Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jay-Z Eviscerates Grammys Over Snubbing Beyonce in Years Past While Onstage Accepting an Award

“I don’t want to embarrass this young lady, but she has more Grammys than everyone and never won Album of the Year. So even by your own metrics that doesn’t work. Think about that. The most Grammys. Never won Album of the Year. That doesn’t work,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300February 11, 2024 4:16 PM

Yes, Jay-Z, let's think about that. Could it be because she insists on getting a writing credit for any song on which she performs, even though she doesn't actually write (and I would wager she likely doesn't know how to hold a pencil).

Could it be because the Grammys now have so many ridiculous categories that everyone and anyone can get a Grammy for no reason whatsoever?

Could it be because she's the most overrated, overhyped singer in the past two decades?

Hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2024 3:27 AM

That phrase, "by your own metrics." I do not think it means what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2024 3:28 AM

The logical conclusion here is that she shouldn't have received those Grammys if she's not good enough to nab the Album of the Year, but he's too dumb to realise that.

She is to music what Kamala is to Biden – installed to the top for representation purposes, but there's ultimately no there there with either of them. They're relics from another era.

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2024 3:29 AM

Monkey/Camel man is funny.

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2024 3:38 AM

Well in those years that she released those albums, was her album the best album out of all the other albums that year? He seems to believe that "most Grammys = Grammys in every category" or he's retarded.

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2024 3:39 AM

At 42, it’s a bit of a stretch to refer to her as a young lady.

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2024 3:42 AM

Thiefoncé doesn’t even know how to read or write. No way she gets credit for any writing. The math ain’t mathing.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2024 3:44 AM

The cult of personality surrounding her is so obnoxious and offputting.

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2024 3:48 AM

The Will and Jada of the music industry. Not an ounce of class between the two of them.

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2024 3:48 AM

Suck it bitch!

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2024 3:51 AM

"Being billionaires isn't enough... WE WANT GRAMMYS!"

Guess who's never getting another Grammy? 🤨

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2024 3:54 AM

It’s never enough for THOSE people.

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2024 3:54 AM

And yet, Led Zeppelin have so, so few.

FUCK these entitled pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2024 4:01 AM

She is not entitled to shit.

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2024 4:04 AM

Can they at least make themselves USEFUL and register a shit ton of young voters, too?

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2024 4:05 AM

The daughter looked so uncomfortable up there with him.

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2024 4:54 AM

So the woman who has more Grammy Awards than anyone needs even more acclaim? Er...OK...

by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2024 5:00 AM

Maybe he stepped out on Bey again and he's afraid to get in the elevator with Solange.

by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2024 5:14 AM

R17, Beyonce has always been a mess of contradictions!

Remember she was singing about being an "Independent Woman" only a year after she released a song about men needing to pay her bills for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2024 5:16 AM

Beyonce steals music credits from the people who actually wrote the songs. The Grammys don’t respect her and will never give her album of the year.

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2024 5:19 AM

All of her output since Single Ladies has sucked. Her stans make a huge deal anytime she drops a new album but the music just isn’t that good and the songs don’t get much play.

by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2024 5:21 AM

When I adjust my car seat, the little car seat motor sounds exactly like the opening of “Crazy in Love”.

Then I have to drive around with that song stuck in my head all day!

by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2024 5:31 AM

You wanna know who also never won Album of the Year?

David Bowie

Prince

Bruce Springsteen

Now stop whining about your heavily-manufactured wife and have two seats, Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 23February 5, 2024 5:45 AM

He’s on the board of the Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2024 5:48 AM

Does he suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome?

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2024 5:48 AM

Beyonce worked hard to improve her shrill, off key voice. Her looks always did the heavy lifting.

by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2024 5:51 AM

Jay-Z = bigger cunt than Beyonce!

by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2024 6:03 AM

How come she's had work done and he hasn't? And you think he'd be the faithful one, with a face like that.

by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2024 8:02 AM

@r25, "Does he suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome? "

I don't know, does it cause narcissistic arrogance? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2024 8:10 AM

He’s just salty because his movie that debuted on MLK day flopped and lost 30 million dollars. He doesn’t think he or his wife get their due.

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2024 8:15 AM

^ Oh, Boo-hoo, give me a billion dollars and see if I care if I get my due

by Anonymousreply 31February 5, 2024 8:19 AM

ALWAYS with the victimhood mentality.

by Anonymousreply 32February 5, 2024 8:22 AM

Can't we export him to some shit hole country? Or island?

by Anonymousreply 33February 5, 2024 8:37 AM

[quote]Well in those years that she released those albums, was her album the best album out of all the other albums that year? He seems to believe that "most Grammys = Grammys in every category" or he's retarded.

Yes, her Renaissance album hands down is better than anything Harry Styles could put down on vinyl. I have enjoyed Beyonce over the years, but that album I can listen to from beginning to end over and over again. And she gives credit where credit it is due to a lot of legendary gay music icons, major and obscure. Unlike Madonna, she didn't steal from black gay culture and ride it to the top, making herself the face of it. She references every Gay House, and claims herself as the mother of her own. Her musical references on the album range from well known to quite obscure to the point I had to look up the history of some of the samples. She shines a light on a lot of artist who deserved credit for their work but never got it. And she credits them all. It is a very well done album. It deserved to win Album of the Year compared to what it was up against.

She references almost everyone and its like an aural history of gay dance music over the last three decades - dedicated to her deceased gay uncle. I am surprised at the vitriol it has received from the queens on here. It really is a LOVE letter.

by Anonymousreply 34February 5, 2024 8:56 AM

^ WTF? 😳

by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2024 9:07 AM

I remember being little young galling at NYU and going to the Palladium one weekend. Kevin Aviance was performing DinDaDa and Cunty. I remember being blown away by his energy and command of the stage. Cunty was such a cool track. So we are talking almost 30 years ago, 1996. Kevin Aviance like most new York City night life legends (his starring moment was appearing in Madonna's Secret Video) faded into obscurity, eventually moving out of the city.

So imagine my surprise when a major star like Beyonce opens up one of her songs with his voice, and his song all these years later. I am sure his head was blown off by it.

by Anonymousreply 36February 5, 2024 9:07 AM

Misplaced the link....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 5, 2024 9:08 AM

These ridiculously entitled, insanely wealthy asshats must get over themselves. Oh why oh why ... poor me, poor us! Not enough awards. Fukdatshit.

by Anonymousreply 38February 5, 2024 9:13 AM

"You wanna know who also never won Album of the Year? David Bowie, Prince, Bruce Springsteen. Now stop whining about your heavily-manufactured wife and have two seats, Shawn."

All equal travesties. And the fact that Taylor Swift has four makes it even more disgusting. Time will tell, as it has, who are the true artists that moved the needle on the cultural spectrum. If Jay-Z was smart he wouldn't have said anything, maybe not even show up. And let the Grammies whither on the vine instead of breathing more life into their waning importance.

There is not one single Taylor Swift song that has capture the nation's attention for more than ten minutes, and that's with it being forced down our throats. The fact that, whether you love her or hate her, people on here are still referencing songs that Beyonce released 20 years ago to make points shows you the difference between the two artist. Taylor Swift will be known 20 years from now, for sure. But can anyone name a single song of hers that had any impact on your life, good or bad, in any way? I doubt it. That is not an artist.

by Anonymousreply 39February 5, 2024 9:21 AM

[quote]Does he suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome?

More like Fecal Alcohol syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 40February 5, 2024 9:26 AM

Oh for crissakes. Kevin Aviance is a legend of NYC clubbing and it would take any pop star (or pop star's assistant) nowadays, looking to steal a little cred from old clubbing history, exactly 2 minutes to whip of a list of old ditties to sample.

BIG FUCKING DEAL Beyoncé samples Aviance. Le snore.

by Anonymousreply 41February 5, 2024 9:27 AM

Young lady?

Bitch is pushing 50!

by Anonymousreply 42February 5, 2024 9:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 5, 2024 9:34 AM

Think how we feel??

by Anonymousreply 44February 5, 2024 9:43 AM

Meanwhile, Jay Zzzzz has won The Ugliest Man Alive Award for 54 years in a roll!👏👏👏👏👏👏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 5, 2024 9:46 AM

I mean..."Based on the metrics" is probably why she's never won it.

by Anonymousreply 46February 5, 2024 9:49 AM

Jean-Michel Basquiat's zombie cadaver called. It wants its cool artboy hairdo back.

by Anonymousreply 47February 5, 2024 9:52 AM

Her Lemonade (while I didn't listen to it) was more of a cultural touchstone and more daring than Adele's sequel to 21.

by Anonymousreply 48February 5, 2024 9:54 AM

R48 Oh, BY FAR. Adele hasn't had a good record since her second one. Taylor Swift's latest record is lackluster at best. Beyonce's records are cultural phenoms but that doesn't mean she deserves EVERY award. The Grammys have nobody but themselves to blame for this kind of greed. Allowing one artist to sweep the entire night has led to undeserved expectations. Give other artists some recognition.

by Anonymousreply 49February 5, 2024 10:08 AM

What was Beyonce's last great popular song?

by Anonymousreply 50February 5, 2024 10:15 AM

The Grammy's, for all its faults, still appreciates song writing, sometimes. Even if it's milquetoast songwriting. Taylor Swift sings songs. Not my taste but zillions of bland people love them. Beyoncé's "creative" teams sold her down the river years ago with the absence of songs in her discography. You can't win Album of the year with one programmed, tuneless ditty after another, slapped together and called an ALBUM OF GREAT CULTURAL AND POLITICAL IMPORTANCE. If you fall for that, seek an education, dumb fucks.

by Anonymousreply 51February 5, 2024 10:25 AM

R50 "Cuff it"--get it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 5, 2024 10:26 AM

I give her respect for eschewing safety by putting out much edgier material than perhaps people expected from her. She could have continued the safe route of putting out pop records where she had lots of success in the 2000s

by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2024 10:58 AM

No one gives a shit about grammies anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw an awards show and the grammies are bottom of the list.

by Anonymousreply 54February 5, 2024 11:09 AM

With a face like that he's got to be hung like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 55February 5, 2024 11:15 AM

Now he wants awards for his daughter too. Go away ugly man.

by Anonymousreply 56February 5, 2024 11:17 AM

The crazy part is winning all those Grammy Awards isn’t enough!

by Anonymousreply 57February 5, 2024 11:22 AM

The room got pretty quiet when Jay-Z started shilling for Beyonce.

It was like a collective "Not this bullshit again" reaction from everyone in attendance.

by Anonymousreply 58February 5, 2024 11:32 AM

I'm not a huge Bey fan. I genuinely prefer Solange's music.

That said, I believe Beyoncé is VERY talented.

Overall, she puts on a much better show than Taylor Swift, & I write that as someone who isn't a huge Swiftie fan, either.

As an aside, their daughter Blue Ivy looked absolutely beautiful on stage with her dad.

by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2024 11:38 AM

His tirade was more offensive than Will Smith punching Chris Rock.

by Anonymousreply 60February 5, 2024 11:39 AM

Is this a black machismo thing? Showy public defense of their wives? They come off as cucks.

by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2024 11:49 AM

Who cares what phony-boojie-ultra-rich dirtbag has to say about his business-partner wife.

Graspy, greedy, and snagglefaced.

by Anonymousreply 62February 5, 2024 11:52 AM

If I were Beyonce I would be ticked he put me in an awkward situation.

by Anonymousreply 63February 5, 2024 11:53 AM

She should have won for Lemonade. Adele didn’t deserve that

by Anonymousreply 64February 5, 2024 12:06 PM

That acceptance speech was nasty and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 65February 5, 2024 12:12 PM

The age of narcissism is out of control. The whole conversation around the show this year is just this and that fandom (or the celebs themselves) bitching and whining about not getting the win like it's fantasy sports. No grace or gratitude from the public or the stars.

by Anonymousreply 66February 5, 2024 12:19 PM

I'm so sick of black people at awards shows.

by Anonymousreply 67February 5, 2024 12:20 PM

[quote]If I were Beyonce I would be ticked he put me in an awkward situation.

Oh, I bet she was MORTIFIED.

It's sweet that he wants to stand up for his wife, but it's not worth embarrassing her and Blue Ivy like that.

Besides, the Grammys are wack. Remember the year Norah "Whispercoo" Jones won dozens?

by Anonymousreply 68February 5, 2024 12:50 PM

Who needs Kanye West to ruin a Grammy Awards Show when we have Jay-Z?

by Anonymousreply 69February 5, 2024 12:52 PM

[quote]Oh for crissakes. Kevin Aviance is a legend of NYC clubbing and it would take any pop star (or pop star's assistant) nowadays, looking to steal a little cred from old clubbing history, exactly 2 minutes to whip of a list of old ditties to sample.

Anyone could have done it. But no one had r41, THAT is the point. And it's not JUST Kevin Aviance. You have people like Moi Renee (RIP) who recored Miss Honey in 1992 which Beyonce samples too. The POINT is her shedding her massive worldwide light on these legendary often over-looked (mostly black) gay artist who had drifted into obscurity. And as Kevin Aviance points out, he has an entirely new young audience now when he preforms that weren't even born when he released Cunty. Anyone could have done it, but absolutely no one on Beyonce level deigned to do so. She did, and she did it for the purpose of exposing the world to these artist.

What other artist is introducing the entire world to all of the Gay Houses by name for people to discover - and NOT just taking their moves, their sound and calling it their own (VOGUE). I love how Beyonce uses Vogue for her remix of Break My Soul and then corrects the tragedy of not giving credit where credit is due by naming every fucking single Gay House that gave birth to this genre of music. That is an artist with a message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 5, 2024 12:55 PM

Tacky. JFC. They are entitled POS.

by Anonymousreply 71February 5, 2024 1:02 PM

R34 is just a bunch of nonsense. Beyoncé hasn’t been relevant to gay men or the general public since the aughts with Single Ladies. She briefly was at the top, and since then it’s been a long slow slide into irrelevance. No one but her Trump like fans care about Lemonade or Renaissance or whatever the fuck. Gay houses, blah blah blah, spare me. She matters to a small coterie of downlows. She certainly has zero relevance to the ballroom community, despite her craven and desperate attempts to appeal to that community through a couple of dancer hires and Bob the drag queen 🙄 on this last truncated tour.

by Anonymousreply 72February 5, 2024 1:03 PM

Keep your Autotune out of my wife's mouth!

by Anonymousreply 73February 5, 2024 1:04 PM

The Grammy awards are given to people for making good music, not to people for raising awareness of obscure black, gay club acts.

Let GLAAD give awards for awareness raising.

by Anonymousreply 74February 5, 2024 1:05 PM

[quote] I'm not a huge Bey fan. I genuinely prefer Solange's music.

This is so much more annoying than saying you’re just an irritating Beyoncé stan. No one gives a crap about Beyonce, but people REALLY don’t give a single shit about her talentless sister who’s most famous for beating on her fugly husband in an elevator.

by Anonymousreply 75February 5, 2024 1:07 PM

Madonna took from a black sub-gay culture introduced it to the world as her own and everyone had to dig deeper to discover it's roots if they were so inclined. Beyonce is not guilty of doing the same thing with her samples. She lets you know their sources and gives the artist she samples major boots economically, if they are still around.

Below she uses Madonna's Vogue in her remix then at the end (minute 4) corrects Madonna's mistake of not giving credit to all of the Houses that created the genre Madonna plundered to great success. It's a little shade, yes. Beyonce also takes the entire list of all White Stars that Madonna used and reimagines them as all black female recording artist that have inspired her - both great and small. She mentions everyone from Sade to Santi Gold (who I love). When is a star mentioning someone as obscure as Santi Gold?

Yet white gays hate her. She produced this album, she didn't just show up to record her vocals. Everything was very very intentional and chosen by her. So yes, it should have won album of the year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 5, 2024 1:13 PM

R76- all that and you don't talk about if the MUSIC is any good. That song is soulless crap.

by Anonymousreply 77February 5, 2024 1:19 PM

[quote]As an aside, their daughter Blue Ivy looked absolutely beautiful on stage with her dad.

If you want to look "absolutely beautiful", stand next to Jay Z.

by Anonymousreply 78February 5, 2024 1:22 PM

This woman has over 30 (mostly undeserved) Grammys, and her husband is still complaining and screaming RACISM? Clown, STFU!

by Anonymousreply 79February 5, 2024 1:24 PM

The music IS good, actually R77. Like I said, I liked songs from Beyonce and Lemonade, but they weren't albums I would return to over and over again. This album I can put on from beginning to end and listen to all of it. It flows. I've never been to a Beyonce concert and I haven't bought a Beyonce song, well since I haven't had to with streaming. But this is a good album and it references a lot of music that I used to love, elevating and introducing it to a new audience. It's a great album.

[quote]The Grammy awards are given to people for making good music, not to people for raising awareness of obscure black, gay club acts.

Taylor Swift ISN'T well produced music. There is not one song of hers you can point to and say, wow that's good. I mean for fuck sake, I like Demi Lovato's hyper-produced, over-produced, Cool for the Summer when I am the mood for high carb music better than anything Taylor has done.

by Anonymousreply 80February 5, 2024 1:30 PM

Thanks for bringing up Vogue which shits on any Beyonce song and should have won Record and Song of the year.

by Anonymousreply 81February 5, 2024 1:30 PM

After his drunk posting over the weekend, PeeCake is awfully quiet.

by Anonymousreply 82February 5, 2024 1:34 PM

R81 Vogue is American Cultural appropriation at its finest. It shits on everything that ever allowed it to exist by not giving credit to any of it - not a single mention in the entire song. I mean I guess she mentions "Life's a Ball..."

by Anonymousreply 83February 5, 2024 1:35 PM

Did Kanye put him up to this?

by Anonymousreply 84February 5, 2024 1:36 PM

And Lemonade is fruitural appropriation.

by Anonymousreply 85February 5, 2024 1:37 PM

His sheer ENTITLEMENT is off the scale. They can both FUCK RIGHT OFF. Talentless hacks in the first place, only in it for the accolades and publicity whoring.

by Anonymousreply 86February 5, 2024 1:39 PM

If she'd never won a Grammy or been consistently overlooked then his administered might be justified to a degree but she's won so many times. Poor Mariah only has 5

by Anonymousreply 87February 5, 2024 1:45 PM

*annoyance

by Anonymousreply 88February 5, 2024 1:46 PM

Bitch never won an Oscar neither

by Anonymousreply 89February 5, 2024 1:48 PM

Etta James has 4.

Think about that, Jay Zzzz.

by Anonymousreply 90February 5, 2024 1:48 PM

He just wants her to win album of the year so we as a nation finally can put slavery and the Civil War behind us.

Always thinking of the big picture and the general good, that J-Zee.

by Anonymousreply 91February 5, 2024 1:49 PM

Pop music sucks now. I quit listening to the radio years ago to spare myself.

by Anonymousreply 92February 5, 2024 1:51 PM

Is Beyonce even black?

by Anonymousreply 93February 5, 2024 1:52 PM

Remember when this fool was selling Occupy Wall Street T Shirts? He's an embarrassment!

by Anonymousreply 94February 5, 2024 1:53 PM

Has Rev. Al Sharpton commented on this travesty of justice yet?

by Anonymousreply 95February 5, 2024 1:54 PM

[quote][R81] Vogue is American Cultural appropriation

So is Treeoncey's hair.

by Anonymousreply 96February 5, 2024 1:54 PM

Where's the GoFundMe?

by Anonymousreply 97February 5, 2024 1:55 PM

Beyonce determined to destroy the remaining vestiges of her good girl image by getting the old baps out at R76

by Anonymousreply 98February 5, 2024 1:55 PM

Will Bey win all the Grammys next year since Jay-Z has given the academy a guilt trip?

by Anonymousreply 99February 5, 2024 1:57 PM

My wife is not an EGOT, either!

Outrageous!

by Anonymousreply 100February 5, 2024 1:58 PM

Was Beyoncé’s hat from The Dale Evans Collection?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101February 5, 2024 2:02 PM

No R101 she was paying homage to Helen Mirren in Yellowstone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 5, 2024 2:05 PM

The real outrage is that she has never won the Nobel Peace Prize.

by Anonymousreply 103February 5, 2024 2:07 PM

What assholes. always complaining. - how very maga of them.

by Anonymousreply 104February 5, 2024 2:29 PM

Their ugly huge nosed kid is always glued to them at every awards show as they make a scene. MAGA!

by Anonymousreply 105February 5, 2024 2:31 PM

To the poster who keeps saying Taylor has never had a huge song, what planet are you on? Love Story, Shake It Off, You Belong with Me, Bad Blood, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together , etc. Taylor is also an underrated songwriter. I'd put her All Too Well up against any Beyonce song. Taylor gets a lot of hate because she's white and Americana; she'd be sanctified if she were black. If Beyonce were white, she'd be seen as calculated and overrated. Also, trying to minimize Madonna's support of gays while elevating Beyonce's is wrong. Beyonce has one song where she mentions ballrooms. Madonna was the artist at the forefront of pushing for acceptance of gays during a time where it earned her tremendous backlash. Madonna spoke up for gay rights. Beyonce is younger but that heifer never spoke up for any gay rights in the years prior to gay marriage being legal.

by Anonymousreply 106February 5, 2024 2:35 PM

So sick of these narcissistic pop stars and their obsession with these plastic trophies. This awards show has truly become a joke at this point.

by Anonymousreply 107February 5, 2024 2:37 PM

Blue Ivy is the new Bobbi Kristina.

by Anonymousreply 108February 5, 2024 2:39 PM

No graciousness.

by Anonymousreply 109February 5, 2024 2:40 PM

[quote]Yet white gays hate her.

You've obviously never been to a Beyonce concert.

by Anonymousreply 110February 5, 2024 2:41 PM

Streisand adores her.

by Anonymousreply 111February 5, 2024 2:44 PM

R25 he duffers from ninja entitlement

by Anonymousreply 112February 5, 2024 2:56 PM

He has the voice of a cartoon - it’s like wimpy guy voice

by Anonymousreply 113February 5, 2024 2:56 PM

More to the point, someone as ugly as Jay-Zed shouldn’t be procreating.

by Anonymousreply 114February 5, 2024 2:59 PM

It’s funny how certain individuals feel entitled to these awards.

by Anonymousreply 115February 5, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote]Blue Ivy is the new Bobbi Kristina

Whitney and Bobby never shoved BK down our throats while grooming her to become Whitney's "heir".

I've seen clips of Blue "performing" at Beyonce's latest tour; robotic and soulless. I get it, she's 12. Michael Jackson started out even younger, but it was apparent that he had tons of talent and was the true star of the family. They can throw all the best stylists, trendy costumes, and glam photoshoots they can afford at Blue, it won't stop folks from seeing that she has zero star quality.

by Anonymousreply 116February 5, 2024 3:28 PM

Ah, sit down and shut the fuck up, Jada

by Anonymousreply 117February 5, 2024 3:31 PM

I don't follow his logic. Even if you are of the opinion Beyonce deserved all her other Grammys, they are in such disparate categories you can't say it's evidence she ever made the "Album Of The Year".

by Anonymousreply 118February 5, 2024 3:33 PM

The Recording Academy likes to reward artists who can "do it all" - singing, dancing and writing - without much help.

Beyonce can only do one of those things.

by Anonymousreply 119February 5, 2024 3:39 PM

[quote]Madonna was the artist at the forefront of pushing for acceptance of gays during a time where it earned her tremendous backlash

Tremendous backlash isnt accurate at all. She used gay men to create controversy, which she adored, as much as she advocated for the community. Her career did not suffer at all for doing so.

by Anonymousreply 120February 5, 2024 3:49 PM

He wasn't just being a dick to the Grammy people, he was throwing shade on other nominees. He should issue an apology but I'm not holding my breath. Poor Beyonce the victim. Tsk tsk, what a joke.

by Anonymousreply 121February 5, 2024 3:50 PM

“Whitney and Bobby never shoved BK down our throats while grooming her to become Whitney's "heir".”

They didn’t, R116?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 5, 2024 3:56 PM

R120 wrong. Her album sales did drop once she started pushing boundaries. It turned off a lot of her teenage fans. Yes, the controversey provided attention, but it was the late 80s/early 90s - what other major pop star was speakinb up for gays? The controversy was there befause it was actually controversial at that time.

by Anonymousreply 123February 5, 2024 4:01 PM

Here’s an inconvenient truth about the Grammys that I know some will take issue with; the awards process itself, if not the organization, has become extremely black/afro-centric. You see it in the predominant awards, the fact Beyoncé has had 32 of the things, even in the awards show acts themselves. You can watch the faces of the R&B, hip-hop, rap and soul performers in the audience anytime a non-black act is on the stage. Many black Americans are in perpetual competition with non-black people and that carries over to entertainment award shows. They see only race and numbers. “You got THAT many and I/she/they didn’t because they’re black.” Any black winner receives rapturous applauds and standing ovations. It’s a field competition for them, with the primary goal of beating the non-black performers. You barely see a country, bluegrass or classical music act at the Grammys without a black or hip-hop or soul accompaniment. Add to that people like Kanye West, Jay Z, Will Smith, black actors on the acting side of the awards circuit, raising constant hell when they or there brethren don’t win. None of these awards are based in grace or class anymore. The street people have taken over the narrative. There is no friendly competition or graciousness from the general black performer when they lose out on an award to someone who is not black. The backlash is always immediate, the award winners, when they aren’t black, receive grouses and scowls if not outright disruption at the awards events themselves. (See Kanye West/Taylor Swift, JayZ et al.)

It’s something that we aren’t really allowed to talk about in the open but sadly, it’s very true. The American black community, particularly among the younger generations is rooted in anger and racism toward Caucasian and Asian people, and awards shows exemplify a microcosm of that. They are so adamant and non-relenting in it that we have begun to see bizarre rules like requirements on how many “minorities” (I.e. African Americans) must be included in television and film productions, etc.

Until the entertainment industry once again has a backbone, it’s only going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 124February 5, 2024 4:07 PM

Jay-Zed had to do it himself because Ye was barred from the stage.

And his calling La Wife a "young lady" when she's 42 is getting into Will Smith coverup territory. Just how rotten IS that relationship?

by Anonymousreply 125February 5, 2024 4:09 PM

There’s really no point in having awards if the biggest names in the industry get to tell the voters who should be winning.

by Anonymousreply 126February 5, 2024 4:10 PM

NYT comments are up for those wanting to sound off

by Anonymousreply 127February 5, 2024 4:10 PM

Wasn’t Jay-Z referring to his daughter as the “young lady”? He said something like, “I don’t want to embarrass this young lady”.

Either way, it doesn’t matter what young lady he was referring to. He was still a crass asshole. It’s amazing that with all the fame, money and awards these people have already received, they’re still going to bitch and bitch and bitch.

by Anonymousreply 128February 5, 2024 4:19 PM

R123 Madge's sales fell during her Erotica and Bedtime Stories eras when she did her sex book and turned off fans. She still had hits but her albums weren't well received. That had nothing to do with supporting the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 129February 5, 2024 4:22 PM

[quote]They can throw all the best stylists, trendy costumes, and glam photoshoots they can afford at Blue, it won't stop folks from seeing that she has zero star quality.

Blue needs a full face rebuild first.

by Anonymousreply 130February 5, 2024 4:39 PM

MATHING FRIENDS

People on Reddit are irate that just 11 Black artists have won Best Album ever, yet Stevie Wonder won 3x in 4 years and that is not mentioned.

There is such pessimism around race lately that it seems we’re going backward. In this interest of being less pessimist, consider this view:

If Black artists won15 of 64 Best Albums starting in 1959

That makes 15 Black wins, 49 non-Black wins

That’s ~ 23% Best Album Grammy wins for a group that is roughly 13% of the population.

People have varied tastes in music, pop artists really have to be exceptional to carry interest through a whole album, so just being famous or having songs that win does not mean the album will.

by Anonymousreply 131February 5, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote Madge's sales fell during her Erotica and Bedtime Stories eras when she did her sex book and turned off fans. She still had hits but her albums weren't well received.

Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 132February 5, 2024 4:47 PM

Forever the victims.

by Anonymousreply 133February 5, 2024 4:48 PM

*less pessimistic

by Anonymousreply 134February 5, 2024 4:48 PM

Beyonce's 'music' is a product crafted by an ever-revolving team or producers. It is no secret that she is as dumb as a box of hair. There is no doubt that she is a hard worker and a talented performer. But there are no gears working behind those empty eyes, no soul upon which this music is drawn. She does what she is told. Jay-Z isn't mad Beyonce did not get the AOTY award, he is mad that his product did not get the award. He can throw his fit, but it is not going to change the fact that Beyonce is now old, her latest albums have no mainstream hits, and her concert attendance #s are on the slide.

by Anonymousreply 135February 5, 2024 4:56 PM

For the ENTIRE DIATRIBE at R124 Jay-Z said NOTHING, NOTHING about race. Thank you very much. He was talking about his wife and her talent, as he sees it.

The fact that you see a black man talking about his wife and assume it's about race is the very problem, if you get my drift.

by Anonymousreply 136February 5, 2024 5:00 PM

R132 I specifically me ruined Erotica and Bedtime Stories as her low sellers during a period when she wasn't as popular. Her downturn had little to nothing to do with her support of gay people.

by Anonymousreply 137February 5, 2024 5:00 PM

Yes, lets keep the peasants arguing about race while the billionaire record companies rake in the cash... Perfect, everything is going to plan

by Anonymousreply 138February 5, 2024 5:08 PM

Jay Z: "You know I - thug em, f**k em, love em, leave em / Cause I don't f**kin need em / Take em out the hood, keep em lookin good / But I don't f**kin feed em / First time they fuss I'm breezin / Talkin bout, 'What's the reasons?' / I'm a pimp in every sense of the word, bitch."

by Anonymousreply 139February 5, 2024 5:11 PM

Madonna downfall started happening when she insisted on showing her vagina and tiny nipples when such things were not in vogue yet for major artists.

by Anonymousreply 140February 5, 2024 5:12 PM

For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Career Suicide When Thirty Two Grammys Ain't Enuf

by Anonymousreply 141February 5, 2024 5:18 PM

[quote]Jay Z: "You know I - thug em, f**k em, love em, leave em / Cause I don't f**kin need em / Take em out the hood, keep em lookin good / But I don't f**kin feed em / First time they fuss I'm breezin / Talkin bout, 'What's the reasons?' / I'm a pimp in every sense of the word, bitch."

Don't you just love the beauty of the English language?

by Anonymousreply 142February 5, 2024 5:44 PM

[quote]They can throw all the best stylists, trendy costumes, and glam photoshoots they can afford at Blue, it won't stop folks from seeing that she has zero star quality.

I like Blue.

by Anonymousreply 143February 5, 2024 5:49 PM

Show some respect, Jay Z; if not for the industry, your wife and yourself, how about displaying regard for your pre-teen daughter by your side? A modest example of model parenting instead of grandiosity was needed last night. Disgraceful

That poor child must feel so humiliated this morning!

by Anonymousreply 144February 5, 2024 6:32 PM

We like her behind the jewelry counter, not in front.

by Anonymousreply 145February 5, 2024 6:41 PM

Jay-Z's got a hell of a lot of nerve bitching and moaning about the overrated and over-rewarded "Mrs. Carter" never winning AotY, after the hugely deserving, but alas low-key Tracey Chapman's performance.

Just because you're a so-called "Diva" doesn't mean you're entitled an award celebrating artistry in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 146February 5, 2024 7:01 PM

Can someone explain to me how Tracey Chapman won song of the year at the Country Music Awards 30 years after its release?

by Anonymousreply 147February 5, 2024 7:16 PM

It fell flat because no one felt sorry for Beyonce. She already has dozens of Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 148February 5, 2024 7:17 PM

JayZ, Beyonce, her mother Ms. Tina and soon Blue Ivy are intolerable. Wild success, $$$, and the BeyHive fans are not enough for them. Beyonce is an entertainer, with a pretty face and a good voice. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 149February 5, 2024 7:36 PM

[quote]Can someone explain to me how Tracey Chapman won song of the year at the Country Music Awards 30 years after its release?

Luke Combs’ cover of it was a big country hit this year, and Tracey Chapman is the songwriter.

by Anonymousreply 150February 5, 2024 7:40 PM

I'm very surprised that Beyonce has outsold Madonna. She's outsold Whitney, Janet, Celine and Barbra, as well.

Female artists with the most eligible certifications in RIAA HISTORY:

1. taylor swift — 390m

2. rihanna — 347.05m

3. nicki minaj — 293.06m

4. beyoncé — 239.63m

5. ariana grande — 220m

by Anonymousreply 151February 5, 2024 7:53 PM

R151 Madonna is certified by Guinness with over 400 million sold which is the MOST by a. FEMALE. Madonna has tens of million of UNCERTIFIED music. Her certifications are decades old. Most of those listed at 1-5 aren’t sales, but streaming which is absolute BS to count as sales. They know ppl won’t buy this shit nowadays so they count listening to music as a sale. Imagine if they mathematically applied an equation to see what Madonna, Whitney, Janet, Celine would have “sold” if listening could be added to their actual sales. Madonna would be in the billions.

by Anonymousreply 152February 5, 2024 9:45 PM

[quote] Beyonce's 'music' is a product crafted by an ever-revolving team or producers. It is no secret that she is as dumb as a box of hair. There is no doubt that she is a hard worker and a talented performer. But there are no gears working behind those empty eyes, no soul upon which this music is drawn.

This really sums up everything I’ve ever felt about the woman. She’s rather vacant. The lights are on but nobody is home. No passion, no real personality, and her music is horribly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 153February 5, 2024 10:06 PM

R152 you forgot about Mariah

by Anonymousreply 154February 5, 2024 10:07 PM

Mariah is the most overrated of them all. It is common knowledge she, or Sony via Mottola, engaged in massive payola. It is common knowledge Billboard had to change their rules because of her chart manipulation such as when her singles were flopping she would discount them to 49 cents then they’d suddenly shoot to #1. No other artist did that.

by Anonymousreply 155February 5, 2024 10:21 PM

R135 Eh that’s not true.

Beyonce pieces together music.

People talk about multiple writers.

So for example the chorus for “Hold Up” was written by Diplo and Ezra from Vampire Weekend. So this 30 seconds alone is a music sample from an Andy Williams song “Can’t Get Used to Losing You” that has 2 writers and Ezra reinterpreted “Maps” by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs so that’s an additional 3 writers plus Ezra and Dipolo.

So that 30 seconds has 7 writers.

Now singer MNEK said that Beyonce gave him a full instrumental demo she has a producer make from it and he wrote a full song to it. She only used 3 lines from his demo.

Father John Misty wrote the first verse.

She pieces songs together like a puzzle. This idea that she just records reference demos today is mostly false. She doesn’t write but she crafts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 5, 2024 10:23 PM

R156 She doesn’t have the brain cells. She has never displayed, verbally, a wit of intelligence.

by Anonymousreply 157February 5, 2024 10:28 PM

Well, why hasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 158February 5, 2024 10:29 PM

R157 I don’t know what your point is. That she’s incapable of what I just said?

You believe she’s like a Britney Spears or Rihanna who just shows up, records, and goes home and has little input in any of the music / imagery / etc?

by Anonymousreply 159February 5, 2024 10:34 PM

[quote] Imagine if they mathematically applied an equation to see what Madonna, Whitney, Janet, Celine would have “sold” if listening could be added to their actual sales.

Well, maybe not Janet.

by Anonymousreply 160February 5, 2024 10:34 PM

Beyonce's talent consists of serving face, walking on beat, and flipping her weave.

by Anonymousreply 161February 5, 2024 10:48 PM

They’re both hogs. Bey has more Grammys than any other human being and it’s still not enough.

by Anonymousreply 162February 5, 2024 10:54 PM

R159 basically

by Anonymousreply 163February 5, 2024 11:26 PM

Despite listening to pop radio enough, I still cannot name any Beyonce songs past Single Ladies which (though jaunty) crescendos into her sounding like a cats being tortured in a traffic jam while someone files on metal bars off tempo.

by Anonymousreply 164February 5, 2024 11:32 PM

I've only heard Single Ladies and thought it was dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 165February 5, 2024 11:40 PM

OP, both Jay and Bey are highly intelligent. They know that Queen Beys record breaking is as much as a technicality as most of her wins are in the r&b and hip hop categories.

by Anonymousreply 166February 5, 2024 11:43 PM

Black people's problems.

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 167February 6, 2024 1:32 AM

R19: someone might have said this already but that Bills Bills Bills song is about the man paying for her bills that he’s run up. I can’t stand Beyonce now but did love Destiny’s Child in the late 90s when they first started out.

by Anonymousreply 168February 6, 2024 1:44 AM

The list of artistic rip-offs Beyonce has done is long.

by Anonymousreply 169February 6, 2024 2:23 AM

Jay has a point. The academy disregards the accomplishments of black people. Marginalizing our creativity to particular categories unless that music is acceptable to them - Meaning feel good, non offensive and not sexualized. But it’s ok when White musicians sample and copy our sounds to reach a broader audience to add a more “urban” sound and to appear “supportive”. But their support is performative. Take Taylor Swift - she knows her whiteness gives her an edge in getting music awards. She won’t admit it because her narcissism makes her actually believe she’s one of the greatest. Being prolific is not the same as being great. Yes she’s hardworking but so are all other musicians at that level. Also emphasizing how hardworking she is implies the old stereotype that black people are lazy that’s why we don’t win. Black musicians have to work twice as hard and rarely get half the recognition. That is what makes her wins so frustrating. She can fucking sneeze, add it to music and will be rewarded for it. She’s a fine lyricist and that’s it. She’s not one of the greats. Tracy Chapman’s vocals and Joni Mitchell’s lyrical performances make that obvious. Also, I think many members of the academy enjoy screwing over black people during black history month. One question - would country fans embrace lFast cars” today if it was Tracy, a black lesbian, singing it instead of a white man?

by Anonymousreply 170February 6, 2024 2:25 AM

Good lord, you have never learned to write a coherent paragraph and to word a clear argument.

by Anonymousreply 171February 6, 2024 2:30 AM

Why do they only reward mainstream pop stars? If they rewarded something outside of the Top 40 for once there would be less next day outrage with these loony stan bases throwing hissy fits anytime their "queen" doesn't win everything.

by Anonymousreply 172February 6, 2024 2:56 AM

R170 Chapman doesn’t have great vocals and Joni sure doesn’t which she doesn’t get any shit for. While there is merit to what you said, pop has largely been a white person’s genre. Radio stations in middle America wouldn’t play many black artists. Taylor is mediocre and does not deserve that many awards. The Grammys suck and have for a looooooong time. Fergie has more Grammys than Prince and Madonna? Gtfo

by Anonymousreply 173February 6, 2024 2:57 AM

If she was talented.

by Anonymousreply 174February 6, 2024 2:59 AM

Leave it to the women of “The View” to actually defend Jay-Z’s acceptance speech.

by Anonymousreply 175February 6, 2024 3:02 AM

The bitch needs to learn the same lesson as Tom Brady in the NFL, Jay Leno on NBC, and George Santos in elected office:

The game ain’t about YOU. And you’re fuckin’ lucky to be a part of it for as long as you’ve had.

by Anonymousreply 176February 6, 2024 3:06 AM

You’re so right, R170.

The Academy disregards the accomplishments of black people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177February 6, 2024 3:07 AM

Preach it r170!!!!!! Racism can be covert or overt.

by Anonymousreply 178February 6, 2024 3:24 AM

R177. You had to go way back didn’t you. And Michael’s music was non offensive which is why it was celebrated.

by Anonymousreply 179February 6, 2024 3:35 AM

Jay has a point. The academy disregards the accomplishments of leprechauns. Marginalizing our creativity to particular categories unless that music is acceptable to them - Meaning feel good, non offensive and not sexualized. But it’s ok when Unicorn musicians sample and copy our sounds to reach a broader audience to add a more “urban” sound and to appear “supportive”. But their support is performative. Take Taylor Swift - she knows her unicorness gives her an edge in getting music awards. She won’t admit it because her narcissism makes her actually believe she’s one of the greatest. Being prolific is not the same as being great. Yes she’s hardworking but so are all other musicians at that level. Also emphasizing how hardworking she is implies the old stereotype that leprechauns are lazy that’s why we don’t win. Leprechaun musicians have to work twice as hard and rarely get half the recognition. That is what makes her wins so frustrating. She can fucking sneeze, add it to music and will be rewarded for it. She’s a fine lyricist and that’s it. She’s not one of the greats. Tracy Chapman’s vocals and Joni Mitchell’s lyrical performances make that obvious. Also, I think many members of the academy enjoy screwing over leprechauns during St. Patrick's Day. One question - would country fans embrace lFast cars” today if it was Tracy, a leprechaun lesbian, singing it instead of a unicorn man?

by Anonymousreply 180February 6, 2024 3:36 AM

Hey Asshole Jay-Z: That means that the person who won Best Album didn't deserve to win just because you say so. FUCK OFF!

by Anonymousreply 181February 6, 2024 3:38 AM

This just in: Jay-Z blames wife’s Grammy failures on Leprechauns.

by Anonymousreply 182February 6, 2024 3:39 AM

Great. R175 is here to tell us what's happening on The View. We were all wondering.

by Anonymousreply 183February 6, 2024 4:01 AM

I’d like him to name the ones who weren’t worthy and instead she should have taken it. I mean, I guess Adele said she wasn’t so Adele can give any future awards to Beyonce because LAWD knows she obviously desperately needs the validation awards give her (and what Jay-Z isn’t).

by Anonymousreply 184February 6, 2024 4:02 AM

It’s funny since just a week ago Whoopi said no one is snubbed on awards shows (speaking of Margot Robbie) because then you’re saying someone else wasn’t worthy. She went on and on about there is no such thing as a snub.

by Anonymousreply 185February 6, 2024 4:06 AM

[quote] Hey Asshole Jay-Z: That means that the person who won Best Album didn't deserve to win just because you say so. FUCK OFF!

R184 that’s easy -Harry Styles last year when Renaissance was nominated. That’s a no brainer.

by Anonymousreply 186February 6, 2024 5:59 AM

Renaissance was a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 187February 6, 2024 6:55 AM

Serious question, are Leprechauns white white or just white adjacent? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 188February 6, 2024 9:05 AM

R186. Perhaps Harry Styles didn't deserve to win Best Album last year, but maybe Beyonce Knowles' album Renaissance may not have deserved to win either.

by Anonymousreply 189February 6, 2024 9:21 AM

[Quote] Michael’s music was non offensive

And the Most Offensive Grammy goes to……

by Anonymousreply 190February 6, 2024 9:21 AM

R186 Says who? Obviously enough Grammy VOTERS felt differently.

by Anonymousreply 191February 6, 2024 10:55 AM

It's an honor to be nominated!

by Anonymousreply 192February 6, 2024 11:03 AM

R191 if you have two ears attached to your head and on either side of your brain you can take a listen for yourself and realize Harry Styles won for other reasons than being good.

Young, white, selling millions, easily marketable for the next ten years in music - that’s who wins Grammies now. Grammies are given to future business potential.

by Anonymousreply 193February 6, 2024 11:09 AM

R180 I think the fact that she has more Grammys than anyone EVER really blows your theory out of the water especially since she's won in both Pop and R&B categories. I'm ALL for calling out racism where it exits BUT I ain't seeing it here. WHY does one "artist" have to win EVERYTHING?

by Anonymousreply 194February 6, 2024 11:12 AM

And now that you've run your big mouth Jaz-Z you've insured she'll never win album of the year. Face it fool, you're just not that well liked in the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 195February 6, 2024 11:14 AM

R194, because I am sure she would trade all of those Grammies for ONE Album of the Year. Having “the most” is her also-ran consolation. She doesn’t want everything, she wants the one thing that’s continually denied her.

by Anonymousreply 196February 6, 2024 11:25 AM

I'm just tired of whining black people.

by Anonymousreply 197February 6, 2024 11:40 AM

They’re everywhere, R197.

by Anonymousreply 198February 6, 2024 11:42 AM

Feeling is mutual - we’re over catty white faggots. Being on Datalounge used to be fun. Now it’s just a bunch of aging white racist hicks on here.

by Anonymousreply 199February 6, 2024 11:50 AM

And the ever-increasing black racists.

by Anonymousreply 200February 6, 2024 12:19 PM

Jay-Z has apparently never learned that life is just not fair for anyone all the time, and that's never more true than in the entertainment industry that is filled to the brim with deceit, underhandedness, back stabbing, and criminality. If she was to win album of the year next year both he and she will be eviscerated by everyone that she only got it because he put the screws to someone. If she was smart she would have told him to keep his mouth shut. Winning an award because your powerful husband forced people to vote for you is a very shallow accomplishment and cheapens the entire awards process. And most of the awards shows have become about as cheap as ever, and that's why so many people have given up on watching them. What good is an awards process when the people who buy the music have no voting rights? Pretty much worthless is what I say.

by Anonymousreply 201February 6, 2024 12:31 PM

[quote]Jay has a point. The academy disregards the accomplishments of black people.

Best Album winners in the past 20 years include Jon Batiste, Bruno Mars, Daft Punk, Herbie Hancock, Ray Charles and OutKast.

by Anonymousreply 202February 6, 2024 12:36 PM

It's extremely unseemly to complain about ONE award when you have the most awards, and most you didn't deserve.

by Anonymousreply 203February 6, 2024 1:28 PM

And it's also unseemly to wash one's dirty laundry in public. If he feels that strongly about it why doesn't he take his beef to the voting members in private, rather than belittling himself as a big kvetch in public.

by Anonymousreply 204February 6, 2024 1:34 PM

The reason Beyonce has never won Album of the Year is the Grammys would go bankrupt having to give out 432 statues for one catagory.

by Anonymousreply 205February 6, 2024 1:42 PM

What she really wants is to be First Lady!

Are you going to deny her THAT, America?

Racism!

by Anonymousreply 206February 6, 2024 1:49 PM

Why did the Obamas hang out with this miserable show-biz couple?

by Anonymousreply 207February 6, 2024 2:09 PM

Can we all agree awards shows are all ridiculous? I think a lot of the people attending know they are bullshit too. haven't watched any of them in 30 years. I quit watching the grammies when I quit recognizing any of the music or musicians. That probably coincides with the rise of manufactured pop tarts, rap and hip hop taking over, genres I have little interest in. They should get rid of the grammies and have one award show for each genre. They already have the CMA show. Why not the Rap/Hiphop Awards and the World Pop Awards? Maybe the MTV award shit already covers that?

Is classical music even recognized at the grammies or is it too obscure? What happens if a country song wins? Do the rappers applaud or just sit and ungraciosly scowl?

by Anonymousreply 208February 6, 2024 2:13 PM

[quote]Can we all agree awards shows are all ridiculous? I think a lot of the people attending know they are bullshit too.

I agree but the people who seek nominations and are nominated are awfully thirsty for them.

by Anonymousreply 209February 6, 2024 2:15 PM

They have enough money. Why don't they just create their own award show and Bey can win them all.

by Anonymousreply 210February 6, 2024 2:17 PM

Britney has ONE Grammy!

I think it's outrageous!

Justice for Britney, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 211February 6, 2024 2:17 PM

Just to put this in perspective, Judy Garland only won two Grammy Awards in her lifetime.

A Lifetime Achievement Grammy was awarded to her nearly thirty years after her death.

by Anonymousreply 212February 6, 2024 2:28 PM

[Quote] Adele didn’t deserve it

“25 was the world's best-selling album of the year for 2015, with 17.4 million copies sold within the year,[4] and has gone on to sell over 23.3 million copies worldwide, making it the fourth-best selling album of the 21st century, the second-best selling album of the 2010s (behind 21), and one of the best-selling albums of all-time.[5] Following 21, it was certified Diamond by the RIAA, making Adele the only artist of the 2010s to achieve this certification with two albums.

Credited for impacting the music industry by encouraging a renewed interest in buying physical releases rather than downloading or streaming and much like 21, for saving the dwindling sales of the global music industry, 25 won the 2016 Brit Award for British Album of the Year, and the 2017 Grammy Award for Album of the Year. To promote the album, Adele embarked on her third worldwide concert tour, Adele Live 2016. It started on 29 February 2016 and ended on 30 June 2017. The concert broke numerous attendance records across the globe and grossed $167.7 million.” - Wikipedia

by Anonymousreply 213February 6, 2024 2:41 PM

R202, great list BUT you do know Daft Punk is two white French dudes, right?

by Anonymousreply 214February 6, 2024 3:40 PM

[quote]great list BUT you do know Daft Punk is two white French dudes, right?

Sorry, I should have highlighted Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers, who were also awarded the Best Album Grammy for their contributions to the Daft Punk album.

by Anonymousreply 215February 6, 2024 3:47 PM

Here's the Carter family leaving right after that speech. They didn't stay till the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 6, 2024 4:04 PM

His problem is that he and his wife think "Grammy" is a brand name to wear around town like "Gucci" or "Prada" and if he can't buy it he's outraged.

by Anonymousreply 217February 6, 2024 4:06 PM

R213 Sales doesn't= quality.

by Anonymousreply 218February 6, 2024 4:07 PM

[quote] Does he suffer from fetal alcohol syndrome?

That's a shocking allegation!

by Anonymousreply 219February 6, 2024 4:12 PM

[quote] Credited for [bold]impacting[/bold] the music industry

Cringe.

by Anonymousreply 220February 6, 2024 4:12 PM

I hate the way that he’s bullied his slag wife on people. Oversaturated with her presence to the point where I feel like it’s slime.

by Anonymousreply 221February 6, 2024 4:21 PM

Yes, Jay is a narcissistic bully. In rare interviews he comes across as if he is granting a great favor to the interviewer, and speaks about himself as if he is imparting profound information to a lesser being. . The billionaire status he and his wife have achieved make them mythical in their own minds. He has brainwashed his wife to think of herself as a goddess or queen.

by Anonymousreply 222February 6, 2024 4:27 PM

R217 nails it. They think it's a prize to be shown off around town, rather than earned. But the joke's on them! The Grammy isn't even a serious award anymore, and has never had the same cachet within the industry as an Oscar or a Tony might for actors.

The Grammy is the Tommy Hilfiger of artistic awards: Serious tastemakers don't bother with it, and only the untalented boors show off their collection of them.

Typical hood-rich morons.

by Anonymousreply 223February 6, 2024 4:31 PM

Remember seeing footage of this degenerate POS striking a young woman fan or journalist ten or so years ago.

Ugh, he's almost as monstrous as his fellow-narcissist, donald.

by Anonymousreply 224February 6, 2024 4:48 PM

I bet he keeps salt and razor blades tucked into that weave of his.

by Anonymousreply 225February 6, 2024 5:34 PM

PeeCake, stop referring to this woman as "Queen Bey."

You are a middle aged man, not a 13-year-old girl.

by Anonymousreply 226February 6, 2024 7:46 PM

I’m sensing a pattern with the entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 227February 6, 2024 7:51 PM

Her reaction to his tantrum and them leaving so soon reminds me of an abused wife. Not physically but emotionally like hes an absolute control freak.

Why don't they have more kids? You'd think hes a macho type and try for a son.

by Anonymousreply 228February 6, 2024 8:54 PM

How does Beyonce only have a million more monthly listeners on Spotify than Madonna? Beyonce just had one of the biggest tours in history, after a hugely hyped album, yet she currently has 48 million monthly listeners, while Madonna has 47 million. Madonna hasn't gotten 1/10th of the media hype that Bey got last year.

by Anonymousreply 229February 6, 2024 9:00 PM

[quote]Also, I think many members of the academy enjoy screwing over black people during black history month

This is both ridiculous and paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 230February 6, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote]How does Beyonce only have a million more monthly listeners on Spotify than Madonna? Beyonce just had one of the biggest tours in history, after a hugely hyped album, yet she currently has 48 million monthly listeners, while Madonna has 47 million. Madonna hasn't gotten 1/10th of the media hype that Bey got last year.

Because Beyonce hasn't had a mainstream hit single in a million years and her catalog isn't aging very well.

by Anonymousreply 231February 6, 2024 9:41 PM

R216, That video is reminiscent of when Eddie Murphy walked out of the Academy Awards auditorium when he lost Best Supporting Actor to Alan Arkin.

by Anonymousreply 232February 6, 2024 9:44 PM

R229, I'd be curious to know how many of those monthly 'listeners' are true fans. This is a thing now. There are firms out there that artists can hire who pay people to listen* to the artist. Same for hiring people to watch* shows and movies on streaming services.

*e.g., the person clicks on the song/album/show/movie and then goes about their day.

Given the insane level of PR Beyonce's team uses, I have no doubt they use these services, too, to make it seem like her new music is getting play. Like R231 says, she hasn't had a mainstream hit in years. Her most (actually) listened to song is Crazy in Love from 2-0-0-3...

by Anonymousreply 233February 6, 2024 10:01 PM

Fuck both of them. And the fonts on LSA are licking up her shit as always. Any dissenting opinions…well they call them the Beyhive for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 234February 6, 2024 10:58 PM

[quote]Why don't they have more kids? You'd think hes a macho type and try for a son.

Didn't they have twins? Haven't seen them lately, so maybe Bey sold them.

by Anonymousreply 235February 6, 2024 11:22 PM

They're awards, not entitlements.

by Anonymousreply 236February 6, 2024 11:25 PM

R229 And Madonna hasn’t had a record company since 2007.

by Anonymousreply 237February 6, 2024 11:59 PM

Blue and North going in opposite directions taking on their parents’ looks. Blue looking more and more like Bey as she gets older while North is looking more like Ye. Who wudda thunk Blue would turn out to be more attractive than North?

by Anonymousreply 238February 7, 2024 12:03 AM

People just don't know how to be gracious anymore. Just say thanks and a few kind words then shut up.

by Anonymousreply 239February 7, 2024 12:14 AM

Let this be the beginning of the end for Beyonce and Jay-Z. Sickening duo.

by Anonymousreply 240February 7, 2024 12:34 AM

She probably hides them because they're ugly.

by Anonymousreply 241February 7, 2024 12:51 AM

R234 Girl, who cares about LSA? The last time anybody thought of that site, Obama was in the White House!

by Anonymousreply 242February 7, 2024 12:55 AM

They’re all unhinged. And homophobic af.

by Anonymousreply 243February 7, 2024 1:07 AM

Beyonce stans, which one of her albums, if any, were truly worth of AOTHY?

Beyonce was a cultural phenomenon when the first solo album came out 20 years ago. R&B artists have revealed that their labels gave them the boot when Beyonce came on the scene as a solo act. She checked every single box at that time. I think the early 2000s was her opportunity to win this award.

I think her only other chance would be to reunite with Destiny's Child and make an outstanding R&B album that revives that genre. Other than that she is kind of past her peak creatively. She will always be a great show woman.

by Anonymousreply 244February 7, 2024 1:49 AM

We've had sufficient

by Anonymousreply 245February 7, 2024 2:04 AM

Okay. I just read that this is Swift's FOURTH win for album of the year. I mean...THAT is absurd. Now, I'm beginning to understand Jay-Z's point. I still don't think this is a race issue as much as the Grammys trying to be relevant and appease the top dogs.

Four albums of the year!! The FUCK? That's insane, and I'm a casual fan.

by Anonymousreply 246February 7, 2024 10:45 AM

R246 It is insane, but whining about her not winning is insane. The entitlement is off the charts. This is yet another time, ironically with the same people involved, someone has said Beyonce deserved an award over someone. What is it about her everyone thinks she DESERVES an award over some one else? I’ve NEVER seen anything like it. You didn’t see Madonna crying like this when Like A Prayer didn’t even get nominated and it was one of the most critically acclaimed albums of all time and at the time was called as close to art as pop gets. Prince never got an AOTY. Springsteen, too.

by Anonymousreply 247February 7, 2024 11:10 AM

When Beyonce didn’t get any acting nominations for her role in DREAMGIRLS, her team pulled the race card, defiantly ignoring the fact of Jennifer Hudson’s acclaim. It was like, if Beyonce can’t get a nomination then no one can.

by Anonymousreply 248February 7, 2024 12:12 PM

^LINK R248

by Anonymousreply 249February 7, 2024 2:53 PM

They may as well give Taylor the Grammys since there are no good albums anymore and this has become an award for whoever can keep the music industry propped up another sad year.

by Anonymousreply 250February 7, 2024 3:59 PM

Whine, whine, whine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251February 7, 2024 6:44 PM

There's something to the idea that this awards show was slow or not capable of adapting to changing interests in music. There's also something to the idea than award shows are ridiculous in general.

by Anonymousreply 252February 7, 2024 7:32 PM

Never thought I'd miss Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 253February 7, 2024 7:59 PM

There’s no doubt the Grammys, and all award shows, have been extremely racist.

The Grammys have also been very misogynistic in many categories, and snobbish to many genres of music. The white males who ran them in the past was always showing preference to rock and males/bands. Women had a very hard time breaking through to the level of the top males until Madonna obliterated the glass ceiling in the 80s. The resentment towards her lasts to this day.

I echo what others wonder- why is it ALWAYS about BEYONCE not getting this or that? It is unseemly. I’d be embarrassed but she’ll bully them into giving her one. I guarantee she’ll release an album this year now that TS is so she can dare them to give another one to TS, who does NOT deserve ONE much less FOUR AOTY awards.

by Anonymousreply 254February 7, 2024 10:27 PM

If (for example) Tracy Chapman were to put out an album that won Album of the Year (which is perfectly plausible), Jay-Z and his crowd would still not be satisfied.

But the Grammys have been a popularity contest for decades. They rarely single out good records that didn't also sell extremely well. So you can't entirely blame Jay-Z for assuming that big sales numbers are all you need in order to win (Figure 1: Taylor Swift).

by Anonymousreply 255February 8, 2024 12:14 AM

R254 When was the last time any rock band won AOTY? I can't think of any. Even the most famous of rock albums (Dark Side of the Moon, Nevermind, Beatles or Rolling Stone albums, etc) never won AOTY. I don't think they're biased towards rock at all.

I think they like the white acoustic singer-songwriter type of music best. Whenever I think about what type of album will win I always picture the type of music my grandmother would like. Something bland and inoffensive.

by Anonymousreply 256February 8, 2024 1:06 AM

[quote]According to the Academy, the voting members behind the Grammy awards include music industry professionals who represent a diverse set of backgrounds. Members professions can include anything from vocalists to songwriters, engineers to producers, and everything in between. To be qualified for membership, however, voting members must have creative or technical credits on at least six commercially released tracks on a physical music release or 12 on a digital album. Voting members must also be good standing with their dues (which are only $100/year!). According to Billboard.com, 12,000 of the Academy's total 21,000 members are eligible to cast ballots.

[quote]If someone doesn't meet the requirements, he or she may still apply to become a voting member with an endorsement from at least two current Recording Academy voting members.

Maybe he should pay every voting member. He can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 257February 8, 2024 1:12 AM

[quote]When was the last time any rock band won AOTY

U2 won in 2002 and 1988. That’s about the extent of it.

by Anonymousreply 258February 8, 2024 1:16 AM

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 259February 8, 2024 1:21 AM

Exactly R259.

by Anonymousreply 260February 8, 2024 1:49 AM

So, there are 12,000 racist voters in the Academy, JZ?

by Anonymousreply 261February 8, 2024 2:23 AM

I'm not really a fan of Beyonce. I only like three of her songs. She is very talented and a great singer. Her music is just not my genre.

She millions of fans, over a billion dollars and more Grammys than anyone else plus a whole lot more. So how in the hell does absolutely none of that matter until she wins a Grammy for Album of The Year?

by Anonymousreply 262February 8, 2024 2:44 AM

R262 Because she and this fatheaded oaf of a husband would trade it all...for a little more.

That's what separates an artist from a famous person. Jay-Z and Beyonce want to be seen. They want to stir envy with their bodyguards, their furs, and their awards. They're not in this to express themselves through music, or create something that will outlast them. They don't even write their own shit. Hell, they don't even write their own tweets. They're peacocks, not songbirds. Their goal is to be noticed, and nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 263February 8, 2024 2:54 AM

How does he even have the nerve to leave the house with his face uncovered, let alone go on TV complaining that the wife he cheats on hasn't got the award she wants?

If Tori Spelling is the ugliest female celebrity, then he must be the ugliest male celebrity. Thankfully they didn't form a couple and breed together.

Hideous face and personality.

by Anonymousreply 264February 8, 2024 3:10 AM

R263 You just described 99% of the so called "artists" in the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 265February 8, 2024 3:16 AM

So no one wants to do music for the art anymore or to push themselves and their respective genres forward? Just plastic trophies and photo ops?

by Anonymousreply 266February 8, 2024 3:17 AM

[quote] R263 You just described 99% of the so called "artists" in the American music industry.

Fixed that for you R265.

by Anonymousreply 267February 8, 2024 3:23 AM

[quote]So how in the hell does absolutely none of that matter until she wins a Grammy for Album of The Year?

Listen, I don't agree with Jay-Zs approach, but I agree with what he is saying. Look at someone like a Tom Cruise. As far as world wide recognition he had just about everything - the love of millions of fans, millions of dollars, blockbuster movies, he was the biggest star in the world, arguably still is. But I am sure he would have like to say he has an Oscar for Best actor. People want to be recognized by awards for what they actually do over anything else. You can have the love of the entire world when all you wanted was the love of your mother.

The problem is Jay-Z should have kept this to himself. But it IS painfully obvious Beyonce's last album was better than anything Harry Styles released. And it is obvious that Beyonce has given more to the industry as a whole than Brandi Carlile, Bad Bunny, Kendrick Lamar, Usher, BTS, Benny Blanco and Adele. Adele said as much herself when SHE won over Beyonce years ago. The only other artist who deserved to win over Beyonce last year was probably ABBA who has given the world a soundtrack to their lives for going on 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 268February 8, 2024 8:50 AM

[quote][R263] You just described 99% of the so called "artists" in the music industry.

Yeah, but most of them are not demanding Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 269February 8, 2024 9:20 AM

[quote]There’s no doubt the Grammys, and all award shows, have been extremely racist.

The Grammys are like the KKK of the music industry!!

by Anonymousreply 270February 8, 2024 10:08 AM

R268. What???????????????

No, what you are saying, or trying to very badly, is if Tom Cruise had the most Oscars, even winning a million Best Supporting Actor Oscars, and threw a hissy fit because he didn’t get Best Actor in a Leading Role. There is NO defending Beyonce or Jay-ZZZZZZZZZ.

by Anonymousreply 271February 8, 2024 11:06 AM

Talk about entitlement and privilege. A billion dollars and endless connections but you won’t see these to at a soup kitchen in the hood. Funny how THEY never give back to their own community.

Oh wait Beyonce grew up in an upper middle class suburb.

by Anonymousreply 272February 8, 2024 12:10 PM

Tom Cruise is famous, but that doesn’t make him talented. The Academy rewards talent, not visibility.

Sure, he makes a lot of movies. But they’re not GOOD movies.

by Anonymousreply 273February 8, 2024 12:22 PM

[quote] The Academy rewards talent, not visibility.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 274February 8, 2024 3:08 PM

[quote]There’s no doubt the Grammys, and all award shows, have been extremely racist.

And she has 32 Grammys to prove it!!!

by Anonymousreply 275February 8, 2024 4:11 PM

Jay is just upset his days in the sun are waning. I have no pity for these multi millionaires. He could live a life of leisure for the rest of his day and never have to worry about a bill, and still he whines about some meaningless ego contest.

by Anonymousreply 276February 8, 2024 4:29 PM

R271 You missed the point entirely. Alas, I don't have the energy to explain it to you. Just go back and reread what I was referencing and trying again.

by Anonymousreply 277February 8, 2024 9:38 PM

I have liked Beyonce's music in the past but the Renaissance album was fucking atrocious. There was no musicality, nothing you could sing-a-long or dance to, just relentless shouting.

by Anonymousreply 278February 8, 2024 9:51 PM

really r278? I especially like Virgo's Groove and its nod to Michael Jackson's Off the Wall and the Tom Tom Club.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279February 8, 2024 10:02 PM

Beyawncé is Janet with enunciation.

by Anonymousreply 280February 9, 2024 12:11 AM

Black victimhood coming from two of the richest people on earth is beyond tedious.

by Anonymousreply 281February 9, 2024 1:00 AM

Beyonce's jungle music just really isn't appealing to most people.

by Anonymousreply 282February 9, 2024 1:01 AM

I’m not a fan of hers either r282, but that comment was pretty wretched. Jungle music? Be quiet.

by Anonymousreply 283February 9, 2024 1:03 AM

SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD! SURFBOARD!

by Anonymousreply 284February 9, 2024 1:06 AM

Maybe if Beyonce had an original thought under her wig and wrote songs didn't all sound like other, more famous songs, she'd win her precious AotY.

by Anonymousreply 285February 9, 2024 2:43 AM

Here's my (cynical) take on this:

He cheated on her... again. & she recently found out, hence the ridiculous Kanye 2.0 ramblings while on stage.

Guilt is a mother-fucker.

by Anonymousreply 286February 9, 2024 3:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287February 9, 2024 12:40 PM

[quote] the Renaissance album was fucking atrocious. There was no musicality, nothing you could sing-a-long or dance to, just relentless shouting.

Maybe. but what about Cuff It? A likable song!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288February 10, 2024 2:08 PM

The true highlight of my evening was getting to press flesh with Jelly Roll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289February 10, 2024 2:46 PM

I only know three Beyonce songs. 1) "Single Ladies", 2) "Halo" and 3) "Listen". "Halo" and "Listen" are incredibly bad songs and If I hadn't have seen "Dreamgirls", I'd only know two.

by Anonymousreply 290February 10, 2024 3:27 PM

I wish both of these over-hyped, talentless twats would go away.

by Anonymousreply 291February 10, 2024 3:33 PM

She DOES have the best music though. If you ever just go to YouTube and listen to the instrumental versions of her songs - they are so lush, rich and nuanced. They've definitely hired the best of the best robots - Drunk in Love especially.

by Anonymousreply 292February 10, 2024 3:33 PM

Yes better than the versions with vocals, r292…I wonder why 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

by Anonymousreply 293February 10, 2024 5:09 PM

How many people OD’d from drugs JZ sold them?

by Anonymousreply 294February 10, 2024 5:12 PM

The cult of Beyonce has to go the way of the 🦤.

by Anonymousreply 295February 10, 2024 5:20 PM

The only songs of hers anyone even remembers are Single Ladies and that To The Left one. Otherwise it's forgettable crap.

by Anonymousreply 296February 10, 2024 5:20 PM

SURFBOARD!

by Anonymousreply 297February 10, 2024 5:23 PM

I think you're forgetting Crazy in Love r296.

by Anonymousreply 298February 11, 2024 11:22 AM

You’re right, R298…I forgot about it. Like I said, forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 299February 11, 2024 12:50 PM

She was also in the worst of three Austin Powers movies.

by Anonymousreply 300February 11, 2024 4:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!