Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Weird Covid Thing - has this happened to anyone else?

I finally got Covid. It was super mild. I barely even knew I had it, except for some sniffles. I'm fully vaxxed and up to date. Anyway, I tested poz and called my doctor and asked to be put on Pavloxid because I'm over 50 and I take Hydrochlorothiazide for elevated blood pressure. I took the Pavloxid and at the end of 5 days, symptoms were gone and I tested negative. I took 3 tests to be sure - all negative.

Now, a few days later, my sniffles returned and I decided to take another test to see what's up and it says that I have Covid again. WTF?

I've messaged my PCP to ask what is going on. Has this happened to anyone else?

And no, none of you can have my stuff.

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 7:11 AM

Lots of discussion on winter illnesses in this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 1, 2024 12:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 1, 2024 12:20 AM

It’s well known that Paxlovid can both alleviate symptoms and cause a relapse. You’ll be ok.

by Anonymousreply 3February 1, 2024 12:20 AM

I hope you’re feeling better.

What’s the connection to Hydrochlorothiazide?

by Anonymousreply 4February 1, 2024 12:21 AM

Yeah, rebound caused by Paxlovid. You’re contagious for 14 days from positive testing. Isolate for 7 days and if you can’t for another 7 days mask up and let others know you tested positive a week ago.

by Anonymousreply 5February 1, 2024 12:25 AM

Thank you for the info about Paxlovid Rebound. I misspelled it in my op.

[quote]What’s the connection to Hydrochlorothiazide?

I have high blood pressure, it's controlled, but I have it and that's what I take. HBP is considered a co-morbidity.

by Anonymousreply 6February 1, 2024 12:29 AM

Welcome to the club. I got COVID over 2 weeks ago for the first time, and a friend got it for the first time a few days ago. Both of us are fully VAX’ed (I got my 7th shot in late November). The common denominator: school-age kids. I got COVID after sitting next to a school teacher at a meal, and my friend went to a school music recital his grandson was in. From what my school teacher friend has described, it’s like COVID doesn’t exist at school, so it’s probably rampant, but the schools have given up. The local hospitals are at maximum capacity with people who have respiratory illnesses.

I started Paxlovid on day 4 of symptoms, which greatly reduced my symptoms, but I’m still COVID positive over 2 weeks later, and some symptoms that might be from COVID have reappeared.. Another friend got COVID for the first time several months ago and got a lot worse a week after taking Paxlovid. Nothing is guaranteed about COVID.

by Anonymousreply 7February 1, 2024 5:08 AM

Someone I know got covid last week! In nyc

by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2024 4:35 AM

You've probably got crappy stuff anyway OP.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2024 4:42 AM

I caught it for the first time last September. Now nobody's gonna wanna buy my sperms.

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2024 5:07 AM

I tested positive for the nucleocapsid protein of SARS-CoV-2 before a vaccine was even available. Found this out when it was added to my routine annual labs. My NP asked me extensive questions about symptoms as this meant I actually had COVID fairly early in the pandemic. I had no idea when I had it as I never felt the slightest bit sick. I was exposed again a couple of years later, after being fully vaccinated (as well as previously infected) and got tested. Came back positive. Tested every other day at home and was positive for a total of 8 days. Never had even a sniffle and did not take Paxlovid. I'm in my 60's, but otherwise healthy. The only thing about COVID that concerns me is the risk of giving it to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2024 6:02 AM

Is Covid still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2024 6:16 AM

The second time I got Covid my hand swelled up and itched the day before I tested positive and started feeling really sick. That’s my weird Covid story. It was okay the next day.

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2024 7:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!