Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Past Lives” (2023)

Will be totally overlooked during awards season but was a very good film.

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 2:54 PM

It was beautiful.

Especially that last 10 minutes.

I was sad that Greta did not get nominated.

A quiet film that hits hard

by Anonymousreply 1February 3, 2024 11:53 PM

I thought I hated it for about the first 20 minutes. By the time it ended I was so glad I stayed, what a beautiful movie.

by Anonymousreply 2February 3, 2024 11:57 PM

R2- YES!!!!! You have to stick it out. it slowly creeps into your soul.

The unheralded actor is the American husband- he is the lynchpin...

The last line (I have to make sure my memory is correct) is what broke me. The last line spoken to greta's character--

Just a truly lovely, quiet, stunning film.

I am going to watch again tomorrow. I thought once was enough, but I think I was wrong

by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2024 12:06 AM

The character of Hae Sung seemed so alone and lost. I felt badly for him.

by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2024 1:01 AM

R4- Oh yes....

They were all wonderful characters...

by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2024 1:05 AM

Finally saw it on Showtime last night. What a lovely movie with beautiful performances. I felt like I was eavesdropping on private conversations. And so glad they didn't make obvious choices with the husband. Of course he was a little jealous and threatened but he was also compassionate and understanding instead of angry and malicious. I adore Greta Lee.

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2024 2:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!