Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

University students go on hunger strike for Palestine

19 Brown U students will refuse food until their demands for Brown to end its complicity in the genocide in Gaza are met. They will remain on strike until the Brown Corporation commits to conducting a vote on a divestment resolution during the February 8 & 9 Corporation meeting.

You know this will last as long as Cynthia Nixon's 'hunger strike' for Palestine (her's lasted a day).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260February 21, 2024 6:56 PM

I give them approximately 18 hours. *YAWN*

by Anonymousreply 1February 3, 2024 1:24 AM

Can I have their stuff?

by Anonymousreply 2February 3, 2024 1:24 AM

Some of the chubby ones can afford to miss a few meals.

by Anonymousreply 3February 3, 2024 1:25 AM

But can take still take drugs and vape? That would be the real challenge.

by Anonymousreply 4February 3, 2024 1:26 AM

Do as I say or I will punish MYSELF!

by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2024 1:27 AM

Wake me up when they glue themselves to the sidewalk and set themselves on fire.

by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2024 1:33 AM

Just put some pizzas in front of them and wait a couple seconds.

by Anonymousreply 7February 3, 2024 1:35 AM

I a, a huge Palestinian rights supporter but these people make me sick.

I’ll tell you what I would do if I was rich

I would announce that for every member of this groups who breaks the hunger strike, I would fully subsidize the gender confirmation surgery of an underprivileged trans woman of color, and that if all of them break the strike, I would double the number of surgeries i would cover.

by Anonymousreply 8February 3, 2024 1:40 AM

Why are the eyes of two of the group blurred out?

by Anonymousreply 9February 3, 2024 1:43 AM

So this means they'll be on a fast for just a week? Big deal. That's an ordinary month for me.

by Anonymousreply 10February 3, 2024 1:44 AM

hunger strikes today, suicide bombs tomorrow. send them to Gaza.

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2024 1:45 AM

If they feel that way why did they decide to go to a university that invests in Israel in the first place? Aren't they the problem?

by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2024 1:45 AM

R12 Kimmy Schmidt did an episode where a woke Asian college student realized she was in a similar paradox

She disintegrated.

by Anonymousreply 13February 3, 2024 1:50 AM

Cynthia Nixon stans!

by Anonymousreply 14February 3, 2024 1:56 AM

[quote]Why are the eyes of two of the group blurred out?

They're so stunning and brave, they wear masks and blur out their faces so nobody can identify them. Almost all the protests I've seen include these bizarre mask wearers. And you know it's not because of covid.

by Anonymousreply 15February 3, 2024 2:04 AM

Exactly r15. They feel so strongly about this shit but they cover their faces like cowards while they scream and rant like lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 16February 3, 2024 2:09 AM

R6 = the ghost of Lucille Bluth

by Anonymousreply 17February 3, 2024 4:20 AM

Students DEMANDING that their schools stop the war in Gaza are so constructive.

by Anonymousreply 18February 3, 2024 5:12 AM

Have hunger strikes ever worked? Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 19February 3, 2024 5:33 AM

At least they’ll be thin and gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 20February 3, 2024 6:09 AM

*Edina Monsoon

by Anonymousreply 21February 3, 2024 6:09 AM

Are you gonna eat that?

by Anonymousreply 22February 3, 2024 6:13 AM

I was on a hunger strike for a new dress.

by Anonymousreply 23February 3, 2024 6:28 AM

Brown should call their bluff and extend their support for several decades.

by Anonymousreply 24February 3, 2024 7:58 AM

Most of them look like fat cows. Decidedly unglamorous. Brown used to be stocked with glamazons and gazelles and has really come down in this world.

by Anonymousreply 25February 3, 2024 9:18 AM

How is Brown an Ivy League school? It seems more a daycare center for double-digit babies.

by Anonymousreply 26February 3, 2024 9:23 AM

I would only take this "action" seriously if each individual student filed a DNR (do not resuscitate) request with the school officials and with their families' knowledge. Otherwise, they'd be making lots of cash from Brown, right? This is a money grab to sue.

by Anonymousreply 27February 3, 2024 10:02 AM

Who cares? I hope the Administration doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 28February 3, 2024 10:03 AM

Pesky minority students felled like flies!

by Anonymousreply 29February 3, 2024 10:03 AM

Brown is the third real college founded in New England. But I suppose it's an Ivy School by location also. And Williams and Wesleyan had the prestige and could have been in that football conference.

by Anonymousreply 30February 3, 2024 10:12 AM

Good way to get rid of the freshman fifteen.

by Anonymousreply 31February 3, 2024 12:00 PM

Gen Z are radicalized psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 32February 3, 2024 12:10 PM

R31 half of them are probably not paying a dime to be at Brown so what does Brown care if they die?

by Anonymousreply 33February 3, 2024 12:15 PM

R19 two situations: suffragists in England and republicans in Northern Ireland had some success.

by Anonymousreply 34February 3, 2024 12:24 PM

Amateurs

by Anonymousreply 35February 3, 2024 12:37 PM

I’m sorry your people are being destroyed by Muslims, Darfur Orphan. No hunger strike for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 3, 2024 12:47 PM

1. There is no genocide in Gaza.

2. There is no ethnic cleansing in Gaza

3. There is no targeting of children, civilians or journalists in Gaza

The entire anti-Israel narrative is built on lies and it is shameful these lies have been given any airtime at all in the west.

I hope these self-absorbed misinformed anti-Semites starve themselves to death. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 37February 3, 2024 12:47 PM

What’s a Hunger Strike?

by Anonymousreply 38February 3, 2024 12:52 PM

^ your daily bread, eh?

by Anonymousreply 39February 3, 2024 3:01 PM

It gets better:

“We breathe together. Stop the occupation.”

Brown University students sing a hymn in support of 19 students hunger striking until the university board agrees to discuss divestment from Israel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 3, 2024 3:05 PM

R37 I hope you’re right, but what makes you so sure?

by Anonymousreply 41February 3, 2024 3:06 PM

[quote] (her's lasted a day)

Tsk.

by Anonymousreply 42February 3, 2024 3:11 PM

R41 - because it's not a genocide. Hamas has knowingly hidden or put targets in civilian areas - including in hospitals.

As far as the # of women and children killed - what do you expect when there is no man to man combat and it's all hiding?

Plus there are a lot of children in Palestine - their fertility rate is almost 3.5 on average per woman.

The Palestinians need to rise up against Hamas. This is the same fucking story we hear in every Middle Eastern country controlled by dictators and terror-based groups. It's the civilians who get hurt. Iraq, Syria, Lybia, it goes on and on.

The leaders of these areas see the people as fodder and justify it by telling them they are martyrs, which goes a long way with Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 43February 3, 2024 3:16 PM

[quote]Most of them look like fat cows. Decidedly unglamorous. Brown used to be stocked with glamazons and gazelles and has really come down in this world.

Unfuckable nerds and foreign students from Muslim countries. I notice it's usually the fuggos and chubs involved in these protests. I'm sure the hot looking students are too busy partying and fucking.

by Anonymousreply 44February 3, 2024 4:02 PM

Do people not know that Israel has not "occupied" Gaza or the West Bank for YEARS now?!?

People are so goddamned ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 45February 3, 2024 4:05 PM

[quote] Unfuckable nerds and foreign students from Muslim countries. I notice it's usually the fuggos and chubs involved in these protests. I'm sure the hot looking students are too busy partying and fucking.

Everyone's sympathies should always be with the prettiest people!

by Anonymousreply 46February 3, 2024 4:16 PM

Amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 47February 3, 2024 4:19 PM

Don’t be silly, r45. All of Israel is inherently an occupation and the Arabs who left what is now Israel in 1948 and their descendants are forever refugees entitled to a special UN Relief Agency just for them. Ukrainian, Armenian, Syrian and Sudan refugees? Go live somewhere else. But “Palestinians?” They, uniquely in human history, MUST return to where their ancestors once lived or remain official refugees forever. Because Jews.

by Anonymousreply 48February 3, 2024 4:19 PM

Your word salad notwithstanding R48, everything in your post is utter stupidity and nonsense which has zero bearing on history or reality.

by Anonymousreply 49February 3, 2024 4:57 PM

R46 = fat unfuckable fug.

by Anonymousreply 50February 3, 2024 4:57 PM

Thank you R37 for a dose of reality and truth in the midst of morons.

by Anonymousreply 51February 3, 2024 4:58 PM

My post is only nonsense to you, r49, because your mind is closed to reason.

by Anonymousreply 52February 3, 2024 5:00 PM

My mind is closed to morons. Read: you R52.

by Anonymousreply 53February 3, 2024 5:05 PM

R48 is 100% right and accurate.

by Anonymousreply 54February 3, 2024 5:07 PM

The Arab refugees fled their homes decades ago because their fellow Arabs launched, and then lost, a series of wars against Israel premised on the idea that Israel must be destroyed. At the same time the Arabs and other Muslim nations expelled almost a million Jews from their lands. These Jews moved to Israel and thrived, but the Arab states refused to take in the Arab refugees so that their suffering could serve forever as a propaganda weapon against Israel. Now they and their descendants are awarded official Permanent Refugee status by the UN. No one else in the world is given this status. The primary mission of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees is resettlement. There is a separate UN Agency dedicated to NOT RESETTLING the Palestinians. If you solely or primarily blame Israel for the status of these refugees, you are not thinking clearly.

by Anonymousreply 55February 3, 2024 5:23 PM

[quote]At least they’ll be thin and gorgeous.

Well.... thinner R20. But they'll still be incurably stupid and gullible though

by Anonymousreply 56February 3, 2024 6:21 PM

God forbid they went to Harvard, Penn or MIT—that shit don’t fly.

by Anonymousreply 57February 3, 2024 6:24 PM

R57, those are all commie shitholes. Think again.

by Anonymousreply 58February 3, 2024 7:07 PM

R34, Shaming a government on behalf of its citizens is one thing; being a handful of students at a private university protesting on behalf of people a half-world away is quite another.

by Anonymousreply 59February 3, 2024 8:00 PM

Unless they are talking to either the Israeli government or Hamas, literally zero percent of this performative fuckery will make a bit of difference.

by Anonymousreply 60February 3, 2024 8:02 PM

does his mean Door Dash, Uber Eats . . .are going to be losing a lot of business

by Anonymousreply 61February 3, 2024 8:07 PM

[quote]Unless they are talking to either the Israeli government or Hamas, literally zero percent of this performative fuckery will make a bit of difference.

This is my question to all of the city councils (Oakland, Chicago, SF) passing 'ceasefire resolutions on a war 6000 miles away.' What an unbelievable waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 62February 3, 2024 8:10 PM

These students should volunteer to be human shields in Gaza.

by Anonymousreply 63February 3, 2024 8:19 PM

Exactly, R60. Total nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 64February 3, 2024 8:20 PM

R57 has been living under a rock.

by Anonymousreply 65February 3, 2024 8:20 PM

Oh wait. It was snark. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 66February 3, 2024 8:21 PM

[Quote] This is my question to all of the city councils (Oakland, Chicago, SF) passing 'ceasefire resolutions on a war 6000 miles away.' What an unbelievable waste of time.

Maybe they should try a ceasefire on the streets of their cities. ABC News Chicago: 3 teens shot, 1 fatally, in apparent targeted attack near their high school

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 3, 2024 8:28 PM

Poison Ivy leaguers.

They wouldn’t last a semester at my flagship public university — the masses would drown them out

by Anonymousreply 68February 3, 2024 8:28 PM

Just let them die, what's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 69February 3, 2024 8:39 PM

They’re not willing to die. It’s pure propaganda. But if they are willing, it would be so brave. I’m sure Netanyahu and Hamas would be moved to reconsider.

by Anonymousreply 70February 3, 2024 8:46 PM

They’re only “hunger striking” until Thursday. That’s not a hunger strike. It’s a diet.

by Anonymousreply 71February 3, 2024 8:48 PM

Good for them for taking a stand to protest against the war crimes that Israel is committing in Gaza. Bunch of fucking geriatrics on this board cheering on the murder of thousands of children. No humanity.

by Anonymousreply 72February 3, 2024 8:52 PM

No one is cheering on the civilian deaths in Gaza, asshole. We’re pointing out the hypocrisy of blaming the war on Israel when Hamas started the war and designed Gaza to maximize civilian casualties so that people like you would take the bait.

by Anonymousreply 73February 3, 2024 9:03 PM

Well at least they're politically engaged and not sitting around staring at their phones all day...

by Anonymousreply 74February 3, 2024 9:05 PM

Wanna bet?

by Anonymousreply 75February 3, 2024 9:05 PM

[quote] We’re pointing out the hypocrisy of blaming the war on Israel when Hamas started the war and designed Gaza to maximize civilian casualties so that people like you would take the bait.

Nothing happened before Oct7th? Are you dumb R73?

Israel have damaged or destroyed approximately half of the buildings in Gaza by now. Do you think Hamas had an operations base in every second building?

by Anonymousreply 76February 3, 2024 9:25 PM

[quote] No one is cheering on the civilian deaths in Gaza, asshole.

None of you seem particularly upset by it though.

by Anonymousreply 77February 3, 2024 9:26 PM

Every other nonresidential building

by Anonymousreply 78February 3, 2024 9:27 PM

[quote]Do you think Hamas had an operations base in every second building?

30,000 Hamas fighters, fully embedded in civilian infrastructure, with a tunnel system as big as the London Underground running beneath?

Sounds about right. Of course Hamas could put on uniforms and fight like a legitimate army. Or better yet, surrender and release the hostages. But they won't.

by Anonymousreply 79February 3, 2024 9:29 PM

R79 Israel holds umpteen more Palestinians illegally imprisoned than there are Israeli hostages. Israel are not fighting like a legitimate army, they’re committing war crimes daily.

[quote] fully embedded in civilian infrastructure

So kill 10,000+ kids? Let me ask you, does the amount of children killed make you think of Israel critically at all? Do you care?

by Anonymousreply 80February 3, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote]Israel are not fighting like a legitimate army, they’re committing war crimes daily.

Are you a military war crimes expert? Just because you don't like something doesn't make it a war crime.

by Anonymousreply 81February 3, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote] None of you seem particularly upset by it though.

How upset were you on Oct 7?

How upset are you about all of the other wars in the world? Ukraine? Sudan? Nagorno-Karabakh?

by Anonymousreply 82February 3, 2024 9:41 PM

[quote]Nothing happened before Oct7th? Are you dumb

Yeah, in 2005 Israel completely left Gaza. Instead of trying to create a functional state, they elected Hamas, started rocket attacks on Israel, and used billions of dollars of foreign aid (including US tax dollars) to create hundreds of miles of underground tunnels, all built to bring us here. To try to wipe Israel off the map.

Or are you trying to 'justify' the largest attack on Jews since WW II?

by Anonymousreply 83February 3, 2024 9:43 PM

The war crimes in Gaza are committed by Hamas by embedding military facilities in civilian neighborhoods and using hostages and their own people as human shields. Cowards.

by Anonymousreply 84February 3, 2024 9:43 PM

[quote] Are you a military war crimes expert?

Don’t need to be an expert to see what Israel is doing.

[quote] How upset were you on Oct 7?

Very I thought it was dreadful. You never answered my question about the children Israel has killed. Any response? I’m taking your avoiding the question that you don’t give a fuck.

[quote] The war crimes in Gaza are committed by Hamas by embedding military facilities in civilian neighborhoods and using hostages and their own people as human shields. Cowards.

Fucking delusional.

by Anonymousreply 85February 3, 2024 9:47 PM

Of COURSE "things happened before Oct. 7th, r76!

Rome Airport; 241 Marines in Beirut; Entebbe; Munich '72; Achille Lauro; Bologna train station;......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 3, 2024 9:50 PM

R86 this might interest you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 3, 2024 9:52 PM

People die in war. That’s why it’s a bad idea to launch a genocidal attack on a powerful neighbor. Remember who plotted for dead children. It wasn’t Israel.

by Anonymousreply 88February 3, 2024 9:54 PM

R80, I pity you if you believe the propaganda of a terrorist organization. And before you snark, I mean the Palestinian Authority and the groups under its aegis: Hamas; PLO; Hezbollah; PFLP; Black September; Fatah; etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 3, 2024 9:54 PM

[quote]Don’t need to be an expert to see what Israel is doing.

That's not an answer. Again, war crimes are based on specific international law, not whatever makes you sad.

Yes - children being killed is terrible, but none of this would be happening if Hamas didn't attack Israel on October 7th.

by Anonymousreply 90February 3, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote] Nothing happened before Oct7th? Are you dumb [R73]?

See my post at r55.

by Anonymousreply 91February 3, 2024 9:57 PM

Bombing hospitals is a war crime. Shutting off civilian power and water supplies is a war crime. Disguising soldiers as doctors and having them shoot patients in a hospital is a war crime. Bombing refugee camps is a war crime. Etc etc etc etc etc.

[quote] People die in war. That’s why it’s a bad idea to launch a genocidal attack on a powerful neighbor. Remember who plotted for dead children. It wasn’t Israel.

You could have just said you don’t care about the 10,000 dead kids, would have been easier.

by Anonymousreply 92February 3, 2024 10:03 PM

“On Lefties Losing it this week, the US is at it again…. This time the students of Brown University decided to participate in a hunger strike for woke Palestine… I don’t know how starving yourself is going to help hungry people but hey if you feel good doing it….”

by Anonymousreply 93February 3, 2024 10:06 PM

virtue signaling

by Anonymousreply 94February 3, 2024 10:08 PM

[quote]Bombing hospitals is a war crime. Shutting off civilian power and water supplies is a war crime. Disguising soldiers as doctors and having them shoot patients in a hospital is a war crime. Bombing refugee camps is a war crime. Etc etc etc etc etc.

When Hamas uses those places for military purposes (storing weapons, using them as headquarters), they become lawful military targets. What is a war crime? Hamas using residential or medical facilities for military purposes.

Also there are no 'refugee camps' in Gaza -see R55. Because Palestinians are considered forever 'refugees' you have 5-6 generations of Gazans, living in residential apartments and neighborhoods, categorized as 'refugee' camps.

Can I be a refugee? My grandfather was run out of Nazi Germany in 1938.

by Anonymousreply 95February 3, 2024 10:10 PM

[quote]Do people not know that Israel has not "occupied" Gaza or the West Bank for YEARS now?!? People are so goddamned ignorant.

It's called squatting. Doing so for decades does not mean it's not an occupation. Can I squat in one of your houses for a year so I can claim it's mine now? And tell you to get over it since so much time has passed? What's your address?

by Anonymousreply 96February 3, 2024 10:13 PM

[quote] When Hamas uses those places for military purposes (storing weapons, using them as headquarters), they become lawful military targets.

The burden of proof here is just Israel saying so. You can’t sit here and tell me that one of the richest armies in the world has killed more children than combatants and that they’re somehow operating correctly while doing so. You weirdos are psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 97February 3, 2024 10:13 PM

R87, Question: Which group of people use suicide bombers to target civilians on buses, playgrounds, in apartments, stores, clubs, train stations, airports? Which group has hijacked civilian passenger planes? Which group has murdered Olympic athletes?

No. You've come to the wrong place with me, no matter what numbers you post.

There is more than one moral for the Palestinians to learn, to wit:

First, do not attack and brutalize the civilians of a sovereign nation and then, after it retaliates, expect to dictate the methods and duration of said retaliation; and

More significantly, do not attack a sovereign nation that exists because its original population was almost wiped off the face of Europe. "Never again" is not a mere slogan. Test it at your peril.

And if one has the brass temerity to wonder, in the inquisitor's eyes, can that nation now be "so cruel," "The Heiress" has the only possible reply:

"Yes, I can be very cruel. I have been taught by masters."

by Anonymousreply 98February 3, 2024 10:13 PM

Starve, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 99February 3, 2024 10:14 PM

[quote]You can’t sit here and tell me that one of the richest armies in the world has killed more children than combatants and that they’re somehow operating correctly while doing so. You weirdos are psychotic

Figures provided by Hamas (and they never include how many people killed were militants in their figures.)

by Anonymousreply 100February 3, 2024 10:19 PM

[quote] It's called squatting. Doing so for decades does not mean it's not an occupation

Like it or not, Israel exists. Calling that existence “squatting” is pretty fucking meaningless, considering the history of the world. Besides, if you’re going to rely on history to define who is squatting, the Jews were there long before the Arabs.

by Anonymousreply 101February 3, 2024 10:28 PM

Brown U?

Brown them.

by Anonymousreply 102February 3, 2024 10:29 PM

I don't have a pony in this game, but this woman I work for on occasion who is a non-practicing Jew is all over this. To her ALL of Palestine is Hamas. She's upset that people call it genocide. She has no understanding of the situation at all or how Israel came about, she only knows "Trump brought peace to the middle east" and has not proclaimed herself a Republican after never voting until 4 years ago. She's 65 years of age. When I pointed out 1,200 people dead vs Israel 25,000 dead it's more than just an eye for an eye she could care less. It's all Hamas and it's not genocide.

Not that it matters but she also thinks that both men and women should serve in the military like Israel, says she wishes she could too, which is laughable because she's never worked a day in her life supported by her rich husband since she was 20 something.

by Anonymousreply 103February 3, 2024 10:43 PM

It isn't genocide, unless words have no meaning and every war is 'genocide.'

by Anonymousreply 104February 3, 2024 10:50 PM

[quote] To her ALL of Palestine is Hamas.

Also R103 over 70% of Palestinians support Hamas, so she's not that far wrong there either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 3, 2024 10:54 PM

It's Genocide if your plan is to wipe out an entire group of people. The reasons for doing that are irrelevant to the definition of the word.

by Anonymousreply 106February 3, 2024 11:03 PM

[quote]over 70% of Palestinians support Hamas, so she's not that far wrong there either

So the other 30% ? Ok to slaughter them too? Sounds like genocide to me. Your numbers are dubious and exaggerated considering 50% of that population is under 18. So a 3 year old is an Hamas warrior?

by Anonymousreply 107February 3, 2024 11:06 PM

R106 thats reasonable. And Israel is not planning to wipe out the Palestinians, if they wanted to do so they would have done it by now, they certainly have the capability

If you think Israel has a plan to wipe out Palestinians, you need to present proof of that assertion

R107 those numbers are neither dubious nor exaggerated they are from a reputable Palestinian polling agency and reported by Reuters. All right at the link I provided. Probably about the only reliable bit of information coming out of there actually

by Anonymousreply 108February 3, 2024 11:10 PM

I actually don't care if they do wipe out all of Gaza, they still have over 100 hostages they could return to stop the battle. At the end of the day it might be a good thing. That said it's still Genocide. Just be honest about it.

by Anonymousreply 109February 3, 2024 11:10 PM

[quote]It's Genocide if your plan is to wipe out an entire group of people. The reasons for doing that are irrelevant to the definition of the word.

So, did the US genocide the Japanese? What about the Germans? How about in Iraq?

by Anonymousreply 110February 3, 2024 11:15 PM

Good luck with that hunger strike, kids. Make it about you!

by Anonymousreply 111February 3, 2024 11:17 PM

Some people on here really could do with actually learning something about the background to this conflict

This video linked is a start, he also has a few others on his profile that are super informative. The one titled 10 Questions PRO-Palestinians Can’t Answer (Can You Prove Me Wrong?)" is great too - and I challenge anyone to prove him wrong

And he is SO cute! He's just adorable, so worth watching just cos he's a hot lil piece of ass.... and knowledgable with it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 3, 2024 11:17 PM

These Brown idiots would have protested the Allies bombing Germany and Japan during WWII if they lived back then.

by Anonymousreply 113February 3, 2024 11:43 PM

Why don't they use their energy to do something about this nightmare right here in America???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 3, 2024 11:55 PM

Why don’t they just use Wegovy to lose weight instead of starving for terrorists?

by Anonymousreply 115February 4, 2024 12:08 AM

[quote]So, did the US genocide the Japanese? What about the Germans? How about in Iraq?

No because America never planned on wiping out the entire population of Japan. The bombs were a knock on the door. And Americans never refereed to ALL Japanese as evil, they knew the difference between ordinary people and Kamikaze suicide bombers.

by Anonymousreply 116February 4, 2024 12:26 AM

Muslims have terrorized the world for half a century now. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 117February 4, 2024 12:29 AM

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about, R116.

by Anonymousreply 118February 4, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote]And Americans never refereed to ALL Japanese as evil, they knew the difference between ordinary people and Kamikaze suicide bombers.

So I guess putting the Japanese in internment camps was just an act of trust and love.

by Anonymousreply 119February 4, 2024 12:45 AM

You cant compare Japan and the US with Israel and Gaza. What a silly attempt to minimize the slow rolling genocide going on in Gaza right now. How many killed there? 30,000? How many killed in Israel? 1,200? At a certain point, it really is just an attempt to wipe out an entire culture. I get that you need to fight back but 30 to 1 is a really high number and there is no stopping in sight. It's almost gratuitous at this point.

by Anonymousreply 120February 4, 2024 12:48 AM

It's not genocide, sorry. If Israel wanted to commit genocide they could easily do so with not one IDF soldier killed. Your ignorance is truly astounding, R120.

Also - it does not go unnoticed that the term 'genocide' is always thrown at the only Jewish state- against a people in which real and actual genocide was perpetrated.

Is this like the 'trans genocide?' Or how about the 'genocide' Palestinians have been supposedly been experiencing for 75 years? Interesting how a people can experience genocide while their population has actually tripled.

by Anonymousreply 121February 4, 2024 12:59 AM

[quote]The Arab refugees fled their homes decades ago

But haven't you head? They aren't Arabs now.

In response to the accusations of Jewish "colonization," many pointed out that Arabs are not indigenous to the area. Arabs come from Arabia, after all, and it was a wave of Arab/Muslim colonization that brought Arabs to the area. And so, now, they are not Arabs. Abbas claims they are Canaanites.

by Anonymousreply 122February 4, 2024 1:00 AM

R117, honey, Muslims have been terrorizing the world since the 7th century.

by Anonymousreply 123February 4, 2024 1:03 AM

I guess all of you cheering on Israel don’t care about the IJC ruling last week. Next time you’re in a hospital getting your leg amputated without morphine, don’t come crying to me that it ain’t fair.

by Anonymousreply 124February 4, 2024 1:10 AM

Dear - we all saw the ICJ ruling - which did not endorse a pause or ceasefire.

by Anonymousreply 125February 4, 2024 1:15 AM

r121, …Look up what genocide means. Not all the Jews were wiped out during The Holocaust, yet it truly was a genocide. Same thing goes for the Armenian Genocide. And this is genocide in Gaza. Withholding food and water for starters.

by Anonymousreply 126February 4, 2024 1:16 AM

What was it about the ICJ ruling you wanted to point out, dear?

It recommended Hamas release the hostages. Was that what you wanted to discuss?

by Anonymousreply 127February 4, 2024 1:18 AM

[quote] it does not go unnoticed that the term 'genocide' is always thrown at the only Jewish state- against a people in which real and actual genocide was perpetrated.

It's funny how a people who really did experience genocide fail to see it when they themselves have become the perpetrators. The inmates have become the prison guards.

by Anonymousreply 128February 4, 2024 1:18 AM

And the mask has come off, R128. Thanks for outing yourself for the Nazi you are.

by Anonymousreply 129February 4, 2024 1:21 AM

[quote]Not all the Jews were wiped out during The Holocaust, yet it truly was a genocide. Same thing goes for the Armenian Genocide. And this is genocide in Gaza. Withholding food and water for starters.

No. The difference is intent, not success rates. The Nazis wanted to wipe out Jews and Gypsies (Roma, Szente).

The Turks wanted to wipe out their Christian populations, most notably the Armenians.

The Israelis are not targeting all Palestinians. Israel is at war with Hamas, which rules Gaza. Hamas uses human shields to protect its ammunition, weapons, and personnel. So, when Israel strikes Hamas, Palestinian civilians are sure to be victims.

And, FWIW, the Gaza Ministry of Health puts out casualty figures, which news sites and NGOs pretend are real numbers. The numbers are inflated and the ratio of civilians to fighters is quite dubious.

by Anonymousreply 130February 4, 2024 1:23 AM

[quote]Withholding food and water for starters.

Your Hamas talking points are tired. If food and water were being withheld - all the people in Gaza would be dead by now. Aid trucks are being let in every day. Look it up, because you'll see plenty of evidence Hamas has been stealing a good portion of it.

by Anonymousreply 131February 4, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote]Next time you’re in a hospital getting your leg amputated without morphine,

In war, neither food nor medicine will not be distributed well. Clean water will be hard to find. Sane people and sane governments seek peace in order to avoid these conditions.

by Anonymousreply 132February 4, 2024 1:26 AM

Who started this? Yep, that's right.

by Anonymousreply 133February 4, 2024 1:27 AM

[quote]And the mask has come off, [R128]. Thanks for outing yourself for the Nazi you are.

Nope, no mask just a general observation. If anything just looking at your statement calling someone a Nazi in and of itself outs you as well.

by Anonymousreply 134February 4, 2024 1:32 AM

I know you are, but what am I. Really? Israel-Palestine arguments are traditionally messy, but still I expect a higher quality argument.

by Anonymousreply 135February 4, 2024 1:34 AM

What would happen if Israel took up the slogan “From the River to the Sea”?

by Anonymousreply 136February 4, 2024 1:37 AM

Well when you start off by calling someone you don't know a Nazi, you already know it's not going to be an honest debate.

by Anonymousreply 137February 4, 2024 1:38 AM

R131

[quote] And now, for more than a week, protesters in Israel have tried, with some success, to block trucks from entering Gaza

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 4, 2024 1:44 AM

But trucks are entering, R138. I thought the point was Israel's state policy was to not allow any food and water?

by Anonymousreply 139February 4, 2024 1:50 AM

R139 not enough trucks. Israel is starving them.

[quote] But now the need is far higher with nearly 2 million people displaced and with Israel only allowing in roughly half the number of trucks compared to enter prior to the war, while intense fighting has made it dangerous to deliver food, according to the U.N.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140February 4, 2024 1:52 AM

And the source is the UN (and specifically UNRWA) - a horribly corrupt and antisemitic organization. This is why more than a dozen countries have suspended funding. Over half the organization is either affiliated with Hamas or have a family member involved with Hamas/Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Their antisemitic schools teach Jew hatred and jihad. At least 12 UNRWA employees participated in October 7th, including a teacher who held an Israeli hostage. A Whatsapp text chain showed over 3000 UNRWA teachers celebrating October 7th.

During the UNRWA Congressional hearing this week, both Democrats and Republicans called for it to be disbanded.

No, they are not a reliable source.

by Anonymousreply 141February 4, 2024 2:03 AM

How many future terrorists is this war going to breed? That's what I want to know. I am guessing these kids will only see with their own eyes how another country is the cause of all their pain and suffering. Their internet is cut off right? And the parents are not going to be singing the praises of Israel. Maybe such a wide spread attack forcing more than 1 million people to move not the best plan to get rid of Hamas or the hostages back.

by Anonymousreply 142February 4, 2024 2:05 AM

Hamas steals food from the people they're supposed to be protecting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143February 4, 2024 2:12 AM

Yes we know r143. What's your point? No one is arguing that Hamas is the good guy. But not all Palestinians are bad people either.

by Anonymousreply 144February 4, 2024 2:17 AM

There was no war, the muslims attacked, now there's war and they bitch! Except that it disrupts the rest of the world, fuck them all to hell.

by Anonymousreply 145February 4, 2024 2:21 AM

I wonder how much AIPAC or J Street is paying you .

by Anonymousreply 146February 4, 2024 2:26 AM

R141, do you just pull these inaccuracies out of your ass or does someone pay you to post here?

by Anonymousreply 147February 4, 2024 2:34 AM

[quote] I give them approximately 18 hours. *YAWN*

Admittedly it is more of an intermittent fast. But still - FREE PALESTINE!

by Anonymousreply 148February 4, 2024 2:38 AM

The point is that food has entered Gaza, meant for the civilians, and taken by Hamas. They're not getting skinny, are they.

by Anonymousreply 149February 4, 2024 2:39 AM

R147- this was all documented in the WSJ and other publications and during Congressional hearings this week. Sorry you're not well informed on the topic. Or did you think the majority of Western countries (including the US) cutting off funding to UNRWA was for shits and giggles? If you don't know what's been happening with UNRWA, then maybe you don't really understand what is happening with Israel/Gaza.

by Anonymousreply 150February 4, 2024 2:43 AM

I applaud their brave action!

by Anonymousreply 151February 4, 2024 3:15 AM

R146, I wonder how much Qatar is paying you.

by Anonymousreply 152February 4, 2024 3:16 AM

Most of Gaza is gone by now, might as well level what's left and start over. Tankies need to find a new cause already.

by Anonymousreply 153February 4, 2024 3:28 AM

Does the strike include ass? Can they still eat ass?

by Anonymousreply 154February 4, 2024 3:33 AM

25,000 dead (taking Hamas at its word ) is terrible, but to claim that this represents genocide to a population of 2.1 million is simply a lie.

by Anonymousreply 155February 4, 2024 4:52 AM

I can't decide if R148 is really just that stupid and ignorant of history, or if he actually knows better and is just being a dishonest propagandist and troll.

by Anonymousreply 156February 4, 2024 5:51 AM

And yes, let's take the word of a group that insisted Israel deliberately destroyed a Hospital by bombing it and killing 500+ people... when the reality turned out to be a misfired Hamas rocket that landed in the parking lot and fewer than 50 people were killed or injured.

Yes, let's take THEIR word for things.

by Anonymousreply 157February 4, 2024 5:53 AM

R144, the vast majority support Hamas, a terrorist organization. That makes them horrible people.

by Anonymousreply 158February 4, 2024 6:26 AM

[quote][R146], I wonder how much Qatar is paying you.

Actually R152 the primary funder of Hamas propagandists is the theocratic dictatorship of Iran, Qatar is merely where the gutless cunts than lead Hamas hide out while the people they are meant to be looking after die. Just a minor correction on the source of the cash, I am otherwise in agreement with you

by Anonymousreply 159February 4, 2024 8:34 AM

Elegantly and perfectly said R98.

by Anonymousreply 160February 4, 2024 1:15 PM

That ruling did not do what you think it did R124, and if you think that The Hague, an international court created to prosecute war criminals BECAUSE AN ACTUAL GENOCIDE WAS ATTEMPTED BY GERMANS THAT RESULTED IN THE HORRIFYING DEATHS OF 6 MILLION JEWS, was ever going to tell Israel to do anything, you are seriously fucking delusional.

by Anonymousreply 161February 4, 2024 1:24 PM

Did they make it through the night without ordering a pizza?

by Anonymousreply 162February 4, 2024 1:39 PM

I hope they die. I know, I'm horrible.

by Anonymousreply 163February 4, 2024 5:44 PM

They are only striking for a few days. They won’t die.

by Anonymousreply 164February 4, 2024 5:48 PM

Unfortunate, R164.

by Anonymousreply 165February 4, 2024 11:00 PM

R164, I don't think they know the meaning of a hunger strike. I don't expect them to. They are so uneducated, I expect nothing from them. I really think this was all part of the plan....a generation or two of uneducated idiots. It has been achieved.

- Yuri Bezamov

by Anonymousreply 166February 4, 2024 11:59 PM

R116, 😄😄😄😄.

Internments here. Atomic-bombings of only civilians there.

by Anonymousreply 167February 5, 2024 3:26 PM

The United States should never have recognized the so-called "state" of Israel.

by Anonymousreply 168February 9, 2024 5:02 PM

Mostly girls, presumably in it for the calorie deficit.

by Anonymousreply 169February 9, 2024 5:23 PM

This is to excuse, however, the shameful and inexcusable way in which the U.S. neglected to take in Jews during the war.

by Anonymousreply 170February 9, 2024 8:42 PM

NOT to excuse

by Anonymousreply 171February 9, 2024 8:43 PM

Israeli citizens blocking aid from reaching Palestinians from Egypt. This is now Israeli citizens committing war crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 13, 2024 2:22 AM

Time for a new Bar-b-q

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 13, 2024 2:30 AM

Did they go on a hunger strike to beg Hamas to release the remaining hostages? Or did they forget who started the bloodshed

by Anonymousreply 174February 13, 2024 2:30 AM

[quote] Palestine (her's lasted a day).

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 175February 13, 2024 2:33 AM

[quote] Did they go on a hunger strike to beg Hamas to release the remaining hostages? Or did they forget who started the bloodshed

They didn’t forget that — that’s why they’re striking against Israel. Did Hamas exist before 1948? Before 1967? Before decades of crushing occupation, collective punishment and land theft, hasbara boy?

by Anonymousreply 176February 13, 2024 2:35 AM

[quote]Unfuckable nerds and foreign students from Muslim countries. I notice it's usually the fuggos and chubs involved in these protests. I'm sure the hot looking students are too busy partying and fucking.

This is really what it comes down to. The hot kids have a lot better things to do, like enjoying being hot kids in their 20s and partying and fucking. You're only young once and you need to enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 177February 13, 2024 2:37 AM

Are they dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 178February 13, 2024 3:06 AM

[quote]Did they go on a hunger strike to beg Hamas to release the remaining hostages? Or did they forget who started the bloodshed

They should be required to take remedial education on the long history of savage and inhuman terrorism by Palestinians against innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 179February 13, 2024 3:07 AM

19 new spots just opened!

by Anonymousreply 180February 13, 2024 3:17 AM

Just looked at their twitter page. There isn't a chance in hell these numbskulls haven't eaten in 10 days.

by Anonymousreply 181February 13, 2024 3:26 AM

They ended the strike after having precisely none of their demands met.

by Anonymousreply 182February 13, 2024 3:32 AM

They're all so unattractive

by Anonymousreply 183February 13, 2024 3:34 AM

The Harvard kids stopped eating for a whole 12 hours in solidarity.

by Anonymousreply 184February 13, 2024 5:02 AM

Not me R184!

by Anonymousreply 185February 13, 2024 5:10 AM

Jazz, go back to dilating your vajayjay.

by Anonymousreply 186February 13, 2024 6:12 AM

Lazy bitches on couches.

You can smell this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187February 13, 2024 9:04 AM

Nearly two dozen activists were arrested Monday for breaching President Biden’s Delaware campaign headquarters in protest of his policies on the climate and Israel-Hamas war.

“Young people won’t support a President who flip flops on climate action and who funds genocide,”

Those arrested made their way up to the eighth floor of the Brandywine Building in downtown Wilmington, which houses the 81-year-old president’s campaign re-election headquarters, and refused police orders to leave.

Protesters continued to wave signs reading, “Fund climate, not genocide” after the arrests of those “sitting in” on the Biden campaign’s operations center.

“Young people are sitting in because Biden needs to lead and deliver, or he’s going to lose,” read a tweet from the Sunrise Movement.

The group also accused the president of going “back on his campaign promise to not drill on public lands” for approving ConocoPhillips’ $8 billion Willow Project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 13, 2024 10:31 AM

Again with the masks, the little creeps.

Also - hunger strikes only MAYBE work if you are willing to starve yourself to death. Like the IRA hunger strike or the British suffragettes. Not - we'll skip a few meals for a couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 189February 13, 2024 11:38 AM

12 fucking hours? are you kidding me? not even one day? that's my fucking Thursday, not eating for 12 hours. That's something to hang your head in shame over. What assholes.

by Anonymousreply 190February 13, 2024 4:51 PM

I do this everyday...

by Anonymousreply 191February 13, 2024 4:52 PM

Seriously. WTF is a 12 hour hunger strike even? I go 12 hours without eating every single day. Longer than that, even. The time between my last food of the evening, and my first food at lunch the next day is easily longer than 12 hours. WTF are these posers even doing?

by Anonymousreply 192February 13, 2024 5:21 PM

Amateurs

by Anonymousreply 193February 13, 2024 9:13 PM

Fatass R193

by Anonymousreply 194February 13, 2024 9:15 PM

[quote] They should be required to take remedial education on the long history of savage and inhuman terrorism by Palestinians against innocent people.

Hasbara creep, you’re no better than the Nazis you’re always flying up the flagpole as justification for your naked theft of the land and livelihood of these people.

The Nazis victim blamed just like you do:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 13, 2024 9:22 PM

By the way, the Nazis called the French resistance terrorists as well. Why were the French committing acts of terror? For fun? I think the Germans may have been somehow the catalyst for that?

by Anonymousreply 196February 13, 2024 9:26 PM

^^Tais-toi, putain de connard

by Anonymousreply 197February 13, 2024 9:41 PM

HAHA, Hamas are the French Resistance now?

by Anonymousreply 198February 13, 2024 9:45 PM

Antisemites get off on falsely equating Jews, of all people, with Nazis.

In any comparison with Nazi Germany, the correct analogy is always in fact that the Jews are still the Jews, and the Nazis are everyone trying to destroy Israel and kill Jews.

by Anonymousreply 199February 13, 2024 10:03 PM

Hunger Strikes are only for attention. Who cares if it's 12 hours. They got their press.

Hamas is to blame for each and every death in Gaza.

by Anonymousreply 200February 13, 2024 10:29 PM

Preach R200!

by Anonymousreply 201February 13, 2024 11:59 PM

Hamas are actually terrorists. They are not "freedom fighters", and they are not "resisters". They are genocidal extremists whose goal is the genocide of not only all Jewish people in Israel, but world-wide, and the installation of a global Islamic Caliphate.

Anyone on the side of Hamas, or defending Hamas, is a fucking sick and twisted individual, a complete failure of a human being. Hamas are brutal barbarians, murderers, butchers, rapists, and kidnappers.

There is nothing at all that excuses or redeems them in any way, shape, or from. Period.

by Anonymousreply 202February 14, 2024 4:42 AM

Well unfortunately R202 “because I say so” isn’t enough for you to bluster through your bullshit. The situation is much more complex than”x = terrorists” which anyone with more than one remaining brain cell would understand. What’s happening currently in Gaza is a total atrocity being committed against humanity by Israel. If you feel nothing for the murdered children and resist a ceasefire I don’t know what’s wrong with you. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 203February 14, 2024 4:57 AM

R203, what happened on October 10th was the true atrocity. It's weird how you Hamas defenders never talk about that. Never seem to hold Hamas accountable for the way they raped and butchered, kidnapped and tortured, and brutally murdered THOUSANDS of innocent women and children on that day, and took such joy in it that they filmed it and laughed as women and children screamed and cried and died at their hands.

And they ran back to Gaza to hide behind civilians knowing damn well what Israel's response to the largest slaughter of Jewish People since the Holocaust would be.

YOU need to fucking get help. Hamas could end this tomorrow. They could release the hostages, and stop firing thousands of rockets into Israeli civilian areas. But you never talk about that because you're a fucking anti-Semitic hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 204February 14, 2024 5:40 AM

No, R203, R202 is absolutely right

It is right there in their charter linked below

Article Thirteen;

[quote]Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement.

and

[quote]There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 14, 2024 8:04 AM

R204 October 10th? Do you mean Oct 7th? I’ve said multiple times on here that what Hamas did on Oct7th was an atrocity. I also won’t go the step of blaming Israel for deaths perpetrated by Hamas, however you people seem to love doing the reverse and absolving Israel of any agency in their war crimes, and doing some sort of reverse minority report thing where you absolve Israel of any war crimes before they’ve even committed them. It’s weird.

Israel are currently targeting civilians in Rafah. What say you? They’ve killed upwards of 12,000 children. Go on have an opinion on this. An honest one.

R205 you’re a lost cause. Worms in your brain, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 206February 14, 2024 8:58 AM

Did they die of starvation yet?

by Anonymousreply 207February 14, 2024 12:12 PM

Political Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 208February 14, 2024 12:26 PM

Fuck Hamas and their apologists. They killed my best friend's sister in 02. I hope they all die painful deaths.

by Anonymousreply 209February 14, 2024 2:34 PM

R206 believes Hamas propaganda... the same people who insisted Israel targeted a hospital and killed 500 people, and later it was found out that, no, it was a misfired Hamas rocket that hit a Hospital parking lot, and maybe 50 casualties total.

R206 is a gullible credulous anti-Semitic bigoted asshole who clings to any lie that paints Jewish people as horrible, even when the lie is being told by NOTORIOUS liars.

by Anonymousreply 210February 14, 2024 2:36 PM

R210 at this point every single hospital in Gaza has either been destroyed or damaged by Israel. There never was definitive determination on who fired that rocket either.

I notice you didn’t / wouldn’t / couldn’t answer my earlier questions and have done the usual scream at me for being ‘anti-Semitic’ (about what is unclear) because your brain is so fried that you can’t argue with logic or examples.

Again, I’d ask your opinion on the 12,000 murdered children. Again I don’t expect an answer. Oh and have a glance at the link below if you’re interested in how Israel is “avoiding” (targeting) medical infrastructure in Gaza.

[quote] The analysis also found that health care facilities were more likely than other buildings to have sustained severe damage or to have been destroyed completely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211February 14, 2024 5:03 PM

I mean, Hamas has been hiding in every Hospital, so, you know, maybe throw some blame their way.

by Anonymousreply 212February 14, 2024 5:04 PM

Yay IDF !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213February 14, 2024 5:11 PM

If someone had told me ten years ago that people would be speaking of Hamas and even sticking up for them, like they are reasonable people and not fucking scumbag terrorists, I would have laughed. Are you fucking kidding me? Just stop, there's no fucking "buts" about it. You're caping for a fucking terrorist group. "But Israel..." No, stfu, Israel does what they have to do in the face of fucking terrorist attacks. Go fucking fast for three hours like these assholes, and post about it on twitter, stop trying to get people to "understand" Hamas.

by Anonymousreply 214February 14, 2024 5:20 PM

[quote] I mean, Hamas has been hiding in every Hospital

Do you have a source for this? Or any evidence? I see this posted so much, and there’s never any actual evidence included alongside it. It’s just taken as a statement of fact even though it’s just you saying it. Doesn’t pass the smell test.

R214 who’s sticking up for Hamas? I’m shocked that you all can sit around and praise the IDF while it wholesale slaughters babies. I have to repeat it, none of you will address head on this question. How do you feel about the 12,000+ children that have been killed? And don’t do this dance and blame Hamas for Israel’s bombs that are being aimed at and falling on and thus killing civilian targets. It’s shameful.

Also I have to remind you that Palestine has legal recourse to fight against what was happening with the settlements in the West Bank (among other reasons).

by Anonymousreply 215February 14, 2024 5:52 PM

Yay IDF !

Troops nab 20 terror operatives holed up at Al-Amal Hospital in Gaza’s Khan Younis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 14, 2024 5:57 PM

R215

Hamas hiding in and under hospitals - confirmed by US intelligence ( in this case Al Shifa, Gaza's largest)

This is as good a confirmation as you can get short of going there ourselves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 14, 2024 7:21 PM

Oh and further - Hamas members themselves admitted they use hospitals as bases

From the horses mouth (or rather the terrorists mouth)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218February 14, 2024 7:24 PM

R217 lmao that doctored Israeli video from the hosp is the proof? You gals. Again this is one hospital you’ve sent shitty source info from. And the second “Israel says” and that website?!? Give me a fucking break lol.

by Anonymousreply 219February 14, 2024 7:35 PM

R215, there are plenty of sources, and plenty of evidence. I've watched video evidence of it myself without even going out of my way to find it. WTF is wrong with you? Why are you so DESPERATE to side with proven liars and barbaric terrorists like Hamas? JEsus christ, you're a suck fuck.

by Anonymousreply 220February 14, 2024 7:41 PM

So US intelligence (as well as almost every Western intelligence agency in the world) are wrong, but we're supposed to believe casualty numbers put out by Hamas? Yeah, that makes sense.

The only people who still believe Israel bombed the Al-Shifa hospital are R219 and Rashida Tlaib.

by Anonymousreply 221February 14, 2024 7:42 PM

Go on then, R220 let’s see some independent sources that show that Hamas were hiding out in (not as patients but as operational military) in every hospital that was bombed and that this was happening when the hospital was bombed and not some vague time in the past. There are “plenty of sources” so it shouldn’t be too hard.

by Anonymousreply 222February 14, 2024 7:44 PM

R221 As soon as the below happened from the US President in the wake of Oct 7th it was clear that they weren’t going to allow facts get in the way of their support for Israel. They’re not credible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 14, 2024 7:52 PM

So, tell us, R223 - who is credible?

by Anonymousreply 224February 14, 2024 8:00 PM

R224 honestly it’s very difficult to get an accurate picture, or to trust any one source. Personally I’m seeing what the aid agencies are saying and then also looking to UN commentary. The ICC ruling is important. And video evidence that is making it though from Gaza is very important. You’ve seen the demolitions of the universities? Empty universities and libraries being destroyed by the IDF via controlled explosion that they’re laying in person (not air strikes)? The IDF are absolutely not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 225February 14, 2024 9:45 PM

The UN is not to be trusted. UNRWA is effectively an arm of Hamas. The UN and their hatred of Israel - while giving a pass to countries like North Korea, Iran, Russia, China, is a joke. And what videos from Gaza? The videos posted on TikTok? The Al Jareeza 'journalists' who moonlight as Hamas terrorists?

by Anonymousreply 226February 14, 2024 9:52 PM

Sorry kids you’re not important enough to stop countries at war. I guess you’ll all starve yourselves to death by choice. Stupid asses.

by Anonymousreply 227February 14, 2024 9:55 PM

About 80,000,000 humans died in WWII only 80 years ago. This is just another neighborhood spat. Perspective, people.

by Anonymousreply 228February 14, 2024 10:15 PM

Over 400,000 have now died since Putin has invaded Ukraine. Not 20-30,000.

Where's the outrage?

by Anonymousreply 229February 14, 2024 10:25 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 14, 2024 10:34 PM

R226 the above link is for you. This is an example of video footage that is very worthwhile to see. Gives you an example of how the IDF are acting on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 231February 14, 2024 10:36 PM

Brown students going on a hunger strike? It would be more meaningful if they want on a drug strike!

by Anonymousreply 232February 14, 2024 10:41 PM

No where in that video does it show the IDF shooting. It says shots rang out. Great. It's a war zone. Show us it was the IDF who shot those people. Provide proof, not outrage.

by Anonymousreply 233February 14, 2024 10:43 PM

I'm sure the Brown students are pigging out on pizza as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 234February 14, 2024 10:45 PM

R233

[quote] The shooter is not seen in the video. But before the shots are fired, the camera pans, showing what looks to be an Israeli tank positioned nearby. Ahmed Hijazi, a citizen journalist who filmed the episode, told The Associated Press that an Israeli tank fired on the group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 14, 2024 10:55 PM

Why are you arguing with the fucking hamas apologist? Go fuck yourself, hamas guy. No one fucking cares. Oh and if they hadn't taken those hostages, IDF wouldn't be doing this shit. Now please fuck off back to your queers for palestine group. I'm sure some people want to light you on fire and throw you off a building.

by Anonymousreply 236February 15, 2024 12:45 AM

Can you please pass me that Nutella you're not using?

by Anonymousreply 237February 15, 2024 12:48 AM

Is it too late to join them???

They’re going to be SNATCHED by summer.

by Anonymousreply 238February 15, 2024 1:07 AM

Have they died of starvation yet?

Why the fuck not?

I thought they [italic]cared[/italic]!!

by Anonymousreply 239February 15, 2024 5:08 AM

R15

When I went to UT Austin in the 80s, apartheid and divestment were the big issue - there was a replica shanty on the west mall on campus for years, e.g., and protests fairly frequently. Anyway, one protest was bigger than most and the protestors painted their palms red then made “bloody” handprints all over the main building, which is the base of the famous UT Tower. The next day, a woman in my dorm made the cover of The Daily Texan - the pic was of her chanting/yelling with her bloody palms outstretched. It was a terrific picture.

She folded the paper such that her picture was visible and carried it all over campus that way all day long to make it clear it was her. I laughed back then but looking back, good for her - she was on the right side of history and was proud.

And yes, the university divested from Seth Efrica.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240February 15, 2024 9:01 AM

Let Max in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241February 16, 2024 1:39 PM

Can we talk about how horrible that song is they all sang?

We breathe together we breathe together we breathe together

Stop the occupation

by Anonymousreply 242February 16, 2024 2:31 PM

I’ve been shocked by the UN’s involvement R226. It’s time to talk about dismantling them. It’s a worthless organization that does nothing anyway.

by Anonymousreply 243February 16, 2024 3:54 PM

[quote] I’ve been shocked by the UN’s involvement

Than you've not been paying attention for the last three generations. The UN would close its eyes and whistle if there was a pogrom throughout Israel "from the river to the sea".

And the US taxpayer gets the honor of paying for most of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 16, 2024 10:12 PM

R220 that is our world now. People in echo chambers. LA LA LA LA LA MY TRUTH IS THE ONLY TRUTH LA LA LA LA LA LA

by Anonymousreply 245February 16, 2024 10:34 PM

[quote] Than you've not been paying attention for the last three generations. The UN would close its eyes and whistle if there was a pogrom throughout Israel "from the river to the sea". And the US taxpayer gets the honor of paying for most of it.

To be honest R244 I can understand R243 being shocked. Dont be too hard on them. The extent of the corruption and dysfunction is not widely known to the general public, and has not been featured in the mainstream media for the most part with a few honourable exceptions. Just be thankful that R243 has been willing to open their eyes now.

Its sad what the UN has become, it was started with such noble intentions and could have done so much good as it did initially

by Anonymousreply 246February 16, 2024 11:03 PM

Something tells me these idiots wouldn’t love Hamas so much if they live next to them

by Anonymousreply 247February 17, 2024 12:24 AM

FO, r168. Empires and nations have been obliterated, restored, and begun anew since, well, empires and nations. Byzantine, Roman, Alexandrian, Norman, Poland, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Soviet Union, etc., etc., etc. But it's only Israel that you overtly take issue with.

I suppose, though, you think the US, should the event come to pass, should recognize the "state" of Palestine?

by Anonymousreply 248February 17, 2024 8:58 PM

They gave it the old college try of....A WEEK. 🙄

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249February 17, 2024 9:01 PM

Good article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250February 17, 2024 10:14 PM

YAY IDF !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251February 18, 2024 1:51 AM

R50 that was a terrific article

Everybody here should read it

This bit really hits home

[quote]In an April 2023 lecture, David Nirenberg, the historian, presented the example of an activist with a large following whose boundary-pushing rhetoric met with accusations of anti-Semitism. The activist pointed out, as Nirenberg put it, that anti-Semitism “was merely an accusation that Jews used to silence criticism and squash free speech.” He brought libel lawsuits against newspapers that accused him of anti-Semitism, and won them. It is unfortunate for those making this argument today that this activist was named Adolf Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 252February 18, 2024 4:11 AM

Damn I mean R250

by Anonymousreply 253February 18, 2024 4:12 AM

Yeah that's super deep. That man's name; Adolf Hitler. And then everyone clapped, right?

by Anonymousreply 254February 18, 2024 1:43 PM

[quote] Than you've not been paying attention for the last three generations. The UN would close its eyes and whistle if there was a pogrom throughout Israel "from the river to the sea".

I haven’t been paying close attention. Why would I? It’s the UN, it has no bearing in the real world. It has zero authority or real power. No one outside a small coterie of politicians and their hangers on pay attention to it. It’s mostly an outdated building on the far East Side of NY that people avoid because of the traffic.

The Hague has some cache because of its post WW2 prosecutions, but they have clearly slipped when they allow a ridiculous country like South Africa, the progenitors of Apartheid, even attempt to bring charges against Israel. Clearly, these organizations are deeply corrupt now and need to be exposed and shut down.

by Anonymousreply 255February 20, 2024 1:32 PM

[quote] It’s the UN, it has no bearing in the real world. It has zero authority or real power. No one outside a small coterie of politicians and their hangers on pay attention to it.

That sounds like it's certainly worth the $12 billion Biden shovels into the UN

he U.S. government contributed about $12.5 billion to the United Nations in 2021, the most recent fiscal year with full data available. About one-quarter of this total was assessed and the rest was voluntary. This represents about a quarter of the roughly $50 billion the United States spends annually on foreign aid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 20, 2024 11:54 PM

The idea of the UN was great post WW2. But that’s clearly not paid off. The US should kick them out of NY, and stop funding them.

by Anonymousreply 257February 21, 2024 1:05 PM

When you let Russia or Syria or China or Saudi Arabia similar countries lead the "Human Rights Committee", that's when you know the UN has issues.

by Anonymousreply 258February 21, 2024 1:47 PM

Are they dead yet, it can take a long time, they should have stopped the water, kidney failure comes quick but painful I hear.

by Anonymousreply 259February 21, 2024 6:32 PM

Oh they only didn't eat for 12 hours, which is me, everyday.

by Anonymousreply 260February 21, 2024 6:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!