Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NBC News. New polling shows Biden is in trouble.

NBC shows the weakness of Biden going into this election. I have a bad feeling this is 2016 all over again. This is not good. I really believe we are in for a horrible 4 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 14, 2024 9:00 AM
by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2024 1:42 AM

Quinnipiac (which is reliable) shows Biden winning

by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2024 1:45 AM

I just watched Meet the Press and they had a segment on this and the polling numbers are [bold]fucking dire[/bold].

Biden is a nice man and has done an excellent job but he's clearly seen as too old to continue in the job unfortunately. And Dump is hideous on every level - unbelievable that so many say they will vote Dump. Mindboggling.

Still it's months away from the election so hopefully things will change.

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2024 1:45 AM

Biden is not doing well in swing states. I have this feeling of gloom. I know how this turns out. I remember 2016 when everyone said Hillary couldn't lose. I really blame the DNC for not giving us an alternative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2024 1:56 AM

[quote]I have this feeling of gloom. I know how this turns out. I remember 2016 when everyone said Hillary couldn't lose.

Sure, Jan. A more recent memory for you should be Biden beating him in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2024 2:02 AM

Polls = bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2024 2:02 AM

It even says Trump is leading among Latino voters 42% to 41%,

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2024 2:03 AM

R4, try looking at the polls from Susquehanna and Marist that show Biden winning PA, which is a swing state. When did anyone lose the election while winning PA?

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2024 2:04 AM

I would say nobody should be shocked if Trump wins in 2024 considering what happened in 2016. Yet, it seems like most of DL believes Trump winning is totally impossible.

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2024 2:05 AM

Why do you keep leaving out 2020, r9?

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2024 2:09 AM

R7 = That's a scary number too.......R5 and R10 =Grampa had a basement and pandemic in 2020. You are a fool if you think Biden is a shoe in..

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2024 2:10 AM

LOL at the Republicans who think Biden is "grandpa" but Trump is younger than Springtime

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2024 2:12 AM

Oh dear, r11.

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2024 2:12 AM

Both are too old R12. But here we are...

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2024 2:14 AM

A more reliable poll:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2024 2:15 AM

Why is the NBC poll not reliable R15?

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2024 2:29 AM

R12 = I am a Democrat. And I never said a word about TRUMP (except to add his name to the poll). YOU mentioned Trump. Not me. Now don't you feel like the MORON?

by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2024 2:39 AM

DL watches too much MSNBC and has no idea what is going on in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2024 2:41 AM

DL also claimed that Donald Trump would be in jail by now.

by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2024 2:42 AM

So what is going on in the real world R18? Tell us. I never watch MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2024 2:43 AM

Biden is losing Latino and Black voters. Trump voters don't poll. That's why the polls were WRONG so much in 2016 and Trumps support is potentially higher. His black voters don't announce it but they are there. Same with the Latino vote..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2024 2:51 AM

R18 has seen Barbie 4 times and gets his news from TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2024 3:06 AM

Open borders, WW3, Bidenomics, and all things Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 23February 5, 2024 3:12 AM

Kamala was on Scripps News the other day and it was hideous. Yammering the Biden talking points. Scare tactics at it's worse (and YES Trump does it too). Kamala quit whining about abortion. It's gone. YOU did nothing to expand the court. You did NOTHING. Talk about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2024 3:21 AM

R8 Kerry

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2024 3:21 AM

And *another* wave of trolling begins.

by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2024 3:30 AM

These trolls will suddenly disappear when Biden crushes Trump in November. Or they might latch onto the Dems losing the Senate and say that's proof Biden was a bad candidate. In any case, they will be annoying us in some shape or form, that is their nature.

by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2024 3:38 AM

Outperformed in SC by 30 points

by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2024 3:46 AM

[quote] These trolls will suddenly disappear when Biden crushes Trump in November.

When will the trolls go away who say that these polls are not reliable or that Biden can’t lose?

by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2024 3:55 AM

[quote] When did anyone lose the election while winning PA?

Gore and Kerry.

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2024 4:00 AM

[quote]or that Biden can’t lose?

Nobody has said that, r29, nobody. You're so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 31February 5, 2024 4:05 AM

R31, you’re both a moron and a ridiculous liar.

by Anonymousreply 32February 5, 2024 4:26 AM

The price of groceries will hurt Biden as will culture wars where people feel Dems let the far left take over the party.

Axios, Jan 2024

“An average of 43% U.S. adults identified as independent in 2023, tying the 2014 high, per data released Friday.

Meanwhile, Americans identifying as Democrats hit a new low of 27%.

Democrats previously held an edge in most years since regular polling began in 1991.

Slightly more independents leaned Republican than Democrat in 2023,

Gallup also found. By the numbers: 27% of respondents identified as Democrats or Republicans, respectively.

Conservatives and moderates tied for the top ideological identifications at 36% each in 2023.

25% of respondents said they lean liberal.

Axios previously reported that a record number 49% of Americans said they were politically independent in the spring of 2023, citing monthly data from March.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 5, 2024 4:33 AM

The media is doing everything they can to push the narrative that Biden is too old, losing in the polls,etc., so they can run stories that support drooling Donnie Dictator and the rest of the enemies of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 34February 5, 2024 4:51 AM

Biden will win. He must. There is no other option.

by Anonymousreply 35February 5, 2024 5:00 AM

Not to change the subject but can we talk about Steve Kornakis weird body transformation? Gee I wonder how he lost the weight? It doesn't look great on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 5, 2024 6:08 AM

Quinnipiac: The gender gap is widening.

Women 58 - 36 percent support Biden, up from December when it was 53 - 41 percent.

Men 53 - 42 percent support Trump, largely unchanged from December when it was 51 - 41 percent.

Go girls!

by Anonymousreply 37February 5, 2024 6:35 AM

[quote] Why is the NBC poll not reliable [R15]?

Cause he be in de Nile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 5, 2024 11:05 AM

Trump has jumped ahead of Biden when it comes to voters' view on the two elderly candidates' competence and effectiveness as leaders.

In June 2020, Trump, 77, trailed Biden, 81, by 9 percent in this category, but a new NBC News poll released on Sunday shows the former president now ahead by 16 points – 48 percent to 32 percent.

On handling of the economy, Trump is also ahead by 22 percentage points – 55 percent to Biden's 33 percent approval. Many surveys and polls show voters are concerned with whether either men are fit to run the country.

However, is in the handling of immigration and securing the southern border where 57 percent of voters say they approve of Trump's handling compared to the just 22 percent who say Biden has done well in that area.

It also shows Trump 5 percentage points ahead of Biden in a hypothetical general election matchup.

-------------------

Only 5 points ahead with such huge leads on the issues. Imagine how far ahead Trump would be were he not otherwise such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 39February 5, 2024 11:13 AM

Jesus Christ Biden will not win and Trump will not win. The elite and the media are fixing it for Nikki Haley. Just accept it already. We don’t control these things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 5, 2024 11:21 AM

𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥

Likely Latino voters in Texas prefer Donald Trump over President Joe Biden in an expected rematch this November as the presidential candidates vie for their support, a University of Houston survey released Tuesday found.

Trump, who won Texas in 2020 but garnered only 40% of the state’s Latino electorate, has support from 47% of the state’s likely Latino voters compared with Biden’s 41%, according to the UH Hobby School of Public Affairs survey.

Latinos planning to vote in the March 5 Republican primary in Texas overwhelmingly support Trump (86%) over fellow GOP challenger Nikki Haley (13%). In the Democratic primary, the survey found that 55% of Latinos support Biden, while 45% are undecided or planning to vote for another candidate.

Trump’s growing popularity among Texas Latinos could be a significant factor in this year’s election because the voting bloc has grown and become more engaged in recent years, said Hobby School senior executive director Renée Cross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 5, 2024 12:48 PM

Here come the Russian bots and trolls. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 42February 5, 2024 1:16 PM

It's not so much a vote for Trump as a vote against Biden.

The Democrats should have put someone else up...

I still think it's bizarre that a country could say Trump wasn't fit to be president at the last election now think he is, despite all that's happened with him since. It's like rehiring an employee you fired a few years ago in the full knowledge that they're less suitable for the job than when you fired them. In what universe does that make sense?

by Anonymousreply 43February 5, 2024 1:20 PM

winner will be Biden, both in popular and electoral college votes. Majority of both Dem and Repub general election voters (and big business interests) do not want the chaos and lunacy of another trump presidency.

by Anonymousreply 44February 5, 2024 1:23 PM

R44 no, they don’t.

Which is why they will switch out Trump for Haley.

by Anonymousreply 45February 5, 2024 1:26 PM

As if Trump doesn't haven't have weaknesses. Please.

by Anonymousreply 46February 5, 2024 1:39 PM

The Democrats painted themselves into a corner. I'm not judging, I fully understand how it happened. In 2020, they were desperate to get rid of Trump, and Biden was the "safest" candidate: straight white male; much more moderate than Bernie; had already spent eight years as VP. They didn't really think through the fact that he was already seventy-seven.

That being said, there's still a long time to go until the election. There's no guarantee Trump will win.

by Anonymousreply 47February 5, 2024 1:45 PM

I love how the people predicting Biden's demise continue to go on about "four bad years", as though there is ANY chance Trump would hold an election in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 48February 5, 2024 1:48 PM

IMHO I expect by 2028 Trump will be dead, same as I think about Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 5, 2024 1:57 PM

Trump may be dead before this election. He’s not really running for President.

by Anonymousreply 50February 5, 2024 2:16 PM

The election is EIGHT FUCKING MONTHS away.

by Anonymousreply 51February 5, 2024 2:23 PM

The Dems have 3 big hopes for victory in 2024. And its not the economy.

Woman, Taylor Swift, Donald Trump

If the Dems can’t win with that tail wind then we deserve Donald Trump as president.

by Anonymousreply 52February 5, 2024 2:24 PM

Hillary had Women, Kathy Perry, Donald Trump, AND Christina Aguilera

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2024 2:28 PM

The media wants a horse race. The media NEEDS a horse race. My advice is to stop looking at polls and contribute to the Dem election efforts—or even volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 54February 5, 2024 2:35 PM

DAILY KOS poll

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Joe Biden is handling his job as president?

Approve 35% -- Disapprove 56%

If the election for president of the United States were held today, and the choices were Donald Trump and Joe Biden, who would you vote for?

Joe Biden, Democrat 44% -- Donald Trump, Republican 44%

--------------------

If Joe can't win a Daily Kos poll....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 5, 2024 2:45 PM

Bless your heart, r55.

by Anonymousreply 56February 5, 2024 2:56 PM

I clearly have the right trolls blocked.

by Anonymousreply 57February 5, 2024 3:00 PM

Biden will proabably win, and he's doing everything he can to drive the stock market and ensure America's eternal hegemony. But due to the increasingly competitive nature of capitalism plus the new military actions, some democrats are probably finding it hard to have any hope for a prosperous, peaceful, fair future. When you lose hope, you don't mind so much watching the world burn, especially if you see others doing well. Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face is completely illogical for people with hope, and most "well-adjusted" folks view doomerism/antinatalism/pessimism/etc as silly...but it's way easier to give up when you feel cornered. This is especially true for people already close to the fringes of society.

by Anonymousreply 58February 5, 2024 3:09 PM

I have a feeling neither Biden or Trump will even be on the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2024 3:21 PM

R57 so do I. FF the MAGATs then block them. The air will be much less smelly, unlike the orange buffoon.

by Anonymousreply 60February 5, 2024 3:22 PM

R59 gets it

by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2024 3:29 PM

[quote] I clearly have the right trolls blocked.

If the polls are proven right and Biden loses, it’s going to be a challenge to block out all news of the election and the four years thereafter, isn’t it? I’d be interested to see how you try to do that.

by Anonymousreply 62February 5, 2024 4:23 PM

Why even post in a thread like this if you want to crow that you’re blocking everyone?

Attention whore much?

by Anonymousreply 63February 5, 2024 4:39 PM

Of the over eighty million votes voters gave Biden, many to stop Trump, who then saw Trump try to cheat and nullify their votes so he could steal another term, how many of those eighty million would now flip and vote for Trump? Virtually none.

by Anonymousreply 64February 5, 2024 4:49 PM

I know three people who voted for Obama, then Trump, then Biden and now are in Trump's camp again. You should never underestimate the stupidity or irrationality of American voters.

by Anonymousreply 65February 5, 2024 4:52 PM

This article today is appropriate for this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 5, 2024 4:57 PM

Even Huffington Post and NBC acknowledge the problem.

[quote] “Over time, we have been testing for five years now, going back to 2019—a Biden-Trump match-up. Remember 2019, 2020 Joe Biden led. He led big in every single one of our polls. For the first time in November, Donald Trump pulled ahead in our poll. And now, at five points, this is the biggest lead NBC has ever had in 16 polls for Donald Trump over Joe Biden.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 5, 2024 5:03 PM

R58 is a demented communist. They’re exactly the reason people are leaving the party.

by Anonymousreply 68February 5, 2024 5:11 PM

Paul Krugman is a right wing Trumper

by Anonymousreply 69February 5, 2024 5:12 PM

The issue is not so much if previous biden voters will vote for trump in 2024 it might be if they will again vote for Joe. The Dems had a big turn out in 2020

Those here who know what the voter turn out will be this coming election have much better crystal ball than I do.

by Anonymousreply 70February 5, 2024 5:14 PM

The rape trial has given Trump an air of youthful masculinity and macho-ness that Biden can't compete with.

by Anonymousreply 71February 5, 2024 5:18 PM

And the crazy woman next door going around telling everyone in the neighborhood I raped her squashed all those gay rumors which have been following me since high school.

by Anonymousreply 72February 5, 2024 5:24 PM

Everyone who voted you'd rather have Trump -

GO FUCK YOURSELVES, YOU ASSHOLES!

P.S. That includes those who voted "anyone else" because you also voted for Trump, assholes!

by Anonymousreply 73February 5, 2024 5:24 PM

The Haley troll @R40 and R45 is delusional. Even if they managed to switch out Trump with Haley (assuming he's still alive), how? What's the process they can do that? And everyone knows that Trump supporters would just stay home and not vote in protest.

Give it up. Nikki Haley is not happening and never was except in the media's wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 74February 5, 2024 5:27 PM

Sadly, R71 is correct. Amurkins love their president virile and manly, not some limp dicked old man.

When the Pukes were trying to impeach Clinton for a blow job, voters stood by their cheating ass President.

by Anonymousreply 75February 5, 2024 5:39 PM

R74

Some the most inaccurate statements ever start with these two words—- “ Everybody Knows”.

If trump drops out it will be because of health, the same reason Joe might drop out, and if trump does need to drop out for health reasons he will still want a pardon.

I think you are guessing more than knowing.

And please let no one be dumb enough to say that trump does not care about a pardon,

by Anonymousreply 76February 5, 2024 5:39 PM

[quote]Why even post in a thread like this if you want to crow that you’re blocking everyone?

Crowing? Bitch, please.

Reading through my blocked posts here shows that the shittiest trolls on the internet post here, and my decision to block their toxic nonsense was a good one.

This appears to be a "you" problem.

by Anonymousreply 77February 5, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote] Nikki Haley is not happening and never was except in the media's wishful thinking.

The most amazing thing about the NBC poll is not that Trump is ahead by 5 points, it’s that it shows Haley beating Biden by 9 points. That’s not an indication of how great Haley is. It’s indication of how much people don’t want to see Biden reelected. We can see that Trump loses 4 points for being Trump.

by Anonymousreply 78February 5, 2024 7:07 PM

R78 Well yes, but none of that counts for anything if she cannot win the GOP primary.

by Anonymousreply 79February 5, 2024 7:10 PM

[quote] Everyone who voted you'd rather have Trump - GO FUCK YOURSELVES, YOU ASSHOLES! P.S. That includes those who voted "anyone else" because you also voted for Trump, assholes!

If nothing else, the thread poll shows once again how incredibly unrepresentative of America DL is.

by Anonymousreply 80February 5, 2024 7:11 PM

Gay people vote left. We all know that R80. DL is under no obligation to represent America.

by Anonymousreply 81February 5, 2024 7:15 PM

[Quote] The rape trial has given Trump an air of youthful masculinity and macho-ness that Biden can't compete with.

Nice try R71. The Biden’s have that family hog dick as evidenced by Hunter and Frank. Much more masculine than Trump and his mushroom dick.

by Anonymousreply 82February 5, 2024 7:19 PM

What on earth has Biden done, other than being old, that makes him so unpopular? The economy has outperformed most other countries now as well as the American economy during the Trump administration. Barack Obama and Bill Clinton achieved far less in their first terms and lost in Congress to true Red Waves.

Immigration and inflation have been real challenges, but not because of what Biden did. It’s like blaming the President for bad weather.

by Anonymousreply 83February 5, 2024 7:31 PM

Biden whipped the shit out of Trump in 2020, winning by more than 10%, considered a LANDSLIDE in modern presidential races, r80. Now again who is unrepresentative of America?

by Anonymousreply 84February 5, 2024 7:38 PM

Just want to remind everyone that Dems have over performed and Repukes have under performed re the polling. I am confident most people are happy with the economy, and the fact that consumer spending is strong shows it. People might be concerned with Biden’s age, but as long as he’s standing on Election Day, he’ll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 85February 5, 2024 7:42 PM

HOLD ME, STEVE KORNACKI!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 86February 5, 2024 7:44 PM

And Hillary stomped the weazel Trump by more than 5% in 2016. What isn't representative of America is the electoral college. Americans despise Trump and find him utterly revolting, He'd never win if the game wasn't rigged to disenfranchise the majority of Americans.

by Anonymousreply 87February 5, 2024 7:45 PM

The only states everyone should be concerned with are the swing ones. PA, GA, AZ, WI, MI and the close ones like NV who could potentially swing . Most of those are not into the GOP's abortion stance which has been very damaging for the GOP. And I don't think they saw much improvement under Trump which is why they voted for him the first time around. So I think that Trump winning again is less likely than not.

by Anonymousreply 88February 5, 2024 7:49 PM

[R74] "Even if they managed to switch out Trump with Haley (assuming he's still alive), how? What's the process they can do that?"

If Haley remains in the primaries, isn't she collecting a certain percentage of the vote. Even if he has 99% and she has 1%, if he drops out, she'd have the next highest, right?

by Anonymousreply 89February 5, 2024 8:12 PM

R89 Yes, like I said, her only chance is if he dies or is too incapacitated to run. Even then, depending on when that happens it is either up to the states to choose a replacement (if that happens before the GOP candidate has formally been confirmed) or up to the GOP (if it's after the candidate has been formally confirmed).

by Anonymousreply 90February 5, 2024 8:18 PM

R89

There is no second place finish becomes the nominee if the front runner drops out. 1% or 10% of the primary vote would get Haley nothing.

Conventions are no longer the big deal they were back in the day but the GOP actually would ( and does) pick their nominee after a roll call vote in the convention,

by Anonymousreply 91February 5, 2024 9:07 PM

MAGA is not going to vote for Haley.

Haley voters are not voting Trump.

I don't give a flying fuck what these "polls" say...logistics and Dem overperformance in the last few years of election cycles points to 4 more years of Biden.

by Anonymousreply 92February 5, 2024 9:13 PM

[quote]Conventions are no longer the big deal they were back in the day but the GOP actually would ( and does) pick their nominee after a roll call vote in the convention,

Only if Trump dies or drops out before he is formally confirmed as the nominee (I looked it up).

by Anonymousreply 93February 5, 2024 9:55 PM

Look, I think the NBC numbers are worrisome, but there are some countervailing considerations to take into account.

First, this poll is out of step with the recently released (1/31) Quinnipiac University national poll of registered voters showing Biden with a lead over Trump 50 - 44 percent in a hypothetical general election matchup.

Second, the Biden campaign has a great deal of cash reserves, much more than tRump and the Repukes have available. They can use those funds to run ads reminding voters that tRump is an unhinged lunatic.

Third, there are a lot of people who hate, loathe, and despise Dump with deep fervor and the intensity of several thousand white hot suns. The array of people and groups is extremely broad, including a lot of former Repubs who could no longer tolerate being in the same party as Cheatolini. It seems inconceivable that these folks have somehow forgotten how horrible he is and the chaos that he sowed constantly for all those years. People may think that Joe is past his prime, but he rarely engenders hatred except from MAGAts because that’s what they do well: hate.

Could the Dotard pull it off once again? Possibly, but I think that things may calm down enough in the coming few months as far as the economy is concerned to let Joe win. At least I sure as hell hope so.

by Anonymousreply 94February 5, 2024 10:29 PM

Do we think that idiot Gary Johnson helped Dump in 2016? I know quite a few people who voted for him. Any chance of a viable 3rd party candidate this time? If there is a God, let it be Gavin Newsom. In fact, please let him replace Biden.

by Anonymousreply 95February 5, 2024 11:07 PM

These jenky polls are pulling the Republican cult members further and further into violence, authoritarianism, and conspiracy theories. They actually believe them, instead of looking at the evidence of repeated election losses. But their white privilege makes them believe in their own righteousness and that they can't be wrong.

They're also constantly told by right wing media that they are the majority. They are not-they're a very vocal 30%.

by Anonymousreply 96February 5, 2024 11:25 PM

"Third, there are a lot of people who hate, loathe, and despise Dump with deep fervor and the intensity of several thousand white hot suns. The array of people and groups is extremely broad, including a lot of former Repubs who could no longer tolerate being in the same party as Cheatolini."

But those same people would rather cut off their arms than vote for a Democrat. See: Barr, Bill.

by Anonymousreply 97February 5, 2024 11:27 PM

[quote]These jenky polls are pulling the Republican cult members further and further into violence, authoritarianism, and conspiracy theories.

When MAGA has no one to fight, they go after each other.

These lowlife pieces of dog shit are a skidmark on the panties of life and just want to be angry to be angry.

I wish they'd all just fucking die already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 6, 2024 12:25 AM

[quote] Even if they managed to switch out Trump with Haley (assuming he's still alive), how? What's the process they can do that? And everyone knows that Trump supporters would just stay home and not vote in protest.

R74

Ummm… he drops out. He’s not really running for President. He drops out and endorses Haley in exchange for money to pay his legal fees. He agreed to stay in the election so Biden does not drop out, and then he drops out and gets the money. Haley gets elected, and he gets pardoned.

I go over this again and again, and you still don’t get it. Why even bother? Clearly, you are limited.

“Rose and R74 are limited, Dorothy.”

by Anonymousreply 99February 6, 2024 12:30 AM

100!

by Anonymousreply 100February 6, 2024 12:32 AM

To be fair R50 - both of them may be dead before the election. That's a large chunk of the apathy towards both candidates (assuming crackpot Dump will be the Republican candidate and everybody does except that poster on DL who is adamant that it's all a circus run by the 1% and Hayley will eventually be revealed as the next POTUS or something...)

I was just watching the news and saw a story on Biden giving a speech where he was laying right into Dump and the light was terrible and for a few seconds Biden looked like a skeleton with tightly pulled skin over bones. And it also showed him shuffling towards the podium. I was horrified but I loved what he was saying. Fuck this is really difficult. I have a lot of deeply warm feelings for Biden. He saved us all and I thank him every day for that - but he should be spending time with his family and his grandchildren. And Dump should be deported to Russia in a straightjacket.

3, 2, 1 until everybody calls me Boris.

Well look at YOU R100! Fancy.

by Anonymousreply 101February 6, 2024 12:38 AM

[quote]He’s not really running for President. He drops out and endorses Haley in exchange for money to pay his legal fees.

You must have somehow missed that he's a narcissist. It's very hard to see him doing that. In fact, if he is going to do that, why hasn't he already? You don't make much sense.

by Anonymousreply 102February 6, 2024 12:40 AM

[quote]First, this poll is out of step with the recently released (1/31) Quinnipiac University national poll of registered voters showing Biden with a lead over Trump 50 - 44 percent in a hypothetical general election matchup.

Six months from now, r94 will still be clinging fervently to the same outlying Quinnipiac poll from January.

by Anonymousreply 103February 6, 2024 12:46 AM

Agreed R102. This is the man who we all thought was going to have to be dragged out of the White House by the army at the end before he retaliated with Jan 6th.

It's an interesting conspiracy theory about Hayley but no-one has taken into consideration the grim determination of Dump's planet sized ego requiring him to be in charge and his desperate need for constant validation from the cult. It's going to be Dump unless he dies before November and we can only hope. If he does die then I can see Hayley as the Republican nominee. Otherwise not. The MAGA cult would probably come up with a way to assassinate her if Dump is still alive. We all know they would.

by Anonymousreply 104February 6, 2024 12:48 AM

He's running for President so he'll keep his fat diapered ass out of prison.

His lawyers just filed a brief in court today stating that if the SC rules him ineligible to run via the 14th amendment he can just ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 105February 6, 2024 12:55 AM

R102 Because you are LIMITED

I could go on explaining it over and over again and you would never understand it. Do you remember the movie “A Fish Called Wanda” where Jamie Lee Curtis has to explain to Kevin Kline how stupid he is? It would be like that.

Trump has no values or allegiance to anything but money. Ergo, he was easily bought. He is simply staying in the election long enough so that Biden did not drop out. Trump was ordered to pay $83 million last week. Where’s he going to get the money?

Trump is obviously physically unwell. He is unfit to handle a rigorous campaign. There is no downside to him doing this. There is a downside to him running for reelection again. He could a) kill himself on the campaign trail and b) fail to get reelected, therefore ensuring he would never get pardoned. A fox stuck in a snare will chew off his own foot to break free. This is him chewing off his own foot.

Again, I could go on but I won’t because it’s not worth it, because apes read political threads on the Datalounge, they just don’t understand it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 6, 2024 1:01 AM

[quote]He's running for President so he'll keep his fat diapered ass out of prison.

Most realistic people realized long ago that Dump would never see the inside of a prison. Although a heart-warming fantasy that he's be locked up - it's something we all have to move on from and forget. It's not gonna happen Gretchen. For so many reasons.

by Anonymousreply 107February 6, 2024 1:52 AM

YAWN.

by Anonymousreply 108February 6, 2024 2:51 AM

I hope your jaw locks open in that yawn R108.

by Anonymousreply 109February 6, 2024 2:55 AM

Yes dear, let's see what you have to say about Nimrata when she drops out after South Carolina R109.

by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2024 2:58 AM

Some people are afraid of spiders. Some people are afraid of heights. BIDEN is afraid of Iran. Also Biden jumped too quickly on the side of BIBI, whose only goal of leveling GAZA without concern for innocent women and children (who are not Hamas). It is now a genocide. The Israelis have even shot the hostages the want to "rescue". Now Blinken is over there begging Bibi AGAIN. I'm not sure I can vote for Biden in November. What is he SOLVING? Nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 6, 2024 3:18 AM

Thousands of Palestinians are not voting for Biden in November. Where is he going to make up those votes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 6, 2024 3:22 AM

Trump's Chances Of Winning Reelection Are Way Worse Than We Thought

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 6, 2024 3:22 AM

Whose the bald clown? I love how he cherry picks his polls and numbers. He should check THIS out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 6, 2024 3:28 AM

R113 = TRUMP won't win. REALITY = November 8th, 2016. Don't believe me? Go ask President Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 115February 6, 2024 3:30 AM

[quote]Go ask President Hillary Clinton.

And you go ask President Joe Biden. Clinging to the 2016 fluke election like gospel, as you seem to be, might be a sign of mental illness of sorts, I have no other explanation.

by Anonymousreply 116February 6, 2024 4:32 AM

[quote]Thousands of Palestinians are not voting for Biden in November.

Well lucky for us then that only Americans can vote in American elections.

by Anonymousreply 117February 6, 2024 4:33 AM

R117 = I'm sorry you were too stupid to realize American Palestinians Voters will not be be voting for Biden. I noticed you didn't explain how Biden is going to make up those thousands of votes?......R116 = Biden had a basement campaign and a pandemic. Now he has wars and open borders. Democrats are going to lose. Sherrod Brown is going to lose in Ohio. Wake up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 6, 2024 6:09 AM

[quote] Democrat exhausted with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 119February 6, 2024 6:11 AM

R119 Get better material. Your Jessica Walter shtick is sad. Almost as sad as Biden not visiting East Palestine in Ohio. Wait for the cussing from ignored Ohians when Biden finally shows up after JD Vance has been there like 8 times stoking the discourse. Where is Biden going to make up THOSE votes? I love how people think Biden will win when he pisses off a lot of voters because he couldn't be bothered to get on a plane to Ohio and Pete Buttigieg went and lied about going back (which has never happened). Maybe Ohio is like Iran and Biden is afraid? Just a theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 6, 2024 6:28 AM

Always with the negative R120. Turn that frown upside down!

by Anonymousreply 121February 6, 2024 6:33 AM

R121 = See you in November. Don't forget to blame Russia when Biden loses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 6, 2024 6:46 AM

R110 - oh I see what you were yawning at now. I'm not that Hayley conspiracy poster. I just happened to post in between your conversation with him and thought you were yawning about this thread.

by Anonymousreply 123February 6, 2024 6:47 AM

[quote]Thousands of Palestinians are not voting for Biden in November. Where is he going to make up those votes?

Luckily, there are plenty of voters who don't belong to the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

by Anonymousreply 124February 6, 2024 12:03 PM

How many Palestinians are there in the U.S. anyway? I doubt there are many.

by Anonymousreply 125February 6, 2024 12:06 PM

"Numbering 170,000 individuals, the Palestinian community in the United States is small, making up less than half a tenth of a percent of the U.S. population. However, this number could be underestimated as Palestinian Americans may consider themselves as just Arab (600,000 people identify themselves as "Arab" or "Other Arab" on the Census), or some Palestinian immigrants with less immersion in the English language may not be able to fill out the Census form with accurate information."

Yeah, that's not a meaningful voting bloc.

by Anonymousreply 126February 6, 2024 12:08 PM

Meanwhile the official Jewish population in the US is 6.3m.

by Anonymousreply 127February 6, 2024 12:10 PM

The Democrats need to make it clear that a Trump presidency means no visits from overseas relatives and no visits back home without being petrified you're not going to be let back in to America.

by Anonymousreply 128February 6, 2024 12:14 PM

[quote] First, this poll is out of step with the recently released (1/31) Quinnipiac University national poll of registered voters showing Biden with a lead over Trump

More accurately Quinnipiac is out of step

by Anonymousreply 129February 6, 2024 1:00 PM

[quote] The Democrats need to make it clear that a Trump presidency means no visits from overseas relatives and no visits back home without being petrified you're not going to be let back in to America.

Foreigners being able to enter the U.S. is a privilege, not a right.

by Anonymousreply 130February 6, 2024 1:38 PM

R130, but visiting overseas and being able to come back home is a right, not a privilege.

by Anonymousreply 131February 6, 2024 1:41 PM

R131 How do you figure that would change? If you have an American passport, I don't see how that would change.

by Anonymousreply 132February 6, 2024 2:05 PM

R132, I didn’t say that, I’m just echoing what Dems are saying. You’d think that it wouldn’t matter, but don’t forget, this is a guy who wants to be emperor, so anything goes as far as he is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 133February 6, 2024 2:21 PM

Trump declares that any Muslim American visiting their homeland is a potential terrorist and must be questioned, detained, etc. upon their return. Yes, it would be challenged in court and struck down, but it would be a huge pain to such citizens ... and severely ratchet up MAGAt animus against Muslim Americans.

by Anonymousreply 134February 6, 2024 2:27 PM

Lol, r122, 2020 just doesn't exist for you, does it?

by Anonymousreply 135February 6, 2024 3:14 PM

R123 Yes, I was yawning at the tedious troll who insists that Trump running for POTUS is all a gimmick to let Nikki Haley step in at the last minute and defeat Biden in a landslide. Somehow we just don't get it. Said troll comes on every thread with her dumb conspiracy theory. At least she's stopped spamming us with picture after picture of lizard people.

But it's fun to play with this troll, batting it around like a cat toy.

by Anonymousreply 136February 6, 2024 3:30 PM

[quote] but visiting overseas and being able to come back home is a right, not a privilege.

For people who are not citizens, it’s a revocable privilege.

by Anonymousreply 137February 6, 2024 3:35 PM

R136

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 6, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote]Thousands of Palestinians are not voting for Biden in November.

Tom Nichols:

"If angry Arab and Muslim Americans put Michigan in play – another challenge for the fractious prodemocracy coalition the Democrats hope to create – then Biden's loss to an anti-Muslim bigot would be among the greatest face-spiting nose removals in history."

by Anonymousreply 139February 6, 2024 4:44 PM

Joe does another ghost meeting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 6, 2024 4:47 PM

[quote] Biden's loss to an anti-Muslim bigot would be among the greatest face-spiting nose removals in history

Seeking revenge is their primary driver in life, so they will be satisfied if they can defeat Biden.

by Anonymousreply 141February 6, 2024 5:02 PM

r140...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 6, 2024 5:05 PM

Palestinians are not voting for Biden? You think they’re voting for Dump, who moved the US embassy to Jerusalem? Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 143February 6, 2024 5:16 PM

They are not voting for Trump. They will not have to.

The Democrats primary means of persuasion that they have to vote for Biden or else… will fairly spectacularly.

by Anonymousreply 144February 6, 2024 5:39 PM

Oh dear, r144. You were home-schooled, weren't you?

by Anonymousreply 145February 6, 2024 5:40 PM

R144, clearly your schooling on America government is lacking.

by Anonymousreply 146February 6, 2024 5:48 PM

The troll argument here seems to be that "Democrats are terrible, why not just give Trump another chance?"

by Anonymousreply 147February 6, 2024 6:42 PM

“I can’t believe Joe Biden didn’t win the election because he failed to shore up support in the demographics necessary to win crucial swing states, if only there was some sort of warning!”

by Anonymousreply 148February 6, 2024 6:46 PM

Yes, because you’re the only one in the whole wide world, r148, that knows he needs to do that.

by Anonymousreply 149February 6, 2024 6:59 PM

I know R148, lets just constantly tear down Biden and the Democrats and do the GQP's work. You always focus on the negative. Don't be a Gloomy Gus.

by Anonymousreply 150February 6, 2024 7:00 PM

R150 = “Let’s take political advice from someone that talks like Pollyanna!”

by Anonymousreply 151February 6, 2024 7:12 PM

Pollyanna says go eat a bag of dicks R151. Nobody here is looking at things with rose colored glasses--it's just that you always seem to be bashing Democrats. Why is that? Can you name 5 good things that Joe Biden has accomplished since 2021? We'll be waiting with baited breath for your reply, hon.

by Anonymousreply 152February 6, 2024 8:22 PM

R152 The point of an election is not whether I can name them, the point of the election is whether the public can. And every poll right now is saying No, they can’t!

You people want to protect democracy so much from every existential threat without appearing to understand what democracy actually is! If more people don’t like Joe Biden or don’t understand his positive accomplishments than the people who do, then he loses the election! And that’s what the polls are saying, over and over again! That’s the democracy you claim to love so much! A popularity contest! We don’t live in a parliamentary democracy where a party can run on its platform! We live in a country where people vote on whether or not they like the person! Yeah, sucks, doesn’t it!

by Anonymousreply 153February 6, 2024 8:37 PM

Majority of polls show Biden winning

by Anonymousreply 154February 6, 2024 8:40 PM

So you failed my test R153. You couldn't say anything positive about Biden's accomplishments. I was talking about you specifically, not the public at large. But you're just here solely to troll and bash Democrats. I got it now, toots.

by Anonymousreply 155February 6, 2024 8:45 PM

R155 I don’t care what you think of me. The reason for that is because I believe you are stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 6, 2024 8:51 PM

Please show me some of these polls. No doubting you, just haven't seen them myself.

by Anonymousreply 157February 6, 2024 8:55 PM

R156 is Francis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 6, 2024 9:00 PM

[quote] Please show me some of these polls. No doubting you, just haven't seen them myself.

[bold]DID YOU BOTHER TO LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD, READ THE ORIGINAL POST OR FOLLOW THE LINK[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 159February 6, 2024 9:02 PM

R152? Oh, dear!

[quote]We'll be waiting with baited breath

Does that mean you have a worm hanging out of your mouth?

It's BATED -- FFS, look it up.

by Anonymousreply 160February 6, 2024 10:43 PM

[quote]Does that mean you have a worm hanging out of your mouth? It's BATED -- FFS, look it up.

Nailed her.

by Anonymousreply 161February 6, 2024 11:05 PM

[quote] Because you are LIMITED

Barbara Thorndyke is with us.

by Anonymousreply 162February 6, 2024 11:25 PM

[quote] Majority of polls show Biden winning

No, they don’t.

by Anonymousreply 163February 6, 2024 11:26 PM

[quote] The Democrats need to make it clear that a Trump presidency means no visits from overseas relatives and no visits back home without being petrified you're not going to be let back in to America.

That’ll make even more people vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 164February 6, 2024 11:27 PM

There's nearly 600,000 federal employees in and around DC. Wait until they hear about Trump's plan to fire them all ON DAY ONE. And that's not counting the federal employees around the rest of the country. They all really appreciate Trump calling them "deep state" and worthless.

by Anonymousreply 165February 7, 2024 7:37 AM

In the District of Columbia there are 141,367

Washington, DC-MD-VA-WV, CBSA 282,666

How can there not be a lot of Bureaucratic empires pruned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 7, 2024 7:52 AM

Trump says his plan isn't to "prune" federal employees, he says he will fire them ALL and replace them. He says they're all worthless, and that he's the man who will get rid of all those deep state agents and put in loyal Trumptards.

by Anonymousreply 167February 7, 2024 8:12 AM

I'll believe that when I see it. He's just a con man who mouths off. Exactly the same with 'The Wall'.

by Anonymousreply 168February 7, 2024 8:16 AM

The Houthis Rebels attack MORE ships in the Red Sea after Bidens meaningless "retaliation". Biden is afraid of Iran so we know anyone there is safe from Bidens next military move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169February 7, 2024 8:26 AM

Trump was going to bomb Iran, but the generals talked him out of it. Trump did free the Taliban and he did follow Putin's orders to have the Taliban freed so they could collect the bounty Putin had put on the heads of American soldiers in Afghanistan. Putin also demanded Trump pull out of Syria and abandon the Kurds, which Trump dutifully obeyed.

by Anonymousreply 170February 7, 2024 8:43 AM

Trump wasn't afraid to blow the Iranian General to hell. Biden won't even cross into their border. If only Biden was afraid of open borders like he is Iran.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 7, 2024 9:05 AM

Five days of White House warnings the retaliation was coming but not to Iran, plenty of time for anybody above the rank of First Lieutenant to grab a bus back to the first Motel 6 on the Iranian side of the border. So 200 JDAMS plus additional Tomahawks to kill a few Hezbollah janitors and parking lot attendants, That'll make Iran back down.

by Anonymousreply 172February 7, 2024 9:26 AM

Oh god, the russian troll has come on shift.

by Anonymousreply 173February 7, 2024 9:31 AM

R171

Trump like Biden used other people to do their killing. And Trump like Biden did not cross into Iran to do these killing .

Trumps people killed that general while he was in Iraq not in Iran.

by Anonymousreply 174February 7, 2024 2:01 PM

There are big chunks of posts missing in this thread, I’m sure they’re all from the same troll turd. Why can’t our FFs get rid of this OP?

by Anonymousreply 175February 7, 2024 2:05 PM

R175 = WHY do you hate NBC News? They printed the story, right? How does anyone become a "troll" from an NBC story? What network is acceptable to you?

by Anonymousreply 176February 8, 2024 12:19 AM

Because R175 is a totalitarian. Everyone must agree with him or they or wrong or lying. Textbook narcissistic personality disorder like his hero, Trump.

by Anonymousreply 177February 9, 2024 2:28 PM

Wrong r177. I only block Trumptards. You can listen to them screeching and lying, but the rest of us don’t need to do shit. You’re either a Trumptard or a masochist if you haven’t blocked them. Which one is it?

by Anonymousreply 178February 9, 2024 2:43 PM

r178 You are literally saying "everyone who disagrees with me is my enemy." This is textbook narcissistic personality disorder.

I'm assuming your mother or father was abusive or boderline abusive.

by Anonymousreply 179February 9, 2024 3:03 PM

Wrong again, r179. I only block Trumptards. TRUMPTARDS. It’s like blocking Hitler. And yes, Trumptards are my enemy, as they should be yours. The question is, why aren’t they yours?

Methinks you’re projecting re abusive parents. Go into the light, it’s much nicer!

by Anonymousreply 180February 9, 2024 3:09 PM

The United States should never have recognized the so-called "state" of Israel.

by Anonymousreply 181February 9, 2024 5:01 PM

[quote] The United States should never have recognized the so-called "state" of Israel.

Every liberal in America ( The same sort of people now with the "From the River to the Sea" posters and flags.) demanded it and with the '48 election only months away and Dewey leading in the polls Harry couldn't risk losing the Jews..

At that point we hadn't transferred ownership of Michigan to Allah.

by Anonymousreply 182February 9, 2024 5:12 PM

R182, Secretary of State Marshall (he, of the Marshall Plan) still opposed it and said that if he voted he wouldn't vote for Truman if he recognized Israel. Presumably he hadn't been a voter because of his military career.

None of this, however, is to excuse the shameful way in which the U.S. neglected to take in Jews and Jewish refugees both during and after the war.

by Anonymousreply 183February 9, 2024 8:32 PM

shameful AND inexcusable

by Anonymousreply 184February 9, 2024 8:34 PM

[quote] None of this, however, is to excuse the shameful way in which the U.S. neglected to take in Jews and [Jewish refugees both] during and [after the] war.

Am really referring mostly to during the war. Am not clear on the U.S. record on after the war, however the same principle would apply if there was neglect. As well as to other nations that had the ability but did not.

by Anonymousreply 185February 9, 2024 8:51 PM

Before the war, the US admitted more Jews than any other country in the world. By far. The next two were British Palestine (under an arrangement with the Nazis) and the UK.

by Anonymousreply 186February 9, 2024 9:00 PM

r179 is (of course) the "They're going to switch Haley with Trump at the last minute" troll.

by Anonymousreply 187February 9, 2024 9:14 PM

Steve Schmidt on what should be done about Biden appearing senile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 9, 2024 9:15 PM

Had I been alive and of age in 1948 I would have been a Truman voter, nonetheless, R182.

by Anonymousreply 189February 9, 2024 11:46 PM

Steve Schmidt is the turd that gave us Sarah Palin. I could GAS about what he has to say R188.

by Anonymousreply 190February 10, 2024 4:57 AM

Prices rose more than expected in January as inflation won’t go away

Wall Street sell-off gains momentum, Dow loses 400 points: Live updates

---------------------------

Every one of my stocks is down this morning. Diversification didn't help much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 13, 2024 4:02 PM

[quote] Prices rose more than expected in January as inflation won’t go away

So the basic rules of economics are still in force and we don’t have a magic Biden economy.

by Anonymousreply 192February 13, 2024 6:23 PM

r192 So much wrong in that one short sentence. You wouldn't know the basic rules of economics if you tripped over and landed ass-first on them.

by Anonymousreply 193February 13, 2024 6:41 PM

R193 = Manless and doesn't understand why. He considers himself witty and charming and smart. The reality is he is argumentative and abrasive and unlikable. He can't just make a point, he must scream the ONLY correct opinion and insult every person who disagrees. He lives alone with his 2 cats. Sad. So very sad.

by Anonymousreply 194February 14, 2024 9:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!