Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Felicity Huffman takes a beating

Ouch! This was really savage. I guess when you fall from grace journalist take their gloves off.

Still I have no pity for her. Even in this interview she was given the opportunity to come clean and say what she did was wrong without any caveats but she passes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 8, 2024 10:44 PM

Since I know we're going to get comments on this, I'll bring it up now. Have at it, Boomers.

[quote]Mac, who uses the pronoun “judy”, tells me later over video-call from New York that the nature of Huffman’s crime is part of what makes her perfect for the role of Paige. “Her personal troubles are all about how afraid she was and how much she loved her child,” judy says. “And that’s exactly what Paige is going through.”

by Anonymousreply 1February 6, 2024 1:16 PM

Is this the same actress who appeared on Frasier as a bitchy business journalist at Frasier’s radio station?

If it is - she’s had a TON of work done to her face.

by Anonymousreply 2February 6, 2024 1:18 PM

Jesus Christ what an awful article. She’s so uncomfortable throughout. Why is she doing press? She had to have known the UK press would not hold back. They aren’t US press with obeisance to celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 3February 6, 2024 1:19 PM

Her facelift...

by Anonymousreply 4February 6, 2024 1:21 PM

For fuck sakes she wasn't public enemy number one.

by Anonymousreply 5February 6, 2024 1:22 PM

[quote]Her facelift...

It's like she tried to have Gillian Anderson's face installed.

by Anonymousreply 6February 6, 2024 1:23 PM

Everything about this woman, this article and this play is excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 7February 6, 2024 1:28 PM

Christ, what a beating she got in that article. We need so much more of this, I was laughing like a hyena throughout.

[quote]I am not in any way whitewashing what I did, but some people have been kind and compassionate – others have not

A brain dead non sequitur if ever saw one. She's perfect for this play.

by Anonymousreply 8February 6, 2024 1:29 PM

She cheated on her Advanced Replacement surgery.

by Anonymousreply 9February 6, 2024 1:29 PM

Uppity bitch

by Anonymousreply 10February 6, 2024 1:30 PM

I'm getting "refreshed Jerry Hall".

by Anonymousreply 11February 6, 2024 1:32 PM

She really needs to stop talking about it because she comes across as clueless and unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 12February 6, 2024 1:32 PM

Whenever I see her I think of “Stephen Colbert” calling her Felicity H. Muffman.

by Anonymousreply 13February 6, 2024 1:35 PM

[quote]but some people have been kind and compassionate. Others have not.

Put me in the "Not" category.

by Anonymousreply 14February 6, 2024 1:42 PM

She should have done what everybody else does: donate a couple of million for a new wing of the library. Or whatever. I fail to see what the issue is when the zillionaires do this all the time.

by Anonymousreply 15February 6, 2024 1:44 PM

She didn’t kill anyone but she did an unforgivable sin.

by Anonymousreply 16February 6, 2024 1:46 PM

See what happens to a Hollywood celeb who doesn't contribute to Biden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 6, 2024 1:48 PM

There truly is a difference between US celebrity interviews and British celebrity interviews. In the US, the interviewer would have gone on and on about how the scandal had helped her grow emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 18February 6, 2024 1:48 PM

I’ll take 20 Huffmans (Huffmen?) over a single Lori Laughlin. Huffman at least admits what she did.

by Anonymousreply 19February 6, 2024 1:50 PM

These parents did their average, talentless, daughter, completely disinterested in higher education, no favors. Deluded cunts.

by Anonymousreply 20February 6, 2024 1:50 PM

R17

HUFFMAN, FELICITY LOS ANGELES, 90024 NOT EMPLOYED NOT EMPLOYED 10-27-2020 $1,000 Joe Biden (D) Federal

by Anonymousreply 21February 6, 2024 1:55 PM

While I don't feel sorry for neither Lori Loughlin nor her, it's also true that they were used (alongside several coaches and minor-ranking employees) as scapegoats for the college admissions scandal, while the extremely wealthy and powerful investment bankers, CEOs of corporations and multi-millionaires who did the same, basically got off with a slap on the wrist and were barely mentioned at all.

This only goes to show that celebrities occupy the lowest rung in society's hierarchy of power, and when things go wrong and the corruption that has rotted our political and financial institutions to the core is exposed, they are the only ones to pay a significant price. And yes R15, you're completely right - these people were stupid and thought that they could get away with doing what most billionaires do, by paying lesser bribes.

by Anonymousreply 22February 6, 2024 1:59 PM

R22 Huh? I just looked up the scandal and 33 parents were charged as part of the conspiracy. Huffman and Loughlin were famous, yes, but the rest fit into your category of bankers/CEOS/millionaires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2024 2:02 PM

She is correct about the "Karen" phenomenon being used to tell half of humanity to shut up and sit down, but the answer to that probably isn't starring in a play that denies the existence / importance of sex.

by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2024 2:13 PM

She is entering her Joan Van Ark phase.

by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2024 2:16 PM

Speaking of Karens.....

A moment of celebration for the OG Karen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2024 2:20 PM

Not sure what happened. R113 was for another thread.

by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2024 2:21 PM

[quote] Why is she doing press? She had to have known the UK press would not hold back. They aren’t US press with obeisance to celebrities.

The play is in London so I'm guessing that she had to do it. I think doing publicity is typically in their contract.

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2024 2:25 PM

Fuck Mac, judy can go straight to hell. Pretentious little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2024 2:29 PM

[quote]She should have done what everybody else does: donate a couple of million for a new wing of the library. Or whatever. I fail to see what the issue is when the zillionaires do this all the time.

I also wonder about this. She paid $15,000 which is wayyy less than a couple of million and is still trying to work so do they have less money than you'd think they'd have?

by Anonymousreply 30February 6, 2024 2:30 PM

Judy is a name; not a pronoun, though I can applaud if it’s ironic. I suspect it isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2024 2:49 PM

Do not chastise her for loving her child.

by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2024 3:18 PM

[quote]Do not chastise her for loving her child.

I do, because it's uncivilized. And because it's false to the child's abilities.

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2024 3:20 PM

#TeamAlexandraBillings

by Anonymousreply 34February 6, 2024 3:24 PM

“Huffman recently said that she would have felt like a bad mother had she not done it.”

No, Felicity. This is something you say if your kid needs an organ transplant and you don’t test to see if you’re a match. In the context of the Varsity Blues scandal you come across as an entitled bitch raising an entitled bitch.

by Anonymousreply 35February 6, 2024 3:43 PM

Flounder Face

by Anonymousreply 36February 6, 2024 3:50 PM

I know she really wants to work again but a David Mamet play? She should be ashamed to work with that turncoat MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2024 3:51 PM

Love Alexandra Billings and hate that she got fucked over by the producers and then Felicity (not her fault) pretends it never happened, make her the asshole.

by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2024 3:54 PM

While it’s difficult to forgive her ethical lapse, she is a fine actress, given the right material. That said, I questioned her judgment even before Varsitygate—only because she has stood by Mamet. I worked with him briefly, prior to his MAGAT conversion, and even then, he was a narcissist and bully of the first order, not to mention a mediocre talent.

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2024 4:03 PM

The play sounds insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2024 4:27 PM

Ryan Gilbey is an appalling journalist.

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2024 4:32 PM

Her poor daughter ended up getting into the theater program at Carnegie Mellon on her own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2024 4:32 PM

She’s so embarrassing. Her doing her first interview on tv last year with her lawyer talking about all the poor POC in prison to somehow distract from what she did. Tard.

by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2024 4:34 PM

Enough already.

She served her time. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2024 4:41 PM

It’s not even West End. The Park is a fringe theatre.

by Anonymousreply 45February 6, 2024 4:45 PM

Alexandra Billings is prone to delusions and exaggeration. It’s hard to imagine Transamerica would’ve even been made without a name actor attached - even today, Alexandra Billings doesn’t bring any money to a project. It would’ve been a micro-budget film without a name actor.

by Anonymousreply 46February 6, 2024 4:49 PM

I mean, look at the fate suffered by Trace Lysette in Monica, despite having a supporting turn from Patricia Clarkson (who isn’t really a box office name anyway). Little to no distribution, small pockets of support from far corners of the industry. An Indie Spirit nomination. There’s not even a torrent of the film available. And this is nearly 20 years AFTER Transamerica.

by Anonymousreply 47February 6, 2024 4:52 PM

Since she's not doing anything (but this shitty play), why doesn't she try to atone for her sins by working with organizations that foster accessibility to higher education for underprivileged but talented students who don't have the same resources as her.

by Anonymousreply 48February 6, 2024 4:53 PM

Trace Lysette sounds like a truck driver when he speaks. So feminine.

And Alexandra Billings is batshit crazy and a nasty cunt. The cast and crew of Wicked on Broadway loathed her and were thrilled that she left ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 49February 6, 2024 4:56 PM

Whoopi said it well today. She messed up as all of us do. She went to jail, paid a fine, did community service and yet can't find a job yet half the country will vote for a 91 felony indicted crook for President.

by Anonymousreply 50February 6, 2024 5:00 PM

R47: I had never even heard of "Monica" (which proves your point), but I just watched the trailer & it looks really good. Thanks for mentioning it. It looks like it's available to rent on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 51February 6, 2024 5:05 PM

[quote] I had never even heard of "Monica"

LITERAL MURDER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 52February 6, 2024 5:06 PM

I know someone who knows her well. Rabid competitor, me-me-me Hollywood type with unstoppable ambition. In other words, the kind of girl DL loves.

by Anonymousreply 53February 6, 2024 5:07 PM

Despite what Whoopi says, Felicity did something truly despicable. Cheated so her daughter could get into college (thereby depriving a qualified student of the chance to study at the school). This sort of mentality ends up creating shitty third-world banana republics where everything is rigged in favor of the rich and the country never moves forward, or achieves its potential. Where there is no meritocracy, a country will be condemned to mediocrity. I'm thinking Brazil, Russia and so many others.

by Anonymousreply 54February 6, 2024 5:20 PM

It is amazing to me that an intelligent woman can have gone through all she's gone through and seemingly not be able to say I was wrong, I shouldn't have done it and then shut up. All this moaning about kindness. Fuck off, lady, you got caught breaking the law. Own it and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 55February 6, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote]Despite what Whoopi says, Felicity did something truly despicable.

No one died,, and she paid for it. Fuck off

by Anonymousreply 56February 6, 2024 7:05 PM

Frankly, it's Shameless how no one blamed her husband, I guess because we've seen him be such a loser for the past decade. Whaddya expect from him? But YOU, entitled, Karen, knew what you were doing.

by Anonymousreply 57February 6, 2024 7:11 PM

I had no idea David Mamet is a rabid Trumpet. Wtf?!

by Anonymousreply 58February 6, 2024 7:13 PM

I’m surprised that Flicka and Bill’s daughters aren’t ugly.

by Anonymousreply 59February 6, 2024 7:15 PM

Mamet's talent wasn't always mediocre, although it nosedived before his politics did.

by Anonymousreply 60February 6, 2024 7:26 PM

She probably bought them too, R59.

by Anonymousreply 61February 6, 2024 7:27 PM

[quote]She served her time. Move on.

Agreed. Plus, she probably took the fall for her husband as well.

People have done far, far worse things and had successful second acts. Stop acting like Huffman is public enemy No. 1.

Oh, and the Guardian is full of twats.

by Anonymousreply 62February 6, 2024 9:58 PM

[quote]Since I know we're going to get comments on this, I'll bring it up now. Have at it, Boomers.

You don't have to be a Boomer to know that using "judy" as a pronoun is revoltingly twee. I wish I could meet him and misgender him as "Pills."

by Anonymousreply 63February 6, 2024 10:02 PM

R55, that is precisely what o think. She must be clever enough to realize that at this stage, if she wants to have a career and do press interviews she is gonna be asked about the subject. She should say yes, i was wrong, done my time, am ashamed, it’s fine, let’s move on.

Instead she makes passive agressive comments and suggestions that question wether she actually feels any regret or done something wrong.

In any event she was very badly prepared and auto-sabotaged. It is fine to say you don’t remember something, but to qualify to maybe I forgot it happened as a joke seems like a defense in case evidence to contrary may be forthcoming.

And the Mamet as Trumpster thing was badly done as well. It is nor her fault and it is legitimate to have friends like that, but even that part was terribly handled.

by Anonymousreply 64February 6, 2024 10:10 PM

She's apologized multiple times and she's paid her debt to society. I think all of her answers here are fine with the exception of the estrogen joke, which was dumb. This article is such a fucking hatchet job, though, that goes out of its way to make her look bad for no good reason.

[quote] The auditorium is cold, which explains why she hasn’t removed her black scarf and dark grey wool coat, but the layers of clothing only heighten her barricaded air.

What kind of biased bullshit 9th grade writing is that?

by Anonymousreply 65February 6, 2024 10:19 PM

R53, that’s EVERYBODY in Hollywood. Really.

by Anonymousreply 66February 6, 2024 11:18 PM

R66 True, and that's especially everybody in Hollywood who's gotten anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 67February 6, 2024 11:23 PM

[quote] Whoopi said it well today. She messed up as all of us do. She went to jail, paid a fine, did community service and yet can't find a job yet half the country will vote for a 91 felony indicted crook for President.

Whoopi continues to make an ass out of herself. Did she ask if Felicity was “raped raped” in prison?

by Anonymousreply 68February 6, 2024 11:30 PM

My daughter fucked Jacob Elordi, so I win!

by Anonymousreply 69February 6, 2024 11:58 PM

I loved on the old Desperate Housewives behind-the-scenes drama threads when "Felicity" would post:

"I am not involved. I am currently eating a sensible lunch of yogurt and carrot sticks in my trailer."

"I am not involved. I am currently running my lines with my husband, the multi-award-winning actor William H. Macy."

by Anonymousreply 70February 7, 2024 12:56 AM

She also doesn’t need to work. It’s not the greatest injustice in the world if she is unable to work for the rest of her life. I’m sure there is another capable actor who can do we she does, but never had a big career just through chance. Maybe that person can take her roles.

by Anonymousreply 71February 7, 2024 1:07 AM

I'm sure she's dreaming of a return.

by Anonymousreply 72February 7, 2024 1:39 AM

R56, you are limited. Pursue education.

by Anonymousreply 73February 7, 2024 2:05 AM

Future Oscar winner...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 7, 2024 1:00 PM

[quote] My daughter BEARDS FOR Jacob Elordi, so I win!

FIXED.

by Anonymousreply 75February 7, 2024 1:36 PM

There's no way that her husband didn't know about it. I dislike her and her sense of entitlement but she took the fall for both of them. While Huffman is extremely unlikable, Lori Loughlin is a self-absorbed cunt who refused to admit wrongdoing or apologize for her behavior. She was so arrogant and entitled, she thought that if she hired the best lawyers that she would get off without taking any responsibility or getting any punishment. I doubt her time in jail has humbled her either.

by Anonymousreply 76February 7, 2024 1:41 PM

[quote]She also doesn’t need to work.

Are you her accountant?

by Anonymousreply 77February 7, 2024 2:01 PM

R49 I've heard things about that Wicked run. All I know is it didn't end well. Have not heard why.

by Anonymousreply 78February 7, 2024 2:26 PM

Billings looks like a stuntman in drag. Ugly. Does he have a five o’clock shadow?

by Anonymousreply 79February 7, 2024 3:19 PM

[quote]Frankly, it's Shameless how no one blamed her husband.

Ugh

by Anonymousreply 80February 7, 2024 3:41 PM

judy?

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 81February 7, 2024 4:12 PM

R77 she mentions having means in the interview. So, no, I’m not her accountant. Even if she didn’t menton it, she shouldn’t need to work unless she’s financially very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 82February 7, 2024 4:23 PM

She’s a cunt and he’s insufferable. She took the fall so he could continue filming Shameless.

by Anonymousreply 83February 7, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote]My daughter fucked Jacob Elordi, so I win!

Lori, honey, I heard a rumor that your daughter fucked the whole USC football team.

by Anonymousreply 84February 7, 2024 4:59 PM

[quote] I heard a rumor that your daughter fucked the whole USC football team.

Like mother like daughter!

by Anonymousreply 85February 7, 2024 6:52 PM

[quote] Felicity Huffman takes a beating

Is there video?

by Anonymousreply 86February 7, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote]Lori, honey, I heard a rumor that your daughter fucked the whole USC football team.

She was working her way through the JV squad but then had to withdraw her registration so unexpectedly.

by Anonymousreply 87February 7, 2024 8:28 PM

She made a boatload off of Housewives and her husband was the star of Shameless, which ran for 11 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 88February 8, 2024 10:58 AM

People really reacted to this because Felicity has always come across as smart and decent. She’s also quite talented and is, if not a top tier actress, relatively close. It was a surprise to people that she was just as much a grasping rich cunt like other Hollywood assholes.

I think she handled the initial part of this drama quite well. Apologized and took her lumps without complaining. Now, she’s struggling and feels like she should be allowed to come back to Hollywood and her career with fewer barriers then are being presented to her. She’s coming uncross as upset with people that they’re not being more lenient and it’s reading the wrong way. She also has a limited timeframe to work. She’s an older actress who was never very attractive to behind with and that’s a deathknell.

Unfortunately for her, there’s still a lot of sour feeling about her and what happened. It’s nearly impossible to separate what she did with her performances now. She needs to land a big tv role and convince us she’s relevant, but I don’t think the business is convinced she can do it. And stop doing press. Let the work speak for itself.

by Anonymousreply 89February 8, 2024 1:58 PM

Our society is harsher on women than men. It’s true.

by Anonymousreply 90February 8, 2024 4:15 PM

Martha Stewart made her comeback but she already has autonomy in her sphere. Felicity Huffman needs producers and studios to have faith in her.

by Anonymousreply 91February 8, 2024 5:19 PM

Good point R91. And Martha Stewart has s strong dgaf energy that is appealing.

by Anonymousreply 92February 8, 2024 5:30 PM

R89, while agreeing with a lot of what is in your post, I don’t know how much the character of Lynette from DH has been projected in the public view of Felicity Huffman (for better and for worse).

by Anonymousreply 93February 8, 2024 8:49 PM

I’m sorry that I got caught.

by Anonymousreply 94February 8, 2024 10:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!