Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tyne Daly Drops Out of Broadway's 'Doubt' Days After Performances Begin Due to 'Unexpected Hospitalization'

Daly is "expected to make a full recovery," a press release said.

Tyne Daly will no longer be starring in the upcoming Broadway production of Doubt after experiencing an undisclosed health-related issue.

The 77-year-old Emmy Award-winning actress was set to star as Sister Aloysius in the revival of John Patrick Shanley’s Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning play Doubt: A Parable, directed by Tony Award nominee Scott Ellis.

The first preview performance on Feb. 2 was canceled. The second on Feb. 3 featured Tony nominee Isabel Keating as Sister Aloysius, who will star until Amy Ryan steps in on Feb. 13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 10, 2024 5:06 PM

A recent hospitalization has caused Daly to withdraw from the role of the principal who grows suspicious of a priest at an all-boys Catholic school in the Bronx.

The play also stars Liev Schreiber as Father Flynn, a priest who may be harboring a dark secret, Quincy Tyler Bernstine as Mrs. Muller, and Zoe Kazan as Sister James.

by Anonymousreply 1February 7, 2024 2:24 PM

Couldn't Cagney take over for her?

by Anonymousreply 2February 7, 2024 2:51 PM

This is my moment to shine!

by Anonymousreply 3February 7, 2024 3:41 PM

Is Tyne still in the hospital? Was this story created to cover the real reason she left?

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2024 11:46 AM

Was kinda cute in her day.

𝘚𝘪𝘤 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘢 𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘪

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2024 12:07 PM

To me, on Cagney and Lacey, Tyne was always the one who pinged.

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2024 12:21 PM

77? How old is the character supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2024 12:29 PM

I'm 42!

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2024 12:32 PM

77 and still working? I guess she didn't invest her Cagney & Lacey money wisely.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2024 12:35 PM

[quote]To me, on Cagney and Lacey, Tyne was always the one who pinged.

Well, Tyne and Tim’s dad John was gay, so…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2024 12:37 PM

Maybe she just likes to work, R9. Hal Linden is in his 90s and is still doing theater.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2024 12:38 PM

**That’s James, not John.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2024 12:38 PM

The afternoon of the first performance of previews I received an email saying that the performance was cancelled because of a covid case. If I recall correctly, the next performance was also cancelled but the Sunday performances took place without Tyne. As it turned out, she never returned to the cast. I saw it on February 21st. I was disappointed that Tyne wasn't in it, but the cast and show were excellent without her. I hope she's OK.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2024 12:39 PM

How much were the tickets?

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2024 1:13 PM

R14, $128 each total for 4th row center mezz.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2024 1:58 PM

Every dramatic role she does is the same. I can tell when Tyne is going to pause in a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 16March 10, 2024 5:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!