Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item!- former A list athlete was molested by his coaches and groomed from a young age

“ This former A+ list athlete is known to all. He had a lot of the typical relationships that attractive A list athletes have, but he also hid the fact that he enjoyed experimenting with men. He will say he wasn't groomed, but from a very young age, male coaches molested him and made him sleep in their beds. One high profile relationship went crazy wrong when his significant other found out he also enjoyed men. He had another high profile relationship with an older woman who knew lots of gay men and would call one up whenever our athlete wanted to explore. In his long time marriage, his wife often just assumes the role of a man which seems to work out best for them. He hasn't gone looking in a long time.”

Who do you think it is?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2024 3:39 AM

Troy Aikman

by Anonymousreply 1February 1, 2024 2:52 AM

[quote]One high profile relationship went crazy wrong when his significant other found out he also enjoyed men

Aaron Rodgers.

by Anonymousreply 2February 1, 2024 2:55 AM

Andre Agassi / Brooke Shields / Barbra Streisand

by Anonymousreply 3February 1, 2024 2:56 AM

People are guessing Andre Agassi and the clues seem to fit

by Anonymousreply 4February 1, 2024 2:56 AM

Oh and Steffi Graf for the wife

by Anonymousreply 5February 1, 2024 2:57 AM

Are they saying his wife pegs him at the end of the blind item?

by Anonymousreply 6February 1, 2024 3:00 AM

[quote] Oh and Steffi Graf for the wife

You hit that on the nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 1, 2024 3:00 AM

I've lost count of how many youth tennis and hockey coaches have been arrested for assaulting kids in recent years, R3 is probably right.

by Anonymousreply 8February 1, 2024 3:26 AM

Once is an experiment; a few times is exploring; any more than that and you’re a fag.

by Anonymousreply 9February 1, 2024 3:32 AM

Don’t pull on my wig!

by Anonymousreply 10February 1, 2024 6:45 AM

r9 just wants to keep posting the word "fag" over and over here, and he thinks the tired Matt Damon reference allows him to do it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 1, 2024 6:49 AM

R11: or they just have a sense of humor

by Anonymousreply 12February 1, 2024 7:03 AM

Joe Namath?

Mark Gastineau?

by Anonymousreply 13February 1, 2024 7:07 AM

A. Rod.

by Anonymousreply 14February 1, 2024 7:30 AM

Bart Connor?

Mitch Gaylord?

by Anonymousreply 15February 1, 2024 7:33 AM

This is almost certainly Agassi. All the clues fit his biography.

by Anonymousreply 16February 1, 2024 7:35 AM

It's me! It's me!

by Anonymousreply 17February 1, 2024 7:37 AM

Agassi also used to smoke meth. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 18February 1, 2024 8:18 AM

Evan Lysacek?

by Anonymousreply 19February 1, 2024 8:35 AM

Evan is G list at best. Agassi a good guess.

by Anonymousreply 20February 1, 2024 8:38 AM

R20, you'll have to forgive me. I'm stoned and just migrated from the figure skating thread.

by Anonymousreply 21February 1, 2024 8:41 AM

I'd say Val Bure but neither him or his preachy cunt of a wife have ever been A List.

by Anonymousreply 22February 1, 2024 8:47 AM

Joe DiMaggio

by Anonymousreply 23February 1, 2024 9:19 AM

R18 maybe with reason.

by Anonymousreply 24February 1, 2024 9:21 AM

Agassi probably turned to meth to blot out his conflicted mind

by Anonymousreply 25February 1, 2024 9:43 AM

[Quote] Agassi probably turned to meth to blot out his conflicted mind

or as preparation to get fucked

by Anonymousreply 26February 1, 2024 9:51 AM

The Hamms

by Anonymousreply 27February 1, 2024 10:27 AM

If it's Agassi, I wonder if the pushy father knew about it and turned a blind eye? What a coercive situation for the "scholarship " boy.

[QUOTE]When he was 13, Agassi was sent to Nick Bollettieri's Tennis Academy in Florida.[14] He was meant to stay for only three months, because that was all his father could afford. After thirty minutes of watching Agassi play, Bollettieri, deeply impressed by his talent, called Mike and said: "Take your check back. He's here for free."[36] Agassi then dropped out of school in the ninth grade to pursue a full-time tennis career.[37

by Anonymousreply 28February 1, 2024 10:38 AM

[quote] He hasn't gone looking in a long time

Well, ain't that the biggest lie ever told. Once a man, who is predisposed to enjoy the love that dare not speak its name, partakes of it not once buy many times, he's going to keep coming back for more no matter what life situation he finds himself in.

by Anonymousreply 29February 1, 2024 10:38 AM

Agassi? Yuck. I'd almost rather fuck Steffi.

by Anonymousreply 30February 1, 2024 10:43 AM

Andre was gorgeous when he was young. Then he went bald and got fat faced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 1, 2024 10:58 AM

Re: Agassi, it was that old world dad of his likely. Armenians have such issues with having gay kids. Oy!

by Anonymousreply 32February 1, 2024 11:02 AM

It’s unlikely to be an athlete in a big, team sport. They don’t consistently have the one on one exposure to coaches from a “young age.” Figure skating and gymnastics fit from that perspective, but skaters and gymnasts aren’t high profile enough to have a blind item about them 20 years after their glory days, especially a gymnast. And a gay male figure skater probably wouldn’t bother to marry two women. Ditto a diver. Swimming is almost team-sport like in terms of how practices are arranged, so less likely, but possible. I have the impression that track athletes tend to emerge as stars a little later in the game, compete more locally when they are young. Is that correct?

Tennis makes the nose sense even without looking at the individual circumstances. And there was something weird about the Agassi-Shields marriage.

by Anonymousreply 33February 1, 2024 11:03 AM

Kobe Bryant.

by Anonymousreply 34February 1, 2024 11:03 AM

[quote] R9] just wants to keep posting the word "fag" over and over here, and he thinks the tired Matt Damon reference allows him to do it.

I’m perfectly capable of using the word fa. . . fa. . . that word . . . whenever I please, because I AM a fa . .fa

Dammit.

by Anonymousreply 35February 1, 2024 11:48 AM

[quote] the love that dare not speak its name

Time to retire that worn out phrase. It is now the love that will not shut its mouth.

by Anonymousreply 36February 1, 2024 11:53 AM

Mike Nichols still lives!

by Anonymousreply 37February 1, 2024 11:56 AM

Yogi Berra

by Anonymousreply 38February 1, 2024 11:57 AM

Agassi's father isn't Armenian he's Iranian

by Anonymousreply 39February 1, 2024 12:00 PM

[quote] his wife often just assumes the role of a man which seems to work out best for them. He hasn't gone looking in a long time.”

This doesn't make sense to me. This sentence confuses orientation with a practice or fetish. Just because you peg someone or assumes a dominant role in a relationship doesn't mean that he is no longer into men. This line seems to repeat the old stereotype that dominated men aren't real men but gay. Am I overanalyzing this? I feel like an old straight dude wrote this BI.

by Anonymousreply 40February 1, 2024 12:06 PM

Caitlyn Jenner

by Anonymousreply 41February 1, 2024 12:17 PM

So Barbra Streisand would call up her gay friends to come over and have sex with her boyfriend? Would she just take a turn through the mall until they were finished? How magnanimous.

by Anonymousreply 42February 1, 2024 12:20 PM

R39, his father was ethnic Armenian, though born in Iran. Armenians come from all over.

by Anonymousreply 43February 1, 2024 12:21 PM

I encourage y’all to read his autobiography- it was a very interesting read. I’m not a big tennis fan but really enjoyed it. And yes, I definitely think it’s him. Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 44February 1, 2024 12:24 PM

[quote] So Barbra Streisand would call up her gay friends to come over and have sex with her boyfriend? Would she just take a turn through the mall until they were finished?

She had very cruisy bathrooms installed in the mall.

by Anonymousreply 45February 1, 2024 12:29 PM

R31 = Brooke, still reeling after it all went crazy wrong.

by Anonymousreply 46February 1, 2024 12:38 PM

I can't believe those two pictures are the same person, R31. Like, I never would have guessed.

by Anonymousreply 47February 1, 2024 1:00 PM

Didn't Cher date Agassi, too?

by Anonymousreply 48February 1, 2024 1:28 PM

Babe Ruth

by Anonymousreply 49February 1, 2024 2:12 PM

Enty loves his “children being groomed” blinds.

by Anonymousreply 50February 1, 2024 2:18 PM

I would rather have had Pete Sampras, before his head hair tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 51February 1, 2024 4:16 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 52February 1, 2024 4:24 PM

R35 "I’m perfectly capable of using the word fa. . . fa. . . that word . . . whenever I please, because I AM a fa . .fa"

But are you you Mat...Damo....?

by Anonymousreply 53February 1, 2024 5:21 PM

Derek Jeter

by Anonymousreply 54February 1, 2024 7:04 PM

R48 I thought it was Diana Ross, before Streisand. I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 55February 1, 2024 8:06 PM

Former #1 in tennis, PETE SAMPRAS. His childhood coach was a pedo.

Agassi was a social climber. Never heard about him with men or Cher.

by Anonymousreply 56February 1, 2024 8:11 PM

Maybe Graff has threesomes with him and another man...who knows? Graff is bi at the very least. She had lesbians in her box during matches.

by Anonymousreply 57February 1, 2024 8:18 PM

Also, didn't they drug test them? did they turn a blind eye? Did he mention how he managed to hide his drug use in his auto bio?

by Anonymousreply 58February 1, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote]I've lost count of how many youth tennis and hockey coaches have been arrested for assaulting kids in recent years

Some tennis coaches tried to get with me when I was in high school. I came home from tennis camp and told my parents what happened with two of the coaches and they told me to never tell anyone about it. They made me feel like it was my fault that it happened.

by Anonymousreply 59February 1, 2024 8:55 PM

The blind item definitely fits Agassi and Streisand the best. However, that doesn’t make it true.

by Anonymousreply 60February 1, 2024 8:59 PM

I don’t know how these coaches, priests, etc know they can get away with this. Perhaps they were themselves victims of abuse so they can have some confidence that the child will not say anything out of shame or guilt and that if they do, the parents either won’t believe them or will blame the kid.

I’m really surprised how often it seems to happen.

by Anonymousreply 61February 1, 2024 9:04 PM

[quote] So Barbra Streisand would call up her gay friends to come over and have sex with her boyfriend? Would she just take a turn through the mall until they were finished? How magnanimous.

What can I say? I enjoyed haggling with the faygelah I hired to run my tchotchke shop. Then I'd stroll over to the frozen yogurt shop, get a cone, and by the time I came back upstairs, the boys had done their business.

by Anonymousreply 62February 1, 2024 9:10 PM

Andre used to date Barbra Streisand. He MUST be gay.

by Anonymousreply 63February 1, 2024 9:16 PM

Ahem! r63

by Anonymousreply 64February 1, 2024 10:12 PM

That Blind Item is pretty homophobic - he was sexually abused by his coaches as a child and so he grew up enjoying experimenting with men. Being sexually abused as a child made him like sex with men as an adult?

by Anonymousreply 65February 1, 2024 10:21 PM

Also homophobic: the only reason he likes sex with men is because he likes to take it up the butt, so if his wife pegs him that satisfies his urges (which he only acquired because he was sexually abused as a child).

by Anonymousreply 66February 1, 2024 10:25 PM

I agree it is homophobia to mention prefering or experimenting with men in the same article as talking about abuse.

There is a scandal in almost every sport. The libel laws and retaliation laws could be enforced better to protect victims including in online situations . You should see the backlash to safe sport in some Olympic sports. Its horrible and ignorant

by Anonymousreply 67February 1, 2024 10:41 PM

Amazing that people would oppose that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 1, 2024 10:43 PM

Sounds like Agassi.

He's written and spoken extensively about how much he hated playing tennis competitively. He was obviously groomed in multiple ways.

by Anonymousreply 69February 1, 2024 10:50 PM

He went to HS with my best friend who told me in 1971 the AA was gay.

by Anonymousreply 70February 1, 2024 10:50 PM

Well, that settles it. Shall we claim him?

by Anonymousreply 71February 1, 2024 10:52 PM

R70 Wow! Andre Agassi went to high school at the age of one?

by Anonymousreply 72February 1, 2024 10:52 PM

well, it was more obvious to me when he married steffi graff, a fucking lesbian

by Anonymousreply 73February 1, 2024 10:52 PM

[QUOTE]I would rather have had Pete Sampras, before his head hair tragedy.

Funny you mention that. The Daily Mail Bridget just Bridget Fonda'ed Sampras a few days ago. "Tennis Legend Pete Sampras is unrecognizable!"

by Anonymousreply 74February 1, 2024 11:13 PM

Agassi is a FUG as well as an asshole his whole life, you want him?

by Anonymousreply 75February 1, 2024 11:18 PM

Agassi seemed to have a rather 'passionate' relationship with Coach Bollettieri.

[quote] Coming to Bollettieri’s school as a teenager, Agassi instantly caught the coach’s eye because he was different. His attitude, his game, it all just shouted superstar. Bollettieri, yearning to be a star himself, put Agassi under his wing and the two became inseparable as his pupil became the hottest thing in the sport.

[quote] However, the good times didn’t last forever. Following a grand slam win with Agassi, in 1993 Bollettieri shockingly left the player he said he loved like a son. And if that wasn’t heartbreaking enough for Agassi, Bollettieri didn’t give a passionate face-to-face goodbye but instead ended it all via a letter to his star. The two have not been on speaking terms since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 1, 2024 11:26 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 1, 2024 11:32 PM

Wayne Gretsky?

by Anonymousreply 78February 1, 2024 11:32 PM

Magic Johnson

by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2024 11:36 PM

AA modeled and endorsed clothing and colognes long before it was fashionable for “straight” athletes to do so.

by Anonymousreply 80February 2, 2024 3:37 AM

“ Graff is bi at the very least. She had lesbians in her box during matches.”

Wouldn’t that interfere her playing?

by Anonymousreply 81February 2, 2024 3:54 AM

Tim Tebow?

by Anonymousreply 82February 2, 2024 4:36 AM

Teboq.

by Anonymousreply 83February 2, 2024 4:36 AM

The blind item may be about Andre Agassi, but Sampras was also molested. I'll try and find the article about his bizarre sleeping habits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 2, 2024 5:27 AM

Found it. Slept 11-13 hours a night, frigid temperature, no lights on, not even a clock or cable box, and cannot be touched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 2, 2024 5:33 AM

Sexuality loosened as I got older but when I was growing up many boys experimented with each other before they started with girls because it was easier and they didn't look at it as gay. It was just like practicing for girls for some straight boys.

by Anonymousreply 86February 2, 2024 5:34 AM

R77 Pete Sampras has morphed into Ernest Borgnine.

by Anonymousreply 87February 2, 2024 10:42 AM

R65

It would seem more likely he was abused at a young age because they realized he was or was likely gay. Not that he was abused at a young age and then became gay. Abusers would know who to,pick and choose.

With this sort of ongoing sleep in my bed when we are on the road relationship, I’d always look at individual sports like tennis, golf, swimming, etc not team sports.

If anyone has ever traveled with a team of youths in a sport you would know that there are lots of adults, lots of moms, lots of kids, an individual sport it might just be the youth and the coach traveling.

by Anonymousreply 88February 2, 2024 11:00 AM

This is Datalounge, only good looking athlete guesses, please.

by Anonymousreply 89February 2, 2024 11:02 AM

Oh sure, r88, because child sexual abusers are always so concerned to seek consent from their victims and hope they enjoy it too.

by Anonymousreply 90February 2, 2024 11:08 AM

Agassi went to this school

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 2, 2024 11:09 AM

Bjorn Borg's old coach, Lennard Bergelin used to massage a nude Bjorn after every match. An article made mention that Lennard's 'strong hands' touched every part of Bjorn's body. I always read that as weird.

Agassi once made a comment about his 'friendship' with fellow Bolleteri pupil, Jim Courier 'we are personal friends now after ending our RELAtiONSHIP', lol.

by Anonymousreply 92February 2, 2024 11:11 AM

Sampras stood by his former coach, pediatric endocrinologist Peter Fischer, even after he was criminally charged with numerous counts of child molestation for sexually abusing boys undergoing growth-hormone treatment in his Kaiser Permanente offices in Downey and Bellflower in Los Angeles County. He never laid a hand on young Pete, presumably.

by Anonymousreply 93February 2, 2024 11:37 AM

So odd, the Sports Illustrated article linked above states he was a pediatric neonatolgist at the time of writing. He radically changed specialties for access to adolescent boys who look younger than they are? 😬 Maybe Pete was really sheltered and has come to understand things a little better.

by Anonymousreply 94February 2, 2024 11:45 AM

Idk about Agassi. If this is true it doesn't fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 2, 2024 11:46 AM

Smashing up all his own trophies because she was on Friends?

by Anonymousreply 96February 2, 2024 11:53 AM

Brooke was the love of Michael Jackson's life, too.

by Anonymousreply 97February 2, 2024 11:55 AM

I say BS to the item- or at least not Agassi. Stef and Barbra are very hetero. Stef had some gorgeous boyfriends prior to Andre. And Barbra Streisand procuring gay men for him is laughable. And Stef taking the dominant role? Silly- who the hell would even know? Candid camera?

by Anonymousreply 98February 2, 2024 4:28 PM

Didn't Agassi appear to be hung like a peanut? (At least soft)

by Anonymousreply 99February 2, 2024 5:39 PM

Agassi of all people. The same man who told Pete Sampras to not accept flowers from Elton John because he was a fag?

by Anonymousreply 100February 2, 2024 5:50 PM

Wasn't Agassi also quoted as saying years ago, after a big victory: "I'm as happy as a f*g in a submarine"?

by Anonymousreply 101February 2, 2024 5:57 PM

Tony Parker is the only other athlete who was married to an older Hollywood actress, Eva Longoria, though I'm not sure he could be called A+ list at the top of his fame. He doesn't have a long term marriage either.

by Anonymousreply 102February 2, 2024 6:00 PM

[quote]I'm as happy as a f*g in a submarine

I need to start using that one.

by Anonymousreply 103February 2, 2024 6:07 PM

I’m a pretty avid tennis player and fan of decades and I never heard Sampras said that- or the Andre submarine crack- which is pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 104February 2, 2024 6:29 PM

He said it after the 1991 French Open.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105February 2, 2024 6:48 PM

[Quote] So Barbra Streisand would call up her gay friends to come over and have sex with her boyfriend? Would she just take a turn through the mall until they were finished? How magnanimous.

Was their some reason the sex couldn't have been consummated at another location?

by Anonymousreply 106February 2, 2024 6:58 PM

^^^ was there

by Anonymousreply 107February 2, 2024 6:58 PM

Just kinda noticing now that Agassi was pretty cute in his younger days, and totally has gay-face, so yeah.

by Anonymousreply 108February 2, 2024 7:05 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 109February 2, 2024 7:06 PM

Have any of you read Agassi's (ghostwritten) autobiography, "Open"?

by Anonymousreply 110February 2, 2024 7:07 PM

[quote] I'm as happy as a f*g in a submarine

I’d hate being on a submarine. I think instead I’ll just be happy as a gay man going down on a ship.

by Anonymousreply 111February 2, 2024 7:08 PM

[Quote]Tony Parker is the only other athlete who was married to an older Hollywood actress, Eva Longoria, though I'm not sure he could be called A+ list at the top of his fame. He doesn't have a long term marriage either.

and Langoria was never A+ list either She was a TV star

by Anonymousreply 112February 2, 2024 7:12 PM

Travis Kelce of course!

by Anonymousreply 113February 2, 2024 7:15 PM

OP, stop trying to get traffic to your shitty hoax blog.

by Anonymousreply 114February 2, 2024 7:18 PM

[Quote] When he was 13, Agassi was sent to Nick Bollettieri's Tennis Academy in Florida. After thirty minutes of watching Agassi play, Bollettieri, deeply impressed by his talent, called Mike and said: "Take your check back. He's here for free." Agassi then dropped out of school in the ninth grade to pursue a full-time tennis career.

and deeply attracted to his hairy asshole as well

by Anonymousreply 115February 2, 2024 7:18 PM

[quote]Evan Lysacek?

Well, he "dated" Vera Wang (who is 74), and has a lot of gay friends.

by Anonymousreply 116February 2, 2024 7:25 PM

Was Evan coached by the uber perv Richard Callaghan at one point?

by Anonymousreply 117February 2, 2024 8:02 PM

I don't know, R117.

Does USA Hockey or US Figure Skating have a list like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 7, 2024 9:57 PM

Evan dated Vera for the wang!

by Anonymousreply 119February 7, 2024 10:11 PM

R31 more like sort of cute with a terrible fucking hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 120February 8, 2024 7:31 PM

Agassi was always busted in his face.

by Anonymousreply 121February 8, 2024 11:14 PM

R120 not even sort of cute; borderline fug

by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2024 3:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!