. It's easy for them to forget all the horrible things trump has said and done.

And R22, he actually understands, but ridiculously, or sadly he thinks that no one else knows about Biden's mental deterioration and that if we talk about it here on DataLounge, the rest of the country and the entire world will find out about the mental deterioration. I think it was him who actually said on another thread, "don't tell anyone, don't let anyone else find out". The entire world already knows about Biden. The world media have been writing about it. It's not a secret to anyone.

And R14 & R22, do you know what happens when people stay home and don't vote? Trump will win.

by Anonymousreply 43February 8, 2024 7:56 PM

There’s nothing wrong with being concerned when a federal prosecutor says Biden can’t be prosecuted because his memory is impaired. Especially when it obfuscates the fact that Trump is showing signs of dementia.

NY Times:

[quote]Another reason he chose not to prosecute Mr. Biden was even less flattering. Mr. Hur cited Mr. Biden’s poor recollection of events during an interview with prosecutors last fall that lasted two days. “Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview with him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory,” Mr. Hur wrote. It would be difficult to convince a jury after Mr. Biden left office that “a former president well into his eighties” was guilty of a felony that “requires a mental state of willfulness.”

Damn right I’m concerned.

by Anonymousreply 44February 8, 2024 7:57 PM

Pace yourself, r44. If you're going to be so concerned over this, you won't last until November.

by Anonymousreply 45February 8, 2024 8:01 PM

I think I’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 46February 8, 2024 8:03 PM

[quote] you're just here to be concerned...got it.

If Biden loses because of old age and/or cognitive decline, I’ve got a heapful of I-told-you-sos I’ve been saving up to use. The reason is that I get ticked off by people who willfully ignore warnings, be it for tornados, hurricanes, or elections.

However, I still think there’s a good chance that people smarter than the Biden partisans on DL will in one way or another cause someone other than Biden to be nominated at the convention. It may happen because they convince Biden to withdraw. In that case I won’t need to do the “I told you so”.

by Anonymousreply 47February 8, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote]If Biden loses because of old age and/or cognitive decline, I’ve got a heapful of I-told-you-sos I’ve been saving up to use.

Oh, I'm sure you do, r47...

by Anonymousreply 48February 8, 2024 8:10 PM

I am a hardcore Democrat and I mostly admire Biden, but Jesus fuck, he is utterly senile. I mean, dear god. If he had bowed out months ago, someone younger and more suitable could have stepped in.

by Anonymousreply 49February 8, 2024 8:14 PM

Biden has always been a gaffe machine, here is an article from 2020, it isn't cognitive decline it is just Joe.

[quote] In 2010, at a St Patrick’s Day reception for Brian Cowen, Biden got confused over which of the then Irish prime minister’s parents had passed away.

[quote] At a campaign stop in Missouri in 2008, then vice-presidential nominee Biden exhorted state senator Chuck Graham to stand up for a round of applause. Graham is a paraplegic after a car accident he had at age 16.

[quote] “I am a gaffe machine,” Biden admitted in December when asked about potential liabilities of his campaign. “But my God what a wonderful thing compared to a guy who can’t tell the truth,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 8, 2024 8:20 PM

Again with the...

[quote]If he had bowed out months ago, someone younger and more suitable could have stepped in.

Who would that have been, r49?

by Anonymousreply 51February 8, 2024 8:22 PM

[raises hand]

by Anonymousreply 52February 8, 2024 8:25 PM

That federal prosecutor is a trump supporter, but yes, the rest of the world knows that Biden is too far gone. He's been deteriorating rapidly in the past 6 months.

Shame on Biden's family for letting him talk so much publicly during the past two years. My grandfather was the same way, but we took his keys away and didn't let him drive or have control over his checkbook. And of course, my grandfather wasn't the leader of the free world.

And R50, in other words, "He's always sounded senile". That's not going to instill a lot of confidence and make people get off their couches and go out & vote.

by Anonymousreply 53February 8, 2024 8:26 PM

They're both old, lame ducks but Trump will be on a mission to get revenge. THAT'S scary. The Ds should focus on that (besides the fact that he has no policy).

by Anonymousreply 54February 8, 2024 8:29 PM

Is he any relation to Gavin Newsom, r52?

by Anonymousreply 55February 8, 2024 8:31 PM

[quote]They're both old, lame ducks

Why do you refuse to acknowledge Joe's amazing accomplishments in his first term, r54?

by Anonymousreply 56February 8, 2024 8:33 PM

NY Times:

[quote] The special counsel report quote describing Biden as presenting himself as a “sympathetic, well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory” is potentially quite damaging politically. Privately, several Democratic strategists expressed deep concern about how the report depicted the president and how that will be used in a campaign.

See? Concern

by Anonymousreply 57February 8, 2024 8:36 PM

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

by Anonymousreply 58February 8, 2024 8:40 PM

It's utterly fucked up how the "liberal media" will more than insinuate that Biden is too senile to lead yet re-toss Trump's world salad into something more understandable. Even the AP does it. If you watch a clip it's Trump gibbering absolute nonsense but the newspaper report edits it into coherence. It's incredible and been going on for years.

by Anonymousreply 59February 8, 2024 8:44 PM

Fuck Donald Trump.

Ok? Now that we've got that out of the way: Biden is obviously sliding into senility. I have a hard time believing he's actually carrying out the day-to-day decision making.

by Anonymousreply 60February 8, 2024 8:53 PM

[quote] Silly stuff like this affects no one.

Of course it does. It affects international relations. God, you’re a moron. The world is watching this.

by Anonymousreply 61February 8, 2024 8:56 PM

Reagan was younger than Biden and Trump when he left office, and he was falling asleep in meetings during his second term.

by Anonymousreply 62February 8, 2024 8:57 PM

"Prosecutors said they would not be criminally charging Biden, even though he posed a significant national security risk."

"One of the reasons they decided not to press charges was because 'at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory'."

Well isn't that dandy.

by Anonymousreply 63February 8, 2024 8:59 PM

r62 - Reagan had advancing Alzheimer's, Kit. Joe doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 64February 8, 2024 9:00 PM

r63 -

[quote]We do not believe that the report’s treatment of President Biden’s memory is accurate or appropriate,” Sauber and Bauer wrote in the letter, which was also released on Thursday. “The report uses highly prejudicial language to describe a commonplace occurrence among witnesses: a lack of recall of years-old events.”

by Anonymousreply 65February 8, 2024 9:01 PM

Biden is not sliding into senility. He’s definitely in charge. No rumors to the contrary.

However, he is quite old and does not appear strong.

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2024 9:04 PM

It’s not as if Biden hadn’t met Mitterrand - he’s been involved in international politics at least since he was a senator and is well known by overseas politicians, which is a plus.

So he confused a nam or a date, it’s still grounded in reality. Trump OTOH just riffs on and on about people he’s never met. Like Frederick Douglas

by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2024 9:04 PM

Hur is a right-wing turd

by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2024 9:08 PM

[quote]"Prosecutors said they would not be criminally charging Biden, even though he posed a significant national security risk."

I googled this sentence and got exactly one hit -- from some weird Turkish-Muslim site.

It is not an accurate characterization of what is in Hur's report.

by Anonymousreply 69February 8, 2024 9:08 PM

The American public is left with a choice between two fossilized relics, only one of whom is a traitorous criminal.

by Anonymousreply 70February 8, 2024 9:10 PM

From today's BBC

"Mr Hur's report said Mr Biden's memory seemed to have "significant limitations". He could not recall when he was vice-president (from 2009-2017), or "even within several years, when his son Beau died" (2015)."

"And his memory appeared hazy when describing the Afghanistan debate that was once so important to him."

by Anonymousreply 71February 8, 2024 9:14 PM

It is hilarious that Hur felt it was necessary to give Congressional Republicans some red meat on the way out.

He was just preempting Gym Jordan subpoenaing him for another pointless inquiry of the inquiry.

He saw what the Congressional Chimps did to Weiss BEFORE he gives his report.

So fucking obvious.

by Anonymousreply 72February 8, 2024 9:18 PM

What kind if name is Hur?

I can’t take him seriously.

by Anonymousreply 73February 8, 2024 9:19 PM

He's Asian.

by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2024 9:20 PM

Biden IS senile = listen to him try to talk. It's crazy.

And this might help elect Trump......God help us.

Please, Democrats - get rid of this stupid old man and give us a real candidate. PLEASE. I'll vote for him - but it will really be a vote for Kamala because he ain't gonna last four more years.

HE'S SENILE! He acts likes everyone's Grandpa acts just before it's decided to put him in a home.

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2024 9:24 PM

[quote]It is hilarious that Hur felt it was necessary to give Congressional Republicans some red meat on the way out.

Having found that "President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen," it was pretty necessary for him to give some explanation then for why Biden would not be charged.

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2024 9:26 PM

R59 All your doing is voter suppression sweetie, I really doubt you're a hardcore Democrat too lol.

A trump 2nd term will fuck us over so much, imagine the shit that could get done and the massive shift to the left it would be if every Democrat that's eligible to vote came out and voted for the party candidate (Joe Biden).

But noooo lets just put down the candidate cause hes old, disregarding the fact that control of the Executive Branch and its powers is spread out further into different agencies and positions, its a big reason Trump and his cronies want it back so desperately.

People stop listening to stupid people here and go vote so that the avid voting bloc of the right wingers gets diluted. We'll be stuck arguing about trans people for the next hundred years while the rich get richer.

by Anonymousreply 77February 8, 2024 9:29 PM

[quote]HE'S SENILE! He acts likes everyone's Grandpa acts just before it's decided to put him in a home.

I think there are some people who believe that Biden will somehow get better, or at least be stable. They just don't get it, that with this condition, every week, every month, it will only get worse. There's no question than in six months, he will be noticeably worse than he is today. I know from the experience of watching my mother slip away.

by Anonymousreply 78February 8, 2024 9:31 PM

R77 Dang it my reply was meant for R49

by Anonymousreply 79February 8, 2024 9:31 PM

You may very well *not* be a whiny troll, r75, but you certainly come off as one.

by Anonymousreply 80February 8, 2024 9:34 PM

R78 Mitch McDonnell has been rotting for like half a year already lol

Just like people were saying Bernie was going to die any day in 2020 after his heart attack :D

by Anonymousreply 81February 8, 2024 9:35 PM

Why wasn’t Gavin Newsom put up as a replacement for Biden? This could have happened a few months ago, but now it may be too late to run a new candidate.

by Anonymousreply 82February 8, 2024 9:36 PM

Oh, just give it up, r82. Be here now.

by Anonymousreply 83February 8, 2024 9:44 PM

I have dementia, and as I saw myself deteriorate, I put myself into a position where I would not hurt anyone else because of my diagnosis. I signed my condo over to my niece. I gave my sister my checkbook. I gave my nephew, a doctor, power of attorney regarding my health. I don't drive beyond two miles away from home. I know it is only going to get worse. I would never expect other people to just deal with it.

I resigned at work so I wouldn't make a poor decision that would adversely affect others. I wish Biden would have bowed out when he realized he was declining. It's stubbornness and selfishness on his part.

by Anonymousreply 84February 8, 2024 9:49 PM

[quote]I wish Biden would have bowed out

Well, r84, he *didn't*. He also hasn't been diagnosed with dementia. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 85February 8, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote]He also hasn't been diagnosed with dementia.

No, not that we know of...

by Anonymousreply 86February 8, 2024 9:55 PM

[quote] Reagan had advancing Alzheimer's, Kit. Joe doesn't.

Joe has something going on. He’s had brain issues and surgery already. The minute he’s out of office and the stories will come out. This happened to Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 87February 8, 2024 10:06 PM

[quote] Why wasn’t Gavin Newsom put up as a replacement for Biden?

Because he would never win a general election.

by Anonymousreply 88February 8, 2024 10:07 PM

[quote]Biden doesn’t have his marbles and he’s dependent upon progressive morons to set the agenda.

Yeah, r87, it's those moronic progressives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 8, 2024 10:12 PM

The pictures of where and how he was keeping the documents is really quite something. OMG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 8, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote] "Prosecutors said they would not be criminally charging Biden, even though he posed a significant national security risk."

As a senile "significant security risk" shouldn't he be immediately removed under the 25th Amendment

by Anonymousreply 91February 8, 2024 10:31 PM

That we are only now seeing the photos of how he was keeping those docs, shows that there was a cover-up.

by Anonymousreply 92February 8, 2024 10:34 PM

[quote]As a senile "significant security risk" shouldn't he be immediately removed under the 25th Amendment

I feel like Biden is being treated like the embalmed body of Lenin, an important relic that must be carefully preserved and kept in place for the sake of the party.

by Anonymousreply 93February 8, 2024 10:37 PM

Biden reminds me of my 84-year-old dad. He doesn’t have dementia, but he sometimes mixes things up, can’t always recall the correct word right away, or repeats himself. The information and memories are all still there, but he’s just cognitively slower than he used to be. One just has to be patient. The marbles are all there!

Also, Biden has always been prone to verbal gaffes because he’s dealing with a stutter, which adds another layer of cognitive stress.

I don’t understand why these old politicians seem to want to die on the job rather than spend their last years just enjoying life, though.

by Anonymousreply 94February 8, 2024 10:41 PM

Reagan did this all the time, George W. Bush did this all the time, and God knows Trump did and still does it every single day. Why is it only news when a Democrat goofs like this?

by Anonymousreply 95February 8, 2024 10:42 PM

Bernie Sanders wouldn’t have made this faux pas.

by Anonymousreply 96February 8, 2024 10:49 PM

Biden wouldn't run if there was a single other Democrat who could save us from Cheetolini's Second Coming.

by Anonymousreply 97February 8, 2024 10:57 PM

[quote] Reagan was younger than Biden and Trump when he left office, and he was falling asleep in meetings during his second term.

Have you ever tried to sleep when the best cocksucker in the world is going to town on your cock, it was the only time I could get some decent sleep.

by Anonymousreply 98February 8, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]Reagan did this all the time, George W. Bush did this all the time, and God knows Trump did and still does it every single day. Why is it only news when a Democrat goofs like this?

This from the NYTimes:

"The investigation into Mr. Biden’s handling of the documents after being vice president called him a “well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory” and described interviews in which he could not recall when he served as vice president, what year his son died or whom he agreed with during policy debates."

"“He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended (‘if it was 2013 — when did I stop being vice president?’), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began (‘in 2009, am I still vice president?’),” the report said. “He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died.”

Am I still Vice President? WTF!

That's pretty serious stuff.

Would you prefer that it be censored?

And this:

"But the report refuted the longstanding argument by the president’s lawyers that Mr. Biden never put the nation’s national security at risk. Investigators found documents at Mr. Biden’s home in a “box in the garage, near a collapsed dog crate, a dog bed, a Zappos box, an empty bucket, a broken lamp wrapped with duct tape, potting soil and synthetic firewood.”"

Should all of this be hidden from the public?

by Anonymousreply 99February 8, 2024 11:44 PM

[quote]Biden wouldn't run if there was a single other Democrat who could save us from Cheetolini's Second Coming.

To be clear, you are saying that there is no Democrat anywhere in the United States other than Biden who could be elected president against someone as bad as Trump? Do you realize how damning such a thing would be, if true? How did Democrats get themselves into such a position?

by Anonymousreply 100February 8, 2024 11:47 PM

[quote]Do you realize how damning such a thing would be, if true?

It's damning of the voters, r100.

by Anonymousreply 101February 8, 2024 11:56 PM

I’m sure there are many other senior government executives who have classified information stashed in various locations in their homes. Not justifying this, but having worked in DC it doesn’t surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 102February 8, 2024 11:56 PM

"Being old is not a crime, what Trump did was."

by Anonymousreply 103February 8, 2024 11:59 PM

[quote]It's damning of the voters, [R100].

That attitude about the voters is probably the reason why they wouldn't vote for any Democrat other than Biden for president.

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2024 12:34 AM

R94, has your dad also had repeated brain surgery like Biden?

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2024 12:37 AM

R103 gets all her “news” from MSNBC. No wonder she has no clue what’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2024 12:37 AM

You all are getting a second Trump term and sadly, you will deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2024 12:40 AM

I am getting old but forgot things and said stupid stuff when I was young. I think Biden got terrible prep for his Special Prosecutor testimony. A lawyer will often advise a criminal defendant not to remember things if they don’t and not to over prep to recall those things but it came back to bite him here.

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2024 1:47 AM

Despite the hopes of those trying to cover for Biden, it's getting worse by the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2024 1:50 AM

Biden has always been a bit gaffe prone, including mixing up the name of former world leaders. Trump constantly confuses the names of events of recent domestic politicians.

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2024 1:56 AM

[quote] Biden has always been a bit gaffe prone, including mixing up the name of former world leaders. Trump constantly confuses the names of events of recent domestic politicians.

And flat out lying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2024 1:59 AM

The country is between a rock and a hard place and may soon be in crisis. President Biden with his cognitive decline is the only thing protecting the country from a President Harris.

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2024 2:07 AM

So what? Larry King does it all the time on DL.

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2024 2:16 AM

Good news for me.

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2024 2:20 AM

It really is R2. This is the first story on the news on Australian ABC and on the BBC. Yikes. This is not a good thing and the GOP and Dump are already running wild with it.

Biden's press conference where he was talking about the accusation that he couldn't remember when his son had died was very poignant and touching. Do we know who the female reporter was who was badgering him rudely during question time about his mental cognition? She needs a massive slap.

If Biden is to be replaced as the Dem candidate then it needs to happen swiftly.

by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote] If Biden is to be replaced as the Dem candidate then it needs to happen swiftly.

ME ME ME ME

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2024 2:44 AM

I love this dingbat notion that candidates just get "replaced" on a whim. "The part of Joe Biden will be played by Gavin Newsom this evening."

The fuck do people think they're talking about?

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2024 2:51 AM

Fuck you, R112.

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2024 2:53 AM

These kinds of errors may not be disqualifying right now, but they do not portend well for the next five years, they are politically damaging, and they offer cover for Trump’s impairment. I think Biden’s been a great President, but 81 is too old to run for reelection.

The Obamas and the Clintons should talk to him.

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2024 12:54 PM

The party needs its elder statesmen to speak to Biden. Can they find anyone older than Biden to do that?

by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2024 12:58 PM

[Raises hand.]

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2024 1:01 PM

[quote]I’m sure there are many other senior government executives who have classified information stashed in various locations in their homes. Not justifying this, but having worked in DC it doesn’t surprise me.

That's true and what pisses me off is that while the media was going on and on about trump and the his classified documents that he purposely stole, none of the Bidens were smart enough to go home and gotten rid of these files. That dopey Dr Jill or either one of those druggies, Hunter or Ashley could and should have gone through that garage and either gone through all the files, or just gotten rid of all of them.

But who am I kidding. That useless, piece of shit junkie, Hunter would have documented the entire thing and then left his phone someone for someone else to find. And Ashley would have written all about it in her diary and left it somewhere. This family is so stupid.

Even at the time, I was hoping they were doing that. But no. It's the same with celebs and old social media accounts. They see one celeb getting caught for things they posted years ago, but they don't bother going through their own accounts. They deserve it when it comes back to bite them in the ass, but the people who voted for Biden, many who actually risked their own lives to vote, DO NOT DESERVE THIS (another trump presidency).

by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2024 1:41 PM

[quote] none of the Bidens were smart enough to go home and gotten rid of these files

That would not have been smart. It would have been criminal.

You’d have to be damn sure you got them all and no one else knew about them or what you did.

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2024 1:51 PM

Even if Biden could be replaced as a candidate, Newsom is not the candidate who will swing votes over from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2024 2:39 PM

We don’t need to swing voters from Trump. We need turnout.

by Anonymousreply 125February 9, 2024 2:48 PM

R41- Having a SENILE president definitely affects us.

by Anonymousreply 126February 9, 2024 3:14 PM

I don’t know why this is red tagged when it’s a legitimate concern. It happened and it’s going to happen again whether you want to bury your head in the sand or not.

When Biden was being propped up to run against Trump in 2020, the argument was that Biden going to be a one-term president because he was too old to run again. He just needed 4 years.

Well, now that rooster is coming home to roost and you’re all acting shocked.

And yes, of course I’ll vote for Biden as it’s all about the Supreme Court — not just stopping Trump.

by Anonymousreply 127February 9, 2024 3:27 PM

[quote] I don’t know why this is red tagged when it’s a legitimate concern

I don't see a red tag. Try adjusting your settings to asbestos eyes.

And credit to datalounge when credit is due. I'm both surprised and pleased this discussion has not been nuked. I guess with the Special Counsel's findings Joe's disability finally became too big to ignore or hide on this board.

by Anonymousreply 128February 9, 2024 3:40 PM

This OP has been posting anti-Biden threads non-stop. FU OP.

by Anonymousreply 129February 9, 2024 3:42 PM

Red tags are from Muriel who knows.

Grey-outs come from FFs by people who don’t like what you wrote.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 130February 9, 2024 3:52 PM

I meant greyed out, 130. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 131February 9, 2024 3:57 PM

R127, this thread, along with a bunch of others, was posted by the same Trumptard. I know because, in blocking him, I can’t see any of the thread titles. He doesn’t want legitimate conversation, he wants to stir up shit.

by Anonymousreply 132February 9, 2024 4:04 PM

It’s an election year. There will be Trumptards. Maggats, if you will. Just as there were Freepers and Tea Partiers.

You can’t will them away.

by Anonymousreply 133February 9, 2024 4:07 PM

[quote] This OP has been posting anti-Biden threads non-stop.

Let’s just all agree that if something said or done by Biden makes the news, then it’s a fair topic for discussion. That should keep it to legitimate issues.

by Anonymousreply 134February 9, 2024 5:32 PM

I find it unusual that everyone was saying that Nikki Haley LOST the Nevada Primary and that she got 30% of the vote against None Of The Above that got 60%. This was opposed to the shit show that was the RIGGED NV GOP CAUCUS. How come nobody is talking about Nikki Haley taking 30% of the Republican vote? Haley gave an opportunity for NEVER TRUMPERS to cast their vote. When Trump LOSES 30% of the Republican vote in an Easy-peasy cakewalk, people are missing the real story.

In the general Election, 30% of Republicans aren't voting for Trump. Same vote in New Hampshire.

Republicans for Biden will be as important as Democrats for Reagan were.

by Anonymousreply 135February 9, 2024 5:56 PM

President Trump Said Revolutionary War Troops 'Took Over the Airports' in His Fourth of July Speech in 2019 and it got almost no coverage.

Trump praised the Americans’ military efforts in the war against Great Britain. “Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory,”

He also confused the war of 1812 that involved Fort McHenry with the Revolutionary War. Crickets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2024 2:29 AM

Trump Thought America Doesn’t Know Abraham Lincoln Was a Republican

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137February 10, 2024 2:32 AM

Trump confused 9/11 with the convenience store '7/11'

Trump confused Dayton and Toledo after a mass shooting in Ohio

Trump demands investigation of the 'oranges' of Robert Mueller's probe

Trump claimed there would be 'one million eight hundred and seventy thousand million tests' for coronavirus

Trump said the US would have 'no cases' of COVID-19 'if we didn't do testing'

Trump praised the US Air Force — of 1775

Trump saluted those who 'sacrifice' for the 'furniture' of their children

Trump confused John Bolton and Michael Bolton

Trump referred to his vice president as 'Mike Pounds'

Trump referenced Americans of 'all walks of lice'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2024 2:43 AM

r138 it's too late to bail out a little water when the Titanic has already broken in half

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 10, 2024 2:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!