Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Miranda Richardson

I wish to see more of her. So why oh why can't I?

[quote]Ellis and Queenie initially led people to typecast her as an interpreter of the wantonly unhinged, an archetypal hysterical woman. It was a perception she grew to detest with a venom that, directed at journalists, led some to think this oddball actress might not have all the lights on in the attic. ("Don't hark on madness because I'm not mad and I don't really play mad characters," she rounded on one interviewer. She turned down the Glenn Close role in Fatal Attraction, calling it "crap".)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2024 10:31 PM

Miranda's greatest role

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 6, 2024 2:17 PM

Didn't she die in a ski accident?

by Anonymousreply 2February 6, 2024 2:19 PM

Fentanyl overdose.

by Anonymousreply 3February 6, 2024 2:21 PM

It doesn't matter how many leads she played, I always associate her with one of her smallest roles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 6, 2024 2:21 PM

She's no Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.

by Anonymousreply 5February 6, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote]Didn't she die in a ski accident?

That was Natasha Richardson

by Anonymousreply 6February 6, 2024 2:29 PM

Isnt she dead?

by Anonymousreply 7February 6, 2024 2:30 PM

Loved her as the evil stepmom witch in Sleepy Hollow as a kid. I see that she was the Duchess of Kent in Young Victoria, though I don't recall that very well. Her character was wonderful in Season 1 of Good Omens, but her character has been pretty boring in the second season (haven't' finished it myself).

by Anonymousreply 8February 6, 2024 2:45 PM

Superb in DANCE WITH A STRANGER & DAMAGE.

by Anonymousreply 9February 6, 2024 3:01 PM

I was confusing Natasha and Miranda too. Oopsy.

by Anonymousreply 10February 6, 2024 3:17 PM

You queens are slipping. She was in The Crying Game. It was a seminal performance.

by Anonymousreply 11February 6, 2024 3:58 PM

She went to shit and the hogs ate her.

by Anonymousreply 12February 6, 2024 4:04 PM

She made the best out of the horrible dialogue she was given in The Hours.

by Anonymousreply 13February 6, 2024 5:14 PM

Dance with...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 6, 2024 5:21 PM

She is a whore.

She is a nun.

Whorenun.

by Anonymousreply 15February 6, 2024 5:30 PM

She’s a darling, she’s a demon, she’s a lamb!

by Anonymousreply 16February 6, 2024 5:38 PM

She hit me in the head with a fondue pot.

by Anonymousreply 17February 6, 2024 5:39 PM

I thought it was Jaye Davidson who gave the seminal performance in The Crying Game.

by Anonymousreply 18February 6, 2024 5:40 PM

Jaye who, dear? Are you talking about that little gay boy who pretended to be a woman and then never did another movie? Diva couldn’t sustain.

by Anonymousreply 19February 6, 2024 6:11 PM

LOL R19. Funny enough, I only knew Jaye Davidson as the OG Ra in Stargate until just a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 20February 6, 2024 6:14 PM

She kicked my cat and called him a pussy!

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2024 7:42 PM

She's odd looking. Is she affectless in real life? She was good in Enchanted April and the BBC One version of And Then There Were None.

by Anonymousreply 22February 6, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote]That was Natasha Richardson

I always get her mixed up with her sister.

by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2024 8:08 PM

Who??

by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2024 8:14 PM

[quote]I always get her mixed up with her sister.

Joely Richardson?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2024 8:16 PM

[quote]Emma Thompson is the only English actress with a higher international profile at present, but some think Richardson is the more luminous talent. "Emma may be more acclaimed because she's more reassuring, less challenging," says one leading British film producer. "To me, that was the problem with The Remains of the Day [in which Thompson played a resignedly lovelorn housekeeper]. Miranda would have wanted to start a trade union on behalf of the character. Even with the same script, she would have signalled something that burst through all those cardboard period propositions about repression."

30 years ago men were still pitching women against each other.

by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2024 8:22 PM

“You should have killed yourself when you first realized. And then I would have been able to mourn.”

by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2024 8:44 PM

[R4] while throwing a dirty diaper in the trash "We try to be green but sometimes it's just not humanly possible!"

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2024 9:11 PM

Her big breakdown scene in Damage still gives me the chills. Brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2024 10:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!